PDA

View Full Version : Need-More-Habitats-CURRENT-MAX 220-(Part III)

Pages : [1] 2 3

kooky panda
08-10-15, 10:30 AM
Well looks like the previous thread has now reached 100 pages. Starting up a new thread for constructive feedback on needing more habitats!

Prior thread: Part II (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68995-Need-More-Habitats-CURRENT-LIMIT-140-(PART-II)-**UPDATED**/page127)

Level 175 = 171 Habitats.

Edit-KP 6-1-16

Habitat increase!

Elsa;1303193']You get more as you level up. The max at level 200 is 200 habitats.

Kennedward
08-10-15, 10:32 AM
127 pages to be exact lol :D

freshfunin2008
08-10-15, 10:44 AM
Just do it already and we would not need more than 1 page. Thanks.

Kennedward
08-10-15, 10:45 AM
1 more thread to be exact lol so tired of seeing so many complains but still nothing

PepperWoo
08-10-15, 10:53 AM
This is probably the longest shot to the neighboring galaxy and back, bordering on laughable, but if we could only utilize our bazillion coins for the 3rd habitat upgrade instead (you could even make it cost 5 million and above, bring it on) and make the gold price tag on a new 4th level then maybe people wouldn't be begging back and forth for an expansion/habitat limit cycle.

But then again, they seem to love complaints so why bother creating a long-term solution right?

ETA: Obviously I didn't really think that through so it may or may not work at all lol but just saying, the players shouldn't even be begging for space to display their dragons.

Kennedward
08-10-15, 11:02 AM
Agreed, it's a simple logic really. When you have 550 or so dragons in the game, it's only logical to have enough space for all of them

jim23cash
08-10-15, 03:02 PM
How about lowering the price of upgrading the old habitats. Then we don't need more room. I believe last year on Black Friday they were down to 50 gold or so.

Speak for yourself! I've already upgraded all my habitats possible, and I still need more space. I just filled up the 40 new spaces in the Stables, but I still have unhatched eggs in storage, and until there is some change, I don't want to hatch them all and end up back in the same situation where I can't play because my habitats, nests, stables and storage are all full again. I know of several other players that are in the same situation. I have almost all of the Dragons released, and as they're still releasing more daily, they will need to keep increasing habitats and space to place them. It's only logical; the more Dragons released,the more habitats and room for them needed. :D Annie
PS: We have been told that there will be more land coming soon. I hope there will be a habitat increase to go along with the land! I dream of having all my Dragons out of stables and storage someday!

Kennedward
08-10-15, 04:16 PM
And we're still waiting.... lol

debhutchinson
08-13-15, 10:47 AM
SexySasquatch, I have upgraded all the habitats for which there is a 4-dragon version. Believe me that is not enough. And I see that I am in about the same position as Annie (jim23cash). I have 43 dragons in my Stable. I also share Annie's dream of one day having all of my dragons out of the Stable and all of my eggs out of Storage.

Kennedward
08-13-15, 10:57 AM
SexySasquatch, I have upgraded all the habitats for which there is a 4-dragon version. Believe me that is not enough. And I see that I am in about the same position as Annie (jim23cash). I have 43 dragons in my Stable. I also share Annie's dream of one day having all of my dragons out of the Stable and all of my eggs out of Storage.

I also have a lot of dragons in storage

freshfunin2008
08-13-15, 02:12 PM
I am still having to sell / trade dragons to make room for new ones. What is the hold up???????????????? We have not had an increase since 12/1/14. Please do the needful!!!

awsumum
08-13-15, 03:03 PM
I also have a lot of dragons in storage

Me too! Need land to put all the dragons (storage and stables) I have accumulated. I hate that I can't display them all

Kennedward
08-13-15, 05:12 PM
I am still having to sell / trade dragons to make room for new ones. What is the hold up???????????????? We have not had an increase since 12/1/14. Please do the needful!!!

I wonder as well....

L60Dragons
08-14-15, 07:25 AM
Well looks like the previous thread has now reached 100 pages. Starting up a new thread for constructive feedback on needing more habitats!

Prior thread: Part II (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68995-Need-More-Habitats-CURRENT-LIMIT-140-(PART-II)-**UPDATED**/page127)
I'm very sad. TL is providing more & more dragons every week and the only solution to the lack of space is a Stable! A Stable were our hard earned dragons can be stored & not viewed? How about offering less dragons and more habitats. I sold all the 3 dragon habitats I purchased for gold. The only 3 dragon habitats I have hold dragons that have to be on a 3 dragon habitat like Stone. I Spent a FORTUNE on on 4 dragon habitats and I've left numerous dragons in storage. I currently have showing 488 unique dragons. I even traded unique dragons to make room. If you can't expand at least make the habitats hold more dragons. This can't continue. TL want us to spend gold to make our dragons a level 15 or get "Prime" dragons. I still don't see what is so special about a "Prime" dragon. Maybe you could explain it. More & more dragons & no place to put them! I'm not going to spend a penny more until my dragons have a place to live and not hiding in a Stable or Barn.

DS used to be one of the hottest games on the market. Investors jumped to buy stocks. TL has really forgotten their money maker. The game must be fun and people can't feel like they have been ripped off or the game will die. It's going down hill & people will loose their jobs if they don't figure out how to make it fun. New players and long time players can't believe the cost of the game. I honestly can't recommend my once favorite game to people. I loved this game. It was fun & made me happy & excited. Now I'm sad.

freshfunin2008
08-14-15, 08:15 AM
I fully agree with you and just have to say TL / S8 don't care about there players. What is even sadder is once they make a change, they make such a small move that we have to sit here and beg for another 9 months before they do anything about it. They know it is a problem and they choose to do nothing about it.

debhutchinson
08-14-15, 10:56 AM
I agree with everyone but TL has posted on this thread (well the previous strand of this thread) that more land is coming sometime this month. So I'm still waiting patiently in good faith that we will soon have more land and hopefully the habitat maximum will be increased at the same time.

I hope some 4-dragon habitats will go on sale at that time and that Stone 4-dragon habitats wil be released too. :)

freshfunin2008
08-14-15, 11:28 AM
I just want to know where does stormie put 500 plus dragons and decor on his / her isle. I don't want to hear about a 100 dragon stable blah blah blah. thanks

awsumum
08-14-15, 03:35 PM
I just want to know where does stormie put 500 plus dragons and decor on his / her isle. I don't want to hear about a 100 dragon stable blah blah blah. thanks

Stormie doesn't have all the dragons! Only a certain few are displayed on Stormie's island NOT all of the dragons released. Last time I checked there was still foliage to be cleared on the lower islands. Haven't been there for a bit tho, so it could have changed

chloesisland
08-17-15, 06:51 PM
As a long term player of Dragon Story, I have observed certain threads get longer and longer. I take my hat off to the determined players who continually pursue TL for answers to the most basic questions. Thank you - I sincerely hope that TL are listening to your concerns. I would certainly also benefit from your good work.

Kennedward
08-17-15, 07:05 PM
I agree with everyone but TL has posted on this thread (well the previous strand of this thread) that more land is coming sometime this month. So I'm still waiting patiently in good faith that we will soon have more land and hopefully the habitat maximum will be increased at the same time.

I hope some 4-dragon habitats will go on sale at that time and that Stone 4-dragon habitats wil be released too. :)

I think Elsa said it's coming soon but it wasn't this month

Clark_Wayne
08-17-15, 08:23 PM

she said during summer and summer ends in 1 month about ;)
we are probably not having more land before september ! :(

cocauina
08-17-15, 08:27 PM

Elsa;1150499']Very soon. Not tomorrow soon, but in the nearish (during summer, give or take time depending on the presence or lack there of unforseeable blocky things) future.

Here, probably in the end of the summer, since TL doesn't like to give us land when needed.

meoconlunar
08-17-15, 09:34 PM
3/5 Prime Dragons ;)
but.... My Stable is so full (39/40)
:(:( I dont have 1000 gold to upgrade Stable and I dont want to upgrade it again

Kennedward
08-18-15, 06:50 AM
she said during summer and summer ends in 1 month about ;)
we are probably not having more land before september ! :(

Ok, hopefully there will be some land soon

Kennedward
08-18-15, 06:51 AM
Here, probably in the end of the summer, since TL doesn't like to give us land when needed.

I'm guessing more like by the end of this year lol

jim23cash
08-20-15, 02:39 AM
NOTE:See edit at bottom of post!

Looks like a habitat increase to 146!!!
Currently, two new spots to develop, and coming soon, a new island! (update with new island, others here now!)
Spaces are: On top island to right of arena, no maps, 1 Bitterbark at $800,000 to clear. Space just below and right of mine: requires maps and money, can't remember amounts, and 24 hours to clear! Woo Hoo!
This should hold us until the update brings the new expansion island! Woo Hoo again!
Thanks for keeping us updated Elsa! We appreciate you!
:D Annie
EDIT!!!! Do upgrade before starting to clear, space requires maps, will revert if already cleared!

jim23cash
08-20-15, 02:46 AM
Warning! Don't try to remove tree before updating! I paid 24 gold to speed thru the 24 hours, and then the new update overwrote it, and the spot requires maps now!! But the new expansion is really, really huge!
Woo Hoo!

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 05:08 AM
That is good news. Presently I can not see that new space but hopefully I will when my game updates today in about 5 hours.

PepperWoo
08-20-15, 05:22 AM
The only thing I regret is doing my 40th mining expansion in advance in preparation of more land coming based on Elsa's statement. Now my land mine will probably be closed for eternity unless they are feeling generous to give us a mining expansion on top of that huge land expansion lol xD I wish dynamites could be exchanged for bombs! :p

Kennedward
08-20-15, 06:44 AM
That is good news. Presently I can not see that new space but hopefully I will when my game updates today in about 5 hours.

me too

roguebee
08-20-15, 07:14 AM
NOTE:See edit at bottom of post!

Looks like a habitat increase to 146!!!
Currently, two new spots to develop, and coming soon, a new island! (update with new island, others here now!)
Spaces are: On top island to right of arena, no maps, 1 Bitterbark at $800,000 to clear. Space just below and right of mine: requires maps and money, can't remember amounts, and 24 hours to clear! Woo Hoo!
This should hold us until the update brings the new expansion island! Woo Hoo again!
Thanks for keeping us updated Elsa! We appreciate you!
:D Annie
EDIT!!!! Do upgrade before starting to clear, space requires maps, will revert if already cleared!

I guess that's 800K of coins down the drain. I paid to clear the tree as soon as I saw it.

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 08:18 AM
So I didn't wait for the auto update and I updated manually. I can see the new land and eventhough it looks like 80 or so plots increasing the habitat cap just 6 after not having an increasing for almost 9 months is just too lame even for team lava.

6 helps but it isn't going to cut it for people who don't have a stable. I will never buy something to hide my dragons. I want to display them.

amerirish
08-20-15, 08:55 AM
I didn't realize until reading this thread how weird this update is. On one hand, YAY for more space (and so much of it!!!) but on the other hand, the habitat limit is only raised by 6?? What in the world are they thinking? The habitat limit should be as high as is physically possible to place habitats IMHO.

pernmagic
08-20-15, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the info everyone I have the update and extra space , not important for me yet but it will make life more fun for you all who very much need it and it proves that that TL can and will do this for you now and in the future, just keep asking them :)

pernmagic
08-20-15, 09:17 AM
me too

Enjoy :)

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 10:10 AM
Yeah an increase of 6 is going to suffice for all of oh idk 1 or 2 days. Come on team lame do the needful!!!! Do it now!!! Increase the cap to 160.

zinj
08-20-15, 10:41 AM
Wow, woke up to a ton of extra space today.

Kennedward
08-20-15, 10:43 AM
Finally worked!

kooky panda
08-20-15, 03:00 PM
I guess that's 800K of coins down the drain. I paid to clear the tree as soon as I saw it.
If you lost coins, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

freshfunin2008
08-20-15, 03:08 PM
I guess we start the quest to get a higher habitat cap limit day 1.

