PDA

View Full Version : Fennec Shox 7-24-15

kooky panda
07-21-15, 02:51 PM
14 hours to breed
11 hours to hatch egg

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22041&d=1437596311&thumb=1 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22041&d=1437596311)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ebd314a577ec1917f5714a58ac1a3e20/tumblr_inline_nruv1mZHc21qm7yoc_540.png
This Creature will be sure to add a new spark to your Forest! Its big ears and cute face will help heat up even the coldest of hearts. Be sure to make room for the Fennec Shox in Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

SummerNightSky
07-21-15, 03:01 PM
As always, I wonder if it is limited xD
I hope not because Electric/Fire only has four non-limited animals: Fire Glider, Daredevil, Gold Lion, Hareon. Needs more love I think. Also, I love fennec foxes; they're so adorable <3

How many foxes are in the game? 5? Flyerfox, Firefox, Shock Fox, Cactus Kitsune, and now Fennec Shox?

ArcadiaTofu
07-21-15, 03:03 PM
*sigh*

ANOTHER Electric-based animal that's similar to previous hybrids. Why do I even bother anymore when I hope for new permanent elements? :(

Losing interest fast, FFS.

ogreve
07-22-15, 05:20 AM
As SummerNightSky wrote: there are currently very few outcomes of fire-electric breeding. It's a pretty animal too!
I hope it can be combined well into some attempts at the Golden Retriever as I already have all of the permanent fire-electric animals. With that sentence I mean: "I hope it doesn't involve limited time breeding".

chippychan
07-22-15, 11:49 AM
I know this animal has a date of 07/24/15 on it, but the goal just showed up in my forest today (07/22/15). Did this happen for anyone else?

Sandybellee
07-22-15, 11:49 AM
I just got the Fennec Shox goal and sale ads in the game. It's two days early. I wonder if they have something else in store for us on Friday...

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 11:59 AM
Yay, it's not limited. Forgot to look to see if it was Rare or Super Rare lol

Drachenia
07-22-15, 11:59 AM
Hi I have the breeding accelerated with gems. I breed Crystal Unicorn / Fire Glider I got 2x Fire Glider
Breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Dardevil get 3x Fire Glider and 21 hours :( :(
I find it beautiful and hope Fennec Shox soon in my forest to be called welcome

Drachenia
07-22-15, 12:00 PM
Yay, it's not limited. Forgot to look to see if it was Rare or Super Rare lol

It is Rare, good luck :D

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 12:01 PM
It is Rare, good luck :D
Thanks! Good luck to you too, hope it joins your forest soon :D

rjazz
07-22-15, 12:47 PM
I know this animal has a date of 07/24/15 on it, but the goal just showed up in my forest today (07/22/15). Did this happen for anyone else?

Yes I just got it an hour so ago. I go onto the game every several hours and thought it was strange on a Wednesday.

jim23cash
07-22-15, 01:15 PM
I bred Crystal and Daredevil, and got 14 hrs, then when I put it on nest, it says 11 hours... But I think I have it. I don't recognize the egg. (I also got a Ruby fail -45 hrs! using Ruby and Electric. Thought I might get Jade fail, but not Ruby with that combo!) I'll post a pic of the egg.
Does anyone recognize this egg as something else? I don't remember it...

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 01:28 PM
I bred Crystal and Daredevil, and got 14 hrs, then when I put it on nest, it says 11 hours... But I think I have it. I don't recognize the egg. (I also got a Ruby fail -45 hrs! using Ruby and Electric. Thought I might get Jade fail, but not Ruby with that combo!) I'll post a pic of the egg.
It must be a Fennec Shox egg. It's definitely not Fire Glider, Daredevil, or Gold Lion, and those are the only other breedable Electric/Fire animals.

Strange that it has a 14 hour breed time but an 11 hour incubation time.

kat2021
07-22-15, 01:34 PM

Me too! Gold lion and pyro pony = 14 hours breeding time. Wonder if my incubation time is also going to be 11 hours!

A2TUDE
07-22-15, 01:38 PM
Me too! Gold lion and pyro pony = 14 hours breeding time. Wonder if my incubation time is also going to be 11 hours!

