PDA

View Full Version : Need quick FREE gems in substantial amounts? Install "featured" goal games!

ogreve
07-24-15, 02:17 AM
Hi,

I would like to start a thread on something that I'm sure will help a lot of players who are short on gems and need some quick free gems in substantial amounts for completing tasks like the Electric Elk one. In fact, I can't believe that this isn't already way up there as a permanent "sticky". Possibly it may seem so obvious that no one decided to start a thread about it, but I think many players (just like me, until recently!) are not aware of this.
@Kooky Panda: I think it would be *really* helpful if you could "sticky this". :P

Here goes:

For *really* quickly and easily getting a substantial amount of FREE gems, install the "featured games" that appear in the "Goals" menu. When you click one in the goals menu, the "rewards" section is empty. This previously caused me to think that there was no additional reward for installing and playing those games and I then just didn't install them.

However..... As soon as you so much as install the game, open it and play it for a few seconds, you'll have met the first goal. When this has been done, return to FFS (if necessary clear it from memory once so it starts again with the normal FFS splash screen, etc.) and then you should be notified that you met the goal. At that time you don't get any reward yet, but now you'll see a new goal added to your list, being to put down a single piece of "stone path" (that costs only 10 coins and takes 1 single square of forest space). As soon as you put it in the forest, you'll get no less than 30 (!) gems as a reward!
After that, you can simply sell the piece of stone path or store it (or leave it in place if so desired).

Do take particular notice of the fact that the amount of free gems gained this easily is no less than 6 times (!!!) the typical reward for ANY of the normal FFS goals like breeding for specific animals, winning a tournament, etc. and... it can literally be done in maybe 1-2 minutes of time!!!

After this has been done, a new (harder) goal will appear for the same game, trying to get you to achieve higher levels. If you like the game and/or really want the gems, simply continue playing the game in the available 'slack time' that you have. With some games this can be more "intense" than with others. If you complete all goals for the respective game, in the end you will have gotten 75 free gems (in 4 'gem iterations' being 30-15-15-15).

I only very recently noticed that you could get free gems by installing and playing these goal games, and I'm now kicking myself for not having known this earlier!
Recently I did install and play several games for which I think the goals are now expired, these were Diamond Quest (a type of game that I like a lot, so it was fun to play it), Restaurant Story 2 (I don't like that type of game at all, so I only went for the initial 30 gems), Dragon Story (soooo, I finally got to play that a bit, I did have it installed but hadn't played it much, I like FFS better though, as well, no offence but the 'dragons' in DS do not exactly come across as mighty beasts but rather like cuddly kind of "teddy bear dragons" - again, no offence, but when I think of dragons I think of something "not-cute" like Smaug, Dracaris, Drogon, etc. ;) ).

For the current goal games, I just finished the last goal that was given for Castle Story 2 days ago. I really like the gameplay in that game (though it's rather annoying to constantly have to wait for new energy and I hate having to ask neighbours for items in order to be able to expand), but it's too much work for me now to continue playing in it. Give this one a try though, if you already haven't. This is the kind of game that I may later decide to pick up more permanently.

Then, just this morning a very easy goal game popped up: a slots game. I don't like that type of game at all, but, as always installing and playing a tiny bit gave me directly 30 gems. The second goal is to reach level 10. Sounds daunting right? Well, no, the game quite conveniently has an "Auto spin" option (by holding the "spin" button a few seconds it activates and you don't have to keep holding it). At this very moment, I have my phone hooked up to the power supply and at leisure I watch how the game automatically plays through the levels whilst I have my hands free to type this (it's already at level 7 now). :)
Sometimes the game stops for a level-up or short bonus play, but both can be handled in some 10-30 seconds and then it's off on its way to the next level up again. :P

So, to those who desperately need quick gems to speed breed, finish a goal, or just want to add these gems to their stash, make sure to not miss out on this very easy option of quick free gems in substantial amounts!!

Enjoy!
Olafo

Allixiandra
07-24-15, 03:33 AM
This is great! I also thought that there is no reward and never tried it. Thank you very much for this Olafo! :)

GC5410
07-24-15, 05:08 AM
It's great at Christmas, when all the Christmas themed versions of the games come out! Last Christmas I got over $100 worth of gems!! That was just for installing and playing once! Playing all the games over several levels would have got me even more, but I didn't have the time to do so. I had installed/played many of them the year before also, but since deleted them, so I was actually rewarded the gems twice for doing the same thing!

ogreve
07-24-15, 05:54 AM
@Allixiandra: You're most welcome! The mere fact that I've then been able to help at least ONE person with this thread has made it well worth to post it! :)

It's great at Christmas, when all the Christmas themed versions of the games come out! Last Christmas I got over $100 worth of gems!! That was just for installing and playing once! Playing all the games over several levels would have got me even more, but I didn't have the time to do so. I had installed/played many of them the year before also, but since deleted them, so I was actually rewarded the gems twice for doing the same thing!