Clark_Wayne
08-20-15, 05:34 PM
If you lost coins, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

have so many coins (650000000) i wouldn't notice if i lose some :D
i won't bother open a ticket just for some coins (grin)
sorry kooky but i rather focus on the game (tournament, breeding, farming,..) than spend my time with support just for few coins i will have from the dragons in few minuts :D

Kennedward
08-21-15, 06:18 AM
Me too, finally something to spend those coins on! :cool:

jim23cash
08-22-15, 11:38 PM
Hey Elsa,
Could you give us an idea if an increase in habitats is in our near future? I would love to buy some Diamond habitats, but with very few habitats left under cap, I should probably hold off until we know more habitats are coming.
Thank you for keeping us updated!
Thanks, Annie :D

DeeDe99
08-28-15, 06:51 PM
have so many coins (650000000) i wouldn't notice if i lose some :D
i won't bother open a ticket just for some coins (grin)
sorry kooky but i rather focus on the game (tournament, breeding, farming,..) than spend my time with support just for few coins i will have from the dragons in few minuts :D

At level 20-something, I am always scrabbling for coins! Oh, that I would have as many as you have!!

Kennedward
08-28-15, 07:41 PM
Sadly the expansions are taking a long time, and I already made back the coins I've spent on them.

It seems there's really no way to spend all my coins lol

roguebee
08-29-15, 06:21 AM
And you don't use many coins planting 20 hours crops...

Kennedward
08-29-15, 06:43 AM
And you don't use many coins planting 20 hours crops...

Agreed, with this world event I'm spending much less on crops as well

debhutchinson
08-30-15, 06:56 AM
Sadly the expansions are taking a long time, and I already made back the coins I've spent on them.

It seems there's really no way to spend all my coins lol

There was a time when the Arctic Isles opened when we could use 500,000 to boost breed. I managed to use up all my coins. Shortly after that TL started to charge gold (12 or 20 depending). This would be a good use for coins now too.

Kennedward
08-30-15, 01:04 PM
There was a time when the Arctic Isles opened when we could use 500,000 to boost breed. I managed to use up all my coins. Shortly after that TL started to charge gold (12 or 20 depending). This would be a good use for coins now too.

Agreed, if only such an option is available, cause I don't really see any difference in my results using boosted breed, I still end up with common fails lol

freshfunin2008
09-01-15, 09:03 AM
We need the cap lifted. Kooky can you inquire please. An increase of 6 habitats in a 9 month period is a slap in the face to loyal customers.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 10:22 AM
Agreed

jjblueyes
09-05-15, 05:33 AM
We need the cap lifted. Kooky can you inquire please. An increase of 6 habitats in a 9 month period is a slap in the face to loyal customers.

Makes a lot of sense to remove the cap. Especially for the high level l, long time players who have not even been able to play the game fully, or even at all for some folks...

freshfunin2008
09-08-15, 03:47 PM
Kooky can you have someone from S8 explain how over 500 dragons can be placed in 146 habitats????? Thank you

Kennedward
09-09-15, 07:44 AM
Makes a lot of sense to remove the cap. Especially for the high level l, long time players who have not even been able to play the game fully, or even at all for some folks...

Agreed, I'm slowly unloading my dragons from storage, but will take a long time as I can only receive 20 maps per day, so my expanding progress is very slow

jjblueyes
09-09-15, 10:10 AM
Kooky can you have someone from S8 explain how over 500 dragons can be placed in 146 habitats????? Thank you

We need a lot more habitats, better yet, cap removed altogether. Are there anything in the works to address this issue? I'm so happy to have the land to expand into! That's amazing, but running into the "no way to use it" zone. Thanks for listening....I'm 2nd ing the request from fresh fun. Thank you!

Kennedward
09-09-15, 10:56 AM
At first I thought it's great to finally be able to expand again, but then I realize the habitat limit is way too low, especially compared to the new amount of land given

Natasha_07
09-09-15, 11:28 AM
It should have been upgraded to 200 habitats at the SAME time when new land was released, in the meantime they could work on a another near future upgrade.

But TL or S8 did things somewhat backwards.

Kennedward
09-09-15, 11:42 AM
Agreed, but I think even 200 habitats is still not enough, as we're getting many new dragons every week

Natasha_07
09-09-15, 11:50 AM
I think 200 was enough at the same time we got new land, another upgrade could increase to 250-300 so by the time estimated that players with minimum space reached halfway on the first upgrade, the second 1 could be released.

200 was better than 0 which is currently what we have.

Kennedward
09-09-15, 11:51 AM
Agreed, sadly it's not the case right now

TL really should hear us out on this one

jjblueyes
09-09-15, 02:51 PM
I
I think 200 was enough at the same time we got new land, another upgrade could increase to 250-300 so by the time estimated that players with minimum space reached halfway on the first upgrade, the second 1 could be released.

200 was better than 0 which is currently what we have.

Anything would be helpful. I can't put all my dragons out. I can start to bring out some decor I suppose but I'm stuck on dragons. When you have tale quests that require you to hatch & raise a few Dragons up something's got to give. Sell, remove, store, jumble things around. It's a game, it's suppose to be fun. It's been a pain recently.
~Jen

Kennedward
09-09-15, 04:15 PM
Agreed

I don't think any of us even want to complain, but there really are some issues with this game that makes playing not fun at all

DeeDe99
09-09-15, 08:19 PM
I have a left field suggestion. First, let's consider there has to be boundaries at some point - they can't expand the amount of land available forever - you'd be managing habitats into infinity (no pun intended).

However, possibly what S8 could do in allow linked accounts/IDs. In other words, once your primary land allocation is full, you could create a second (and later third etc) sub-account and be able to migrate certain dragons from one to the other to seed the new population. Yes, there'd need to be some controls around it, but as a concept? That way the users are happy, they can continue to expand and display their dragons and the developers should be happy as there would be less code to develop/test/rollout.

No idea why there is a habitat limit in the first place - surely it should just be whatever you can fit on the land.

Kennedward
09-09-15, 08:30 PM
Or simply let us put some regular habitats in the Arctic Isle :D

DeeDe99
09-09-15, 08:52 PM
Or simply let us put some regular habitats in the Arctic Isle :D

I almost wrote "a bit like the Arctic Isle" :p but knowing you lot, you'd still run out of space, just later! I was aiming for the possibility of unlimited expansion without unlimited coding and design costs (which players ultimately pay for I guess).

Kennedward
09-10-15, 07:09 AM
Knowing TL, they'll keep on introducing more dragons every week, there's really no way we won't run out of space

DeeDe99
09-10-15, 02:44 PM
The other consideration is bandwidth and device memory etc. the app already crashes if I visit too many 150 level players when doing my neighbour duties. More land + more habitats + more dragons = more bandwidth and more device grunt required. Might limit some players.

Kennedward
09-10-15, 04:04 PM
That's something TL should consider if they keep going on making new dragons like this

freshfunin2008
09-10-15, 04:26 PM
I find it difficult to want to visit neighbors when there are limits imposed on us showing all of our dragons. Using storage and stables defeats the purpose of displaying not only decor but all your dragons. This is a large issue that TL seems to just ignore.

Kennedward
09-10-15, 05:50 PM
I find it difficult to want to visit neighbors when there are limits imposed on us showing all of our dragons. Using storage and stables defeats the purpose of displaying not only decor but all your dragons. This is a large issue that TL seems to just ignore.

Agreed

belbar22
09-20-15, 03:14 PM
I am getting close to running out of habitats. I would like to add my voice to the request for more habitats.

Kennedward
09-24-15, 08:46 AM
I'm currently expanding, and with maps coming in 20 max per day, and expanding taking 3 days now, my progress is VERY slow, but eventually I'll max out on habitats so an increase would be nice now

jim23cash
09-27-15, 02:55 AM
I, OF COURSE, am at the habitat max already. Please, don't make me beg for months to get more habitats. We needed an increase when we got the large new area for expansion. I mistakenly thought that an increase would come shortly after the expansions, so I waited. And waited. Now I just purchased one of the new habitats, and I am out again. *Sigh*. I really don't want to have to keep doing this. Please increase the habitats. Thank you, Annie

freshfunin2008
09-28-15, 08:47 AM
To have only an increase of 6 habitats over a 10 month period is shameful for all players. Stop making a fun game so hard to play and frustrating at that. The needful needs to be done now.

Kennedward
09-28-15, 03:29 PM
I've actually stopped playing for a few days due to the slow land expanding and the need of more habitats, ah well, pretty sure changes will be made very slowly

jim23cash
10-02-15, 12:28 PM
Please raise the habitat cap for the new HALLOWEEN edition! I'm sure there will be more new Dragons, and I have my fingers crossed for some cool 4 Dragon HALLOWEEN habitats!!
Please don't start a bunch of events and issue new Dragons without increasing habitats. That makes the game stressful, and not fun. Keep it fun, and where all can participate.
Thanks! Anne :D

freshfunin2008
10-02-15, 07:19 PM
Show us all how you place over 500 dragons in 146 habitats!!!!!

DeeDe99
10-05-15, 04:26 AM
Not being as far advanced as many of the rest of you, I just want to be able to expand faster than one 4 x 4 section every 5 days. I SO SO want to have some artistic flair and some decor spread around.

2 days to get 40 maps at 20 maps a day
36 Hours to expand
22 hours to clear some foliage

May as well say 5 days - and I know it gets longer (I'm level 67).

Now, I am one of the first to say the rules are the rules and we either accept it and play, or move on. However
I have to admit, the slow rate seems rather, well, slooooow. I can't breed more dragons if I have nowhere to put the habitats, let alone any limitation on habitat numbers.

I also don't begrudge Storm 8 a revenue stream. They cover all the data storage costs and the Internet traffic doesn't come free, plus they have staff to pay. It is, after all, a business. Players are very good at wanting changes, but who pays for all that? Anyway,
I digress.

Along with more habitats, perhaps we could have slightly less lengthy expansions, especially now we have so much land to spread out our habitats.

Kennedward
10-08-15, 06:50 PM
Just saw the suggestion poll being closed, I wonder when and what changes will be made?

freshfunin2008
10-09-15, 08:22 AM
I am getting tired of having to sell / trade dragons because we have to find a place to display our dragons with a limit of 146. You can not display ALL dragons with only 146 habitats please increase the cap. This is ridiculous.

freshfunin2008
10-09-15, 08:23 AM
I need 60 maps to expand. Expanding is always slow.

Jrod333
10-10-15, 12:20 AM
We need more habitats please. Another 20 mining land spaces would be nice too for those of us who needed that last spot.

belbar22
10-10-15, 10:24 AM
I need more habitats. What's the point of all the extra land if we don't get more habitats. :confused:

HarleyQuinns28
10-11-15, 12:45 PM
I need more habitats. What's the point of all the extra land if we don't get more habitats. :confused:

That's my thoughts exactly.
Also wouldn't mind getting new map dragon but what's the point when I'm maxed on hab space? I don't want to sell a hab to fit one new dragon in. Also, not going to buy gold when I'm at the point that playing is going to start getting hard with no where to put anything.

Kennedward
10-11-15, 08:43 PM
That's my thoughts exactly.
Also wouldn't mind getting new map dragon but what's the point when I'm maxed on hab space? I don't want to sell a hab to fit one new dragon in. Also, not going to buy gold when I'm at the point that playing is going to start getting hard with no where to put anything.

Agreed

freshfunin2008
10-12-15, 03:17 PM
TL must be preparing for a new round of long term users to quit since they can not play.

freshfunin2008
10-12-15, 03:19 PM
apparently TL doesn't want to tell us which island can hold the 500 plus dragons on display and not in storage with only 146 habitats. We are still waiting. If anyone else knows the island name please provide it. thanks

jjblueyes
10-13-15, 12:48 AM
I'm habitat maxed out. I'd love Raven & spell but where to put them? Only so much juggling & selling you can do till you are just stuck. Dragons in storage, dragons in the stable....dragons sold. The land issue finally resolved just to run into this.
No need to agree with me. It's not like it's a disputed fact?

Kennedward
10-13-15, 04:02 AM
lol you guys are right....

jjblueyes
10-13-15, 11:42 AM
New awesome habitat and I can't get it. Sooo frustrated.

amerirish
10-13-15, 11:56 AM
I just bought the new habitat but now I only have 2 left that I can purchase. With all of the holidays coming up, I know they're going to issue more so it's going to take a lot of juggling of dragons to sell off common habitats in order to buy the special ones :( I really wish they would increase the limit more substantially.

jim23cash
10-13-15, 12:58 PM
S8/TL Please increase the habitats!
I bought a Cartography Dragon, but I can't buy his habitat. I would LIKE to buy some Halloween habitats while they are on sale, but I can't. What is the hold up? It sucks all the fun out of the game if you always have to worry about space for new Dragons.

freshfunin2008
10-13-15, 02:17 PM
Why have we only had an increase of 6 in almost a year?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

jjblueyes
10-13-15, 02:52 PM
I just bought the new habitat but now I only have 2 left that I can purchase. With all of the holidays coming up, I know they're going to issue more so it's going to take a lot of juggling of dragons to sell off common habitats in order to buy the special ones :( I really wish they would increase the limit more substantially.