Same here but says 11hrs lordy:rolleyes:

kooky panda
07-22-15, 01:47 PM
Blog showed a date of 7-24-15. I guess he got released early!

Drachenia
07-22-15, 02:57 PM
Hi I have the breeding accelerated with gems. I breed Crystal Unicorn / Fire Glider I got 2x Fire Glider
Breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Dardevil get 5x Fire Glider, Gold Lion, Dardevil :( :(
I have Fennec Shox with breeding with Citrine Peregrin/Ruby Razorback get it Fire Glider and Fennec Fox breeding time is it 14 hours and nest time is 11 hours

ogreve
07-22-15, 04:27 PM
Alright, I just started trying for it, even if only for a while until we know what Friday's update will bring. :P
As the animal doesn't appear to be limited, I'll combine my attempts with something I wanted to do again for a loooong time and which just never "seemed possible" without sacrificing some other breeding: aim for the Golden Retriever!
So, my choice of the breeding pair is limited to one of the Gold Lions and the Terrorier. Here are my results:

1) Gold Lion (10) + Terrorier (10): 11 hours -> Fireglider. [Bad fail]
2) Gold Lion (10) + Terrorier (10): 21 hours -> Gold Lion! [My 3rd one, but I still think that's an EXCELLENT fail! :D]
3) Gold Lion (10) + Terrorier (10): 11 hours -> Fireglider. [Bad fail]

Ooooh, wow, on my second attempt I got a 21 hours timer! Though of course I had rather wanted to get a new animal (mostly so the Golden Retriever, of course) I'm still very happy to have gotten my 3rd Gold Lion!
For those who have been reading some of my posts of last week about the Lava Lagoons and Aurora Pegasi over them, they may anticipate my plan. At present I have one Lava Lagoon with at the ground level my two present Gold Lions (levels 10 and 15), and over it the two Aurora Pegasi (levels 1 and 15). These are the 4 animals I'm most 'proud' of in my forest and they have the most prominent spot in a high-end habitat.
Now, I'd love to have all 4 of them together at epic level in that habitat, but I fear the two Pegasi will be too big at full-blown epic level to look "nice". The two Gold Lions together walk out beautifully. I will try to see what it looks like if I move the baby Pegasus to the other Lava Lagoon (which is right next to it) and put the third Gold Lion together with the other two at ground level. If they continue to walk out beautifully, I'll leave that configuration intact and may raise the two non-epic Gold Lions to epic level too. If it looks too 'cluttered' (a thing that often happens with big 'ground walkers'), I will probably move the 3rd Gold Lion to the Lava Lagoon next to the top spot one.

Heh, some may call me crazy over the decision to keep 3 Gold Lions and plans for raising ALL of them to epic levels, but the Gold Lion is my most favourite animal in FFS (even though the Aurora Pegasus is more beautiful). There's just something really cool about them. They're "king of the animals" for a good reason! This third one WILL be kept and MUST be put in a prominent spot too! :P

Also: there's a good "collateral" from having gotten a really long timer: in a different post of mine I already mentioned wanting to 'force' a long gap between hatching and breeding. Yesterday evening the first Fireglider cleared the nest and the excess 10 hours of Gold Lion breeding time that was left was used to start hatching the Electric Elk. This morning when the Gold Lion breeding completed, I sped the remaining 5 hours of Elk hatching time and put in a 3rd attempt at the Golden Retriever: it gave me another Fireglider. Once the Fireglider is done breeding, we're some 20 minutes away from today's update. Depending on what it will be I may speed the remaining part of the Gold Lion hatching then and move the Fireglider to the nest. From today's update I kind of expect "some" breedable animal to be a part of it that could perhaps have a long breeding time. If so, I should then be able to create another long gap between the 2nd Fireglider's hatching time and the new breeding time, to hatch the Wombattery that I hope to have around that time, so I can still make the goal for it.

RorJam
07-22-15, 04:40 PM
Thanks TL for making it have its own Breed time 😉. I love foxes hahaha super happy!

RorJam
07-22-15, 04:42 PM
Ogreve It could be a Hot Dog with that breeding combo

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 06:35 PM
I bred Toronado and Hareon and got a 14 hour timer. Could it be that I got Fennec Shox on the first try? I am gobsmacked! And immediately after i finally bred a Spruce Moose!

