PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Retreat Event (IOS only)

Pages : [1] 2

lnztrekfan
07-30-15, 03:29 PM
Hey I just received a new event for Farm Story 2 called Sweet Retreat. had to update app but it just downloaded as a new app on my phone. Snapped some screen shots. The airplane hangar has a new look and Merryweather's Hot Air Ballon looks like an ice cream cone!

PAGE 11 & 12 OF THIS THREAD HAS ALL UPDATED GOALS w/ PICS by Rynetory2!!!
I can't add any more pics to this thread because you are only allowed 5!

First goal was to purchase ice cream truck. It takes a half hour to build.

Next goal popped up.
Next goal.
Next goal supplied by Nastylilhobbits

Next is.....

Posted by NYM9CX
Waffle cones recipe= (2) flour+(1) milk+(1) white sugar made in Bakery 20 mins
Vanilla Ice cream recipe= (1) milk+(2) cream+(2) white sugar made in ICE CREAM TRUCK 40 mins
Vanilla Cone recipe= (1) vanilla ice cream+(1) waffle cone made in ICE CREAM TRUCK 30 mins

Piper; Sundae Schooled = (3) Fried Ice Creams+(3) Waffle Cones+(3) Crazy Cones/Reward 130 coins+silo color skin+28 stars
Fried Ice Cream recipe= (1) vanilla ice cream that was made in ice cream truck FRIED ICE CREAM IS MADE IN DEEP FRYER 1hr 20 mins
Crazy Cone recipe= (1) fried ice cream+(1)waffle cone made in ice cream truck 45 mins

Morgan: Dial “I” for Ice Cream = (8) Hot Fudges+(8) Brownies+(8) Brownies A La Mode/Reward 130 coins+2 Chocolate Chip Shrubs+28 stars
Hot Fudges recipe=(1) Milk Chocolate+(1) milk made in Chocolatier 1 hr
Milk Chocolate recipe=(1) Cocoa+(1) Milk+1 White Sugar in Chocolatier 1 hr 30 mins
Brownies recipe= (1) Milk Chocolate+(2) Milk+(1) Flour made in Bakery 1 hr 30 mins
Vanilla Ice cream recipe= (1) milk+(2) cream+(2) white sugar made in ICE CREAM TRUCK 40 mins
Brownie A La Mode recipe=(1) Brownie+2 Vanilla Ice Creams+ (2) Hot Fudges made in Ice Cream Truck 30 mins

Next goal:
A La Whoa:
Make 4 fried brownies
Make 8 hot fudge
Make 4 A La Whoas

Quote Originally Posted by Nastylilhobbits View Post
Fried brownie - one brownie, one hour twenty minutes
A La Whoas - one fried brownie, one Brownie A La Mode, one hour thirty minutes

Next goal from Rynetory2 (page 11 &12 of this thread) HUGE thanks
Make 12 gelato
Give 12 gelato
Harvest 3 apples

Next goal from Rynestory2
An apple a day
Make 3 Apple gelato
Give 3 Apple gelato

Apple Gelato = 4 milk + 2 white sugar + 1 Apple made in ice cream truck for 2 hrs 20 min.

Huge thanks to all who have posted goals and additional info for quest!

I can only put 5 attached images in a post.

BahSunFarms
07-30-15, 04:05 PM
Thanks for this! I had no prompt to update my app for the new event so I was really lost. Going to download the new app now. ;)

ETA: Should I delete the old app or keep it just in case?

gerrywerry
07-30-15, 04:09 PM
Are you on iOS or Android. I saw the pop up but I've can't find anything else about it.

lnztrekfan
07-30-15, 04:14 PM
I'm on iPhone. It was sent as a push notification and then I went to app. Maybe try completely closing your farm story app and then reopening.
I have the farm story 2 app already but for some reason it downloaded as a separate game. I don't know if I'm supposed to delete old one or not. I will keep the old one for now until I hear otherwise.

BahSunFarms
07-30-15, 04:15 PM
Are you on iOS or Android. I saw the pop up but I've can't find anything else about it.

I'm on iOS. I got the pop up notification but my app was normal. So I went to the app store and it had no updates; then I googled & found this thread. You have to download the new app in the app store.

gerrywerry
07-30-15, 04:26 PM
I'm on iOS. I got the pop up notification but my app was normal. So I went to the app store and it had no updates; then I googled & found this thread. You have to download the new app in the app store.

I can't find anything in the App Store to download :(

Edit - I've found it now but haven't got enough space on my phone to download it lol

BahSunFarms
07-30-15, 04:32 PM

Edit - I've found it now but haven't got enough space on my phone to download it lol

I usually delete games I haven't played in a while to make space. lol

gerrywerry
07-30-15, 04:36 PM
I wonder why it's a new app not just an update. A mistake maybe?

nukesters2
07-30-15, 04:58 PM

I was in my settings the other day looking why my phone was so full, and I had 16GB in my messages!! I deleted all my message threads with everyone and got all that space back! you can check that if you want. I have 24GB in pictures and videos, but that is after severe editing so I think I will need a new bigger phone soon! lol
further to that, I see all the farm story 2 games listed, or rather the different versions of them. The last birthday edition is using up almost 1 GB of space. I wonder if deleting it will get rid of all the birthday party stuff? or will that still be showing in this new version? I don't want to lose anything, but don't want to waste space on my phone either. Anyone know?

BahSunFarms
07-30-15, 05:18 PM
I was in my settings the other day looking why my phone was so full, and I had 16GB in my messages!! I deleted all my message threads with everyone and got all that space back! you can check that if you want. I have 24GB in pictures and videos, but that is after severe editing so I think I will need a new bigger phone soon! lol
further to that, I see all the farm story 2 games listed, or rather the different versions of them. The last birthday edition is using up almost 1 GB of space. I wonder if deleting it will get rid of all the birthday party stuff? or will that still be showing in this new version? I don't want to lose anything, but don't want to waste space on my phone either. Anyone know?

All of my birthday stuff still shows up in the new app. I'm thinking about deleting the old app soon.

fish63
07-30-15, 05:29 PM
Have closed! Down loaded new update for I Pad. Deleted game and reinstalled and still no new challenge? What do I do?

nukesters2
07-30-15, 05:40 PM
All of my birthday stuff still shows up in the new app. I'm thinking about deleting the old app soon.

Yes, I will give it a couple of days to make sure this new version is without bugs then reclaim that space!
I do NOT like the new colour of the fields now though!! an icky unnatural minty green. yuck!

bakerystoe
07-30-15, 05:47 PM
I think this not a update it's a new game have the feature

Etini_PYF
07-30-15, 07:07 PM
lnztrekfan, is that REALLY the actual colors of the farm in the new version? :confused:

It looks "sickly" green, not at all the color of natural grass that it is now. Weird :(

lnztrekfan
07-30-15, 07:23 PM
lnztrekfan, is that REALLY the actual colors of the farm in the new version? :confused:

It looks "sickly" green, not at all the color of natural grass that it is now. Weird :(

Yes lol I thought I was getting a version of the dreaded blue screen! Here is a pic also you can see balloon in background and ice cream in foreground.

ghjvcucjb
07-30-15, 07:36 PM
Got the notice for the new edition, tapped on it but didn't download in case it was a new game for gems and wanted to check my other games. After checking went back and the offer was gone. Checked the apps store nada. Thank goodness I found it in one of the hidden unclosed apps. The green is a little to close to the water blue screen but love everything else.

1. Buy ice cream truck 500 coins (?) 30 mins to build. I didn't write it down so going off of memory
2. A classic cone: make 3 waffle cones in the bakery, make 3 vanilla ice cream in the truck, give 3 vanilla ice cream cones from truck

menps
07-30-15, 07:44 PM
22278I can't get the new update , please help !

Lilliepaddd
07-30-15, 07:57 PM
I don't have the update either!!!!!! Please help!

farmday0123
07-30-15, 08:12 PM
Go app store n download it not update one

Lilliepaddd
07-30-15, 08:22 PM
Thanks found it :)

shedenh
07-30-15, 08:30 PM
Should we delete the old version?

daielstark
07-30-15, 08:46 PM
I don't like the grass colour at all. I'm hoping it's just for the event and not permanent. I'm not willing to delete the old one yet

ciarjen
07-30-15, 11:42 PM
With each update this game is getting slower and slower. I am playing on an iPad air and it is really laggy. Scrolling through neighbours' stores takes ages, even swiping to move across the farm is slow and laggy. I don't have any problem with any other game on my device, just this one. It's a shame because it used to be such a fast, smooth game to play. I don't play it much now because of this.

I also see that the resource buildings animation stopping has not been fixed since it stopped on the last update. As soon as one item has been made in a building, the animation stops even though there are still items in the queue, crafting.

Anyway I am going to try with the event, just making some ice cream now. I will not say anything about the colour schemes :D

Good luck everyone.

orleansparish
07-30-15, 11:53 PM
I didn't get a prompt to update either but opened restaurant story 2 to do the Xmas in July goals there and for the goal to download it now. I need to open ALL my games first to not miss out on those free gems, but came here to take a peek of what it was like. This is SO cute and looks fun. Too bad we won't be able to keep what we want For a while because they always take special versions away from us eventually.

gigglygoo
07-30-15, 11:54 PM

I totally agree. It's not attractive plus it really hurts my eyes!

gigglygoo
07-31-15, 12:00 AM
With each update this game is getting slower and slower. I am playing on an iPad air and it is really laggy. Scrolling through neighbours' stores takes ages, even swiping to move across the farm is slow and laggy. I don't have any problem with any other game on my device, just this one. It's a shame because it used to be such a fast, smooth game to play. I don't play it much now because of this.

I also see that the resource buildings animation stopping has not been fixed since it stopped on the last update. As soon as one item has been made in a building, the animation stops even though there are still items in the queue, crafting.

Anyway I am going to try with the event, just making some ice cream now. I will not say anything about the colour schemes :D

Good luck everyone.

I thought it was just me, but you're right, it's been really laggy. And it crashes a lot, esp when I'm scrolling from one side of the farm to another or when I go to check my train and then scroll to somewhere else. All of my other games play smoothly on my iPad.

And yes, please fix the buildings so they don't stop if there are still other items being crafted. I usually don't want to pick up items right after crafting until there is enough space in my barn.

yppahc
07-31-15, 12:34 AM
I have deleted the normal version as I couldn't use the vans in that one. I will just reload when the event ends.

