PDA

View Full Version : Gems from toucan and retriver

djeyefly
07-29-15, 06:10 AM
How come Ionly receive two gems every three days instead of the threethat it states i'm suppose to get? Never gotten more than two

SummerNightSky
07-29-15, 08:39 AM
What level are your Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever? Treasure Toucan produces three gems every three days only at level 15, and Golden Retriever produces three gems every three days starting at level 10 (goes up to four at level 15).

djeyefly
07-29-15, 08:54 AM
What level are your Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever? Treasure Toucan produces three gems every three days only at level 15, and Golden Retriever produces three gems every three days starting at level 10 (goes up to four at level 15).

Toucan has been at 15 for months and retriever at 10 .

chippychan
07-29-15, 09:24 AM
For animals that produce 3 gems every 3 days you will see the gem icon appear over the habitat every 2 days and when you collect it will be 2 gems. This will happen again after another 2 days. 3 gems in 3 days is basically the same thing as 2 gems in 2 days; it's 1 gem every 24 hours.

The reason the icon appears when there are 2 gems is because the habitat is more then 1/3 of the way full (the habitat holds a maximum of 4 gems). All of the habitats work this way.

If you left the habitat for another 24 hours after the gem icon first appears you would get 3 gems when you collect.

The numbers can be confusing, but I hope this helps. :)

Clark_Wayne
07-29-15, 08:12 PM
Talking about collecting gems : i would like to know if collecting gems restart gems timer or not
I mean : toucan produces 3 gems every 3 days(72h), that means 1 gem every 24h, so if you collect your 2 gems in the middle of day 3 (ie 60h), will you still be able to collect 1 more gem at the end of the day or the next gem will be produced only after 24h ?

MaribouMay
07-29-15, 10:29 PM
Talking about collecting gems : i would like to know if collecting gems restart gems timer or not
I mean : toucan produces 3 gems every 3 days(72h), that means 1 gem every 24h, so if you collect your 2 gems in the middle of day 3 (ie 60h), will you still be able to collect 1 more gem at the end of the day or the next gem will be produced only after 24h ?

That is an excellent question. I would like to know the answer too.

I know the time resets in DS, but suspect it could be different in FFS.

zaccy678
07-29-15, 10:34 PM
That is an excellent question. I would like to know the answer too.

I know the time resets in DS, but suspect it could be different in FFS.

From my own observations, it seems the gem/s become available at the end of the day, ie) at the time when you collect your daily bonus.

What time you actually collect them doesn't seem to have any effect (from what I've observed).

MaribouMay
07-30-15, 11:46 AM
From my own observations, it seems the gem/s become available at the end of the day, ie) at the time when you collect your daily bonus.

What time you actually collect them doesn't seem to have any effect (from what I've observed).

My collection time seems to be consistent too. For me it is about 3pm Pacific time, nowhere near the 10:30 am (for me) reset time. Maybe it has to do with when we first collected?

I agree that when you collect doesn't seem to change the collection time. I have collected at 6:30 pm and the next day back at the 3pm time without penalty.

Clark_Wayne
08-01-15, 09:18 PM
My collection time seems to be consistent too. For me it is about 3pm Pacific time, nowhere near the 10:30 am (for me) reset time. Maybe it has to do with when we first collected?

I agree that when you collect doesn't seem to change the collection time. I have collected at 6:30 pm and the next day back at the 3pm time without penalty.

Yeah same for me. Good for us :)

ogreve
08-02-15, 04:05 PM
Hi guys,
I'm *finally* joining your club as today I finally bred my first ultra rare: the Golden Retriever!!!! :)
When it's safe and sound in its habitat I'll take notice of the time it gets put in the habitat to see if that affects the collection time. I should be able to give this answer in some 96 hours or so...:P
Cheers,
Olafo

Clark_Wayne
08-02-15, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,
I'm *finally* joining your club as today I finally bred my first ultra rare: the Golden Retriever!!!! :)
When it's safe and sound in its habitat I'll take notice of the time it gets put in the habitat to see if that affects the collection time. I should be able to give this answer in some 96 hours or so...:P
Cheers,
Olafo

Congrat but it will take you more than 96h LOL : 24h for breeding 24h for hatching and 3x24h for 3 evolutions, that's 120h LOL, assuming you have the food ready LOL
Because at level 1-3 , golden retriever give only 1 gem /3days
from level 4 to 9, you got 2 gems /3d (1 every 36h)
from level 10 to 14, you got 3 gems /3d (1 every 24h)
only at level 15, you got 4 gems/3d (1 every 18h) :D

Money Badger give more gems : 1 gem every 12h (combo : hareon-armodillo, good luck ;) )

ogreve
08-03-15, 12:15 AM
Hi,
Yeah you're right of course. :)
After I had posted that message I too thought about the earning rates and the evolutions.
Alright I'll do my best to keep track of the times anyway. I don't have the food ready yet and was using a Rune Prune strategy as much as possible for the world event, but I'll switch to Charm Cherries and Nexus Nuts whenever I can now.
To be continued....:P
Olafo

chippychan
08-03-15, 05:36 AM
Hi guys,
Cheers,
Olafo

Amazing! Congrats!

