PDA

View Full Version : Animal Story Beach Party?

FigmentValley
08-14-15, 07:00 AM
This "new game" popped up in my list on the side. But other than a different name, a drawing of a beach background..... I see no difference in it from Fantasy Story. The animals are identical, the battles and such appear to be, too.

So, what gives? Why a new Fantasy Story with a different name? Is it an update? What?

Clark_Wayne
08-14-15, 07:06 AM
i think they changed the name but it is still FFS
anyway if i can get free gems, no problem :D

lildvil
08-14-15, 07:06 AM
I was wondering the same was playing farm 2, when I got the pop up.....animal story look the same as fantasy forest

Clark_Wayne
08-14-15, 07:12 AM
UGLY ! i will keep apps awhile but i won't play it unless requested ! LOL

31aug2002
08-14-15, 07:13 AM
I don't mind the gems. Gives 30.
In my new game some of my habitats empty. Like there is nothing in them. Can just see shadows.

cocauina
08-14-15, 07:15 AM
This game is a limited version. Dragon Story has the same for Valentine, Halloween, Winter, Summer and Spring versions.

TL creates this versions for a limited time so we can have a different "design". On Dragon Story, the Halloween version, the island becomes decorated with halloween things and colors, on Valentine version, it becomes more pink, that's the only difference between this versions.

I don't mind the gems. Gives 30.
In my new game some of my habitats empty. Like there is nothing in them. Can just see shadows.

The game is still downloading the animations, be patience.

nic1967
08-14-15, 07:18 AM
We just had an update for FFS - the one we've all been playing. Now we get this Animal Story. Which are we supposed to play & what about the updates we just got?

cocauina
08-14-15, 07:30 AM
We just had an update for FFS - the one we've all been playing. Now we get this Animal Story. Which are we supposed to play & what about the updates we just got?

This app is a copy of the original app, the only difference is the design of the game, just that.

calvinxx
08-14-15, 07:43 AM
So when will I know to return to my original FFS app and stop playing in beach party?

chippychan
08-14-15, 07:54 AM
I find the new look refreshing, and I think the new music is very cute and appropriate to the theme. :)

Also, I find the current Egyptian themed habitat and decorations *really* fit in nicely to the background.

Annica5
08-14-15, 07:58 AM
A tropical vacation, nice!

cocauina
08-14-15, 07:59 AM
So when will I know to return to my original FFS app and stop playing in beach party?

You can always play on the original version, I will play on this version because the main one after the update, just crashes every time I try to open the game after I minimize it.

When this version "expires" when you open the game you will receive a box with this message:

"Great news!
This version is no longer
supported. Please go to the
App Store and download
the latest version! Your
Forest will be waiting for
you there!"

ninasidstorm8
08-14-15, 07:59 AM

Dragon Story did a similar thing for Holloween last year. If I remember correctly, after a few weeks, it just changed back to the original look of the game.

I noticed that the new look s using the new version of the game, where as my old icon still is using the older version which I was just about to update. So I plan to hold off on updating the old version until I am confident that the new version is working OK on my iPad. As my Forest grows, I am experiencing many more crashes of the game, particularly when first loading or visiting neighbors.

cocauina
08-14-15, 08:02 AM
Dragon Story did a similar thing for Holloween last year. If I remember correctly, after a few weeks, it just changed back to the original look of the game.

(...)

No, DS created an external app to Halloween, but it's no longer available, and when the app was no longer supported, you received a message, and needed to open the main version of the game.

ninasidstorm8
08-14-15, 08:18 AM
No, DS created an external app to Halloween, but it's no longer available, and when the app was no longer supported, you received a message, and needed to open the main version of the game.

Thanks for the correction. That DS version was my favorite since I received gems for all my S8 games and gold for DS for just downloading a new look.

reeisme
08-14-15, 08:24 AM
I like it. I had to delete FFS for now to make room. Beach Party hadn't completely loaded after ten minutes but seems to be working fine now. And 30 free gems!

LonePudding
08-14-15, 08:31 AM
I like it. I had to delete FFS for now to make room. It hadn't completely loaded after ten minutes but seems to be working fine now.

