PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update: July 29th 2015

jandtandn
07-28-15, 06:37 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/5b2abaae9b7809ad414ce74de6a7f711/tumblr_inline_ns7sof6dhZ1qm7yoc_540.png

This week’s new Zoo Crate will be giraffing you crazy! The gentle giants, the Giraffe Pair, will be sticking their necks into Restaurant Story!

Turn your Shop into a wild frenzy:

Sloth Tree decoration
Lion’s Den decoration
Butterfly Garden decoration

I'm guessing they're going for some kind of pattern and whatever is in the preview will be a gem appliance?

Bakerling
07-28-15, 08:03 AM
Hope the task do not need gems to complete.

CassieJo84
07-28-15, 09:20 AM
Would really like to see new recipes on already existing appliances!

LalaSmooth
07-28-15, 10:35 AM
New recipes on the ovens please

twospoons
07-28-15, 10:39 AM
Hope the task do not need gems to complete.

for a second there i was excited that it was goal week. and then i looked at the date. way to be misleading!

i'm thinking i'll be disappointed in RS this week, but happy in BS. you know, mix it up a little.

LalaSmooth
07-28-15, 11:14 AM
I'm forever checking the blog to see if they have put the updates on

jandtandn
07-28-15, 11:41 AM
I'm forever checking the blog to see if they have put the updates on

Seems like around 6 p.m. EST

deekathleen
07-28-15, 12:44 PM
I'm guessing boxes again. I think anything nice will be boxes from now on.

twospoons
07-28-15, 01:57 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/5b2abaae9b7809ad414ce74de6a7f711/tumblr_inline_ns7sof6dhZ1qm7yoc_540.png

This week’s new Zoo Crate will be giraffing you crazy! The gentle giants, the Giraffe Pair, will be sticking their necks into Restaurant Story!

Turn your Shop into a wild frenzy:

Sloth Tree decoration
Lion’s Den decoration
Butterfly Garden decoration

twospoons
07-28-15, 01:58 PM
you're psychic, deekathleen!

guess i'm saving for yet another week.

and i feel pretty dumb, but what's the 'giraffing' you crazy joke? normally i think driving is the verb for crazy, but giraffing isn't close enough to driving for that to be the pun.

alicee11
07-28-15, 01:59 PM
Cool but we just got the box this month...what is this

bitemesnickers
07-28-15, 01:59 PM
I see Zoo animals :-)

DragonWished
07-28-15, 02:08 PM
I like that butterfly garden... but not enough to gamble gems. The other items don't appeal to me at all.

Yes, another week of savings!

jandtandn
07-28-15, 02:14 PM
and i feel pretty dumb, but what's the 'giraffing' you crazy joke? normally i think driving is the verb for crazy, but giraffing isn't close enough to driving for that to be the pun.

I think it's supposed to be like the old joke "Jamaican me crazy" (you're making me crazy).

Not liking this update. The butterfly garden is nice, but I don't like anything else. The first thing I thought of was the Bronx Zoo. Just needs a bug carousel.

alicee11
07-28-15, 02:18 PM
But so bad it's again a box since we already got the box this month!!!!

twospoons
07-28-15, 02:34 PM
I think it's supposed to be like the old joke "Jamaican me crazy" (you're making me crazy).

well, see, that really is a pun. "jamaican" and "you're making" actually sound alike. giraffing doesn't sound like anything! these stupid teaser writers are making me crazy.

i actually wouldn't mind setting up a zoo sometime. i'd like it more if i'd gotten that elephant LTO a while back. the jungle tour boat & hanging monkey are still around, that could work. and zoos have picnic areas, so it's not totally off to have a dining section. if i weren't saving up/refusing to buy gems, i might give this a shot. but i am, so i won't.

