PDA

View Full Version : Gold sales

sorkafaranth
08-04-15, 08:24 PM
I am not receiving notifications of gold sales. I buy lots of gold - would really love to know when it is on sale.
Please help

kooky panda
08-05-15, 09:06 AM
Gold sales go out randomly. Hopefully you will receive a sale soon.

mystctattoo
09-22-15, 06:36 PM
Gold sales go out randomly. Hopefully you will receive a sale soon.

I have been playing for about a year now and I do buy gold and I have NEVER gotten a gold sale???? Why?

Kennedward
09-22-15, 07:13 PM
I haven't got any for over a years or so as well, it's too random lol

DeeDe99
09-22-15, 08:04 PM
I have been playing for about a year now and I do buy gold and I have NEVER gotten a gold sale???? Why?

Do you log in every day? They only last 24 hours usually, so if you don't log in you could miss it, I think.

hon3ycomb
09-22-15, 09:26 PM
During the time I played, I received 2 gold sales. I only bought some on the 2nd though.

DeeDe99
09-23-15, 01:32 AM
Do you log in every day? They only last 24 hours usually, so if you don't log in you could miss it, I think.

To further clarify, when I went to bed last night, there was no sale. When I logged in just now, it is gone. I only saw it because I logged in this morning before I went to work. Depending on your time zone and playing pattern, you could miss the notifications entirely.

ghostiemom
09-23-15, 10:34 PM
There are 4 accounts in my house. Two of them have a gold sale all the time--I don't think gold has ever NOT been on sale on these accounts. The third account gets sales for a week at a time, probably every couple weeks. The fourth, which is my main account, has NEVER had a sale, except Black Friday when gold was on sale for everyone.

DeeDe99
09-24-15, 02:18 AM
Wonder if newer accounts are on a different randomisation?

JMThrive
09-24-15, 10:58 AM
I have played DS for probably two years now and after the first few months have never, ever seen a gold sale. I play multiple times through out the day and probably miss playing during a 24 hour period maybe two or three times a year. So I play all the time and never get gold sales.

barbaraann72
09-24-15, 11:38 AM
My account (lvl 104 Android) has a gold sale right now. Picked up the White Gold Dragon with it.

ghostiemom
09-24-15, 03:49 PM
I have played DS for probably two years now and after the first few months have never, ever seen a gold sale. I play multiple times through out the day and probably miss playing during a 24 hour period maybe two or three times a year. So I play all the time and never get gold sales.

Exactly! Same with me. Oh, well, TL. Your loss. Could have had an extra $6.99. :p

mystctattoo
09-24-15, 08:32 PM
I log in multiple times a day. I have 3 islands and my bigger 2 have never had one but my smallest one gets them like every other day

debrasbistro
09-25-15, 05:05 AM
My smaller account got one the past two days in a row, but the one I need it on, my main account, gets none.

Simdiva
09-26-15, 12:54 AM
Strange I see them at least weekly just bout the new gold dragon with one. If it were not for the sales I would probably quit playing, they knew how to hook me lol. I am wondering what this Black Friday thing is tho? Do they put more gold dragons on sale? I have two now... If so, I'll make some space for another treasure.

DeeDe99
09-26-15, 03:56 AM
Simdiva, the USA puts everything on sale on Black Friday and the players in the know expect gold producing dragons to be on sale. I'm hoping for Goldleaf, I really like that one.

ndtrance
09-26-15, 07:47 AM
Strange I see them at least weekly just bout the new gold dragon with one. If it were not for the sales I would probably quit playing, they knew how to hook me lol. I am wondering what this Black Friday thing is tho? Do they put more gold dragons on sale? I have two now... If so, I'll make some space for another treasure.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75574-Black-Friday-Deals!&highlight=black+friday

This is the thread from last year's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. You'll get an idea of what happens if you skim it. Habitats were on sale, gold was on sale for everyone at a bigger discount than normal. Treasure type dragons went on sale for cyber Monday I think. I hope Black Friday this year will be some variation of this :):).

And I agree, if it weren't for gold sales I would never buy gold. My mom plays Monopoly Bingo and they don't have sales but she wanted me to buy gems for her. I bought it but I cringed the entire time lol.