PDA

View Full Version : Gifting again

Ellie
08-12-10, 03:20 AM
Like being able to receive 20 gifts per day, I think that there should be a limit on the amount of gifts you can send.

Also useful gifts like water or packets of seeds, say enough for 5 plots or even 500 coins.

Anyone else notice that some neighbours are sending gifts instead of watering.

Buttwipe
08-12-10, 01:04 PM
Is there a default list of gifts you can give..? I have cow, sheep, 2 trees, chicken and a crate.
Is this the same gift list as everybody else..?

Unregistered
08-13-10, 02:23 AM
Also useful gifts like water or packets of seeds, say enough for 5 plots or even 500 coins.

I strongly agree and would cast my vote to this.

With regards to limit of gifts send a day, maybe the sender 'pays' for it?, so the limit depends on the sender's budget. This is of course in view of the current gift-giving situation for farmers who dont water back and send gifts instead, getting all the +xp's and +coins, doesnt cost them anything is just so ......

Unregistered
08-13-10, 04:56 AM
Wait, what?

I'm glad my neighbours are not contractually obliged to water!
I'd be satisfied with the thought behind a gift, even one that is sent across all a players' neighbours, and would more likely remove a player who had clearly left the game months previously than one who didn't fight with others to be the first to add 20 coins' worth of value to my last immature cantaloupe. ;)

Hawk 8
08-13-10, 10:45 AM
If you are unhappy with a neighbor that gifts instead of waters then please just remove that neighbor from your list. Imposing gift giving limits is not the answer. I have tons of neighbors and I gift them all every other day early in the morning (so they get my gift) to the best of my ability. I do have 14 million dollars and would be willing to pay to send gifts to my neighbors but not all farmers have that luxury. Delete farmers you are unhappy with and please stop trying to impose restrictions on the game that would limit the enjoyment of others.

Ellie
08-13-10, 11:56 AM
If you are unhappy with a neighbor that gifts instead of waters then please just remove that neighbor from your list. Imposing gift giving limits is not the answer. I have tons of neighbors and I gift them all every other day early in the morning (so they get my gift) to the best of my ability. I do have 14 million dollars and would be willing to pay to send gifts to my neighbors but not all farmers have that luxury. Delete farmers you are unhappy with and please stop trying to impose restrictions on the game that would limit the enjoyment of others.

Well excuse me for having an opinion. I thought this forum was called "Farm Story Discussion" where farmers were free to put forward suggestions. There have been many suggestions put forward that I have resisted the tempatation to shoot down because I don't agree with them. I am in no way trying to impose restrictions on the game.

So in response to your post, please allow me the freedom to express my opinions in an open discussion.

BTW, I am not a newbie to the game.

Ellie

Buttwipe
08-13-10, 12:19 PM
Ellie

You seem sensible...

Can you answer my last post....

Is there a default list of gifts you can give..? I have cow, sheep, 2 trees, chicken and a crate.

Ellie
08-13-10, 12:51 PM
Ellie

You seem sensible...

Can you answer my last post....

I have

Plum Tree
Cow
Topiary
Chicken
Sheep
Apple Tree
Wooden Crate
Orange Tree

I don't know if the gift list is dependent on levels, if you haven't unlocked it in the main game then it may not be in the gift list. I'm at lvl 71 so everything is unlocked.

Hope this helps. Apologies for missing your first post, I was surfing on my phone.

Ellie

Unregistered
08-13-10, 01:00 PM
Anyone else notice that some neighbors are sending gifts instead of watering.

I have, the news feed should be longer to check on that.

Buttwipe
08-13-10, 01:06 PM
Thanks Ellie

Interesting....my list is identical, and only level 19. Must be a standard list then.

Just out of interest, how long has it taken you to achieve that level?
Do you have a certain method of building xp.?
I don't think I'm doing that very well..!

Unregistered
08-13-10, 01:12 PM
Hi fellow farmers  can you tell me how to receive or send gifts please? I have had a couple sent to me, but I do not know how to accept them?

Ellie
08-13-10, 01:20 PM
Thanks Ellie

Interesting....my list is identical, and only level 19. Must be a standard list then.

Just out of interest, how long has it taken you to achieve that level?
Do you have a certain method of building xp.?
I don't think I'm doing that very well..!