So it's safe to delete the original version while playing the Beach Party version?

reeisme
08-14-15, 08:40 AM
So it's safe to delete the original version while playing the Beach Party version?

Yep, should be. I played the Valentine version of a different TL game. Once it was over I received a message to download the original version again. Everything transferred seamlessly then and today with Beach Party. I hope there is a new beachy goal in our future!

ninasidstorm8
08-14-15, 08:43 AM
I was having a lot of trouble loading the Animal Story version after the first time. I found that it crashes while loading after I power down my iPad. The only thing that seems to solve the problem is to load the older Fantasy Story version, exit and then load Animal Story.

Just something to keep in mind if you haven't updated Fantasy Forest Story yet and are having problems.

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 08:44 AM
I've gotten the goal with 30 gems as a reward twice: once in Animal Story: Beach Party and once in FFS. So 60 free gems?

EDIT: Nope. Went up by another 30 and then went back down by 30 lol

To avoid confusing myself I just deleted FFS. Beach Party time!

chippychan
08-14-15, 09:11 AM
I just noticed they changed the male/female profile pictures for the community/neighbors section. Nice!

I hope they're here to stay because they suit the game's art style much better than the ones they cut-and-paste from Dragon Story.

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 09:15 AM
I just noticed they changed the male/female profile pictures for the community/neighbors section. Nice!

I hope they're here to stay because they suit the game's art style much better than the ones they cut-and-paste from Dragon Story.
I think it'd be cool if we could choose a profile picture of an animal. I don't have a problem with the female profile picture, but a little more variety is always nice.

LonePudding
08-14-15, 09:15 AM
Yep, should be. I played the Valentine version of a different TL game. Once it was over I received a message to download the original version again. Everything transferred seamlessly then and today with Beach Party. I hope there is a new beachy goal in our future!

Ahh, I always thought the new versions depended on the originals to work. Thanks for letting me know!
I can't wait to see what the party brings along!

LonePudding
08-14-15, 09:53 AM
I'm going to be game-less for a while. I needed to download Beach Party...no space. So I deleted fantasy forest. THEN my wifi decides to shut down, so now I'm using my VERY slow data. It's taking forever to download :( I hope this doesn't interfere too much with the tournament.

zombukidolls
08-14-15, 10:00 AM
On the FFS App Store page it says we have spin to win right now. Is this for beach story or a typo?

reeisme
08-14-15, 10:25 AM
On the FFS App Store page it says we have spin to win right now. Is this for beach story or a typo?

I don't know, but my guess is that it may begin with the Friday update in a little over an hour.

matiasabad94
08-14-15, 10:41 AM
I'm... not sure what's going on. Am I supposed to play on both apps? Or just the beach one?

LonePudding
08-14-15, 11:05 AM
I'm... not sure what's going on. Am I supposed to play on both apps? Or just the beach one?

I'm not sure either, I'm playing the beach one for now just because the music is groovy (and I've deleted the other one :eek:). Hopefully things will be a bit clearer with the update in 30 minutes.

31aug2002
08-14-15, 11:41 AM
Though I have installed the beach adventure, I am still playing on the old game . I have not done the update yet so still getting the timer on my tournament. Planning to do that after I complete my tournament . Still. 4 rounds to go there.

rjazz
08-14-15, 11:54 AM
Not understanding-is Beach Party a New Game separate from FFS? Do we play both or will it revert back to FFS after a time.

Sandybellee
08-14-15, 12:14 PM
Wow! A lot can happen in a few hours I guess. It's like everything has changed while I was at work. :D Exciting!

Just installed Beach Adventure. Haven't deleted the original yet. I really like the theme with corals and such. So pretty! Looking forward to beachy fun! :)

matiasabad94
08-14-15, 12:43 PM
I still don't get the point of the new app. I'd very much rather have my animals in a forest than a beach. How long will this last? Where's the spin to win? Or the Storybook Adventures? I just don't understand why S8 would create a beach-themed layout at the end of the summer, or at all.

Why not make the forest we already have more interesting? More elements! Expansions! New decor! Let us level up past 40! Make a 10-minute crop! This update doesn't make the game more interesting, it is confusing if anything.