I can't buy anything...I've done everything I can think of. I'm stuck and now I'm getting mad. So I've played for 3 plus years, spent a ton of money, more then I care to think about, and now I can't even play?
Man I feel like a cherished customer.

HarleyQuinn28
10-13-15, 08:48 PM
So now to make matters worse there's an event with no where to put these things. Halloween is my absolute favorite time of the year and I would LOVE to have the new habitat. I would spend money, since I'm low on gold, to have a couple of those new Halloween ones. But I'm not spending my money on your company when you're just letting us sit here with our hands in the air completely frustrated! I would reconsider that if you would just please help us out! How long do people have to beg to get an increase? Who would've thought you'd have to beg to spend your money. I love this game. It's truly my favorite game on my device. Please don't make me have to eventually give that up.

jjblueyes
10-13-15, 09:34 PM
So now to make matters worse there's an event with no where to put these things. Halloween is my absolute favorite time of the year and I would LOVE to have the new habitat. I would spend money, since I'm low on gold, to have a couple of those new Halloween ones. But I'm not spending my money on your company when you're just letting us sit here with our hands in the air completely frustrated! I would reconsider that if you would just please help us out! How long do people have to beg to get an increase? Who would've thought you'd have to beg to spend your money. I love this game. It's truly my favorite game on my device. Please don't make me have to eventually give that up.

Very well said! It's amazing! I can't believe there's a beautiful seasonal habitat blacked out in the market, that I'm not allowed to purchase, because....wait for it....I've had the nerve of hanging in with this game for a very long time, so long as a matter of fact that I've managed to get a huge amount of dragons. Since I have this large amount of dragons, I need a large amount of habitats to place them in. I'm being punished for being a long time, loyal, and a customer that actually spends real life dollars. The more I watch what I'm not able to do, all because I've participated for a long time, the more I'm getting upset. I sure pray this gets resolved very soon so we can all enjoy the game. Not just the newer players.
Jen

jjblueyes
10-13-15, 09:38 PM
Ps. Amerirish - I'm not upset that you were able to buy what you did! I hope it didn't come across that way! I'm happy for all people can do. Just annoyed I've been backed into a corner. Congrats and I'm with you. If you are close to being stuck or stuck like me it's an issue!

Kennedward
10-14-15, 03:03 AM
Why have we only had an increase of 6 in almost a year?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

If only TL would give us an answer to that question.......

amerirish
10-14-15, 08:28 AM
Ps. Amerirish - I'm not upset that you were able to buy what you did! I hope it didn't come across that way! I'm happy for all people can do. Just annoyed I've been backed into a corner. Congrats and I'm with you. If you are close to being stuck or stuck like me it's an issue!

Gosh jj, it didn't even occur to me that you would be upset with me :) I completely understand and share your frustration. I'm feeling an awful lot of anxiety about a game that is supposed to be fun. I don't know who's more of a fool, TL for not listening or me for caring so much about a silly game :(

freshfunin2008
10-14-15, 09:50 AM
Kooky or Regina please give us an update. We can't play!!!! I am not down with that.

freshfunin2008
10-14-15, 04:25 PM
Frozen Turtle???? anyone?? When will we be able to play again? I have less than 500 dragons and I can not display them all with 146 habitats. Please help us

jjblueyes
10-14-15, 10:52 PM
Gosh jj, it didn't even occur to me that you would be upset with me :) I completely understand and share your frustration. I'm feeling an awful lot of anxiety about a game that is supposed to be fun. I don't know who's more of a fool, TL for not listening or me for caring so much about a silly game :(

Oh good. I didn't want it to feel like I was biting your head off. It wasn't my intention but you never know how things can come across. I read back and thought...that could be taken with a bit of sour grapes. I am so annoyed that I can't enjoy the game right now. It's no better then when I was land locked. These event dragons have no place to go. The mining dragon no place, crafting dragon in the spell shop. I'm most upset that I cannot purchase the new Halloween habitat. That's simply messed up.

pernmagic
10-15-15, 02:58 AM
Oh good. I didn't want it to feel like I was biting your head off. It wasn't my intention but you never know how things can come across. I read back and thought...that could be taken with a bit of sour grapes. I am so annoyed that I can't enjoy the game right now. It's no better then when I was land locked. These event dragons have no place to go. The mining dragon no place, crafting dragon in the spell shop. I'm most upset that I cannot purchase the new Halloween habitat. That's simply messed up.

Well said everyone ..... Please keep fighting for more habitats and mine expansions from TL ..... I've been playing for 2 years and still have a reasonable number of habitats to go for but am having to be very careful and choosy what I buy with gold because I know I will hit troubles the same as you all before long ..... My island mine has only two spaces left ...... I have dragons in storage and in the stable because I dare not buy them their homes
This is my favourite game on any available and I am aware of the problems looming for me

Come on TL listen to your long term customers who pay money to play your brilliant game and inform us what is planned and the when that is going to happen ...... Just so we can plan how we play .....

ndtrance
10-15-15, 08:45 AM
Well said everyone ..... Please keep fighting for more habitats and mine expansions from TL ..... I've been playing for 2 years and still have a reasonable number of habitats to go for but am having to be very careful and choosy what I buy with gold because I know I will hit troubles the same as you all before long ..... My island mine has only two spaces left ...... I have dragons in storage and in the stable because I dare not buy them their homes
This is my favourite game on any available and I am aware of the problems looming for me

Come on TL listen to your long term customers who pay money to play your brilliant game and inform us what is planned and the when that is going to happen ...... Just so we can plan how we play .....

I'm with you on this! I'm not near the habitat limit but I've been conscious of the issue and watching this thread since March trying to figure out what the future of this game is. When the new land came I took all of my dragons out of storage but now I know that I should start keeping them in storage again... I would spend a lot more money on this game if I knew I would be able to play in the future. I have neighbors at or near the limit and they are struggling to play. This has been a terrible situation for too long now. I love this game but I play several other kinds of games from other companies. This is the only game I play where people want to spend money or their in game currency but can't.

freshfunin2008
10-16-15, 08:19 AM
Come on guys there has to be a mod around here somewhere that knows something. When will we see a demo isle where ALL dragons are displayed with only 146 habitats?????

DeeDe99
10-16-15, 01:39 PM
Don't we mean we want a higher habitat limit, not necessarily more habitats to choose from? Perhaps we are confusing S8 with asking for more habitats, rather than a limit increase.

That said, there is the question of technical resource limits in the devices. If S8 up the habitat limit to say 300, that might exclude a fair number of devices from being able to play the game without some heavy duty changes to how the game is handled technically on devices.

Mind you, it would be very helpful if someone from S8 actually explained any such technical issues for all.

awsumum
10-16-15, 01:42 PM
Come on guys there has to be a mod around here somewhere that knows something. When will we see a demo isle where ALL dragons are displayed with only 146 habitats?????

Pretty sure it CAN'T be done (not sure why a mod hasn't come on to explain) wish the extreme lack of habitats would be fixed before pumping out new dragons, some (OK, most) players like to display ALL dragons, not just shove them in storage/stables :(

freshfunin2008
10-16-15, 03:06 PM
Don't we mean we want a higher habitat limit, not necessarily more habitats to choose from? Perhaps we are confusing S8 with asking for more habitats, rather than a limit increase.

That said, there is the question of technical resource limits in the devices. If S8 up the habitat limit to say 300, that might exclude a fair number of devices from being able to play the game without some heavy duty changes to how the game is handled technically on devices.

Mind you, it would be very helpful if someone from S8 actually explained any such technical issues for all.

Well they should stop putting out dragons if they want us to be able to place them in a limit of 146 habitats. They know what we want and they know when we want it.

DeeDe99
10-16-15, 05:14 PM
Well they should stop putting out dragons if they want us to be able to place them in a limit of 146 habitats. They know what we want and they know when we want it.

Freshfunin2008, I'm not "siding" with S8 here, but being an IT person I am acutely aware of the technical issues than can arise. Perhaps it was never intended that players would attempt to collect and display every single dragon, I don't know what the original design behind the game was. Maybe they thought people would tire of "old" dragons and hmmmmmm dispose of them over time. Who knows!

What I do know is this game has been around for a while now and quite possibly there are newer development platforms for mobile devices that would cope with the additional processing requirements, BUT that might mean re-coding the whole game. S8 may be more inclined to retire it altogether (which is what worries me about the Dragon Story 2 which certainly looks like it is developed on a newer platform). Technology changes all the time.

Imagine, for a rough example, the following. Your device has the capacity to display let's say 25% of your 350 (new number) habitats. You want to scroll across to see another 25%. If the game has to send back to the server to get the next bit of the display, can you imagine how this would slow the game down? Not simply is the communications to the server increased dramatically, but also the memory in your device has to handle the data. I'm hypothesizing here, of course, as I don't know what platform this is developed on - mobile devices is not my area, I'm a FMIS specialist, but I was recently involved with a system where mobile devices were used for some in field functions so I do have some insight into the issues.

What REALLY puzzles me is why S8 created all the new land, but then don't make a formal announcement about the habitat limit issue. Surely it can't be that difficult to inform the players of the situation and/or plans? If there are no plans to increase the habitat limit, then why the new land? That makes no sense to me.

Did S8 add the land (probably the easy bit) and then run into difficulties when testing populating that land? The dragons are animated and the habitats are not placed in a repetitive fashion like the uncleared land, so it may be that devices handled the land, but once that land was populated perhaps too many devices (e.g. lower end devices) crashed.

Come on S8, just answer the players questions - it isn't that hard to do. Players are reasonable people, if there are technical issues, they'll understand.

jjblueyes
10-16-15, 09:45 PM

Give us an option to store dragons. This would go a long way to helping relieve some of these issue and buy time for S8/TL to figure out the habitat issue. If I could put all my Christmas dragons away alone it would give me much room. When Christmas came I could put all the Halloween things away. If we could have the power to put away seasonal dragons, oh my gosh. If we can't display everything, let us display what we'd like!

Ps. I'm not talking about the expensive stables and I'm also talking about the habitats themselves. A free, unlimited storage "barn" or just give us a bunch more habitats....
Thank you.

jjblueyes
10-16-15, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=DeeDe99;1190824]Freshfunin2008, I'm not "siding" with S8 here, but being an IT person I am acutely aware of the technical issues than can arise. Perhaps it was never intended that players would attempt to collect and display every single dragon, I don't know what the original design behind the game was. Maybe they thought people would tire of "old" dragons and hmmmmmm dispose of them over time. Who knows!

We've actually been told, which is what has been referenced here, that we will always be able to display all our dragons. Not duplicates but one of each dragon will always be able to be on display. Players have challenged this over the years and that's about the time we get the upgrades needed. It's been intended and promised that we should be able to display our dragons. For me, I can't even play. I can't hardly believe this situation, where I've spent the money I've spent and put the time I've put into it to now feel I'm punished for it. Clearly this isn't your fault, just explaining a few years worth of fun.

DeeDe99
10-16-15, 11:56 PM
We've actually been told, which is what has been referenced here, that we will always be able to display all our dragons. Not duplicates but one of each dragon will always be able to be on display. Players have challenged this over the years and that's about the time we get the upgrades needed. It's been intended and promised that we should be able to display our dragons. For me, I can't even play. I can't hardly believe this situation, where I've spent the money I've spent and put the time I've put into it to now feel I'm punished for it. Clearly this isn't your fault, just explaining a few years worth of fun.

History is always a useful perspective,jjblueyes. Thank you for explaining the past promises. Curious, I'm finding it. Did they make these promises without asking the dev team, I wonder. Something is just odd.

I hear you on the investment aspect - precisely why I keep asking for a product roadmap! Business app developers have to provide them, why not games developers? I don't want to find the game retired in 6 months in favour of Dragon Story 2 with no migration path. I understand new technologies coming up and replacing older platforms, but usually there is a migration path for existing customers. I'm not getting that vibe so far.

jjblueyes
10-17-15, 09:17 AM
History is always a useful perspective,jjblueyes. Thank you for explaining the past promises. Curious, I'm finding it. Did they make these promises without asking the dev team, I wonder. Something is just odd.

