PDA

View Full Version : App Store Update - 08-12-15

Hawksmoor
08-12-15, 05:07 PM
We get SPIN TO WIN and something new, Storybook Adventures. I just installed the update, nothing's shown up yet. I was hoping this update may include new expansions and/or a habitat increase but no such luck :-(

cocauina
08-12-15, 06:26 PM
If changes are made, it's only on Friday's and Tuesday's, those are the update days.

Spin to Win and Storybook Adventures seem to be features exactly the same has the Spin to Win and Dragon Tales from Dragon Story.

Hawksmoor
08-12-15, 06:33 PM
If changes are made, it's only on Friday's and Tuesday's, those are the update days.

Spin to Win and Storybook Adventures seem to be features exactly the same has the Spin to Win and Dragon Tales from Dragon Story.

I don't play Dragon Story anymore, what are Dragon Tales?

ninasidstorm8
08-12-15, 06:44 PM
I don't play Dragon Story anymore, what are Dragon Tales?

Here is a short description of the Dragon Tales from a Dragon Story thread for the current event.

How it works:
The event begins at reset (10:30 am Pacific time).
Each day ends and the next day starts at midnight Pacific time.
Each day ends at a fixed time relative to when you started the event. Say you start on a Tuesday, day 2 starts Wednesday at midnight Pacific time, day 3 starts Thursday at midnight Pacific time, etc. If you skip ahead on day 1 to play the tasks for day 2, you will still have to wait until Thursday at midnight Pacific time to start the tasks for day 3 unless you spend more gold to skip ahead.
Each day has a series of tasks. At the end of day one, you will receive a dragon. This dragon will need to be leveled up during the event and will need to go on special quests as prompted. You may need to make this dragon epic, so plan your food accordingly as it may take 100,000 food.
The tasks get increasingly difficult and more time consuming each day. The first 3 days are pretty easy and could all be completed in one day if needed.
You do not need to complete each day within that day. If you fall behind a day you will not have to wait until midnight for the next step, it will start right away.
The prize for the first day is a dragon. Even if you don't want to try to complete the event, you can play day 1 to get this dragon.
There are prizes for completing the tasks for each day of the event. Day 1 you get the dragon mentioned above. On days 2-7 the prizes may be coins & experience points, special event related d?cor, food, or maps. If you complete the event, you will receive a second dragon.
If the event ends before you have completed every task, you will not get the final prize.
Each task may be skipped by using gold. Sometimes parts of tasks may be skipped by using gold such as any task that needs to be done more than once.
Tasks may differ for players below level 31 as these players can't battle yet.
These events are iOS only.

Every few weeks, a Dragon Tale event starts. One is going on right now and is at the midway point. The prizes and the tasks vary each time a new tale starts. I hope this answers your question.

Hawksmoor
08-12-15, 06:50 PM
Here is a short description of the Dragon Tales from a Dragon Story thread for the current event.

How it works:
The event begins at reset (10:30 am Pacific time).
Each day ends and the next day starts at midnight Pacific time.
Each day ends at a fixed time relative to when you started the event. Say you start on a Tuesday, day 2 starts Wednesday at midnight Pacific time, day 3 starts Thursday at midnight Pacific time, etc. If you skip ahead on day 1 to play the tasks for day 2, you will still have to wait until Thursday at midnight Pacific time to start the tasks for day 3 unless you spend more gold to skip ahead.
Each day has a series of tasks. At the end of day one, you will receive a dragon. This dragon will need to be leveled up during the event and will need to go on special quests as prompted. You may need to make this dragon epic, so plan your food accordingly as it may take 100,000 food.
The tasks get increasingly difficult and more time consuming each day. The first 3 days are pretty easy and could all be completed in one day if needed.
You do not need to complete each day within that day. If you fall behind a day you will not have to wait until midnight for the next step, it will start right away.
The prize for the first day is a dragon. Even if you don't want to try to complete the event, you can play day 1 to get this dragon.
There are prizes for completing the tasks for each day of the event. Day 1 you get the dragon mentioned above. On days 2-7 the prizes may be coins & experience points, special event related d?cor, food, or maps. If you complete the event, you will receive a second dragon.
If the event ends before you have completed every task, you will not get the final prize.
Each task may be skipped by using gold. Sometimes parts of tasks may be skipped by using gold such as any task that needs to be done more than once.
Tasks may differ for players below level 31 as these players can't battle yet.
These events are iOS only.