LonePudding
08-14-15, 01:31 PM
I still don't get the point of the new app. I'd very much rather have my animals in a forest than a beach. How long will this last? Where's the spin to win? Or the Storybook Adventures? I just don't understand why S8 would create a beach-themed layout at the end of the summer, or at all.

Why not make the forest we already have more interesting? More elements! Expansions! New decor! Let us level up past 40! Make a 10-minute crop! This update doesn't make the game more interesting, it is confusing if anything.

I'm sorry to say this but I agree :( So far I've got more bugs and crashes. I'm wondering why they released it with no new content. Maybe to fix the bugs? We haven't heard from any of the S8 staff about the bugs. I want my tournament timer back :( maybe I'm being too impatient...

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 02:50 PM
I think a lot of confusion would be alleviated if there was more communication between S8 and the players, and the timing for updates was better. I think they could've announced that Animal Story: Beach Party, Spin to Win, and Storybook Adventures were going to be coming after the Egyptian Escapades World Event and the Dusky Battle Tournament had finished.

I like the Beach Party theme, though I do wish it had a little more variety (maybe have the higher elevation areas be more tropical forest like). The original forest had grassy, rocky, and icy areas after all.

Hawksmoor
08-14-15, 03:28 PM
I don't see a notification for this game??

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 03:47 PM
I don't see a notification for this game??
Maybe connect to the server by going to the Community tab under Social and see if that triggers it?

Hawksmoor
08-14-15, 03:52 PM
Maybe connect to the server by going to the Community tab under Social and see if that triggers it?

Ok thanks I'll try. I just rebooted my iPad as well, I'll see if that worked. I installed the update a couple days ago so I thought it would be there. I want those 30 gems :-p

Hawksmoor
08-14-15, 04:02 PM

Ok thanks I'll try. I just rebooted my iPad as well, I'll see if that worked. I installed the update a couple days ago so I thought it would be there. I want those 30 gems :-p

Nope, didn't work. I visited a couple neighbors to sync to the server but nada. *sigh* I guess no gems for me.

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 04:07 PM
Nope, didn't work. I visited a couple neighbors to sync to the server but nada. *sigh* I guess no gems for me.
It should come up eventually. I've had cases where game notices have popped up (but at an inconvenient time), then be mysteriously gone when I wanted to download the game. They then reappeared at some random time later.

Hawksmoor
08-14-15, 04:23 PM
It should come up eventually. I've had cases where game notices have popped up (but at an inconvenient time), then be mysteriously gone when I wanted to download the game. They then reappeared at some random time later.

Ok thanks. I see it in the App Store, but maybe I'll wait to install it until the next update on Tuesday if I don't get a pop-up before then. Anyhoo, onwards and upwards! I've got a Dusky to win!

Buttercup0001
08-14-15, 04:43 PM
I really like this version. Its nice and bright and the habitats look great against the sand background. Still no timer above my arena, which is getting ratner annoying. Havent battled yet so can't say if the animations freeze up.

sweetdeda
08-14-15, 05:26 PM
Waited over 5 minutes and the game never fully loaded, just a few animals and habitats, can't see my farms. I'll take my 30 gems and go back to the original version.

FigmentValley
08-14-15, 07:12 PM

It says this beach party is only 7 days long - and we are already a day in. I do not think I will delete my original. The duration of the beach party is far too short to bother.
I have yet to see any of the special things one supposedly can do on the beach - no wheel, no ?

matiasabad94
08-14-15, 07:26 PM
It says this beach party is only 7 days long - and we are already a day in. I do not think I will delete my original. The duration of the beach party is far too short to bother.
I have yet to see any of the special things one supposedly can do on the beach - no wheel, no ?

I didn't see the duration of the "event", but I still don't see what the point is. If they just want us to have a change for a week, good, but I still feel they could've put more effort on improving the original.

Clark_Wayne
08-14-15, 08:35 PM
i don't see any spin to win games :(

SummerNightSky
08-14-15, 09:27 PM
Where does it say that?

55lee55
08-15-15, 02:26 AM
I might be the only one who doesn't like this. To me it looks like the forest has been replaced by a bunch of butter right before it melts into a pool of oil. I am unimpressed. Glad we aren't forced to play this instead of FFS.