I hear you on the investment aspect - precisely why I keep asking for a product roadmap! Business app developers have to provide them, why not games developers? I don't want to find the game retired in 6 months in favour of Dragon Story 2 with no migration path. I understand new technologies coming up and replacing older platforms, but usually there is a migration path for existing customers. I'm not getting that vibe so far.

That I can't tell you for certain, however I know that when people started first complaining of room we started getting these responses saying that if we placed our dragons correctly and not with duplicates, we should be able to put out all our dragons, and that we will always be able to do so.
Now on the surface that sounds great, it's untrue. I have 440 dragons. Unique dragons, not counting the handful of duplicates I've decided to keep. I think I should decided how I play, if I want a island full of magics, so be it. Why should any game company tell me how to play with its game? That annoys me frankly. I enjoy keeping a few extra diamond type dragons for battles. Sadly I've had to put them in the stable, the very expensive stable I might add. Very greedy tactics. I also have found having double of the main quest dragons invaluable. Right now we are using a quest for the event. Having 2 of that dragon makes sure I can breed & do any other event TL throws at me. I should be able to make these game play decisions without someone deciding if I do, I will at some point, be played into a corner. I could remove the very few duplicates I have it still wouldn't fix my issues. I digress. My apologies.
With the amount of dragons I have, even with many upgraded habitats, again very, very expensive habitats, there's no way I can have them all out. Diamond habitats housing 1? It's gotten way out of control and I get the technical concerns. I honestly think it would be a pretty quick & easy fix if the game had a feature, free, to store both dragons & habitats. You decide what theme you want your island to be. If you want to have as much out as physical possible great, if you only want pink things out great. This has been asked for and suggested repeatedly.
A response from someone, that somethings at least on the way would be amazing! Thanks for hearing my rant. I truly love this game or I wouldn't be here with my passion, & my forum friends are wonderful. Great supportive folks!

Jrod333
10-17-15, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure what the total number is of every dragon but I figured it out that you can display 530 different dragons while keeping the 15 individual diamond habitats, and using all 4 dragon habitats that you can, give or take a few extra dragons. For instance 2 Dino and 2 mythic can be added but I didn't count them. If diamond habitats are replaced with 4 dragon habitats then you can fit 557. I'm not sure on the total but it's probably around 600 different dragons by now, so we still can't display every dragon. If you only have 3 dragon habitats you may as well subtract 146 off those total numbers and that's what you can fit. Main account Jrod33, Jr account Jrod333

awsumum
10-17-15, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure what the total number is of every dragon but I figured it out that you can display 530 different dragons while keeping the 15 individual diamond habitats, and using all 4 dragon habitats that you can, give or take a few extra dragons. For instance 2 Dino and 2 mythic can be added but I didn't count them. If diamond habitats are replaced with 4 dragon habitats then you can fit 557. I'm not sure on the total but it's probably around 600 different dragons by now, so we still can't display every dragon. If you only have 3 dragon habitats you may as well subtract 146 off those total numbers and that's what you can fit. Main account Jrod33, Jr account Jrod333

I, personally, have 567/568 but I am trying for Prime Magic. Also have Spooky Tree dragon in storage and have yet to craft Sweet Tooth and Azurite, then there's the 3 community dragons to go, so I gues that makes it 574 dragons in total. Have a bunch in stables that I'm not able to display. Making diamond habitats hold more than 1 would go a long way towards helping, but having said that I AM maxed out on habitats and need the limit extended. Have invited mods/dev a to visit my island and explain where I'm going wrong as we were promised that all our dragons would be able to be displayed.

jjblueyes
10-17-15, 02:52 PM
I don't know. I only know what I have going on at my place. I have dragons hiding everywhere. Stables, storage. I can't use the Dino or tropic habitats, I have a treasure dragon in a habitat so that feels like a waste of space. Many special release habitats have been 3 dragon ones that I purchased long ago. I've also paid 500 golds for that one extra spot per habitat, enough to feel I've done my part to help out. I'm not willing to spend that to add one dragon per place. I need a lot more help then a few dragons...I got jigsaw stuck in the spell shop, can't craft my mining dragon. It's all connected & it's not good for me. Event going on, every dragon will go straight to storage & that's it. Christmas is coming & I sure hope I have something to look forward to in the game & not more of this.
Cheers, Jen

Jrod333
10-17-15, 06:29 PM
So how many dragons can you actually display Awsumum? I can only display 557 but that's still not all, and even still we need more habitats then only holding the exact amount for and future dragons to come out.

DeeDe99
10-17-15, 07:15 PM
I suppose one question is: When is the game finished?

By that I mean, most games have an end-point, whether that be football, soccer, Monopoly, Scrabble, tennis......

At what point has the player won or lost in Dragon Story?

I can see myself buying one more habitat as they put me in my coffin! LOL

awsumum
10-17-15, 07:22 PM
So how many dragons can you actually display Awsumum? I can only display 557 but that's still not all, and even still we need more habitats then only holding the exact amount for and future dragons to come out.

I have 29 dragons in stables, and unfortunately Spooky Tree dragon (from spin wheel) will be stuck in storage for the foreseeable future. Can house Sweet Tooth (have space in 1 of the fairytale habitats) and because I got the Haunted Trail, I can house all the community event dragons (assuming we can get them all)

So my maths not too crash hot, but I THINK I can house 533. Course I could be WAY off (not sure how you housed 557!!) That's with almost all habitats at 4 dragon capacity (except diamond - grrr, and specific habitats) everything else has been upgraded/purchased for 4 dragon habitats. But I STILL can't fit everyone in :(

jjblueyes
10-17-15, 07:50 PM
I have 29 dragons in stables, and unfortunately Spooky Tree dragon (from spin wheel) will be stuck in storage for the foreseeable future. Can house Sweet Tooth (have space in 1 of the fairytale habitats) and because I got the Haunted Trail, I can house all the community event dragons (assuming we can get them all)

So my maths not too crash hot, but I THINK I can house 533. That's with almost all habitats at 4 dragon capacity (except diamond - grrr, and specific habitats) everything else has been upgraded/purchased for 4 dragon habitats. But I STILL can't fit everyone in :(

You are a rockstar. I just won't spend anymore on this game. You have all upgraded habitats and you still can't put all your dragons out. I will start spending my money when I'm feeling more secure in my ability to play my game at all. Congrats on your spooky tree! ;) you'll get to use him at some point.
Jen

VermillionPT2
10-17-15, 09:43 PM
Give us an option to store dragons. This would go a long way to helping relieve some of these issue and buy time for S8/TL to figure out the habitat issue. If I could put all my Christmas dragons away alone it would give me much room. When Christmas came I could put all the Halloween things away. If we could have the power to put away seasonal dragons, oh my gosh. If we can't display everything, let us display what we'd like!

Ps. I'm not talking about the expensive stables and I'm also talking about the habitats themselves. A free, unlimited storage "barn" or just give us a bunch more habitats....
Thank you.

I agree Jen. I mean, they do it for Bakery and restaurant story. Why wouldn't they have made the ability to store themed habitats w/dragons?!? When android actually got the option to store decorations, I was disappointed that it was just that. I was under the assumption it was everything minus nests and evolver..etc..etc. We decorate our bakeries, restaurants, fashion shops. I assume we all play or have played one of these other TL/Storm 8 games before. So you would think they know who there customers are, Right?!? Phew...ok, done ranting. Just a really great point that's all. ;)

hiabarara
10-18-15, 03:13 AM
I'm not even close to the limit, but I'm still following this thread for a while now. Something that bothers me: So S8 said that you guys will be able to display all dragons (every dragon only once of course)? When did they say that? Was is at a point where they already brought out that many dragons on a regular basis? Because every week a new dragon becomes available (at least one dragon, mostly more), so that means you guys would need at least one more habitat every month. They have to know how many dragons they publish every week, so of course they also have to know that this means a huge increase of habitats, regularly. So it seems like a plain lie what they said.

Another question: So the maximum of habitats is 147. Does that mean there's still space left for decorations and stuff? Because it would be even more stupid to leave space free if you actually could place a habitat there.

Jrod333
10-18-15, 10:29 AM

So my maths not too crash hot, but I THINK I can house 533. Course I could be WAY off (not sure how you housed 557!!) That's with almost all habitats at 4 dragon capacity (except diamond - grrr, and specific habitats) everything else has been upgraded/purchased for 4 dragon habitats. But I STILL can't fit everyone in :(

Well I can see that you can still trade 6 of your 2 and 3 dragon habitats for 4 dragon habitats and freeing for another 10 dragons, so that's getting closer to my number. I have 506 different dragons and have space for 24, 28 if you count mythic and dino. If I place the diamond dragons correctly and replace with various color 4 dragon habitats, I can then fit another 27 of various types. Not sure if it matters but I've always placed dragons of the basic colors on the higher paying habitat. So white and yellow would go on white, purple and green would go on purple. Idk if it makes a difference in the end, but it's what I did.

awsumum
10-18-15, 01:22 PM
Well I can see that you can still trade 6 of your 2 and 3 dragon habitats for 4 dragon habitats and freeing for another 10 dragons, so that's getting closer to my number. I have 506 different dragons and have space for 24, 28 if you count mythic and dino. If I place the diamond dragons correctly and replace with various color 4 dragon habitats, I can then fit another 27 of various types. Not sure if it matters but I've always placed dragons of the basic colors on the higher paying habitat. So white and yellow would go on white, purple and green would go on purple. Idk if it makes a difference in the end, but it's what I did.

Which ones? I don't have any 2 dragon habitats (except cartographer, and he won't go anywhere else) . I have Metal mines (holds 3) tropic strand (dragons won't go anywhere else-holds 3) 3 ring circus (dragons won't go anyhere else-holds 3) dino (holds 3) throne room (holds 3) fairytale forest (holds 3)

Some of these were from previous events and the dragons are specific to that habitat, they CAN'T go anywhere else!

Even if I place the hybrids onto 4 dragon habitats the main dragon in each group (metal for instance) it won't go anywhere else but into metal mines. Then I'm stuck with 2 empty slots that can't be filled with anything but another metal (trying to NOT have duplicates) or the hybrids.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated :)

awsumum
10-18-15, 01:28 PM
You are a rockstar. I just won't spend anymore on this game. You have all upgraded habitats and you still can't put all your dragons out. I will start spending my money when I'm feeling more secure in my ability to play my game at all. Congrats on your spooky tree! ;) you'll get to use him at some point.
Jen

Thankyou Jen :)

Not sure what I can do anymore, but not willing to just quit the game, have invested a lot (time, money, blood-sweat-tears) y'know, the usual!!

Jrod333
10-18-15, 02:45 PM
Which ones? I don't have any 2 dragon habitats (except cartographer, and he won't go anywhere else) . I have Metal mines (holds 3) tropic strand (dragons won't go anywhere else-holds 3) 3 ring circus (dragons won't go anyhere else-holds 3) dino (holds 3) throne room (holds 3) fairytale forest (holds 3)

Some of these were from previous events and the dragons are specific to that habitat, they CAN'T go anywhere else!

Even if I place the hybrids onto 4 dragon habitats the main dragon in each group (metal for instance) it won't go anywhere else but into metal mines. Then I'm stuck with 2 empty slots that can't be filled with anything but another metal (trying to NOT have duplicates) or the hybrids.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated :)

You absolutely have 2 2 dragon habitats. Yellow and Red. Also I know you need the specific metal, fairytale and royal habitats, but you only need 1 of each for the only type and 2 hybrids of your choice. The rest are hybrids and can go on 4 dragon habitats. Also I see 1 white 3 dragon habitat next to the yellow and red. Ok so if you upgrade the red 2 dragon habitat and move red queen and hook there that'll give you a whole new space for another 4 dragon habitat. The rest you'll have to move around but you have 3 whites between Nano chess and platinum, and I'm sure you can move a few colors to place the last 2 to sell off the extra metal and extra royal habitat. I'd recommend replace 1 of those 2 with a rainbow 4 dragon habitat, then rainbows can be moved there, freeing a space from the color they're on, and new sweet tooth. I'm only trying to help and I actually had 2 of those habitats at one point too until I needed the places. The other event habitats are all good, they house 4 dragons and are filled. I also traded my 3 ring circus for a 4 dragon habitats.

awsumum
10-18-15, 03:49 PM
You absolutely have 2 2 dragon habitats. Yellow and Red. Also I know you need the specific metal, fairytale and royal habitats, but you only need 1 of each for the only type and 2 hybrids of your choice. The rest are hybrids and can go on 4 dragon habitats. Also I see 1 white 3 dragon habitat next to the yellow and red. Ok so if you upgrade the red 2 dragon habitat and move red queen and hook there that'll give you a whole new space for another 4 dragon habitat. The rest you'll have to move around but you have 3 whites between Nano chess and platinum, and I'm sure you can move a few colors to place the last 2 to sell off the extra metal and extra royal habitat. I'd recommend replace 1 of those 2 with a rainbow 4 dragon habitat, then rainbows can be moved there, freeing a space from the color they're on, and new sweet tooth. I'm only trying to help and I actually had 2 of those habitats at one point too until I needed the places. The other event habitats are all good, they house 4 dragons and are filled. I also traded my 3 ring circus for a 4 dragon habitats.

