PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek, Musings and Speculation about upcoming new story content

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SpiritWind00
08-06-15, 06:57 PM
The previous sneak peek thread has reached 100 pages so it's time for a new one!

:) SW

sourp4tch
08-06-15, 07:21 PM
Oh, it did? Cool!

amerirish
08-12-15, 07:32 AM
I hope the monster hunt picks back up tomorrow :)

sunnygirl634
08-12-15, 08:26 AM
Oh, it did? Cool!

Does the picture mean we will return to the faerie story tomorrow? Please can we use the faerie building materials? Please?

sircatalot
08-13-15, 04:53 AM
Oh I hope not faeries..still trying very hard to get to that point in the game. It makes me so sad when I can't participate in a quest or update due to where I am in the game.

nessa005
08-13-15, 06:58 AM
I wonder what time S8 is having lunch today? Maybe brunch on a Thursday would be a better idea.

tuffyjkitten
08-13-15, 09:20 AM
I hope it's an update that doesn't apply to me. I'm a bit over this game right now and dont want to feel compelled to play. The jousting arena upgrades are beyond ridiculous and make me mad even though I'm not doing them.

labsandboxers
08-13-15, 09:39 AM
i'm hoping for an update. i'm done with the jousting working on brushes would like something else

kooky panda
08-13-15, 10:29 AM
Just got word that there will be a small update today! Yeah!

amerirish
08-13-15, 10:35 AM
Just got word that there will be a small update today! Yeah!

Yay! :D do you know when it'll come out?

kooky panda
08-13-15, 10:57 AM
I did not hear about any delays, so I think the regular time. 12:00 Pm S8 time.

You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone (PST).

amerirish
08-13-15, 11:09 AM
Thanks kooky!!! :D

memphisgirl
08-13-15, 11:35 AM
Maybe new items in market:)!
Hope its not another value pack:(

meme1098
08-13-15, 11:36 AM
There's a thread started for the update. Looks timed.

kooky panda
08-13-15, 12:32 PM
New Update thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83928-Castle-Story-08-13-Update)

icydove
08-19-15, 08:36 AM
So, I'm a little confused about the enchanted blocks/beams in regard to the upcoming update. You have to be level 17 to participate, but enchanted items are level 19.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-19-15, 09:34 AM
Seriously700~ I'm liking your ideas tacked onto mine in the closed Horse Training thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83928-Castle-Story-08-13-Update-Horse-Training&p=1159344&viewfull=1#post1159344). :)
You're probably right - definitely gonna see some walls (fences) & some kinda paths, cuz TL luuuuuuuuuuvs those, lol.
...and I have some of those horseshoes left over from St. Patrick's '14, too, but those were lucky, lol...if we have to collect horseshoes for the prizes, it'll be like events of the past and they won't hit our inventories but instead, add to the individual (& community) counter on the right. 'Tis a shame, too- I *still* want those grapes from the vineyard event to be in my inventory!
(& wine, jam etc etc to MAKE with 'em, lol)
Definitely hoping for something to craft this go 'round... Just collecting stuff (for the prizes AND for the upgrades on whatever building) gets a bit tedious and kinda boring after a couple of days.
*fingers crossed* for more to do.

Ps. icydove ~ you've got a really good point there about the Enchanted stuff! Hmm...

BuddyB111
08-19-15, 02:51 PM
I feel like a bit of a twit. I only started taking part in some of the challenges a few months ago, so it never even occurred to me that the fancy beams and blocks were to be used in a later update. I used them to build something else as I am still working my way through the story line. I can make more in time for the next update, but I don't have Sir Daisy yet either. I've still got about 10 mitts to make. Do you think the next challenge will expect players to have Sir Daisy?

Plus I don't understand why people are talking about Enchanted blocks and beams. What am I missing? :confused:

SpiritWind00
08-19-15, 04:11 PM
Enchanted block and beam were the rewards for the mini goal last week and a bottle of lumin essence. It's only my guess, but no way would it include Sir Daisy. It looks like we get quite a few weeks to finish a core story quest line.

As I see it, every event has been aimed at players from level 15. So, it can't have items that cannot be crafted at that level. I've saved an alicorn or 2 to have a bit of spare energy to burn. Bring on update day! :)

BuddyB111
08-19-15, 04:51 PM
That's great news then! I'm crafting Enchanted beams and blocks for the Griselda story line, so I will save them until we find out what happens next. :)

ait_vedan
08-20-15, 07:40 AM
I can't wait for the update! I'm really excited to see what will happen. I saved sugar in case it has to do with horses and I have plenty horsehair. Also good on the enchanted stuff, so let the update come!
🐴😎🐴😎🐴😎

kooky panda
08-20-15, 02:00 PM
New Update 8-20-2015 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?84075-Castle-Story-08-20-Update-Equestrian-Race-Event!/page9)

55lee55
09-03-15, 08:50 AM
Unlocked again. Does this mean we might get an update today? Last week was a sale. Will today be another yawn update? Is anyone else besides me really tired of horseshoes and brown horses? Just can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for updates like I had in the good old days when the artwork was awesome and the storyline was interesting. Not much to look forward to nowadays. Is anyone even here?

Rickmz
09-03-15, 09:41 AM
Unlocked again. Does this mean we might get an update today? Last week was a sale. Will today be another yawn update? Is anyone else besides me really tired of horseshoes and brown horses? Just can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for updates like I had in the good old days when the artwork was awesome and the storyline was interesting. Not much to look forward to nowadays. Is anyone even here?

I hear you, it's not the same since the wedding alicorn fiasco........

coolssp
09-03-15, 09:57 AM
I hope they reintroduce Alicorns for players like me who started playing after VDay... Would really love to have that extra energy to complete quests... I'm just waiting for few more ignots to upgrade to level 5... Got my Sir Daisy and have finished most of the unofficial goals...

kooky panda
09-03-15, 11:00 AM
New Update (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?84455-Castle-Story-09-03-Update)

nikkimommy2014
09-09-15, 06:49 PM
New update said something about an event with sir piggy with a truffle patch pig pen and new pet piggy!

tabskingdom
09-09-15, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know anything about the new update it says something about finding out why barons so mean to sir pigglesworth and something about getting another lil piggy sir hamlet does anyone know how to start the event or if it will start automatically thanks I already did the update but nothing has started so I'm not sure if it's time or I have to wait but that lil pig is so cute I don't want to miss out on him the pic has a description of the update and the new pic for CS

SpiritWind00
09-09-15, 07:23 PM
New update said something about an event with sir piggy with a truffle patch pig pen and new pet piggy!

Wow, that does look interesting. Thanks for posting the update. Off to update my app!

meme1098
09-09-15, 07:23 PM
Guess there's a new update coming tomorrow and requirements are that you update the app.

meme1098
09-09-15, 07:25 PM
Mine updates automatically & has done so already. Probably the requirement for Thursday's new update.

New splash screen!

The app pic has changed too.

Lunaticus
09-09-15, 08:58 PM
App update for iOS only? No update triggered for mine (android)

stargaze91
09-09-15, 09:00 PM
Wow .Sir hamlet looks so cute !! I'm looking forward to this update

icastled
09-09-15, 10:51 PM
Is anyone else seeing this "free gift" icon between the splash screen and the messages screen? I can't get it to do anything and it disappears very quickly.

stargaze91
09-09-15, 11:22 PM
Is anyone else seeing this "free gift" icon between the splash screen and the messages screen? I can't get it to do anything and it disappears very quickly.

