PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 08/13/15 Update - Horse Training

sourp4tch
08-13-15, 11:05 AM
On the way home, I saw some horses for sale. Your knights have enough? Mark my words, a good horse will never let you down! Get them happily situated and trained up, and they'll be valuable assets to your knights! Set up is complete for where they'll live, but will basic training be enough to prepare them? Go help everyone come up with something more advanced!

[==Update requires Level 17+ to participate, and is live 08/13 @ 12pm - 08/17 @ 11:30am==]

sourp4tch
08-13-15, 11:05 AM
Horse Training
prepared by SpiritWind - and awesome players!

Completion is not required to participate in the upcoming event
Both the tasks and the rewards of these quests will help prepare for the upcoming event
4 days to complete - but it doesn't matter if you do not participate or finish!

1. Horse Shortage
Have 4 horses
Tend 4 horses
Adventure to Search the Ancient Vault (collecting will complete this goal)
Rewards: 1300 coin, 5 xp, 1 enchanted block

2. Hoarse Horses
Give 60 carrots
Have 2 stables
Make 5 ropes (need to craft/collect new rope)
Rewards: 1300 coin, 5 xp, 1 enchanted beam

3. Cavalry Cantering
Craft 5 super glue
Craft 5 fancy beams
Craft 5 fancy blocks
Rewards: 1300 coin, 5 xp, 1 lumin essence

End of goals.

I'm pretty much maxed out on all building supplies and pretty much at the highest level for all my buildings. Can't make any of the requirements. Any suggestions?

Well, as I see it here are a couple of options:
1. Opt of out goal. Doesn't matter if you do it or not. It would be like the barons birthday event where we got a little something that turned out to be quite unrelated to the actual event.
2. Build something else. Check the Building Guide (in section 1 of the Hub). Lots of building need blocks, beams and s/glue.
3. Craft deco.
4. Make a cup of tea and relax (My personal favourite!) ;)

paisdelasmaravillas
08-13-15, 12:05 PM
Yes!
It's here!!
Begin
First quest

Go go go

perry5
08-13-15, 12:06 PM
Hey boys and girls! We're on time today! Send out to the Ancient Vault!

triplescream
08-13-15, 12:14 PM
And next, you have to make five new ropes...

tigarlilyvol
08-13-15, 12:16 PM
Hoarse Horses next
Give 60 carrots,
Jane 2 stables,
MAKE 5 ropes (those already made don't count, you can start now just don't collect until goal shows up)

meme1098
08-13-15, 12:16 PM
Looks a bit familiar...lol. Like a rerun...lol

Rickmz
08-13-15, 12:19 PM
How "interesting"....as soon as I am done with the goal that needed TONS of poo bags, the drop rate "magically" increases from 1-3 per 9 Conservatories to 7 in 9 on the VERY first try.......what a coincidence.

katbtodd
08-13-15, 12:19 PM
Are we going to still get the rewards if we are max on them

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 12:20 PM

End of goals:)

All goals timed 4 days.

meme1098
08-13-15, 12:21 PM

I'm maxed on that essence too.

How "interesting"....as soon as I am done with the goal that needed TONS of poo bags, the drop rate "magically" increases from 1-3 per 9 Conservatories to 7 in 9 on the VERY first try.......what a coincidence.

Very interesting indeed! Just funny how drop rates adjust during a goal, isn't it!?!

tigarlilyvol
08-13-15, 12:28 PM
There is a time limit on goals of 4 days, not sure if it is 4 days each goal or just 4 days total. It shows in goal book.

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 12:35 PM
Four days totally, I should say, look at the dates in the first post:)

Liloze
08-13-15, 12:36 PM
Maxed out on all, sigh, need to get rid of things ...fast !

anissada
08-13-15, 12:41 PM

same here... maybe buy some buildings ?

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 12:50 PM

I think I got Lumin Essence #100, I forgot to check that before, but believe I only had 99 and it's in the beginning of inventory:)

mreames
08-13-15, 12:50 PM
For once, I got lucky with what I already had waiting. Hadn't collected an ancient vault adventure for 2 days and had 3 ropes waiting to be collected. ;)

kittensabc
08-13-15, 12:58 PM
So are we looking at another season of Monster Mash or are we gearing up for an equestrian Community Event?

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 01:00 PM
For once, I got lucky with what I already had waiting. Hadn't collected an ancient vault adventure for 2 days and had 3 ropes waiting to be collected. ;)

I had to skip almost everything, lol...Gathered too much into the barns!:rolleyes::D

Lunaticus
08-13-15, 01:03 PM
60 carrots... need 2 more.😧

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-13-15, 01:05 PM
So are we looking at another season of Monster Mash or are we gearing up for an equestrian Community Event?
This type of 4-day preparatory event has always lead up to a worldwide community event...and yes, looks to be horsie. :)

ETA:... Wonder if I'll get my beer trailer for Sir Daisy (or more Clydesdales lol)

Liloze
08-13-15, 01:10 PM
same here... maybe buy some buildings ?