Every few weeks, a Dragon Tale event starts. One is going on right now and is at the midway point. The prizes and the tasks vary each time a new tale starts. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks very much, I appreciate your reply. Sounds like a lot of work but fun :-)

ninasidstorm8
08-12-15, 07:01 PM
Thanks very much, I appreciate your reply. Sounds like a lot of work but fun :-)

Your welcome. Since FFS doesn't have a Quest or Crafting feature, it limits the types of tasks they can give us to do. Of course they could add those features or new ones as well. Hopefully, we will find out soon.

cocauina
08-12-15, 07:03 PM
Horrible update

Game crashes every time I minimize the app and try to re-open without force closing and the bar that shows the timer for the The Arena, is missing.

Hawksmoor
08-12-15, 07:08 PM
Horrible update

Game crashes every time I minimize the app and try to re-open without force closing and the bar that shows the timer for the The Arena, is missing.

My arena timer is missing as well. Luckily, no crashes for me so far.

Ratisorn
08-12-15, 07:10 PM
Good news!

cocauina
08-12-15, 07:14 PM

I'm having this crashes every time I unlock my phone just because I leave my phone alone.. And this is not the first game where this happens, in Restaurant Story 2 is constantly and I already warned TL months ago and in Diamond Quest happened temporarily, TL take care right a way.

About Restaurant Story, they said that I must update the software of my phonebut know I ask: who is the owner of the phone, TL or me? Me, I was the one that created a game that only requires the minimum OS 5.1.1? No, it was TL, it's their problem and they must solve it and honestly, they will say the exact same thing about this game, TL is too lazy to solve the problems but has the balls to tell us what we should do with our phone.

SummerNightSky
08-12-15, 07:19 PM
Horrible update

I'm not having problems with crashing, but my arena timer is missing and I've also noticed that animations freeze after attacking during a battle. I've restarted my device a couple times, deleted and reinstalled the game, it didn't fix it.

cocauina
08-12-15, 07:24 PM
I'm not having problems with crashing, but my arena timer is missing and I've also noticed that animations freeze after attacking during a battle. I've restarted my device a couple times, deleted and reinstalled the game, it didn't fix it.

Should not updated the game, I refuse to update the software of my phone so the game just stops crashing.
I notice that also, this update is the worst update they have ever made.

Buttercup0001
08-12-15, 08:45 PM

I have just updated my game and I no longer have an arena timer and my animations freeze up during battles as well.

LonePudding
08-12-15, 09:15 PM
I'm so happy about the storybook adventures!! My little iPhone couldn't handle my dragon story game anymore, and that's when they just introduced dragon tales, I was so upset! Super happy to see the spin to win on here too! Can't wait! I hope they bring back some Xmas animals, and maybe Matripony too!

...I think I'm getting a little too excited over here.:o

I haven't updated yet, with big updates always come the little bugs.

Sandybellee
08-13-15, 12:57 AM
I'm really excited about this too! As long as the update works. Haven't updated yet. And I really hope Storybook Adventures won't require us to breed specific rare animals.

SpiritWind00
08-13-15, 02:18 AM
I'll report the arena timer to the team.

sweetdeda
08-13-15, 03:20 AM
No arena timer is really driving me batty. I am looking forward to new challenges, remind me of that if I start complaining, when there is too much going on. Lol.

sweetdeda
08-13-15, 03:24 AM
Also with the update, there are fireworks as if I'm ready for a battle in the battleground, yet I've finished all the battlegrounds.

Sandybellee
08-13-15, 03:35 AM
Also with the update, there are fireworks as if I'm ready for a battle in the battleground, yet I've finished all the battlegrounds.

That must be in preparation for the story events. We have to win battles for those I'm sure.

One good way to keep track of time would be to plant 1 hour crops right after battling until they fix the problem.

Edit: okay, I updated too. Everything seems to be working so far. I know I have about 25 minutes till my next battle because of the charm cherries I've been planting after each battle.

cocauina
08-13-15, 04:46 AM
I'll report the arena timer to the team.

And the crashes, don't report only the timer, report everything that has been reported here.

I've included a copy of all of the posts with issues to the team in my report plus a link to this thread. That timer was just the most obvious of the issues. Thanks, SW :)

ogreve
08-13-15, 07:15 AM
Hmm,
I just installed the update before having read this post. The only change I see is that the arena no longer shows the timer. Very annoying.
Where's the wheel of fortune? Does anyone know how to access that?
Same for the "tales" part, will that perhaps become visible with Friday's update or should there already at least be some icon or so anywhere?!