I collected my gems and won't be going back to Butter Beach Story.

sweetdeda
08-15-15, 03:41 AM
The way I read it we had 7 days to download it.
55lee55, I'm not wowed by it either and the fact that it was taking so long to load was a turn off for me.
I really hope it's not like FS2 and to be able to participate in upcoming events we have to use this version.

Hawksmoor
08-15-15, 04:46 AM
I had the goal for this game just show up this morning. I don't think the game is around for only 7 days, we have 7 days (actually 6 now) to install it to get the gem reward.

FigmentValley
08-15-15, 06:03 AM
I had the goal for this game just show up this morning. I don't think the game is around for only 7 days, we have 7 days (actually 6 now) to install it to get the gem reward.

oh my! I thINK you are right and I am SO wrong. RATS! YUCK. I agree with others. This environment is horrid. I was REALLY hoping it would go away in 7 days. Sweating outside in three digit temps all day at work, I want something green to play with. Not more heat and "melting butter" and WAY too much pink. RATS RATS RATS YUCK.

LonePudding
08-15-15, 06:28 AM
The way I read it we had 7 days to download it.
55lee55, I'm not wowed by it either and the fact that it was taking so long to load was a turn off for me.
I really hope it's not like FS2 and to be able to participate in upcoming events we have to use this version.

I really hope it's not like FS2. Hopefully the new update on the original game will allow us to play with the "new features". Otherwise what was the point of that update?

A highly-anticipated flop. :(

Perry9877
08-15-15, 07:01 AM
I used to think I LOVED yellow, but seeing all that yellow, I realised I just like yellow. You know, like an accent colour. And I am a bit confused about the purpose of the new skin. Usually there is at least one "token" quest that follows the new theme, or some animals. The first animal released (at least in my game) was a Rooster. I guess the good news for chickens everywhere is that they do not have to sit on the nest all day everyday until the chicks hatch. The sand retains enough heat to give those chickies a break so they can rest their eyes. On the serious side my husband tried to pawn off playing the rest of the tourney on me. :p Good thing the tourney can still be played on the old app. Hopefully something will wash ashore that can beat that problematic Poodle.

oo56
08-15-15, 04:25 PM
I love this update (especially the music), however, for me, it keeps crashing, so I have use regular Fantasy Forest Story to actually play!:eek::(

Em_storm
08-16-15, 10:24 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was puzzled to say the least. Usually when you need to download a new temporary version it's for an event, and the current event hadn't ended when they started asking us to download this. Maybe it starts soon? And why did the name change? So many questions. :confused:

ogreve
08-16-15, 03:36 PM
Hi guys,

I don't think anyone has mentioned this (or I missed it) but it's perfectly o.k. to have both versions installed at the same time and even to play them at the same time. At this very moment I have both versions open and they are in sync.
As my forest is extremely strongly colour-based as per the forest version, I shall not use the beach version that much but I do like the music heaps better. To be honest, whenever I play FFS I turn off the sound as I don't like the music so much, but with the beach version I do like it. :P

Anyway, there's no need whatsoever to delete one version when playing the other: just open the one you like. :)

BTW: I've been playing Jewel Mania and Candy Mania for several years and with those games S8 also releases such time limited special versions every so often. Typically those games will include a special area with some not too difficult levels that will give a good gold reward. In the FFS version it seems to be limited to the design alone.

Enjoy your beach time, or strolls through the forest at will! :)
Olafo

kooky panda
08-17-15, 09:15 AM
Please be a little careful when playing both versions at the same time.
You can keep both versions on your device, but you should only play on version at a time. Close out the game you are not playing.

Sometimes with both versions open you may experience issues.

Shadifern
08-17-15, 12:46 PM
It does look the same as FFS.

jim23cash
08-17-15, 05:49 PM
I love the coral background! I hope we get a chance to buy some decor like that from this version. :D

SummerNightSky
08-17-15, 08:31 PM
Welp, Animal Story: Beach Adventure started crashing each time I tried to re-enter the game after minimizing it. I re-downloaded FFS, which doesn't seem to be having the same issues *knock on wood*, so that'll be the version I'll be playing from now on.

