PDA

View Full Version : Champions: Are some better and what about Tricolours?

Simdiva
08-10-15, 09:36 PM
I have been playing since about March and have acquired five champions now plus a number of awesome tricolours which seem to do the job often better than a champion. For example, if I see Lollipop or Divine can do the job I will usually opt to try them before any champ. I'm wondering if others feel the same or if this is just me. Also, I am wondering if any champs are supposedly more effective than others with the exceptions of rainbow sentinel and Amazon which as far as I am awRe are more powerful. If I am wrong please correct me. In my experience I have had the best luck with Highland but that could just be luck. I have not yet finished levelling my last 2 so they have not yet seen the arena. I am itching to bring out the new dragons from the latest dragon tales and thankfully food is no longer such an issue although like others iwould love to see another food option. At least I no longer feel the need to buy food and can grow it quickly enough to level dragons I want to at least to level ten. Level fifteen is a whole new ball game and not going there for a bit as I want to get a few more to ten first. Anyhow, these are just my thoughts I hope I'm not way out there!

Kennedward
08-11-15, 08:00 AM
I always use Champions to fight tournaments, that is, until recently when I got some LV15 dragons, then I use them.

But as many others have noted, what works for others may not work for you, so everyone's a little different in what you consider the strongest in battling

Simdiva
08-12-15, 09:42 AM
I decided to start levelling up one of my champions because I I am coming across so many ice age opponents and find they are extremely difficult to beat with the group I have. I randomly picked Gilded Knight even though I normally fight with Highland but he was in the hospital after losing to another ice age and I noticed something unusual. The cost to go to level 11 on two of my champs is was only 6000 per feeding or 24000 total but for Highland it was 10000 or fifty thousand. Perhaps this is why I have always felt he was a better winner and maybe it's not just superstition. I gave not yet checked food costs on Rose Knight or Chariot as I have suspended feeding them till after the tales, unless I can keep up the pace of remembering to do ten minute food growth but that's a lot of clicking!

BiteMe111
08-12-15, 10:49 AM
For me, super rare or *not available through breeding* tricolors usually work better than champions. My strongest tricolors are Cleopatra, Carousel, Lollipop, Divine, Tricorn, Marshmallow and Bluebell. Gold hybrids most of the time work best, but sometimes (especially against champions) those tricolors are pretty awesome (for me at least). Champions? Meh. Every now and then I win with Inquisitor or Warrior Princess but more often than not they lose. I do not have Rainbow Sentinel, maybe my opinion would be different if I did.

MaribouMay
08-12-15, 11:17 AM
I find some dragons are stronger than champs against some dragons. It is not just tri-colors. Depending on the opponent, I have good luck with diamond types, Passion, Soccer types, gemstones, and some SR 2-color dragons (non-breedable, limited, and breedable).

Ironically, I don't have much success with Rainbow Sentinel. I usually skip it in favor of something else even if it has lower odds.

Kennedward
08-12-15, 11:21 AM
As I've said, everyone's different in battle results, I've seen many people win without using Diamonds or Champions

I've also seen a player lose with Champions and even the new Prime dragons, that Dragon Story claims to be the strongest type

amerirish
08-12-15, 11:45 AM
I don't have any proof or examples, but my Angelfire rocks in most of my battles.

Kennedward
08-12-15, 11:47 AM
Well I've won 3 tournaments using only Amazon as well, but it doesn't mean another player with Amazon can do the same :cool:

Simdiva
08-12-15, 12:52 PM
All very interesting and same results that I have, I ususually go more by color and use champs only when they are the obvious choice. I have had good luck with Highland, but just as good or better with lollipop divine and a few others that done if you have pointed out. I just got bluebell on the wheel so looking forward to levelling it up. Interestingly, I have aquamarine and even the same colors I have not found it to be that great in the ring for some reason. Then again, I just got it to level ten so perhaps that's not a fair assesment. I seem to have my wheel of favourites that I go to over and over, even tho I level up new dragons. Recently levelled up dark Crystal and again have been dissapointed with the results and wish I had put the food into black pearl first lol but he's done now too so it's all good. I still have a couple gemstones left to get, quartz, ruby and the two tri colours, I have been slow to level them just too many dragons and until very recently I could not afford the high cost of food and would take chePfiod days to jeep my coin at an acceptable level.but now I am constantly on the rise so I can even do ten minute crops although the pain!!!!!!!

BiteMe111
08-12-15, 01:34 PM
It seems to me more and more that these dragons are like any product you buy: you can get a good one or you can get a lemon.

Kennedward
08-12-15, 04:29 PM
It seems to me more and more that these dragons are like any product you buy: you can get a good one or you can get a lemon.

Well... battles are more or less based on luck, as many players have stated before, they can still lose to a LV1 opponent when using a LV10 dragon, so basically anything's possible lol

Simdiva
08-12-15, 07:01 PM
Well... battles are more or less based on luck, as many players have stated before, they can still lose to a LV1 opponent when using a LV10 dragon, so basically anything's possible lol

You bet, I rarely use champs against level ones and the one time I did against Luck last weekend he got trounced lol. I almost never have trouble at the star but it may be because I stick to colours. I also never worry to much about losing to the lower levels, I figure it's payback for my baby coral that usually finishes off the bosses for me and is the only reason it gets to stay.

Kennedward
08-12-15, 07:31 PM
Yea, and when we're facing a LV20 Diamond or Champion opponent, our winning rate is only 10% max, but it's still possible for us to win

JMThrive
08-12-15, 09:47 PM
Champions are solid dragons to have, but in checking the battle calculator I noticed some dragons that always show up with 5% or 10% greater chance for critical hit when facing some of the tougher dragons, those are Chess, Neon, Mech, Divine, Lollipop. There are more but those are the ones I am focusing on breeding now. I have Lollipop and just bred a Chess. Next is Divine and then Mech. There are probably others, but I will go after them later.

Kennedward
08-13-15, 06:20 AM
I just got a Prime dragon so I'll be testing it soon after I get it to LV10, so look forward to that :cool:

Simdiva
08-13-15, 12:13 PM
I was really wondering about the differing food costs and why I felt Highland was so much more effective than the others I have. I think I just stumbled on the reason and that may well be it. chariot and Rose Knight use the same pattern as Highland so likely are just as effective while the princess uses the same food pattern as Gilded Knight. however what I never noticed till just now is that a Gilded Knight is only a Rare Champ like Ninja and Warrior Princess is a Super Rare. I know when I face off with Ninja he is difficult to beat but I suspect I just fed the wrong dragon to level twelve and it was completely by accident. I have never felt I wasted fifty thousand plus food. Before but feeling a bit like that now especially since there is a tales event going on and I need to keep enough on hand to feed the portal and I also want to level up Flametail quickly who is so lovely and finish chariot now that I realize it's likely as good as my favourite green dragon lol. So many dragons, not enough food....I sure hope team lava helps us out soon and not with a sale on. Food.