PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales Event: Wild Winds (iOS)

Pages : [1] 2

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 10:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xB99nak.jpg

Amphora (black-yellow-red)
6hrs incubation
Cost to epic level 100k apples

http://i.imgur.com/ZuvtMw8.jpg

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21939&d=1437419566 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21939&d=1437419566)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21940&d=1437419615 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21940&d=1437419615)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21942&d=1437419644 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21942&d=1437419644)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21944&d=1437419685 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21944&d=1437419685)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21947&d=1437419817 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21947&d=1437419817)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21948&d=1437419883 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21948&d=1437419883)

freshfunin2008
07-20-15, 10:47 AM
Here we go again!!!!!!! I can't believe this is not available for our Droid friends. I guess Friday they will get their chance to spin the wheel for some of this stuff. Good luck everyone!

amerirish
07-20-15, 10:47 AM
Chapter 1: plant buff beets, harvest buff beets
Chapter 2: visit 2 neighbors
Chapter Prize: Amphora Dragon :D (black/yellow/red)
next chapter starts in 13 hours 13 minutes

ETA: The dragon is to 'help' you with the quest so I'm going to get it on the nest ASAP. No info available yet about it's timing.

gdmcrjunkie
07-20-15, 11:04 AM
Amphora is 6 hours.

Svalibu
07-20-15, 11:05 AM
Start saving up on food 😉

belarica
07-20-15, 11:07 AM
Start saving up on food ��

I could slap myself, I depleted my food stores yesterday getting a few dragons to level 10 :rolleyes:

hestiarulez
07-20-15, 11:08 AM
Got my Amphora.. I wish with the upcoming DS update, the farms got an upgrade instead of stables... My farms are definitely not producing enough to meet the demand.

amerirish
07-20-15, 11:08 AM
Amphora is 6 hours.

Thanks so much!!

I've put a stop to feeding back when they announced that we would soon be able to evolve dragons to level 15. So I've got about 511,000 apples ready to go! :D

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 11:11 AM
The 'grand prize' Zephyr Dragon is just meh... Super Rare blue/white. Amphora is much more useful because of its black element. Glad they did it like this so players who won't be able to finish won't feel so defeated since Amphora is easy to obtain.

Btw they definitely shortened the time available to activate. Last time it was until like a week after the event was released, now it's just 4 days.

Clark_Wayne
07-20-15, 11:22 AM
The 'grand prize' Zephyr Dragon is just meh... Super Rare blue/white. Amphora is much more useful because of its black element. Glad they did it like this so players who won't be able to finish won't feel so defeated since Amphora is easy to obtain.

Btw they definitely shortened the time available to activate. Last time it was until like a week after the event was released, now it's just 4 days.

Agreed : we had already 3 tales and the 1st tale final prize was already white-blue-yellow

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 11:34 AM
Agreed : we had already 3 tales and all the final prizes are white-blue (white-blue-yellow for the previous one, but still white-blue-..)

While it is nice receiving the better dragons at the start of the event as a consolation since it works out easy for everyone, the Zephyr and Creation dragons are kind of lackluster prizes in exchange for all that hard work. xD Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 11:35 AM
Ok all I have a couple questions as this is really only my second Tales and I almost didn't finish last time. So last time I sped up after the first chapter (learned the hard way not to do that again) I know that this thing is really all about timing and I'm throwing a bridal shower on Saturday so the timing couldn't be worse since I can't wait to start it until after the shower. Anyhoo my question is about the timing between the chapters. I know I will probably have to speed through the last couple because of the shower but is it 24hrs between chapters or does it start the new chapter at reset which for me is 3am? If it is 24hrs between chapters does the 24hrs start after you have completed all the acts in that chapter? Any help would be appreciated. I tend to agree about the grand prize and I have 2 other islands that are smaller and 1 for sure has no chance to complete this the other one is a maybe but I'm going to start just to get the Amphora. It did say win dragons as in plural so I wonder if maybe there will be another dragon thrown in the chapters somewhere or if it just meant the Amphora and Zephyr

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 11:40 AM
Chapter 1: plant buff beets, harvest buff beets
Chapter 2: visit 2 neighbors
Chapter Prize: Amphora Dragon :D (black/yellow/red)
next chapter starts in 13 hours 13 minutes

ETA: The dragon is to 'help' you with the quest so I'm going to get it on the nest ASAP. No info available yet about it's timing.

