PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Retreat Event (IOS only)

Pages : 1 [2]

mamareader02
08-05-15, 09:21 AM
Just got lucky-a neighbor sold 9 boxes of milk chocolate,sweet Jesus,thank you!!!!!!!

JustKay
08-05-15, 09:35 AM
Found someone selling 10 gelatos! Stormie also gave me two apple gelatos! Thank god for the newspaper! Now all I gotta focus on is the remaining apple gelatos and the rainbow-lato.

Been churning out milk chocolates and cream in the mean time in preparation for the next goals. Leaving them stockpiled outside my buildings as I need to keep my remaining barn space free for the bonanza of upgrade and expansion parts happening right now (650 slots is not enough!). Looks like lots of people are clearing out their barns for space!

If the prizes end on the three scoop sundae, then I am disappointed. All that work for a simple decoration. I've never worked so hard on a past event.

lnztrekfan
08-05-15, 09:44 AM
Have a question and I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is or if it has happened to them. You know when you click on your market, you can click the tab to see what is in stormie's and your neighbors' markets without visiting? I have a new person there named Eric. I then clicked visit farm and it says it is Polyface. Same profile pic but different name. Normally you see their name at the left hand side of screen when visiting and it is always the same name that is in your market. Anyway I'm not friends with either Eric or polyface and I also had one named Todd earlier pop up but he disappeared. Why are they in there when we are not neighbors?

plby
08-05-15, 09:51 AM
Question came up in-game, and I'm sure more than just my neighbour wants to know, is this event iOS only?

jim23cash
08-05-15, 10:30 AM
I have been making chocolates almost non stop, and I just got to the deep fried brownies goal. I don't know how everyone is going so fast! I hope I can finish the event in time! I will say, I think requiring so many milk chocolates, brownies and hot fudges is ridiculous. There's so many things we could have used to make ice creams, sundaes, sorbets and other treats... Like strawberries, blackberries, honey, marmalade, jellies, fruits, peanuts, nut brittle, taffy, etc. I am so sick of making the same things over and over! How about a little more variety next time, TL?
And what's the deal with pop rocks in mine from the beginning, when you don't need them until nearer the end of the event? How about just adding pop rocks to the normal mine output? That way it doesn't make the mine almost unusable during events! I feel like it's a waste of tools to mine right now, because I get way too many pop rocks, and not enough metal to make anything. How many do we need anyway? It looks like we have to mine 6 times when we get there, then maybe need 8 more after that? I've got more than that already.
I like events, but this one is kind of a drag. I'm not that excited about the prizes either. Eh.

kooky panda
08-05-15, 10:39 AM
Question came up in-game, and I'm sure more than just my neighbour wants to know, is this event iOS only?
Yes....

orleansparish
08-05-15, 10:44 AM
I have been making chocolates almost non stop, and I just got to the deep fried brownies goal. I don't know how everyone is going so fast! I hope I can finish the event in time! I will say, I think requiring so many milk chocolates, brownies and hot fudges is ridiculous. There's so many things we could have used to make ice creams, sundaes, sorbets and other treats... Like strawberries, blackberries, honey, marmalade, jellies, fruits, peanuts, nut brittle, taffy, etc. I am so sick of making the same things over and over! How about a little more variety next time, TL?
And what's the deal with pop rocks in mine from the beginning, when you don't need them until nearer the end of the event? How about just adding pop rocks to the normal mine output? That way it doesn't make the mine almost unusable during events! I feel like it's a waste of tools to mine right now, because I get way too many pop rocks, and not enough metal to make anything. How many do we need anyway? It looks like we have to mine 6 times when we get there, then maybe need 8 more after that? I've got more than that already.
I like events, but this one is kind of a drag. I'm not that excited about the prizes either. Eh.

That's the same thing I wondered and came here to post. How the heck are yall moving so fast?! I was lucky to have four fried browned and thought I'd get through that portion quickly, BUT NOOOOO, they want me to MAKE them myself. So four perfectly good fried brownies gone down the drain. I have the stuff to make everything but saw I need more chocolate sauce. I have the chocolates but have a train order for chocolate oranges and went ahead and made five to get that out of the way. So now I'm at a standstill.

And the recipes seem to get harder and take more effort. This is the pits! I'm on part four and probably won't finish until tomorrow.

plby
08-05-15, 10:51 AM
Kooky, thanks for checking. That's what we suspected tho.

orleansparish
08-05-15, 02:25 PM
I'm an idiot. I sold five fried brownies by accident, forgetting or rather thinking I didn't need them for the a la mode. Duh! And curse whomever bought them. I seriously need some sleep. I'll pick up again tomorrow.

JustKay
08-05-15, 02:32 PM
That's the same thing I wondered and came here to post. How the heck are yall moving so fast?! I was lucky to have four fried browned and thought I'd get through that portion quickly, BUT NOOOOO, they want me to MAKE them myself. So four perfectly good fried brownies gone down the drain. I have the stuff to make everything but saw I need more chocolate sauce. I have the chocolates but have a train order for chocolate oranges and went ahead and made five to get that out of the way. So now I'm at a standstill.

And the recipes seem to get harder and take more effort. This is the pits! I'm on part four and probably won't finish until tomorrow.

I hit the newspapers hard and early on in an event as the speed players will usually finish early and dump whatever they made in excess on the market in large batches. In this event, I bought about 10 a la mode, 10 gelato, 10 crazy cones, 10 brownies, 20 a la woahs, 10 ice cream from just one farm... when I was still making ice cream and cones. That was just what I could grab at the time. Got 10 gelato from someone else later. Even found cocoa ice cream, rocky road and pop rocky road before the goals were mentioned on this thread. At the time I had no idea what they were for (or even what they were called), but they were new, I had space and I could buy them, so I did. Just like any other day at the mall >_< Stormie's also given me apple gelato and brownies. Not all of this was useful the way S8 created the goals, but some of it allowed me to save crafting time at the ice cream truck. Really useful as I didn't buy the extra piper's truck. I also avoid selling items until I am dead set certain I won't need them again. I held onto a couple of crazy cones for way too long.

I have a decent amount of spare space (~620 at the start of the event, now at 650) to do this because I scoop up a lot of upgrade parts during events like this. yesterday someone put out 10 paint cans, another 3 cans from someone else and i'm almost at my next upgrade! the space really helps during item heavy events like this. Even with the spare space, I carefully plan my crafting and use the barn maximum limit to stockpile key items outside buildings until I need them. Right now I have a ton of milk chocolate waiting to be collected at my chocolatier for the last few goals. Same with cream for my dairy, ready for when I need them. I keep them out of my barn to make sure space is available for upgrade parts or event items. When the next hot fudge task comes up, I can put my milk chocolate stockpile straight back into the chocolatier. Luckily the fudge is only 1 hour.

As you can imagine, I have to put everything else on hold. I can still do balloon deliveries, but I've settled on only getting 2 gems from every train delivery (even buying items to fill orders rather than craft them). I don't do plane deliveries anymore anyway, unless the event calls for it. That means I don't have to mine, and any fish I get I put on sale. Any buildings not occupied doing event tasks, I put to work making other stuff that I just sell so that I can afford to buy upgrade and expansion parts, and items for the event no matter what price when they come up. I noticed recently that milk chocolate is coming up a lot more often, so other players who might not care about the event are probably pitching in to help others or meet a ramp up in demand.