I got the free gift icon for less than a second too...don't know what it is for yet

SpiritWind00
09-09-15, 11:29 PM
Remember with each update may come more issues with loading ability. Now's the time to make sure your device is operating at maximum capacity! Make sure you have some memory free on your device. Can't wait. That pic above is interesting too. More new things to write about! Housework out on hold yet again.... Oh no!

ait_vedan
09-10-15, 12:07 AM
I can't wait! I updated the game and I'm ready for anything as long as it doesn't involve more poobags 😝

mreames
09-10-15, 12:39 AM
A new event according to the update description. :) Sir Hamlet, truffle trove, Sir Pigglesworth's Pen.... Now to see what kind of event. Lol

icastled
09-10-15, 12:43 AM

If it's the same as Farm Story 2, when the update triggers, it will give a chance to watch ads for coins and possibly gems. Don't know for sure because the videos won't load on FS2.

GaSaKaDa
09-10-15, 01:11 AM
Glad I'm not the only one seeing that 'Free Gift' pop up and disappear, thought I was going mad !

stargaze91
09-10-15, 01:56 AM
My game got stuck up while loading.but I got enough time to click on the 'free gift' icon .This is what I got

katbtodd
09-10-15, 02:04 AM
My free gift disappeared to fast , could not even see what it was

Sandybellee
09-10-15, 03:04 AM
This all looks very exciting! I only hope we don't need to have Sir Pigglesworth for the event. I haven't got a golden apple yet from the magic garden and my knights haven't brought me an apple tree.

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 03:14 AM
Watch a video and earn a null? :rolleyes: excited :) hope it gives gem :D

Wonkaland99
09-10-15, 05:11 AM
I am on Android, and still playing CS Winter. I have never been able to update to Spring, but so far it has not affected my game,
Hopefully the new update will be available to me.

jbfps116
09-10-15, 05:33 AM
you can't do the gift yet cause it's not out yet, at least where I am in Beijing

meme1098
09-10-15, 06:37 AM
you can't do the gift yet cause it's not out yet, at least where I am in Beijing

It should appear around update time. This is in some of S8s other games. Tap to watch a 10-20 second video and get a gem...up to 10 gems per day. Sometimes the video may have a problem loading (message will pop up) but just force close & try again. You don't really have to 'watch' the video. Just let it play to the end while doing something else. Then tap the 'X' in the upper corner to get the gem & play another. Mostly game promotions.

tuffyjkitten
09-10-15, 09:21 AM
It should appear around update time. This is in some of S8s other games. Tap to watch a 10-20 second video and get a gem...up to 10 gems per day. Sometimes the video may have a problem loading (message will pop up) but just force close & try again. You don't really have to 'watch' the video. Just let it play to the end while doing something else. Then tap the 'X' in the upper corner to get the gem & play another. Mostly game promotions.

FS2 only let me watch 3 videos for gems today. It's still an easy way to get gems.

29vanilla
09-10-15, 09:47 AM
I watch a video it adds a gem then after a few seconds it takes the gem away. Almost everytime!!!!!! In Restaurant Story.

danzplace
09-10-15, 09:54 AM
Anyone notice on their device that the drop images are smaller now. Not quantity, but image size? I like it.

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 10:16 AM
We will get another little pig lol I hope this one is as good as sir piggie worth

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 10:19 AM
I just found out that I can not sell the trees or rocks. Was it like that before? I do remember that I can sell them. Maybe I am wrong. :D

katbtodd
09-10-15, 10:25 AM
I just found out that I can not sell the trees or rocks. Was it like that before? I do remember that I can sell them. Maybe I am wrong. :D

in my game it seems if I bought them I could sell them for 0 amount ,,but if I open up land and they were there I could not

stargaze91

The ones which you buy ,you can sell ( but mostly for 0 coins :) ) the ones which you get from expansions can't be sold

AnniePMH

You can't sell trees or rocks that you've got when you expand to a new square. Those you buy in market, you can sell:)

Edit: Lol, three forum posts with the same content at the same time must be a record:p
Edit 2: Make that four posts at the same time, lolol!

Seriously700

I believe that if you purchase a tree or rock formation from the market, you can sell it. If you get the tree or rock from an expansion, it cannot be sold. I had some saplings I had purchased, and I still have sale option for them. But my other trees do not have the option.

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 10:26 AM
Thank you all for quick help :D :D:D

AnniePMH
09-10-15, 10:30 AM
Thank you all for quick help :D :D:D

You're very welcome! LOL!:D

55lee55
09-10-15, 11:22 AM
Not sure what the free gift was about, but I suspect it will become active when the update is released. Maybe they were testing it? I wouldn't worry until update time, and it it is still not working correctly, I guess we can write support.

I have over 20 GB memory left on my iPad mini, and have removed the background programs as I don't need them to run there, and it is still crashing now, albeit later than many with iPad minis. I have written support, but have only received a canned response so far. Seems to be a nearly universal problem with the minis.

I am looking forward to the update for today. I feel for those who may not have played long enough to be able to play the update, but if it is part of the main storyline it will come up for you when you reach the point where it belongs. Don't fear, usually only the nonessential updates are released for those who are far enough in the story to enjoy them. Even then, it is not required to finish nonessential quests, even if you are far enough along. If a new pig is released in our kingdoms, everyone will will eventually get to the point where they can get him.

For the first time since they have messed with the log in screen, I actually like the new one. Of course, the artist somehow decided to put background fog in the lady ruler's hair, which should be in the foreground and not foggy, but it isn't too annoying and the rest of the screen is quite nice. Not sure if I care for the littering the screen with more stuff, as in the free gift of watching a video, but if it allows those who don't buy gems to earn them, as it has been suggestd, then I can put up with a small amount of screen litter to help those folks. Sure wish they would hire artists on the caliber of the original artists, but guess we can't have everything. Just musing.

CrystalAura
09-10-15, 11:39 AM
I can't believe they made a new log in screen but didn't fix the castle...

ait_vedan
09-10-15, 11:52 AM
I can't believe they made a new log in screen but didn't fix the castle...

What is wrong with the castle?

katbtodd
09-10-15, 12:03 PM
Thinking it's going to be late today

mreames
09-10-15, 12:04 PM
Thinking it's going to be late today

Says its scheduled for 1:00 pm release in the update thread.

meme1098
09-10-15, 12:04 PM
What is wrong with the castle?

It's leaning...lol. There's some party going on in there...lol

Ah, so it's gonna be an hour late.

katbtodd
09-10-15, 12:09 PM

Thanks I didn't see that ,

CrystalAura
09-10-15, 12:09 PM
It is tended/tilted (I don't know if this is the right English word for it) to the right and it bugs me everytime I see it. :p

meme1098
09-10-15, 12:13 PM
It is tended/tilted (I don't know if this is the right English word for it) to the right and it bugs me everytime I see it. :p

Yea...its leaning to the right a bit. As I said above one major party going on inside those walls...lol

55lee55
09-10-15, 12:15 PM
Is that 1:00 pm Pacific time? If so, at least we aren't left hanging with another "there will be a delay".

I don't think they put too much effort into the log on screen. The castle has always leaned, and previous changes have been less than artistically acccurate or attractive, in my opinion. At least this last one has something to do with castles and royalty, even if the artist is unaware of how to place fog in the background, and not in the foreground characters hair. It has more to do with a Castle Story. I like it better. The draperies look royal, at any rate. I never did understand the trees in the original screen. Yes, I too wish they had taken the effort to straighten the castle.

At least it appears that we are done with the herds of horses for a while, but I could be wrong. I can wait an hour for the update.

meme1098
09-10-15, 12:18 PM
Is that 1:00 pm Pacific time? If so, at least we aren't left hanging with another "there will be a delay".

I don't think they put too much effort into the log on screen. The castle has always leaned, and previous changes have been less than artistically acccurate or attractive, in my opinion. At least this last one has something to do with castles and royalty, even if the artist is unaware of how to place fog in the background, and not in the foreground characters hair. It has more to do wit a Castle Story than any but the original. I like it better.

At least it appears that we are done with the herds of horses for a while, but I could be wrong. I can wait an hour for the update.