You actually mention something that I'm wondering about:
IIRC, FFS was first tried when it appeared as a goal in Jewel Mania, a game I've been playing for several years (sometimes intensely and sometimes not). Funnily enough I never realised that the occasional "Finish any level for 3 golden keys" bonuses came from the featured games. ;)
But... what I'm wondering about: I'm at level 544 with Jewel Mania and I have previously seen Jewel Mania as a featured game in the FFS installation we had on the now stolen iPad. That goal never appeared on my main account (surely because I was about 40-fold over the top goal :P), but what would happen if I were to see it as an "active goal" on a different IOS device, then were to deinstall that game on the main device and then open FFS? Would it then also come up as a goal in FFS on the main account, after which I could simply reinstall and open it, and upon reopening FFS then afterwards, would I directly have met ALL objectives AND get to keep my current level in Jewel Mania, or would the current level simply drop to 0 again as if it were a clean new installation?
I'm WAY too afraid to try it with something in which I'm THAT far advanced!
Nowadays I almost never play Jewel Mania, but that is probably still the #1 most advanced game in terms of progress on my iPhone. Certainly of all of the S8 games. Monster Life (made by Gameloft) may be an exception, as I played that until EVRYTHING was maxed out and ALL monsters were obtained and there pretty much was nothing for me to do anymore in that game, and as GL seemed to have dropped that game, no new content became available anymore...

It would be great if one could simply deinstall the advanced games for a moment, then open FFS, see them appear as a goal, reinstall the respective game, open it up to continue from the point where one was left before deinstalling it (!) and then open FFS in order to instantly (well, "instantly successively" of course :P ) reap all the benefits from the hard gameplay that was put in before the game became an FFS goal... :P

Does anyone know for sure?

GC5410
07-24-15, 08:06 AM
Well, I can't say for sure as it's been a while since I did it (and I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything you lost!), but in my experience when I have deleted a game, I have then later been offered to install it for gems, which I have done and the game has continued on from where it was when I deleted it. For example.... I installed Jewel mania and got to level 10, deleted it and was then at Christmas offered the Christmas version for gems, so installed and carried on from level 10 to level 20, earning gems for installing and completing level 5, 10, 20 (or whatever they were) - effectively getting the gems twice for install and twice for level 5 (or whatever the lowest level was you got gems for).

HOWEVER...

when I deleted the game, I wasn't offered gems to install it again for several weeks/months, so it wasn't the case that you could just delete it and the gem install offer would pop up straight away - you would have to be without the game for quite sometime (it's possible if you waited until near a Christmas or Valentine release day you could minimise how long you would have to be without the game for). I had the original game in September-ish time for a few weeks, deleted it, then the Christmas themed one was offered in December, which I installed and then deleted a few weeks later and then in Febuary I was offered the Valentine themed version, installed, deleted, then some time later was offered the original version again. Every time getting gems for installing and gems for each level goal I had already reached (even though the game would carry on at whatever level I had been at when I had deleted it).

I hope all that makes sense?! I'm probably not explaining it very well!

I don't know about different accounts across multiple devices though as I just use my iPad.

chippychan
07-24-15, 08:15 AM
It would be great if one could simply deinstall the advanced games for a moment, then open FFS, see them appear as a goal, reinstall the respective game, open it up to continue from the point where one was left before deinstalling it (!) and then open FFS in order to instantly (well, "instantly successively" of course :P ) reap all the benefits from the hard gameplay that was put in before the game became an FFS goal... :P

Does anyone know for sure?

Uninstalling a game that you've previously achieved a high level in and then re-installing it doesn't work for getting the goal reward again.

For example, I was playing Restaurant Story 2 on my iphone before it was a goal in FFS. One Friday morning a goal popped up in FFS to get to a certain level in RS2 (which I hadn't gotten to yet), but there was not a goal for installing it. So if you are already playing a game that becomes a goal you are out of luck.