That's exactly what I am thinking ;)
As for the Lumin Esssence oh well...
Will have to send the knights to the Dark Caves tomorrow :)
I will have the barracks ( Ancient vault ) ready to collect tomorrow as well,
So it is feasible with extra buildings lol

mreames
08-13-15, 01:10 PM

Yep, guess I better see what can be built with fancy beams and blocks. Lol

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 01:11 PM
This type of 4-day preparatory event has always lead up to a worldwide community event...and yes, looks to be horsie. :)

ETA:... Wonder if I'll get my beer trailer for Sir Daisy (or more Clydesdales lol)

I think community event too, and wonder what we'll be collecting if we're right about that, lol...:confused::eek:

amerirish
08-13-15, 01:13 PM
I've got to dump fancy beams, fancy blocks and some super glue :(

Liloze
08-13-15, 01:13 PM
Yep, guess I better see what can be built with fancy beams and blocks. Lol

Yep I hope I am not maxed out on buildings too lol :D
Conservatory is good to get rid of them :)

touchdown69
08-13-15, 01:14 PM
All done I guess this is a mini quest to a future upcoming part 2? Perhaps next week? 💯✔️👸🏼

mreames
08-13-15, 01:17 PM
So it sounds like we will be needing some amount of enchanted blocks and beams, lumin essences and rope for the next phase. Did I leave anything out? Lol crafting rope is the only thing I remember seeing that could fit the
"Both the TASKS and the rewards of these quests will help prepare for the upcoming event".... Unless there's another way I'm not thinking about. Well, on 2nd thought, we might need the superglue, fancy blocks and beams or the blocks and beams could just be helpful in making more enchanted stuff.

tuffyjkitten
08-13-15, 01:22 PM
I have 1 horse. Really why do I need a whole herd of them to collect for the rope?

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 01:33 PM
I have 1 horse. Really why do I need a whole herd of them to collect for the rope?

Even as live ones, the horses look spookily funny as a herd:p I just bought lots and lots of the coin horses and kept them out until maxed on rope and horse hair:)

Edit: Players without OCD and skipping fondness should probably not max up to 99. Just to be on the safe side.

mreames
08-13-15, 01:48 PM
Even as live ones, the horses look spookily funny as a herd:p I just bought lots and lots of the coin horses and kept them out until maxed on rope and horse hair:)

Edit: Players without OCD and skipping fondness should probably not max up to 99. Just to be on the safe side.

Yep, I've learned from y'all that maybe I should stop at 90 on most things from now on. Lol

mikado86
08-13-15, 01:48 PM
I dont appreciate the "Craft X" of things, some of us are maxed in a lot of things and got no way to get rid of them,

Solutions:
Temporally increase items limit
Change craft to "give" on items that cant be used on upgrades/adventures/anything, IE, Rope

perry5
08-13-15, 01:53 PM

Oh yes! A beer trailer and maybe a sweet dalmation puppy to run along beside it! lol

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 01:59 PM
Oh yes! A beer trailer and maybe a sweet dalmation puppy to run along beside it! lol

Can't it be a goat or a duck instead? Why more puppies...?:(:eek::D

meme1098
08-13-15, 02:07 PM
Can't it be a goat or a duck instead? Why more puppies...?:(:eek::D

The Dalmatian is a mascot on the Budweiser wagon pulled by Clydesdales.

merlin3108
08-13-15, 02:12 PM
@ AnniePMH - thank you very much for posting the pictures so we can also see the rewards... Have decided to sit this one out (probably the first ever quest I'm not doing)... Maxed out on everything that we have to make and I don't see the point of getting rid of material in order to get a reward of sthg that I'm also maxed out on... Guess I'm well prepared for the upcoming event, having plenty of everything :D

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 02:14 PM

Ivy could just paint some black spots on a goat. No one will know the difference...

mikado86
08-13-15, 02:14 PM
@ AnniePMH - thank you very much for posting the pictures so we can also see the rewards... Have decided to sit this one out (probably the first ever quest I'm not doing)... Maxed out on everything that we have to make and I don't see the point of getting rid of material in order to get a reward of sthg that I'm also maxed out on... Guess I'm well prepared for the upcoming event, having plenty of everything :D

Mind I remind you I seem to remember the last time they did this, the next update they did a "thank you for helping" quest, where they gifted us some energy boxes, or maybe it was something else

meme1098
08-13-15, 02:15 PM
I built 2 more conservatories to use some fancy blocks, beams & super glue. Had to do 2 since first build only used 4 of the super glue...lol. So now my count us down & I can craft it when the time comes.

meme1098
Ivy could just paint some black spots on a goat. No one will know the difference...