That would be Pacific so 1 hour late. Guess that's why the update thread is closed so everyone doesn't post there about the delay...lol

Ash1780
09-10-15, 12:34 PM
I agree completely on both points
I can't wait to see what lil Pigglesworth is up to.
AND I love the change of icon & screen (the baby piglet is so cute):D

Not sure what the free gift was about, but I suspect it will become active when the update is released. Maybe they were testing it? I wouldn't worry until update time, and it it is still not working correctly, I guess we can write support.

For the first time since they have messed with the log in screen, I actually like the new one. Of course, the artist somehow decided to put background fog in the lady ruler's hair, which should be in the foreground and not foggy, but it isn't too annoying and the rest of the screen is quite nice. Not sure if I care for the littering the screen with more stuff, as in the free gift of watching a video, but if it allows those who don't buy gems to earn them, as it has been suggestd, then I can put up with a small amount of screen litter to help those folks. Sure wish they would hire artists on the caliber of the original artists, but guess we can't have everything. Just musing.

plby
09-10-15, 12:43 PM
The free gift looks like the 'watch a video add to earn a free gem' feature they have in some other games. If it is, it needs a 'no' option.

perry5
09-10-15, 12:44 PM
The Free Gift: watch a video promoting a game and get 1 free gem. You can do more than 1.

perry5
09-10-15, 12:46 PM
The free gift looks like the 'watch a video add to earn a free gem' feature they have in some other games. If it is, it needs a 'no' option.
You can choose to not watch the video...just don't click on it. Since I typically don't buy gems, I'll take any option to earn a few that might give me the option to purchase or speed something up at some point in the future!

plby
09-10-15, 12:50 PM
Doesn't matter how many we can do or not, to me it's still unwanted clutter on the phone screen. There should be an option to opt out of getting the videos.

CrystalAura
09-10-15, 12:53 PM
I just watched three of the videos and got 2 energy for each of them.

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 12:54 PM
Oh no, no gem, no watching :(

plby
09-10-15, 12:55 PM
I just watched three of the videos and got 2 energy for each of them.

Energy and gems, or just energy? the one in my game says one gem if I watch it.

matrixkitten
09-10-15, 12:56 PM
Mine is offering only 1 energy. Not worth my time. Instead of watching a 30 second video, I'll just wait the 3 minutes to regenerate while doing something more productive with my time.

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 12:57 PM
Mine disappeared just before the message showing up :(

globe1234
For me only energy

dragon2046
Doesn't matter how many we can do or not, to me it's still unwanted clutter on the phone screen. There should be an option to opt out of getting the videos.

If u watch them the icon will go away. They are really short and free gems so I'll take it ! :)

meme1098
09-10-15, 12:58 PM
Energy and gems, or just energy? the one in my game says one gem if I watch it.

Mine is energy. It's adding to my energy counter. Better check the window if you think you're getting gems.

Mine is offering only 1 energy. Not worth my time. Instead of watching a 30 second video, I'll just wait the 3 minutes to regenerate while doing something more productive with my time.

I just let the videos play while I'm doing something else, checking email, FarceBook on my computer, going to empty the dryer....

Castloninian
09-10-15, 01:00 PM
I was able to watch 7 or 8 for gems today, more coming tomorrow. Maybe they will rotate the rewards.

meme1098
09-10-15, 01:00 PM
I was able to watch 7 or 8 for gems today, more coming tomorrow. Maybe they will rotate the rewards.

So you got gems??? Not energy??? Wait a minute here....lol
In one of the other games I play, you get 10 gems per day. Maybe it was 10

Hoping you're right about the rotation thing. Maybe tomorrow it'll be gems for me. Better be, anyway...lol

ktorewqas
09-10-15, 01:03 PM
Game is on :D

Castloninian
09-10-15, 01:05 PM
So you got gems??? Not energy??? Wait a minute here....lol
In one of the other games I play, you get 10 gems per day. Maybe it was 10

Hoping you're right about the rotation thing. Maybe tomorrow it'll be gems for me. Better be, anyway...lol
Definitely gems and definitely not 10. But 7 or 8 a day is fine with me :).

meme1098
09-10-15, 01:05 PM
Not in the goal book...ok

AnniePMH
09-10-15, 01:08 PM
Lol, in the first cow goal, Alis worked for me too:D

Then it's harvest corn.

meme1098
09-10-15, 01:08 PM
Oh, geez....harvest corn...Ugh!!!!

mreames
09-10-15, 01:09 PM
Oh, geez....harvest corn...Ugh!!!!

Just 40 lol

AnniePMH
09-10-15, 01:11 PM
I'm happy it's corn...:p

Something with flowerbeds after that, it says...

meme1098
09-10-15, 01:12 PM
Wonder if someone's gonna open the new goal thread????
We could be posting steps there instead:confused:

PikaSquirrel
09-10-15, 01:12 PM
Update thread is open now!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84605-Castle-Story-09-10-Update

katbtodd
09-17-15, 12:12 PM
Running late again I see,,, can't believe there another up date and on the faerie bulb ..where so many are not done with it

PikaSquirrel
09-17-15, 12:15 PM
Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. We'll open this week's update thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84776-Castle-Story-09-17-Update) once the update is live.

vednir
09-17-15, 12:33 PM
Looks like no great rush as the faerie bulb needs to be upgraded to level 5 before you can even begin.

PikaSquirrel
09-17-15, 12:48 PM
Update is live! :)

kooky panda
09-24-15, 12:53 PM
9-24-15 update thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84982-Castle-Story-09-24-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-2/page3)

kooky panda
10-01-15, 01:26 PM
-Castle-Story-10-01-Update-Trick-or-Treat (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85166-Castle-Story-10-01-Update-Trick-or-Treat)!

labsandboxers
10-07-15, 04:40 PM
My wish right now is to be able to go door to door and get living wood for my treat ����

amerirish
10-08-15, 10:59 AM
Anyone know if there will be an update today?

katbtodd
10-08-15, 11:03 AM
Anyone know if there will be an update today?

Please,please no,,

meme1098
10-08-15, 11:04 AM
Please,please no,,

I'm kinda burned out right now with the frequent tapping of an orphanage that appears to be another resource wasted building.

katbtodd
10-08-15, 11:08 AM
I'm kinda burned out right now with the frequent tapping of an orphanage that appears to be another resource wasted building.

I hear you,,, we need a fun up date ..soon .

amerirish
10-08-15, 11:08 AM
Sorry that I used the "U-word", lol

I was just asking because I have been storing energy just in case. Doesn't matter to me if we get an update today or not. Just curious :)

katbtodd
10-08-15, 11:12 AM
Sorry that I used the "U-word", lol

I was just asking because I have been storing energy just in case. Doesn't matter to me if we get an update today or not. Just curious :)

This is the first time in CS history they have released up date during events ,,

mreames
10-08-15, 11:47 AM
Actually, I was kind of hoping we WOULD get something new.... Something that makes sense of what we already have.
The orphanage doesn't even increase its coin drops as its upgraded so there really has to be more to it. Lol

mreames
10-08-15, 11:49 AM
This is the first time in CS history they have released up date during events ,,

I thought there were updates during events before that helped, dare I use the words... Helped to get further ahead in the event. Lol

meme1098
10-08-15, 12:09 PM
So, glad I hadn't put Thomas' place in storage yet...lol.

And what's with all the timers lately. :confused:

shannonwolf
10-08-15, 12:10 PM
Actually, I was kind of hoping we WOULD get something new.... Something that makes sense of what we already have.
The orphanage doesn't even increase its coin drops as its upgraded so there really has to be more to it. Lol

Just got a new story line "Spooky Flight" 7 day timer. - Hopefull

ktorewqas
10-08-15, 12:13 PM
It's a re-release story I think

ktorewqas
10-08-15, 12:14 PM
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?60315-Castle-Story-10-24-2013-Update
I think it's this one

M1mi04
10-08-15, 01:13 PM
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?60315-Castle-Story-10-24-2013-Update
I think it's this one

Right! I knew it sounded familiar! Hope we won't have to caft another glimmerbat habitat in order to get the glimmer bat..
I didn't get enough time to get the bat from the adventures back then so I hope we can continue the quest instead of starting it over...!

mreames
10-08-15, 01:18 PM
My guess is you've already found out. IF you have to start from scratch..... Maybe if you get the glimmerbat, you can hold off finishing and try to get a 2nd glimmerbat.

