PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guidance on visiting neighbors!

KylesKaren
08-06-15, 07:44 AM
I would like to know how it is possible to visit all your neighbors and keep everyone happy. What order do most people find is the best way to visit. I have been looking at my news feed first, then my wall and when asked I will add a neighbor. Rarely do I have the time to go down my complete neighbor list of over 430+. I want to make everyone happy, but there is simply not enough hours in the day. I NEVER go to a neighbors and look to see if there are any hearts and if not close out of their page without contributing. I literally tap everything in their kingdom so as to give as many hearts as possible which seems to be about 6. Then I will get a message on my wall with a sad emoji face, a broken heart, or comment about "No hearts?" I will then visit that person and rarely at best do I get a message that they have visited me. Someone please tell me, or I should say share advise with me on how to make all my neighbors happy. I date my visits simply for my benefit. If I leave the game and go back I can go to someone's page and see if I have already visited that person on that day. This helps me keep track. I wish there was a way to check off the neighbors we visit so better able to manage. I am reaching out for someone to enlighten me on this subject. I'm at my wits end. I do my best, but I cannot devote 24 hrs a day. As it is I spend at minimum three or more hours as it is. I also play Dragon Story and I have the same issue. I have invested time, money and energy in being a good player. But I'm getting to the point where I dread opening either of these games. I hate disappointing people. I keep waiting for the developers to say I've reached my max and don't add anyone else. Also for all my effort my social rating has not improved. Really? How could this be. Someone, anyone please shed some light here for me. An avid player, but becoming a very discouraged player.

kdgulle
08-06-15, 08:39 AM
I don't have that many neighbors not sure I could keep up with them all. Here's how I do it, I know the neighbors that visit daily, some are wall writers some are not. When I'm full it doesn't show up on my feed list that they visit. That doesn't bother me. I have some that don't visit so I usually don't visit them. I know they still play. If the leave a sad face don't feel bad they are telling you your full but did visit, at least that's how I see it. The same thing with full you have no hearts with the current quest that's understandable. With neighbors that have a lot of other neighbors they are full, if I find hearts there I think of it as a surprise. Also I have neighbors from places around the world so I also take that into consideration. They may be sleeping and can't check the game. You can't please everyone just do your best. If your really worried try to delete your neighbors that no longer play to make it easier on yourself. Delete 5-10 a day. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

KylesKaren
08-06-15, 09:29 AM
Thank you very much for your sound advice. At least you made me realize that no, you cannot please everyone and that doing my best is is probably all I can do. The deleting of neighbors makes a lot of sense as well. That will take a great deal of stress off of me for sure. Some of them that have asked me to add them and then you don't hear from them again is rather disturbing.

Again, I appreciate your kind words and helpful advice. Sincerely, Sissy

zoeee87
08-06-15, 11:36 AM
Wow- you have quite a lot of neighbors. I think I have around 110 and keep it around that number. I've been playing since the beginning so many of mt neighbors are at level 50, at this point I rarely add new neighbors.

I personally wouldn't stress out about visiting/not visiting. I would say 1/4 of my neighbors visit me daily, half visit at least twice and week and the rest play at their own speed and aren't worried about "visiting". When a neighbor writes on my wall and revisit and write in their wall, then delete their post on my wall.. So that way I'm always caught up.

Everyone plays the way that works best for them. This game is meant for fun and for me it's a stress reliever. Play at a pace that works for you and have fun! Don't worry about visiting people or people requesting to add you and then not hearing from them. ��������

vontalken
08-06-15, 12:14 PM
I just use my news feed for the most part. It is says I was visited with a 1 day or less then I visit back. I don't do wall posts unless I actually have something to say (heart count does not warrant a post).

kdgulle
08-06-15, 04:47 PM
Thank you very much for your sound advice. At least you made me realize that no, you cannot please everyone and that doing my best is is probably all I can do. The deleting of neighbors makes a lot of sense as well. That will take a great deal of stress off of me for sure. Some of them that have asked me to add them and then you don't hear from them again is rather disturbing.

Again, I appreciate your kind words and helpful advice. Sincerely, Sissy

Your very welcome.

Yes don't stress, if you think that someone is being rude or insincere then delete them. Everyone has their own way of playing and don't let their way make your way stressful. It's supposed to be an outlet for stress not an added one.