So true!!! Lol

AnniePMH

You're most welcome!:)
Edit: And thanks to the other pic posters as well, of course:)

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 02:25 PM
Mind I remind you I seem to remember the last time they did this, the next update they did a "thank you for helping" quest, where they gifted us some energy boxes, or maybe it was something else

I don't remember this...Anyone who knows more?:confused:

belbar22
08-13-15, 02:46 PM
Oh no. I am going on holiday next week and am going to struggle to participate in a world event. Not failed to win a final prize yet but this could well be a first as I think my wifi is going to be very limited. Ho hum!!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-13-15, 02:47 PM

LOL, yep! ...We neeeeeeeeed one, lol
...although, there's a new TV commercial series (dunno who all on here has seen it) which features the Clydesdales with a Golden Retriever puppy... Awwwww, so cute! Lol

LOL!! ...now *that*, I wanna see and WANT, too, lol

Those "thank-you's" were actually apologies for certain snafu's that happened, not related to 4-day prep events.

newpam575
08-13-15, 02:55 PM

Then we could craft black dye again!

perry5
08-13-15, 03:03 PM

PETA would come after you...and then we would have to post all kinds of pro-goat profanities on your wall. I would hate for that to happen to you!!!😄

perry5
08-13-15, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=NorthWoodsKingdom;1157874]LOL, yep! ...We neeeeeeeeed one, lol
...although, there's a new TV commercial series (dunno who all on here has seen it) which features the Clydesdales with a Golden Retriever puppy... Awwwww, so cute! Lol

I'm a sucker for this ad too, but the dalmation IS traditional. (or we could go the Go Daddy route and sell off the lost puppies we are given as a prize after they make their long way home to us!��

AnniePMH
08-13-15, 03:09 PM
PETA would come after you...and then we would have to post all kinds of pro-goat profanities on your wall. I would hate for that to happen to you!!!��

Lol, had to google PETA...But no problem, wall-post away, I'm awake to guard the sword almost always anyways, lol...:p

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-13-15, 04:06 PM
Hmm...I wonder what we'll be collecting this time... Horseshoes, maybe?
(So long as it's NOT more bags of poo, lol)

djyipyipyippee
08-13-15, 05:08 PM

Did anyone figure out if we can complete the goal of making ropes if we're maxed on rope already?? It seems like the rewards aren't worth the efforts on this one. I saw that only because, like most people who's posting, I'm maxed on everything including the rewards.

SpiritWind00
08-13-15, 05:16 PM
Did anyone figure out if we can complete the goal of making ropes if we're maxed on rope already?? It seems like the rewards aren't worth the efforts on this one. I saw that only because, like most people who's posting, I'm maxed on everything including the rewards.

you can ask S8 to remove a couple for you, or just opt out of this goal and let it expire if you're maxed... :)

mikado86
08-13-15, 05:18 PM
I don't remember this...Anyone who knows more?:confused:

Maybe im confusing it for something, I think it was skunku pie related

meme1098
08-13-15, 05:23 PM
you can ask S8 to remove a couple for you, or just opt out of this goal and let it expire if you're maxed... :)

I built 2 conservatories to use the fancy blocks & beams & super glue...

oops..doing several things at one time plus being sleep deprived and missed the word 'ROPE' there.... Lol

Just disregard...lol!!

djyipyipyippee
08-13-15, 06:35 PM
Simple enough. Thanks.

Queenzod
08-13-15, 09:28 PM

Just as a note, the last time I asked S8 to remove something from my inventory cos I was maxed and couldn't do the task, they refused. Even after three times explaining! So, they may not as well.

SpiritWind00
08-13-15, 10:48 PM
Oh, that's not good QZ! Might I suggest that if you do go down that road, you should always send a PM to Pika Squirrel with the ticket number. That should make it happen... :) they have removed items in the past if there is no way to use those items in another form.

Thankfully for this goal it's not really an issue as we don't have to do it.... Phew!

anissada
08-14-15, 12:18 AM
Oh, that's not good QZ! Might I suggest that if you do go down that road, you should always send a PM to Pika Squirrel with the ticket number. That should make it happen... :) they have removed items in the past if there is no way to use those items in another form.

Thankfully for this goal it's not really an issue as we don't have to do it.... Phew!

maybe cause the rope can be used for upgrading the arena?
luckely ihold back on doing so.. now i can make 5 new ropes after upgrading ;)

queenofpolharcity
08-14-15, 01:43 AM
Hmm...I wonder what we'll be collecting this time... Horseshoes, maybe?
(So long as it's NOT more bags of poo, lol)

Is anyone else having a problem getting fertilizer?? I have 20 cows, and 2 stables, and I'm having to speed up (at 1 gem each!!) each cow to increase the chance of getting more! It's taken forever, and I still have 20 horse mitts to go!! My conservatory has given ---->1<---- ONE!! Bag of fertilizer in the past 2-3 days...