I've been playing since the beginning of June. In the early stages of the game, don't worry about having a fancy farm. The more productive plots you can have the better. Decorations look nice but are wasted space. Trees and animals don't produce a high enough coin yield. If you have the time plant a couple of rounds of strawberries before you replant. I managed to do a 21x21 farm well within the five minutes. To be extreme, plan your farm around your day. I plant an 8 hour overnight crop. Harvest first thing, then maybe a round of cranberries or pineapples before I go out.

Then work out when I'll be able to get back on the farm and plant accordingly. If I'm available in the evening, plant cranberries and pineapples. Can still watch TV and harvest and replant.

On the higher levels, the only thing available is expansion but you need over 10k xp to level up. If you have built up a healthy stash of coins buying gazebos (cost 20,000) gives you 300 xp and you can store in your inventory or sell for 2,400 coins. Another "*****" is to plant Red Quinoa, but don't wait for it to grow. Go into the edit function and sell the planted plots. You don't get the coins you would receive if it had ripened but you keep the XP (7 xp per plot if you count the ploughing xp).

IF you use any of the levelling up tricks that cost money, make sure you have enough coins to plant your normal farm.

Hope this helps.

Ellie

Buttwipe
08-13-10, 01:23 PM
You should be able to tap the 'gift' icon which appears, then tap 'accept'. The gift will then show up in your inventory (accessed through 'Edit')

Ellie
08-13-10, 01:24 PM
Hi fellow farmers  can you tell me how to receive or send gifts please? I have had a couple sent to me, but I do not know how to accept them?

You have to download the original Farm Story v1.5. Gifting is available in this version. To check which version you are using, go into the Help/FAQ section and it's in the bottom right hand corner.

Unregistered
08-13-10, 03:05 PM
Another "*****" is to plant Red Quinoa, but don't wait for it to grow. Go into the edit function and sell the planted plots. You don't get the coins you would receive if it had ripened but you keep the XP (7 xp per plot if you count the ploughing xp).

Great tip, thanks!

Unregistered
08-14-10, 09:02 AM

I did notice this, too. It did seem a little weird to me a first, but then I realized that it simply cut down on the number of farms that *I* had to visit and water. :D

Unregistered
08-14-10, 10:02 AM
I've looked all over and can't find a gift list. How do you get to it??

Unregistered
08-18-10, 12:49 PM

This is a game. People have busy lives. School is starting. Summer vacations.

No one signed a contract that when they said that when they would be someones neighbor that they would water every day and send gifts every day. Being some ones neighbor just makes it so that you CAN water 2x as much and send them a gift. Not required. And you have control you don't like that they sent you a gift AND did not water that day delete them. Then you will get no gift and only half or no water. Sounds VERY ungratefull and selfish to me.

Again it is a game. People play to relax. Can we just give each other a break and have fun. Life is hard enough for far to many people right now to add more stress to any one. Water as many as you have time for and gift everyone that you can (just might make someone smile that you sent them something when they were having a bad day).

Ellie
08-18-10, 01:06 PM
It was an observation not a complaint. I like to think that I'm a good neighbour who tries to water every day but do appreciate that people do have other things going on in their lives, much like myself. Apologies if I have offended you but notice that you do not have the courtesy to put your name to your comments.

Ellie

Unregistered
08-19-10, 02:56 AM
Apologies if I have offended you but notice that you do not have the courtesy to put your name to your comments.

I'm not the poster you spoke to but felt I had to say that it isn't much of a courtesy adding a name to a post in an unregistered forum. There are enough 'forum personalities' out there already if you ask me and what a person writes is of farm more worth than what they edit their username to for that post.

I'd rather be read THEN dismissed than have someone who disagreed previously see a name and skip past a topic.

I think your view on players gifting in place of watering is extreme and am not surprised that many disagree with it, that doesn't mean any of us are offended so there is no need to react defensively. You ARE welcome to your opinions as we are ours. :)

Ellie
08-19-10, 08:16 AM
OMG!! Who would have thought such a throw away comment could generate such passion.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 06:17 PM
I've been playing since the beginning of June. In the early stages of the game, don't worry about having a fancy farm. The more productive plots you can have the better. Decorations look nice but are wasted space. Trees and animals don't produce a high enough coin yield. If you have the time plant a couple of rounds of strawberries before you replant. I managed to do a 21x21 farm well within the five minutes. To be extreme, plan your farm around your day. I plant an 8 hour overnight crop. Harvest first thing, then maybe a round of cranberries or pineapples before I go out.