LalaSmooth
07-28-15, 02:44 PM
Are you kidding??? ANOTHER BOX?? NAHHHH

LalaSmooth
07-28-15, 02:45 PM
Zoo story 2 animals came to Restaurant Story!

alicee11
07-28-15, 02:46 PM
Oh I got this elephant LTO, just the only reason why cuz I love elephants, but the zoo... Donno. How come it can be a box twice a month

well, see, that really is a pun. "jamaican" and "you're making" actually sound alike. giraffing doesn't sound like anything! these stupid teaser writers are making me crazy.

i actually wouldn't mind setting up a zoo sometime. i'd like it more if i'd gotten that elephant LTO a while back. the jungle tour boat & hanging monkey are still around, that could work. and zoos have picnic areas, so it's not totally off to have a dining section. if i weren't saving up/refusing to buy gems, i might give this a shot. but i am, so i won't.

jandtandn
07-28-15, 02:48 PM
Zoo story 2 animals came to Restaurant Story!

What I thought, too. lol

deekathleen
07-28-15, 03:03 PM
I have a feeling that is the way this game is going, one or two ugly coin items a month, a couple ugly general gem items, better items will be boxes and oven and goals will be gems. Just waiting for the gems goals next month so I can uninstall.

pieandcream
07-28-15, 03:07 PM
true....if they continue this trend i cant see myself continue playing for long. i'll make sure to downvote the game on the market though!

R5FanForever1
07-28-15, 03:14 PM
true....if they continue this trend i cant see myself continue playing for long. i'll make sure to downvote the game on the market though!
I agree! I've seen a lot of my neighbors leave especially in this month. I might not continue playing for long as well.

pipipooh1977
07-28-15, 03:44 PM
Only item I like is the Butterfly Garden, but it's not worth the gamble so I'm not trying this box! This company is starting to SUCK!!! ALL these boxes, gem items & complete with gem goals....I don't think they even read the forum, just the mods do. I wish they would but probably wouldn't care anyway!!!

lauraleighashby
07-28-15, 04:12 PM
I love giraffes, have collected them my whole life (not real ones of course) and love the giraffe display. But not in a box. Would gladly have paid gems for this alone, but oh well. My interest in RS, FS and BS is rapidly waning.

auroramom
07-28-15, 04:54 PM
I am on the verge of leaving after playing this game since 12/2012. 2 boxes in 1 month! And stoves that cost gems! I know nothing in life (or this game) is guaranteed, but after a set way of doing business and now all if a sudden everything costing gems I am very disgruntled. I see a lot of my long time neighbors feeling the same. I guess we don't matter! (And FYI I have bought lots of gems through the years)

MamaFoodie
07-28-15, 05:42 PM
I don't like this. I wish the Fire Pit Grill would come back. Been playing a long time and that's the only appliance I don't have. Don't know how I missed that one.

oo56
07-28-15, 06:15 PM
Excuse me! Another box! Really? Ughhh.... Pass for me!:(

novamom1209
07-28-15, 07:22 PM
I know this isn't going to make me popular, but I really love the crates! This one looks absolutely adorable, can't wait!

lynniefish
07-28-15, 07:40 PM
Just here to second all those who have indicated their intention to pass this week. I've been playing only a year, and wasn't into the game enough last summer to notice anything amiss, but lately, about half of my neighbors, long-time three- and four-star players, are now zero- and one-star players, with many empty or moldy appliances. I don't know if this is because busy summer life eliminates the time and the inclination to play, or if it's merely a reflection of the general pervasive disgust expressed here on the forum regarding a game which is steadily becoming less and less satisfying to play. I'll take note once school resumes. Anyone care to chime in with their typical summer game experiences?

Natasha_07
07-28-15, 08:06 PM
Could the butterfly garden be outside of a box for gems, that would be great as it's the only item I like.

shinypenny3011
07-28-15, 08:09 PM
Just here to second all those who have indicated their intention to pass this week. I've been playing only a year, and wasn't into the game enough last summer to notice anything amiss, but lately, about half of my neighbors, long-time three- and four-star players, are now zero- and one-star players, with many empty or moldy appliances. I don't know if this is because busy summer life eliminates the time and the inclination to play, or if it's merely a reflection of the general pervasive disgust expressed here on the forum regarding a game which is steadily becoming less and less satisfying to play. I'll take note once school resumes. Anyone care to chime in with their typical summer game experiences?