I'm far from leading the pack on this, but I'm halfway through the rainbow-lato goal which is a good way in. Haven't spent any gems, and still only running the one ice cream truck. Only have one of each building and animal pen type. I still have brownies left over ready for the later goals, and maybe twice as much pop rock as I need. I have mining tools at the ready since I don't use any in normal play, while many people are dumping theirs as they make more off them than pop-rocks. This forum thread really helps in terms of planning what to do and what not to do next.

I think you will probably find more event items for sale as more people finish up and dispose of their extra items later on. Not as much as in past events since you lose the ability to craft items after you complete the goal, but it could still help. The later goals are also more newspaper friendly since the items are complex enough S8 can't force you to craft every ingredient. Before you finish your a la mode using goals, while your ice cream truck is working away on the a la mode & a la woah, keep churning out brownies and hot fudge (or milk chocolate) as these will come in handy later. Avoid collecting the hot fudge and just leave it sitting outside your chocolatier so that it can count towards future goals. you may be able to buy any extra milk chocolate you need to do this off the newspapers. you could do the same with the brownies. it's a bit tricky working your barn maximum limit to keep from collecting, but it should save time later. I usually use cow milk and cow feed (milk cows, collect feed, but don't feed cows immediately) to max out my barn limit because it's quick and easy to create and equally quick to use up in the dairy.

Good luck.

Rynetory2
08-05-15, 03:00 PM
I hope S8 won't lock up sale of event items for future events after reading this. :confused:

JustKay
08-05-15, 03:09 PM
I hope S8 won't lock up sale of event items for future events after reading this. :confused:

They tried that with the last event, and it didn't really work. There was an uproar when people had their barns maxed out on useless stuff they couldn't throw away or sell. I also previously raised the point that S8 simply want gems to be spent. So even though I didn't spend gems on the 10 gelato, the speed player did, and they will again when they realise they still needed those gelatos later >_< While i benefited from the gelatos for free, gems were still likely bought and spent in putting them into the game. S8 wins! In fact they would have sold less gems if the speed player couldn't sell the gelato. They would have kept the gelato and used it in the later goal (or not speed crafted/bought it in the first place when they didn't really need it). I would not have spent gems to finish this event regardless, as the prizes don't really pop for me.

I'm also tracking at a much slower speed than say during the May Flower event where I was finished in a day or two. This event is actually a bit of a challenge. I think this is a sign that the changes S8 made have 're-balanced' the game. I should still finish with time to spare, but that was from a lot of hard work shopping the newspaper.

JustKay
08-05-15, 03:36 PM
... I will say, I think requiring so many milk chocolates, brownies and hot fudges is ridiculous. There's so many things we could have used to make ice creams, sundaes, sorbets and other treats... Like strawberries, blackberries, honey, marmalade, jellies, fruits, peanuts, nut brittle, taffy, etc. I am so sick of making the same things over and over! How about a little more variety next time, TL?

While I concur, someone mentioned this before about bananas and it's because a lot of those items are only unlocked at higher levels. S8 want the event to be open to as much of the player base as possible so they need to stick to basic items. Half the items you listed I don't have access to craft\grow for instance. It's also a pretty good incentive to speed up crafting with gems, no doubt. They could have just used simple chocolate.

LuvsHorror
08-05-15, 03:46 PM

I have my factories going non stop, and scour the paper and neighbors all day. I even check during the night. Plus, I have a small farm on another device, WereThing, that helps with supplies. And a few gems here and there. 😉

bss0226
08-05-15, 04:01 PM
The final step is to eat some ice cream. Doesn't require that you have any. Just click. You will get points and XP

No special prize.

What a waste

dragon2046
08-05-15, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know exactly how many of the pop candy things we need? I have a barn full ! If I don't need them I would love to sell some. Thanks for any info. :)
S8 I like this event but it requires way to much of the same ingredients in the same machine very very slow !

igottapi4
08-05-15, 04:37 PM
Finally I finished collecting all the milk chocolate . Thank god for the newspaper. Now I just need to make everything which if my calculations are correct it will take me about 8 to 9 days.

I will be making Milk chocolate for sale from now on, except for when the last 8 hot fudge I will need to make for the goal when I get it in a few days.

fish63
08-05-15, 04:42 PM
I have made 8 geletos. It shows I gave 8 ,but only made 4! Glitch? Help!

Rynetory2
08-05-15, 04:44 PM
Many thanks to all who had provided the event info. There are 13 goals for this event. Details are found on pages 11 & 12 of this thread. Click on the links to see actual post for pictures and comments of fellow farmers.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page11
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page12

If there's anything missing or incorrect, pls feel free to correct. thanks. Good luck to all. :D

Just to add. Many thanks S8 for this event. :)

Rynetory2
08-05-15, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know exactly how many of the pop candy things we need? I have a barn full ! If I don't need them I would love to sell some. Thanks for any info. :)
S8 I like this event but it requires way to much of the same ingredients in the same machine very very slow !

You will only need 5 pop rock candy. The goal requires you to mine 5, so you need not keep extras.

dragon2046
08-05-15, 04:49 PM
You will only need 5 pop rock candy. The goal requires you to mine 5, so you need not keep extras.

Thank u so much. I think they need to do something with the mine then cuz that's all I get. Lol. :)

Rynetory2
08-05-15, 04:52 PM
Thank u so much. I think they need to do something with the mine then cuz that's all I get. Lol. :)

At least now you get more barn space after selling the rest. Happy cooking. :)

bss0226
08-05-15, 05:22 PM
Many thanks to all who had provided the event info. There are 13 goals for this event. Details are found on pages 11 & 12 of this thread.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page11
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83577-Sweet-Retreat-Event-(IOS-only)/page12

If there's anything missing or incorrect, pls feel free to correct. thanks. Good luck to all. :D

Goal 13 is MELTING ...
Eat ice cream. Just click. You need nothing
Then you get credit for coins and XP. nothing else

LAME!

fish63
08-05-15, 06:11 PM
Figured out what happened to geleto. Went to old farm. Ice cream trucks were there and I collected from them. Realized something was wrong when it wouldn't let me make more. So now they aren't showing up on new game! Boo!

moinkmama
08-05-15, 07:57 PM
Can anyone confirm/clarify....for a newer player like myself who hasn't expanded to the mine yet, will there be a way to complete the goals WITHOUT spending gems to skip the mining requirement in #11? If not, can anyone tell me which goals give you the skins for pigs/cows? I don't want to fight through all these brownies and sauces just to get stuck 3 goals from the end and not be able to get the prizes I want anyway :)

lnztrekfan
08-05-15, 08:33 PM
Can anyone confirm/clarify....for a newer player like myself who hasn't expanded to the mine yet, will there be a way to complete the goals WITHOUT spending gems to skip the mining requirement in #11? If not, can anyone tell me which goals give you the skins for pigs/cows? I don't want to fight through all these brownies and sauces just to get stuck 3 goals from the end and not be able to get the prizes I want anyway :)

Goal 7 gives you a skin for the farmhouse
Goal 8 Taste the Rainbow-Lato gives you the skins for the pig.
Goal 9 gives you a skin for the barn.