Thank you for posting the colors! I'm trying to prepare before I start so less stress than last time and was trying to take a guess as to its colors. I mean obviously it's black but I was hoping to maybe save money by getting a different habitat than the black or making room on one I already have so that was very helpful. Now I know I can save my coins for food by not having to buy a half mill habitat right now ��

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 12:01 PM
Ok all I have a couple questions as this is really only my second Tales and I almost didn't finish last time. So last time I sped up after the first chapter (learned the hard way not to do that again) I know that this thing is really all about timing and I'm throwing a bridal shower on Saturday so the timing couldn't be worse since I can't wait to start it until after the shower. Anyhoo my question is about the timing between the chapters. I know I will probably have to speed through the last couple because of the shower but is it 24hrs between chapters or does it start the new chapter at reset which for me is 3am? If it is 24hrs between chapters does the 24hrs start after you have completed all the acts in that chapter? Any help would be appreciated. I tend to agree about the grand prize and I have 2 other islands that are smaller and 1 for sure has no chance to complete this the other one is a maybe but I'm going to start just to get the Amphora. It did say win dragons as in plural so I wonder if maybe there will be another dragon thrown in the chapters somewhere or if it just meant the Amphora and Zephyr

Once you activate the event, a new chapter starts on reset no matter when you finish the acts in that chapter. Let's say you activated today Monday, then you would already be on Chapter 6 by Saturday after reset. If my observation from the past two events is correct, if you're still working on Chapter 6 by the time reset arrives, Chapter 7 should be available to you already on Sunday without waiting time since it has already opened up while you were on the previous chapter.

We'll get two dragons from this event, Amphora and Zephyr... and that's more than one so dragons should still be correct lol

zombukidolls
07-20-15, 12:07 PM
Sigh. It's always easy to get the dragon I super don't like.

amerirish
07-20-15, 12:13 PM
Thank you for posting the colors! I'm trying to prepare before I start so less stress than last time and was trying to take a guess as to its colors. I mean obviously it's black but I was hoping to maybe save money by getting a different habitat than the black or making room on one I already have so that was very helpful. Now I know I can save my coins for food by not having to buy a half mill habitat right now ��

You're quite welcome :D happy to help.

I do have one piece of advice that might help with your timing issue: start to prepare for the next chapter as soon as you are able to come online to see what they are. For example, hatch & evolve the Amphora as quickly as you can and you'll be ahead of the next step. You don't have to start a task when they tell you to, like planting certain crops, you just have to finish when you get there. Hope this is useful info. Have a great time at the shower :)

owa411
07-20-15, 12:17 PM
Ok, here are the 7 chapters:
Chapter 1 & 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Next post chapter 7

owa411
07-20-15, 12:18 PM
Chapter 7

Enjoy and good luck peeps ;)

ma1eficent
07-20-15, 12:19 PM
I paid gold to go to next chapter instead of waiting 12 hours. First quest from Second is feed Amphora, I skipped also this and got craft scrolls, as I am out of gold I am now waiting 6 hours for the scroll!

ma1eficent
07-20-15, 12:20 PM
Owa41 thank you!!!

owa411
07-20-15, 12:20 PM
Owa41 thank you!!!
You're welcome :)

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 12:26 PM

PepperWoo is right about the timing.

Your other option is to delay the start of the event. You have until the 24th to start or it will start automatically.

amerirish
07-20-15, 12:26 PM
Ditto; giant Thanks to you owa411 - that's awesome of you to post the steps!!! :D

owa411
07-20-15, 12:33 PM
Ditto; giant Thanks to you owa411 - that's awesome of you to post the steps!!! :D
You're welcome. Love to share knowledge ;)

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 12:39 PM
I am wondering if we will get a 6 day tournament tomorrow since we did the other two times we had a Dragon Tales event. This could make it more difficult to win battles if the opponents are difficult when you need to win 5 or 6 battles.

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 12:41 PM
SERIOUSLY!?! Another event for IOS only? How can you get away with this??? I'm livid! Yes, livid over a pixelated game about dragons!

