PDA

View Full Version : Gem traps got me for the last time.

missmelodiewhite
07-29-15, 05:09 AM
Hi everyone. I'm just taking this time to thank all the members of this forum for being so helpful and kind along my 2 year journey with CS. I have played faithfully, every day, multiple times a day and enjoyed it. But I have found myself victim of the gem trap many times, and today was the last straw. While nursing my curious daughter, she grabbed my phone with her free hand as I played and before I could even think, gems were wasted and I don't even on what. I spent hundreds on iTunes cards over the years and it makes me sick that they can be wasted like that.

I have sent an email to Storm 8 asking for my account to be deleted. So before they respond, I wanted to say thank you and goodbye to all my amazing neighbours. I would definitely stay and play if there was a gem confirmation button but we alllll know that won't happen. Accidentally spent gems seems to be Storm 8's bread and butter. :mad:

Lenkapon
07-29-15, 05:15 AM
Mabe you should contact S8 for your gems back?

missmelodiewhite
07-29-15, 05:22 AM
I did. They said gems spent in the game are non refundable.

janddolphins
07-29-15, 05:23 AM
Mabe you should contact S8 for your gems back?

Unfortunately that won't work, members have tried many times including myself and they won't return. It's why I stopped buying gems and play for free now. I love the game and it's a shame, I am sorry that happened to you missmelodiewitt. As I keep in my signature the day a confirmation button is added I will go on a shopping spree haha.

missmelodiewhite
07-29-15, 05:42 AM
Thank you :)
It's a shame how they treat their loyal customers. But, that's their prerogative, right?

ashliejb
07-29-15, 01:59 PM
Really? I wrote Cs to let them know my game lost 100 gems (I logged on and had 350 and next time I logged in I had 250) and they refunded my gems. Do they usually not do that?

CLOVERKAITO
07-29-15, 07:09 PM
Really? I wrote Cs to let them know my game lost 100 gems (I logged on and had 350 and next time I logged in I had 250) and they refunded my gems. Do they usually not do that?

The OP was referring to accidental gem spent (her daughter tapped the game), not like yours where it sounded like a game/system error... As far as I know accidental gem spent are non-refundable. I spent ~200 gems by accident on Fairy Land Story (lol it hasn't been updated in months) and I never got gems back. I'm just glad I didn't spend real money on that game.

As for Castle Story, the only time I ever paid for gems was ~$1.30 for Ivy's Bakery because I just needed like 15 more gems to get it and complete the goal that gives you something like a 10 gems rebate. Otherwise I only play this game for "free" precisely because I don't want to lose my hard earned money to be wasted with gem traps. I'd only pay when I know I'll use it immediately instead of being lost in future gem traps.

I'm sorry to hear the OP's gem loss. Spend more quality time with your daughter instead :)

desele
07-30-15, 06:13 AM
I agree. I keep reminding myself that CS is game. I do laugh every time i receive a notice asking me to rate CS as five stars. Until the gem issue is resolved there will be no stars from me.
I've decided to change my game strategy to keep as few gems as possible.

reliquary
07-30-15, 08:24 AM
CALL the iTunes Store....they can be verrry helpful
And feel free to express how many times this had happened to you and others on this forum and how you feel about that:)

missmelodiewhite
07-30-15, 10:48 AM
CALL the iTunes Store....they can be verrry helpful
And feel free to express how many times this had happened to you and others on this forum and how you feel about that:)

that's a good idea actually. I will do that right now. :) They still haven't replied to my email about this but I know what will happen.

kooky panda
07-30-15, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone. I'm just taking this time to thank all the members of this forum for being so helpful and kind along my 2 year journey with CS. I have played faithfully, every day, multiple times a day and enjoyed it. But I have found myself victim of the gem trap many times, and today was the last straw. While nursing my curious daughter, she grabbed my phone with her free hand as I played and before I could even think, gems were wasted and I don't even on what. I spent hundreds on iTunes cards over the years and it makes me sick that they can be wasted like that.

I have sent an email to Storm 8 asking for my account to be deleted. So before they respond, I wanted to say thank you and goodbye to all my amazing neighbours. I would definitely stay and play if there was a gem confirmation button but we alllll know that won't happen. Accidentally spent gems seems to be Storm 8's bread and butter. :mad:

For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

I am sorry to hear you are leaving the game. Your games are saved on the servers so they will not be deleted, but you can delete the games from your device.
If you decide to come back, your games and progress will still be there.

Closing thread.. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)