Thankyou! :) Forgot about those two (they were to quickly place Prime dragons!) I will note all this down, and try your suggestions (am days always from giving birth, so may not try it straightaway!) hopefully it will help in the short-term, but for a long-term solution, I foresee a need for habitat cap to be raised. Will also be left with a few stuck in stables :( nothing I can do until TL/S8 raise habitat limit.

Thankyou again for your help, it's very appreciated :)

jim23cash
10-19-15, 04:13 PM
Thankyou! :) Forgot about those two (they were to quickly place Prime dragons!) I will note all this down, and try your suggestions (am days always from giving birth, so may not try it straightaway!) hopefully it will help in the short-term, but for a long-term solution, I foresee a need for habitat cap to be raised. Will also be left with a few stuck in stables :( nothing I can do until TL/S8 raise habitat limit.

Thankyou again for your help, it's very appreciated :)
Woo Hoo! That's exciting! Best wishes for a quick and easy birthing! :D
I have 561 Dragons, with about 40 in stables.(No primes yet, I just can't get excited about them.) I also have some diamond habitats, and a few things like 2 Royal habitats. I also added a few 3 Dragon habitats in solid colors, and need to find and upgrade those.... But I really agree that it should be my business how many diamonds I want to keep, and how many diamond fields I want them in. I have only been able to play for the last 2 years by keeping no duplicates, and upgrading all my habitats to 4 Dragons. It makes my island look like a seething mass of Dragons. I'm not really fond of that. I have been asking s8/TL to allow free storage of habitats and Dragons since about this time last year, at least. I think that would really help with a lot of issues.

To the person that asked where they could find the promise about always housing all Dragons, it is at the beginning of one of these habitat threads, I believe. It was made by Jake @ S8. It basically says: there will never be a time when you are unable to house/display all of the available Dragons. We have asked at different points for Stormie's Island to show us that this can actually be done. I don't think it can now, without using stables, which does not count as displaying.

I messaged ELSA, and she said she would let the development team know that we needed an increase in the habitats allowed.
They usually take a while, so we may need to start storing eggs again! :(

HarleyQuinn28
10-20-15, 09:08 AM
I messaged ELSA, and she said she would let the development team know that we needed an increase in the habitats allowed.
They usually take a while, so we may need to start storing eggs again! :(

Well that's better news than nothing I suppose. Let's hope it rolls out before Xmas. For some reason I have a feeling this update will be a tourney and tales with no where to put anything. I need to upgrade my stable but am cringing at the thought of that :eek:

Game Plan

I saw a player mention that and I think that would be good information to know at his point. I don't want to spend more money on a game where this could be the last expansion and possible habitat upgrade. Is there a DS2 in the works? I also think a diamond habitat for 3 for coins and 4 for gold would be a great idea! another to keep the game going could be a second island or more to travel to. I've seen other games like that. . I think that'd be neat to have a few islands to travel to and create your own theme for each one. Players can already visit the Arctic so why not continue to branch on to that. Maybe we could create a pole on that?

DeeDe99
10-20-15, 10:34 AM
HarleyQuinn, there is already. DS2 and a Forum - check the front index.

It may have been me you read. I've suggested the multi-island solution in the past and I've posted about asking S8 for a product roadmap. Very important when DS is really their flagship product (compare the forum activity with those of other games) and the players provide the revenue stream.

HarleyQuinn28
10-20-15, 11:44 AM
HarleyQuinn, there is already. DS2 and a Forum - check the front index.

It may have been me you read. I've suggested the multi-island solution in the past and I've posted about asking S8 for a product roadmap. Very important when DS is really their flagship product (compare the forum activity with those of other games) and the players provide the revenue stream.

Wow I can't believe there is a DS2. I'm speechless. I have absolutely no interest in that. I'm happy with the DS I have. I don't like the 2nd versions of the games. Seems like you need to hover them more and I don't like the frequent checking.
Yeah it must have. I think that's excellent information to know. I have just started checking forum again so I haven't seen mentions of multi islands. It just always seemed like a logical solution. I just hope with DS2 that this game doesn't become dead.
Oh and I agree with it being their flagship product. That's why I'm shocked that more isn't being done with habitat increase. Makes me wonder if that lack of increase and some of the other changes like changing the quest of gold to coins isn't their way of forcing people to quit.

amerirish
10-20-15, 01:49 PM
Not counting duplicate eggs for dragons I already have placed, I have 7 unique eggs in my storage because if I hatch them, I will have no room for new dragons, even after I clear out some duplicates that I currently have placed :( It really stinks to not be able to display dragons that I fought hard to win :mad:

freshfunin2008
10-20-15, 02:00 PM
It is too bad that TL and S8 don't care that users have 146 habitats placed and they can not put all there dragons into those habitats for display purposes. This has been a long ongoing issue. This did not just start up over night.

jjblueyes
10-21-15, 04:20 AM
I agree Jen. I mean, they do it for Bakery and restaurant story. Why wouldn't they have made the ability to store themed habitats w/dragons?!? When android actually got the option to store decorations, I was disappointed that it was just that. I was under the assumption it was everything minus nests and evolver..etc..etc. We decorate our bakeries, restaurants, fashion shops. I assume we all play or have played one of these other TL/Storm 8 games before. So you would think they know who there customers are, Right?!? Phew...ok, done ranting. Just a really great point that's all. ;)

thanks & rant anytime ;)

jjblueyes
10-21-15, 04:27 AM
Thankyou Jen :)

Not sure what I can do anymore, but not willing to just quit the game, have invested a lot (time, money, blood-sweat-tears) y'know, the usual!!

I hear you. We've both been playing a long, long time and there's a lot invested in it.
Congrats on the baby. It may already be here! Enjoy that and don't stress about dragons! ;) keep us posted! Wishing you a stress free birth!
~Jen

belbar22
10-21-15, 12:51 PM
Please can someone from s8/TL please do us the common curtesy of giving us some idea of if and when we will get a habit increase.

debhutchinson
10-21-15, 07:43 PM
Here we go again. I just put Infinity in the Stable so I could buy a Halloween habitat. We need an increase to the habitat maximum. It's great we have more capacity in the Stables but I don't want to have to sell my existing 500-gold, 4-dragon habitats in order to buy the Special release habitats.

I finally see the point of 4-dragon Diamond habitats. Four of the 1-dragon Diamond habitats takes up the same amount of space as a 4-dragon habitat would but a 4-dragon Diamond habitat only uses up one of the allowable habitats (habitat maximum) and four of the 1-dragon habita uses up four of the allowable habitats.

Also I finally bought back the habitats that are not available in the 4-dragon format (like Dino & Passion & Tropic) and I do not want to have to sell them again. I use Dinos, Passion & Tropics in the battle arena.

Please give us an increase of 3-4 habitats every time you release a new 4-dragon habitat or introduce a new dragon type.

Regards, Deb

newzealander
10-22-15, 07:04 AM
Uh oh!!! I just reached the habitat limit. Grrrrrr. All this new land, and no new habitats to go on it. Uh oh!!!

stefen35
10-22-15, 07:19 AM
i need more land for my dragons , i have reached the maximum limit right now

freshfunin2008
10-22-15, 07:46 PM
All I can do at this point is leave dragons in storage and sell common types again. This is getting old real fast TL. Expand the habitats. As of 12/1/14 we had 140 max. It has been almost 11 months and only an addition of 6 is shameful for long time players.

debhutchinson
10-23-15, 08:13 AM
Yesterday I sacraficed a Diamond habitat and put Infinity into the Stable. Today I sold a 4-dragon, 500-gold Yellow habitat. All so I can buy some of the 4-dragon Halloween habitats. Please give us an increase to the habitat maximum. I won't buy more of the existing 4-dragon habitats (Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Black, etc.) but I don't want to sell anymore 500-gold, 4-dragon habitats either.

There are bound to be more 4-dragon special habitats introduced by TL. Please when this day comes (and every time it comes), please increase the habitat maximum by 3 or 4 so we can buy these habitats without sacrifying our existing 500-gold habitats.

Also consider allowing us to store our bought-for-gold habitats in Storage to help us manage with fewer habitats than we actually need/want.

Regards, Deb
50ShadesRetired Isle
557/558 unique dragons (unique new eggs in Storage unknown) * Still trying for Sugar Skull dragon!
49/80 dragons in the Stables

jjblueyes
10-23-15, 11:30 PM
All I can do at this point is leave dragons in storage and sell common types again. This is getting old real fast TL. Expand the habitats. As of 12/1/14 we had 140 max. It has been almost 11 months and only an addition of 6 is shameful for long time players.

Very shameful. Should be an exciting time for the game. Holiday dragons, decor & events. I'm just stressed out. No place to place a creature and no communication from anywhere to give us an idea if there's an end in sight. Getting a bit bummed :(

Jrod333
10-27-15, 10:55 AM
Unbelievable, another 4 new dragons and another 4 dragon special habitat, and no increase in habitats

kkdble49
10-28-15, 04:42 AM
Enough already! With the exception of limited habitats (eg treasure terrace), I've got nothing but 4 dragon habitats. Yet again I have dragons piling up in storage/stables.

freshfunin2008
10-29-15, 10:32 AM
this issue has to be the biggest problem they face. Give us an update and remove the cap once and for all.

amerirish
10-30-15, 06:03 AM
We should be able to have as many habitats as we can fit. I just hit the 146 limit and as soon as I'm done trading a few duplicates, I'll be out of space with many eggs still in storage. My next step will be to sell off my Diamond habitats and put my Diamonds into regular habitats. I hate to do that because it almost makes them less special :(

freshfunin2008
10-30-15, 07:31 AM
I have already had to put diamond hybrids into red, green, white and what not habitats long ago.

alienturtle
11-01-15, 09:20 AM
I agree with everyone , I am also desperate for more habitats. Why is there a limit on the number of habitats we can have above level 100? It is my money(gold bars) if I want to purchase new habitats I should be able to do so, especially if I have the space available. I have 15 unhatched Dragons in storage and my stable is also filling up rapidly. This situation is stopping me from buying new dragons and also from breeding my dragons. Furthermore, it precludes me from ever participating in buying habitats at special sale prices. It is extremely frustrating. I just wish they would remove the limit on the number of habitats one can have.

amerirish
11-10-15, 09:22 AM
I consolidated my two Dino habitats to sell one off so I now have room for one more habitat. Still, with the holidays coming up, I'm sure we'll get more than one special habitat offer in the Market. I really hope they raise the limit before then :( I have 11 dragon eggs in storage because I'm so worried about space with all the new dragons that keep getting issued every week. Really, this is nuts :mad:

freshfunin2008
11-10-15, 09:55 AM
Come on Mods let us know this is important to TL / S8 and they have a fix soon not later. This is crazy. We can't play like the newbies can. Give us the increase so we can make use of all the extra land. It should not take this long. Show us how TL places all the dragons on display using only 146 habitats. We are still waiting.

cazile81
11-10-15, 11:37 AM
My current habitat is 146/151 can anyone confirm as well

athena238
11-10-15, 11:44 AM
My current habitat is 146/151 can anyone confirm as well

Yes mine too went up to 151 :)

cazile81
11-10-15, 11:48 AM
Yes mine too went up to 151 :)
Sweet��

amerirish
11-10-15, 12:12 PM
I guess we're going to get increases in small increments...oh well, it's still progress :)

caramellenina
11-10-15, 02:38 PM
I just bought my 146th habitat and happily saw that they raised the max to 151! Yay, but I know I will fill those up fast though but at least it's something! :D

freshfunin2008
11-10-15, 02:44 PM
Thank you TL for 5 more habitats. NOW once you release 15 new dragons you need to update / increase this amount again. That should be in about 3 weeks. Thanks. MODS please update the title to show the progress from 146 to 151. Thanks again.

edit(KP) Done!