It's general disgust. I used to LOVE this game !! Spent money, time and truly enjoyed it. I barely have any interest based on the current BUSINESS MODEL and that's what this is for them. It's a business. They don't care how we feel, they just move on and gobble up the new persons money who doesn't know yet

Natasha_07
07-28-15, 08:10 PM
Only item I like is the Butterfly Garden, but it's not worth the gamble so I'm not trying this box! This company is starting to SUCK!!! ALL these boxes, gem items & complete with gem goals....I don't think they even read the forum, just the mods do. I wish they would but probably wouldn't care anyway!!!

There isn't that massive feedback on the gem goals/ovens, I guess only 1% of TL players access the forums...

So probably not going to change the pricing. It's like when prices were doubled ages ago, it's here to stay.

shinypenny3011
07-28-15, 08:38 PM
I am a big cat person and find it so distasteful to release this a day after the world is stunned with the senseless hunting of a beautiful and majestic lion. Poor timing and should have not been done!

Natasha_07
07-28-15, 08:43 PM
I am a big cat person and find it so distasteful to release this a day after the world is stunned with the senseless hunting of a beautiful and majestic lion. Poor timing and should have not been done!

I'm pretty sure the designers didn't see that coming, and that this was this week's intended items.

lenasdinner
07-28-15, 09:04 PM
I agree.would be nice new recepies on allready existing ovens.

LionessLettie61
07-28-15, 09:28 PM
Is it going to be stuff u gotta buy with gems....if so, I'm out....gems are so hard to build up, especially since expansions cost exuberant prices, so been using my gems to expand.....oh well, its like their new ovens, u gotta use gems, well i refuse to put money into a game....

3cala
07-28-15, 10:19 PM

It really hits you in the gut, doesn't it, but no way the designers could have known. If it wasn't for social media the guy would have gotten away with it scot-free. He apparently doesn't even know why everyone is so outraged.

LalaSmooth
07-29-15, 06:54 AM
Meh! It would be better if the items were out the box and see what is exactly worth 24 or more gems.

KingdomMagicD
07-29-15, 08:34 AM
I like that butterfly garden... but not enough to gamble gems. The other items don't appeal to me at all.

Yes, another week of savings!

Yes, the butterfly garden is cute but too many gems to "maybe" get it! What happens to me more times than not, is....I get every item in the box ( two times over ) and "still" never get the item I actually wanted. I won't waist gems on a "maybe"!!

ccrispiher
07-29-15, 09:45 AM
New recipes on the ovens please

steelersbabyyy
07-29-15, 10:37 AM
i got everything except the sloth22211

LalaSmooth
07-29-15, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know if the autumn/thanksgiving box is still available?

steelersbabyyy
07-29-15, 10:45 AM
they also have the pirate fountain on sale for 5 days22212

DragonWished
07-29-15, 11:02 AM
Yes, the butterfly garden is cute but too many gems to "maybe" get it! What happens to me more times than not, is....I get every item in the box ( two times over ) and "still" never get the item I actually wanted. I won't waist gems on a "maybe"!!

We could have a contest to see who gets the most 4th place prizes. I get a ridiculous number of them.

Or not. :-D

Trying to decide if I want the fountain LTO for 45 gems. Can't tell if it looks too pirate-y for general use.

LalaSmooth
07-29-15, 11:31 AM
I don't want animals from zoo story 2. If I wanted to see animals I would go and play that game (not that I ever will)

lavanyadhir
07-29-15, 11:39 AM
i got everything except the sloth22211
i so envy you :-) i love this crate, have been waiting for this forever!
i got sloth (2nd prize) and lemors (4th prize)

i wish they bring all kind of trees too..
and similar in bakery story too.

alicee11
07-29-15, 12:09 PM
Before the pirate fountain was costing 23 gems as a LTO... now 45?

jmterao
07-29-15, 01:08 PM
It just looks like recycled items from zoo story. I have not played in a few weeks now. I let my neighbors know I am taking a break. I already quit Bakery Story and deleted all the neighbors. I am underwhelmed by the quality of items and frankly, insulted by what they want for them. I am waiting till the next goal. If they are for gems, I am done.

