PDA

View Full Version : A question for Norman, Supercow or the TeamLava...erm...team.

Unregistered
08-12-10, 09:58 AM
When the next update for or version of Farm Story is released, following on the heels of 1.5, could it please follow the standard 'notify then download' format that carried us through Farm Story, Snap, Flowers and Summer?

As it stands I am reasonably certain that the user base is divided between versions at present, I still see plenty of comments in game from players describing how to access 1.5 functionality to one another. I use Farm Story: Summer myself and, had I not seen conformation of its' authenticity on the forums I would have had 1.5 pegged as an update in progress, stumbled across by a small percentage of the player base and spread through word of mouth before anything could be done to reign it in.

Please, just to set my mind at ease, could you confirm that all players, regardless of current version, will receive some form of notification when 1.6, Autumn or whatever is available?

Thank you for listening.

Unregistered
08-13-10, 05:24 AM
Well, they are listening now so I guess you'll just have to wait for the mods to find this thread.
This reply should keep it current. :)

Hawk 8
08-13-10, 10:39 AM
Please let us know!

Unregistered
08-14-10, 03:22 AM
The title certainly go my attention, I'm sure they'll see it.

Unregistered
08-15-10, 07:56 AM
Well, all I am asking is that I am able to upgrade from Summer through the usual channels.
Could someone in the know simply say that there will be a return to the in-game prompts to download an update to get us all back on the same page or even word that this question has been understood and passed on to the development boffins? I'd be happy if a moderator even said; "Hi" at this point. ;)

We all saw the City Story prompt recently, I believe? News that this delivery method is back on the cards for Farm Story is all I need, i'll wait patiently from that point. Thank you.

Unregistered
08-16-10, 05:35 AM
*pokes head around door to TeamLava building* "Hello-lo-lo-lo..."

Unregistered
08-17-10, 12:44 AM
I have posted a link to this thread on the Refresh Problem topic for you as Norman visits there often.

Unregistered
08-18-10, 02:22 AM
Still no word? I'll check in tomorrow I guess.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 03:02 AM
This is really weird, I'd of expected something before now. You may find that the mods glance at threads once, for whatever reason not replying then and there, and then move on to new ones rather than follow the updates?

Unregistered
08-20-10, 12:10 AM
Well, I'm not giving up when there is a chance that they just haven't seen this yet. However small that might be. :(

Norman Superhog
08-20-10, 12:51 AM
The upgrade will come in winter with Winter edition.
You will get all your wishes plus more. You will be able to grow snowflakes.
There, I said it. Mmmhuuuaahahahahaha.

Unregistered
08-20-10, 09:42 AM
they're probably not allowed to say much due to non-disclosure agreements. it's pretty standard.

Unregistered
08-21-10, 03:45 AM
In regards to forum response, please remember that not all forum posts will receive a response. If you would like individual responses, customer support is the best way to go for that. We appreciate your past feedback and suggestions and we look forward to hearing more from you! :cool:

I'd say that this is the best you're going to get.

Unregistered
08-21-10, 03:50 AM
they're probably not allowed to say much due to non-disclosure agreements. it's pretty standard.

True, you should try getting Bioware to disclose anything regarding fixes and updates.

Unregistered
08-22-10, 05:34 AM
The upgrade will come in winter with Winter edition.
You will get all your wishes plus more. You will be able to grow snowflakes.
There, I said it. Mmmhuuuaahahahahaha.

I can appreciate the sarcasm there but that's not what we are asking, it isn't about wanting more, more, more!
We just want to know that whatever updates come do so via notification on startup and separate download as before with Snap, Flowers and Summer. Not too much to ask that this is heard and understood really, whether it happens or not!

08-23-10, 05:06 AM
Give it up already, they won't disclose anything so as to protect themselves from any legal challenge.

Unregistered
08-24-10, 03:56 AM
Give it up already, they won't disclose anything so as to protect themselves from any legal challenge.

Although you may well be right I, as the topic starter, have gotten so used to reading this thread every day that it has almost become a part of Farm Story itself for me. This will likely sound rather pathetic but I am happy to see this thread go on as long as I play or until a Moderator steps in to delete it, it's still an official response in a way after all. :)

Unregistered
08-26-10, 04:19 AM
The best thing to do is wait and see.

Unregistered
08-26-10, 11:45 PM
I 'aint afraid of no ghosts, bumping makes me feel good.

MetaBunny
09-01-10, 08:04 PM
I had been using using Summer and completely missed 1.5, then finally saw the 1.6 update for the original app in iTunes. All this time I'd been thinking people making references to gifts were just getting confused with FarmVille. o_O I finally looked it up, and installed the updated Farm Story tonight, to find ~120 gifts pending. Yikes. (And a ton to clean out before I can finally see my news feed easily again.)

If the devs aren't going to update the various special version apps, it would be nice to at least get some sort of notification on logging in. (Actually, it would be nice to get a notification when logging in using any out-of-date app.) For now I'm following Farm Story on Twitter so I'll be kept in the loop, but given only 52 other people are, an in-game notification seems best.

Unregistered
09-23-10, 01:03 PM
I can't figure out where to find the Game Center where players can share their Farm stats with others. It's mentioned in the FAQS section ingame but I have no clue how to access it. Please educate the blonde. Thx!

Luffy
09-24-10, 09:10 AM
yeah i've been searching for the game centre too.. where is it? and it's not in the faq.. not even in this forum...