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 03:22 PM
More haste, less speed. Let's do it slow and right.

debhutchinson
11-10-15, 04:48 PM
Wow!!! TL sure is resistent to giving us more habitats. Glad to have 5 more habitats but it isn't much (3 Hex Hill habitats, 1 Cartography habitat and the new food-producing habitat and I'm done).

Hawk1
11-10-15, 05:23 PM
More haste, less speed. Let's do it slow and right.

Did you by any chance look at the date for the first page of this thread?

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 05:34 PM
Did you by any chance look at the date for the first page of this thread?

The thread started in Feb 2012 if I am not mistaken. The habitat limit was then 84. Seems it has almost doubled since then. That doesn't seem such a bad improvement, actually.

I'm quite sure S8 don't deliberately go out of their way to be slow, but I can imagine the hullabaloo if an increase caused loss of dragons or habitats. 84 to 151 isn't nothing.

Hawk1
11-10-15, 05:38 PM
seriously? You call that doubling? S8 has known about this issue for years... Wonder how's many stopped playing for this one issue...

DeeDe99
11-10-15, 05:56 PM
Hawk, mathematically 84 + 84 = 168. It is now 151. So yes, I call that almost double.

If so many had stopped playing, Storm 8 would have gone out of business. They haven't yet, so their products must still have a market out there.

I'm just looking at the facts, Hawk. I know the passion runs high on this issue, that is why I'm stripping it back to the bare bones.

Hawk1
11-10-15, 06:59 PM
There always new people such as yourself to take the place of the ones that finally give up on S8 games. I've been playing S8 games for a long time and I'm still hanging in there even though they stopped supporting a lot of their older games. I am in support of the people who have been playing DS for years and especially the ones that have come to a standstill for the lack of habitats for their hundreds of dragons. When you have to keep 100 dragons in stable/storage there's a big problem IMO.

kooky panda
11-10-15, 07:48 PM
Hey guys, lets keep on topic of the new habitats, the thread is swaying off topic about players leaving the game.

devlinholics
11-10-15, 08:02 PM
I am level42 I might not played DS Long like some loyal players here... But I try n explain what is the problems about playing DS from my point as a newbie...

If you want a newbie like me going Long or play,

1) clearing debris is expensive for starters, green, red dragons seriously do not earn much.
2) time to clear debris, expansion is pretty Long or build habitats.
3) new dragons coming out weekly, I can never keep up maybe I like a particular dragon but I do not have the space or everything above takes too Long
4) events... To battle you need lvl30, to mine you need 45.

If a newbie like me playing DS, yes first it got to be fun, interesting or curious about the dragons or maybe owned the dragons u wanted.

DO YOU THINK it is fun waiting 8hr to 15hr to expand, another 8hr to 15hr to clear debris( wait another few hours to get your silver), wait a few hours to get your new habitat. After few days congrats yr dragon finally is out of the nest. Rinse n repeat THIS for a few weeks or 2 months till u go to mid level 30 to battle. N later u realise every battle you are going to lose because yr dragons is not strong enough.

S8 has to earn no doubt but how many new players/customers is going through this so call learning stage before they are even at lvl20+ n they quit n move on to other game n says **** about DS. If players willing to spend $$ buy gold, speed up n when they are close to lvl 30+ buy all diamonds, champions, spend $$ on food bringing dragons to epic. After 2 weeks of buying gold customer they get bored n leave DS still why? When u have all diamonds n champions n lvl 30+ what u want them to do? Grind to lvl 40 to get gold producing dragons ? They only want NEW diamonds n champions �� But we all know this players are hard to come by.

Dragon stable is fine btw but not a good solution for players who really wants to display their all hard earn dragons in the Long run.

What I suggest everything remains because s8 needs revenue still.

Solution.
1) raise current habitat 3 to 4. Example red dens now holds 4 dragons, $$ capacity still remains at $2500. We dun want newbies to get rich too early.

Gaining 1 extra dragon spot is pretty huge. With 100+ habitats means extra 100+ dragons to display it solve the senior players to display their dragons for a while.

We have to have balance in game n more importantly revenue to s8 still.
Another suggestion buying gold players. Current 500 gold habitats holds 4 dragons n max 10k. Change it to hold 5 or 6 dragons.
500 gold random habitats 6 dragons max $10k still

It will not spoil the market for s8 but I dare to say it will increase the profit of s8 instead

Offers of 500gold habitat promotion to 250gold do not attract newbies much, maybe loyal or senior players
Increasing 500gold habitat from current 4 to 6 means I can house 2 more additional dragons. It means newbie like me can buy NEW dragons in market weekly or maybe senior players can do that too if they got tired of breeding.

Either way 500gold habitat becomes an attraction, players new or senior would spend gold getting it. Esp seniors who wants to display all their dragons.

In future as we speak new dragons will get more n more. So ONLY 500gold habitat gets an upgrade
Upgrade features per 1habitat
1) current 6dragons upgrade to 7dragons 100gold(like how we upgrade small to big fire habitats)
2) current 6dragons 10k upgrade to 6dragons 20k 100gold (I am new I would definitely spend gold to upgrade 20kcap or players who do not log in hourly)

These upgrades DO give extra revenue to s8 n more important balance in DS still, for a newbie it attracts them to spend $$ to get gold or free players who dun spend $$ to get gold working their way to gold dragon or getting gold daily to spend on 500gold habitat as their aim.

DS do become really more fun to play n working towards display all dragons dream. I hope I explain it well

devlinholics
11-10-15, 08:19 PM
Btw I bought 1k+ gold, I do it to support DS when I played around 1week. Next question do u think I buy gold again, sadly my answer is no. The fun level is dropping as mention. More importantly when I know I could not display all the dragons from here( I am not at the level yet)

Stables solve something but housing my future hard earn dragons is really not the solution. DS only remains loyal n Long players who would spend gold, for a newbie to get hook to DS n spend gold, the biggest problem is when I ask my Friend to play, they would say why play when it takes forever to farm, mostly drop this game before they even reach lvl20.

Do remember my friends bought gold to speed up n stuffs but drop this game around lvl20+ n move on because of imbalance n it gets boring quick...we need newbies to grow n spend in future.

I am still sitting at 1k+ gold btw I do want to spend my gold on new dragons but the habitat is really my concern

freshfunin2008
11-10-15, 10:58 PM
I just want to know how you place almost 600 dragons into 151 habitats when diamond habitats still only hold 1 dragon and gold producing habitats only hold 2 etc etc etc. We want to display the dragons not keep them in stables and as eggs in storage. With 5 new habitats I can take current dragons out of storage but it doesn't help me if there are going to be more than 15 new dragons in the next month or so.

freshfunin2008
11-10-15, 11:01 PM
Hawk, mathematically 84 + 84 = 168. It is now 151. So yes, I call that almost double.

If so many had stopped playing, Storm 8 would have gone out of business. They haven't yet, so their products must still have a market out there.

I'm just looking at the facts, Hawk. I know the passion runs high on this issue, that is why I'm stripping it back to the bare bones.

The question that should be asked is how many new dragons came out during the time frame where there was an increase of 67 habitats. If the answer is more than 201 dragons then you can realize the issue we have here. 151 habitats for all dragons that exist is tough. Even S8 and TL can not display an isle where all dragons can be displayed in 151 habitats with out using storage or stables. I and many others are waiting for the link to where this is possible.

hiabarara
11-11-15, 01:36 AM
I am level42 I might not played DS Long like some loyal players here... But I try n explain what is the problems about playing DS from my point as a newbie...

If you want a newbie like me going Long or play,

1) clearing debris is expensive for starters, green, red dragons seriously do not earn much.
2) time to clear debris, expansion is pretty Long or build habitats.
3) new dragons coming out weekly, I can never keep up maybe I like a particular dragon but I do not have the space or everything above takes too Long
4) events... To battle you need lvl30, to mine you need 45.

If a newbie like me playing DS, yes first it got to be fun, interesting or curious about the dragons or maybe owned the dragons u wanted.

DO YOU THINK it is fun waiting 8hr to 15hr to expand, another 8hr to 15hr to clear debris( wait another few hours to get your silver), wait a few hours to get your new habitat. After few days congrats yr dragon finally is out of the nest. Rinse n repeat THIS for a few weeks or 2 months till u go to mid level 30 to battle. N later u realise every battle you are going to lose because yr dragons is not strong enough.

S8 has to earn no doubt but how many new players/customers is going through this so call learning stage before they are even at lvl20+ n they quit n move on to other game n says **** about DS. If players willing to spend $$ buy gold, speed up n when they are close to lvl 30+ buy all diamonds, champions, spend $$ on food bringing dragons to epic. After 2 weeks of buying gold customer they get bored n leave DS still why? When u have all diamonds n champions n lvl 30+ what u want them to do? Grind to lvl 40 to get gold producing dragons ? They only want NEW diamonds n champions �� But we all know this players are hard to come by.

Dragon stable is fine btw but not a good solution for players who really wants to display their all hard earn dragons in the Long run.

What I suggest everything remains because s8 needs revenue still.

Solution.
1) raise current habitat 3 to 4. Example red dens now holds 4 dragons, $$ capacity still remains at $2500. We dun want newbies to get rich too early.

Gaining 1 extra dragon spot is pretty huge. With 100+ habitats means extra 100+ dragons to display it solve the senior players to display their dragons for a while.

We have to have balance in game n more importantly revenue to s8 still.
Another suggestion buying gold players. Current 500 gold habitats holds 4 dragons n max 10k. Change it to hold 5 or 6 dragons.
500 gold random habitats 6 dragons max $10k still

It will not spoil the market for s8 but I dare to say it will increase the profit of s8 instead

Offers of 500gold habitat promotion to 250gold do not attract newbies much, maybe loyal or senior players
Increasing 500gold habitat from current 4 to 6 means I can house 2 more additional dragons. It means newbie like me can buy NEW dragons in market weekly or maybe senior players can do that too if they got tired of breeding.

Either way 500gold habitat becomes an attraction, players new or senior would spend gold getting it. Esp seniors who wants to display all their dragons.

In future as we speak new dragons will get more n more. So ONLY 500gold habitat gets an upgrade
Upgrade features per 1habitat
1) current 6dragons upgrade to 7dragons 100gold(like how we upgrade small to big fire habitats)
2) current 6dragons 10k upgrade to 6dragons 20k 100gold (I am new I would definitely spend gold to upgrade 20kcap or players who do not log in hourly)

These upgrades DO give extra revenue to s8 n more important balance in DS still, for a newbie it attracts them to spend $$ to get gold or free players who dun spend $$ to get gold working their way to gold dragon or getting gold daily to spend on 500gold habitat as their aim.

DS do become really more fun to play n working towards display all dragons dream. I hope I explain it well

I don't completely disagree with you, but personally I have to say that I don't think the long waiting time (e.g. expansions) is a problem. It's annoying as hell, that's absolutely true, but this game is not supposed to be played every minute. It's more of a time management.
I also like that you get new features at level 40 and 80. It takes a while to get there, but I'm level 100+ now and I'm sad that I don't care about experience points anymore because I have nowhere to go - All features are available. I still have a lot of land to clear and that's what keeps me going.
The whole point of a game is to level up and earn your advantages. Of course you can't win every tournament at level 32 and of course you won't have enough food to win every Dragon Tales event. But that's part of the process - Getting stronger, learning more about the game and soon enough things will get easier.

I really, really like your idea of adding +1 dragon to the basic habitats. As you said, no one wants them to increase the money the habitats can hold. As a new player you're supposed to struggle with your money (every game is like that) and that's fine, and as soon as you hit a certain level you don't care about money anymore because you have millions (billions!) of useless coins. We just need the possibility to display more dragons. I'm not sure how cramped the habitats would look, but that's another problem and I think most long-time players would deal with it for now if they just had the opportunity to feature more of their dragons.

freshfunin2008
11-11-15, 09:32 AM
Any habitat that doesn't hold 3 to 5 dragons needs to be updated to hold at least 3 dragons. I want to display them not hide them.

devlinholics
11-11-15, 07:34 PM
I don't completely disagree with you, but personally I have to say that I don't think the long waiting time (e.g. expansions) is a problem. It's annoying as hell, that's absolutely true, but this game is not supposed to be played every minute. It's more of a time management.
The whole point of a game is to level up and earn your advantages. Of course you can't win every tournament at level 32 and of course you won't have enough food to win every Dragon Tales event. But that's part of the process - Getting stronger, learning more about the game and soon enough things will get easier.

