PDA

View Full Version : Question about "energy on sale"

trailbean
07-21-15, 06:15 AM
The bundle currently on sale includes boar traps, sword tokens, and 150 energy. My question, and it is not limited to the current event and sale, is this ? when I buy large amounts of energy like this, does it just add to my energy total at the moment, or does it come as multiple energy crates which can be saved for later?

If the latter, the sale is definitely worth it. If the former, not so much. As long as my energy is above 40, it does not regenerate. Unless I can somehow use up 90+ energy in the matter of minutes, I end up losing energy in the long term. Note that I am an android user ? no glimmer golems.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-15, 06:21 AM
When energy comes in a bundle as a lightning bolt, it is immediately added to your total energy. If it was sold as energy crates, there'd be a pic of an energy crate.
I think it's unanimous, TL, WE PREFER ENERGY CRATES so we can use the energy as we NEED it, not 250 added to our current total.
(My bundle is 250, not 150)

katbtodd
07-21-15, 06:36 AM
When energy comes in a bundle as a lightning bolt, it is immediately added to your total energy. If it was sold as energy crates, there'd be a pic of an energy crate.
I think it's unanimous, TL, WE PREFER ENERGY CRATES so we can use the energy as we NEED it, not 250 added to our current total.
(My bundle is 250, not 150)
This is what I have too !

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-15, 06:40 AM
Right.
...and those aren't simple, lowly sword tokens either -- they're THUAKIE COINS! Lol

trailbean
07-21-15, 06:41 AM
You are right, it is 250. And no, I am not buying it.

If it were crates, I would.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-15, 06:42 AM
So why didn't TL make it five 50-energy crates instead? Bet you would get better sales, invisible marketing people! LOL

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-15, 06:44 AM
...or even better, TEN 25-energy crates!! ...now THAT, I'd prolly buy.
This? ...not so much, lol.

meme1098
07-21-15, 06:52 AM
I also have a 250 energy pack. Uh, crates make more sense so you can use them at your leisure, TL. I don't want 250 energy all at once.

Ten 25 energy crates would be perfect, NW.

queenofpolharcity
07-21-15, 09:48 AM
Has anybody experienced difficulties getting the Energy Bundle to load? I have tried twice, and the screen just kept loading and loading, then stopped without doing any thing else. It didn't charge me, I don't think, because I didn't have to add my password, but I hope I'm not somehow being charged and not receiving anything.

(Make that another vote for Energy Crates!!)

UnkelFester
07-21-15, 11:19 AM
I bought the Energy Pack earlier today without any problems (I'm on Android in the UK).

Yes, a bit annoyed all the energy went straight on my energy bar rather than being Energy Crates. It meant being stuck on max energy for ages, and not getting any regenerated energy every three minutes.

trailbean
07-21-15, 11:27 AM
I figured out how to make use of the 250 energy bundle.

Lately I?ve been constantly short of wood, and desperately short of sap. So I bought as many Sap Trees as fit in my kingdom ? after storing all Jewelers, Towers and couple other things, I managed to squeeze in 25 or 26 trees. Not sure exactly because scattered as they are, they are hard to count.

I will spend the rest of today and probably tomorrow watering Sap Trees. When they are all ripe, I will buy the bundle and spend it in a glorious orgy of chopping!

Now, I realize that a) chopping down 26 trees still uses only 156 energy, and b) my inventory will run over. So this requires some preparation.

1. Make sure I have 9 Superglue on hand, so that potion shops and tinker camp are ready to start on Builder's Paste.
2. Make sure I have 2 Wood Beams, ready to be made into Fancy Beams in workshops. Actually, make it at least 2 Wood Beams - I do not want any unused wood lying around.
3. Both kitchens free to make Syrup, and forges ready to make Troll Clubs.

The above will absorb 115 wood and 50 sap. So I will have to leave couple trees standing, and still have over 100 energy. So the complete plan is this:

I have 30 crop plots. Will plant them all with wheat. Thursday morning (or tomorrow morning, if I manage to ripen all Sap Trees today) everything in the kingdom will be ready to collect. I will harvest all the wheat (and hopefully **** some skunkupines), plant tomatoes, then collect from wells, ponds, pigs and cows. If a fangbeast or two show up, so much the better. Ten minutes later tomatoes will be ripe. With 0 energy I will buy the bundle. Then:

Chop down 24 Sap Trees and initiate all the crafting I listed - 144 energy
Harvest tomatoes - 30 energy
Use all 10 boar traps which came with the bundle - approximately 50 energy
Collect from buildings - about 25 energy
Cows, ponds and wells are ready to collect again, if I have spare energy
Start trading in the tokens

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-15, 12:46 PM
Lol, now THAT is some serious planning, for your stage of the game. You GO! Lol Congrats & hope it all works out like you've planned. :)

trailbean
07-21-15, 01:47 PM
Yea, I am at level 28. Has just freed Sabina, and Kaz's House is sitting as a pile of lumber.