Right! I knew it sounded familiar! Hope we won't have to caft another glimmerbat habitat in order to get the glimmer bat..
I didn't get enough time to get the bat from the adventures back then so I hope we can continue the quest instead of starting it over...!

kooky panda
10-08-15, 01:24 PM
New Update- Re released goal- Spooky Flight

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85347-Spooky-Flight-update-10-8-15

labsandboxers
10-13-15, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping tomorrow's update will be more than a rerelease

danzplace
10-13-15, 05:11 PM
I'd love animals with costumes. My vampire cow would love some company.!

mreames
10-13-15, 05:21 PM
All of the dialog while upgrading the orphanage made it sound like it was getting the house ready for a Halloween event. To me the only question is.... When will it start? This week, next week or the week thereafter. Lol

mreames
10-13-15, 05:52 PM
I'm hoping tomorrow's update will be more than a rerelease

Tomorrow (Wednesday) won't have an update. Hopefully Thursday will. ;)

kooky panda
10-15-15, 02:23 PM
New Update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85528-Update-16-Oct-Cabbage-Hut-GEM-PURCHASE)

kooky panda
10-22-15, 01:35 PM
10-22-15 Update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85706-Castle-Story-10-22-Update-Trick-or-Treat!-Part-2/page5)

labsandboxers
10-27-15, 05:09 PM
Hopefully Thursday's update will say "trick" you only need 10 puddings. One can dream ��

Korlcek
10-28-15, 02:41 AM
I'm guessing Farmhouses will start dropping gummy bears and cookies

BuddyB111
10-28-15, 12:22 PM
Hopefully Thursday's update will say "trick" you only need 10 puddings. One can dream ��

That would be great because I only have 12 puddings! ;)

vednir
10-28-15, 12:35 PM
It'll be a gem only pudding shack for 250 gems with a 4 hour collection time.

mreames
10-28-15, 01:11 PM

You may be right, that could happen..... But I'm sure there will be whole lot more than that... That doesn't involve gems.

zaccy678
10-29-15, 03:54 AM
I'm guessing Farmhouses will start dropping gummy bears and cookies

Oh heck no.
Not after selling all my farmhouses and building 32 cottages.

That would literally break my brain.

Wonkaland99
10-29-15, 04:44 AM
Oh heck no.
Not after selling all my farmhouses and building 32 cottages.

That would literally break my brain.

Same here! SNAP

ktorewqas
10-29-15, 06:46 AM
It'll be a gem only pudding shack for 250 gems with a 4 hour collection time. I think the shack will drop sugar or jewel too :rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-29-15, 08:24 AM
LOL!!! ... I want puddings to drop when I collect my cocoa plants, lol.

AnniePMH
10-29-15, 08:34 AM
LOL!!! ... I want puddings to drop when I collect my cocoa plants, lol.

That would be illogical, Captain. Farmers can't make chocolate pudding in the fields...:rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-29-15, 08:49 AM
That would be illogical, Captain. Farmers can't make chocolate pudding in the fields...:rolleyes:
Lol, since when did logic come into play in CS? ... If candy corn can drop from corn crops last year, why not dirt pudding from cocoa crops THIS year? Lol :p

AnniePMH
10-29-15, 08:54 AM
Lol, since when did logic come into play in CS? ... If candy corn can drop from corn crops last year, why not dirt pudding from cocoa crops THIS year? Lol :p

Yes, but thinking it might have improved the game if the unmentionable candy hadn't, in fact, dropped from the corn fields...lol:eek::rolleyes:

kooky panda
10-29-15, 01:23 PM
-Castle-Story-10-29-Update-Trick-or-Treat!-Part-3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85905-Castle-Story-10-29-Update-Trick-or-Treat!-Part-3)

hagypagy
11-04-15, 06:46 AM
Can we please have a new character that needs to be expanded to/found in the forest???
There was talk a while back about a frog prince ... what ever happened to that??

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-04-15, 07:17 AM
Sorry hagypagy, but Frog Prince sounds like something that would have appeared in the now-defunct Fairy Tale Wonderland . . .

I foresee a November month-long timed event coming which depletes all resources for us to build a cornucopia with a 12 or 16-hour timer on it and drops a piece of corn, tomato or 1 roast chicken. LOL!!! ... Or maybe that will be in the Baron's tent tomorrow, lol.
Oh, and an Earth Wisp of course, lol (which is about as related to a cornucopia & makes about as much sense to drop from something Thanksgiving-related as it does to drop from an Essence Cesspool which wasn't *even* H'ween-related, LOL)

dragon2046
11-04-15, 07:24 AM
Sorry hagypagy, but Frog Prince sounds like something that would have appeared in the now-defunct Fairy Tale Wonderland . . .

I foresee a November month-long timed event coming which depletes all resources for us to build a cornucopia with a 12 or 16-hour timer on it and drops a piece of corn, tomato or 1 roast chicken. LOL!!! ... Or maybe that will be in the Baron's tent tomorrow, lol.
Oh, and an Earth Wisp of course, lol (which is about as related to a cornucopia & makes about as much sense to drop from something Thanksgiving-related as it does to drop from an Essence Cesspool which wasn't *even* H'ween-related, LOL)

Lol. The sad thing is. U are probably right. :(. Hoping for something awesome like the table but that would be bad for the games economy. :)

kooky panda
11-05-15, 02:16 PM
-Castle-Story-11-05-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86148-Castle-Story-11-05-Update-Monster-Hunt-Season-3)

Korlcek
11-12-15, 02:53 AM
So, just in case, I put out my Essence pool.

labsandboxers
11-12-15, 05:53 AM
Same here

AnniePMH
11-12-15, 06:40 AM
So, just in case, I put out my Essence pool.

Same here

I haven't. Thus increasing the chance that we will actually need that pond, lol:)

Betsy0923
11-12-15, 07:25 AM
I guess I am spoiled, but even though I currently am working on 3 goals (monster3, glimmer gate and Thurston/Sabrina nuptials) I am looking forward to a new release today. ☺️ Any word??

kdgulle
11-12-15, 01:02 PM
Is there going to be a new quest today?

meme1098
11-12-15, 01:04 PM
Is there going to be a new quest today?

Good question! It's 12 in S8 land but I just opened my game & nothing's there yet except a new value pack with all 3 tokens for $1.99

Never mind. Turkeys!

Visit Library 3 times
Read the Turkey scroll

I only put out 1 library this morning...lol

amerirish
11-12-15, 01:07 PM
My value pack has a timer that just under an hour so maybe that's when it starts :confused:

ETA: As soon as I completed the purchase of the value pack, Old Thomas showed up

OT: "Brr...It's gotten chilly around the Glimmerwood."
OT: "Yes indeed! Like my favorite scroll story.."Winter Is Coming" "
Me: "Yikes, I hope winter doesn't last long for us"
OT: "Of course not, it's just a story after all. We don't have long winters"
OT: "We also don't have turkeys either."
Me: "Huh, that is true. I never noticed. Where do we find one?"

Quest: Where Are The Turkeys?
Go to the library (Find the scroll) 0/3
Read the turkey scroll (What's it say?) 0/1

I only have 2 libraries so I don't know what comes next, but it is a 3 Day quest.

