PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Update: Puffer Dragon 7/31/15

cocauina
07-30-15, 03:00 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22231&d=1438250385 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22231&d=1438250385)

There are some Dragons that are very dangerous, but they need love too! Just make sure you hug the right spot on the newest member of your Island. No need to be so hands-off with the Puffer Dragon in Dragon Story!

kimandamelia
07-30-15, 05:12 AM
Too cute! Like a puffer fish! This and Siamese are all I am trying for until I succeed!

Kennedward
07-30-15, 06:04 AM
Nice looking dragon, looks like a Yellow/Blue hybrid

redstar177
07-30-15, 06:30 AM
Ick. This is definitely not my favorite dragon. Will not try for it, may trade it if I get one :/

belarica
07-30-15, 08:15 AM
Hah that is hilariously adorable.

amerirish
07-30-15, 08:23 AM
Awwwww!!! Look at those huge blue eyes! <squee>

Paleon
07-30-15, 04:34 PM
I like it! Though, I don't think I'll put much effort into getting it before Siamese. :p If this isn't Blue/Yellow at least, someone's doing something wrong.

Kennedward
07-30-15, 04:56 PM
Nice looking dragon, looks like a Yellow/Blue hybrid

Oh forgot to add, if it is truly Yellow/Blue, then I won't breed for it, have tons of those already and would hate to see more Mist fails.

But those of you who like it, feel free to breed for it when it's out tomorrow

kjbrogren
07-30-15, 05:51 PM
Oh forgot to add, if it is truly Yellow/Blue, then I won't breed for it, have tons of those already and would hate to see more Mist fails.

But those of you who like it, feel free to breed for it when it's out tomorrow

Lol I was thinking the same thing... Also I hate the 21hr wait for a Social fail...

Kennedward
07-30-15, 05:52 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing... Also I hate the 21hr wait for a Social fail...

Oh yea, Social is annoying too. lol good to see someone agree with me though :D

cocauina
07-31-15, 01:52 AM
Oh yea, Social is annoying too. lol good to see someone agree with me though :D

I'm more done with Social fails than with Mist fails.. Because of Social fails I now have 21 large topaz and 19 large sapphire (didn't got each topaz and sapphire from trading a Social, but a good number of them that I now have were from Social dragons).. Wonderful!

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-31-15, 02:15 AM
No! Tl stop making new dragons that have classic combos! That just delays the game! And i'm having a new cellphone and a new account this fall! Do you think how many dragons i will have to breed on my new account?! You said you're going to release the nobel crystal soon right?! You'll surely never release it! Please make them unlockable on another level, or remove them! Otherwise, i'll hate the new beginning of a dragon story account!!!

Kennedward
07-31-15, 06:30 AM
I'm more done with Social fails than with Mist fails.. Because of Social fails I now have 21 large topaz and 19 large sapphire (didn't got each topaz and sapphire from trading a Social, but a good number of them that I now have were from Social dragons).. Wonderful!

Speaking of which, I have tons of useless gems too, I only need to craft 1 of each but I have over 20 of each large ones lol

Kennedward
07-31-15, 06:31 AM
No! Tl stop making new dragons that have classic combos! That just delays the game! And i'm having a new cellphone and a new account this fall! Do you think how many dragons i will have to breed on my new account?! You said you're going to release the nobel crystal soon right?! You'll surely never release it! Please make them unlockable on another level, or remove them! Otherwise, i'll hate the new beginning of a dragon story account!!!

Agreed, they really should use other colors rather than ones we already have tons of

kirby52
07-31-15, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know the breeding time for this please?

Kennedward
07-31-15, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know the breeding time for this please?

13 hours

kirby52
07-31-15, 12:02 PM
Thanks..then I got it first try..woohoo

Kennedward
07-31-15, 12:03 PM
Congrats!

orleansparish
07-31-15, 07:09 PM
So happy to see this is breedable, though I dont like short time schedules. The way its written, as if you can only purchase it. I saw the storage is on sale, so I upgraded mines to hold 40 dragons. My commons are SO going in there. Prats.

bakerystoe
08-01-15, 12:00 AM
I think this is bad when use boost! First try Mist:( Dam I love puffer it's cute just like in Minecraft( Pufferfish)

glenngenius
08-01-15, 03:14 AM
This dragon is soo cute! :)

bakerystoe
08-01-15, 03:50 AM

Yeah you right! I got a lot of Gems too! ( 15 large sapphire, More than 70 ruby) What can I do with them holy