I do mention everything remains :) but upgrade habitat basic from current 3 to 4, doing this newbies like myself can buy our desire new dragons weekly.

I really, really like your idea of adding +1 dragon to the basic habitats. As you said, no one wants them to increase the money the habitats can hold. As a new player you're supposed to struggle with your money (every game is like that) and that's fine, and as soon as you hit a certain level you don't care about money anymore because you have millions (billions!) of useless coins. We just need the possibility to display more dragons. I'm not sure how cramped the habitats would look, but that's another problem and I think most long-time players would deal with it for now if they just had the opportunity to feature more of their dragons.

Your point I totally agree with you, understand the learning curve of the game, we know s8 needs to have revenue n keep balance in the game. So the plus advantage is the UPGRADE 500gold habitat I want to focus on.

If S8 remains basic habitats 3 I am fine. But their 500gold habitat gets 5-6 this is attractive. Even players might get it without waiting for 50% promo to house their dragons. This bring revenue to S8 or more players might buy gold. Balance have to be input..silver cap at 10k remains

Newbies might not get it. I mention only 500 gold habitat get an upgrade, Not basic habitat
1) after buying 500gold habitat, we can still upgrade
2) 100 gold( this is just up to S8 to decide be it 10gold to 500gold) get to house 1 additional dragon.( this feature can solve a lot of future dragons release.S8 again decide how many upgrades be it just 1 dragon or 5dragons) do take note this habitat already holds 5 or 6 dragons
3) 100gold up to s8 to decide again be it 10gold to 500gold) increase 10k cap to 20kcap, S8 decide (this feather will be attractive to newbies or players who log in 1 time a day)

500gold habitat becomes very attractive n still keep balance n more importantly revenue to s8, players save gold for gold dragon but now with this move, they might spend gold or buy gold for habitats n spend again to get upgrade to house

Balance remain, gold habitat, diamond habitat will still remain SAME up to s8 to decide, I have better solutions for gold n diamonds habitat but to release only after the current common habitat is solve. This gives players to display dragons or dragon collectors finally but again it is up to s8 to decide to just remain or they want to make this move n make players who are willing to buy gold happier

freshfunin2008
11-12-15, 01:55 PM
BTW we are still waiting to hear more about how the change from level 150 to 200 is going to affect habitat limits.

Simdiva
11-20-15, 08:51 PM
I know that this has been mentioned before but as a relatively newer player, (under a year) I definately see this as a major issue. I am currently up to 114 habitats and 20 of those are used by guess what! Diamonds! I certainly don't want to sell my diamonds, even tho I have four angels and three infinity and I believe four diamonds duplicate nor do I want to move them as they are a good part of my income. I have not yet reached the point where I am a billionaire because I am feeding Arctic dragons and whatnot but could be if I didn't do that I guess. However that's not the point here. I know it's only a matter of saving at most a few habitats but it would sure be nice if we could have diamond habitats that held three or four diamonds and produced large amounts of coin. Even if they cost gold, I know that I would be willing to buy them just to cut down on the ever growing mass of diamond habitats. The bad part is I am not done as I still need astromancer, rainbow and both blacks and I don't know if I am the only one having trouble with those but I'll digress. Please msg me privately if you have secret formulas lol as I know this is off topic.

seisurreal
11-21-15, 09:11 AM
★ Dear TL ★

The cap of 151 (not 181, edited my bad) habitats isn't enough, given the existing rate where new dragons n habitats are introduced :p Please expand the land reserves n lift the habitat cap to 200 (for now). Ty ★

athena238
11-21-15, 12:39 PM
★ Dear TL ★

The cap of 181 habitats isn't enough, given the existing rate where new dragons n habitats are introduced :p Please expand the land reserves n lift the habitat cap to 200 (for now). Ty ★
Omg I got so excited when I saw 181 so I went to check and mine says 151/151. Are you sure you have 181?

kooky panda
11-21-15, 12:48 PM
The current habitat cap is still 151.

athena238
11-21-15, 01:20 PM
The current habitat cap is still 151.

Thank you so much Kooky for responding :)

seisurreal
11-21-15, 07:46 PM
★ hi Athena238 ★

Oopsie the cap is 151 (not 181, edited my bad, apologies for momentarily happiness) :) ★

pernmagic
11-22-15, 05:57 AM
Kkkm
The bad part is I am not done as I still need astromancer, rainbow and both blacks and I don't know if I am the only one having trouble with those but I'll digress. Please msg me privately if you have secret formulas lol as I know this is off topic.

Sorry I know it's off topic but I'm enternally hunting the two black diamond hybrids as well ...... Cannot find a combo either so any suggestions would be very welcome :)

freshfunin2008
11-22-15, 06:14 PM
Night and diamond will eventually get you what you are looking for. It just may take a year to do it. You have to be patient.

pernmagic
11-24-15, 01:31 AM
Night and diamond will eventually get you what you are looking for. It just may take a year to do it. You have to be patient.
Yup thanks I've tried but will try again ...... But I have just bred Mercury with Diamond X turtle :) :)

Simdiva
11-24-15, 04:19 AM
Kkkm

Sorry I know it's off topic but I'm enternally hunting the two black diamond hybrids as well ...... Cannot find a combo either so any suggestions would be very welcome :)

Lol Pern, I, was bad and you double it! Should we compete and see who wins first lol, congrats on the Mercury brew. I'm taking my first gold off the temple tomorrow that was my toughest so far.

athena238
11-24-15, 09:30 AM
Kkkm

If it helps I got black diamond with night n deep

kooky panda
11-24-15, 10:42 AM
Guys, the thread is getting off topic. For breeding questions, you can post here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73718-Breeding-Combos-and-Questions-(-Part-III))

pernmagic
11-24-15, 11:06 AM
Sorry Kooky :(

amerirish
11-24-15, 11:22 AM
I think have just enough spaces for the many eggs I have in storage, but am worried about placing them and then totally running out of room for new dragons. Anyone else have a bunch of eggs in storage for this same reason?

freshfunin2008
11-24-15, 11:29 AM
It has almost been a full 12 months and we have only had an increase here of 11 habitats in that time frame. This is horrible for long term players. I probably don't have as many dragon eggs in storage as others but this is no way to play the game. Open it up and let us near level 200 players play. I hate not being able to display all dragons and I am waiting still as others are for TL to show us an island where the near 600 dragons are displayed in 151 habitats. Just provide the name or link so we can see with our own eyes.

amerirish
11-24-15, 11:33 AM
You know, if they would up the capacity for each existing common habitat (without spending 500 gold each) they wouldn't have to raise the limit. Or at least not right away.

Simdiva
11-24-15, 12:18 PM
I have a ton of eggs but thankfully mostly unhitched duplicates from whhels at this point. Dreading the day when I can't hatch dragons or when I have to store them. Currently using my storage for trading and moving but it has a lot if room as I have done two upgrades and yes sorry kooky I knew it was off topic

cazile81
11-24-15, 12:19 PM
Habitats are at 161 now

amerirish
11-24-15, 12:23 PM
That's fantastic news!!!! Yay!! :D

belbar22
11-24-15, 12:24 PM
Yay. Think I may pull some if my eggs out of storage finally.

freshfunin2008
11-24-15, 02:33 PM
Great it must have been easier to increase the habitat limit now by 21 in 12 months then to show us an island where ALL DRAGONS are proudly displayed. Thanks TL

kooky panda
11-24-15, 02:58 PM
Habitats are at 161 now
Wonderful!!!
:D

caramellenina
11-24-15, 07:12 PM
Woohoo! 10 more!!!:D

seisurreal
11-30-15, 05:12 PM
★ hi TL ★

Could you increase the quota of the gold habitats to +1 ? Ie have a buffer of +1 instead of having just enough habitats for 6 gold-producing dragons.

Will be good to have a spare habitat to move them around within habitats, now that we have increased habitat quota. Ty ★

blackeneddove
11-30-15, 05:36 PM
★ hi TL ★

Could you increase the quota of the gold habitats to +1 ? Ie have a buffer of +1 instead of having just enough habitats for 6 gold-producing dragons.

Will be good to have a spare habitat to move them around within habitats, now that we have increased habitat quota. Ty ★

Definitely agree with this, or maybe take the cap off of how many treasure terraces we can purchase? I know we can only have one of each gold-type dragon, but limited # of treasure terraces doesn't really make sense.

devlinholics
11-30-15, 06:09 PM
I am fine with gold habitat cap at 5 I am fine with gold dragons cap at 10 but can I suggest to have 10x gold dragons of the same since I dun really like the others gold dragon....

Sorry off topic since it about habitats :p

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 06:11 PM
Definitely agree with this, or maybe take the cap off of how many treasure terraces we can purchase? I know we can only have one of each gold-type dragon, but limited # of treasure terraces doesn't really make sense.

I agree, the limit on Treasure Terrace habitats really doesn't make sense. It doesn't limit the amount of gold players receive, they just collect more often to ensure they get the full quota. Admittedly it MIGHT be tied in with the overall limit, as I am sure the habitat limit would seem worse for players if they had another 5 slots taken up by Treasure Terraces. But on the face of it, I can't see a reason at all.

For me personally, it is still not a problem. I have 62 habitats and I'm allowed 97, so I have a way to go before I have a problem.

seisurreal
01-02-16, 02:33 AM
Hi TL

I'm getting the habitat crunch time again.. Really do need the habitats to fit in every new/revival dragon that's launched. Ty :D

freshfunin2008
01-04-16, 03:32 PM
We could use 10 more habitats please.

jjblueyes
01-04-16, 07:32 PM
Yes I concur!

jim23cash
01-06-16, 02:17 PM
I'm storing all I can for now. It seems like I'm always in panic mode before they increase habitats. Luckily, Event and Tourney prizes can go directly to storage. I'd prolly be out already if not.
It would be nice to have an increase before we all run out of room! :D Annie

freshfunin2008
01-08-16, 12:52 PM
Kooky can you pass this along. I am sure they know this but it helps to prod them.

Jrod333
01-08-16, 03:39 PM
Yes we definitely need more. I just sold off map & apple habitats to buy 2 of the new ones. Didn't have either map or apple dragons yet anyway because android was never given the sale price yet on them. Anyway maxed out on all 4 dragon habitats. Only ones left are 3s can't upgrade. TL should have made new ones have royal type to eliminate royal 3 dragon habitats. Can't help but complain, this company uses no logic :-/

seisurreal
01-09-16, 04:10 AM
★ Dear TL ★

Everytime a new habitat is launched, we got frustrated n agonize over the limitations. ★

Please help us to fix the necessary...★

If there is a big issue in habitats / land, please allow us to store the dragons, in the same manner as we store stuff in Castle Story.. You don't hear that many or frequent complaints from CS players regarding this :p ★ Ty ★

freshfunin2008
01-11-16, 01:43 PM
I am about to place my 161 st one and I need to know if we are going to have an increase. Why prohibit us from playing the game.????????????????

Jrod333
01-11-16, 04:03 PM
I am about to place my 161 st one and I need to know if we are going to have an increase. Why prohibit us from playing the game.????????????????

I really believe that they like messing with us, and like making us angry with them, more so with Android. They knew so many of us saved up 999 land pieces and begged for mine reopened for food, yet they added land the other way. When they raised the lv cap, a mod said first comes the levels as the most vague hint ever because we said they wouldn't respond. Well first came the levels many moons ago, no new crops, no new nothing, just more and more dragons. There's many other obvious things as well. They'll raise the cap once the habitat goes up to 500 gold. Just like they always do and just like they finally gave Android the map and apple dragons after the sale was done. I'd like to buy those 2 dragons but I refuse to pay 1600 a piece when iOS got both for 1200. I said it before they should have quit messing around and unlocked the mine adding another 20 and added land the map request way to give us much more expansion in all directions. Come to find out the land they did give is only half available. Also we've needed better crops since the first feeding changes, and that was just for lv 10. Now we have up to lv 15 and still no new crops is just insane. They know what they need to do and should just do it already, instead of screwing their customers

freshfunin2008
01-12-16, 10:48 AM
Please increase the cap and open up all land on new area.

freshfunin2008
01-13-16, 11:19 AM
When is the increase coming? Why do you make it so hard to play and plan with no response??

debhutchinson
01-14-16, 03:50 PM
This is probably the longest shot to the neighboring galaxy and back, bordering on laughable, but if we could only utilize our bazillion coins for the 3rd habitat upgrade instead (you could even make it cost 5 million and above, bring it on) and make the gold price tag on a new 4th level then maybe people wouldn't be begging back and forth for an expansion/habitat limit cycle.