Sandybellee
08-13-15, 07:24 AM
Hmm,
I just installed the update before having read this post. The only change I see is that the arena no longer shows the timer. Very annoying.
Where's the wheel of fortune? Does anyone know how to access that?
Same for the "tales" part, will that perhaps become visible with Friday's update or should there already at least be some icon or so anywhere?!

I think it will work the same way as in DS. When there's a spinning wheel or an active tale, you will get a pop up when you open the app and you will also see the icons on the right like the icons for the world event and the tournament.

Sakrysta
08-13-15, 07:53 AM
I haven't yet installed the App Store update, but my arena timer is also gone, and I'm seeing fireworks over the Battlegrounds.

ETA: I thought I hadn't, but when I looked again, I had. I didn't mean to! I was going to wait until the end of the Egyptian event.

Grannaville
08-13-15, 08:21 AM
Just updated and game crashes every time I try to open it. ��

lorettasapron
08-13-15, 08:28 AM
The updated version of the game includes details of 'Storybook Adventures' and 'Spin to Win' within the Settings section:

Storybook Adventures
Storybook Adventures are limited-time events where players can complete tasks to earn rare prizes! When a Storybook Adventures event is active, the Storybook building will appear on your island. Tap on the Storybook Adventures building and then hit Start to activate your timed event. If you do not activate your Storybook Adventures event in time, don't worry - it will be auto-activated for you. Once activated, your timer will begin. Complete all Chapters of the Storybook Adventures event before the timer runs out to earn the Grand Prize!

Spin to Win
At Level 10, you may see a limited-time prize wheel called Spin to Win! Spin the wheel once a day to receive a prize! You can win great prizes like NEW and EXCLUSIVE Animals, Decorations, Coins, Food, Realm Runes, and even Gems!

chippychan
08-13-15, 09:12 AM
I'm looking forward to these new additions!

Now we need an increase in allowable habitats and maybe even a level-cap increase and I'll be *really* excited. :)

ogreve
08-13-15, 09:15 AM
The new features sound interesting but the game's arena now performs terribly. Indeed is not only the timer gone, but also the animations stop after each strike. I'm playing it on an iPhone 6 64GB so the platform is definitely powerful enough and it shouldn't be a normal performance issue..:(

MaribouMay
08-13-15, 09:57 AM
That must be in preparation for the story events. We have to win battles for those I'm sure.

One good way to keep track of time would be to plant 1 hour crops right after battling until they fix the problem.

Edit: okay, I updated too. Everything seems to be working so far. I know I have about 25 minutes till my next battle because of the charm cherries I've been planting after each battle.

I am planting Charm Cherries too to use as a timer. It is a good work around, but not a solution. Hopefully, they will fix this soon.

LonePudding
08-13-15, 10:30 AM
I'm looking forward to these new additions!

Now we need an increase in allowable habitats and maybe even a level-cap increase and I'll be *really* excited. :)

Ooh yes a level-cap increase! I wonder what level I'd jump up to?! Probably back to the top again! XD

Kwackers
08-13-15, 10:51 AM
Just updated and game crashes every time I try to open it. ��

Same here. Game opens, then sticks on the gift back/return visit page before closing. Annoying during a timed Tournament and trying to finish World Event.

kooky panda
08-13-15, 10:54 AM
For the crashing, try restarting your device. If still issues, try deleting and redownloading the game.

31aug2002
08-13-15, 12:32 PM
Want to update but after reading the thread I think I will wait till I have done my arena tournament . I am lvl 24 and hope to finish it tomorrow with any luck.

amerirish
08-13-15, 01:07 PM
I have updated my ios, the game's been updated, and I restarted my phone. So far the only changes I have are the missing timer and the battleground fireworks. No wheel, no tales :(

calvinxx
08-13-15, 01:08 PM
I have updated my ios, the game's been updated, and I restarted my phone. So far the only changes I have are the missing timer and the battleground fireworks. No wheel, no tales :(

The wheel and tales will be events just like tournaments. They will occur on update days Friday and Tuesday at 2:30

LonePudding
08-13-15, 03:24 PM
Im not sure anything will happen tomorrow, the tournament will still be on, and we will have the Rubble Rooster too.

calvinxx
08-13-15, 03:39 PM
I'm wondering if the Rubble Rooster will have to do with a story

ninasidstorm8
08-13-15, 04:10 PM
Im not sure anything will happen tomorrow, the tournament will still be on, and we will have the Rubble Rooster too.

I think you are probably correct. If they activate anything new tomorrow, I think it would probably be something simple like the spin to win. Not a good idea to activate major changes that might have issues just before a weekend when most of the staff are away.

cocauina
08-13-15, 05:06 PM
For the crashing, try restarting your device. If still issues, try deleting and redownloading the game.