I know that it's the 'policy' not to decrease a craft or ingredient when we need them, but this is crazy. No way I'd ever need that many cows for fertilizer (which, til now, has always stayed maxed out.)

is there anything else we can do?

outhouse01
08-14-15, 03:31 AM
Is anyone else having a problem getting fertilizer?? I have 20 cows, and 2 stables, and I'm having to speed up (at 1 gem each!!) each cow to increase the chance of getting more! It's taken forever, and I still have 20 horse mitts to go!! My conservatory has given ---->1<---- ONE!! Bag of fertilizer in the past 2-3 days...

I know that it's the 'policy' not to decrease a craft or ingredient when we need them, but this is crazy. No way I'd ever need that many cows for fertilizer (which, til now, has always stayed maxed out.)

Yep, stop speeding up your cows and save your gems. They are always constapated. Even though cows and sheep are located in stables, they are obviously like dogs and "don't s@it in their own bed" so the stables never drop poo. build conservitories if you can. Only having 1 is useless in that goal. Also go to the correct thread for tips. Sorry, I'd post a link, but computer technology is not my best point. Cheers.

Ps. As one of my lovely neighbours pointed out, it the outhouse cannot find poo, then the world is DOOMED. Just plug along and you will get there.

PPS Ollie, yep, still DOOMED. I'm going to have to call a plumber to the outhouse. It's really blocked up. There is no way I'm plumbing myself. I'm calling the dolphin man. Cheers.

MizCricket
08-14-15, 05:06 AM

This is not a timed goal so why the rush? Just keep playing as usual and you'll get them eventually. I have about 24 mitts to go. This one will be sitting in my goal book for some time.

vednir
08-14-15, 06:50 AM
Will Sir Daisy be required for the upcoming event?

MsMelanieMonster
08-14-15, 07:41 AM
This is not a timed goal so why the rush? Just keep playing as usual and you'll get them eventually. I have about 24 mitts to go. This one will be sitting in my goal book for some time.

I am a level 40, play regularly (without gems), and I also have about 20 mitts to go. I keep collecting from cows and chickens to do the royal trade to empty out inventory of milk and eggs while waiting on fertilizer. It takes awhile, but will eventually be done, and I will have a couple of expansion tickets in the process.

I like to think I'm working on expansion permits and am getting the mitts in the process to make it less frustrating. Good luck!

Also, I'm wondering if I should save my carrots if a horse related goal is coming up... or if it's a community event and carrots won't matter...

Vednir -- I doubt we will need Sir Daisy. So many of us are still working on mitts. This is just a guess though.

P.S.- In between waiting on fertilizer for mitts and fairie murmur for shopping for carriage items I totally understand your frustration! I only need 1 lace! 1 lace after 7 trips to that *%&# store!

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-14-15, 08:27 AM
So it sounds like we will be needing some amount of enchanted blocks and beams, lumin essences and rope for the next phase. Did I leave anything out? Lol crafting rope is the only thing I remember seeing that could fit the
"Both the TASKS and the rewards of these quests will help prepare for the upcoming event".... Unless there's another way I'm not thinking about. Well, on 2nd thought, we might need the superglue, fancy blocks and beams or the blocks and beams could just be helpful in making more enchanted stuff.
Well, the title of this thing is "Horse Training" so I'm guessing the enchanted blocks & essences will be needed to either build a barn or horse stable for them to live in or maybe one of those round pens, for training on a long ROPE. - & maybe that building will be the "Pyre Tent" (or vineyard) for this upcoming event, where we can collect something from it to go towards winning the prizes? The random thing to drop from it (that we need gobs of, in order to upgrade it) might be bits and bridles. Maybe we can find some in The Ancient Vaults? Lol

I think community event too, and wonder what we'll be collecting if we're right about that, lol...:confused::eek:
Whatever it is that we have to collect to win the community prizes (horseshoes, maybe?) might also drop from harvesting carrots, apples and corn (oh god, lol), collecting from our stables & horses (of course of course lol)... Sugar might come into play SOMEWHERE, lol...and yeah, horse hair.

Hmm... What else, y'all? (Where are the horsie people to give us all lessons on horse training? LOL)

...And let's hear some guesses on the Community Event PRIZES!
All should know by now that all I want is a BEER WAGON (& 5 more Clydesdale to hitch to it with Sir Daisy)! LOL
But what else could it be?
-A horse trough?
-Dalmatian?
-Riding Gear Rack? (A place to throw our saddles lol)
-Horse blankets?
-A fenced pasture to put our horses in?
-A deco item that is a pile of hay? (w/o pumpkins on it this time) lol
-.....?

marse66
08-14-15, 10:26 AM
We need to craft 5 ropes but am maxed out so how do I complete the goal?