Then work out when I'll be able to get back on the farm and plant accordingly. If I'm available in the evening, plant cranberries and pineapples. Can still watch TV and harvest and replant.

On the higher levels, the only thing available is expansion but you need over 10k xp to level up. If you have built up a healthy stash of coins buying gazebos (cost 20,000) gives you 300 xp and you can store in your inventory or sell for 2,400 coins. Another "*****" is to plant Red Quinoa, but don't wait for it to grow. Go into the edit function and sell the planted plots. You don't get the coins you would receive if it had ripened but you keep the XP (7 xp per plot if you count the ploughing xp).

IF you use any of the levelling up tricks that cost money, make sure you have enough coins to plant your normal farm.

Hope this helps.

Ellie

I too done all this to level up, currently at level 67 and started around the 10th july,from planting crops of strawberries to 20gem enhanced red quinoa which I done 3 times!!! Trees aren't worth using if your trying to level up and planting long growing ones isn't worth it. Just look at it this way, u may get 6xp per plant for 3 days but you can get the same in under 40 minutes worth of repeating strawberries. I know the animals aren't worth much but what's a farm without them??? And my little one loves to go through the animal sounds daily 
Glad to see an old timer sharing their knowledge to beginners and other gamers, that's not very common these days.
As for gifting I personally gift each and every neighbor I have,daily. I have 100's of neighbors and couldn't possibly water them all daily. Why have so many neighbors??? Well atleast when one does water it's for 10 not 5 and with no neighbor limit, why not?
I know who my daily waters are and make sure I  them and i regularly return water to the farmers showing up on my news feeds page, which could be longer that's for sure!! Happy farming everyone and don't forget to all

Unregistered
08-19-10, 06:38 PM
How do you give a gift? I have been playing for a short while and didnt know you could do that! Thanks

Underegistered
08-20-10, 12:06 AM
OMG!! Who would have thought such a throw away comment could generate such passion.

Careful what you throw away then. Recycle. ;p

Unregistered
08-21-10, 06:05 AM
How do I upgrade to Farm Story version 1.5?? I don't have a gifting option in 1.4.5!
thanks!!!

Unregistered
10-13-10, 08:49 AM

Some people may just hit the "gift all" feature, but I use the gift reminder as a time to go water and gift. If the farm is fully watered, I just gift and go on.
But if you are just after coins, if your gifter is sending you dog bowls, then you can sell them for 400. Their water is only worth 200 coins, so if they only send you bowls and never water, you are ahead in coins then those who water and never gift.

Unregistered
10-13-10, 10:22 AM
You forgot about the white chicken and the brown chicken on the gifting options! Unless something has changed overnnight?

deadpix
10-13-10, 08:29 PM
You forgot about the white chicken and the brown chicken on the gifting options! Unless something has changed overnnight?

The White Chicken made its appearance in the gift list around 16 or 17 Aug 2010. The post containing the list of gifts in this thread was made on 13 Aug 2010.

gustergirl
10-27-10, 10:25 PM
There's a gift all button?!

And, I have actually had one neighbor tell me several times to "stop sending gifts"...I ended up just deleting the neighbor, because it was a pain to skip just their name when I was sending gifts...and, they never would respond to my inquiries about why gifts were a no-no for them. I mean, all you really have to do is just never open up the little gift box icon and voila...no gifts to annoy. ;) You don't have to accept or decline, just ignore.

And, I'm not sure I get why someone, if they had to choose, would choose receiving ten watered spots instead of one dog bowl. (10 spots at +20 coins each, one dog bowl received is worth more than that) Is it totally because of the experience points gained?

Ellie
10-27-10, 11:39 PM
There's a gift all button?!

And, I have actually had one neighbor tell me several times to "stop sending gifts"...I ended up just deleting the neighbor, because it was a pain to skip just their name when I was sending gifts...and, they never would respond to my inquiries about why gifts were a no-no for them. I mean, all you really have to do is just never open up the little gift box icon and voila...no gifts to annoy. ;) You don't have to accept or decline, just ignore.

And, I'm not sure I get why someone, if they had to choose, would choose receiving ten watered spots instead of one dog bowl. (10 spots at +20 coins each, one dog bowl received is worth more than that) Is it totally because of the experience points gained?

When this thread was started the ability to send gifts had just been implemented and dog bowls weren't available.

Gustergirl
10-28-10, 08:15 AM
When this thread was started the ability to send gifts had just been implemented and dog bowls weren't available.