Good luck all!

twinkletoes12348
11-12-15, 01:08 PM
Ooooh, turkeys. Interesting. :D

kdgulle
11-12-15, 01:12 PM
Yep just took another one out, guess I'll wait 8 hours

SpiritWind00
11-12-15, 01:13 PM
Gobble gobble! No idea if an update is coming! Has daylight savings stopped or started? I can't keep up... ;)

kdgulle
11-12-15, 01:14 PM
Gobble gobble! No idea if an update is coming! Has daylight savings stopped or started? I can't keep up... ;)

Yes one had been released first thing collect from 3 libraries
Read scroll.

Looks like a Turkey cow

meme1098
11-12-15, 01:15 PM

Daylight Savings time is no longer. We changed our clocks back on 11-1

And the goal showed up for me without buying the value pack.

roguebee
11-12-15, 01:15 PM
It ended... We "fall" back already.

SpiritWind00
11-12-15, 01:19 PM
It ended... We "fall" back already.

Ok, thanks! Ours just started, so over our winter, updates came out at 5am for me (I love the forum, but not enough to get up at 5am for ya all!!) hahaha ok, so it's 7.20am now and no update. Maybe another 40 mins? (Time zones do my head in!) :):):):):)

kdgulle
11-12-15, 01:20 PM
Ok, thanks! Ours just started, so over our winter, updates came out at 5am for me (I love the forum, but not enough to get up at 5am for ya all!!) hahaha ok, so it's 7.20am now and no update. Maybe another 40 mins? (Time zones do my head in!) :):):):):)

I got an update
Collect from 3 libraries
Read scroll
Reward a turkey cow

Looks like the quest from 2013

meme1098
11-12-15, 01:22 PM

Haha... Have you force closed?? Lol

88silver
11-12-15, 01:23 PM
If it's 7:20 am for you now, then updates will be coming out at 7am your time for the next few months. We have an update, something about trying to find turkeys (with a picture of a cow with a turkey costume). Is it a repeat? I wasn't playing when the turkey costumes were around the first time.

SpiritWind00
11-12-15, 01:23 PM
And we're off!

rulerofjennyville
11-19-15, 04:55 AM
Can someone post a link to what exactly was last year's Christmas challenge? I'm thinking this years might be the same and I'd like to know what sort of supplies, buildings, etc. that I will need.

katbtodd
11-19-15, 06:44 AM
Can someone post a link to what exactly was last year's Christmas challenge? I'm thinking this years might be the same and I'd like to know what sort of supplies, buildings, etc. that I will need.

18/12/2014 - Winter Bakery (event)
11/12/2014 - 12 Days of Christmas Part 2 (event)
04/12/2014 - 12 Days of Christmas Part 1 (event)
All info below Have fun

katbtodd
11-19-15, 06:47 AM

Part one
1. Tis the Season - Find Old Thomas (go to his house) rewards 1 gem, 2 XP

2. Kingdom's Got Talent rewards 1gem, 2 XP
Find 12 drummers drumming (visit other COMMUNITY kingdoms, NOT NEIGHBOURS)
Hand out 12 festive drums (workshop). 5 wood, 2 hides each. 2 hours.

3. Pipe Dreams
Craft 11 holiday pipes (workshop). 1 living wood, 3 silver and 3 iron. 3 hours.

4. Look before you leap
Dig up 3 Ferns 0/3 (dig) Grasshoppers hide in ferns
Invite 10 Lords to the Gala 0/10 (ask) Ask your neighbours!
Invite 9 Ladies to the Gala 0/9 (ask) The more the merrier!

5. Dairy developments
Give 8 Milk Pails 0/8 (Magic Forge)
Hire 8 maids a'Milking 0/8 (Hire) - collect from cows! (note, not every click will get you a maid)
New item at magic forge - craft Milk Pail (4hr) - 5 Wood 3 Iron Ore 5 Milk

6. Swans on the Lam
Give 6 Royal Beams 0/6 (Give) Build a Swan Enclosure!
Get 7 Swans a'Swimming 0/7 (Give) Collect from ponds! (mermaid pond too)

7. Your Goose is Cooked
Get Geese a-Laying 0/6 (Give) Harvest Wheat or Corn!
Take Goose Eggs to the Market 0/3 (Go) Will anyone buy them?
Research Goose Egg Omlettes 0/3 (Go) Go to the Library!

katbtodd
11-19-15, 06:49 AM

Part 2

5 Alive Bird Call
Learn a winter bird call (Visit library X 3) skip 15 gems
Get 4 calling birds (Chop trees until found) skip 40 gems

The French Connection
Give French-educated hens 0/3 (Give)
Speak French to hens (Collect from chickens until it clicks) skip 60 gems

Lovey-Dovey
Give Winter Birdseed 0/10 (Give) Drops from Corn! Skip 30 gems
Provide Turtle Doves 0/2 (Give) Search among your flowers! Skip 40 gems

The Partridge Parcel
Deliver a Partridge 0/1 (Give) <Chop Trees and Tend Fruit Trees!>

A Festive Feast
Prepare a new Hearty Feast 0/1 (Go) <The guests are hungry!>
Bring everything to the Tavern 0/3 (Go) <It's going to take a few trips!>

katbtodd
11-19-15, 06:50 AM

The winter bakery

Step 1
Reward 400 coins, 2 xp
Collect 10 hot chocolates - collect from cottages (you can build a cottage with 3 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks)
Bake 4 gingerbread cookies - 1 flour, 1 sugar, 5 eggs (Kitchen, 30 mins ea)

Step 2
Reward 400 coins, 2 xp
Bake 5 Christmas cookies - 1 flour, 5 milk, 1 sugar (kitchen 2 hours)

Step 3
Reward 1000 coins, 2 xp
Make 3 Fruitcake - 1 flour, 6 lemons, 8 oranges (kitchen, 4 hours) (skip for 60 gems)
Trade with Fruit farmers (exchange) (skip for 20 gems)
Request 40 cinnamon sticks from neighbours (skip for 100 gems)

Don't have the fruit trade? here is the link to unlock it... Trade with Fruit Farmers

Step 4
Reward 1000 coins, 2 xp
Give 10 ciders - 3 apples, 3 water, 3 cinnamon sticks.

Step 5
Reward 1000 coins, 2 xp
Make 1 holiday feast and travel to Polaris north one time (you have to bake one from scratch, ones in inventory don't count)
Holiday Feast: 5 hot chocolate, 2 gingerbread, 10 milk (kitchen 1 hour)
Go to Polaris North: 1 Holiday feast, 5000 coins (you can send out in advance, just don't collect until you get to this step)

Step 6
Reward 1000 coins, 2 xp
Give 3 Frosting cement - 1 sugar, 2 superglue, 1 green dye (kitchen 3 hours each) (skip 45 gems)
Make 5 powdered stone - 10 stone (workshop 1 hour each) (skip 30 gems)
Give 5 ginger bricks - 1 flour, 3 eggs, 1 powdered stone (kitchen 6 hours each) (skip 75 gems)
[in the kitchen, each powdered stone is 4 gems to skip]

Green dye - 1 blue dye, 1 yellow dye (potion shop 1 hour each)
[in the kitchen, each green dye is 10 gems to skip]

Step 7
Make 3 candy canes: 1 sugar, 2 mint leaves, 1 red dye (kitchen 54 minutes)
Travel to Polaris North
[Mint leaves come from Polaris adventure - 2 leaves per trip (? that's what I got)]

Step 8
To Polaris North: 1 Holiday feast, 5000 coins

*****The bakery will be in your inventory when you're finished*****

mehershey
11-19-15, 09:01 AM
There was also a challenge having to do with the 12 days of chrSigmas - I was a new player and only got halfway through - anyone remember?

meme1098
11-19-15, 11:47 AM
There was also a challenge having to do with the 12 days of chrSigmas - I was a new player and only got halfway through - anyone remember?

Have you checked Dabag's goal thread in the Hub?