Breeding your first Treasure animal is very exciting. :)

ogreve
08-03-15, 02:10 PM
Tnx!!!
It sure is! I was beginning to think I would never pull it off but then it happened! That's really encouraging too!
About an hour or so ago the breeding time ended. Before it, a Firefox fail was on the nest. It left a nice gap to direclty hatch the Moleten of which I sped the last 4 hours so I could direclty move the retriever to the best and put in a dark-electric shot (which turned out to be a boring Koala fail).
Anyway, the egg is on the nest now! It will not be all that often that one sees it "live" like that. I of course took several screenshots. If anyone wants to see the egg on the nest they can do so now. Tomorrow when the Koala breeding finishes I may speed the remainder off the nest to have one last mouse attempt but I may also simply sit it out to see what tomorrow's update brings..either way: if anyone wants me to take particular notice of some aspect of the retriever's "post hatching actions" (like time it goes to the habitat, first collection moment, etc), please let me know, and I can keep track of it...

ogreve
08-08-15, 05:01 AM
Hi,

Well, indeed it took quite a bit longer than 120 hours to get some first results. In order to be able to keep track of when I can collect gems, down below I keep track of the times when specific actions took place. The times are expressed in CVT and CET; which are respectively the time zones where I'm currently in and where I live. The golden retriever is currently at level 11, one feeding removed from level 12.
I'll try to grow charm cherries as much as possible but due to flaky internet connections I shall sometimes resort to slower fruits. In light of the VAST amounts of food that the retriever will need from here on, it'll take a while before I expect to have it at epic level.
In the list down below "evolution start" is the moment when I moved it into the flower and "evolution end" is when I returned it to its habitat. Often the time between the two will be longer than the 36 hours pure evolution time.
Now... Let's see when I can first collect gems!

Golden Retriever times:

(UTC/GMT -1) Cape Verde Time Zone = CVT = CET -2

Aug. 4th:
-13:15 CVT -> 15:15 CET: hatching end
-18:00 CVT -> 20:00 CET: evolution 1 start

Aug. 6th:
-8:00 CVT -> 10:00 CET: evolution 1 end
-22:45 CVT -> 00:45 CET: evolution 2 start

Aug. 8th:
-11:15 CVT -> 13:15 CET: evolution 2 end

Aug. 9th:
-9:30 - 12:25 CVT -> 11:30 - 14:25 CET: first gem given.

Aug. 10th:
-11:15 CVT -> 13:15 CET: second gem given.

Aug. 15th:
-22:00 CET: evolution 3 start

Aug. 17th:
-8:52 CET: evolution 3 end

Aug. 18th:
-7:35 CET: Collected 1 gem that was given overnight [not a precise measurement]
-21:14 CET: Collected 1 gem that was given in the hour before [not a precise measurement]

Aug, 19th:
-14:52 CET: 1 gem was given exactly at this time [precise measurement]

To conclude: the 'gem gifting counter' is reset at the time an evolution ends. After the second evolution (that ended at 13:15 CET) I received gems exactly in multiples of 24 hours after that (i.e. at 13:15 CET), and after the third evolution (that ended at 8:52 CET) I now receive 1 gem after each multiple of 18 hours after 8:52 CET.

There! Now we know for sure, and indeed, the moment of collecting the gems does not reset any counters or so. The gem gifting definitely occurs a fixed amount of hours after the hatching (for baby animals) or the last evolution (for juveniles, adults and epics) that was done to the animal.

zaccy678
08-15-15, 02:13 AM
Just got my first Golden Retriever to go with my Treasure Toucan :D
Now if I can just get than Unicorn....:rolleyes:

Hawksmoor
08-15-15, 04:55 AM
Just got my first Golden Retriever to go with my Treasure Toucan :D
Now if I can just get than Unicorn....:rolleyes:

That's great, congrats! It took me about a year to breed my unicorn, but don't let that discourage you lol. Good luck!

christie0907
08-15-15, 08:57 AM
Hi Olafo,

What combination did you use for the Golden Retriever? I've been looking for a combo and have not found one :(

LonePudding
08-15-15, 10:21 AM
Hi Olafo,

What combination did you use for the Golden Retriever? I've been looking for a combo and have not found one :(

The only combination to breed a Golden Retriever is Gold Lion x Terrorier.

zaccy678
08-15-15, 01:06 PM
That's great, congrats! It took me about a year to breed my unicorn, but don't let that discourage you lol. Good luck!