But then again, they seem to love complaints so why bother creating a long-term solution right?

ETA: Obviously I didn't really think that through so it may or may not work at all lol but just saying, the players shouldn't even be begging for space to display their dragons.

I remember when the Arctic opened up and it was 500,000 coins to boost the breed over there. Wow that was an awesome use of coins!! But on the subject of 3 verses 4-dragon habitats, 4-dragon habitats will not solve our housing crisis. I have every possible 4-dragon habitat and still I have dragons in the Stables and some unhatched in Storage. In my opinion, we need:

1) to be able to move our bought-for-gold habitats into and out of Storage.

2) to be able to put more dragons in the Stables (the current Max is 80 dragons).

3) We need an increase to the habitat maximum. I had to pass on many habitats that I wanted to buy because I was at habitat maximum. Now those habitats are no longer on sale.

4) Please help us clean up our duplicates. Put a big 1, 2 or 3 in our Albums. Right now I have to press each dragon individually to see if I have just 1 or 2. This is very tiring once a person has a lot of dragons. I have at least 590!!

At least we have enough land now. Thanks for that much TL and to the recent 3 and 10 to habitat maximum increases.

Regards, Deb

590/594 unique dragons
50/80 dragons in the Stables
Who knows how many unique eggs in Storage?
General chaos as to what duplicates I might have (It's like find Waldo but he isn't wearing a red ******d shirt)

Jrod333
01-15-16, 01:23 PM
No they'd rather give us new dragons with their own special habitat. It's cool and all but the cap should have went up. I have almost the same amount of dragons, and guess what on Android no album at all. Just a shadow of the album image with the words COMING SOON over it for the last year, plus I haven't been able to access my own arctic isles in the last year and a half. No apple or map dragon because TL doesn't think android should have the sale price, my mine is closed, value packs are useless dragons, re-release of re-release. I already bought the 3 champion types and avatar dragon at full price from the market, on Android, plus much more, please give us the map and apple dragon sale. Also we need land, more habitats and better food. Wth are you TL mods doing for us? If you have direct access to this company shouldn't you be telling them what we need and trying to get these things? I'm sure most you mods play ios so you don't have some of the issues but what do you guys do just say nothing and test and go along with everything they say and do? I'm asking a serious question because either they don't care or don't know, or nobody is pushing or trying for us. When I test for a dev, I tell them we need or would like this or that, or this is broke, or this isn't right. Nothing that people are asking for are even closely responded to as far as game activity, it's like they have no idea or don't care

freshfunin2008
01-15-16, 04:55 PM
Can someone give us an update? Is it really that difficult to communicate with customers?

Jrod333
01-15-16, 07:29 PM
Can someone give us an update? Is it really that difficult to communicate with customers?

There actions technically is an update. We ask for land and habitats, some kind of response, crops. They give us no crops, no habitats and no response, but they give us another dragon that we need a habitat slot for. Guess there's are answer.

freshfunin2008
01-18-16, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone! Is there any old time players out there that have all the dragons displayed into 161 habitats? I would like to see your island if you do? I have asked TL / S8 to provide an island or address where we can see this. I got no responses. I sure would like to see it some day. I was thinking if you bought a 4 dragon habitat for every color it might be possible. I just have not seen it yet. Has anyone done this yet?

Jrod333
01-18-16, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone! Is there any old time players out there that have all the dragons displayed into 161 habitats? I would like to see your island if you do? I have asked TL / S8 to provide an island or address where we can see this. I got no responses. I sure would like to see it some day. I was thinking if you bought a 4 dragon habitat for every color it might be possible. I just have not seen it yet. Has anyone done this yet?

It's probably very close . I have 570 different dragons , all displayed , and can easily fit another 50 . The dragons I'm missing the most of are champion types while I played on Android, about 20 . For those I would need to buy 4 more 4 dragon champ habitats . All the other dragons I'm missing have a spot waiting in hopes that TL releases them to us . I sent you a request and pm in the game . Also I have a few neighbors that easily have all or almost all displayed, as they have all the ones I have and I'm missing displayed . If TL would only add 4 dragon habitats for stone , Dino , royal and fairytale it would help more

Jrod333
01-20-16, 12:32 AM
I remember when the Arctic opened up and it was 500,000 coins to boost the breed over there. Wow that was an awesome use of coins!! But on the subject of 3 verses 4-dragon habitats, 4-dragon habitats will not solve our housing crisis. I have every possible 4-dragon habitat and still I have dragons in the Stables and some unhatched in Storage. In my opinion, we need:

1) to be able to move our bought-for-gold habitats into and out of Storage.

2) to be able to put more dragons in the Stables (the current Max is 80 dragons).

3) We need an increase to the habitat maximum. I had to pass on many habitats that I wanted to buy because I was at habitat maximum. Now those habitats are no longer on sale.

4) Please help us clean up our duplicates. Put a big 1, 2 or 3 in our Albums. Right now I have to press each dragon individually to see if I have just 1 or 2. This is very tiring once a person has a lot of dragons. I have at least 590!!

At least we have enough land now. Thanks for that much TL and to the recent 3 and 10 to habitat maximum increases.

Regards, Deb

590/594 unique dragons
50/80 dragons in the Stables
Who knows how many unique eggs in Storage?
General chaos as to what duplicates I might have (It's like find Waldo but he isn't wearing a red ******d shirt)

You still have 19 3 dragon habitats that can be traded for 4 dragon habitats . I'm not telling you what to do but trust me you can strategically fit 19 more dragons that I can see at quick glance , probably more . I'd love to have been able to keep 1 of all the special 3 dragon habitats, and metal , fairytale and royal types on their habitats , but in the end trying to display every dragon you can't . Stone and Dino are the only types with only 3 dragon habitats that I have 2 of , but no choice, there's 4 solo symbol dragons and no 4 dragon habitats available yet . If TL would release 4 dragon metal , stone , Dino and royal that would be great .

seisurreal
01-21-16, 08:44 AM
Hi TL

Need more land please, OR give us the option to store our dragons (like Castle Story) :p

freshfunin2008
01-26-16, 12:09 PM
Need more habitats for those who can not afford to buy habitats that hold 4 dragons each.

Hawk1
01-26-16, 12:17 PM
500 gold to upgrade habitats that one has already bought seems ridiculously greedy, come on S8 lower the price so we can upgrade habitats if you aren't going to give more space and up the habitat limit.

freshfunin2008
01-27-16, 03:45 PM
I had a dream that Flatfoot came on here and said there was a habitat limit increase and then I awoke and realized it was just wishful thinking... We should take a poll and try and determined how many weeks will we have to wait for an increase.

freshfunin2008
01-29-16, 08:50 AM
Slumberland - New Habitat! I went to buy it today and then I realized I was maxed out. I wonder how much GOLD S8 misses out on for those who are up against a ridiculous cap. I guess some would say sell dragons or sell an existing habitat to make room but I don't think we should have to play like that.

caramellenina
01-29-16, 11:38 AM
What? Hello....10 more habitats - whoop, whoop! Thanks TL! ;)

kooky panda
01-29-16, 11:50 AM
Slumberland - New Habitat! I went to buy it today and then I realized I was maxed out. I wonder how much GOLD S8 misses out on for those who are up against a ridiculous cap. I guess some would say sell dragons or sell an existing habitat to make room but I don't think we should have to play like that.

They heard you !! 10 more added! Now go get that new Habitat!!

freshfunin2008
01-29-16, 12:11 PM

Thanks Kooky! Better late than never.

meoconlunar
01-29-16, 12:16 PM
and we can expand more ~ Good news ;)

random59
01-29-16, 12:22 PM
Great news about the habitat increase! :)

amerirish
01-29-16, 12:24 PM
Whooo hooo!! Maybe now I can pull some of my eggs out of storage :D I have 19 unique eggs waiting to be hatched!

freshfunin2008
01-29-16, 02:10 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Habitat bought. It should not be this difficult to play.

amerirish
01-29-16, 06:44 PM
Ooohh, there are 10 more spaces to expand to also!!! #happydance :D

PepperWoo
01-29-16, 07:25 PM
What level opens up 171 habitat slots?

Bastiaan0
01-31-16, 04:14 AM

175, at least ;)

PepperWoo
01-31-16, 04:27 AM
175, at least ;)

Thanks! Now I know why I'm missing one slot. :)

U1timate
02-05-16, 05:54 PM
There should be more habitats to fit all diamonds in their own habitats

Bastiaan0
02-10-16, 09:40 AM

175, at least ;)

That is level 175 exactly ;) Just leveled up and got the extra habitat slot.

seisurreal
02-12-16, 12:14 AM
Hi TL ★

Please give us the option to store our dragons similar to Castle Story (CS). They never run out of space, and items (including dragons, cats/dogs, buildings, decorations) can be brought out easily from the CS Store anytime.

Please list the inventory in descending order (again like CS) so that we can find them easily in our own store! Thank you! :D ★

pattymimi
02-24-16, 04:37 AM
What we need is a diamond 4 dragon habbitat.and more land to mine.

freshfunin2008
02-24-16, 03:59 PM
yes increase the habitat cap and open up mining for more land expansions.

naga2keren
02-25-16, 07:34 AM
and we can expand more ~ Good news ;)

You are in level 200. Pls tell me what the max number of habitat you can have in level 200.
Thank you

freshfunin2008
02-25-16, 08:47 AM
presently the max is 171. I think once you are over 175 or so you are in the range of the top level. I am only 194 or so and I have almost seemed to have the max cap for quite some time now.

seisurreal
03-04-16, 06:31 PM
Hi TL ★

I'm at my maxed once more. Please help! I want to buy the latest habitats, and you know that! ★ :P

freshfunin2008
03-08-16, 02:45 PM
Maybe your gold is no good here. Well until they open it up for you.

Jrod333
03-08-16, 05:04 PM
I'm having some serious deja vu

freshfunin2008
03-09-16, 12:06 PM
they are a little slow but when they finally realize people can not buy new habitats that cost 250 gold maybe they will loosen up the tightness here.

jjblueyes
03-10-16, 12:54 AM
Oh we always seem to meet up here don't we jrod/freshfun....wish it wasn't because we are stuck or close to stuck in our game play...

Jen

freshfunin2008
03-18-16, 09:31 AM
Come on TL and S8 it is time to give us a few more maybe 5 or 10.

caramellenina
03-21-16, 01:06 PM
I'd like to purchase the Emerald Isle for the current event we're playing. Be nice if S8 would up the habitat limit! :D

freshfunin2008
03-21-16, 03:28 PM
yes it would be nice to increase it one of these days

seisurreal
03-21-16, 06:08 PM
Hi TL ★

I have stopped showcasing the dragons won from tourney or spins.. as I know I will be clogging myself eventually as there will be out of habitat/land space after that. What good is there to play DS, if we are constantly storing them up?

Could you consider storing the dragons and habitats like how you do for Castle Story (CS)? In CS, there is no stable to store the alicorns or horses at all.. all animals and building can all be parked in storage, and can be resuscitated or brought up anytime when you take them out lol! Codes can be recycled.. please make full use them!

Do care for us, the caretakers! ★

In return, we will buy more gold from you, and that is more revenue for you! ty! ★

Kennedward
03-22-16, 06:28 AM
Hi TL ★

I have stopped showcasing the dragons won from tourney or spins.. as I know I will be clogging myself eventually as there will be out of habitat/land space after that. What good is there to play DS, if we are constantly storing them up?

Could you consider storing the dragons and habitats like how you do for Castle Story (CS)? In CS, there is no stable to store the alicorns or horses at all.. all animals and building can all be parked in storage, and can be resuscitated or brought up anytime when you take them out lol! Codes can be recycled.. please make full use them!

Do care for us, the caretakers! ★

In return, we will buy more gold from you, and that is more revenue for you! ty! ★

Agreed, hence why more habitats are needed when there's so many dragons in the game