ShibuyaCloth
08-14-15, 11:16 AM
Like many here I am a hoarder, thus maxed on ropes since eons. Mm, just wondering how to do this quest without asking support to flush 5 ropes from my inventory... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS SW, can you amend post 2 on the what S8 can tell on doing this quest?

PikaSquirrel
08-14-15, 11:33 AM
We need to craft 5 ropes but am maxed out so how do I complete the goal?

We'll look into this for you.

ShibuyaCloth
08-14-15, 12:25 PM
The rope CAP has been increased to 110, we can now do the quest!!

Thanks S8 for the change.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-14-15, 12:47 PM
The rope CAP has been increased to 110, we can now do the quest!!

Thanks S8 for the change.
Yeah, but the next step is craft 5 ea of super glue, fancy beams & fancy blocks. I don't see them raising the 99-cap on those ... I'm letting these expire.
These pre-goals are built for lower level players (seeing as how it's available to levels 17+)....but at least they give us an idea of some of the things to have stocked for next week.

chuckfeets
08-14-15, 12:51 PM
Yeah, but the next step is craft 5 ea of super glue, fancy beams & fancy blocks. I don't see them raising the 99-cap on those ... I'm letting these expire.
These pre-goals are built for lower level players (seeing as how it's available to levels 17+)....but at least they give us an idea of some of the things to have stocked for next week.

Agreed, I'm in the same boat where I am capped on my fancy beams and fancy blocks so I can't complete the quest since I am required to make them instead of just supplying them.

ShibuyaCloth
08-14-15, 01:00 PM

Currently chain producing fountains, so fancy blocks are good, for beams & super glue, just do some deco production or a building. The rope problem was that there is nothing requiring it.

Queenzod
08-14-15, 01:48 PM
So, does anyone have a list of what requires fancy beams? I can make some benches to get rid of the fancy blocks, but I'm full up on beam stuff. This is so irritating...

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-14-15, 01:55 PM
Currently chain producing fountains, so fancy blocks are good, for beams & super glue, just do some deco production or a building. The rope problem was that there is nothing requiring it.
If the reward was akin to the rewards back during the pre-goals last Fall before the H'ween event (masks needed to adventure), then yeah, I'd use up my blocks, beams and glue on decor or whatever. But, it'd be easier (for me, at least), just to use some lumin essence and replace it, lol. (The reward for that last step.)

But, what would REALLY get us ahead is, instead of rewarding us items we can craft (& already be maxed on), is to reward us some of whatever will be needed next week to upgrade the upcoming barn/arena/stable/whatever, which usually *isn't* anything we currently have or will be able to craft when the event hits.

marse66
08-14-15, 01:58 PM
We'll look into this for you.
Thank you Pika and this is not the first time this has happened. If the goal was changed to give 5 ropes than that would work. We should have a choice.

marse66
08-14-15, 03:20 PM
Thank you Pika and this is not the first time this has happened. If the goal was changed to give 5 ropes than that would work. We should have a choice.

The rope is unlocked and I can now craft the items. Thank you so much!

SpiritWind00
08-14-15, 03:31 PM
So, does anyone have a list of what requires fancy beams? I can make some benches to get rid of the fancy blocks, but I'm full up on beam stuff. This is so irritating...

Flick through the Building Guide, that would be the best way as you know what you have and at what levels your buildings are. You can always sell something and buy and upgrade it again. I know it's a waste, but if choices are limited... well, it might be something to consider (albeit not the best solution!).

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392

Queenzod
08-14-15, 03:50 PM
Flick through the Building Guide, that would be the best way as you know what you have and at what levels your buildings are. You can always sell something and buy and upgrade it again. I know it's a waste, but if choices are limited... well, it might be something to consider (albeit not the best solution!).

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392

Doesn't it seem rather BS-y that you have to pull down an entire building, put it back up again, wasting tons of other resources to get it back up to level 5, just to get to where you were before, all in order to make 5 fancy beams? This is garbage and I'm angry. 

meme1098
08-14-15, 05:23 PM
Doesn't it seem rather BS-y that you have to pull down an entire building, put it back up again, wasting tons of other resources to get it back up to level 5, just to get to where you were before, all in order to make 5 fancy beams? This is garbage and I'm angry. 

I built 2 more conservatories. First build uses fancy blocks & beams & super glue.

SpiritWind00
08-14-15, 05:57 PM

Yep! But it was only a suggestion and you can opt out of this goal and wait till next week. Sorry if I upset you QZ with my suggestion...

Lantern spire upgrades, conservatory, library upgrade, watchtower upgrade, cottage upgrade, farmhouse upgrade, market place upgrade, tavern upgrade all use fancy beams, blocks or glue.