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 02:22 AM
I found popping candy in the mine!

chiaroscurio
07-31-15, 03:01 AM
Next Goal:

Mitzi111
07-31-15, 03:09 AM
I'm confused... Found the new Sweet Retreat in the 'To Do List'. But it says to install' the game. That's very different than just participating in an 'event'. Why/how is it different than past events?

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure Mitzi, the only thing I can think of is if we can carry on using this version after the event (ie the pastel decor will stay and we'll still be able to make ice cream). I could be wrong though .... Who knows???

Or team lava are wanting to increase their player figures, so getting everyone to download a new game counts as a new player ....

A2TUDE
07-31-15, 03:27 AM
Um my ice cream trucks x2 are not producing anything I was just making ice cream???

What happened....

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 03:27 AM
Is it just me or has anyone else had loads of plane deliveries requesting items made with dairy and sugar? (The 2 main things we need for ice cream)

I've got orders for a total of 5x banana fritters and 4x lollipops and 4x caramel sauce, needless to say I've declined a few of these lol

A2TUDE
07-31-15, 03:32 AM
Is it just me or has anyone else had loads of plane deliveries requesting items made with dairy and sugar? (The 2 main things we need for ice cream)

I've got orders for a total of 5x banana fritters and 4x lollipops and 4x caramel sauce, needless to say I've declined a few of these lol

Can I ask are your trucks working my ice cream and cone disappeared.

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 03:45 AM
Um my ice cream trucks x2 are not producing anything I was just making ice cream???

What happened....

I've only got the one truck. I've not finished making anything with it yet, but have some ice cream churning at the moment. I've not had any cones disappear that I've made in the bakery. Have you tried force closing the app? If it's still not working try contacting support - good luck!

Mitzi111
07-31-15, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure Mitzi, the only thing I can think of is if we can carry on using this version after the event (ie the pastel decor will stay and we'll still be able to make ice cream). I could be wrong though .... Who knows???

Or team lava are wanting to increase their player figures, so getting everyone to download a new game counts as a new player ....

Ugh! I hope the new ice cream colors won't stay! LoL.

Varinamom
07-31-15, 04:35 AM
I got the new update but all that shows is the background. The buildings are missing, etc.! I have force closed the app and turned off the device but it didn't help. ��

leysanne
07-31-15, 04:41 AM
I'm confused... Found the new Sweet Retreat in the 'To Do List'. But it says to install' the game. That's very different than just participating in an 'event'. Why/how is it different than past events?

I found that too ... I downloaded it from there & opened the game. I got a prompt to buy & place a decoration. did that & got 30 gems :)
also got the prompt in dragon story ... & got 30 gold for downloading this FS2 version. the event is running as they usually do ... tasks to do & complete to get prizes :)

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 05:11 AM
I got the new update but all that shows is the background. The buildings are missing, etc.! I have force closed the app and turned off the device but it didn't help. ��

The new version does run slow at the beginning. Try giving it some time to catch up. If still not working try deleting the app and downloading again. I'm not sure if this will work, but worth a go. (Have you got plenty of spare gb left after downloading? If you're device is full this could be why it's not working properly)

LadyFencer
07-31-15, 06:26 AM
It looks like the Texas heat melted the mint ice cream all over the farm. I do like my delivery hanger though!

evfollower88
07-31-15, 06:35 AM
The new version does run slow at the beginning. Try giving it some time to catch up. If still not working try deleting the app and downloading again. I'm not sure if this will work, but worth a go. (Have you got plenty of spare gb left after downloading? If you're device is full this could be why it's not working properly)

Yup, me too. I've got nothing. Forced closed, deleted, re downloaded... Not getting anywhere. :/

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 06:44 AM
Yup, me too. I've got nothing. Forced closed, deleted, re downloaded... Not getting anywhere. :/

It's horrible when things go wrong like that!! I've had a look at the bugs thread and no-one's posted this problem. Maybe stick a post on there and a mod will see it. I hope you get sorted soon :(

If you can still access through your normal farm, start stocking up on flour, white sugar and cream - you'll need lots of these for making ice cream when the new version is fixed

syncler78
07-31-15, 06:50 AM

I got a train order where I need 13 baked potatoes and 13 creams!

tuffyjkitten
07-31-15, 07:36 AM
I got a train order where I need 13 baked potatoes and 13 creams!

This is why I dont even look at train and deliveries when doing an event...I've given away stuff I needed before. :(

The mint green grass has to go....other than that it's a cute idea!

Anyone else notice that this ice cream version says TeamLava again instead of Storm8? Wonder why....

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 07:40 AM
I like how the tree house now looks like a sun-faded plastic tree house.

The rest of the changes are good too, although the grass is a bit bizarre. I think it's all got a dreamy feel to it ...

LadyEna
07-31-15, 07:56 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the new path should be chocolate chips instead of Rocky Road?

Side note: Anyone remember when this grass (mint) color was popular in the interior of cars/vans?
It was yucky then!

NYM9CX
07-31-15, 08:01 AM
Purchase Ice Cream Truck in market Reward 130 coins+Cherry Scoop Shrub+28 stars

Morgan; A Classic Cone= 2nd Quest (3) Waffle Cones+(3) Vanilla ice Creams+(3) Vanilla Cones/Reward 130 coins+ice cream planter+28 stars
Vanilla Cone recipe= (1) vanilla ice cream+(1) waffle cone made in ICE CREAM TRUCK 30 mins

Piper; Sundae Schooled 3rd Quest= (3) Fried Ice Creams+(3) Waffle Cones+(3) Crazy Cones/Reward 130 coins+silo color skin+28 stars
Fried Ice Cream recipe= (1) vanilla ice cream that was made in ice cream truck FRIED ICE CREAM IS MADE IN DEEP FRYER 1hr 20 mins
Crazy Cone recipe= (1) fried ice cream+(1)waffle cone made in ice cream truck 45 mins

Morgan: Dial “I” for Ice Cream 4th Quest= (8) Hot Fudges+(8) Brownies+(8) Brownies A La Mode/Reward 130 coins+2 Vanilla Shrubs+28 stars
Hot Fudges recipe=(2) Milk Chocolate+(1) milk made in Chocolatier 1 hr
Milk Chocolate recipe=(1) Cocoa+(1) Milk+1 White Sugar in Chocolatier 1 hr 30 mins
Brownies recipe= (1) Milk Chocolate+(2) Milk+(1) Flour made in Bakery 1 hr 30 mins
Brownie A La Mode recipe=(1) Brownie+2 Vanilla Ice Creams+ (2) Hot Fudges made in Ice Cream Truck 30 mins

Piper; A La Whoa! 5th Quest= (4) Fried Brownies+(8) Hot Fudges+(4) A La Whoas/Reward 130 coins+Chocolate Shrubs+28 stars
Fried Brownies recipe= 1 Brownie made in Bakery then fried in Deep Fryer 1 hr 20 mins
Brownie A La Mode recipe=(1) Brownie+(2) Vanilla Ice Creams+ (2) Hot Fudges made in Ice Cream Truck 30 mins
A La Whoas recipe= (1) Fried Brownie+(1) Brownie A La Mode made in Ice Cream Truck 1 hr 30 mins
CAUTION: CURRENT QUEST DOES NOT INCLUDE FRIED ICE CREAM make fried brownie
last icon under deep fryer.

Lucas; Go Lucas, It’s Sherbet Day 6th Quest=(12) Gelatos+Harvest 3 Apples/Reward 130 coins+Chocolate Fountain+28 stars
Gelatos recipe=(4) Milk+(2) White Sugars make in Ice Cream Truck 2 hrs

syncler78
07-31-15, 08:25 AM
This is why I dont even look at train and deliveries when doing an event...I've given away stuff I needed before. :(

The mint green grass has to go....other than that it's a cute idea!

Anyone else notice that this ice cream version says TeamLava again instead of Storm8? Wonder why....

I had already started the train request on the normal FS2 app. A little later I saw that Stormie had some ice cream treat I had never seen before that I could buy for only 3 coins. That is what tipped me off that there might be an event going on. I came here to the boards and found out that I needed to download the new app.

Hey S8, how about a better heads up on future events?

kooky panda
07-31-15, 09:01 AM
Since it is a new application that you just downloaded, it will take a little time for all the graphics to load the first time.
If you leave it open for around 15 minutes and the graphics are not loading, try deleting the game, then redownload it. After it downloads, restart your device.

dragon2046
07-31-15, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know if this is the version we are using from now on? Cuz if so I will delete other app. I just don't want issues down the road. Thank u. :). Like this quest but the mint green grass is a bit much for me. Lol. Enjoy everyone :)

YasminIssa
07-31-15, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know what is the 3rd quest?

yppahc
07-31-15, 09:47 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the new path should be chocolate chips instead of Rocky Road?

Side note: Anyone remember when this grass (mint) color was popular in the interior of cars/vans?
It was yucky then!

It is still my MIL's favourite. She has recently decorated her living room in this colour.

My daughter had this "A La Whoa" in her barn, so it must be coming up.

ghjvcucjb
07-31-15, 09:58 AM
I found that too ... I downloaded it from there & opened the game. I got a prompt to buy & place a decoration. did that & got 30 gems :)
also got the prompt in dragon story ... & got 30 gold for downloading this FS2 version. the event is running as they usually do ... tasks to do & complete to get prizes :)
I didn't get any gems for downloading in any of my games. And I checked first. That sucks.

ghjvcucjb
07-31-15, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know if this is the version we are using from now on? Cuz if so I will delete other app. I just don't want issues down the road. Thank u. :). Like this quest but the mint green grass is a bit much for me. Lol. Enjoy everyone :)

I deleted the other version. Usually we'll get prompted to either reload the old version later or load an entirely new version later. During the castle story valentine event many many years ago, many of us kept both versions and it caused problems in game. All your info is kept and updated in the old versions on the s8 servers so you can reload anytime and it will still all be there.

ghjvcucjb
07-31-15, 10:04 AM
It is still my MIL's favourite. She has recently decorated her living room in this colour.

My daughter had this "A La Whoa" in her barn, so it must be coming up.

This is my littlest DD's favorite color and she wants her bedroom painted this color.

Nastylilhobbits
07-31-15, 10:04 AM
Does anyone know what is the 3rd quest?

Next is.....

Hot fudge - two milk chocolate, one milk, one hour
Brownies - one milk chocolate, two milk, one flour, one hour thirty minutes
Brownie a la mode - one brownie, two vanilla ice cream, two hot fudge, thirty minutes.