The battle arena, world event, etc. took a long time to be introduced to Android so compared to those features, I don't think it even bothers them the slightest that Android users still don't have this event until now. :| Don't hold your breath!

By the way you guys, the cost to skip the chapters for this event is the same as the first one, which is redonkulous at 155gold total if you skip all chapters (compared to 81gold for the second event), so it is best to just wait it out entirely unless absolutely necessary or of course if you don't mind letting go of those $$$. :)

Splashy81
07-20-15, 12:48 PM
Chapter 7

Enjoy and good luck peeps ;)

Thanks! I find these very helpful!!

barbaraann72
07-20-15, 12:54 PM
So cool - best wishes on the event iOS Dragon Keepers!

Peggyg723
07-20-15, 01:11 PM
question -- the step that says breed a light dragon - does it have to be actual "Light" dragon or any dragon with light component? I dont want to spend money for light dragon if I don't have to.. still a newbie here every coin counts!

bexrexbex
07-20-15, 01:16 PM
I like that while this is not available to Android users, I still got a notification for it!

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 01:17 PM
Can I start crafting a spell scroll ahead of time, then collect it when the chapter asks for it?
And can I feed the amphora dragon before the chapter asks for it and still get credit for it when it asks for it?

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 01:19 PM
question -- the step that says breed a light dragon - does it have to be actual "Light" dragon or any dragon with light component? I dont want to spend money for light dragon if I don't have to.. still a newbie here every coin counts!

You need a Light dragon, not a dragon with white as a component. You only need to put it in the breeding den with another dragon, not wait for it to hatch. Which is not much help if you don't have a light dragon. You can buy one for 150,000 coins with a habitat for 120,000 coins (or 360,000 coins for the big version). If you don't have the coins you can skip the step for gold.

ndtrance
07-20-15, 01:19 PM
I like that while this is not available to Android users, I still got a notification for it!

Yeah this happened to me and it really irritated me. I was hoping the notification was a day early but alas it was a mistake. I hope this doesn't happen everyday.

Good luck IOS users!

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 01:20 PM
Can I start crafting a spell scroll ahead of time, then collect it when the chapter asks for it?

Absolutely! Just be sure to wait for the prompt before collecting it.

Paleon
07-20-15, 01:22 PM

Ugh, the same thing happened to me. What a tease. :/

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 01:25 PM
Can I feed the amphora dragon and evolve it to level 4 before the chapter asks for it and still get credit for it when it asks for it?

amerirish
07-20-15, 01:26 PM
And can I feed the amphora dragon before the chapter asks for it and still get credit for it when it asks for it?

Yup; you can also plant food early, but don't harvest it until the task comes up. You can also send your dragon out on the special quest early. I do this all the time. The only task you can't prep for in advance is battles; you have to win them when they tell you to.

pernmagic
07-20-15, 01:27 PM
Owa41 thank you!!!
Thanks from me too ..... :)

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 01:32 PM
Can I feed the amphora dragon and evolve it to level 4 before the chapter asks for it and still get credit for it when it asks for it?

Yes. Last time I had one "problem" with feeding my dragon early. It was the feed 20 food step. If you get that prompt just feed your dragon and it will be satisfied; it doesn't matter what level your dragon is. I usually level up as quickly as possible to avoid that step holding my up.

luna2cute
07-20-15, 01:35 PM
Ok, here are the 7 chapters:
Chapter 1 & 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Next post chapter 7

Thank you, Owa411!!

Can a mod put this on the front page for easy access? That would be super awesome!! :)

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 01:36 PM
Yes. Last time I had one "problem" with feeding my dragon early. It was the feed 20 food step. If you get that prompt just feed your dragon and it will be satisfied; it doesn't matter what level your dragon is. I usually level up as quickly as possible to avoid that step holding my up.