Queenzod
08-14-15, 09:39 PM
Sorry, Gardenia! I'm not upset with you! I'm upset at this stupid game. Well, and perhaps myself, but that gets into this huge psychological area I'm not sure you want to deal with, lol. :-D

Thanks for the suggestions!

outhouse01
08-15-15, 01:05 AM
QZ, you could make some useless faerie blocks and beams to get rid of your normal blocks and beams. There does not appear to be a limit on what you can make for these. I'm maxed on the rewards, however, completing does take you over the limit. I now have 100 enchanted blocks and beams. I'm completing this one just to have something constructive to do. Otherwise, I'd just be wandering around my domain doing nothing. I've also made a truck load of white benches for the OH Theatre. I might upgrade the pleb seats to a bit more comfortable position. Cheers

Queenzod
08-15-15, 01:37 AM
QZ, you could make some useless faerie blocks and beams to get rid of your normal blocks and beams. There does not appear to be a limit on what you can make for these. I'm maxed on the rewards, however, completing does take you over the limit. I now have 100 enchanted blocks and beams. I'm completing this one just to have something constructive to do. Otherwise, I'd just be wandering around my domain doing nothing. I've also made a truck load of white benches for the OH Theatre. I might upgrade the pleb seats to a bit more comfortable position. Cheers

Thank you darling. I built another conservatory, and I can just leave it at level one. I'm fine. Just cranky. :D

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-15-15, 07:31 AM
Well, the title of this thing is "Horse Training" so I'm guessing the enchanted blocks & essences will be needed to either build a barn or horse stable for them to live in or maybe one of those round pens, for training on a long ROPE. - & maybe that building will be the "Pyre Tent" (or vineyard) for this upcoming event, where we can collect something from it to go towards winning the prizes? The random thing to drop from it (that we need gobs of, in order to upgrade it) might be bits and bridles. Maybe we can find some in The Ancient Vaults? Lol

Whatever it is that we have to collect to win the community prizes (horseshoes, maybe?) might also drop from harvesting carrots, apples and corn (oh god, lol), collecting from our stables & horses (of course of course lol)... Sugar might come into play SOMEWHERE, lol...and yeah, horse hair.

Hmm... What else, y'all? (Where are the horsie people to give us all lessons on horse training? LOL)

All should know by now that all I want is a BEER WAGON (& 5 more Clydesdale to hitch to it with Sir Daisy)! LOL
-A horse trough?
-Dalmatian?
-Horse blankets?
-.....?
NO takers on guessing with me about this??? :confused:
Hmphf, okayyyyyy, guess I'll go pout now & keep my ponderings to mySELF, then. Lol :p

AnniePMH
08-15-15, 08:01 AM
NO takers on guessing with me about this??? :confused:
Hmphf, okayyyyyy, guess I'll go pout now & keep my ponderings to mySELF, then. Lol :p

I'm still thinking about this, lol...:)

88silver
08-15-15, 08:53 AM
I think we'll be building an arena for horse shows. No clue what the prizes will be. Probably some deco with a horse/stable theme.

kxreyn01
08-15-15, 09:15 AM
I think we'll be building an arena for horse shows. No clue what the prizes will be. Probably some deco with a horse/stable theme.

It says I am maxxed out on stables, how do I get another one in "Hoarse Horses"

meme1098
08-15-15, 10:35 AM
It says I am maxxed out on stables, how do I get another one in "Hoarse Horses"

2 stables are the limit. Do you already have 2? If not, at a certain level you'll be allowed to buy another just don't recall the exact level.. .maybe check the buildings thread in the Hub for more info.

Hollie1922
08-15-15, 10:40 AM
I am maxed out on simple glues so I cannot make any more so what can I use my simple glue on to get the number down?

meme1098
08-15-15, 10:43 AM
I am maxed out on simple glues so I cannot make any more so what can I use my simple glue on to get the number down?

SW has some suggestions in post #78.

AnniePMH
08-15-15, 03:45 PM

-A horse trough?
-Dalmatian?
-Horse blankets?
-.....?

I agree that it sounds like we're building an arena, and we're training the horses as 'show horses'...What kind of show, I wonder? Circus-like, or some other type of show?:confused: It sounds community style to me, so what to collect? Treats for the horses? The prizes will be mostly pure deco, of course, statues, fences. The best prize would be a Rouncey/Destrier type of horse, but I don't think so...:rolleyes:

BungoCook
08-15-15, 04:56 PM
I agree that it sounds like we're building an arena, and we're training the horses as 'show horses'...What kind of show, I wonder? Circus-like, or some other type of show?:confused: It sounds community style to me, so what to collect? Treats for the horses? The prizes will be mostly pure deco, of course, statues, fences. The best prize would be a Rouncey/Destrier type of horse, but I don't think so...:rolleyes:

Hmmmm , nah, I think rather than circus horse tricks the world event will relate to the jousting arena. Not exactly battles to be fought but tilts to be run. A visit to the arena will be the bottle neck as it will drop the dreaded scarcest random drop that is required to enter the lists ( ie adventure). Apple collections I reckon with wheat for the horses.

roguebee
08-15-15, 07:52 PM

Make some super glue

tan5314
08-15-15, 09:58 PM
It sounds community style to me, so what to collect? Treats for the horses?