Drachenia
07-22-15, 07:21 PM
I bred Toronado and Hareon and got a 14 hour timer. Could it be that I got Fennec Shox on the first try? I am gobsmacked! And immediately after i finally bred a Spruce Moose!

:D Yes you have get Fennec Shox, Congratulations

Animenia
07-23-15, 12:08 AM
Alright, I just started trying for it, even if only for a while until we know what Friday's update will bring. :P
As the animal doesn't appear to be limited, I'll combine my attempts with something I wanted to do again for a loooong time and which just never "seemed possible" without sacrificing some other breeding: aim for the Golden Retriever!
So, my choice of the breeding pair is limited to one of the Gold Lions and the Terrorier. Here are my results:

1) Gold Lion (10) + Terrorier (10): 11 hours -> Fireglider. [Bad fail]

You can also try for Money Badger :)

ogreve
07-23-15, 03:17 AM
Ogreve It could be a Hot Dog with that breeding combo

Hi, IIRC the Hot Dog has a 14 hour breeding time....
Either way: I sped the remaining 5 hours and it was a Fireglider alright.

ogreve
07-23-15, 03:27 AM
You can also try for Money Badger :)

Hi,
I know, but I'm still traumatised by the 3-weeks almost incessant Armordillo onslaught from trying to breed for the Musical Trio. :O
I can't bear the sight of more earth-fire fails for quite a while. :S
Also, the "odds" for the retriever and "good collaterals" are more appealing to me.
From the Money Badger attempts I still (only) need: Money Badger, Fennec Shox, Terradactyl. [3 new outcomes]
From the Golden Retriever attempts I still need: Golden Retriever, Fennec Shox, Onyx Ox, Mardi Claw, Zapra. [5 new outcomes]

And.... I like the Golden Retriever better than the Money Badger. :P

reeisme
07-23-15, 03:40 AM
Hi,
I know, but I'm still traumatised by the 3-weeks almost incessant Armordillo onslaught from trying to breed for the Musical Trio. :O
Also, the "odds" for the retriever and "good collaterals" are more appealing to me:P

That's a good point. Much better good fails for me also with golden retriever. Not to mention I have a real life one sleeping on my leg at this very moment.

I hear ya. I could only bear to try for the mamaroo once and blessedly got a Volcamel which I'll keep a baby in case of other stupid, rare breeding quests. I decided for mental health reasons and increased risk of taking out frustration on innocent iphone to make that the one and only attempt.

Attempt 1: Oh look it's a Firefox. Ha.
2 Firefox
3 Fire glider

ogreve
07-23-15, 04:18 AM
That's a good point. Much better good fails for me also with golden retriever. Not to mention I have a real life one sleeping on my leg at this very moment.

Hah!
That last sentence alone already should make the Golden Retriever a top priority animal for you! :)
As for the Firefox: well yes, that's bound to happen. We'll see Firefoxes, Firegliders and -worst of all- Koala Cadabras (longest 'fail time' and therefore 'worst fail') a lot from this combination, but.... check my second result in the post with results for this combination here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83377-Fennec-Shox-7-24-15&p=1147096&viewfull=1#post1147096

That 'fail' is a 'fail' I was secretly hoping for somewhat. It is certainly verrrryyyy welcome in my forest! I hope you'll get some good fails like these too! Well, if you want them, that is. :P

Animenia
07-23-15, 04:40 AM
Hi,
Also, the "odds" for the retriever and "good collaterals" are more appealing to me.
From the Money Badger attempts I still (only) need: Money Badger, Fennec Shox, Terradactyl. [3 new outcomes]
From the Golden Retriever attempts I still need: Golden Retriever, Fennec Shox, Onyx Ox, Mardi Claw, Zapra. [5 new outcomes]

And.... I like the Golden Retriever better than the Money Badger. :P

Oh I understand you very well... :) Armordillo is definately my "fauvorite" animal :) And Rainguin of course :D

But when trying for Retriver I was sick when I had:
9hrs fail Fire Fox and then
17hrs fail Koala Cadabra and...
9hrs again...
This big differences made me sick :)

FYI - I've finnaly got them both - Retriver in about 64 attempt (I had many breaks when trying) and Badger in 49 attempt (I had only one break - when Kitsune released and I was trying for Solar Simian)