Thank you so much for the information. I can't thank you enough! I will evolve it up and just feed it in the food step, like you said to get the "feed 20 food" credit. I have a spell scroll crafting and I am set.

belbar22
07-20-15, 01:52 PM
Aargh just started crafting my mining dragon. Can't start for 36 hours!!!

kooky panda
07-20-15, 01:57 PM
Updated post 1 with chapters 1-7.

owa411
07-20-15, 02:06 PM
Thanks from me too ..... :)

You're welcome, dear ;)

owa411
07-20-15, 02:07 PM

Thnx Kooky :)

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 02:07 PM
Once you activate the event, a new chapter starts on reset no matter when you finish the acts in that chapter. Let's say you activated today Monday, then you would already be on Chapter 6 by Saturday after reset. If my observation from the past two events is correct, if you're still working on Chapter 6 by the time reset arrives, Chapter 7 should be available to you already on Sunday without waiting time since it has already opened up while you were on the previous chapter.

We'll get two dragons from this event, Amphora and Zephyr... and that's more than one so dragons should still be correct lol

Well yes you are right that is 2 dragons lol I guess I don't really look at the Amphora as a prize since it is what is used to complete the Tale lol but the acts were just posted and I'm extremely happy to see that one of the prizes I believe after act 4 is 12,000 food!! Food was an issue for so many last time so I think that will be extremely helpful. I'm also happy to see that we don't have to win matches in the battle arena in every act this time I believe it's only the last 3 acts. Thankfully I had read about this coming far in advance so I don't think I will have the food panic like last time lol I am much more prepared for this one. Thank you so much for clarifying when the next chapter begins! I'm sure I will need to speed up at least 1 chapter since I don't have the greatest of battling dragons but it's a lot better than having to do them all because I did the first lol. Good Luck everyone!!!

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 02:14 PM
You're quite welcome :D happy to help.

I do have one piece of advice that might help with your timing issue: start to prepare for the next chapter as soon as you are able to come online to see what they are. For example, hatch & evolve the Amphora as quickly as you can and you'll be ahead of the next step. You don't have to start a task when they tell you to, like planting certain crops, you just have to finish when you get there. Hope this is useful info. Have a great time at the shower :)

Thank you!! Since I have gone all the way through this once and people were talking about it coming I am much more prepared. My issue last time was food because I only had 1 Enchanted farm and the rest were small so I had to sit on there for a whole day doing the imprune berries and I believe I ended up having to buy food at the end because I just couldn't do it anymore lol but I have 5 Enchanted farms now and working on making the other 2 large and I also have 50k+ in food already so that added to the prize of 12,000 food at the end of act 4 I believe this will be nowhere near as stressful as the last one so I actually may be able to complete it and finish the shower stuff and take the day off for the shower

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 02:16 PM
PepperWoo is right about the timing.

Your other option is to delay the start of the event. You have until the 24th to start or it will start automatically.

I was thinking of delaying it but the shower is the 25th so I think I'm better off to start it now especially after I have seen all the acts. I appreciate your help!!!

zaccy678
07-20-15, 02:17 PM
Just wanted to check - so it's a good idea to start crafting the spell scroll 6 hours before the timer is ready? Is that the idea??

You don't have to wait until the next Act starts?

hon3ycomb
07-20-15, 02:25 PM
Why am I getting a notification about this on my Droid device when I can't even access it? Not complaining about why we don't have it, but it's a bit humiliating :/

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have the total food count yet to get the dragon to epic?

freshfunin2008
07-20-15, 02:32 PM
Why am I getting a notification about this on my Droid device when I can't even access it? Not complaining about why we don't have it, but it's a bit humiliating :/

Maybe you need to convert over to iOS for all the cool dragon stuff.

naga2keren
07-20-15, 02:34 PM
What is the waiting time for chapter 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6?

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 02:39 PM

100k food is needed.

PepperWoo
07-20-15, 02:41 PM
I was thinking of delaying it but the shower is the 25th so I think I'm better off to start it now especially after I have seen all the acts. I appreciate your help!!!

In my opinion, it's better if you start on the 24th. Even if you won't be able to play at all on the 25th, it is way easier to catch up on the lost time doing both chapters 2 and 3 on the 26th rather than if you start now, you'd have to face the hardest two of the set - chapters 6 and 7. But it's your call so good luck! :)

Just wanted to check - so it's a good idea to start crafting the spell scroll 6 hours before the timer is ready? Is that the idea??

You don't have to wait until the next Act starts?

Yes, that what I've done in the past two events. Just be careful not to collect the scroll from the Spell Shop before you reach the Act telling you to!

Total food required for Amphora from level 1 to 10 is 100k.