Rynetory2
08-05-15, 10:01 PM
Goal 13 is MELTING ...
Eat ice cream. Just click. You need nothing
Then you get credit for coins and XP. nothing else

LAME!

Many thanks, updated. :)

jmavs8
08-06-15, 12:23 AM

Please let me know if you are willing to sell. I haven't expanded to the mine yet, so I will be stumped if I ever reach that goal!

jmavs8
08-06-15, 03:00 AM
Can anyone confirm how many pop rock we need? I lucked out and got a bunch from the newspaper, if I have extra, I would like to sell it so someone else who is short or doesn't have the mine yet, like me, can use them.

Also, do we have to use gems to bypass the mine goal? If so, does anyone know how many? I don't have the mine yet.

Thanks!

JustKay
08-06-15, 04:51 AM
Figured out what happened to geleto. Went to old farm. Ice cream trucks were there and I collected from them. Realized something was wrong when it wouldn't let me make more. So now they aren't showing up on new game! Boo!

Don't worry, it's not a lost cause. They should still be in your barn, even if they don't count towards your tally. These will still come in handy with the rainbow-latos. You need quite a few spare gelatos (and the goal doesn't count all of them up). Your 'lost' gelatos will still be used. Make sure you don't sell them off.

JustKay
08-06-15, 04:53 AM
Please let me know if you are willing to sell. I haven't expanded to the mine yet, so I will be stumped if I ever reach that goal!

From what I saw, the goal actually includes a task to mine the pop candy, so if you haven't expanded to the mine, you should try to do so as fast as you can now. There are a lot of expansion parts being put out during the event as people clear their barn space for event items. Likewise with mining tools. Perfect chance! :D

JustKay
08-06-15, 04:58 AM
Many thanks to all who had provided the event info. There are 13 goals for this event. Details are found on pages 11 & 12 of this thread. Click on the links to see actual post for pictures and comments of fellow farmers.

Thanks for doing such a great job collecting all the *** bits of info and updating your post. I'm sure it's been really helpful to everyone.

caitie2609
08-06-15, 05:57 AM
Has anyone had anything weird happening with their newspaper shop thing? on the other app before this event I had the mine and could buy gold and other ores, now in stormies shop it says I need level 31 to buy gold. also things I shouldn't be able to buy in my shop are in there like alpaca wool and plants from the water garden, both of which I haven't reached. why is it doing this? can anyone help?

crystalrayn3
08-06-15, 07:15 AM
Goal 7 gives you a skin for the farmhouse
Goal 8 Taste the Rainbow-Lato gives you the skins for the pig.
Goal 9 gives you a skin for the barn.

If there's 13 Goals to complete, does anyone have their requirements? Also, I thought a new cow skin was being offered as a prize?

summit777
08-06-15, 07:20 AM
If there's 13 Goals to complete, does anyone have their requirements? Also, I thought a new cow skin was being offered as a prize?
yes, all the information is on page 11/12, that's very helpful :)

the cow skin is the reward of goal 10

Rynetory2
08-06-15, 07:58 AM
Can anyone confirm how many pop rock we need? I lucked out and got a bunch from the newspaper, if I have extra, I would like to sell it so someone else who is short or doesn't have the mine yet, like me, can use them.

Also, do we have to use gems to bypass the mine goal? If so, does anyone know how many? I don't have the mine yet.

Thanks!

You need 104 gems to bypass the mine goal. If you are able to open mine, it's cheaper to do so than bypass. The prize is a decoration, ice cream cottage.

Thanks for doing such a great job collecting all the *** bits of info and updating your post. I'm sure it's been really helpful to everyone.

Welcome :)

syncler78
08-06-15, 08:13 AM
Has anyone had anything weird happening with their newspaper shop thing? on the other app before this event I had the mine and could buy gold and other ores, now in stormies shop it says I need level 31 to buy gold. also things I shouldn't be able to buy in my shop are in there like alpaca wool and plants from the water garden, both of which I haven't reached. why is it doing this? can anyone help?

I'm getting this as well. I was wondering what some of these images were...alpaca wool and water garden plants. I don't have either as well...but I could buy them if I wanted to!

ciarjen
08-06-15, 08:20 AM

Yes it has, thank you rynetory2 :)

Rynetory2
08-06-15, 09:28 AM
Yes it has, thank you rynetory2 :)

Welcome Ciarjen :) I'm just returning in kind. You, Judy and others did such a wonderful job for past events. :D

dragon2046
08-06-15, 10:52 AM

Sorry just started to read the forum did u get the pop candy yet ?

Ok guess u don't need the pop candy since goal requires u to mine it. Sorry. Good luck :)

syncler78
08-06-15, 12:21 PM
Okay, so I did the (lots of) math and came up with what goals 6-12 require in terms of total basic ingredients and time. This assumes that nothing is bought from neighbors and/or Stormie, no using gems to speed things up, and using only one ice cream truck (so, worst case scenario). I'm still on goal 6 so I wanted to see how much longer I have to slug through all of this. My advice to everyone: make as much milk chocolate and cream as you possibly can BEFORE you get to these goals!

EDIT: I added a line that recalculates the total time assuming you've already got the milk chocolate you will need for the goal.

Goal 6 - Go Lucas, It's Sherbert Day
Ingredients: 48 milk, 48 sugarcane
Things to make ahead: 24 White Sugar
Time: 24 hours

Goal 7 - An Apple A Day
Ingredients: 12 milk, 12 sugarcane, 3 apples
Things to make ahead: 6 White Sugar
Time: 7 hours

Goal 8 - Taste the Rainbow-lato
Ingredients: 128 milk, 128 sugarcane, 16 apples
Things to make ahead: 64 White Sugar
Time: 77 hours 20 minutes

Goal 9 - Fudge 'n' Fixins
Ingredients: 32 cocoa, 48 milk, 32 sugarcane, 16 wheat
Things to make ahead: 16 White Sugar, 16 Milk Chocolate, 8 Flour
Maximum Time: 44 hours (this assumes that you do not overlap making ingredients between chocolatier and bakery)
Time without Milk Chocolate: 20 hours

Goal 10 - A Road Well Traveled
Ingredients: 60 cocoa, 210 milk, 60 sugarcane, 20 wheat
Things to make ahead: 30 White Sugar, 30 Milk Chocolate, 40 Cream, 10 Flour
Maximum Time: 103 hours 20 minutes (this assumes that you do not overlap making ingredients between chocolatier, bakery, and ice cream truck)
Time without Milk Chocolate: 58 hours

Goal 11 - Once You Pop
Ingredients: 60 cocoa, 210 milk, 60 sugarcane, 20 wheat
Things to make ahead: 30 White Sugar, 30 Milk Chocolate, 40 Cream, 10 Flour
Maximum Time: 103 hours 20 minutes (this assumes that you do not overlap making ingredients between chocolatier, bakery, and ice cream truck)
Time without Milk Chocolate: 58 hours

Goal 12 - A Road Less Traveled
Ingredients: 5 pop candies (mined in previous goal), 10 Rocky Roads (made in previous goal)
Time: 7 hours 55 minutes

PookieBear50
08-06-15, 01:02 PM
103 hours, twice? And 77 and 44 hours as well? Is there even enough time left in the event to accomplish that? I mean, 206 hours is already nearly 9 days, and people have to sleep and work! I hope this event is worth all the time and effort I'm putting in. Not that I'll stop between now and then, but seriously, I can only devote so many hours to all of this. Fortunately the weekend is coming up, but still...

syncler78
08-06-15, 01:08 PM
103 hours, twice? And 77 and 44 hours as well? Is there even enough time left in the event to accomplish that? I mean, 206 hours is already nearly 9 days, and people have to sleep and work! I hope this event is worth all the time and effort I'm putting in. Not that I'll stop between now and then, but seriously, I can only devote so many hours to all of this. Fortunately the weekend is coming up, but still...