That's cool, I was just using it as an example...but I'm still curious about why someone would prefer to be watered instead of receiving gifts...regardless of whether or not dog bowls were available, there were still gifts that were more than 200 coins (which is what you get per neighbor per day if they water ten spots). At least I think there were, it's been awhile!

And I'm still wondering about the gift all button...because that would rock!

Unregistered
10-28-10, 09:00 AM

Not sure about a "gift all button" but if you go to send a gift to your neighbor, a window pops up, you check the neighbor you want to send the gift to....if you look at that window more carefully before sending the gift, you will see that you can check each neighbor and send them all the same gift.

gustergirl
10-28-10, 09:13 PM
Not sure about a "gift all button" but if you go to send a gift to your neighbor, a window pops up, you check the neighbor you want to send the gift to....if you look at that window more carefully before sending the gift, you will see that you can check each neighbor and send them all the same gift.

yeah i do that already...with a few hundred neighbors, though...one button would definitely be nicer! ;)

Tchrmom
10-30-10, 11:33 PM
QUOTE=Gustergirl;13219]That's cool, I was just using it as an example...but I'm still curious about why someone would prefer to be watered instead of receiving gifts...regardless of whether or not dog bowls were available, there were still gifts that were more than 200 coins (which is what you get per neighbor per day if they water ten spots). At least I think there were, it's been awhile!

And I'm still wondering about the gift all button...because that would rock![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that the people who don't want gifts are new. That was the deal when I started farming. I got a few neighbors and started getting gifts. I had no idea you could sell them. I just wasn't familiar enough with the game. I ran out of room on my farm. I had the same mentality that one should have when we get gifts in real life...just be grateful someone gave you something.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:09 AM
I had wondered about the gifts too (only been playing for a month), until I realized that most send gifts to help you earn more coins. Do you realize that the dog bones sell for 400 coins if you sell them?? I will never complain about the gifts, now that I realize the reasoning behind them. I received 21 dog bones today & sold them all. That is 8400 coins! Some ask for the dog bones..now I get it. It's just another way for us to help each other earn more coins. We certainly get more from selling the gifts than we get if others water our farms. So I say, keep the gifts coming!

gustergirl
11-02-10, 09:50 PM
The one former neighbor of mine who was repeatedly asking me and posting on their wall not to send gifts...wasn't new...and i still have no clue why it would be an issue. seems like it would take more effort to constantly tell people to stop sending them. ;)

I have nearly 1000 dog bowls in inventory...i really need to sell them all. What a pain in the neck, but I might do that right now! I'm about to harvest, so I'll just clear out some room and start selling. I sure wish there was an easier way to sell (like straight from the gift or inventory screen).

Unregistered
11-03-10, 12:23 AM
QUOTE=Gustergirl;13219]That's cool, I was just using it as an example...but I'm still curious about why someone would prefer to be watered instead of receiving gifts...regardless of whether or not dog bowls were available, there were still gifts that were more than 200 coins (which is what you get per neighbor per day if they water ten spots). At least I think there were, it's been awhile!

g.[/QUOTE]

Because when you get watered you get one extra XP per square and when you get a gift, when you get a dog bowl, all you get is $400. If you have under 20 neighbors maybe you would not mind, but if you have a bunch, what you are after is the XP in order to advance to the next level and not the dog bowl. In fact the people who water every day also gift every day, so the people who only gift are just lazy. Mostly they just gift back after you gift them.
Rememeber, XP's make you advance to another level, the next levels give you more land, the more land you have the more money you make and you really don't need the dog bowl money that much unless you are saving for the mansion. But even then you can only get 20 gifts and your field may be big enough for a hundred people to water if you change your crops often enough through the day. My goal is a 100% watered crop with every harvest, and I have never planted a 24 hour crop, much less a 2,3 or 4 day crop (except the occasional rice for decoration only)
Also each watering is worth 20 coins, so 10 waterings is worth 200 coins as well. Again if you have over 20 neighbors, then you can only accept 20 water bowls and every other neighbor "gives" you that money for watering. Watering is *very* important and those who do not want neighbors take much longer to get to higher levels because it takes so much longer to get XP's. Even if you are only doing the higher XP short term crops. If your XP is 2 and a water adds 1 it means a heck of a lot!!!!!! I try to track neighbors who do not water and dump them. The big problem is that it is very easy to track gifts and very hard to track watering since the newsfeed is so short. Leave a message when you water so they know you did it. I don't care if you gift me, because I get about 80 a day ( I never accept them until the end of the day and they keep rolling through that way and you can track them....) but I really care if you water me because I water ****all**** my neighbors every single day!!!

gustergirl
11-03-10, 06:26 PM
g.