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 10:16 AM
Mmmmmmm those brownies do look good!!! I want one now! ��

YasminIssa
07-31-15, 10:16 AM
Next is.....

Thanks Nastylilhobbits. What about the ingredients required to make them.

Nastylilhobbits
07-31-15, 10:22 AM
Thanks Nastylilhobbits. What about the ingredients required to make them.

Have edited my earlier post with info :)

farmday0123
07-31-15, 10:22 AM
You need alot of chocolate milk, and milk for 3rd quest also vanila icecream needed

YasminIssa
07-31-15, 10:54 AM
thank to both Nastylilhobbits & farmday0123 for quick answer :)

shedenh
07-31-15, 12:06 PM
What are the candy pop stuff from the mine for? I have no idea and they are in the barn storage taking up room.

chiaroscurio
07-31-15, 12:07 PM
Is anyone else having the issue where items you have already unlocked in the original app are now locked at a higher level in the newspaper? My farm is at level 36, and so far I've seen seaweed, rice, and truffles listed as locked, even though I can still grow/craft with them in my machines.

BahSunFarms
07-31-15, 12:20 PM
Is anyone else having the issue where items you have already unlocked in the original app are now locked at a higher level in the newspaper? My farm is at level 36, and so far I've seen seaweed, rice, and truffles listed as locked, even though I can still grow/craft with them in my machines.

Yeah. I'm at level 26...have grown seaweed since level 24...now I see it is locked in the newspaper and other people's shops until level 40. Weird. I can still sell it though. I'm wondering if this is a permanent change or a bug.

lnztrekfan
07-31-15, 12:23 PM
Does one of the moderators want to take charge of my first post and edit it to help everyone out? Like posting all of the goals. I am only on the second goal and I know people like to find all the info for that stuff at the beginning. I can try and do it if no one wants to. I would def prefer someone who knows what their doing do it though�� thanks.

capitalcee
07-31-15, 12:33 PM
Has anyone figured out which previous event this one is similar to? Can we sell the items we make for this event?

schick9119
07-31-15, 12:36 PM
Yeah. I'm at level 26...have grown seaweed since level 24...now I see it is locked in the newspaper and other people's shops until level 40. Weird. I can still sell it though. I'm wondering if this is a permanent change or a bug.

I'm at level 38 and having issues purchasing items I've unlocked. I can craft the items but can no longer buy many of the water garden/sushi items and truffle items. Hope this isn't a permanent change��

tuffyjkitten
07-31-15, 12:47 PM
I'm at level 38 and having issues purchasing items I've unlocked. I can craft the items but can no longer buy many of the water garden/sushi items and truffle items. Hope this isn't a permanent change��

Me too...with rubies of all things! Have had the mine and jeweler for months but can't buy rubies.

tuffyjkitten
07-31-15, 12:49 PM
Next is.....

Hot fudge - two milk chocolate, one milk, one hour
Brownies - one milk chocolate, two milk, one flour, one hour thirty minutes
Brownie a la mode - one brownie, two vanilla ice cream, two hot fudge, thirty minutes.

Milk chocolate? Of course...let's use more milk making that instead of using the easy dark chocolate. Grrrrr......

lnztrekfan
07-31-15, 12:55 PM
I have unlocked my alpaca and was able to buy and sell both fur and blankets. I'm level 33. Now they are locked for me buying until level 42. I've also unlocked the truffle farm and now I can't buy these items!!! I am thinking it is either an error or they are restructuring the game. However I saw that if I go back in my old game I can still buys these!

Old:

New:

chiaroscurio
07-31-15, 01:43 PM
You need alot of chocolate milk, and milk for 3rd quest also vanila icecream needed

I have unlocked my alpaca and was able to buy and sell both fur and blankets. I'm level 33. Now they are locked for me buying until level 42. I've also unlocked the truffle farm and now I can't buy these items!!! I am thinking it is either an error or they are restructuring the game. However I saw that if I go back in my old game I can still buys these!

Old:

New:

Posted here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83590-Black-truffles-locked-new-version
SparklyOctopus said that they're looking into it, so thankfully it doesn't seem to be a permanent change.

bexiboo2
07-31-15, 02:24 PM
I bought gelato from Stormie

LuvsHorror
07-31-15, 04:23 PM
Now that I finished the waffle cone part, I no longer have the option of making anymore. So I'm selling what I had left over. Probably already sold. On to the fudge sundae.

crystalrayn3
07-31-15, 04:45 PM
Would love to see the prizes ahead of time. So far the ice cream topiary & ice cream scoop bushes seem mediocre. Knowing what the grand prize will be is motivating & helps justify my gold splurges Lol. I do like the Rocky Road pathway stones. They can be used in many different themes besides ice cream & birthday. I prefer decorative elements that blend well with multiple themes.

SummerZavara
07-31-15, 06:57 PM
I have both versions installed. Filled up my side store on the original. Side store in sweet treats was empty so I had to sell thing to remove from that barn but went back to original game and some of my other items were booted for the things I posted in sweet treats. The games seem to be linked somehow so I'm nervous about deleting one.

ninasidstorm8
07-31-15, 07:00 PM
I guess you have to be careful not to collect the new items from the old game. Twice now I have collected Sundae Schooled items from the old game and not got credit for them. I will soon have 3 Crazy Cones to give, but not completed the Make 3 Fried Ice Creams 1/3 or Make 3 Waffle Cones 2/3. I guess I will need to make more to complete them.

I need to be more careful and load the correct one, I guess.

musicteacher22
07-31-15, 07:20 PM

I thought the same thing, I don't like the colors at all!

oo56
07-31-15, 07:50 PM
This looks and is fun, but some of the ingredients are just used so much! Looks like its time to start saving up Cream for Ice Cream, Wheat for Flour, & Sugar Cane for Sugar!:rolleyes:

generalmadness
07-31-15, 08:41 PM
So, I am having a lot of trouble with the app. Two entire rows of my planting area will not allow planting. When I click on my cellar, the doors swing open, but the inventory window does not appear. And I could swear, but not 100% sure, that I have lost ice cream. It seems weird that I finished the other parts of the second goal before the ice cream? How could I have even done that? I only started crafting after viewing the goal. So I know it was not that. YIIIKES.

generalmadness
07-31-15, 08:53 PM
Actually, EVEN STRANGER, there were plants there waiting to be harvested, but they were invisible! I ran the scythe over them and potatoes came out of the bare earth. WHAT THE WHAT?!

tuffyjkitten
07-31-15, 09:13 PM
Here's a picture of the brownie goal....can someone add it to the first post?

siberiahpf
07-31-15, 10:25 PM
the milk chocolate is made from the box of chocolates and milk. the brownies also use the box of chocolates not the plain squares. hope this helps.

houndrsa
07-31-15, 10:48 PM
Is there going to be a pet at the end of quests or just decor?
I'd like to know now so that I don't waste too much effort
for stuff that just ends up in storage.

yppahc
08-01-15, 01:19 AM
Once you have completed a task you can no longer make some of the ingredients. I am up to the brownie task and cannot make the cones and fried ice cream.

bakerystoe
08-01-15, 02:38 AM
This isn a update its a new game!

bakerystoe
08-01-15, 02:39 AM
Anyone have milk or cream! I'd bakerystoe

bakerystoe
08-01-15, 03:11 AM
What is milk chocolate? where to craft

NYM9CX
08-01-15, 05:31 AM
Added on page 5.
Farm Name Bebe
FS2 ID NYM9CX

krisscritters
08-01-15, 06:01 AM
I still have the birthday event decor on some of my buildings. I closed the game & rebooted my iPad thinking it might update. Still have the birthday decor. I also received the notice about the ice cream event but did not download it. I found Stormy was selling a ice cream in the regular version. It feels like they are bleeding over into each other. Any ideas?

lnztrekfan
08-01-15, 07:29 AM
What is milk chocolate? where to craft

Milk chocolate is a regular crafting item. At the chocolatier. It takes 2 cocoa (from the trees), 1 milk, and 1 white sugar. It is the second item you can craft there after the dark chocolate. It looks like 4 little candies in a tray. Hope this helps :)

syncler78
08-01-15, 08:22 AM
Actually, EVEN STRANGER, there were plants there waiting to be harvested, but they were invisible! I ran the scythe over them and potatoes came out of the bare earth. WHAT THE WHAT?!

Force quit the app. I have seen that happen with the old app where plants should no longer be there but are, plants aren't showing up. It's a little buggy and I usually just force quit the app to return it to how it should be.

shedenh
08-01-15, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know what the pop candy is for from the mine? Seems all I can dig up in there and have no idea what to do with them. Thanks

rosesncards
08-01-15, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know what the pop candy is for from the mine? Seems all I can dig up in there and have no idea what to do with them. Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. I can't find any place to use them.

LuvsHorror
08-01-15, 12:27 PM
Almost finished with the second or third challenge, making extra fudge and syrup to sell after. I suppose the option to make these things will go when the challenge is over.

syncler78
08-01-15, 12:30 PM
Almost finished with the second or third challenge, making extra fudge and syrup to sell after. I suppose the option to make these things will go when the challenge is over.

Does it even make sense to try and make extra to sell? I picked up some fried ice cream from Stormie but the second challenge said that I had to "Make" them. I couldn't use the ones I picked up to help complete the challenge.

LuvsHorror
08-01-15, 12:34 PM
Does it even make sense to try and make extra to sell? I picked up some fried ice cream from Stormie but the second challenge said that I had to "Make" them. I couldn't use the ones I picked up to help complete the challenge.

You're right. But maybe if I make the a la modes and don't turn them in, I can sell some? I'll try. Tricky stormy.

LuvsHorror
08-01-15, 12:40 PM
I'm going to sell the next a la mode I make and whoever buys can let me know if they can use it. I'm in no hurry. Still have a bit before I have one to sell.

PookieBear50
08-01-15, 01:00 PM
Okay, I'm on the brownie quest...are they serious?

