PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Pond - Worth it?

andreav1333
08-04-15, 05:46 PM
I'm wondering if the Mermaid Pond is worth the 160 gems. I find that I am not able to collect as many mermaid scales as before - AND - everytime I collect from one of my ponds, a blue dire boar pops up - and the token trade is done for the moment!
Thoughts?

mikado86
08-04-15, 06:22 PM
If you need mermaid scales its obviously worth it, I got two, but I havent collected from them in a while, Im maxed in all the mermaid scale crafts, so the question is just how bad do you need scales, specially now that you have to do at least 30 trades of 20 water each, you are bound to get scales just collection from wells

burritosprings
08-04-15, 07:35 PM
I'm wondering if the Mermaid Pond is worth the 160 gems. I find that I am not able to collect as many mermaid scales as before - AND - everytime I collect from one of my ponds, a blue dire boar pops up - and the token trade is done for the moment!
Thoughts?

Only worth it if you need a boat load of scales.. after a certain level.. you put them in inventory... buy one maybe if you can afford.. but 2 is a waste// and I do have 2 on one account..cause I could afford and still do not regret it.. they are one of the best designed features in this game

stargaze91
08-04-15, 09:59 PM
I think buying one is worth the 160 gems..I just bought one because I didn't have enough enchanter's essence for the mane detanglers..pretty much depends on how much u need the scales..I have good use for them as I am a long way from becoming maxed on mermaid scale crafts

AnniePMH
08-05-15, 12:40 AM
I've had three Mermaid ponds out for a long time, and only just now put them in inventory because I've finally maxed out on Enchanter's Essence. I've had very good use of them, but they also take up a lot of space, and I think the mermaid scales drop quite well from the wells (lol) too:)

myhsplace
08-06-15, 10:09 AM
Thoughts?

i rarely used mine so no IMO..better off spending 5 gems for a beast trap and putting it in a corner of your land, click it and leave beast alone...decorate your land with a few ponds and beast will not show up anymore and your scales will multiply in no time for only 5 gems and the few coins you spent on the ponds! this is mainly why i rarely used my mermaind pond.

tvangstanke
08-06-15, 10:21 AM
i rarely used mine so no IMO..better off spending 5 gems for a beast trap and putting it in a corner of your land, click it and leave beast alone...decorate your land with a few ponds and beast will not show up anymore and your scales will multiply in no time for only 5 gems and the few coins you spent on the ponds! this is mainly why i rarely used my mermaind pond.

That is a good value tip if you are short on gems!

But if you go on daily Explore Dark Caves adventures you may still need a less energy demanding way of collecting those mermaid scales. As Annie says, the mermaid pond does take up some space. But it looks good. I've never regretted buying the Mermaid Pond nor the Mithril Dragon.

luna2cute
08-06-15, 04:21 PM
I bought one a while ago and am happy with it. It provides water, fish and mermaid scales. I think it has been very helpful.

mreames
08-07-15, 02:37 PM
I guess I'm crazy because I love having 4 of them on this account and hate only having 2 on my other account. They give 2-4 scales and 2-4 water per collection plus chance at fish. My ponds and wells don't compete. But I make and go through a lot of lumin essences. I see they have a sale on the mermaid pond. Is it leaving the game???

WindermereBakery
08-08-15, 09:13 PM
I bought the mermaid pond last time it was on sale and I'm so glad I did. You need mermaid scales for architect's paste, magic cement, Enchanter's Essence, Lumin Essence, Mythic Essence, Enchanted Beams, and Enchanted Blocks. Those are just the ones that I know about so far, and with quests like the recent one needing thirty Enchanter's Essences I was really grateful to have it. Plus, it is big but it is also very pretty.

Also got the Mithril dragon when it was on sale and I'm so glad I got it too. Snap these things up when they come on sale, unless you're already maxed on everything. Some of us are far from it and new goals can wipe you out fast!

memphisgirl
08-09-15, 10:33 AM
I also bought it last night, I think its so pretty colored and we always need mermaid scales

CottageRose
08-09-15, 10:41 AM
It is one of the prettiest pieces available, and very useful for me. I have 2, and wish I could figure out how to make both fit without putting my fairy respite away. Now that I said that, I think I will, as I am maxed on drops from the respite. :D

stargaze91
08-09-15, 10:44 AM
Bought one just a few days before the sale :( But it is worth the 160 gems I guess

ginerp
08-09-15, 10:52 AM
Definitely. I'm often maxed on mermaid scales but only because I have one. Plus it drops all the things the regular ponds do and is way prettier.

mxs010
08-15-15, 10:34 AM
Mermaid pond is 3 by 3 and gives you avg. 3 scales and some water every 5 hours. you can also collect from water well, regular pond and troll swamp, the drop ratio is between 20 and 30%, so you will get scales fairly consistently, but spend more energy. Mermaid pond is convenient, but IMPO I would get it only after living tree (living wood), red trillium (red petals), glimmerdust trove (glimmerdust), mithril dragon (mithril).

Wonkaland99
08-15-15, 01:46 PM
Grrrr! I really wanted one as I am at a point where I need a lot of enchanter's essence.
Scraped up 130 gems with the help of 30 from Fashion Story (embarrassing admission for a 70 year old bloke) and before I could get it the price is back to 160.
Have to wait a bit longer.......