Everything is listed there.

ShibuyaCloth
11-19-15, 12:16 PM
Hmmm, my guess for today....
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb902020.png_2v_31020.png
Turkey Piglet
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 80 gems

dipwid
11-19-15, 12:22 PM
Very funny picture. So far it hasn't started yet I guess. But now that it's a quest animal (turkey pig) pigs DO fly!!

katbtodd
11-19-15, 12:23 PM
I know your right , but hoping for expansions my self .... We need more land !!!!!!!

MeganT87
11-19-15, 12:26 PM
Have you checked Dabag's goal thread in the Hub?

Everything is listed there.

It was the pile of gifts I believe?

sourp4tch
11-19-15, 12:32 PM
Hello hello! Just posted the update thread for this week, but wanted to assure you all it's not the only thing going on ;)

katbtodd
11-19-15, 12:52 PM
Hello hello! Just posted the update thread for this week, but wanted to assure you all it's not the only thing going on ;)
Please explain your saying it starts today and again on the 26th do,you mean stops
[==Update requires app update to Version 1.4 on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 11/19. Once started, you will have 8 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 11/26.==]

sourp4tch
11-19-15, 12:56 PM
Please explain your saying it starts today and again on the 26th do,you mean stops
[==Update requires app update to Version 1.4 on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 11/19. Once started, you will have 8 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 11/26.==]
Sure thing!

Once you start the event, you will have 8 days to complete it.
You can start the event any time between today and 11/26.
If you have not manually started the event by 11/26, the game will start the event for you. You will have 8 days from 11/26 to complete the event.

Hope that helps clarify things! This is how all events of this type will work :)

kareichan
11-19-15, 01:01 PM
Not for Android? >:

meme1098
11-19-15, 01:07 PM
Sure thing!

Once you start the event, you will have 8 days to complete it.
You can start the event any time between today and 11/26.
If you have not manually started the event by 11/26, the game will start the event for you. You will have 8 days from 11/26 to complete the event.

Hope that helps clarify things! This is how all events of this type will work :)

So the timer doesn't start until you tap the goal in your book? No auto dialog popup?

Hope it doesn't rely on requests since I just sent a bunch out for blossoms.

tuffyjkitten
11-19-15, 01:09 PM
I had a pop up window announcing the event but no dialog pop up aside from the turkey pig.

LillieNomi
11-19-15, 01:09 PM
So the timer doesn't start until you tap the goal in your book? No auto dialog popup?

No it doesn't, seems to be similar to Sir Hamlet. Haven't tapped the button yet, it's not in the book, but on the right side of the screen.

SpiritWind00
11-19-15, 01:18 PM
Event thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86590-Castle-Story-11-19-Update-%28iOS-only%29-Thankful-Mystery-Dinner) now open. Good luck! 15 cottages first!

SpiritWind00
11-24-15, 07:14 PM
Please make sure if you are on iOS that you update your app to the Winter version. This Thursday includes an update for ALL players on iOS and Android!

Given there is a sticky thread about the winter version, I'll keep this thread closed. :) thanks!

kooky panda
12-03-15, 12:21 PM
Oh a little teaser thread has been started for todays update!!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87094-Castle-Story-12-03-Update

ShibuyaCloth
12-03-15, 12:38 PM
Well the new update will probably mean I will have to slice deeply in my trade ticket stock.

8hat
12-03-15, 12:54 PM
I was going to say I'm not one that is fully expanded but I am happy they do keep expansions coming but, when I when to see how many I had left I couldn't find my little expansion sign out in the woods. I know I had at least 3 or 4 left and I'm pretty sure I have not done the one for 5 permits yet. I even tried moving some of the larger buildings and such to see if the sign was hiding behind something. Do they take away the signs on new expansion days until it's released? Weird, I guess I do have something to look forward to after all...here's hoping it will come back after update time...

AnniePMH
12-03-15, 12:58 PM
I was going to say I'm not one that is fully expanded but I am happy they do keep expansions coming but, when I when to see how many I had left I couldn't find my little expansion sign out in the woods. I know I had at least 3 or 4 left and I'm pretty sure I have not done the one for 5 permits yet. I even tried moving some of the larger buildings and such to see if the sign was hiding behind something. Do they take away the signs on new expansion days until it's released? Weird, I guess I do have something to look forward to after all...here's hoping it will come back after update time...

Don't know, but I have 1 expansion left, and with 2 min to go I still have my little expansion sign, lol:)

ktorewqas
12-03-15, 01:01 PM
I was going to say I'm not one that is fully expanded but I am happy they do keep expansions coming but, when I when to see how many I had left I couldn't find my little expansion sign out in the woods. I know I had at least 3 or 4 left and I'm pretty sure I have not done the one for 5 permits yet. I even tried moving some of the larger buildings and such to see if the sign was hiding behind something. Do they take away the signs on new expansion days until it's released? Weird, I guess I do have something to look forward to after all...here's hoping it will come back after update time...you could go to market then expand to see the expansions that you have not done :)

AnniePMH
12-03-15, 01:04 PM
Interesting. The one I had left from last expansion time is still the most expensive one:confused:

Edit: Expansion, that is, lol.

8hat
12-03-15, 01:08 PM
you could go to market then expansion to see the expansions that you have not done :)

Thanks, I had forgotten where there was a work around. Crisis averted though; a couple of signs did return and I counted 3 old and 6 new plots. I pre-pay my wisp lanterns because I'm always maxing out on wisps & lanterns. I guess it's back to the lantern factory for me!

mreames
12-03-15, 01:30 PM
I'm just thankful there's at least a couple of 1 permit expansions. Lol

ShibuyaCloth
12-03-15, 01:40 PM
The new update is with expansions. So let your coins roll, lantern shine, and expansion permits fly (or make a huge dent into your trade ticket stock).
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-ExpansionsMap.png

New plots:

X Y Coord RP Lanterns Coins Permits
B 6 B6 3,300 20 310,000 1
N 8 N8 3,000 19 350,000 1
B 9 B9 3,300 24 310,000 3
D 11 D11 3,800 18 520,000 3
E 11 D11 3,300 24 310,000 3
J 11 J11 2,500 23 250,000 3

For this session you will need:

Royal Point: 3,800
Lanterns: 128
Coins: 2,050,000
Permits: 14

That converts to 420 trade tickets.

dragon2046
12-03-15, 01:48 PM
Love the expansions, thank u S8. I'm wondering if u missed one ? After expanding I have this one spot that looks really odd cuz it's not open for expansions. If u look at the picture above. The strange gray square with all the open ones around it. :). Sorry but it bugs me. :/

It's number C9?

mreames
12-03-15, 01:53 PM
Nope, I've expanded on 3 sides of that one and it's still not expandable. I thought it surely would be.

Edit: oh I see that you expanded around it, too and you must have been addressing S8. ;)

Love the expansions, thank u S8. I'm wondering if u missed one ? After expanding I have this one spot that looks really odd cuz it's not open for expansions. If u look at the picture above. The strange gray square with all the open ones around it. :). Sorry but it bugs me. :/

It's number C9?

AnniePMH
12-03-15, 01:54 PM

It's number C9?

You're right dear neighbor, that one is not open...:confused: No glitches, but I saved the one in the middle south, K 10 etc :)

dragon2046
12-03-15, 02:06 PM
You're right dear neighbor, that one is not open...:confused: No glitches, but I saved the one in the middle south, K 10 etc :)

That's the one I saved too! Lol. I hope they open C 9 it looks strange. Lol. :)

AnniePMH
12-03-15, 02:16 PM
That's the one I saved too! Lol. I hope they open C 9 it looks strange. Lol. :)

Lol, mysterious, and therefore more interesting...:D

coonellie
12-03-15, 02:24 PM
This is really great! Thanks for putting in the time and effort.