If these are the recipes...
- 1 milk chocolate = 2 cocoa, 1 milk, 1 white sugar (2 sugar cane)
- 1 ice cream = 1 milk, 2 cream (6 milk), 2 white sugar (4 sugar cane)
- 1 hot fudge = 2 milk chocolate, 1 milk
- 1 brownie = 1 milk chocolate, 2 milk, 1 flour (2 wheat)
- 1 brownie a la mode = 1 brownie, 2 ice cream, 2 hot fudge

...then we're looking at needing to collect (if my math is accurate)...
- 80 cocoa
- 184 milk
- 144 sugar cane
- 16 wheat

...to craft...
- 72 white sugar
- 40 milk chocolate (which will need 40 of those white sugar)
- 32 cream
- 8 flour

...even before we get to the 16 hot fudge, 16 ice cream, and 8 brownies we're going to need. Thankfully, one of the quest requirements is 8 brownies, and the 8 hot fudge we need to craft means we're halfway done with the requirements. But...I don't know about anyone else, but I don't keep that much sugar or milk or flour on hand, so I'm going to be doing a lot of crafting from this point forward!

syncler78
08-01-15, 01:08 PM
My cows are going to be working overtime with this third challenge!

tuffyjkitten
08-01-15, 02:35 PM
My cows are going to be working overtime with this third challenge!

Mine too! I have half my plots planted with sugar cane and the other half with wheat. Got all the brownies made so now I'm creating lots of cow feed.

The requirement for milk chocolate for the hot fudge instead of dark chocolate is annoying. I figured I would need dark chocolate and made a bunch that is just sitting there now. I'm afraid to sell it in case we need it for chocolate chip ice cream or something.

kisten
08-01-15, 02:53 PM
The requirement for milk chocolate for the hot fudge instead of dark chocolate is annoying. I figured I would need dark chocolate and made a bunch that is just sitting there now. I'm afraid to sell it in case we need it for chocolate chip ice cream or something.

Same here. I have 20 dark chocolates plus various hard to get craft/get items like white truffles that I am not willing to give up (yet). However I only have 5 barn space left so will look at what need to be sell next.

Nastylilhobbits
08-01-15, 04:03 PM
Fourth task...

syncler78
08-01-15, 04:12 PM
Fourth task

What are the ingredients for each of the items in the fourth task?

EDIT: Thanks for the update!

siberiahpf
08-01-15, 06:24 PM
milk chocolate is the box of chocolate in the chocolete maker

bss0226
08-01-15, 07:00 PM
What about the items that we can make but can't buy suddenly. Example, the polenta says level 41 but I've been making it since I expanded to truffle forest at around level 30. I can't buy it now on my level 34 and level 40 farms but can buy it if I use the previous version of FS2 from the birthday event....

This needs to be fixed. Not fair to change the level of items

tuffyjkitten
08-01-15, 08:13 PM
Fourth task...

Wait....so we have to make another batch of brownie a la modes because we gave them away in the previous step?

sukyee
08-01-15, 08:29 PM
Next
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/CFA5B8CC-A7EA-427C-9F71-48F1938CB266_zpspeupvuql.png (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/CFA5B8CC-A7EA-427C-9F71-48F1938CB266_zpspeupvuql.png.html)
Gelato recipe:
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/19496BED-4B66-4B35-B88F-B05474927592_zpsrredjemc.jpg (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/19496BED-4B66-4B35-B88F-B05474927592_zpsrredjemc.jpg.html)

tuffyjkitten
08-01-15, 08:48 PM
Well at least the gelato sounds easy...assuming I ever get that far. I'm never eating brownies again!!

Rynetory2
08-01-15, 10:37 PM
You need a lot of box choc for all the brownie goals. Goal 4 (Dial "I" for Ice Cream) and goal 5 (A La Whao!). Also white sugar for all goals. So stock up on these when you see.

Rynetory2
08-01-15, 10:45 PM
Combining all goals.

Ingredients needed : White sugar for all goals. Box chocolate for goal 4 & 5. Start making, buy and stock up for these goals.

GOAL 1 - WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM

GOAL 2 - A CLASSIC CONE

GOAL 3 - SUNDAE SCHOOLED

GOAL 4 - DIAL "I" FOR ICE CREAM

Morgan; A Classic Cone = (3) Waffle Cones+(3) Vanilla ice Creams+(3) Vanilla Cones/Reward 130 coins+ice cream planter+28 stars

Piper; Sundae Schooled = (3) Fried Ice Creams+(3) Waffle Cones+(3) Crazy Cones/Reward 130 coins+silo color skin+28 stars

Morgan: Dial “I” for Ice Cream = (8) Hot Fudges+(8) Brownies+(8) Brownies A La Mode/Reward 130 coins+2 Chocolate Chip Shrubs+28 stars
Hot Fudges recipe=(1) Milk Chocolate+(1) milk made in Chocolatier 1 hr

GOAL 5 - A LA WHAO!

Piper; A La Whoa! 5th Quest= (4) Fried Brownies+(8) Hot Fudges+(4) A La Whoas/Reward 130 coins+Chocolate Shrubs+28 stars
Fried Brownies recipe= 1 Brownie made in Bakery then fried in Deep Fryer 1 hr 20 mins
Brownie A La Mode recipe=(1) Brownie+(2) Vanilla Ice Creams+ (2) Hot Fudges made in Ice Cream Truck 30 mins
A La Whoas recipe= (1) Fried Brownie+(1) Brownie A La Mode made in Ice Cream Truck 1 hr 30 mins
CAUTION: CURRENT QUEST DOES NOT INCLUDE FRIED ICE CREAM make fried brownie
last icon under deep fryer.

GOAL 6
continuing on next post

Rynetory2
08-01-15, 10:49 PM
Continuing from previous post.

Many thanks to all who have provided the info. :D

Basic Ingredients needed: white sugar and milk for all goals. Apples for Goal 7 and 8. Milk chocolate and flour for Goal 9, 10 and 11. Cream for Goal 10 and 11.

GOAL 6 - GO LUCAS, ITS SHERBERT DAY
Gelato = 4 milk + 2 white sugar made in Ice Cream Truck for 2hrs

GOAL 7 - AN APPLE A DAY
Apple Gelato = 4 milk + 2 white sugar + 1 apple made in Ice Cream Truck for 2hr 20mins

GOAL 8 - TASTE THE RAINBOW-LATO
Apple Gelato = 4 milk + 2 white sugar + 1 apple made in Ice Cream Truck for 2hr 20mins
Rainbow-lato = 2 Gelatos + 2 Apple Gelatos made in Ice Cream Truck for 1 hr

GOAL 9 - FUDGE 'N' FIXINS
1. BAKE 8 Brownie Squares
2. MAKE 8 Hot Fudge

Fudge 'n' Fixins
BAKE 8 Brownie Squares
1 Brownie + 1 Hot Fudge 2 hours, 15 minutes Make in the Bakery
MAKE 8 Hot Fudge
2 Milk Chocolate + 1 Milk 1 hour Make in the Chocolatier

Your Ice Cream Truck will idle during this goal...

GOAL 10 - A ROAD WELL TRAVELLED
1. MAKE 10 Cocoa Ice Creams
2. GIVE 10 Rocky Roads
Prize: cow skin
Cocoa Ice Cream = 1 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk made in Ice Cream Truck for 1hr 10mins
Rocky Road = 1 Brownie square + 2 cocoa ice cream made in Ice Cream Truck for 2hrs

A Road Well Traveled:
MAKE 10 Cocoa Ice Creams 2 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk 1 hour, 10 minutes in Ice Cream Truck
GIVE 10 Rocky Roads 1 Brownie Square + 2 Cocoa Ice Cream 2 hours in Ice Cream Truck

Cocoa ice cream requires 1 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk. Correction to the mistake of 2 milk chocolates.

GOAL 11 - ONCE YOU POP
1. Make 10 Rocky Roads (see note below)
2. Mine 6 times
3. Collect 5 pop-candies
Rocky Road = 1 Brownie square + 2 cocoa ice cream made in Ice Cream Truck for 2hrs

Note: There is no need to buy additional pop candies from newspaper. You only need 5 (those you mined) for the next goal.

Do note that Goal 11 was changed midway during event. Make 10 rocky roads was changed to make 1 rocky road. This won't matter because you need 10 rocky road for Goal 12.

ONCE YOU POP. Next goal
Make 10 Rocky Roads
Mine 6 times
Collect 5 pop-candies

Reward $130. An ice cream house. 28 XP

GOAL 12 - A ROAD LESS TRAVELED
1. Make 5 Pop-rocky Roads
2. Give 5 Pop-rocky Roads
Pop-rocky Road = 2 Rocky Roads (from Goal 11) + 1 Pop Rock Candy (from the mine, from Goal 11) made in Ice Cream Truck for 1hr 35mins

Note: No need to prepare ingredients.

A ROAD LESS TRAVELLED

Make 5 pop-rocky roads

Give 5 pop-rocky roads

Pop-rocky roads are made in the ice cream truck, take 1 hr 35 min, use 2 rocky roads and 1 pop rock candy to make

Rewards $130, a three scoop ice cream thing and 28 xp

GOAL 13 - MELTING (Last goal)
Just click. No crafting needed.

The final step is to eat some ice cream. Doesn't require that you have any. Just click. You will get points and XP

No special prize.

What a waste

ICE CREAM TRUCK VS PIPER'S TRUCK
Both trucks are identical except for colours. Both make the same item in same quantity and time.

You can only craft the items required by the current goal. Sadly the app disallows us to craft in advance or while waiting. You will be able to craft brownies when you reach the goal that requires it.

PRIZES
(Pictures of prizes are shown in post below)
Cherry scoop shrub x 1
Ice cream planter x 1
Silo skin
Vanilla scoop shrub x 2
Chocolate scoop shrub x 2
Fudge fountain x 1
Ice cream cottage x 1
Sundae mountain x 1
Skins for the pigs and cows
Skins for the silo, barn and house

So far these are the prizes I have seen from this event!

Two vanilla scoop shrubs
Two chocolate scoop shrubs
One cherry scoop shrub
One ice cream planter
One fudge fountain
One ice cream cottage
One sundae mountain

And I for one love skins!

Rynetory2
08-01-15, 10:54 PM
Sweet Retreat event prizes - decorations

Sweet Retreat event prizes - skins

Hopefully that helps :)

Rynetory2
08-01-15, 11:07 PM
Inztrekfan, it'll be great if you can update to first post. But you can't post all pic cos only 5 pics allowed per post.

nukesters2
08-02-15, 01:40 AM

Good luck everyone.

I am in the same boat. It is so frustrating I quit playing for a while!! I cleaned out my phone, I have 15GB of free space now, have deleted anything I don't need, did a re instal of the game. Still the same. Also it is the only game I have that is doing this. Bakery, restaurant, dragons, and Castle Story which is really graphic intensive is working perfectly!! I have been on Castle Story a lot, they have it set up perfectly as far as gaming goes!! :)

littlebomber2
08-02-15, 02:03 AM
Anyone know what the pop-candy is all about that you get when mining?

eucom
08-02-15, 04:33 AM
I bought a brownie to see if it would count toward event requirements, and it doesn't. Not only does it not count; it doesn't even show in the brownie count in the ice cream truck. It shows up in the count in the barn, but not the truck?! Come on........

ciarjen
08-02-15, 04:34 AM

I would keep them just in case you need them for the next challenge. There's a fried brownie which I have yet to see a recipe for.