Good luck :)

RowanaFarrin
07-23-15, 05:14 AM
First try to get one of these cuties, and my first ever electric/fire breeding and I got Gold Lion! Can not believe my luck! :D

ogreve
07-23-15, 05:24 AM
First try to get one of these cuties, and my first ever eletric/fire breeding and I got Gold Lion! Can not believe my luck! :D

Many congrats on that one!
You too will come to *LOVE* it!
Treat it well, raise it to epic level and you'll have a class A fighter too!
The Gold Lion is my number 1 most favourite FFS animal (Aurora Pegasus is #2). And.... who knows.... Maybe today is "Gold Lion" day, as I just got one too (my 3rd ever) a few hours ago. :P

sweetypies97
07-23-15, 02:09 PM
I'm trying for it, but may only throw a few attempts into the nest depending on what happens over the next few days (birthday party?)

iPad:
fire glider

iphone:
gold lion.

mraguia
07-23-15, 02:31 PM
Got it with a 13 Dare Devil + 12 Pyro Pony

RowanaFarrin
07-23-15, 07:03 PM
Many congrats on that one!
You too will come to *LOVE* it!
Treat it well, raise it to epic level and you'll have a class A fighter too!
The Gold Lion is my number 1 most favourite FFS animal (Aurora Pegasus is #2). And.... who knows.... Maybe today is "Gold Lion" day, as I just got one too (my 3rd ever) a few hours ago. :P

Thanks and congrats to you too! And it must be Gold Lion week cause I just tried again, and got another one! What are the odds?! I don't even have the *common* fire/electric animal yet! Seriously not complaining though! :D (This really makes up for my failure to get a Spruce Moose for the goal this week.)

Sandybellee
07-24-15, 01:11 AM
Just got it with Fire Glider and Daredevil. Very nice to get something so easily! Now if I could just get the Gold Lion too... :)

Congrats to all who've been getting Gold Lions and Fennec Shox!

Edit: Right after the Fennec Shox I got a Flyerfox (my first one). I guess Fennec Shox wanted to bring a fox friend with her to my forest. :)

oo56
07-24-15, 08:54 AM
I can't believe my luck because I got this animal w/ a Level 10 Gold Lion & Level 10 Hareon (I think... 14 hour timer) on my 2nd try today after getting one Fireglider!:D

On Tuesday, I got the Electric Elk!
On Wednesday, I got the Freezel!
On Thursday, I got the Grassquatch!
On Friday, I got the Fennec Shox! - sped to make sure & there it was
On Friday, I got the Beever!

* These are all new animals for me! 5 new animals in 4 consecutive days!:D

All this breeding seems a little suspicious & strange to me!:eek::confused:

ogreve
07-24-15, 09:26 AM
Thanks and congrats to you too! And it must be Gold Lion week cause I just tried again, and got another one! What are the odds?! I don't even have the *common* fire/electric animal yet! Seriously not complaining though! :D (This really makes up for my failure to get a Spruce Moose for the goal this week.)

Hi,
Thanks and congrats right back at ya for getting your second Gold Lion too. :)
Yes, it does seem like "anything the Gold Lions" do these past few days has been quite prolific. My epic one helped me heaps in yesterday's battles: taking care of 7 of the 13 rounds I won yesterday and doing so without a single loss.
My advice: keep BOTH of your Gold Lions: during this tournament I could not have done without my epic one for battles and in the meantime my level 10 one was used for attempts at the Golden Retriever.
Besides that, they're pretty and have a good earning rate. I'm keeping all three of my specimens too once the 3rd one finishes hatching. :)

@Sandybellee: I hope you get yours too soon! Good luck!

MaribouMay
07-24-15, 05:14 PM
So is anyone else surprised at how much food is required to make this animal epic? It has the same food requirements as UR animals! A total of over 138K food. I find that a bit crazy, especially since this is only a rare animal (usually rares need 44.3K).