CharlieGirl9
12-03-15, 02:30 PM
I like having little bits of wilderness in the middle. It's like central park.

kooky panda
12-03-15, 03:42 PM
Please continue your discussions on the update thread.
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87094-Castle-Story-12-03-Update-Expansions)Thanks!

janddolphins
12-10-15, 07:50 AM
i hope this weeks events will have a big main Christmas story line as well as opportunities for those who do not celebrate Cristmas (just make sure the Baron does not make off with our Chanukah gelt lol)

coolssp
12-10-15, 09:31 AM
i hope this weeks events will have a big main Christmas story line as well as opportunities for those who do not celebrate Cristmas (just make sure the Baron does not make off with our Chanukah gelt lol)

You said it. I don't personally celebrate Christmas but will still love a Xmas theme quest... Anything really... Fingers crossed

mreames
12-10-15, 10:28 AM
They do have a Hannukah Dragon in Dragon Story. ;)

ShibuyaCloth
12-10-15, 10:49 AM
Bring back the XMas Trees!
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/UG/CastleStory-100-ClassicChristmasTree.png

coolssp
12-10-15, 11:46 AM
Nothing yet :(

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-10-15, 11:51 AM
Nothing yet :(
Updates always hit on Thursdays at NOON, Pacific time (lil over 1 hour from now)...
Welllllllllllll, that is, except for the days that the guy who pushes the "go" button forgets & instead, decides to go to lunch. On *those* days, the update is hour+ late, LOL.

*fingers crossed* for something fun and NEW! :)

katbtodd
12-10-15, 12:35 PM
Updates always hit on Thursdays at NOON, Pacific time (lil over 1 hour from now)...
Welllllllllllll, that is, except for the days that the guy who pushes the "go" button forgets & instead, decides to go to lunch. On *those* days, the update is hour+ late, LOL.

*fingers crossed* for something fun and NEW! :)

Agreed, thinking we haven't had a fun up date in a long time !!!!

SpiritWind00
12-10-15, 12:58 PM
New thread created... Closing thread :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87314-Castle-Story-12-10-Update

katbtodd
12-31-15, 11:05 AM
Any news on if there is going to be an update to day?

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-31-15, 01:10 PM
Any news on if there is going to be an update to day?
Only new thing I see is a 5-day bundle.

...and we're at 99% for second comm prize

1whitty
12-31-15, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=NorthWoodsKingdom;1229600]Only new thing I see is a 5-day bundle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27336[/ATTACH

Besides the firework cases what are other 2 items?

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-31-15, 01:18 PM
Besides the firework cases what are other 2 items?
That's not a fireworks case...it's $9.99 for two 50-energy crates, 10 rainbow pots (1 chop for various goodies) and I think 100 trade tix (surely it's not 100 expansion permits, lol).

katbtodd
12-31-15, 01:20 PM
Only new thing I see is a 5-day bundle.

...and we're at 99% for second comm prize

I see,they listen to you I see energy creates that's good ,

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-31-15, 01:21 PM
I see,they listen to you I see energy creates that's good ,
Well, finally...but I don't want energy crates right now; I want something to DO. Lol

1whitty
12-31-15, 01:30 PM
That's not a fireworks case...it's $9.99 for two 50-energy crates, 10 rainbow pots (1 chop for various goodies) and I think 100 trade tix (surely it's not 100 expansion permits, lol).

Thank you.
I'd buy the package for the trade tickets.

katbtodd
12-31-15, 02:42 PM
Well, finally...but I don't want energy crates right now; I want something to DO. Lol

Yes we to go back to story line it seems forever since we done any on that

hagypagy
01-06-16, 10:42 PM
Hoping we get some new story line soon ...
Finally completed everything (except expansions but that'll take foooorrreeevvveeerrrrr haha) and the game has now hit a boring spot =\ ...

Hopefully a new character is on the way!!

Also Fwipple has been chilling in the faerie bulb for ages now ...
Time to get her lazy faerie butt into action! =p

mreames
01-07-16, 01:05 PM
Well, I guess no update. :( starting to lose me and others.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-07-16, 01:12 PM
Ditto.

*huuuuuuuuuuuuge yawn* lol

twinkletoes12348
01-07-16, 01:14 PM
In the immortal words of Dark Willow: "Bored now."

meme1098
01-07-16, 01:17 PM
I'm just waiting for the school bell to ring...lol.
Sorry...private joke:D

amerirish
01-07-16, 01:23 PM
In the immortal words of Dark Willow: "Bored now."

ROFLMAO!!! Wish we could magic an update :D

danzplace
01-07-16, 01:31 PM
Yes at least send us hunting...

katbtodd
01-07-16, 01:35 PM
Hasn't been this slow since the spring of 2013

ladyperidot
01-07-16, 01:36 PM
I was at least hoping for new items in the barons tent. Christmas is over

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-07-16, 01:39 PM
I was at least hoping for new items in the barons tent. Christmas is over
...and so is New Year's! ... Boy howdy, S8 doesn't mess around when they go on vaca, huh? LOL!

SpiritWind00
01-07-16, 01:40 PM
Re Barons Tent. I've moved it to sticky's. How about I'll move all of the posts over to the previous thread and close the new one until it's needed. NW - send a PM to me and kooky to reopen.

katbtodd
01-07-16, 01:44 PM
Ribbons should be removed from Baron tent and gifts no use for them any more

twinkletoes12348
01-07-16, 01:45 PM
...and so is New Year's! ... Boy howdy, S8 doesn't mess around when they go on vaca, huh? LOL!

I figure if I have to go back to adulting, they do too! :D

midsom
01-07-16, 01:46 PM
Another week without an update? This is very concerning, all their other games have had many updates :confused: time to stop investing

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-07-16, 01:49 PM
Re Barons Tent. I've moved it to sticky's. How about I'll move all of the posts over to the previous thread and close the new one until it's needed. NW - send a PM to me and kooky to reopen.
Nah, thx SW but may as well just delete the thread if there aren't any new tent prizes being released today.... I'll start a new thread for it, when it actually *does* happen... Maybe February? Lol :wink:

mreames
01-07-16, 02:12 PM
In a sign that I have worked with too many real estate legal descriptions over the years.... I am now starting to think of you two as Northwest and Southwest. Lol we just need an SE and NE in here now. ;)

My tents just have hairless cat and white pup. And bells were in 2 of the slots needed to win.

Nah, thx SW but may as well just delete the thread if there aren't any new tent prizes being released today.... I'll start a new thread for it, when it actually *does* happen... Maybe February? Lol :wink:

sourp4tch
01-07-16, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to chime in and reassure you all that the updates have not stopped, your regularly-scheduled programming will resume shortly :) (Not today, though - sorry :S )

Love you all, hope everyone had a pleasant holidays with friends and family ^^ <3

wamboltia
01-07-16, 05:06 PM
Bring back valentines event!!!

jaymieb2
01-08-16, 02:26 AM
Bring back valentines event!!!

Yes, please!

tazdeil
01-08-16, 05:58 PM
Can we please go back to the story line.

ladyperidot
01-08-16, 09:18 PM
Can we please go back to the story line.

I agree. I'd love an update that continues the story line.

vlspd
01-10-16, 12:44 PM
At this point, ANY update would be nice. The game has been dead for too long... :(

veneravenera
01-12-16, 03:28 PM
feels like this game is dying... :(

twinkletoes12348
01-12-16, 04:04 PM
We haven't had an update in almost a month!

ShibuyaCloth
01-12-16, 04:06 PM
We haven't had an update in almost a month!

Well the Happy Glimmer Year event did add quite some content.

Moreover the Baron Tent will be updated soon. Probably on THU. The ads for the new release is popping on the screen.

VictorianKnight
01-12-16, 05:24 PM
I agree. I'd love an update that continues the story line.