EDIT - I have just seen that goals 5 and 6 have been posted

ciarjen
08-02-15, 05:18 AM
I can't see the point of paying 175 gems for Piper's Truck. My free ice cream truck is just sitting idle as it is. I can't make anything because I am waiting on milk chocolates and sauce in the chocolatier.

Considering it takes 4 hours to make 1 sauce in the chocolatier and you need two plus a brownie (another milk chocolate) you can see why my ice cream maker is doing nothing today.

That's fine, I am not in any rush. I just can't see the sense in offering for sale with gems something which you cannot supply.

Now if they put up another chocolatier for sale for 175 gems, I might buy it :D

Sandybellee
08-02-15, 05:36 AM
Oh come on! Just the first brownie and fudge challenge is torture and then there's another one right after! It would help keep up motivation if we at least knew what the final prize is. So not worth it just for decor...

lnztrekfan
08-02-15, 05:53 AM
Hopefully that helps :)

It definitely does help! Thank you so very much! I had no idea that they would use my original post as the event starter and I am definitely NOT a moderator or much of a techie. So I'm very sorry that this isn't up to date and everything like most event threads. I will definitely also not being starting any new posts when I see events coming! Lol!

Once again Thanks to everyone for putting up the info and pics of goals!

Rynetory2
08-02-15, 06:00 AM
It definitely does help! Thank you so very much! I had no idea that they would use my original post as the event starter and I am definitely NOT a moderator or much of a techie. So I'm very sorry that this isn't up to date and everything like most event threads. I will definitely also not being starting any new posts when I see events coming! Lol!

Once again Thanks to everyone for putting up the info and pics of goals!

You are most welcome. :) not sure if it'll help cos it's in the middle of the thread which is difficult to find.

capitalcee
08-02-15, 06:28 AM
I can't see the point of paying 175 gems for Piper's Truck. My free ice cream truck is just sitting idle as it is. I can't make anything because I am waiting on milk chocolates and sauce in the chocolatier.

Considering it takes 4 hours to make 1 sauce in the chocolatier and you need two plus a brownie (another milk chocolate) you can see why my ice cream maker is doing nothing today.

That's fine, I am not in any rush. I just can't see the sense in offering for sale with gems something which you cannot supply.

You're absolutely right, but I'm sure a lot of people bought it. Players for this game don't do the math or critical thinking before making gem purchases.

capitalcee
08-02-15, 06:31 AM
You are most welcome. :) not sure if it'll help cos it's in the middle of the thread which is difficult to find.

You can add to the top of the original post "GO TO PAGE 11 FOR LIST OF GOALS".

Thanks again rynetory2!

snookiedoodle2
08-02-15, 06:49 AM
Two times I have been mining I touch my iPad screen and I get booted out of the game. This has never happened untill the Sweet Retreat version.

Rynetory2
08-02-15, 07:17 AM

Thanks again rynetory2!

Great idea :)

yppahc
08-02-15, 08:16 AM
You're absolutely right, but I'm sure a lot of people bought it. Players for this game don't do the math or critical thinking before making gem purchases.

There is no need to be so rude :confused: In every other event the gem purchased extras make a difference. Why would we think that this event would be any different? and why does that make us stupid?

generalmadness
08-02-15, 08:26 AM
In the pop up graphic for the event, there is a cow with Neapolitan ice cream colors... I am assuming that must be the final goal prize, because that is the only thing we have not seen yet. If there were a pet or similar big prize, I feel like we would have seen it by now! Perhaps that is the goal we will need the sherbets and pop rocks for?

Nastylilhobbits
08-02-15, 08:30 AM
When you get to the Gelatos a second ice cream van becomes helpful, it's 24 hours of crafting with just one.

syncler78
08-02-15, 08:35 AM

I agree that for the first 4(5?) goals it doesn't make sense, but the gelato and apple gelato goals use the ice cream truck, and for those it might make sense to have Piper's Truck. Mind you, I'm still not spending 175 gems for it, but if players think it'll be useful to get those last few goals done faster before time runs out, they might buy it now while it's on sale.

lnztrekfan
08-02-15, 09:09 AM

Thanks again rynetory2!

Done! I had put that beside goal number 5 but at the top is much better! Thanks for suggesting that! :)

capitalcee
08-02-15, 09:19 AM
There is no need to be so rude :confused: In every other event the gem purchased extras make a difference. Why would we think that this event would be any different? and why does that make us stupid?

I disagree. Having the extra doesn't always make a difference. I didn't call anyone stupid, more like impulsive.

schick9119
08-02-15, 09:38 AM
I disagree. Having the extra doesn't always make a difference. I didn't call anyone stupid, more like impulsive.

Why does it matter to you whether a player is impulsive or what they chose to do with THEIR gems??? If people chose to pay to play good for them and teamlava. If a player doesn't want to pay to play good for them too.

capitalcee
08-02-15, 09:50 AM
Why does it matter to you whether a player is impulsive or what they chose to do with THEIR gems??? If people chose to pay to play good for them and teamlava. If a player doesn't want to pay to play good for them too.
Chill out. I was making a comment about my observations. I could say the same to you, why does it matter what I have observed about prior game play. For the record, I purchase gems and have purchased extra machines. I don't always purchase them because they don't seem helpful to me. I've had no issue finishing the goals early and winning the grand prizes.

ankavale1000
08-02-15, 10:05 AM
GOAL : An Apple A Day

1. Make 3 Apple Gelatos
2. Give 3 Apple Gelatos

Each Gelato asks for 4 Milk, 2 Whiten Sugar and 1 apple and takes 2hrs 20min

schick9119
08-02-15, 10:21 AM
Chill out. I was making a comment about my observations. I could say the same to you, why does it matter what I have observed about prior game play. For the record, I purchase gems and have purchased extra machines. I don't always purchase them because they don't seem helpful to me. I've had no issue finishing the goals early and winning the grand prizes.

You're making an "observation" that is laced with opinion. Why call players impulsive? Seems to me you're the one who needs to "chill out". My point is let players play as they wish without discouraging/disparaging comments about their choices. If you don't like people commenting to your posts next time think before you get on a soap box.

Sandybellee
08-02-15, 10:34 AM
In the pop up graphic for the event, there is a cow with Neapolitan ice cream colors... I am assuming that must be the final goal prize, because that is the only thing we have not seen yet. If there were a pet or similar big prize, I feel like we would have seen it by now! Perhaps that is the goal we will need the sherbets and pop rocks for?

That would be very, very disappointing. I hope we find out soon if there is a good grand prize.

generalmadness
08-02-15, 11:21 AM
That would be very, very disappointing. I hope we find out soon if there is a good grand prize.

I agree! However, we don't know what the pop rocks are for, so I am holding out hope. Any chance an admin can weigh in? Pretty please? ;)

generalmadness
08-02-15, 11:25 AM
As far as the gem machines go, I normally buy every advantage I can get for the events, however did not this time because it seems like I end up finishing long before the event ends, and then having to avoid various crafting areas like the mines to avoid wasting effort and ending up with a pile of extra event parts. This one, with the unclear prize situation, makes me feel like not buying the extra machine. We will see how I feel at the end, though, haha!

capitalcee
08-02-15, 11:28 AM
You're making an "observation" that is laced with opinion. Why call players impulsive? Seems to me you're the one who needs to "chill out". My point is let players play as they wish without discouraging/disparaging comments about their choices. If you don't like people commenting to your posts next time think before you get on a soap box.

I don't mind the comments. I'm a big girl I can handle commentary. Every event someone asks about buying the extra gem machine. There are pros and cons to buying the machines and some people weigh there options and some don't (ie the definition of impulsive).

ghjvcucjb
08-02-15, 12:30 PM
I did not buy the gem truck because I don't have enough ingredients to keep two running. At this point my one truck sits idle waiting on boxes of chocolate to make brownies and sauces and the other one that popped up with fried brownies.

ETA: change bananas to brownies...

tuffyjkitten
08-02-15, 12:52 PM
I did not buy the gem truck because I don't have enough ingredients to keep two running. At this point my one truck sits idle waiting on boxes of chocolate to make brownies and sauces and the other one that popped up with fried bananas.

Same here. Chocolate boxes seem to be taking forever to craft and I already have all the ice cream I need for the current goal and the next one. I'm hesitant to make more and waste the milk and sugar. I don't think Piper's truck is that necessary...but if step #14 of this seemingly never ending ice cream event says differently then I will just deal with not having it.

Bananas? I'm not at a level to have bananas yet....oh yay.

nukesters2
08-02-15, 12:56 PM

:( count me as one of them....I had the gems saved up and jumped right on it. Now it just sits there cause everything else takes so long to make.... I am hoping it will be handy later in the challenge. I see for gelato I have all the milk and sugar I need so I can put both trucks to work for that at least. But it looks like it was a waste of gems.
Well I was able to put both trucks to work making gelato....so I will be done the gelato challenge tonight! I hope someone is able to post what comes next soon! :)

schick9119
08-02-15, 01:13 PM
I don't mind the comments. I'm a big girl I can handle commentary. Every event someone asks about buying the extra gem machine. There are pros and cons to buying the machines and some people weigh there options and some don't (ie the definition of impulsive).

Well it's obvious you've failed to see my point. It's not an issue of buying the gem truck or not. I myself chose not to since the prizes aren't ones I'm interested in keeping out on my farm long term. It's valuable to weigh in on options but NOT ADD COMMENTS THAT MAY MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BELITTLED. E nough said about this subject.

