PDA

View Full Version : The real cost of gifting?!?!

Unregistered
08-12-10, 05:35 AM
I have a quick question about gifting neighbours, does it cost us money? I have noticed when you initially send the gift you don't get charged, but haven't noticed once the person has accepted the gift if it then does indeed cost you money.

Norman, can you please confirm this either way.

Hawk 8
08-12-10, 07:55 AM
I have a quick question about gifting neighbours, does it cost us money? I have noticed when you initially send the gift you don't get charged, but haven't noticed once the person has accepted the gift if it then does indeed cost you money.

Norman, can you please confirm this either way.

Gifting is free

Unregistered
08-12-10, 12:15 PM
Gifting is free

How do you give gifts?

Hawk 8
08-13-10, 11:01 AM
How do you give gifts?

You have to have the updated version (1.5) of the original farm story to give gifts. While visiting a neighbors farm, just click on the gift icon or go to your neighbor list and click gift. When you receive a gift, there will be a gift icon on your farm page with a number indicating how many gifts you have received. Click on the icon and accept the gifts. Go back to your farm page and click on tools, then click on edit, then a blue inventory icon will appear in the bottom left corner, click on that and there your gifts will be. You can only receive 20 gifts a day. If a farmer attempts to give you a gift after you have received 20 gifts that day then the sending farmer will receive an error message. There is no limit to the number of gifts you can give in a day. You can only give on gift to a Farmer A in a 24 hour period. If you give farmer A a gift at noon today you will have to wait until noon tomorrow to give Farmer A another gift.

MsLyne
08-14-10, 02:32 PM
Where do I get the updated version? And what is the original farm story?

You have to have the updated version (1.5) of the original farm story

Ellie
08-14-10, 02:39 PM
Where do I get the updated version? And what is the original farm story?

In the app store download the game called "Farm Story", ignore FS Snap, FS Flowers and FS Summer, these were all major updates to Farm Story. But for some reason for the last release, they reverted back to just Farm Story.

When you have downloaded it, you can check the version number in the bottom right hand corner of FAQ/Help. It should be Farm Story 1.5.

In this version, you can send and receive gifts, delete neighbours and place items into an inventory (storage).

Unregistered
08-15-10, 07:49 AM
In the app store download the game called "Farm Story", ignore FS Snap, FS Flowers and FS Summer, these were all major updates to Farm Story. But for some reason for the last release, they reverted back to just Farm Story.

When you have downloaded it, you can check the version number in the bottom right hand corner of FAQ/Help. It should be Farm Story 1.5.

In this version, you can send and receive gifts, delete neighbours and place items into an inventory (storage).

I've been thinking about this, were TeamLava working on the new update (using the first version as a placeholder) when players accidentally found it and told everyone they knew; who told everyone they knew, who told everyone they knew, etc? Or is it a way around any intellectual property sensitivities that might arise with the game's success, rather than giving the latest version a distinct name and official download over iTunes?

I'm sure both are pure fantasy but you have to wonder and with version 1.5 Farm Story has never been closer to Zynga's flagship title. Software companies have a nasty habit of suing successful games that bear even a superficial resemblance to their own as it is easy money, some even squabble about 3D camera mechanics and worse!