PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Champion Dragons?

spydre1
08-05-15, 06:01 AM
What happens when I breed two champion level dragons? I know it's possible because both of my Champions that are over level 3 (the other is evolving as we "speak") are listed in the breeding menu.

Kennedward
08-05-15, 06:12 AM
Champions are considered Black and Red when used to breed, so your possibilities would be hybrids that deals with the following colors: Red, Black, & Blue and Purple (that black splits into)

Edited for typo LOL!

Annica5
08-05-15, 06:21 AM
I thought they were black and red?

redstar177
08-05-15, 06:22 AM
Champions are considered Black and Yellow when used to breed, so your possibilities would be hybrids that deals with the following colors: Yellow, Black, & Blue and Purple (that black splits into)

Actually, Champions are considered Black and Red. Otherwise, Kenned is right- they can result in hybrids with Red, Black, Blue, or Purple

Kennedward
08-05-15, 06:24 AM
I thought they were black and red?

Oh you're right, it was a typo on my part

Kennedward
08-05-15, 06:24 AM
Actually, Champions are considered Black and Red. Otherwise, Kenned is right- they can result in hybrids with Red, Black, Blue, or Purple

Thanks for the corrections, it was a typo

knj00
08-05-15, 06:45 AM
Actually, while Champions are supposed to be Black/Red and if Black splits purple, blue they are currently not giving out the Black type (just like the Zodiac type). So, you will only get Red, Blue, Purple.

Kennedward
08-05-15, 06:52 AM
Actually, while Champions are supposed to be Black/Red and if Black splits purple, blue they are currently not giving out the Black type (just like the Zodiac type). So, you will only get Red, Blue, Purple.

Once again they're *****ing us out of a Black type, this makes it all the more difficult when trying to breed for a black type

Natasha_07
08-05-15, 07:00 AM
So technically if the black counted any 2 champions could give a diamond ?

Also if no black so that's giving a higher chance at a 3 color/type due to champions rarity ?

:confused:

redstar177
08-05-15, 07:07 AM

Also if no black so that's giving a higher chance at a 3 color/type due to champions rarity ?

No, you can't get a Diamond with 2 Champs because even though they can split into many different colors, technically they are are only contributing 1 "type" to the pool- Champion type. Diamond needs 4 separate "types".

Also, rarity has no influence on breeding outcomes, so the Champion-types rarity won't make it easier or harder to breed a 3 color dragon.

Hope that makes things a little less confusing?

Kennedward
08-05-15, 07:27 AM

As we all previously said, Champions only gives Red, Blue, and Purple, but not all 3 at once

Your results are more likely to be a single color dragon of either 1 of those 3, or a hybrid of Red with Blue, or Red with Purple

PinkBubbles75
08-05-15, 08:05 AM
Is possible to get a champion dragon by breeding black & red?

redstar177
08-05-15, 08:22 AM
As we all previously said, Champions only gives Red, Blue, and Purple, but not all 3 at once

Your results are more likely to be a single color dragon of either 1 of those 3, or a hybrid of Red with Blue, or Red with Purple

Actually, they can give all 3 colors at once into the pool. It just doesn't count in terms of Diamond. For instance, by breeding two Champions, you can produce single color Red, Blue, or Purple dragons. You can also get Red/Blue hybrids, Blue/Purple hybrids, or Red/Purple hybrids. Finally, you can also get any Red/Blue/Purple triple-type dragons, like the Super Dragon.

Edit: I made a mistake. The above is true for breeding Diamond + Champion, not Champion + Champion. Champion + Champion will only result in Fire, Water, Magic, Night, or Night Elf dragons.

No. There is currently no Champion type dragon that can be bred. They are only available by winning a tournament in which it is the prize, crafting one, or on the spin wheel.

Natasha_07
08-05-15, 08:37 AM
Actually, they can give all 3 colors at once into the pool. It just doesn't count in terms of Diamond. For instance, by breeding two Champions, you can produce single color Red, Blue, or Purple dragons. You can also get Red/Blue hybrids, Blue/Purple hybrids, or Red/Purple hybrids. Finally, you can also get any Red/Blue/Purple triple-type dragons, like the Super Dragon.

el.

IF the black was added given they change the breeding rules, how would that result ? Would it count as 3 or 4 types, red/blue/purple vs. black ?

AwesomeChefDad
08-05-15, 08:56 AM
So has anyone bred a champ dragon?

I have forest and fire level 15 and have been trying but no luck, and if someone did breed it what was the egg time?

MaribouMay
08-05-15, 09:06 AM
So has anyone bred a champ dragon?

I have forest and fire level 15 and have been trying but no luck, and if someone did breed it what was the egg time?

Champions cannot be acquired through breeding. You can use them as breeding parents, but it will not result in a champion dragon.

Are you thinking of Prime dragons? Primes can be bred and do require level 15 parents. There are no Primes that are a red-green combo though so breeding Fire & Forest will only give red-green dragons.

redstar177
08-05-15, 09:12 AM
IF the black was added given they change the breeding rules, how would that result ? Would it count as 3 or 4 types, red/blue/purple vs. black ?

NO. It would still count as 1 type- Champion type.

If black were added back into the pool, it would simply add black single type dragons (night elf and night).

To get a diamond, think about the number of symbols above each dragon. Champion types only have 1 symbol- the champion mask. Hybrids have 2 or 3 symbols- for instance, Fairy Dragon has a yellow and green gem symbol, Chess has a royal and white symbol, Divine has Pink, Green and Purple symbols

Kennedward
08-05-15, 10:08 AM

No. There is currently no Champion type dragon that can be bred. They are only available by winning a tournament in which it is the prize, crafting one, or on the spin wheel.

Oh ok, I posted the results from the breeding calculator, guess it's outdated then lol

Kennedward
08-05-15, 10:12 AM

Champions are non-breedable, you can only acquire them through finishing a tournament, or back then by crafting, though I haven't seen any available through crafting for awhile now

redstar177
08-05-15, 10:18 AM
Oh ok, I posted the results from the breeding calculator, guess it's outdated then lol

You know, I might be wrong. I thought I had understood the breeding rules correctly, but double checking with the calc, it does show only single type offspring, no hybrids. The same is true for the Zodiac type. It seems I might have made a mistake! :(

Kennedward
08-05-15, 10:25 AM
You know, I might be wrong. I thought I had understood the breeding rules correctly, but double checking with the calc, it does show only single type offspring, no hybrids. The same is true for the Zodiac type. I sent a message to the calc's creator asking for clarification since it seems I might have made a mistake!

No problem! TL does change the rules around quite often though lol

Natasha_07
08-05-15, 10:52 AM
Okay! Thanks for the answers and patience.

AwesomeChefDad
08-05-15, 11:46 AM
Champions cannot be acquired through breeding. You can use them as breeding parents, but it will not result in a champion dragon.

Are you thinking of Prime dragons? Primes can be bred and do require level 15 parents. There are no Primes that are a red-green combo though so breeding Fire & Forest will only give red-green dragons.

That is good info, I for some reason thought the PRIME had a red and green? But now I looked and it doesnt...what a dufous I am being..haha

Kennedward
08-05-15, 01:50 PM
Lol, it's ok