SummerNightSky
07-24-15, 05:59 PM
So is anyone else surprised at how much food is required to make this animal epic? It has the same food requirements as UR animals! A total of over 138K food. I find that a bit crazy, especially since this is only a rare animal (usually rares need 44.3K).
Ewww, that is just...wrong. Although now that I think about it, I wonder if Electric Elk is the same way. I think I remember it requiring 5 food per feeding at level 1.

tennysonrobin
07-24-15, 06:36 PM
Only 2 fire gliders and then a 14h timer in the den... I hoped for a gold lion fail but well, this is nice too, and almost effortless compared to the chromadile shower i got when trying for mercat

Buttercup0001
07-26-15, 03:40 AM
5 Fire gliders so far and these fails are so long.

sweetdeda
07-26-15, 04:12 AM
Several fire gliders, one golden lion and now a 14 hour time!

MaribouMay
07-26-15, 08:35 AM
Ewww, that is just...wrong. Although now that I think about it, I wonder if Electric Elk is the same way. I think I remember it requiring 5 food per feeding at level 1.

I believe you are right. At least the Electric Elk is a SR though. I hope this isn't a trend to make leveling up more and more expensive.

ogreve
08-04-15, 12:35 AM
Just the other day when I got the Fennec Shox as a Magnetic Mouse fail I wondered if there's more to this animal than we at first suspect. I can readily name five "suspicious" things about it:
1) it got released earlier than announced.
2) the humongous amounts of food required for raising it (I really *DO* hope that that's not a new trend!), being that of an ultra rare for only a rare animal.
3) the mismatch in breeding and hatching time.
4) the fact that TWO of the Treasure animal recipes take other fire-electric animals.
5) being a programmer, I know how tempting and fun it is to put Easter eggs in stuff and what better time to do it than at the very date of FFSs first birthday....

I'm not sure if I'm onto something but I'm going to use this little fellow in some 4-element attempts. It would not surprise me at all if TL secretly DID do something for the FFS birthday in terms of a "secret ultra rare". It's a long shot and chances are highest that all of the above is just coincidence and that my hunch is moot, but I'll give this some goes...:P
Wow wouldn't THAT be the find of the year if indeed we find out there's an Easter egg breedable secret ultra rare or so.
If I were TL and were in the gaming business (instead of making 1-to-1 business applications in which Easter eggs and stuff like that are a big no-no) I'd probably celebrate the birthday AND also implement some secret surprise like that.
I'm going to try some different formulas with it to see what happens; worst case scenario is I'll be going for my primary goal: breeding a unicorn!
First up will be a last shot at the magnetic mouse using the Fennec and some dark-water combo... I'm looking forward to it! :)

Oh BTW: call me a looney over this if you will, but even the mere mental thought for me that an Easter egg like that may have been made, makes it fun to go on such an egg hunt, even if the odds are that it will be futile. ;)

Cheers all,
Olafo

PS: I must admit there's at least one thing that points in the contrary direction: TL made no hint that there might be an Easter egg behind it. Though not uncommon, from TL I would have expected a hint or plain out announcement like "see if you can find the xxxx animal".... Still I'll try! :)

Hawksmoor
08-04-15, 07:39 AM
That's a very interesting theory Olafo, however I fear you give TL/S8 too much credit ;-)

The first birthday of FFS went by with little to no fanfare, which is too bad. I'm expecting today's update to be an animal "trio" event since we just finished a tournament and are in the middle of the Egyptian world event (which I love btw, kudos to S8 for showing some originality on this one!)

However, I would love to be proven wrong, and if the Fennec Shox is part of some grander scheme I hope you're the one to discover it!

Sandybellee
08-04-15, 08:18 AM
It really is an interesting theory. I guess we shall see what happens. :)

Off topic: Do you guys think we should be worried about the future of the game because there was no anniversary celebration? From what I understand they do birthday celebration events in their other games. Or maybe they are doing it later in the fall. This is my favorite game so I really hope to be able to play it for many years to come.

ogreve
08-04-15, 10:30 AM
Just for fun (and to be doing 4-element breeding) I'm going to use the Fennec Shox somewhat.
Earlier today I gave it a first try by pairing it with the Chromadile. Unfortunately the breeding calculator doesn't work on the iPhone so I can't check all outcomes easily but I got a 13 hour timer and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a conducktor.
I too really hope the game doesn't get dropped; I vividly recall that happening to Monster Life when I was at the top of the game. It really sucks when that happens...