I double checked goals 10 and 11. Essentially you are doing the EXACT SAME THING. You have to make 10 Rocky Roads. Goal 10 says that you have to make the cocoa ice cream that you use to make the 10 Rocky Roads, but unfortunately you have to also GIVE the 10 Rocky Roads you made. Then in Goal 11 you have to again make 10 Rocky Roads and also mine for the pop rock candy. I will go through and recalculate the total time if you assume that the white sugar, cream, and milk chocolate requirements have already been made.

EDIT: The total times already did not include time to make white sugar and cream since those are shorter to make and use other buildings. And goal 8 really will take 77 hours if you only have 1 ice cream truck since all the gelato has to be made through that one truck one at a time. You will be making a total of 16 gelatos, 16 apple gelatos, and then combining them to make 8 rainbow-latos.

dragon2046
08-06-15, 01:12 PM
I'm definitely behind on this which is unusual for me but just wondering how much effort to put in this is any of the prizes not just decorations ? Does any items drop anything or any pets ? Thanks for any info. :). I'm only on goal 6 so I have a long way to go just wondering if it's worth it.

SeaJelly77
08-06-15, 02:46 PM
I'm definitely behind on this which is unusual for me but just wondering how much effort to put in this is any of the prizes not just decorations ? Does any items drop anything or any pets ? Thanks for any info. :). I'm only on goal 6 so I have a long way to go just wondering if it's worth it.

We're just getting deco and skins. It's lame. I wish we got a pet or something. Like a colorful horse with an ice cream cone as a unicorn horn or something!!

dragon2046
08-06-15, 03:02 PM
We're just getting deco and skins. It's lame. I wish we got a pet or something. Like a colorful horse with an ice cream cone as a unicorn horn or something!!

Ok thanks so no need to worry if I don't get all the goals done. Lol. :)

LadyFencer
08-06-15, 03:40 PM
I appreciate everyone's information about the goals and requirements. I also appreciate S8's work on this event. I think I've had it though. It takes too long to make stuff and is too repetitious. (I'm on the fried brownie part right now and don't think it will ever end.) I'd keep going at it if I wanted the prizes, but just decorations are not that important to me for this much work.

I'll make what I can and sell it for others to use until the event is done.

shedenh
08-06-15, 04:47 PM
I just bowed out on the 12 step. Sold all my stuff I had made for 2 days and didn't bother to turn it in. Maybe someone can use some of it. Just decided since there was nothing I wanted no sense to finish. Wish I could give someone my extra truck I bought with gems to use. So now I have 2 ice cream trucks and it won't let me put them in storage yet. Good luck to everyone but just way too long to make stuff and then turn around and make the same thing all over again for just decor was not fun. Never want to see another brownie ever!
I appreciate everyone's information about the goals and requirements. I also appreciate S8's work on this event. I think I've had it though. It takes too long to make stuff and is too repetitious. (I'm on the fried brownie part right now and don't think it will ever end.) I'd keep going at it if I wanted the prizes, but just decorations are not that important to me for this much work.

I'll make what I can and sell it for others to use until the event is done.

nukesters2
08-06-15, 05:01 PM
With each update this game is getting slower and slower. I am playing on an iPad air and it is really laggy. Scrolling through neighbours' stores takes ages, even swiping to move across the farm is slow and laggy. I don't have any problem with any other game on my device, just this one. It's a shame because it used to be such a fast, smooth game to play. I don't play it much now because of this.

How is your game behaving? did you ever contact TL about this, or post in the bugs forum? I am struggling through this event, but will quit playing again after because of this issue, it is driving me crazy!! If you have not posted yet, let me know, I will start a thread there, see what they say, maybe you can add your problems there too. :)

igottapi4
08-06-15, 06:24 PM
Who here has the reward for step 12? I already know I dont like the one for level 11 so if I dont like the one for 12 I can stop at level 10.

noemata
08-06-15, 09:26 PM
Sweet Retreat event prizes - decorations

Sweet Retreat event prizes - skins

eucom
08-06-15, 11:41 PM
Today, I haven't been able to manufacture sugar. I get white balls of light, when I touch the balls it appears to give me money and stars. But not sugar. I've been able to buy a few bags but that's it. I know one other person posted about it, but don't know if it corrected itself or how long it took. Anyone out there that has had this problem?

igottapi4
08-06-15, 11:42 PM
Sweet Retreat event prizes - decorations

Sweet Retreat event prizes - skins

Thanks :) I like the big ice cream thing but wont be too sad if I miss it cause of time.

travelingtraveler
08-07-15, 01:37 AM
Not sure if this is ok here, but I'm always looking for more neighbors. Add me. travelingtraveler Thanks all!

Fasendaminha
08-07-15, 05:26 AM
Anyone know what the pop-candy is all about that you get when mining?

Hemm I too would like to know... I have lots in my barn now

lattelaugh
08-07-15, 05:53 AM
I just bowed out on the 12 step. Sold all my stuff I had made for 2 days and didn't bother to turn it in. Maybe someone can use some of it. Just decided since there was nothing I wanted no sense to finish. Wish I could give someone my extra truck I bought with gems to use. So now I have 2 ice cream trucks and it won't let me put them in storage yet. Good luck to everyone but just way too long to make stuff and then turn around and make the same thing all over again for just decor was not fun. Never want to see another brownie ever!

I quit too. I wasn't as far as you. But this just wasn't fun. Too tedious. I might have stuck with it for a cute pet. But maybe not even that.

MiniKingdom2015
08-07-15, 07:31 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the point of Stormie selling items (gelato, rocky road etc) when the entirety of the goal is to make the items?
It just leaves you with extra items that are unusable. :(

Thanks.

LuvsHorror
08-07-15, 07:54 AM
I like the skins more in this event than in the birthday event. I normally don't go for frilly things. We have plenty of time to finish, that's why we were given so many days. I'm going to the end. Just got the cow skin.