I can back this up with another scenario I ran into with the same game (Restaurant Story 2) being offered as a goal in FFS on my ipad account. I had NOT played RS2 story of that device so I was able to install it and get the gem reward for that account. I leveled up a bit on my ipad in RS2 but never finished the final level goal so that goal disappeared and I uninstalled RS2.

About a week ago I guess the incentive to try RS2 came up again because my ipad account got the goal to reach a certain level in it. So even though I no longer had the game installed on my device it did NOT give me the option to re-install for the initial 30 gem bonus again.

ogreve
07-24-15, 08:19 AM
Ok, thanks!
Oddly enough in a way that's a bit of a relief and I'm sure it's done so as to prevent people from figuring out ways to ***** the system.
I would be terrified to remove something like Jewel Mania (currently at level 544) or Candy Mania (currently at level 222). It would be cool if S8 gave an additional gem bonus to the players who are beyond level 100 or so when they detect that a game has already been installed. :D

ninasidstorm8
07-24-15, 08:38 AM
This Slot game offer is the first one I have received in months. I think the last one was in February. I first started playing FFS as a goal from Dragon Story and I used to get them all the time. If you have more than 1 S8 game installed, you can get a reward for each of them by installing the one game. What I do is once I notice a goal for downloading a game, is to wait until I have opened each S8 game before downloading it, to get the offer set for each game. Then once I download the game, Start each S8 game again and perform the necessary action to collect the reward. If you get an additional reward for reaching a certain level in the game, repeat the process.

I have deleted games that I wasn't interested in playing anymore and months later received a reward for installing it again. However, since your progress in the game is saved, I didn't get any additional goals for progressing. In fact the Slot game was one of them.

My favorite was the Halloween special for Dragon Story where I got the reward for installing and it was just a new set of colorings for a game I was already playing. Even Dragon Story gave me a reward for that one.

For some reason the Slot game is starting to install but not finishing. Hopefully its just a problem with too many people accessing it at the same time. I would like to get the gems for installing it but since it is a game that I had installed and deleted many moths ago, I don't expect that I will get any goals for progress.

One other note, occasionally to get the gem reward for installing you need to visit a neighbor rather than buy a decoration, although buy a decoration is used most often.

GC5410
07-24-15, 08:42 AM
Uninstalling a game that you've previously achieved a high level in and then re-installing it doesn't work for getting the goal reward again.

For example, I was playing Restaurant Story 2 on my iphone before it was a goal in FFS. One Friday morning a goal popped up in FFS to get to a certain level in RS2 (which I hadn't gotten to yet), but there was not a goal for installing it. So if you are already playing a game that becomes a goal you are out of luck.

I can back this up with another scenario I ran into with the same game (Restaurant Story 2) being offered as a goal in FFS on my ipad account. I had NOT played RS2 story of that device so I was able to install it and get the gem reward for that account. I leveled up a bit on my ipad in RS2 but never finished the final level goal so that goal disappeared and I uninstalled RS2.

About a week ago I guess the incentive to try RS2 came up again because my ipad account got the goal to reach a certain level in it. So even though I no longer had the game installed on my device it did NOT give me the option to re-install for the initial 30 gem bonus again.

Although (as per my post above) if you leave RS2 deleted and don't reinstall it, then come Christmas you should get an offer of 30 gems to install the Christmas themed RS2 and you should find you are on whatever level you were on when you deleted the (normal/original) RS2 and still get the gems for the install and each goal you have already completed.

This is what has always happened for me in the past anyway.... :)

chippychan
07-24-15, 08:49 AM
This Slot game offer is the first one I have received in months.

Me too! I just figured I'd played all of the games and that's why I stopped getting them. :rolleyes:
The only one I had gotten in the last few months was the RS2 offer on my ipad that I mentioned... but I didn't even bother with it.

Although (as per my post above) if you leave RS2 deleted and don't reinstall it, then come Christmas you should get an offer of 30 gems to install the Christmas themed RS2 and you should find you are on whatever level you were on when you deleted the (normal/original) RS2 and still get the gems for the install and each goal you have already completed.

This is what has always happened for me in the past anyway.... :)

Yep, I think you're right about the holiday ones being separate. Although I wasn't playing around Christmas time so I don't have that experience for myself. :)

[S8] Elsa
07-24-15, 10:30 AM
Please note that while we may provide you with opportunities to try out our other games, we do not have Quests/Goals that reward Points, Gems, Coins or Experience for downloading or playing our other games.