PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate words.

ravenousdreams
08-14-15, 12:33 PM
So I was responding to a request for the paint palette and I was trying to post on their wall that I sent it when low and behold palette is considered an inappropriate word. Can somebody please explain to me why? That makes no sense. :confused:

nmishii
08-14-15, 12:44 PM
Appropriate words containing inappropriate words are also flagged. This includes words such as opal and palace. Even more inappropriate than those words is asking why they are inappropriate. Therefore, this is thread will be closed once a moderator sees it.

ravenousdreams
08-14-15, 12:47 PM
Really? I wonder why they don't want people asking. I was simply trying to post "Paint palette sent." Sometimes including "Tipped." Odd.

WindermereBakery
08-14-15, 04:47 PM
I feel stupid now, but I can't figure out what is wrong with the word 'pal'. Also wondering why it's inappropriate to ask questions when we're confused about something.

lauraleighashby
08-14-15, 05:03 PM
Filters are so pointles anyway since work arounds are so easy. Have seen plenty of posts with VERY inappropriate words on my wall and those of neighbours'. Most are from trolls so I don't bother to report them, since clearly their main objective is not to play the game, but to get attention. If I recall correctly, any word with "pal", or "tam" are not permitted, along with many others. It is amusing that several of the items and recipes in the game cannot be repeated in text in game by the players.

Bakerling
08-16-15, 10:40 PM
So I was responding to a request for the paint palette and I was trying to post on their wall that I sent it when low and behold palette is considered an inappropriate word. Can somebody please explain to me why? That makes no sense. :confused:

Well why don't you try this. I type "paint pa lette send to you" for my neighbours. It works. neighbours understand.

KimWill
08-17-15, 06:04 AM
On a different game I play smile is an inappropriate word. Have is posted like this h**e when I asked about it I was told AV is blocked because it also stands for adult video. A few others were explained but I don't remember what all they were. I believe it all depends on the country the game is made. Don't know if that helps or not but there's my 2 cents

kooky panda
08-17-15, 08:51 AM
You can report words being caught in the filter by sending an email to support@storm8.com.

Closing thread since discussing the word filter is not forum appropriate.

Thanks