SeaJelly77
08-07-15, 08:33 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the point of Stormie selling items (gelato, rocky road etc) when the entirety of the goal is to make the items?
It just leaves you with extra items that are unusable. :(

Thanks.
Not necessarily. I used the a la modes he sold for the goal where we were to make the a la woahs. I also used his gelato and apple ice cream in making the rainbow latos. So they come in handy :)

generalmadness
08-07-15, 09:07 AM
I am so mad I bought the extra truck, because I think I don't even want to complete this monotonous event! Not sure I CAN complete it, and for WHAT? Some ice cream themed skins? Meh.

horsey3
08-07-15, 09:28 AM
Thanks to everyone with their help with goals ....made things a lot easier. Thank you:o I'm on second to last one waiting for things to "cook" then 13 and done

tuffyjkitten
08-07-15, 11:01 AM
Hemm I too would like to know... I have lots in my barn now

Pop rocks are used in goal 12. You only need 5 and you are required to mine them yourself.

I bought a lot of them before the goal requirement came out and I sold them all since we have to mine them ourselves. I was hoping we needed extra and then I wouldn't have to mine so much, but apparently not.

shedenh
08-07-15, 12:26 PM
I am so mad I bought the extra truck, because I think I don't even want to complete this monotonous event! Not sure I CAN complete it, and for WHAT? Some ice cream themed skins? Meh.

Yes me too! Thought there would be a really cute pet or something. I quit in round 12 because I just didn't want the prize. Everything I got is in storage for now except the trucks. Won't let me store them yet. Too bad we can't give the trucks to someone who really wants the prizes.

SeaJelly77
08-07-15, 06:31 PM
I have 10 Apple gelatos if anyone needs them. They're on sale in my shop

Ajcl01
08-08-15, 03:27 AM
Yes me too! Thought there would be a really cute pet or something. I quit in round 12 because I just didn't want the prize. Everything I got is in storage for now except the trucks. Won't let me store them yet. Too bad we can't give the trucks to someone who really wants the prizes.

I only just now noticed the truck I bought with gems have a fox in it, when you tap the truck he pops out his head! :) not really worth the gems but got me smiling :)

tuffyjkitten
08-08-15, 07:25 AM
Any chance they could add more tasks? I mean those that DO NOT involve milk chocolate in any way? Seems like a lame ending and no special prize for all the effort.

Not_Playin
08-08-15, 08:22 AM
I'm new to Farm Story 2 but play Restaurant Story, Bakery Story, Fashion Story, & Dragon Story. I think to come out with such an event and DISCLUDE half your fans/players & supporters is OUTRAGEOUS. Another thing: To give us timed food (2 hrs & longer) to sell that NO ONE WILL BUY because there is NO DEMAND for it in the game is just plain insulting.

NicNacs45Dragons
08-08-15, 09:12 AM

I quit early on as everything took too much time with no good prizes. Also not mining until this event is over as all I get is useless pop candy.

tuffyjkitten
08-08-15, 01:26 PM
Ok I just opened the Once You Pop goal and it's different than what was posted on page 12 of this thread. Instead of making 10 Rocky Roads it says make 1 Rocky Road. I wonder if anything else has changed...

syncler78
08-08-15, 02:39 PM
Ok I just opened the Once You Pop goal and it's different than what was posted on page 12 of this thread. Instead of making 10 Rocky Roads it says make 1 Rocky Road. I wonder if anything else has changed...

That sounds so much easier! I hope it's not just a glitch!

LuvsHorror
08-08-15, 03:38 PM
Really? Because I had to make five.

JustKay
08-08-15, 05:12 PM

Me too, it says just make one Rocky Road. Now we can actually get a bit of help from neighbours and so on. Glad they still care about the social aspect of the game.

I wish they had tweaked the mining tasks though. There's so much pop candy on the newspaper we really shouldn't have to mine all 5 that we need to use.

SeaJelly77
08-09-15, 12:18 AM
Me too, it says just make one Rocky Road. Now we can actually get a bit of help from neighbours and so on. Glad they still care about the social aspect of the game.

I wish they had tweaked the mining tasks though. There's so much pop candy on the newspaper we really shouldn't have to mine all 5 that we need to use. I only have to make one as well.

ladyinhotpink
08-09-15, 06:45 AM
Does anyone need help making any items? I am asking because of a weird glitch on android that is allowing me to make some stuff from the ice cream truck. I am also able to make some holiday (Christmas, st paddy's day, Valentine's Day) items as well. But if u need anything made with the big square brownies or chocolate syrup u will need to send me those items. Because I cannot make them in my bakery or chocolatier my s8 id is ladyinhotpink

ciarjen
08-09-15, 06:47 AM
How is your game behaving? did you ever contact TL about this, or post in the bugs forum? I am struggling through this event, but will quit playing again after because of this issue, it is driving me crazy!! If you have not posted yet, let me know, I will start a thread there, see what they say, maybe you can add your problems there too. :)

No I haven't posted over there. The game has been laggy for months. It's been a deterioration each time they do new updates. It takes forever just to gift 3 neighbours. :(

tuffyjkitten
08-09-15, 08:45 AM
My last goal appears to be the same: make 5 pop rocky roads. So I didn't really miss out on any crafting, just didn't have to make them all at once for the previous goal. I never want to see another box of chocolates again!

PalaceDiner1
08-09-15, 03:25 PM
If anyone has any cocoa ice cream or rocky roads they want to sell please post on my wall...tyvm for any help! :)

queenbuggy420
08-09-15, 05:20 PM
I need current event items if anyone is selling any please wall me 🐞😘

Beecause
08-09-15, 05:25 PM
In the posts saying we need "milk chocolate" - is that chocolate bars or box of chocolate?

tuffyjkitten
08-09-15, 05:32 PM
In the posts saying we need "milk chocolate" - is that chocolate bars or box of chocolate?

The boxes of chocolate are called milk chocolate. The bars are dark chocolate. We need the boxes. :(

Beecause
08-09-15, 05:40 PM
Thanks much

anythingyouwant99
08-09-15, 07:56 PM
I wish that since tl goes to so much trouble creating things like the ice cream truck for events, they should let us continue to use them and sell things from them after events. Kind of a cool way to incorporate new buildings rather then just getting things at certain levels.

Rynetory2
08-09-15, 11:20 PM
I like this suggestion except I hope it won't turn my existing super expensive ice creamery to a white elephant. :) bringing back the flower shop will be great too.

LuvsHorror
08-10-15, 07:55 AM
I wish we could keep and use all this stuff, but each new thing makes the game slower. I don't think our devices can handle a whole lot more.

Fasendaminha
08-10-15, 08:34 AM
I have lots of ingredients up for grabs... Am stopping it now.... Will be putting it up as space is made in my shop so keep an eye on it ... There is lots of everything!

Fasendaminha
08-10-15, 10:03 AM
Ok last bits.... 6 brownies, 6 brownies squares, 9 cocoa ice cream and 12 milk chocolate... Will post them in 10 min to give time to get to my shop

update: sold out ;)

dragon2046
08-10-15, 12:18 PM
S8 can u please turn the pop candy off until we get to that part? I missed filling a train due to lack of gold now I'm
Going to miss one cuz of the silver. The only thing I get is pop candy. :(

JustKay
08-11-15, 01:21 AM
Finished up. Glad to be done with it. Disappointed we didn't get a pet. Sold all my excess event item stock, but kept one of each item. Also sold off all the milk chocolate I had so maybe someone well save a bit of time with that.