On a side note I have two neighbors who have purchased the gem truck who are keeping both trucks busy and are three goals ahead of me though they started later than I did.

amiableal
08-02-15, 01:17 PM
Techno Chaos!!! I have the "ice cream farm" version and my original farm. I've disciplined myself (trial by error) only to make and collect ice cream items for challenges from the "ice cream farm." But just had my credits there for cones, fried ice cream and two out of three accumulated cones erased, putting me back to zero. This is a tech disaster, unacceptable in any game programming!!! TL tech competence, zero.

shedenh
08-02-15, 01:25 PM
Well I can't get Bananas either so think I might just quit the challenge. Have only made a few gelato things so might as well give it up. Wish they woul warn you if you were not at a high enough level to complete the challenge. Oh well I have tons of sugar now.
Same here. Chocolate boxes seem to be taking forever to craft and I already have all the ice cream I need for the current goal and the next one. I'm hesitant to make more and waste the milk and sugar. I don't think Piper's truck is that necessary...but if step #14 of this seemingly never ending ice cream event says differently then I will just deal with not having it.

igottapi4
08-02-15, 01:37 PM
Well I can't get Bananas either so think I might just quit the challenge. Have only made a few gelato things so might as well give it up. Wish they woul warn you if you were not at a high enough level to complete the challenge. Oh well I have tons of sugar now.

Wait, are you kidding? We need bananas? But thats level 40 something. If thats true then thats pretty much cutting more than half the players out of the event. No wonder they added discount so early.

yppahc
08-02-15, 01:54 PM
Wait, are you kidding? We need bananas? But thats level 40 something. If thats true then thats pretty much cutting more than half the players out of the event. No wonder they added discount so early.

None of the tasks that have been mentioned so far have bananas in them. I think somebody mentioned bananas by mistake. This event includes lower level players, why else would we need an ice cream van to make ice cream when some of us already have an ice creamery?

We need more than one chocolatier during normal play and I am still hoping they'll introduce a third windmill.

ankavale1000
08-02-15, 02:04 PM
GOAL : Taste the Rainbow-lato

1. Cook 8 Apple Gelatos
2. Make 8 Rainbow-latos
3. Give 8 Rainbow-latos

Each Rainbow-lato asks for 2 Gelatos and 2 Apple Gelatos and takes 1 hr to make in ice cream truck

igottapi4
08-02-15, 02:39 PM
Well the pop candy is for pop rocky road. I bought one from the newspaper. All I can see is that its chocolate ice cream with pop candy.

I wonder how many pop candy will we need. I only have 13 mining tools lol, also has anyone heard if we will need fishing? I want to make some bait in advance if we do.

bexiboo2
08-02-15, 02:44 PM
I've bought brownie squares and pop rocky road from Stormy, so these must be coming up after the rainbow Latos.
(I'm still making brownies, I feel like I'm way behind!!!

generalmadness
08-02-15, 03:07 PM
OK, that tears it. I am buying the darn truck! ��

ankavale1000
08-02-15, 03:13 PM
OK, that tears it. I am buying the darn truck! ��

I caved in and bought the truck, too. I am glad I did though, cause the additional 8 apple gelatos were starting to test my patience. I wonder how much more to go ... this event had the most recipes so far.

grameys
08-02-15, 03:18 PM
i have alot of brownies and ice cream left can i sell it or will it be needed later?? the option to make anymore has went away

ankavale1000
08-02-15, 03:23 PM
i have alot of brownies and ice cream left can i sell it or will it be needed later?? the option to make anymore has went away

that's a good question. i didn't think we would need the ice cream, but i bought cocoa ice cream from Stormy and i am thinking in order to make that we would need the ice cream? unless, the recipe is milk, sugar, cocoa instead. i honestly don't know. i saves some ice cream just in case.

LuvsHorror
08-02-15, 03:33 PM
Has anyone figured out if this ice cream farm replaces the original farm? Having both takes too much space on my device. I'm afraid to delete the original, tho.

ghjvcucjb
08-02-15, 03:48 PM

Sorry it's fried brownies not bananas! My DD was asking for bananas when I was typing.

tuffyjkitten
08-02-15, 04:09 PM
Sorry it's fried brownies not bananas! My DD was asking for bananas when I was typing.

No problem! But in the birthday event people needed butter for cake batter before they had it unlocked, so it could have happened again.

I swear, no more brownies EVER after this!! :

shedenh
08-02-15, 04:14 PM

Thank goodness lol. I was ready to give up! I broke down and bought the truck too taking forever to make all this stuff. I hate waiting to complete orders.

judyandthecat
08-02-15, 04:36 PM
I caved and bought the truck too before the timer for the sale ends!

tuffyjkitten
08-02-15, 04:48 PM
I think I will get the stupid truck too....I only have 246 gems so if I don't get it now I can't later.

Gelato is off the menu for me from now on as well....

kiwi012345678
08-02-15, 06:35 PM
Add me, need neighbors for train stuffs

bakerystoe
08-02-15, 08:30 PM
Dam is this have the pets? help me on the brownies please

sgoetzinger99
08-02-15, 09:12 PM
I am deleting this game. Can't stand new format, events are ridiculous. If any of my neighbors (Stephanie) see this and need supplies, leave a message on my wall.
And please stop bickering with each other!

snb0009
08-02-15, 11:00 PM
Now Sundae Schooled(GOAL3).
But I can't create Crazy cone and Fried ice creams.

What would you suggest I do?

Rynetory2
08-02-15, 11:14 PM

Have you completed Goal 2 (A classic cone)? Did you give 3 vanilla cones, last part of goal 2? If you see goal 3 in your goal, try force shut your fs2. Start app again and see if you can craft the new items. The new craft items normally appear once you get new goal.

ankavale1000
08-02-15, 11:16 PM

What would you suggest I do?

It looks to me you haven't collected the ice cream from the ice cream truck ... and that your barn space is full. I don't know what the real issue is, but try clearing out your barn first, then collect the ice cream and see if the new goal pops up for you. You need to satisfy all requirements before the new recipe will show up. hope this helps. then again, i may be spewing out useless junk. let me know how this pans out for you.

Rynetory2
08-02-15, 11:22 PM
Thanks Ankavale for the info. :)

Info on pages 11 & 12.

GOAL : Taste the Rainbow-lato

1. Cook 8 Apple Gelatos
2. Make 8 Rainbow-latos
3. Give 8 Rainbow-latos

Each Rainbow-lato asks for 2 Gelatos and 2 Apple Gelatos and takes 1 hr to make in ice cream truck

Continuing from previous cos only 5 pics allowed per post.
Hmmm how do I enlarge the pic?

GOAL 7 - AN APPLE A DAY

1. Cook 8 Apple Gelatos
2. Make 8 Rainbow-latos
3. Give 8 Rainbow-latos

PRIZES
Cherry scoop shrub x 1
Ice cream planter x 1
Silo skin
Vanilla scoop shrub x 2
Fountain
Farmhouse skin

snb0009
08-02-15, 11:30 PM
Yes, Completed!
I got Goal2 reward(Ice Cream Planter).

I try to launch the app again!

generalmadness
08-02-15, 11:33 PM
Jiminy Christmas, how many goals are there? We still haven't seen the Neapolitan cow skin or what looks like a sundae planter...? So, minimum 10 goals? Holy cow! <--- literally.

ozigal
08-02-15, 11:57 PM
Goodness gracious me...I am still trying to make chocolate boxes to make hot fudges..to make ooh Layla's or whatever..I feel like Forest Gump ,no idea what end goal is..just every time I read the pages someone has discovered yet another task/goal..Anyone found the end to it?

bakerystoe
08-03-15, 12:33 AM
Anyone finished yet ? I need brownies and sugar milk chocolate so much! Thanks iD is bakerystoe

ghjvcucjb
08-03-15, 12:58 AM
This edition is kind of buggy. Too many things to describe but some of them include my angel cat turned into three which were all frozen then back to one. The newspaper keeps refreshing over and over every two seconds the same page. Items all appear as glowing balls of light. And now this one which I decide to take a picture of.

emmonkee
08-03-15, 05:34 AM
No pets for prizes?

shedenh
08-03-15, 05:56 AM
Would be nice to know final prize. Hate to think I am doing all this for something that will be in the cellar ��

WindermereBakery
08-03-15, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know if we will be able to delete this version and go back to the original version? The new grass color is terrible!!

shedenh
08-03-15, 07:51 AM
Does anyone know if we will be able to delete this version and go back to the original version? The new grass color is terrible!!

Yes I am having problems with buying things that I could buy before the change. Now they are locked I can sell them but not buy them ! I go to the truffle forest but can't buy them nuts

eucom
08-03-15, 08:17 AM
This edition is kind of buggy. Too many things to describe but some of them include my angel cat turned into three which were all frozen then back to one. The newspaper keeps refreshing over and over every two seconds the same page. Items all appear as glowing balls of light. And now this one which I decide to take a picture of.

Look in settings to make sure your date is correct. *Make sure it's set to auto detect the date.* The picture you show has happened to me a couple of times, and it was the date every time.

Today I started having the balls of light where my sugar was suppose to be. I've spent half the day trying to manufacture sugar and haven't got 1 bag. Ghvcucjb, did it every correct itself?

CottageRose
08-03-15, 09:17 AM
Is anyone else having goals disappear or not show up? I have gelatos are still in the truck, but I have no goals left. The Apple a Day goal is gone and must have finished, as I found the fountain in my cellar.

But the next one, Rainbow-lato, hasn't shown up? I really don't want to miss out on the last prize(?), the Neapolitan farmhouse skin. Please help?

ETA: Now my Apple a Day is back, showing as not complete, but I do still have the fountain. At least, I can continue on. Confusing though...

LuvsHorror
08-03-15, 09:36 AM
I'm making rainbow gelatos now. Is this the last goal? How can we get someone from TeamLava to let us know if we should keep both farms, or delete one, or any info would be appreciated. I like the icecream trucks and will probably keep them out for deco. Also I have seen some glitches, like the store not updating, but otherwise it hasn't been so bad. Two farms is too much for my device.

CottageRose
08-03-15, 09:51 AM
Just can't tolerate buggy problems this week. The last prize seems to be a 'chocolate frosting with rainbow sprinkles' skin for the pigs. Sweet Retreat prizes can be seen at my farm, LarkspurMeadows, for those who want/need to see them.

shedenh
08-03-15, 11:35 AM
Just can't tolerate buggy problems this week. The last prize seems to be a 'chocolate frosting with rainbow sprinkles' skin for the pigs. Sweet Retreat prizes can be seen at my farm, LarkspurMeadows, for those who want/need to see them.

Is this what the rock candy is for? Taking up needed barn space and wonder what it is for. So is the pig skin the last of the quest?