Lucky horseshoes?

AnniePMH
08-15-15, 11:38 PM
Lucky horseshoes?

Whips and spurs would be funny, but I don't think so, and there's always that PETA thing...;)

Disclaimer in advance: I'm only joking. I love horses, lol.

JLK37
08-16-15, 12:50 AM
I am trying to complete Cavalry Cantering but my workshop storage of fancy beams and blocks is locked because it is full. How do I delete some so I can craft more? Thanks for your help

DrP4ever
08-16-15, 02:13 AM
I am trying to complete Cavalry Cantering but my workshop storage of fancy beams and blocks is locked because it is full. How do I delete some so I can craft more? Thanks for your help

Build another building or two to use up the supplies. I built a conservatory and upgraded it, I think.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-16-15, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I dunno...but *either* kind of training would be as or MORE intensive as training horses for war so I don't quite get it, lol... What's easier about training show horses??
YES!! ...an energy horse ... And a jacka$$ I can name Ole Ollie, LMAO!

Hmmmm , nah, I think rather than circus horse tricks the world event will relate to the jousting arena. Not exactly battles to be fought but tilts to be run. A visit to the arena will be the bottle neck as it will drop the dreaded scarcest random drop that is required to enter the lists ( ie adventure). Apple collections I reckon with wheat for the horses.
Oh god, I hope we don't have to rely on ONE 12-hr timer building to get the stuff we need for the upgrades on whatever *other* arena/event building we gotta get to level upteen-whatever, lol!

Lucky horseshoes?
That's my guess, too, for collecting for the prizes...And maybe bits and bridles for upgrading the building?

Whips and spurs would be funny, but I don't think so, and there's always that PETA thing...;)

Disclaimer in advance: I'm only joking. I love horses, lol.
I have some whips and spurs in my closet (chaps, too)... Wanna borrow sometime? LOL!

AnniePMH
08-16-15, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I dunno...but *either* kind of training would be as or MORE intensive as training horses for war so I don't quite get it, lol... What's easier about training show horses??
YES!! ...an energy horse ... And a jacka$$ I can name Ole Ollie, LMAO!

I have some whips and spurs in my closet (chaps, too)... Wanna borrow sometime? LOL!

1)Yes, would be just as difficult, I would say:confused:

2)No need, Captain, I have some in my closet too, lol, horsegirl...:rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-16-15, 10:17 AM
1)Yes, would be just as difficult, I would say:confused:

2)No need, Captain, I have some in my closet too, lol, horsegirl...:rolleyes:
Who said I was a horsegirl? LMAO!!!!

AnniePMH
08-16-15, 10:23 AM
Who said I was a horsegirl? LMAO!!!!

I am a horsegirl..:rolleyes::D

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-16-15, 10:26 AM
I am a horsegirl..:rolleyes::D
...and I'm not. LOL
(We are sooooooo gonna get modded, lol)

So, why don't YOU tell us what all is involved for horse training, then?
Are we gonna win hurdles and feathery headpieces or what!?! Lol

AnniePMH
08-16-15, 10:29 AM
...and I'm not. LOL
(We are sooooooo gonna get modded, lol)

So, why don't YOU tell us what all is involved for horse training, then?
Are we gonna win hurdles and feathery headpieces or what!?! Lol

Ok, but it's dinnertime now, so after that!:)

Edit: Lol, ok. I know more about dressage than about show jumping, and not much about your western cowboy riding style...:rolleyes: I would need: A horse, obviously, bridle, saddle, longe line, whip (lol), spurs (lol), side reins, gloves, boots and a riding helmet...And small obstacles called cavaletti. I'm sure I've forgotten important stuff, but these things came to my mind. And lots of treats.:D

Edit: I don't use chaps, Captain, forgot to say that, so if we need them, they have to come from your closet...:rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-16-15, 01:12 PM
Ok, but it's dinnertime now, so after that!:)

Edit: Lol, ok. I know more about dressage than about show jumping, and not much about your western cowboy riding style...:rolleyes: I would need: A horse, obviously, bridle, saddle, longe line, whip (lol), spurs (lol), side reins, gloves, boots and a riding helmet...And small obstacles called cavaletti. I'm sure I've forgotten important stuff, but these things came to my mind. And lots of treats.:D

Edit: I don't use chaps, Captain, forgot to say that, so if we need them, they have to come from your closet...:rolleyes:
Lol, yeah, cavaletti! - that's the hurdles I was talking about lol.. We'll prolly get some of those.