Thanks!! Not in any hurry, but I do like free gems :cool: :cool: :cool:

Clark_Wayne
08-15-15, 08:07 PM
Hi,

Well, indeed it took quite a bit longer than 120 hours to get some first results. In order to be able to keep track of when I can collect gems, down below I keep track of the times when specific actions took place. The times are expressed in CVT and CET; which are respectively the time zones where I'm currently in and where I live. The golden retriever is currently at level 11, one feeding removed from level 12.
I'll try to grow charm cherries as much as possible but due to flaky internet connections I shall sometimes resort to slower fruits. In light of the VAST amounts of food that the retriever will need from here on, it'll take a while before I expect to have it at epic level.
In the list down below "evolution start" is the moment when I moved it into the flower and "evolution end" is when I returned it to its habitat. Often the time between the two will be longer than the 36 hours pure evolution time.
Now... Let's see when I can first collect gems!

Golden Retriever times:

(UTC/GMT -1) Cape Verde Time Zone = CVT = CET -2

Aug. 4th:
-13:15 CVT -> 15:15 CET: hatching end
-18:00 CVT -> 20:00 CET: evolution 1 start

Aug. 6th:
-8:00 CVT -> 10:00 CET: evolution 1 end
-22:45 CVT -> 00:45 CET: evolution 2 start

Aug. 8th:
-11:15 CVT -> 13:15 CET: evolution 2 end

Aug. 9th:
-9:30 - 12:25 CVT -> 11:30 - 14:25 CET: first gem given.

Aug. 10th:
-11:15 CVT -> 13:15 CET: second gem given.

As for the first gem: I could not do a precise measurement on the first day after the second evolution. However, at 9:30 no gem was available and when I next checked at 12:25 it was.

For the second gem I could make a precise measurements: it was definitely at 11:15 CVT. This means that for me (with a level 13 retriever), the time is tied to the moment the second evolution ended.

More to come once the third evolution is done, but much is still required for that: lots of food and a long time evolution.

Thx for your info :) so this confirm what we are thinking :)

ogreve
08-17-15, 04:24 AM
Thx for your info :) so this confirm what we are thinking :)

Hi,

Yes, so far it does.
Now.... as of today, matters will get more interesting as this morning at 8:52 CET the 3rd evolution ended. That means then that I expect to get the next gem at either 8:52 + 18:00 = 2:52 CET or at 13:15 + 18:00 = 7:15 CET.
If it's the former, it will occur overnight. If it's the latter, it will be just about the time when I get up for preparing to go to work.
Either way: the second gem should make clear which one it is. I'm curious to see if the times are now associated with the moment the 3rd evolution ended or not...

chippychan
08-17-15, 06:39 AM
I believe the timer starts when you first put the gem animal in it's habitat. The timer pauses when it's put into the evolution flower and resumes once it is put back into the habitat. The timer definitely does not reset when you click on the habitat to collect the gems.

I have 2 epic Money Badgers. One is ready for me to collect 2 gems early every morning and the other is ready with 2 gems later in the day. If I don't collect the 1st Money Badger's gems until the 2nd one is ready later in the day it still has another 2 gems ready for me early the next morning. It does not reset or sync with the 2nd Money Badger's timer when I wait to collect them both together.

ogreve
08-19-15, 06:02 AM
Hi,

Wow, it has taken quite some time, but I could now finally beyond a doubt complete the data on the gem gifting moments. The details appear in this post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83540-Gems-from-toucan-and-retriver&p=1155413&viewfull=1#post1155413

But to cut to the chase: the 'gem gifting counter' is reset to start at the time the lastly performed evolution ends. After the second evolution (that for me ended at 13:15 CET) I received gems exactly in multiples of 24 hours after that (i.e. at 13:15 CET each day), and after the third evolution (that for me ended at 8:52 CET) I now receive 1 gem after each multiple of 18 hours after 8:52 CET.

There! Now we know for sure, and indeed, the moment of collecting the gems does not reset any counters or so. The gem gifting definitely occurs a fixed amount of hours after the hatching (for baby animals) or the lastly performed evolution (for juveniles, adults and epics) of the animal.

Case closed! :)