Because when you get watered you get one extra XP per square and when you get a gift, when you get a dog bowl, all you get is $400. If you have under 20 neighbors maybe you would not mind, but if you have a bunch, what you are after is the XP in order to advance to the next level and not the dog bowl. In fact the people who water every day also gift every day, so the people who only gift are just lazy. Mostly they just gift back after you gift them.
Rememeber, XP's make you advance to another level, the next levels give you more land, the more land you have the more money you make and you really don't need the dog bowl money that much unless you are saving for the mansion. But even then you can only get 20 gifts and your field may be big enough for a hundred people to water if you change your crops often enough through the day. My goal is a 100% watered crop with every harvest, and I have never planted a 24 hour crop, much less a 2,3 or 4 day crop (except the occasional rice for decoration only)
Also each watering is worth 20 coins, so 10 waterings is worth 200 coins as well. Again if you have over 20 neighbors, then you can only accept 20 water bowls and every other neighbor "gives" you that money for watering. Watering is *very* important and those who do not want neighbors take much longer to get to higher levels because it takes so much longer to get XP's. Even if you are only doing the higher XP short term crops. If your XP is 2 and a water adds 1 it means a heck of a lot!!!!!! I try to track neighbors who do not water and dump them. The big problem is that it is very easy to track gifts and very hard to track watering since the newsfeed is so short. Leave a message when you water so they know you did it. I don't care if you gift me, because I get about 80 a day ( I never accept them until the end of the day and they keep rolling through that way and you can track them....) but I really care if you water me because I water ****all**** my neighbors every single day!!![/QUOTE]

First of all, I am not lazy. The reason I don't have time to water 400+ "neighbors" on a GAME is because I pack my days full of REAL LIFE. I'm not saying there's anything wrong at all if you want to spend a lot of your free time playing a game on a phone. I'm just saying that's it's not how I want to spend mine. I'm not saying that people have no life who choose to take the time to water every single neighbor, and take the time to track gifts, and take the time to regift every neighbor, and take the time to track neighbors who haven't watered. My point is that there are many reasons a person might choose to JUST gift and not water, and lumping all those people into a category and calling them all lazy is incredibly narrow minded. Not saying you are narrow minded, just saying the generalization of people you don't even know is.

I play the game for a few minutes a day, because it's cute. And, even with that, I feel like I spend too much time playing. When I'm on my phone planting a crop or gifting neighbors, there's something else in my life that I'm not doing. But, it's a little "guilty pleasure", a bit of a distraction in my busy day. But, that's all it is for me. Doesn't make me lazy, just means I have different priorities.

But, with that being put out there, I do appreciate the answer. I don't know why someone else couldn't just say "because you don't level up with gifting"...I hadn't even thought of that. I'm in the low 50s, and I'm totally fine with my pace. ;)

gustergirl
11-03-10, 06:28 PM
oops! my bad on the funky way my previous post showed up...not sure what i touched, but i think you can figure it out! ;)

Unregistered
11-04-10, 12:39 PM
First of all, I am not lazy. The reason I don't have time to water 400+ "neighbors" on a GAME is because I pack my days full of REAL LIFE. . ;)

The difference between how you and I play the game is I only have the number of neighbors that I CAN water every day and I haven't taken every neighbor who has asked just to be sure that I have full crops. It is a strategy. It obviously works. Its why I try to track who waters so that I'm not doing all the work on my end when they just spend about 5 minutes hitting a gifting button. Two different strategies, I feel more comfortable with mine.
I just wish the game was set up so we could all know who waters, then everyone could be comfortable with the pace. I'd want to eliminate you. There are other people who only want neighbors to get to the next level and don't want to have anything to do with any of them. I don't track every day, just about once a month, when I realize that I've taken all this time and others are not. I want to dump those people and I'd love an easier way of figuring that out. Mostly I have great neighbors now who all do the same as I, but it took a bit of time to "weed" the bad ones out.

gustergirl
11-04-10, 02:04 PM
The difference between how you and I play the game is I only have the number of neighbors that I CAN water every day and I haven't taken every neighbor who has asked just to be sure that I have full crops. It is a strategy. It obviously works. Its why I try to track who waters so that I'm not doing all the work on my end when they just spend about 5 minutes hitting a gifting button. Two different strategies, I feel more comfortable with mine.
I just wish the game was set up so we could all know who waters, then everyone could be comfortable with the pace. I'd want to eliminate you. There are other people who only want neighbors to get to the next level and don't want to have anything to do with any of them. I don't track every day, just about once a month, when I realize that I've taken all this time and others are not. I want to dump those people and I'd love an easier way of figuring that out. Mostly I have great neighbors now who all do the same as I, but it took a bit of time to "weed" the bad ones out.