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 02:52 PM

Yes, it is 100k, I was reading it wrong. Thanks for the info.

freshfunin2008
07-20-15, 02:59 PM
You're welcome. Love to share knowledge ;)

Everyone! This is all you need to complete this event. Thanks to OWA411. Nuff said

ninasidstorm8
07-20-15, 03:02 PM
Aargh just started crafting my mining dragon. Can't start for 36 hours!!!

I have a similar problem as I had just started crafting a Flower Power Dragon a couple hours before this event started and then I started it without thinking that I may need the Spell Shop. I will fall behind at the end of Chapter 2 but I don't think I will have any problem catching up in Chapter 3 or Chapter 4 if I have a bad run in the arena.

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 03:49 PM

Happy to help. :-)

Just know that the first two acts can be completed very quickly. The first will only take 5 minutes, the second will take 5-10 minutes if you plan ahead and have a scroll crafting. IMO, it will take less of your attention if you start on the 24th.

theone2001
07-20-15, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have tips on breeding a Night Dragon? I just put the light dragon in the nest today. So should be okay for that one. But no Night dragon. :(

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have tips on breeding a Night Dragon? I just put the light dragon in the nest today. So should be okay for that one. But no Night dragon. :(

Breed Water and Magic (or other blue and purple dragons) together for Night.

ratsinthecity
07-20-15, 04:11 PM

I've got 4 nights with winter and magic over the past few days as I was trying for ice age dragon. I was going crazy with all the night dragons. But the previous post suggesting water and magic may be better as you have fewer other dragon possibilities with water and magic. The night will take 23 hours to breed and 23 hours to evolve, so you got two days just to get that night dragon ready to breed, start asap.

Kennedward
07-20-15, 04:41 PM
Just finished Chapter 1 and got my Amphora, not sure I can finish the whole event due to work

owa411
07-20-15, 05:15 PM
Just finished Chapter 1 and got my Amphora, not sure I can finish the whole event due to work
You'll finish this one, my friend. I know you will ;)

theone2001
07-20-15, 05:26 PM

I've got 4 nights with winter and magic over the past few days as I was trying for ice age dragon. I was going crazy with all the night dragons. But the previous post suggesting water and magic may be better as you have fewer other dragon possibilities with water and magic.

Thank You for the info MaribouMay and ratsinthecity

luna2cute
07-20-15, 05:29 PM

Thank you Kooky!!!!

Kennedward
07-20-15, 06:05 PM
You'll finish this one, my friend. I know you will ;)

Thanks! I'll be able to play again tomorrow morning, let's see if I can finish it, as I've never finished any of the previous tales event

zaccy678
07-20-15, 06:15 PM
Thanks to Pepperwoo who answered my last question!

Got another one now!

Does Amphora have to be Level 4 to go on the Quest?? Or can he/she go as a Level 1-3???

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 07:38 PM
Yes, it is 100k, I was reading it wrong. Thanks for the info.

That is what I figured from the last one but just wanted to be sure. Thanks a bunch

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 07:43 PM

Just know that the first two acts can be completed very quickly. The first will only take 5 minutes, the second will take 5-10 minutes if you plan ahead and have a scroll crafting. IMO, it will take less of your attention if you start on the 24th.

Yeah I'm now kind of thinking that too and then I remembered about the mining dragon that ends tomorrow that I haven't crafted yet but I already started my spell scroll thinking I was going to start it today and I have just enough of one of the gems to make 2 scrolls ugh. If only I really thought things through better but I am a little brain fried from this shower planning only had 3 weeks notice to get it all done because someone else said they were doing it then backed out  But thank you all for your help! Even the day or even 2 days before are going to be hectic and you are right I would be at the hardest parts then so it is better to wait but I have to sacrifice the mining dragon. Such as life. Good luck to all!!!

mystctattoo
07-20-15, 07:53 PM
Thank You for the info MaribouMay and ratsinthecity

I have found, now of course there is no guarantee, that when you are going for one of the base color dragons that can be bred such as Night you usually get it on the first try with just the 2 basic elements needed nothing fancy. My Metal on my 3rd island did take me 3 tries but none of the other ones on any of my 3 islands took more than 1 try so you should be just fine. Good luck!!

glenngenius
07-20-15, 08:30 PM
I'm so sad that this feature is still unavailable for Android users. :( I want that Amphora dragon, although I won't be able to get it since I am using Android. :(

sipland
07-20-15, 08:53 PM
I have a similar problem as I had just started crafting a Flower Power Dragon a couple hours before this event started and then I started it without thinking that I may need the Spell Shop. I will fall behind at the end of Chapter 2 but I don't think I will have any problem catching up in Chapter 3 or Chapter 4 if I have a bad run in the arena.