Switching back to the old version of the app as it seems to run a bit faster on that, and the weird unlocked water garden plants does not appear to be happening on that for me. Hope they fix the bugs later. Good luck to those still working.

Sandybellee
08-11-15, 03:56 AM
The Rainbow-lato goal took about 4 days to complete and now this is my second day on the fudge n fixings goal... Sigh... Don't know if I'll be able to finish in time since I don't seem to have any luck with the newspaper. I hope they don't have any more events like this one. Seriously makes me just want to stop playing altogether.

killself
08-11-15, 05:15 AM
I think I cant finish the event... It need too much milk chocolate!!! Plz extent the deadline!!!

peppersgal
08-11-15, 09:01 AM
I'm on Android. I see the ice cream truck when I visit neighbors but I don't have the option to purchase one. I see ice cream products on the newsstand available for purchase but I don't purchase them because I haven't needed them. Is the ice cream truck only available on IOS? If so, why can't it be available for Android, as well, to make the gaming experience the same level for all players? Very discouraging. I feel as tho I'm being *****ed..... :-(

tuffyjkitten
08-11-15, 09:08 AM
I have the last rocky roads crafting now so I can make the last 2 pop rocky roads later today. Then I'm done. Thank goodness....that was just hideous with all the milk chocolate needed.

Seriously they couldn't have caramel or butterscotch toppings that didn't require milk chocolate to create? I get not using the fruit so lower levels that have not unlocked it yet could still participate but that was an overload of chocolate for no reason. And I'm usually all about overloads of real chocolate....

PookieBear50
08-11-15, 11:42 AM
I'm on Goal 8, and given that I have to work all week, even by loading the queue to complete event items while I'm at work, I doubt I'll be able to finish in the remaining time. While I might be all for an extension (and I have been trying since the beginning to keep up with all the necessary crafting), I'm not sure even another week in addition to the week remaining will be enough for me to get to the last goal.

If I had to offer one criticism, it would be that there were too many items required in combination with each other that required Milk or Milk Chocolate. Bad enough that we needed 2 Milk Chocolate to make the Hot Fudge, but another 1 to make the Brownie? And both Milk Chocolate and Hot Fudge requiring Milk too? Then all the other recipes that required Milk?

About the only consolation is that SOME of the goals were complementary, in that fulfilling one part of the goal helped to complete another part.

anythingyouwant99
08-11-15, 06:32 PM
Ug thought I had everything to finish up all of the rainbow gelato quest only to figure out I'm two ice creams short. Grr I wanted this done tonight. Anyone have two ice creams I can buy?

jim23cash
08-11-15, 11:55 PM
I already complained about the use of milk chocolate in everything, but I think it deserves more complaining. This event has just been endless, and not in any kind of a good way. I'm down to the next to the last goal, Pop Rocky Road, and it requires I make Rocky Roads again. I am OVER IT!! I will not be finishing this goal, or the last one -"Taste" - as the prizes are lame and I'm sick of it.
I'll be selling off everything I have left, and switching back to the normal color version. I will continue selling Milk Chocolates and other ingredients until gone.

summit777
08-12-15, 05:13 AM
I will sell some event items at 2pm GMT (UK Time). That'sin about 50 minutes. I have rocky roads, cocoa creme, brownies sq, hot fudges and other items.

enaid03
08-12-15, 06:44 AM
Selling my extra stuff now.

mamareader02
08-12-15, 08:58 AM
Refuse to make the pop rock rocky roads,insanely ridiculous,tired of being a slave to this event,got my skins I wanted,I'm done

orleansparish
08-12-15, 10:38 AM
I'm on the rainbow gelato part now and while I knew I needed to make rocky road, I was ignorant to its ingredients. I didn't pay attention and didn't realize I needed to make yet more Brownies and chocolate sauce. AND the rocky road needed chocolate too. Why oh why didn't they use something different?

I'm with everyone else, I doubt I'll finish this goal line. I don't think I even want to at this point. Minus the sugar, the chocolate needed is over the top. I blame myself for not paying attention since I could have been crafting milk chocolate all of this time as I made the apple gelato, regular ice cream AND the rainbow gelato but come on....

PookMonkey
08-12-15, 10:49 AM
I'm using the iOS and have version 2 1.9.1. Suddenly I am unable to make ANYTHING in either of my ice cream trucks! If I tap either truck, no icons show up to make anything. The brown, wood bottom-looking part slides up but no icons to click on to make anything appear. I'm seriously frustrated since I purchased gems to buy the second Ice Cream truck! I'm posting this in the "Bugs" section too. Please help!

P.S. The goal I'm on now is Fudge & Fixins

PookMonkey
08-12-15, 10:50 AM
I figured it out I think LOL. It's because I don't need to craft anything there yet (duh!). Just Brownie Squares (Bakery) and Hot Fudge (Chocolatier).

PookMonkey
08-12-15, 10:55 AM
I'm using the iOS and have version 2 1.9.1. Suddenly I am unable to make ANYTHING in either of my ice cream trucks! If I tap either truck, no icons show up to make anything. The brown, wood bottom-looking part slides up but no icons to click on to make anything appear. I'm seriously frustrated since I purchased gems to buy the second Ice Cream truck! I'm posting this in the "Bugs" section too. Please help!

Total Brain Fart...
I figured it out I think LOL. It's because I don't need to craft anything there yet (duh!). Just Brownie Squares (Bakery) and Hot Fudge (Chocolatier).

PookMonkey
08-12-15, 11:06 AM
Total Brain Fart...

...God that's embarrassing lol. I wish I could delete that message! Oh well, hopefully someone else was wondering the same thing and I saved them the trouble ha ha ha!

pinkflower7777
08-12-15, 11:10 AM

I am on the same goal as you and am unable to make anything with the regular ice cream truck. I think it is because there are no ice cream products to make for this goal and it will be interactive again when there is

syncler78
08-12-15, 11:15 AM
I'm on the rainbow gelato part now and while I knew I needed to make rocky road, I was ignorant to its ingredients. I didn't pay attention and didn't realize I needed to make yet more Brownies and chocolate sauce. AND the rocky road needed chocolate too. Why oh why didn't they use something different?

I'm with everyone else, I doubt I'll finish this goal line. I don't think I even want to at this point. Minus the sugar, the chocolate needed is over the top. I blame myself for not paying attention since I could have been crafting milk chocolate all of this time as I made the apple gelato, regular ice cream AND the rainbow gelato but come on....

^^^This^^^ is what I was doing during the gelato goals. Nothing but milk chocolate for my chocolatier. Granted, I now have 30+ of them in my barn and more sitting outside the chocolatier, but it should make the final goals a little easier. I also made as much cream as I could ahead of time.

venicej
08-12-15, 12:04 PM
I am on fudge and fixins My brownie squares are being made, have completed 4 but they do not register in the game. The hot fudge is fine Anyone else having trouble? PLEASE HELP !!!!!

syncler78
08-12-15, 12:09 PM
Have you picked them up? I noticed that even though I had made them, because I didn't have any room in my barn I didn't pick them up so they were still sitting outside my bakery. They didn't get counted until I cleared out some space in my barn and picked them up.

queenbuggy420
08-12-15, 12:09 PM
I'm just completing sherbert level. If anyone is selling items please wall me

venicej
08-12-15, 12:17 PM
They are in the inventory but not in the game bar

PookieBear50
08-12-15, 12:33 PM
They are in the inventory but not in the game bar

Just wondering...did you open the Sweet Retreat version or the original Farm Story 2 when you couldn't find them?