Re. chaps: I actually have 2 pairs: black leather and red velveteen. Take your pick. LOL!

AnniePMH
08-16-15, 01:20 PM
Lol, yeah, cavaletti! - that's the hurdles I was talking about lol.. We'll prolly get some of those.

Re. chaps: I actually have 2 pairs: black leather and red velveteen. Take your pick. LOL!

The red ones will make you slide off the horse, saddle or not. Even a western saddle, I would imagine...:confused::p

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-16-15, 01:28 PM
The red ones will make you slide off the horse, saddle or not. Even a western saddle, I would imagine...:confused::p
LOL! Neither chaps are made for horse riding, lol.
One is made for motorcycle riding and the other one?... Welllllllllll.... I better shut up now. Lol

AnniePMH
08-16-15, 01:36 PM
LOL! Neither chaps are made for horse riding, lol.
One is made for motorcycle riding and the other one?... Welllllllllll.... I better shut up now. Lol

Motorcycle or horse, as long as they're made of leather, they should be ok. Better friction, see?:)

scotslassuk
08-16-15, 01:56 PM
Am I the only player with constipated animals?? Any other time they r dropping their fertiliser all over the place and now I am practically glued to my phone on a daily basis and I am barely collecting enough to make 1 mitt a day!! This is becoming very very tedious and I would use gems but for the fact you get the trade tickets for making each mitt and its alot off tickets to miss out on if we are feeling forced into using gems!! Surely you must know the drop has decreased and there must be something that can be done?? Can you not add fertiliser as a gift for a limited time or something?? I really don't want to use gems but this is taking things too far!! I swear I am on this phone that much it's going to go BANG!! Plz help!!

P.S I have now completed all goals but can't get the dang horse cause ave not finished mitts!!!!..........HOW can I FINISH when my drop rate is like 1/10??? Totally FED UP!!

8hat
08-16-15, 03:07 PM
yikes...that all; just yikes

ghjvcucjb
08-16-15, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty much maxed out on all building supplies and pretty much at the highest level for all my buildings. Can't make any of the requirements. Any suggestions?

SpiritWind00
08-16-15, 04:59 PM

Well, as I see it here are a couple of options:
1. Opt of out goal. Doesn't matter if you do it or not. It would be like the barons birthday event where we got a little something that turned out to be quite unrelated to the actual event.
2. Build something else. Check the Building Guide (in section 1 of the Hub). Lots of building need blocks, beams and s/glue.
3. Craft deco.
4. Make a cup of tea and relax (My personal favourite!) ;)

jaymieb2
08-17-15, 07:57 AM
I am at level 42, but obviously not far enough along to have a clue. What is a mitt?

meme1098
08-17-15, 08:07 AM
I am at level 42, but obviously not far enough along to have a clue. What is a mitt?

Check post #2 of the Sir Daisy thread for info about the goal.

It's a trade in the exchange using 25 fertilizer, 20 water, & 10 coal.
Just weird items to trade for a grooming mitt....lol

scotslassuk
08-17-15, 08:14 AM

A mitt is like a glove used for grooming these horses at lvl42 am sure you should be doing this goal?

cherishrules
08-17-15, 11:25 AM
How did you unlock the materials when the inventory is full? I need my fancy blocks and fancy beams but hey are all locked up.

ShibuyaCloth
08-17-15, 11:31 AM
How did you unlock the materials when the inventory is full? I need my fancy blocks and fancy beams but hey are all locked up.

I need tons of poo, so I build 2 extra conservatories lvl1, that free up the necessary space in my inventory.

Seriously700
08-18-15, 07:07 AM

-A horse trough?
-Dalmatian?
-Horse blankets?
-.....?

Great guesses! I too am thinking we might need to build some sort of horse stable then collect ridiculously rare parts to upgrade it. Hopefully it will drop useful items after the event is over.

I definitely would expect prizes to include fencing to corral our horses and even a bridle path - S8 is very fond of wall and path decorations! And yes, piles of hay for deco. Maybe another type of horse for the grand prize?

I don't expect carrots to figure prominently in this because they take too long to grow. S8 is going to want us checking in to our games constantly lol. I sure hope no corn is involved even though it grows fast. Maybe we would get special items from chopping trees - to clear land for the horse ranch? Horse ranches take up lots of space, after all.

I like the idea of horseshoes - I already have some in inventory from the St Patrick's Day event in 2014. They might be one of the items we need for upgrades, and perhaps we can craft them in the magic forge as well as collect them.

SpiritWind00
08-18-15, 05:11 PM
This mini event has now finished. Closing thread. Part 2 will continue soon! Sneak peek thread open if you want to continue discussions about what the event might look like. Cheers all!