Does this mean we can take more than a day to finish a chapter if we fall behind? I always thought we had to be done before the reset for the next chapter.

Aly_10
07-20-15, 09:17 PM
hi guys. I am starting this event tomorrow. My question is in regards to the battle arena matches? it takes a total of 21 battles to complete this event starting with chapter 4. now can we battle all 21 before chapter 7 or do we have to wait and battle at each chapters?

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 09:24 PM
Does this mean we can take more than a day to finish a chapter if we fall behind? I always thought we had to be done before the reset for the next chapter.

I believe so, but I have never done it. Hopefully someone who has will post.

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 09:30 PM
Yeah I'm now kind of thinking that too and then I remembered about the mining dragon that ends tomorrow that I haven't crafted yet but I already started my spell scroll thinking I was going to start it today and I have just enough of one of the gems to make 2 scrolls ugh. If only I really thought things through better but I am a little brain fried from this shower planning only had 3 weeks notice to get it all done because someone else said they were doing it then backed out  But thank you all for your help! Even the day or even 2 days before are going to be hectic and you are right I would be at the hardest parts then so it is better to wait but I have to sacrifice the mining dragon. Such as life. Good luck to all!!!

I wouldn't sacrifice the mining dragon. Collect the scroll and craft your Malachite. The second scroll is crafted on day 7 so there is plenty of time to breed a rare green dragon to trade for the second scroll. You could even trade a dragon you already have that isn't a duplicate and rebreed it. You won't get another chance for Malachite. Though it may show up on a spin the wheel or value pack, but you can't count on that. Unless you have crafted most of the gem type dragons, the extra scroll will come in handy.

saghaven
07-20-15, 11:03 PM
I just finished crafting my Malachite but I've got a Diamond fail on one nest so have to wait until Amphora is done in the morning. That will free up my spell shop.

Anyone notice that in these events, the color combos of the first "free" dragon is always more unusual and cooler than the prize dragon at the end?

julia88s
07-20-15, 11:30 PM
I think that i will not be part of this event .. I can never finish them :(

naga2keren
07-21-15, 12:50 AM
The waiting time is 23 hours. Could anybody advice if i have to wait or skip it. I don't want to use gold if I don't have to.

pernmagic
07-21-15, 01:47 AM
hi guys. I am starting this event tomorrow. My question is in regards to the battle arena matches? it takes a total of 21 battles to complete this event starting with chapter 4. now can we battle all 21 before chapter 7 or do we have to wait and battle at each chapters?
I'm fairly sure the battles are the one thing you cannot prepare for in advance, you can feed and evolve your dragon and prepare crafting but do NOT complete that task till it asks for it but battles have to fought at the time the game wants ... Hope that makes sense

babiiba
07-21-15, 03:10 AM
Hi dears,
I just scanned through the thread but I couldn't find the following info: the colours of the Amphora dragon and the amount of food it eats until lvl 10. Could you please help me with these info? Thx a lot!!
(I have only 13k food, so I'm sure I won't start the challenge before the 24th..I also would like to have a habitat for the Amphora in advance. I have gems for one of the spell scrolls and the dragon topiary but I also need to get a small yellow gem for the other spell scroll. What would give me a small yellow, perhaps a Firestorm? Thx!) have a wonderful summer day and good luck to the challenge! :)

owa411
07-21-15, 04:40 AM
Hi dears,
I just scanned through the thread but I couldn't find the following info: the colours of the Amphora dragon and the amount of food it eats until lvl 10. Could you please help me with these info? Thx a lot!!
(I have only 13k food, so I'm sure I won't start the challenge before the 24th..I also would like to have a habitat for the Amphora in advance. I have gems for one of the spell scrolls and the dragon topiary but I also need to get a small yellow gem for the other spell scroll. What would give me a small yellow, perhaps a Firestorm? Thx!) have a wonderful summer day and good luck to the challenge! :)

6hrs incubation

added to post 1- KP

babiiba
07-21-15, 06:11 AM
6hrs incubation

Thx a lot, so I'll have place for him, it's no problem, but the food.. I have to plant like crazy to produce the 100k food. I'll try my best :)

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 08:01 AM
The waiting time is 23 hours. Could anybody advice if i have to wait or skip it. I don't want to use gold if I don't have to.