It's a shame because the beach theme and music was a refreshing change. Just not refreshing enough to deal with the crashes :/

MaxMueuessli
08-18-15, 04:09 PM
Hi

Does somebody know what's going on, my game crashes every time I try to open it. Is that because I have both FFS and ASB? I cannot open both :-(

MaxMueuessli
08-18-15, 04:24 PM
Hi

Does anyone know what's going on, the game crashes with me every time I try to open it.

Thanks

matiasabad94
08-18-15, 04:34 PM
Hi

Does anyone know what's going on, the game crashes with me every time I try to open it.

Thanks

There have been many bug reports from multiple users lately. Try deleting the app and downloading it again. If it doesn't work, contact S8 so they can help you out.

SummerNightSky
08-18-15, 05:15 PM
Welp, Animal Story: Beach Adventure started crashing each time I tried to re-enter the game after minimizing it. I re-downloaded FFS, which doesn't seem to be having the same issues *knock on wood*, so that'll be the version I'll be playing from now on.

It's a shame because the beach theme and music was a refreshing change. Just not refreshing enough to deal with the crashes :/
FFS started crashing too every time I tried to re-enter after minimizing. Then I decided to see if it would make a difference whether I was on Wi-Fi or LTE, I switched off Wi-Fi. Now the game doesn't crash. This game is quite finicky :rolleyes:

Thought I'd mention this in case it might be able to help someone else. Thankfully this game doesn't use up much data, and now I can go back to Beach Adventure.

MaxMueuessli
08-19-15, 02:00 AM
There have been many bug reports from multiple users lately. Try deleting the app and downloading it again. If it doesn't work, contact S8 so they can help you out.

Hi matiasabad94

Thank you for your replay.
Is it from the same reason the game Bingo doesn't work either?

cocauina
08-19-15, 08:02 AM
Hi

Thanks

I'm having this problem in both versions of FFS apps, already reported to TL, in the se day that both apps where released. I reported the crashing problem like I did 3 months ago because of RS2 and after 3 months later, TL finally released a new version for RS2 that finally solved the crashing when I re-open the game after minimize it.

matiasabad94
08-20-15, 12:05 AM

Is this some decor we haven't heard about yet? Or did I miss something?

LonePudding
08-20-15, 01:35 AM

I'm not too sure. I have one suggestion to what it could be (although I seriously doubt it is). In DS, people used to leave certain foliage when expanding to use as a more natural decoration in their forest. This could be it.

By the way, do you know the ID of this player? I think it's someone who is on these forums regularly but I'm not sure who!

eva178
08-20-15, 01:48 AM
When will we be able to play the 'spin to win' game things?!??

matiasabad94
08-20-15, 05:37 AM
I'm not too sure. I have one suggestion to what it could be (although I seriously doubt it is). In DS, people used to leave certain foliage when expanding to use as a more natural decoration in there forest. This could be it.

By the way, do you know the ID of this player? I think it's someone who is on these forums regularly but I'm not sure who!

I was thinking the same thing, but it looks too tidy for those to be foliage. And nope, I don't know the ID, just the forest name, sorry :confused:

LonePudding
08-21-15, 02:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but it looks too tidy for those to be foliage. And nope, I don't know the ID, just the forest name, sorry :confused:

Let us know if you find out what they are!
If you are the owner of the forest, please PM me! :)

zaccy678
08-21-15, 02:49 AM

Have you tried visiting this player in FFS??

My feeling is LP has it right...

zaccy678
08-21-15, 02:58 AM
Yep, these 2 are equivalent:

LonePudding
08-21-15, 08:00 AM
Yep, these 2 are equivalent:

Ahh! Well that's pretty foliage! I have so much of it in the main areas of my forest, it's a shame I don't play animal story.

dangerb0y
08-27-15, 11:13 AM
This is more of an underwater theme than beach theme. You can see bubbles here and there if you stare long enough. Might see a pineapple habitat in the future.

MaribouMay
08-27-15, 01:20 PM
This is more of an underwater theme than beach theme. You can see bubbles here and there if you stare long enough. Might see a pineapple habitat in the future.

Hahahaha! Sounds like we will need a squid animal too. Maybe a starfish as well.