D3sirable
08-12-15, 02:18 PM
Hello everyone, I'm in need of gelatos/apple gelatos and any other things after this quest, that are needed for the event..

If you have spare you don't need please sell to me, I'm not able to make the event in time as I could only start with 9 days left :(

thesadlittlefarm
08-12-15, 02:56 PM

I am having the same issues... Ugh.

venicej
08-12-15, 03:55 PM
The sweet retreat. I decided to delete the original and now my game is all messed up. When I downloaded it, everything is gone. Have tried closing and reopening several times- nothing works. Just have a screen with white clouds where things were, hope it isn't permanent. Oh well

LadyEna
08-12-15, 05:27 PM
Really love the Neopolitan skin for the cow. And may have a shot of getting it.
But honestly the time and effort of 3 to 4 days to complete one goal is exhausting.
2 Rainbow Gelatos to go

PookieBear50
08-12-15, 06:17 PM
The sweet retreat. I decided to delete the original and now my game is all messed up. When I downloaded it, everything is gone. Have tried closing and reopening several times- nothing works. Just have a screen with white clouds where things were, hope it isn't permanent. Oh well

Try sending an e-mail to support. They may be able to assist in restoring your original game.

venicej
08-12-15, 06:50 PM
Try sending an e-mail to support. They may be able to assist in restoring your original game.

Thanks, got the game back. Still am not getting credit for the brownies I am collecting in the goal tab, they are in the barn!

generalmadness
08-12-15, 07:34 PM
FINISHED. Anticlimactic, but that is what I was expecting based on all available info... I have some event items lined up in the craft buildings, and will sell off as they come up. I will also continue to make milk chocolate, since it is so crucial to the home stretch of goals.

So, interesting that the craft buildings will only allow you to craft items for the current goal, but the mine continues to give me pop rocks, even though I am finished with all the goals. I call SHENANIGANS.

ginrae22
08-12-15, 10:49 PM
Okay I don't know about everyone else but I need mooooore time! There's no way I can possibly finish this whole thing in 5 days!!! And if I don't get the prizes I'll be so disappointed !!! I don't have the gems or extra real money to spend to get a second truck and I don't want to waste precious upgrade items to get a third slot in the truck. We all know how hard nails and paint are to come by! Especially since once this is over, the truck simply will become a useless decoration and we won't be able to craft the special ice cream items any longer. : /

bpoole2008
08-13-15, 06:26 AM
If anyone has any gelato that they are selling please write on my wall or write back here I'm in need badly!!! Thanks bpoole2008 is my id

driver1711
08-13-15, 06:27 AM
Enough already. It should be obvious by now, that I chose not to pursue this event. Popups to entice me to install and play the event are really annoying. How many 3 day windows do I have to endure?

lattelaugh
08-13-15, 11:53 AM
So, interesting that the craft buildings will only allow you to craft items for the current goal, but the mine continues to give me pop rocks, even though I am finished with all the goals. I call SHENANIGANS.

I stopped when I found out there wasn't a pet at the end. And I'm not mining anymore, so as not to waste my tools for pop rocks. I've only gotten two gems instead of the five for some of my trains because of it, but oh well.

I can't wait for this one to be over.

lovettera
08-13-15, 10:38 PM
Anyone can sell me cones? I am back from my trip I don't have enough time to make them :(

summit777
08-14-15, 04:57 AM
The final step is to eat some ice cream. Doesn't require that you have any. Just click. You will get points and XP

No special prize.

What a disappointment.

Is there somewhere a competition and the final prize is "just nothing"?

Well, I've learned a lot. In future, when kooky (or sparklyoctopus) does not mention that the final prize is a pet or something special(as they did in earlier events), I simply will not participate. Saves a lot of time...

I like the pig skin, but overall it was a disappointing event. my opinion.

ericanom
08-14-15, 08:12 AM
Hi all,
They have changed Goal 11
http://i58.tinypic.com/64molg.jpg
It is now
1. Make 1 Rocky Road (formerly make 10)
2. Mine 6 times
3. Collect 5 pop-candies

Rynetory2
08-14-15, 09:04 AM
For Goal 12, you'll need 10 to craft so it doesn't make a major difference. Unless you are stopping at Goal 11 or manage to buy the remaining 9 from market. Good luck.

Hi all,
It is now
2. Mine 6 times
3. Collect 5 pop-candies

norsky69
08-14-15, 11:27 AM
Hi all,
It is now
2. Mine 6 times
3. Collect 5 pop-candies

Lol I got lucky and only had to make 1 not 10. I was pleasantly surprised

minidemon88
08-14-15, 11:54 AM
I'm still at goal 10, kinda doubt I'll be able to complete the last goal given there's only less than 4 days left. Hopefully there's a miracle and they're feeling generous enough to extend the event a little longer. All these ridiculous amount of ingredients need DAYS to craft them! Also some of the goals request you to made or bake them yourself. So it's pointless even if you see it in the newspaper.

Dear TL, give us a break and extend the event a little longer please! Although I know there's no pet or awesome prize at the end. But I'm still hoping to complete the event. :(

appareldesign
08-14-15, 01:52 PM
When will Farm Story 2 Sweet Retreat be released for android users? I am looking forward to making ice cream for goals.

jdgrozda
08-14-15, 03:54 PM
whose genius idea was it to have a challenge that requires a billion milk chocolates each round? maybe switch it up a bit so we're not spending days waiting for a single machine to keep knocking items out. I mean did anyone seriously do the math on this one?

Allie0105
08-14-15, 11:00 PM
If we've finished the event do we continue to play the Sweet Retreat version or go back to the old version? Thanks.

aroara
08-15-15, 12:12 PM
Im finally finished and want to put one of the ice cream trucks away. The game wont let me, so annoying. I would like to know too which game to play as i dont want 2 farm story's on my i pad!

maryamhjm
08-15-15, 01:39 PM
I have completed the once you pop 3x now but every time it resets back and i have to do it again.

PookieBear50
08-15-15, 09:44 PM
Well, I made it to Goal 10. I'll finish this but, with less than 2 days left in the event, I'll probably quit trying after this. There's no way I'd be able to make all those Rocky Roads before the event ends.

I think, had the goals not required quite so much Milk Chocolate (that was the real ****er) and also so much milk, the event might have been more user-friendly. The need to craft so much of the one thing (which requires milk) and then combine that with more milk to produce something else, but also requiring the Milk Chocolate to do double, even triple duty in multiple stages of a recipe, was a bit too much.

That said, TeamLava, please please PLEASE make use of the Ice Cream Trucks. You had us buy them, but now let us use them for something other than just a decoration (that may or may not provide hearts and coins). Let us continue to make a few simple things with the truck while keeping the Ice Creamery going as well. PLEASE don't let it turn into another Flower Shop.