Kennedward
08-01-15, 06:31 AM
This dragon is soo cute! :)

It is cute, I just wish its types are different lol

glenngenius
08-01-15, 06:55 AM
It is cute, I just wish its types are different lol

I agree. We already have lots of blue & yellow type of dragons. >_<

Kennedward
08-01-15, 06:56 AM
Breeding this will also result in tons of Mist fails, and some Social fails as well

inesat
08-01-15, 07:04 AM
I feel I'm at least 3 dragons past my ugly blue/yellow hybrid limit. How about a red/blue next time, dear S8?

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:05 AM
I feel I'm at least 3 dragons past my ugly blue/yellow hybrid limit. How about a red/blue next time, dear S8?

Wow, no! I would prefer less of the Red/Yellow/Blue/Green altogether, I prefer something like Black or Pink, those are not only hard to breed but they don't have as many new dragons coming out each week as well

glenngenius
08-01-15, 07:06 AM
Breeding this will also result in tons of Mist fails, and some Social fails as well

I know, right? That dreaded Social fail. >_<

inesat
08-01-15, 07:09 AM
Wow, no! I would prefer less of the Red/Yellow/Blue/Green altogether, I prefer something like Black or Pink, those are not only hard to breed but they don't have as many new dragons coming out each week as well
I'm with you, but it seems that we need to have the obligatory basic colour combo every week. So if we can't have fancy black dragons, at least let's get an underused basic combo.

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:09 AM
I know, right? That dreaded Social fail. >_<

There's also Mindvolt for 22 hrs, and Ambassador for 16 hrs, both of which are only "rare" so many players should have them already

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:10 AM
I'm with you, but it seems that we need to have the obligatory basic colour combo every week. So if we can't have fancy black dragons, at least let's get an underused basic combo.

True, but a Red and Blue would result in Magic fails, and the rather ugly looking Athletic

inesat
08-01-15, 07:14 AM
True, but a Red and Blue would result in Magic fails, and the rather ugly looking Athletic
Yes, but the current alternative is 21hr socials an 14h mist and an ugly looking dragon of an overused combo as a result. The fails are comparable for red/blue and it would be worth it if there was a chance of getting a cool looking Super Rare.

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:17 AM
Yes, but the current alternative is 21hr socials an 14h mist and an ugly looking dragon of an overused combo as a result. The fails are comparable for red/blue and it would be worth it if there was a chance of getting a cool looking Super Rare.

Hm, you're right! I just checked the breeding calculator and currently there's only 4 possibilities when you breed Fire with Water, compared to the 12 results for Air and Water LOL

inesat
08-01-15, 07:20 AM
Hm, you're right! I just checked the breeding calculator and currently there's only 4 possibilities when you breed Fire with Water, compared to the 12 results for Air and Water LOL
Do you even have a blue/red super rare? If anyone here does, it must be you! :p
I also sometimes notice that I need a blue/red super rare for the arena and there's nowhere to get one.

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:22 AM
Do you even have a blue/red super rare? If anyone here does, it must be you! :p
I also sometimes notice that I need a blue/red super rare for the arena and there's nowhere to get one.

I can't think of any right now LOL I don't think we do though, seeing the breeding calculator.

inesat
08-01-15, 07:25 AM
I can't think of any right now LOL I don't think we do though, seeing the breeding calculator.
I was thinking maybe an expired one.
Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread, that's clearly meant for a particular new dragon!

Kennedward
08-01-15, 07:28 AM
Maybe there's one in the expired list, but I can't think of any right now, it's pretty much impossible to list 1 type of hybrid out of a possible of over 500 dragons in total in this game LOL I can easily remember the Diamonds and even the Champions, but very difficult to remember 1 for other hybrids.

kjbrogren
08-01-15, 08:02 AM
So I wasn't going to try for this dragon cuz like I said in another post I hate the Social fails 21hrs and Mist fails 14hrs. I have been trying to get Astromancer with diamond or Infinity and Leo, Aries, Gemini, Taurus. I got 2 puffer dragons from trying to breed for Astromancer...