KylesKaren
08-07-15, 10:06 AM
Thank you for your kind reply. As I was reading your response I realized that "Wow! You are so right. This used to be fun and it still should be!" I feel so much better. I might actually enjoy it again. Just a little FYI, I'm a minister and I have always felt the need to do everything for all people. It wasn't long before I soon realized that this is an almost impossible task. People do what they want, when they want and according to what works best for them. It can be hurtful sometimes as I am a pleaser and some just don't appreciate your effort. Will I continue to do what I feel good about? Absolutely! " but, I too will think about if what I'm doing matters to a particular person(s). If not then move on because I can be of use to others who truly need my advice, help and input.
You have just opened my eyes that what is suppose to be a stress reliever, and it should be just that! So again I thank you for showing me something that is as clear as day. Best regards and I am personally sending you prayers and An abundance of blessings!

KylesKaren
08-07-15, 10:18 AM
Hello and thank you for your support. I do have a question? I have seen it posted many times and never understood what it meant. "Full?" When I see this, what exactly does that mean? Lastly you are a great support person and I appreciate all the support you have shown me. I was beginning to think I would never find anyone who actually understood my concern. It pleases me that I have actually learned how to reach out in this forum. And I'm even more pleased that people like yourself actually care. For that I am very grateful. Thank you so much. But... If and when you have the time I would equally appreciate what FULL means. Blessings my friend!

KylesKaren
08-07-15, 10:21 AM
Thank you my friend! Your words of advice are well spoken. I appreciate your suggestions and help. More importantly that you took the time to genuinely care! Blessings...!

stargaze91
08-07-15, 11:16 AM
When u visit your neighbors,u see hearts over their buildings right? Well ,when they visit your kingdom and click over the hearts on your collecting buildings,the building sparkles..when u collect from them,u get 2xp as against 1xp u get in normal buildings...u can see that such buildings are sparkling ..means they are full..:) hope that makes sense

ktorewqas
08-07-15, 11:30 AM
When u visit your neighbors,u see hearts over their buildings right? Well ,when they visit your kingdom and click over the hearts on your collecting buildings,the building sparkles..when u collect from them,u get 2xp as against 1xp u get in normal buildings...u can see that such buildings are sparkling ..means they are full..:) hope that makes sense��good to know why the buildings giving me more xp, thanks

tigarlilyvol
08-07-15, 01:36 PM
Check out the sticky The Hub which has more info for you. Number 3 information nuggets, especially nugget 3 on neighbors. This is a great tool to navigate the game.

KylesKaren
08-12-15, 07:39 AM
Thanks I think I understand a little better. I appreciate your help. Have a great day.

kdgulle
08-12-15, 09:34 PM
Hello and thank you for your support. I do have a question? I have seen it posted many times and never understood what it meant. "Full?" When I see this, what exactly does that mean? Lastly you are a great support person and I appreciate all the support you have shown me. I was beginning to think I would never find anyone who actually understood my concern. It pleases me that I have actually learned how to reach out in this forum. And I'm even more pleased that people like yourself actually care. For that I am very grateful. Thank you so much. But... If and when you have the time I would equally appreciate what FULL means. Blessings my friend!
Sorry, I've been busy schools starting up. Full is the same thing no hearts for anybody to click on. They are just letting you know they visited your kingdom. That way you know they do visit you.

kdgulle
08-12-15, 09:36 PM
Thanks I think I understand a little better. I appreciate your help. Have a great day.
I'll add you so you can ask on my wall. I see that more.

vednir
08-13-15, 08:57 AM
Once you've been playing this game for a while, visiting neighbors is a waste of time after you get your bonus 10 energy for the day. The only time it makes sense is if you're still in the early parts of the game where getting the bonus experience from having a neighbor tap your buildings allows you to level up faster. At that time it makes sense for you to have your heart bar filled all the time so you stand out more on people's neighbor lists.

So if you want to chat with your neighbors do so, if there's a specific goal that requires you to tap buildings do so, if you haven't gotten your bonus 10 energy for the day visit neighbors to get it. But beyond that I imagine the vast majority of your level 50 neighbors don't care whether you visit and tap or not since they're likely sitting on a huge stockpile of experience to kick them up to level 99+ whenever they raise the level cap.