bobbyrae
07-29-15, 01:43 PM
Before the pirate fountain was costing 23 gems as a LTO... now 45?
Hahaha! Really?

twospoons
07-29-15, 01:58 PM
congrats again, steelersbaby! you seem to have the best box luck. (unless you bought it a couple hundred times in the past couple hours, in which case, can i borrow some money?)

i was never enthused about the pirate fountain, so more saving! and i don't think 45 is awful, it seems to be in line with recent LTO prices--they're more than they used to be, sure, but i'd rather have that than gem goals.

jandtandn
07-29-15, 02:25 PM
It seems like they made the odds better for the last boxes. In BS, I've seen several bakeries with multiples of the same first place prize and have had that happen for myself as well, in both games.

steelersbabyyy
07-29-15, 03:20 PM
congrats again, steelersbaby! you seem to have the best box luck. (unless you bought it a couple hundred times in the past couple hours, in which case, can i borrow some money?)

i was never enthused about the pirate fountain, so more saving! and i don't think 45 is awful, it seems to be in line with recent LTO prices--they're more than they used to be, sure, but i'd rather have that than gem goals.

haha no i never do a box more than 5 times!!! the last couple boxes i've gotten great prizes. I wonder if they're gonna make the boxes easier to get the top prizes if they're gonna do it every 2 weeks

steelersbabyyy
07-29-15, 03:21 PM
haha no i never do a box more than 5 times!!! the last couple boxes i've gotten great prizes. I wonder if they're gonna make the boxes easier to get the top prizes if they're gonna do it every 2 weeks

but i think i did this box a little more maybe around 8 times cuz i wanted the first place prize lol

orleansparish
07-29-15, 04:35 PM
These items are cute, but would work so much better in pet shop story. Those people are asking for new items, give these to them. Even if someone can create an outdoor area, ive never found a decent way to make pets work in any food area.

twospoons
07-29-15, 04:46 PM
It seems like they made the odds better for the last boxes. In BS, I've seen several bakeries with multiples of the same first place prize and have had that happen for myself as well, in both games.

or it's the old carnival trick--make sure to practically give away a couple large stuffed animals, because you want to have people walking around with them so that other fairgoers think it's possible to win the games, even when it's practically impossible to win the games.

LalaSmooth
07-30-15, 02:15 AM
That pirate fountain was 23 gems before and now they have it for 45 gems? Whoever buys it are being robbed. This game is getting worse and worse

mariarenee83
07-30-15, 11:42 AM
I hope they adding more stuff for the update

twospoons
07-31-15, 12:10 AM
well I'll be a monkey's uncle! they finally released an android goal to download bagel cafe. That only took what, 3 years?

PepperWoo
07-31-15, 12:32 AM
well I'll be a monkey's uncle! they finally released an android goal to download bagel cafe. That only took what, 3 years?

Came here for this! To say I was surprised to finally get this goal download is an understatement LOL this has gotta be some kind of record.

LalaSmooth
07-31-15, 12:42 AM
Yeah and I've not had a weekly goal for the past three weeks

jandtandn
07-31-15, 04:23 AM
I just got the first place Butterfly Garden!

I also got the lemur, giraffe, sloth, stuffed animal stand (not the panda one), and the zoo keeper. No duplicates.

I like two spoons idea with the jungle cruise boat. I was also thinking that the cat circus decor thing could be used for this, too. Even the pirate fountain since it has a parrot on it. Not sure if I'll get it.

jmsgagirl2
07-31-15, 04:43 AM
Did the bagel cafe update seriously only add two new bagel recipes or am I missing something?

LalaSmooth
07-31-15, 07:36 AM
Did the bagel cafe update seriously only add two new bagel recipes or am I missing something?

Yes as I remember.

