PDA

View Full Version : Please answer me! :p

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-21-15, 09:04 PM
If you linked your account to Game Center, and you get a new device, and use the same Apple ID, what would happen?

I'm asking this because I don't like my account anymore and I'm having a new iPhone this fall, and I'll have DS. What would happen? Would my game say that it must be linked? Nothing? Or something else?

orleansparish
07-22-15, 12:26 AM
When you download the dragon story app and link your current ID, yes, your current game will load onto your new device.

If you want to start fresh, just download the game and start anew. But if you have other games you want on your new device, and hope you can pick and choose which ones start over, you cannot.

So if you will still have your old phone, keep the older game on there and start fresh with the one iPhone. The game plays better to me anyways.

Hope that helped!

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-22-15, 02:46 AM
When you download the dragon story app and link your current ID, yes, your current game will load onto your new device.

If you want to start fresh, just download the game and start anew. But if you have other games you want on your new device, and hope you can pick and choose which ones start over, you cannot.

So if you will still have your old phone, keep the older game on there and start fresh with the one iPhone. The game plays better to me anyways.

Hope that helped!
Ahh, understood, but I really need the same Apple ID. Took me so, so long to get another one.

I really need a community manager to help me. Actually, I accidentally linked this account :(

Please help TL, the support@teamlava.com is currently not responding to me :(

owa411
07-22-15, 06:25 AM
I'm a little confused: are you refering to your apple id or your storm8 id??
If apple-id, this happened to me when i switched from Iphone 4 -> 5s. Used same apple id BUT when downloaded DS, I did the first few steps anew. But then i had the option to link my previous progress on to my new device. (Optional)
If storm8-id... Your progress now will be loaded.
Hope this helped ;)

Kennedward
07-22-15, 06:44 AM
When I switched from iPhone 4 to 5, and then again from 5 to 6, the same game gets carried over.

I'm not sure what you mean by what would happen.

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 09:46 AM
I would think you could log out of your current storm8 ID and create a new one. Does storm8 limit the number of accounts associated with one's appleID? If so, you are stuck. If not, just create a new storm8 ID.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-22-15, 11:43 AM
Ok guys, is that I accidentally linked my account with Game Center and I didn't want to use the account anymore right? So, what would happen if I'd use the same Apple ID when I get my new iPhone. Would a Game Center alert bother, would I just have my process from goodbrotherjohnandjohn, nothing would happen, or what else would happen?

I really need a community manager to help me, I've not been responded in weeks by support@teamlava.com and I repent a lot by that accident, please help me, I don't like this account anymore and I downloaded almost all TL game I love. Please unlink my account from Game Center.

Kennedward
07-22-15, 11:52 AM
Ok guys, is that I accidentally linked my account with Game Center and I didn't want to use the account anymore right? So, what would happen if I'd use the same Apple ID when I get my new iPhone. Would a Game Center alert bother, would I just have my process from goodbrotherjohnandjohn, nothing would happen, or what else would happen?

I really need a community manager to help me, I've not been responded in weeks by support@teamlava.com and I repent a lot by that accident, please help me, I don't like this account anymore and I downloaded almost all TL game I love. Please unlink my account from Game Center.

If you use the same Apple ID on a new phone, then all your information gets carried over to that new phone.

I unlinked my account from game center before, there was an option in there that allows you to disable your account. I forgot how, but I think you can find websites that walks you through it. And unfortunately any outside links in the forum will cause my post to be deleted, so just search the internet and you should find out how.

owa411
07-22-15, 12:07 PM

Euh, this might sound stupid, but it's worth a try: if you delete the game from your iphone now and delete progress from gamecenter?? Sometimes it gives that option too... That might do the trick??

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-22-15, 12:09 PM
If you use the same Apple ID on a new phone, then all your information gets carried over to that new phone.

I unlinked my account from game center before, there was an option in there that allows you to disable your account. I forgot how, but I think you can find websites that walks you through it. And unfortunately any outside links in the forum will cause my post to be deleted, so just search the internet and you should find out how.
No results appeared, absolutely what I searched was light years of what I was referring, I also searched the word 'unlink' on the forum, and almost nothing appeared. And support@teamlava.com hasn't responded me in 3 weeks! I really need a community manager!

Kennedward
07-22-15, 12:13 PM
No results appeared, absolutely what I searched was light years of what I was referring, I also searched the word 'unlink' on the forum, and almost nothing appeared. And support@teamlava.com hasn't responded me in 3 weeks! I really need a community manager!

Hm that's really strange, I remember I saw websites with info about it, which was how I did it. I'm not a techno guy so pretty much everything I do that deals with technology was through searching on the internet.

Anyways, I guess the only thing you can do now is post in the glitches/bugs page, and hope a mod see your post.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-22-15, 12:21 PM
Hm that's really strange, I remember I saw websites with info about it, which was how I did it. I'm not a techno guy so pretty much everything I do that deals with technology was through searching on the internet.

Anyways, I guess the only thing you can do now is post in the glitches/bugs page, and hope a mod see your post.
But that's not a bug, it was my great accident! I completely ruined my life!!! I'm pretty sure it's completely impossible to revert, I'm so dumb...

kooky panda
07-22-15, 02:03 PM
If you linked your account, and you get a new device, and use the same Apple ID, what would happen?