A2TUDE
08-03-15, 01:40 PM
Ok friends what's after Apple day make and give Apple gelatos quest?

tankerslacers
08-03-15, 02:15 PM
Next goal after Rainbow-Latos:

Fudge 'n' Fixins
BAKE 8 Brownie Squares
MAKE 8 Hot Fudge

A2TUDE
08-03-15, 02:36 PM
Ok I'm totally mixed up I got chocolate fountain know doing Apple gelatos...what's the next goal or goals :confused:

kiwi012345678
08-03-15, 03:04 PM
This event final reward is coins only, u giys should not spend any money in this event waste of x

jim23cash
08-03-15, 03:16 PM
I'm making rainbow gelatos now. Is this the last goal? How can we get someone from TeamLava to let us know if we should keep both farms, or delete one, or any info would be appreciated. I like the icecream trucks and will probably keep them out for deco. Also I have seen some glitches, like the store not updating, but otherwise it hasn't been so bad. Two farms is too much for my device.

In other games, like Dragon Story, I've been told to delete the original game while you have a special edition loaded. This helps performance, and prevents you from opening the original one in error. You should only be playing from one version at a time, otherwise it can cause issues. Like make it buggy. After this event, you can delete this version and it's sickening grass color, and reload original version.
Dragon Story does special colors for Halloween, and they go back to normal after we stop using HALLOWEEN edition.
Annie :D

justmine2
08-03-15, 03:41 PM
Coins??? Better be a lot!

kiwi012345678
08-03-15, 04:02 PM
130 coins n 28xp din't know how to post photo for u but it tell u enjoy icecream hahahaha

justmine2
08-03-15, 04:43 PM
Well.... I was hoping for a bull as final prize.... Looks like I got it

judyandthecat
08-03-15, 05:04 PM

Two vanilla scoop shrubs
One cherry scoop shrub
One ice cream planter
One fudge fountain
One ice cream cottage
One sundae mountain

tuffyjkitten
08-03-15, 06:05 PM
'
Next goal after Rainbow-Latos:

Fudge 'n' Fixins
BAKE 8 Brownie Squares
MAKE 8 Hot Fudge

Thanks for this! I had some hot fudge left over and was wondering if I needed it again. Yeah I know I have to make them, but I can get ahead a bit on the brownie crafting and then sell the extra hot fudge afterwards....assuming the goals actually stop at some point!

SeaJelly77
08-03-15, 07:30 PM
What is the pop candy from the mine going to be used for? I have 34 and my barn is stuffed!

crystalrayn3
08-03-15, 07:37 PM

Two vanilla scoop shrubs
One cherry scoop shrub
One ice cream planter
One fudge fountain
One ice cream cottage
One sundae mountain

I agree Judy. The skins are cute & change the farm up a bit!

CottageRose
08-03-15, 08:15 PM

Two vanilla scoop shrubs
One cherry scoop shrub
One ice cream planter
One fudge fountain
One ice cream cottage
One sundae mountain

I love the skins too! This list seems to cover all the prizes. I don't have any of the rocky road paths, so I guess those are only through the market. :D

summit777
08-03-15, 10:16 PM
What is the pop candy from the mine going to be used for?

Can't believe that the event is over without using pop candy. Maybe, there will be more tasks in the next days...

SeaJelly77
08-03-15, 10:28 PM
Can't believe that the event is over without using pop candy. Maybe, there will be more tasks in the next days... but what is this then?? Got it from stormy!

JustKay
08-04-15, 12:58 AM
22410 but what is this then?? Got it from stormy!

Yeah, I bought this too from Stormie and it looks like this uses the pop candy. I also found some other people who were selling (plain) rocky road and cocoa ice cream both of which I haven't seen in any of the goals. Make sense when you look at the pop-rocky road and rocky road as not using vanilla ice cream. I don't know how these users accessed the later goals. One theory could be that they are the fake user accounts that put out randomly selected items (like Stormie) to pad up the newspaper on a slow day. These items did show up directly in the newspaper, not from browsing other players stands. They were also sold in small amounts - 1-2 maybe.

One user I saw a few days ago was pumping out and selling batches of ten of the fried brownie, a la mode, a la woah, gelato, ice cream, crazy cones and hot fudge, but they didn't have any of these mystery items (or they'd been sold). I would think this person would be a speed player so they would have unlocked all the goals by that point.

My thinking is that maybe as this is a long event, S8 have a time delay on the release of the later goals. This means that the speeders won't get so far ahead that they will flood the market with advanced event items early on. Very crafty S8, multiple enhancements to takle the issue of using the newstand to complete events too quickly. First the goals force you to craft the items yourself, and now the goals are time released to prevent speeding too far ahead.

I gotta admit, as much as I'd like to speed ahead easy on the newspaper, I feel properly challenged by this event :D I don't mind if I don't complete this event as sweet items like these aren't really attractive to me.

JustKay
08-04-15, 01:05 AM
' Thanks for this! I had some hot fudge left over and was wondering if I needed it again. Yeah I know I have to make them, but I can get ahead a bit on the brownie crafting and then sell the extra hot fudge afterwards....assuming the goals actually stop at some point!

I think this event is far from over. We still have 14 days! I would recommend you make as much space as possible in the barn and keep all your event items as you may need them later on a yet to be unreleased goal. I'm imagining one spectacularly huge sweet treat feast at the end where you have to give several of each item type from past goals >_< Fingers crossed we don't get that. I think the goals are limited to three criteria per prize, right?

On an event as long and big as this, I woudl be surprised if S8 did not have at least one new pet in there. I wonder what it could be. Maybe something Fantasy Forest inspired like a Strawbeary or a Vanillhama :D Maybe a skin for the llhama's might be something nice and different.

orleansparish
08-04-15, 01:15 AM
I'm so lucky to have found someone selling four fried brownies. I'm almost done with part four. I just need to make 3 more a la modes. I knew there was a reason I hated chocolate all my life. I'm SICK of making it!

orleansparish
08-04-15, 01:21 AM

Ive read so many pages but don't see what the truck does. I know it told that we could make more. But does it shorten the time of normal recipes? If that's so, then I don't care about it either, because it seems as if there are more than enough days for us to make what we need.

I also agree that its time for the option to buy another chocolatier and a 3rd mill where we make flour and sugar. I know its not called a mill but I cant think of its name right now. Its almost 4am and I'm starving!

I really wish theyd consider this. Let us win another machine in pipers house or make them available for gems. I cant pop out enough sugar!

JustKay
08-04-15, 01:25 AM
Pictures or it didn't happen right :) proof for my earlier post.

JustKay
08-04-15, 01:50 AM
This event final reward is coins only, u giys should not spend any money in this event waste of x

Coins??? Better be a lot!

Hard to believe. S8 have done token event completion goals in their other games where the final goal is a push over just to close off the event. It's the penultimate goal that has the best prize and a crazy amount of work involved.

JustKay
08-04-15, 02:04 AM
I can't help thinking about how insane the amount of sugar required for this event is. It looks like the final pet prize will be a Diabetic Fox >_<
Coming soon; Farm Story 2: Dialysis Rehabillitation

yppahc
08-04-15, 02:14 AM
Ive read so many pages but don't see what the truck does. I know it told that we could make more. But does it shorten the time of normal recipes? If that's so, then I don't care about it either, because it seems as if there are more than enough days for us to make what we need.

I also agree that its time for the option to buy another chocolatier and a 3rd mill where we make flour and sugar. I know its not called a mill but I cant think of its name right now. Its almost 4am and I'm starving!

I really wish theyd consider this. Let us win another machine in pipers house or make them available for gems. I cant pop out enough sugar!

The additional truck is like the coin one. The crafting times are the same. The only difference is colour and the fox's head pops out of the window if you click on it.

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 02:58 AM
Pictures or it didn't happen right :) proof for my earlier post.

I'm sure we'll need those for the later goals.

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 02:59 AM
Thanks to those who gave updates. Do anyone know whats goal 10?

Info will be updated on page 12.

Ingredients needed: white sugar for all goals. Milk chocolate for Goal 9.

GOAL 7 - AN APPLE A DAY

1. Cook 8 Apple Gelatos
2. Make 8 Rainbow-latos
3. Give 8 Rainbow-latos

2. MAKE 8 Hot Fudge

GOAL 10 - anyone??

Both trucks are identical except for colours. Both make the same item in same quantity and time.

PRIZES
Cherry scoop shrub x 1
Ice cream planter x 1
Silo skin
Vanilla scoop shrub x 2
Fudge fountain x 1
Ice cream cottage x 1
Sundae mountain x 1

sweetdeda
08-04-15, 04:03 AM
I've been playing FS2 for a long time, this is by far the worst event. The amount of ingredients needed to make the items is rediculous. The prizes are not even worth it. And the fact that we had to download a different app to participate, really annoying, nothing like sucking away the memory on my iPad.

JustKay
08-04-15, 04:18 AM
This is so bad... I'm now googling sweet treats.

Fact: Apple Gelato is not made with apples. It's just gelato formed into the shape of an apple around a cherry core.
http://www.mrpisagelato.com.au/images/large/gelato_apple.jpg

maryamhjm
08-04-15, 05:27 AM
Hot fudge is with 2 chocolate boxes and 1 milk

eucom
08-04-15, 05:39 AM
Wondering why the brownie option disappeared if I need them to make brownie squares? I was going to make them while I was working on the gelato goals.......

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 05:54 AM
Wondering why the brownie option disappeared if I need them to make brownie squares? I was going to make them while I was working on the gelato goals.......

You can only craft the items required by the current goal. Sadly the app disallows us to craft in advance or while waiting. You will be able to craft brownies when you reach the goal that requires it.

eucom
08-04-15, 06:23 AM

Sadly is correct. I think it's just another way for Team Lava to encourage the use/purchase of gems.

vjd007
08-04-15, 06:48 AM
One strange thing that I have noticed about this event. Unlike previous events, Android users are able to see and purchase the items from newspapers and neighbors from this event. Though we cannot use them in anyway whatsoever (as the event is not on Android), we are able to purchase. Is this a glitch or is there something down the line for Android users?

generalmadness
08-04-15, 08:07 AM
Nah. Chinese New Year was still worse. Crafting special bait with hard-to-get, luck based items, and then having it not even catch the "lucky" fish, which you needed ONE MILLION of? Definitely worse than this one, which is just a monotonous, endless chocolate factory.

Edit: meant to respond to Sweetdeda!

syncler78
08-04-15, 08:19 AM
this is so bad... I'm now googling sweet treats.