PepperWoo
07-31-15, 10:16 AM

With regards to food, then yes there are only two new bagel recipes. There are also floor decorations like the Deli Display, Bagel Rack, etc. but since they're not new, you won't see them at the beginning like the usual updates. Look for them near the end.

twospoons
07-31-15, 11:04 AM
Yeah and I've not had a weekly goal for the past three weeks

yeah. i gave up on bagel cafe a while ago, when we got the goal to download the version that came AFTER bagels. i held out for a long time, but really thought that one was just skipped. the only reason i saw it today was because i just started a baby bakery/restaurant on a new device, so those got the goal even though my main ones didn't. oh well!

that's not hugely uncommon for new versions, even if 3 is more the norm. yoga cafe in bakery only had 2 recipes (although on their own stove). but that's just recipes, like pepperwoo said, you have new decor options now too. i liked this content and had a nice breakfast place going for a while.

I just got the first place Butterfly Garden!

I also got the lemur, giraffe, sloth, stuffed animal stand (not the panda one), and the zoo keeper. No duplicates.

I like two spoons idea with the jungle cruise boat. I was also thinking that the cat circus decor thing could be used for this, too. Even the pirate fountain since it has a parrot on it. Not sure if I'll get it.

congrats! the more i think about it/see it in other places, the more i want to try it, but i feel like this box in particular needs a lot of buys and i don't have the gems for it right now. :( because it's not like a lot of boxes where there's a ton of other non-boxed relevant content.

or relephant content. see S8? that's a pun.

(also, not sure i agree with the cat circus, but that's mostly because i hate the cat circus.)

twospoons
07-31-15, 11:51 AM
in BS thread, someone posted that this week's special offer to some players is $20 for one each mighty grill, oven & stove.

i have to say, i'd rather S8 would give me (and everyone) these offers, but if they're not going to, i'm glad they haven't yet been things that i would want to purchase.

aiyoosha
07-31-15, 12:51 PM
in BS thread, someone posted that this week's special offer to some players is $20 for one each mighty grill, oven & stove.

i have to say, i'd rather S8 would give me (and everyone) these offers, but if they're not going to, i'm glad they haven't yet been things that i would want to purchase.

yeh its true 3 appliances for 20 bucks here, forget that. you dont even get a display or gems or anything. and thats 50% off aye aye aye

CassieJo84
07-31-15, 01:04 PM
I wonder how many people will buy 18+ of these "value packs" to have all "mighty" appliances. You know someone will!

DLL137
07-31-15, 01:32 PM
Including Etaxes, it would be well over $430 where I live.

twospoons
07-31-15, 02:19 PM
i can't really see that happening. wouldn't the people willing to spend that kind of money on the game already have all these recipes mastered and probably more food on their counters than they know what to do with?

but then again, there's always a few crazy people.

shinypenny3011
07-31-15, 03:18 PM
$20 for appliances. That's what it has come to now??? Sale?? Ugh....
I can't imagine getting worse, but they do each time

TexasFarmerBarb
08-01-15, 09:06 AM

Which stove has those new recipes? I can't find them!

twospoons
08-01-15, 07:39 PM
Regular stove. Did you download the version?

$20 for appliances. That's what it has come to now??? Sale?? Ugh....
I can't imagine getting worse, but they do each time

at least not buying it doesn't lose you access to any recipes! Or decor. God I hope august isn't RS's "turn" to get gem goals.

deekathleen
08-02-15, 06:18 AM
Regular stove. Did you download the version?

at least not buying it doesn't lose you access to any recipes! Or decor. God I hope august isn't RS's "turn" to get gem goals.

I bet it will be, either that or there will be no goal at all.

LalaSmooth
08-02-15, 01:22 PM
Why isn't android getting packages? Why are we missing out on these offers?

AliSweet876
08-03-15, 09:35 AM
Why isn't android getting packages? Why are we missing out on these offers?

My sentiments exactly! Say this all the time. They need to do better. Sooo unfair!

angelmama24
08-04-15, 11:47 AM

Storm8 often has bad timing, like when they issued the airplane update on the anniversary of 9/11. But I wish the lion display were made available as an LTO to pay homage to Cecil. I don't have enough gems to take a gamble on the box, plus I don't have good luck with boxes.