I'm asking this because I don't like my account anymore and I'm having a new iPhone this fall, and I'll have DS. What would happen? Would my game say that it must be linked? Nothing? Or something else?
Your game progress is saved on the S8 servers and is linked to your storm ID. If you want to start your games over, get the new device and go to iTunes and download the games you want.
On one of your games go in and set up a new storm ID and password. All of your games will start from level 1.
So you will have a new storm ID and brand new games to play.

You can use the same apple ID for both devices.

kooky panda
07-22-15, 02:06 PM

This is not true. You may be thinking about the storm ID. The apple ID that you set up in iTunes with Apple is not the same as your storm ID that you set up on your games.
You can have more than one device under your Apple ID.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-22-15, 02:33 PM
Your game progress is saved on the S8 servers and is linked to your storm ID. If you want to start your games over, get the new device and go to iTunes and download the games you want.
On one of your games go in and set up a new storm ID and password. All of your games will start from level 1.
So you will have a new storm ID and brand new games to play.

You can use the same apple ID for both devices.
Thanx Kooky, but I also linked it with Game Center, so can I have more than one account when linked to Game Center, right?

Kennedward
07-22-15, 04:52 PM
This is not true. You may be thinking about the storm ID. The apple ID that you set up in iTunes with Apple is not the same as your storm ID that you set up on your games.
You can have more than one device under your Apple ID.

Ok, I only have 1 account so I usually just transfer everything, anyways that's nice to know

diner2u
07-23-15, 12:28 PM
My 1st experience was with Restaurant Story going from IPhone to Samsung Galaxy. I was signed in to S8 with my password and when moved to Samsung I downloaded and signed into S8 with my password I didn't lose anything.

Now for my son for Dragon Story all he did was switch tablets. I had to send in his tablet under warranty (only had 6 months on it) they sent him another tablet but same make and model. Downloaded the game signed into S8 and it started him over on level 2. So he created a ticket and within 12 days it was corrected.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-23-15, 04:14 PM
My 1st experience was with Restaurant Story going from IPhone to Samsung Galaxy. I was signed in to S8 with my password and when moved to Samsung I downloaded and signed into S8 with my password I didn't lose anything.

Now for my son for Dragon Story all he did was switch tablets. I had to send in his tablet under warranty (only had 6 months on it) they sent him another tablet but same make and model. Downloaded the game signed into S8 and it started him over on level 2. So he created a ticket and within 12 days it was corrected.
But remember I linked with Game Center

MaribouMay
07-23-15, 04:15 PM

Have you logged out of your storm8 account and tried to start a new one?

Kennedward
07-23-15, 04:23 PM
Just a reminder, if you make a new Storm8 account you lose all your current progress and have to start all over again.

Is that something you want?

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-23-15, 04:45 PM
Just a reminder, if you make a new Storm8 account you lose all your current progress and have to start all over again.

Is that something you want?
Well, not really :/

MaribouMay
07-23-15, 05:55 PM
Maybe you need a strategy for getting your game back on track then. What don't you like about your current game and what do you want for your current game?

Ca7007
07-23-15, 06:09 PM
Is it because you don't like your ID? If that's the case, then you can email support for help to change it. Just assuming since you say you don't want to lose your progress. :)

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-23-15, 06:29 PM
Guys, the problem is not the ID, the problem is that I accidentally linked to Game Center my DS account and I need to dislink it because I want to start a new account. Please read this before saying something else. Thanx

roguebee
07-24-15, 07:23 AM
Guys, the problem is not the ID, the problem is that I accidentally linked to Game Center my DS account and I need to dislink it because I want to start a new account. Please read this before saying something else. Thanx

From what I understand, once a game is linked to Game Center, you cannot unlink it. That said, you can have two different DS game accounts linked to the Game Center. What you will need to do is on a second device, set up a new DS account. Then go back to original device and linked the new account. From what you have said, you may need to wait until you get the new phone to do this (if a second device is not readily available now). Google "game center account" for more information.

Kennedward
07-24-15, 11:48 AM
From what I understand, once a game is linked to Game Center, you cannot unlink it. That said, you can have two different DS game accounts linked to the Game Center. What you will need to do is on a second device, set up a new DS account. Then go back to original device and linked the new account. From what you have said, you may need to wait until you get the new phone to do this (if a second device is not readily available now). Google "game center account" for more information.

I managed to unlink it once.... Forgot how but there was definitely a website that showed step by step guide to do it.

So maybe it was possible back then when it was IOS4 or so, but now they've changed it?

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-24-15, 12:07 PM
Ok guys, thanks for helping. Now, I'll talk to a community manager, they might know more. Also, for some reason, when I linked my account, it was then unlinked. Well, thanks, again :)

Kennedward
07-24-15, 12:08 PM
Nice! I'm happy for you my friend :D

bakerystoe
07-27-15, 10:11 PM
Off topic a bit but I think DS not have any related to Game Center , Ex like challenge friends..

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
07-27-15, 11:15 PM
Off topic a bit but I think DS not have any related to Game Center , Ex like challenge friends..
But it says "connect to game center" on options

bakerystoe
07-28-15, 12:30 AM
But it says "connect to game center" on options

Yeah but it's not do anything much

Kennedward
07-28-15, 05:56 AM
For me, it always has a pop-up that says connected and that really annoyed me, so I unlinked it way back in 2013 or so