PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with?

bozotc19
08-10-15, 12:41 PM
Have read the mining recommendations her which are well done and helpful. The person says to expect 2.3 pieces per mine attempt. The problem is....the mine is messed up with bad info given after a tap. Often is says far away when it is next door, why is that? Why doesn't the feedback report accurately whether you are close or not. Anybody else have this problem.

jim23cash
08-10-15, 02:48 PM
Because it only gives you info on one piece at a time, and pieces move. After you find your first piece, basically you have to start looking everywhere again. All previous info is probably wrong now, so you just have to ignore old info, and start looking again. That's my take on it, anyway. :D

Kennedward
08-10-15, 04:13 PM
I feel the same way, I always go the wrong direction so most of the time I end up with 1 piece per bomb

Mythdefied
08-10-15, 05:06 PM
I consider myself lucky if I can get a steady 2:1 ratio going. Most times it's around 1.5:1. I've found the mining guide useless and I've had to develop my own methods. I have noticed a couple patterns, but they don't always work. (If you find one piece look in the same area for more.)

Kennedward
08-10-15, 05:10 PM
Agreed. As I've said, I always go the wrong direction in a possible 4 different directions, plus sometimes I get VERY CLOSE right at the last 2, 3 tries, and I still go the wrong way. lol even I find it funny sometimes

roguebee
08-10-15, 06:40 PM
I found the guide quite helpful. I average a solid 2+ when I enter the mine. As jim23cash said, each time you find a part, a new part is placed on the board and you have to start the search over again.

Kennedward
08-11-15, 07:42 AM
You're very lucky, I usually end up with 1 or 2

Mythdefied
08-12-15, 11:29 AM
I found the guide quite helpful. I average a solid 2+ when I enter the mine. As jim23cash said, each time you find a part, a new part is placed on the board and you have to start the search over again.

I'm thinking the guide is geared towards iOS screens. Using 3 different Android devices over a couple years, I've found it to be very inaccurate. The sizing is wrong and the numbers don't match up. I've just had to find other methods.

roguebee
08-12-15, 11:35 AM
I'm thinking the guide is geared towards iOS screens. Using 3 different Android devices over a couple years, I've found it to be very inaccurate. The sizing is wrong and the numbers don't match up. I've just had to find other methods.

It's slightly different for each iOS screen. I added to the mining guide thread a pair of screen shots from an iPad and an iPhone showing how the screens differ between the two. Basically you need to go into the mine, waste a stick of dynamite to identify your corners, and make the appropriate adjustments.

Simdiva
08-12-15, 07:18 PM
It's slightly different for each iOS screen. I added to the mining guide thread a pair of screen shots from an iPad and an iPhone showing how the screens differ between the two. Basically you need to go into the mine, waste a stick of dynamite to identify your corners, and make the appropriate adjustments.

I find I have to use nine areas; the four quadrants and if I don't find anything I attack up the middle. Very often, I will find two and sometimes three pieces with the most I have ever found being four. I find there is one usually right next door and if not possibly directly across the board. I have been very lucky with mining and got two malachite last month and on track for a second Ivory, even though I have no use for the trade. I guess you never know when another item will come that will use the giant gems. It would be nice if we could break down some like yellow and blue for other purposes! I actually do a bit better in the land mine and not sure but have unlocked a lot of the mining land already. It left me quite poor for a bit to the point I had less than 200k coins once. Luckily I got them back fast!

Kennedward
08-13-15, 06:20 AM
I don't find the screen difference to be a matter for me, as despite iPhone 6, 5, 4, or even on my iPad or iPad 2, I still end up with 1 or 2 pieces per bomb