It does not work. I have tested a bunch of times, but no one cares, along with TL that I already reported. The same happens with Restaurant Story 2 and TL does not care.

matiasabad94
08-13-15, 05:07 PM
I've noticed that the way food/coins pop out of habitats/farms has changed. Is it just me? Looks better than before though! Also, I haven't had any problems with the update.

Hawksmoor
08-13-15, 05:48 PM
I've noticed that the way food/coins pop out of habitats/farms has changed. Is it just me? Looks better than before though! Also, I haven't had any problems with the update.

I noticed that too. It's a subtle change, but noticeable.

ogreve
08-14-15, 01:21 AM
On a good note: the Pyro Pony is now again called Pyro Pony and not Pyro Horse anymore :)

31aug2002
08-14-15, 07:08 AM
Whaaaat? I got a pop up for a new game Animal stor: Beach Party Adventure. Installed it . But it is nothing more than my old Fantasy Story with a beach bag round . Also my tournament timer is gone. And many of my habitats are empty.
Is it a glitch or new game or what
Only good thing .. I got 30 gems for installing it

cocauina
08-14-15, 07:19 AM
Whaaaat? I got a pop up for a new game Animal stor: Beach Party Adventure. Installed it . But it is nothing more than my old Fantasy Story with a beach bag round . Also my tournament timer is gone. And many of my habitats are empty.
Is it a glitch or new game or what
Only good thing .. I got 30 gems for installing it

This game is a limited version. Dragon Story has the same for Valentine, Halloween, Winter, Summer and Spring versions.

TL creates this versions for a limited time so we can have a different "design". On Dragon Story, the Halloween version, the island becomes decorated with halloween things and colors, on Valentine version, it becomes more pink, that's the only difference between this versions.

The game is still downloading the animations, be patience.

And the time bar from the tournament being gone, in the new update for Fantasy Forest Story, the same thing is missing, it's not only in the Animal Story: Beach Adventure game.

Listal
08-14-15, 09:39 AM
Have there been any animal tales or animal wheels since the update came out? My phone has some problems but that all sorted out now and I just got the update. in both versions of this game my tournament timer is MIA

rjazz
08-14-15, 12:07 PM
Whats the difference between Storybook Adventures & Beach Party? are they 2 different games?

Hawksmoor
08-14-15, 04:43 PM
Whats the difference between Storybook Adventures & Beach Party? are they 2 different games?

I believe Storybook Adventures will be incorporated into the game, someone explained it earlier in the thread. Animal Story Beach Party Adventure is a "new" app, but really it's just FFS presented differently. No content has been released for it yet from what I can tell, probably not until the next update on Tuesday.

S8/TL has done this with their games before, and offered limited time "theme" apps for current games, for example Dragon Story Halloween and Castle Story Valentines. Those games offered limited time quests, animals etc related to the theme. If history repeats, Animal Story Beach Party will be around for a few months and then retired. However, if you do play Beach Party, once you go back to the original FFS, everything you've gained in Beach Party should be transferred over (I believe). I'm looking forward to it, and hope it'll have some fun stuff!

LonePudding
08-15-15, 03:19 AM
This new update is unbelievably unstable, I wish S8 waited until they had plans for it before releasing it.

sweetdeda
08-15-15, 03:46 AM
This new update is unbelievably unstable, I wish S8 waited until they had plans for it before releasing it.

It is very bad! I'm still extremely bummed about the tournament timer disappearing!

ninasidstorm8
08-17-15, 08:23 AM
The new update crashes so often on my iPad mini that I no longer use it to play the game. As my Forest grew, the crashes became more frequent and the performance worse. No problem with other S8 games that I have been playing even longer than FFS. Even loading the App from a straight power-up results in numerous crashes. It appears that some of the code in the game need certain things to happen in a short amount of time and when it doesn't... a crash. I have an iPad Air that I purchased recently and transferred my FFS playing to that device instead and FFS runs beautifully.

So my personal opinion is that FFS is a resource hog and as your forest requires more resources, you will experience continuous problems on older devices that may be resource constrained. I am afraid as you advance in the game, the situation will get worse. I don't think the problem is directly related to the new update, just that the update requires even more resources, which exasperated the problem.

R081Nchan
08-17-15, 09:43 AM
The new update is suck always crush every time I open it, so can I downgrade my FFS?

calvinxx
08-17-15, 10:55 PM
I think it would be cool if one of these new Storybook Adventures ended in a new Treasure creature :) We haven't had one since the Money Badger which was quite some time ago.