I want to be able to expand to the golden gazebo in the bottom right corner!! That thing appeared almost 2 yeas ago and nothing done towards it at all.

figththefire
01-13-16, 03:14 PM
Well the Happy Glimmer Year event did add quite some content.

Moreover the Baron Tent will be updated soon. Probably on THU. The ads for the new release is popping on the screen.

well, if tl update the tent with repeating cats n dogs Again, that ll be really boring and sad...

ShibuyaCloth
01-13-16, 03:46 PM
well, if tl update the tent with repeating cats n dogs Again, that ll be really boring and sad...

They might re-release some oldies, but new content will come for sure.

55lee55
01-14-16, 07:10 AM
I want to be able to expand to the golden gazebo in the bottom right corner!! That thing appeared almost 2 yeas ago and nothing done towards it at all.

I am not in any hurry to get to the gazebo. I suspect that will be the last block of real estate we expand to and (just my opinion so don't shoot me or take it as more than that) that it will signal the end of the game. As much as I would love to see us build a harbor and sail to new lands in which to expand, I just don't see S8 putting much more effort into CS than they need to. In the past year they have released no new animated buildings and the storyline has been minimal. The events have been lackluster at best (again, just my opinion) and S8 appears to be making enough money on gem traps so that they have no real incentive to improve on the game like TL did. I used to look forward to update days, but after a year of disappointment after disappointment, I no longer stock up at gem sales because I know there will be nothing much to do anymore but pile useless decorations into storage.

I don't see much to gush about lately. Castle Story is still my favorite game though, because of the awesome community of people who play it, and I am not in any hurry to see it end as I have met many fantastic people here. So no, not in a rush to get to the gazebo. I say let it sit as a testimony to the most awesome game in S8's stable (no I don't play DS anymore and IMO, this game is the best because as slow moving as it is, it is the only "story" game S8 still produces that has a story line.) and as testimony that our kingdoms are still awesome places to hang out in and chat with our wonderful friends and neighbors.

garysafb3
01-14-16, 07:49 AM
I am not in any hurry to get to the gazebo. I suspect that will be the last block of real estate we expand to and (just my opinion so don't shoot me or take it as more than that) that it will signal the end of the game. As much as I would love to see us build a harbor and sail to new lands in which to expand, I just don't see S8 putting much more effort into CS than they need to. In the past year they have released no new animated buildings and the storyline has been minimal. The events have been lackluster at best (again, just my opinion) and S8 appears to be making enough money on gem traps so that they have no real incentive to improve on the game like TL did. I used to look forward to update days, but after a year of disappointment after disappointment, I no longer stock up at gem sales because I know there will be
nothing much to do anymore but pile useless decorations into storage.

I don't see much to gush about lately. Castle Story is still my favorite game though, because of the awesome community of people who play it, and I am not in any hurry to see it end as I have met many fantastic people here. So no, not in a rush to get to the gazebo. I say let it sit as a testimony to the most awesome game in S8's stable (no I don't play DS anymore and IMO, this game is the best because as slow moving as it is, it is the only "story" game S8 still produces that has a story line.) and as testimony that our kingdoms are still awesome places to hang out in and chat with our wonderful friends and neighbors.

Very well said. You speak the truth as sad as it may be.

Rickmz
01-14-16, 08:32 AM
How about levels higher than 50!?!?!

ShibuyaCloth
01-14-16, 09:54 AM
How about levels higher than 50!?!?!

Well could be nice, but not sure it will bring something. If XP rate remains constant:
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels.png

katbtodd
01-14-16, 10:10 AM
Well could be nice, but not sure it will bring something. If XP rate remains constant:
My points are 731,324 wow wonder where that would put me

meme1098
01-14-16, 10:23 AM
My points are 731,324 wow wonder where that would put me

That's awesome! I'm closing in on 500k.
I'd really like to see some of the many great ideas implemented that have been suggested in these threads.
And I agree with 55lee55 as well.

katbtodd
01-14-16, 10:27 AM
That's awesome! I'm closing in on 500k.
I'd really like to see some of the many great ideas implemented that have been suggested in these threads.
And I agree with 55lee55 as well.

Yes I do too , things sure have changed , it seems more about the value packages , then a cute up date

Rickmz
01-14-16, 10:44 AM

It would be very useful if, like last time (how long ago was THAT?), it included "faithful player" energy crates!
At the very least it would give us something to shoot for / brag about! LOL

BTW, I'm off this chart with 606,319 XP 😉

PrincessCupOButter
01-14-16, 10:50 AM
I am not in any hurry to get to the gazebo. I suspect that will be the last block of real estate we expand to and (just my opinion so don't shoot me or take it as more than that) that it will signal the end of the game. As much as I would love to see us build a harbor and sail to new lands in which to expand, I just don't see S8 putting much more effort into CS than they need to. In the past year they have released no new animated buildings and the storyline has been minimal. The events have been lackluster at best (again, just my opinion) and S8 appears to be making enough money on gem traps so that they have no real incentive to improve on the game like TL did. I used to look forward to update days, but after a year of disappointment after disappointment, I no longer stock up at gem sales because I know there will be nothing much to do anymore but pile useless decorations into storage.

Yes I do too , things sure have changed , it seems more about the value packages , then a cute up date

Agreed and agreed!

I understand it's about making money. But, I for one have stopped spending money on this game. I strictly play for free. When the updates provided more than just decorations, and when the story line was part of the updates, I bought gems and value packs. But after being burned several times with gem traps, and prizes that were strictly deco, I no longer spend real money to advance. I'm also noticing less neighbors are playing regularly, and I am certainly not as eager to log in as I used to be.

Just my two cents, but I think S8 could make even more money if they offered more things that people really want. Dogs and cats are a perfect example, we asked, they supplied them, and I purchased some from the Barons tent.....(along with many others) But now we are in need of an animal shelter to deal with the inundation of dogs and cats. How about replacing them with some of the other things the players have been asking (clamoring :rolleyes:) for?

katbtodd
01-14-16, 11:13 AM
Agreed and agreed!

I understand it's about making money. But, I for one have stopped spending money on this game. I strictly play for free. When the updates provided more than just decorations, and when the story line was part of the updates, I bought gems and value packs. But after being burned several times with gem traps, and prizes that were strictly deco, I no longer spend real money to advance. I'm also noticing less neighbors are playing regularly, and I am certainly not as eager to log in as I used to be.

Just my two cents, but I think S8 could make even more money if they offered more things that people really want. Dogs and cats are a perfect example, we asked, they supplied them, and I purchased some from the Barons tent.....(along with many others) But now we are in need of an animal shelter to deal with the inundation of dogs and cats. How about replacing them with some of the other things the players have been asking (clamoring :rolleyes:) for?

They have great survey but nothing come of them,, if they would just work with the people

l03z
01-14-16, 11:47 AM
I hope there's no new storyline this week. I want to rearrange my kingdom (the best part if you ask me!). Would be annoying if needed buildings are in storage at the start of an event... :rolleyes:

88silver
01-14-16, 11:57 AM
If there's an update today, it's probably iOS only, I'm guessing the follow up chapter style event with the jewel from the mystery dinner event. Either that or a monster hunt. And as far as I'm concerned, those may as well be iOS only, given how impossible it is to get enough gold tokens as an Android player.

PrincessCupOButter
01-14-16, 12:47 PM
I hope there's no new storyline this week. I want to rearrange my kingdom (the best part if you ask me!). Would be annoying if needed buildings are in storage at the start of an event... :rolleyes:

I will respectfully disagree. If we are lucky enough to get a storyline update, then it won't be timed or a 'special' quest. That means you can wait until you are finished rearranging and complete it at your leisure. Meanwhile, those of us who are bored to tears will have something to do. :) Therefore, I'm hoping that we won't get another storybook type thing that is timed.

I try to do any rearranging on the weekends, when there are no updates. That way buildings will be in place and ready on Thursdays. Just in case. :D