PDA

View Full Version : Teachers Desk Issue

ElaineCarrel
08-18-15, 06:04 PM
edit (KP)

They are aware of the issue, but your accounts need to be looked at by an agent. If you have not already done so, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Thanks!

I competed the challenge last night and wanted to incorporate the final piece into my restaurant. I was in Design mode and recovered the teachers desk out of storage and somehow part of it landed outside of my restaurant. I've tried EVERYTHING that I could think of to move it but nothing works. When I place my finger on it nothing registers, I don't get the option to move, sell or store it either. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Any and all help greatly appreciated. I've tried the following:
1. Uninstall and reinstall
2. Force closing game
3. Closing the app and just going back to it
4. W the game open just trying to move it like u normally would

NOTHING WORKS. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU

Flambeau44
08-18-15, 06:11 PM
I came here looking for help with the same issue! Please help us- I do not want the desk stuck in my restaurant forever!

ElaineCarrel
08-19-15, 08:20 AM
Still waiting for help plz

kooky panda
08-19-15, 10:17 AM
I will report this over.

ElaineCarrel
08-19-15, 11:06 AM
Thx kooky panda. Ur the best

mawmaw3
08-19-15, 02:18 PM
I competed the challenge last night and wanted to incorporate the final piece into my restaurant. I was in Design mode and recovered the teachers desk out of storage and somehow part of it landed outside of my restaurant. I've tried EVERYTHING that I could think of to move it but nothing works. When I place my finger on it nothing registers, I don't get the option to move, sell or store it either. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Any and all help greatly appreciated. I've tried the following:
1. Uninstall and reinstall
2. Force closing game
3. Closing the app and just going back to it
4. W the game open just trying to move it like u normally would

NOTHING WORKS. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU

Same for Me! Desk is in No Mans Land! on regilar screen, it highlights but in desing screen, just sits there unable to move it, store it, or delete it! And my game is STILL messed up from June TL oops!

giftdsole
08-19-15, 05:26 PM
Mine is doing the same thing!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/n72pf.jpg

ElaineCarrel
08-20-15, 12:10 PM
Mine is doing the same thing!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/n72pf.jpg

Yup that's exactly how the desk looks in my restaurant too! I've even written Support and all I've received is the 1st automatically response from them.
Maybe it'll b fixed by Halloween since we're still waiting for them to fix all the problems from the last iOS update.

kooky panda
08-20-15, 02:55 PM
The team is investigating this. Thanks for the photo, I will pass this on.

ElaineCarrel
08-21-15, 04:19 PM
I was really hoping that they, Support, might b able to fix this b4 the wknd especially since we all know from experience nothing gets accomplished w Support over the wknd.
O well. It would've been nice if I'd gotten more than the typical auto response letter from them telling me that they were working on it. But I guess not. O well.....

kooky panda
08-21-15, 06:24 PM
They are aware of the issue, but your accounts need to be looked at by an agent. If you have not already done so, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Thanks!

ElaineCarrel
08-24-15, 05:35 PM
Late Monday afternoon I finally hear from Support.
{removed support email (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)]
I hope that they solve this problem quicker then the Update problems for the iOS players.

mawmaw3
08-26-15, 07:14 AM
Yup that's exactly how the desk looks in my restaurant too! I've even written Support and all I've received is the 1st automatically response from them.
Maybe it'll b fixed by Halloween since we're still waiting for them to fix all the problems from the last iOS update.

Same with mine..got email telling my issues had been solved...nope..I really don't want this desk sitting around all the time..someone needs to address this issue

deekathleen
08-26-15, 07:21 AM
What if you try just tapping the part of the desk that is inside the restaurant and see if it will move?
You probably already tried that but just wanted to try to help.

kooky panda
08-26-15, 10:45 AM
Same with mine..got email telling my issues had been solved...nope..I really don't want this desk sitting around all the time..someone needs to address this issue
Try deleting the game and redownloading to see if this fixes the issue.

If not, please respond back to the last email you received from support and let them know that you are still having the same issue.

mawmaw3
08-26-15, 05:58 PM
Tried this, but none of my issues have been fixed! I really don't think TL cares since it has been over 2 months & still messed up!
I am a college-plus educated person & know this could not take this long to fix a tech problem!

mawmaw3
08-26-15, 06:03 PM
thanx, but really don't think TL cares as this has been going on for 2+ months! Have tried everything!

kooky panda
08-27-15, 02:06 PM
For anyone still having issues, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Thanks!

ElaineCarrel
08-28-15, 07:46 PM
SUPPORT FINALLY CAME THROUGH

I got an email from Support about an hour ago telling me that my problem had been resolved. Yippee. I mean it only took
9 days. but hey it's solved.
thx kooky for ur help.

Doll_
10-13-15, 12:13 PM
Hi there, I have a problem in Restaurant Story. I have the Teachers Desk that I cannot move. It's half on the grass and half in my restaurant. Going into design mode doesn't move it. I've tried turning off my ipad and deleting the app but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Thanks.

deekathleen
10-13-15, 12:29 PM
Hi there, I have a problem in Restaurant Story. I have the Teachers Desk that I cannot move. It's half on the grass and half in my restaurant. Going into design mode doesn't move it. I've tried turning off my ipad and deleting the app but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Have you tried touching just on the edge that is inside the restaurant and moving it?

kooky panda
10-13-15, 02:02 PM
If what deekathleen posted does not help, please send an email to support@storm8.com so agent can fix your account.

(merging thread with current thread on this issue)