Rynetory2
08-16-15, 05:58 AM
I was a little disappointed with the Ice Cream Trucks in this event. It was under utilised compared to the chocolatier. I didn't feel there was a need to buy the gem ice cream truck even though I bought it. It would had made it more worthy if the event had required it more.

The ingredients needed could had been more even out. The tons of milk chocolates needed made the event monotonous. Granted that ice cream was the theme, therefore the ingredients were limited to certain few. Perhaps the theme of this event should had been better planned. I hope S8 can plan a broader theme utilising more craft buildings like previous events. Although I had completed this event, it wasn't as enjoyable as other events. (I only did this event out of boredom at level 60 lol). I'm sure other players would feel differently and hopefully enjoyed it. Just sharing my humble opinions for future considerations. :)

syncler78
08-16-15, 06:43 AM
I am finally on the last item for the last crafting goal of this! Selling off everything so please, if you are still working on this and need some help, stop by!

Edit: I am done with all the goals and everything has been sold! Now I can get back to making deliveries! Good luck to everyone still working on this!

PrairieGrass
08-16-15, 02:00 PM
I am stopping with the rainbow-lato, if I finish it. I have 2questions. Will the game take away the extra brownie and gelato I have when these goals are over or will they be forever in my barn? I ask because I still have 7birthday candles left in my barn from the birthday goals. Will these candles ever be needed for anything?

D3sirable
08-16-15, 02:05 PM
Does anyone have 1-3 Rocky road spare to sell? 27 hour and 54mins left, and for my quest it needs 29 hours to make everything :(

JustKay
08-16-15, 07:54 PM
I am stopping with the rainbow-lato, if I finish it. I have 2questions. Will the game take away the extra brownie and gelato I have when these goals are over or will they be forever in my barn? I ask because I still have 7birthday candles left in my barn from the birthday goals. Will these candles ever be needed for anything?

You will need the brownie so keep that, but the rest you can sell on your newsstand. Someone else can benefit from the gelato so do sell them. Event items you no longer need can be discarded by putting them up for sale in your newsstand and then discarding them immediately. For the birthday candles, it's unlikely someone will buy these. Stormie sometimes does buy these items, but you're wasting a slot for the better part of a day.

Floris1234567890
08-17-15, 09:16 AM
What is gonna happen wen the event is over which app do we need to use after, the older one or the new one, give us some info about the apps

Varinamom
08-17-15, 02:32 PM
When I've had items left after an event like the birthday candles I've put them in my shop and then discarded them. I think you just tap on the item and it pops up asking if you're sure you want to discard it. You don't get any money but you get your barn space back.

casey19159
08-17-15, 03:18 PM
I desperately need rocky roads to finish this goal, if anyone has any spare please let me know on my wall

vulpesvulpes1
08-17-15, 06:49 PM
I played almost constantly since the beginning of this event and still couldn't finish it. If I had stockpiled chocolates beforehand, I might have had a chance, but it still would have been close. Now, I had items which were being crafted in the ice-cream truck, and those have been lost. I wish I had never started this event. What a waste of time.

alohadolphin
08-17-15, 07:28 PM
I finished it today, barely. It was very anti-climactic to say the least. Especially with no item reward at the very end. I really wish we could've gotten a pet or something. I liked the event, but the end could've been more exciting, especially given the amt of work it took to get there.

I just have to add that I never would've finished without trolling the newspaper and buying about 50 milk chocolates. Plus other stuff as I saw it.

alohadolphin
08-17-15, 07:34 PM
Forgot to mention that now my ice cream truck can't make stuff but it has an option to upgrade. Anyone try this? I don't want to waste upgrade supplies on something I'm not going to be able use again. I may just go back to the old normal color version. My eyes have had enough of that mint green grass!! 😜

SamsHappyMom
08-17-15, 08:21 PM
So I am new to the game..... So is the ice cream truck going to just sit there now, doing nothing? It doesn't even play the little song :-(

praphulladp
08-17-15, 09:17 PM
Storm Team
Can we delete the Farm Story 2- Sweet Retreat and continue the old one?

Regards
Praphulla

ArlettesFarm
08-17-15, 09:18 PM
I see that now S8 are offering a "value pack" where you can buy a (pet) rabbit and 20 bags of pet feed - the price here in Australia is AU$6.49.

GramGram2
08-17-15, 09:31 PM
Forgot to mention that now my ice cream truck can't make stuff but it has an option to upgrade. Anyone try this? I don't want to waste upgrade supplies on something I'm not going to be able use again. I may just go back to the old normal color version. My eyes have had enough of that mint green grass!! 😜

I did try the upgrade and got a message that it's not eligible to upgrade, though it didn't keep my supplies.

Rynetory2
08-17-15, 09:32 PM
I see that now S8 are offering a "value pack" where you can buy a (pet) rabbit and 20 bags of pet feed - the price here in Australia is AU$6.49.

That's the Black and white rabbit.. previously from the tree house. It's no longer in the tree house.

noemata
08-17-15, 11:22 PM
This event was a 'challenge' on the milk chocolates as many have mentioned in this thread. Since android players were not able to partake, they could have capitalised on this by making everyone lots of milk chocolate...
Seriously though, should every event 'prize' be a pet?
Is that huge triple scoop ice cream not enough?

ArlettesFarm
08-18-15, 12:05 AM
That's the Black and white rabbit.. previously from the tree house. It's no longer in the tree house.

Ahh thanks for that! I partly wondered if this was an offering by S8 to appease their players who were disappointed with the lack of a pet as a prize for this event.

:-)

summit777
08-18-15, 12:11 AM
Is that huge triple scoop ice cream not enough?
The final prize was xp and coins, nothing else. I think that's what the people complain.

I agree, that it don't have to be a pet every time, but a final prize should be something special.

jumpsforjoy1
08-19-15, 09:14 AM
I am wondering if anyone has deleted the Sweet Treat Version of the game and if they have had any glitches caused by doing so.

olcastle
08-19-15, 04:01 PM
I am wondering if anyone has deleted the Sweet Treat Version of the game and if they have had any glitches caused by doing so.

I deleted it and have only version 1.8.5. It's glitching badly when I move decorations but it's still the most decent version.

fml999
08-20-15, 12:25 AM
Can anyone confirm if we can delete sweet retreat now or will it be needed again for other tasks like Halloween or Christmas etc

noemata
08-20-15, 10:59 PM
The event is over, I imagine you can still play the sweet retreat version until S8/TL tell you within the game OR like me (and many others) go back to the original 'green' version.

classicchix
09-21-15, 03:02 PM
I kept the old app, it automatically updated when the event started.

classicchix
09-21-15, 03:07 PM
I kept the old version which automatically updated when the event started. Haven't had any problems

Rynetory2
09-21-15, 05:28 PM
It's best to play with the latest and current version. I have seen many players encounter issues when their games are outdated.

classicchix
09-21-15, 09:12 PM
I am on level 40 on the old app. There was a pop up that advertised the dates. I have several games downloaded already, didn't want another one. I just waited to see what would happen.