I actually think the biggest difference between how you and I play the game is that I don't want to spend more than 5 or 10 minutes a day playing it. But, as I said, my biggest issue with what you said, is calling everyone lazy who exclusively gifts. I just found it to be in poor form. Anyway, it's not a big deal. Good luck with your farm and take care! Again, thanks for clarifying the "don't gift, only water" question I had.

dimnd97
11-04-10, 04:20 PM
Well, I'm at level 36 and have only a white chicken, a dog bowl, and an apple tree in my gift options. I've been wondering how my neighbors have been sending me other gifts. I wonder why I have only 3 items to gift from, someone else has 6, and another has 9. I'm puzzled . . .

Unregistered
11-04-10, 09:28 PM
Well, I'm at level 36 and have only a white chicken, a dog bowl, and an apple tree in my gift options. I've been wondering how my neighbors have been sending me other gifts. I wonder why I have only 3 items to gift from, someone else has 6, and another has 9. I'm puzzled . . .

I thought I had the exact same problem. There is no white scroll arrow on the gifting. It does keep on scrolling, then you will find the other gifts. I always give dog bowls unless I see someone is collecting something that is worth more than $400. Obviously never give a chicken, but it is fun to give people cows, and I've been collecting hedge rows lately. They should have put in that silly white arrow. Just look, you will see the other options, and know that other people went a while without finding them either. : )

Unregistered
11-07-10, 08:10 AM
I actually think the biggest difference between how you and I play the game is that I don't want to spend more than 5 or 10 minutes a day playing it. But, as I said, my biggest issue with what you said, is calling everyone lazy who exclusively gifts. I just found it to be in poor form. Anyway, it's not a big deal. Good luck with your farm and take care! Again, thanks for clarifying the "don't gift, only water" question I had.

400 neighbors, never water them and complained about not have a "gift all" feature. Level 50ish, with lots of watered crops yourself. I was using lazy as term for the general population. I honestly didn' think of the strategy of adding everyone who asks and gifting only. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. I do thank-you as I have been holding onto two people over 50 level with a 0 watering number and now didn't hesitate to dump them. I thought they could not have gotten that high without doing a lot of watering, and were just having an off month or something. What a dummy I've been!
And I was previously replying to the entire thread about why one should water, not to any one person, just wanted to lay the whole thing out for all people reading this.

gustergirl
11-08-10, 08:21 AM
400 neighbors, never water them and complained about not have a "gift all" feature. Level 50ish, with lots of watered crops yourself. I was using lazy as term for the general population. I honestly didn' think of the strategy of adding everyone who asks and gifting only. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. I do thank-you as I have been holding onto two people over 50 level with a 0 watering number and now didn't hesitate to dump them. I thought they could not have gotten that high without doing a lot of watering, and were just having an off month or something. What a dummy I've been!
And I was previously replying to the entire thread about why one should water, not to any one person, just wanted to lay the whole thing out for all people reading this.

Where did you read that I complained? Someone mentioned a "gift all" button in a previous post and I asked about it. I don't have lots of watered crops myself, either. I'm not even trying for that. And, I haven't attempted to strategize, either, just thought the graphics were cute. People sent requests, I added them. I had a super cute farm to start with, and then just figured I'd plant crops to earn gems. That's about as much strategy as I've considered.

Unregistered
11-09-10, 01:59 PM
I have recently found that dog bowls sell for 400 coins each! My neighbors and I regularly exchange this item in particular, which is great! In the beginning I was like 'what am I going to do with all these dog bowls?!' so I sold one and am now getting a huge bonus from this aspect of the game. The gifts do not cost anything to send and you can only send one every 24hrs to each neighbor. The gifts are standard across the board, regardless of level. After one has received 20 gifts they can't receive anymore until they accept them or, after a time, the filled 'gift cache' empties out. Hope the issues y'all r having get resolved!