Lol I guess I didn't have to try hard for this one ;)

Kennedward
08-01-15, 11:49 AM
So I wasn't going to try for this dragon cuz like I said in another post I hate the Social fails 21hrs and Mist fails 14hrs. I have been trying to get Astromancer with diamond or Infinity and Leo, Aries, Gemini, Taurus. I got 2 puffer dragons from trying to breed for Astromancer...

Lol I guess I didn't have to try hard for this one ;)

Lol, that's a lucky fail, but then again since i already have so many dragons it's very hard for me to get a dragon that I don't already have lol

belarica
08-01-15, 03:53 PM
Got this cutie pie on my second try using rainbow x ambassador :D good luck everyone! I'm booting March mayhem off my island in celebration!

bakerystoe
08-02-15, 05:27 AM
Yay so LUCKY to me LOL! got it 5th or 6th try with combo blue Peacock and Summer solstice( RARE combo thou:);)) I LOBE THIS DRAGON SO MUCH! THANKSY and Another good news! NO SOCIAL OR MINDVOLT FAILS!!! Yay

Mythdefied
08-02-15, 06:03 AM
Water x Air: Social, Mist, Cosmos. At least that last one is a short fail.

mbyte68
08-02-15, 06:14 AM
OMG Wizard x Fairy tryin on baby acc for Diamond got Puffer :)

debhutchinson
08-02-15, 08:13 AM
Puffer Dragon -- Rainbow & Diamond

Nice egg & cute dragon. :)

tuffyjkitten
08-02-15, 11:22 AM
Thank you boosted breed! Used Lighthouse and Seabreeze.

9krm
08-02-15, 01:25 PM
Got this cutie pie on my second try using rainbow x ambassador :D good luck everyone! I'm booting March mayhem off my island in celebration!

Hey, thanks! I have tried several combos but went with this one after I read your post. 13 hours breeding time. yay!

Mythdefied
08-02-15, 10:12 PM
I got a Clown dragon! It's not particularly attractive, but it's been so hard for me to get. These are the type of fails I enjoy.

Of course now I have a Mist, Rainbow, or Patchwork fail. Ah well.

tatianasmiles
08-03-15, 04:57 AM
I am STILL trying for a diamond. 18 months and no luck. . . But, I managed to get a Puffer dragon with the Firemane/Serpent combination.

cazile81
08-03-15, 09:16 AM
13 hrs with Water and Air on my jamesbakerytop account

Mythdefied
08-03-15, 12:01 PM
Looks like another Mist fail on the nest. I think I just wasn't meant to have this one. Pity, because I think it's adorable.

amerirish
08-03-15, 12:07 PM
I got Puffer with Air & Water pretty easily; like 2nd or 3rd try. Hope you all get one too! :D

AnglChk507
08-03-15, 03:09 PM
I am STILL trying for a diamond. 18 months and no luck. . . But, I managed to get a Puffer dragon with the Firemane/Serpent combination.

I've also been trying for the diamond for the last 11 months i hate this.. I see islands half my level with like 5 diamonds and i can't even breed one kinda sad

oo56
08-04-15, 09:29 AM
Used Boosted Breeding for the Puffer Dragon 3x and after 2 Patchwork Dragon Fails, I finally got him! Yay!;)

kimandamelia
08-04-15, 09:43 AM
I just caved and bought him. I adore him and my daughter, who loves looking at the dragons with me as well as loves the aquarium, loves puffer fish the most. Watch I breed him next! My luck!

Mythdefied
08-04-15, 10:46 AM
If I hadn't spent all my gold on the storage building and upgrading it, I probably would've bought this one. It's adorable and I'm sad I wasn't able to breed it.

krystynam
08-04-15, 10:56 AM
I forget what pairing I used but I got this cutie! It's adorable!

glenngenius
08-04-15, 02:12 PM
Awww. I failed to breed this adorable dragon because I was reallt focused on breeding Siamese. Anyway, I hope it comes back soon. :)

lindseyny
08-06-15, 09:59 PM
I missed it, I'm sad cause it's so cute!!

infinitelove19
08-07-15, 09:05 AM
No luck with this one for me. Did finally get a patchwork dragon though and my last attempt, got me the new Prime Energy dragon, which is kinda cool. Took half my food supply to get 2 dragons from level 10-15, so don't see myself trying for any of the others anytime soon.