Fact: Apple gelato is not made with apples. It's just gelato formed into the shape of an apple around a cherry core.
http://www.mrpisagelato.com.au/images/large/gelato_apple.jpg

that. Looks. Awesome!

sukyee
08-04-15, 08:28 AM
The new skin to the pig is yummy!!!!
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/wsukyee/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/6C621073-EC15-4B65-BE0C-2457263BDF93.png_zpspxw0iwlo.jpeg (http://s556.photobucket.com/user/wsukyee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/6C621073-EC15-4B65-BE0C-2457263BDF93.png_zpspxw0iwlo.jpeg.html)

tankerslacers
08-04-15, 08:46 AM
After Fudge 'n' Fixins

A Road Well Traveled:
MAKE 10 Cocoa Ice Creams 2 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk 1 hour, 10 minutes in Ice Cream Truck
GIVE 10 Rocky Roads 1 Brownie Square + 2 Cocoa Ice Cream 2 hours in Ice Cream Truck

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 08:57 AM
Many thanks to tankerslacers for the info. I wonder if this is the last goal. Geez how many are there? :confused:

After Fudge 'n' Fixins

A Road Well Traveled:

Basic Ingredients needed: white sugar for all goals. Milk chocolate for Goal 9 and 10. Cream for Goal 10.

GOAL 7 - AN APPLE A DAY

2. MAKE 8 Hot Fudge

GOAL 10 - A ROAD WELL TRAVELLED

GOAL 11 (if any) - anyone??

PRIZES
Cherry scoop shrub x 1
Ice cream planter x 1
Silo skin
Vanilla scoop shrub x 2
Fudge fountain x 1
Ice cream cottage x 1
Sundae mountain x 1

yppahc
08-04-15, 09:12 AM
I've been playing FS2 for a long time, this is by far the worst event. The amount of ingredients needed to make the items is rediculous. The prizes are not even worth it. And the fact that we had to download a different app to participate, really annoying, nothing like sucking away the memory on my iPad.

This is a case of S8 cannot do right for doing wrong. There have been plenty of times when players have complained about not having a special version of the game during holiday events. Now we have one and some players aren't happy either.

As far as I know we only need one version of the game as our farms are saved on a server. I have the same farm on my ipad and iphone without any problems. So delete the normal version until you finish the event.

syncler78
08-04-15, 09:56 AM
So where in all of those goals is the pop candy needed?

schick9119
08-04-15, 10:03 AM
This is a case of S8 cannot do right for doing wrong. There have been plenty of times when players have complained about not having a special version of the game during holiday events. Now we have one and some players aren't happy either.

As far as I know we only need one version of the game as our farms are saved on a server. I have the same farm on my ipad and iphone without any problems. So delete the normal version until you finish the event.

The only reason some people are keeping the older version of the game is due to issues with previously unlocked items being locked for those players who are at lower levels. These issues have been brought to teamlava's attention since the event started but still has not been resolved.

schick9119
08-04-15, 10:07 AM
So where in all of those goals is the pop candy needed?

I think it's used for a rocky road Sundae. Stormy had one in his shop the other day and looked to be topped with the pop rocks.

yppahc
08-04-15, 10:42 AM
The only reason some people are keeping the older version of the game is due to issues with previously unlocked items being locked for those players who are at lower levels. These issues have been brought to teamlava's attention since the event started but still has not been resolved.

Oh I see, then I understand the annoyance!

Suterfarm
08-04-15, 10:44 AM
What are the pop rock candies found in the mine used for?

Suterfarm
08-04-15, 10:46 AM
Never mind - just saw the other post :eek:

syncler78
08-04-15, 10:47 AM
I think it's used for a rocky road Sundae. Stormy had one in his shop the other day and looked to be topped with the pop rocks.

Whoever has gotten to the "A Road Well Traveled" goal, can you please double check the recipe for the Rocky Road Sundae? The last post about it only shows 1 Brownie + 2 Cocoa Ice Cream. Thanks!

farmer1600
08-04-15, 11:04 AM
just finished goal 4 and then put everything ice cream related in the store for sale - Very difficult tedious event with very little reward:(

olcastle
08-04-15, 11:09 AM

I'm keeping older downgraded version because the machines are still not broken there. I can't play at all on any other version.

schick9119
08-04-15, 01:09 PM
Whoever has gotten to the "A Road Well Traveled" goal, can you please double check the recipe for the Rocky Road Sundae? The last post about it only shows 1 Brownie + 2 Cocoa Ice Cream. Thanks!

I'm not there yet but I have an item called pop-Rocky road. Looks to be sprinkled with pop rocks

otgland
08-04-15, 02:53 PM
Oh no!!! I just realized that the rocky road icecream I collected from my diamond truck did not register! I collected in the NEW version of game!!!

Playing on an iPad mini

Please help

Never mind!!! They go into barn- feeling stupid!

quinnmichelle
08-04-15, 03:12 PM
Mee too my brownies did not register on the goal

quinnmichelle
08-04-15, 03:57 PM
Did it register on the goal

JustKay
08-04-15, 03:59 PM
Nah. Chinese New Year was still worse. Crafting special bait with hard-to-get, luck based items, and then having it not even catch the "lucky" fish, which you needed ONE MILLION of? Definitely worse than this one, which is just a monotonous, endless chocolate factory.

Edit: meant to respond to Sweetdeda!

Literally 1 million?? Wow, glad I was on haitus for that event. I guess S8 do need to make money and this event is not so bad. It is a bit glitchy though.

JustKay
08-04-15, 04:03 PM
After Fudge 'n' Fixins

A Road Well Traveled:

Phew, I was worried the Rocky Road (& Pop Rocky Road) would require a new item Marshmallow which could only come from the ice cream truck. A rocky road with no marshmallow sounds dodgy but in this case horray!

Looks like we're getting close to the finish. Light at the end of the tunnel. Only the Pop Rocky Road goal to unveil :D

It's a shame they didn't lock the pop candy item to the goal like they did with all the other craftable items. So many people selling these right now, and it's possible the goal for the Pop Rocky Road will include a task to mine fresh pop candy >_< I bought like 23 from the newspapers and I'm not even sure I'll use them.

sweetdeda
08-04-15, 05:25 PM
So I had a few minutes at work today and got on my farm, I collected 4 gelatoes that were done. Got home and they are no where, and did not count toward my goal. I of course realized it must be bc my phone is just the normal app, well that's bs it let me collect them they should count. I know the normal app won't let me make anything for this event, but why could I collect if it wasn't going to count. Frustration has beyond set in for this event and for what sprinkled pigs??? No thanks I'm throwing in the towel. If it wasn't for a few neighbors I like to pop In And say hi to from time to time I'd probably delete both the apps.

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 05:28 PM
Cocoa ice cream requires 1 milk chocolate + 2 cream + 2 milk. Correction to the mistake of 2 milk chocolates.

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 05:30 PM

Is there a rocky road in this goal? :confused:

bss0226
08-04-15, 05:37 PM
ONCE YOU POP. Next goal

Make 10 Rocky Roads
Mine 6 times
Collect 5 pop-candies

Rynetory2
08-04-15, 05:46 PM
ONCE YOU POP. Next goal

Make 10 Rocky Roads
Mine 6 times
Collect 5 pop-candies

Many thanks Bss0226 for the info.

I wonder how many more to go.

tuffyjkitten
08-04-15, 05:51 PM
Noooooo....not more brownies and hot fudge! Make it stop!!!

generalmadness
08-04-15, 06:44 PM
Literally 1 million?? Wow, glad I was on haitus for that event. I guess S8 do need to make money and this event is not so bad. It is a bit glitchy though.

Haha, not LITERALLY one million... I tend to be hyperbolic in my choice of words. It FELT like one million, though! Equally impossible to achieve. In theory, this one is just a GRIND of making milk chocolate FOREVER (there I go again; not LITERALLY forever)!

JustKay
08-04-15, 10:56 PM
ONCE YOU POP. Next goal

Make 10 Rocky Roads
Mine 6 times
Collect 5 pop-candies

this cant be the last one. they havent asked u to make to pop rocky roads or give them. at least one more goal to go i think. still more than 10 days left too

bss0226
08-04-15, 11:42 PM
A ROAD LESS TRAVELLED

Make 5 pop-rocky roads

Give 5 pop-rocky roads

Pop-rocky roads are made in the ice cream truck, take 1 hr 35 min, use 2 rocky roads and 1 pop rock candy to make

Rewards $130, a three scoop ice cream thing and 28 xp

igottapi4
08-05-15, 01:14 AM
OMG! How much more???? This is the first event I ever participate in, couldnt resist the cuteness, but holy **** so much milk choco.

I still have 69 milk chocos to go and that after buying around 16 in the market plus I got lucky and found some goods already made.

Nevermind that it will take me at least 8 to 9 days to complete the tasks till A ROAD LESS TRAVELLED. I hope we dont get much more.

I just had to pick a crazy one for my first event lol

thesadlittlefarm
08-05-15, 01:35 AM
Has anyone figured out if this ice cream farm replaces the original farm? Having both takes too much space on my device. I'm afraid to delete the original, tho.

When I got a new IPad, I had to reload this game and all my stuff was still there. They keep our farms on their servers, as far as I can tell. I did delete the regular version because of that.

calilive213
08-05-15, 04:19 AM
Is there going to be a pet at the end of quests or just decor?
I'd like to know now so that I don't waste too much effort
for stuff that just ends up in storage.

Exactly. These prizes seem terrible. Glad I know now so I don't waste too much time on this quest.

Annica5
08-05-15, 06:32 AM
I love events and the extra purpose they give to farming but this is beginning to tax my patience. Struggling with hot fudge, still on goal 4 (I think) and now I can't go mining since there is no iron or silver there, only pop rocks! Give me a break!

Sandybellee
08-05-15, 06:32 AM
Noooooo....not more brownies and hot fudge! Make it stop!!!

Lol! Exactly! This is madness. Good for my eating habits, though. I can't even stand the idea of brownies or hot fudge! :)

I only just started goal 6 so a loooong way to go.

syncler78
08-05-15, 07:34 AM
I love events and the extra purpose they give to farming but this is beginning to tax my patience. Struggling with hot fudge, still on goal 4 (I think) and now I can't go mining since there is no iron or silver there, only pop rocks! Give me a break!

Exactly this! I have a glut of shovels and pickaxes. I'm still doing deliveries, train orders, and the balloon as long as they don't need any chocolate, but I can't do any mining either. I already have 10 pop rocks clogging up my barn and they'll be there for awhile since I'm only on the 5th goal!

kooky panda
08-05-15, 09:20 AM
Mee too my brownies did not register on the goal

There a fried brownies on one goal and regular brownies on another goal.
Are you sure you made the right brownie for the goal you are working on? (check post 1)