Don't skip, it isn't worth your gold unless you have time constraints or a day you need to do ahead of time because you'll be too busy to play.

Kennedward
07-21-15, 08:06 AM
Don't skip, it isn't worth your gold unless you have time constraints or a day you need to do ahead of time because you'll be too busy to play.

Agreed, I'm busy with work so I doubt I'll finish this

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 08:07 AM

You need to do each step as you are prompted to do so. You can do things ahead of time (questing, crafting scrolls) as long as you collect or complete it when prompted.

You can't battle ahead of time. Or rather, you can, but it won't count.

You can level up your dragon early too. Just be sure to have some food to feed it when prompted to "feed your dragon 20 food".

merlin3108
07-21-15, 08:23 AM
I started this event right after it came out. So now I'm waiting for reset for chapter 3 to start. Since I won't have any time to play on the weekend I'm thinking about skipping ahead after chapter 3 tomorrow and do chapter 4 as well. If I'll do that will I then have to wait for 48 hours or until reset on day 5 for chapter 5 to start or will I be able to go on with chapter 5 after the next reset (which would be in the morning of day 4)?

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 08:26 AM
I started this event right after it came out. So now I'm waiting for reset for chapter 3 to start. Since I won't have any time to play on the weekend I'm thinking about skipping ahead after chapter 3 tomorrow and do chapter 4 as well. If I'll do that will I then have to wait for 48 hours or until reset on day 5 for chapter 5 to start or will I be able to go on with chapter 5 after the next reset (which would be in the morning of day 4)?

Unfortunately you'll have to wait 48 hrs to start chapter 5 if you start chapter 4 now. The reset time for each chapter is the same for everyone no matter if you skipped or not

freshfunin2008
07-21-15, 08:27 AM
Thanks to Pepperwoo who answered my last question!

Got another one now!

Does Amphora have to be Level 4 to go on the Quest?? Or can he/she go as a Level 1-3???

Dragons can quest at level 1. I would quest during the day hours and evolve it over night. That should not interfere with the tasks for the 7 events too much.

freshfunin2008
07-21-15, 08:29 AM
I'm so sad that this feature is still unavailable for Android users. :( I want that Amphora dragon, although I won't be able to get it since I am using Android. :(

Perhaps it will be on the next spin to win wheel for Droid only like the last tale was. It's not too late you can convert over to iOS

merlin3108
07-21-15, 08:35 AM
Unfortunately you'll have to wait 48 hrs to start chapter 5 if you start chapter 4 now. The reset time for each chapter is the same for everyone no matter if you skipped or not

Thank you for your quick answer ... that's what I was afraid of ... so it's not worth skipping early in the game when I don't have time to play at the end... I hope to at least get the food and the mystic map prices... I'm not so crazy about another white-blue dragon anyhow so it's no biggie if I don't get it ;-)

Aly_10
07-21-15, 08:43 AM
thanxs for the great info marabouMay... hopefully the battles wont be as difficult as some of the tourneys, but i'm sure there will be some that will be giving me fitzs....hahhaha , good luck to everybody and have a great summer you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 08:49 AM
thanxs for the great info marabouMay... hopefully the battles wont be as difficult as some of the tourneys, but i'm sure there will be some that will be giving me fitzs....hahhaha

You are welcome! Good luck to you!

Do you know about the battle calculator? Google "dragon story battle calculator". Look for the one in which you select your opponent and it gives a list of dragons with the best odds of winning against that opponent. I would post a link but linking to outside sites isn't allowed.

Aly_10
07-21-15, 08:50 AM
I'm fairly sure the battles are the one thing you cannot prepare for in advance, you can feed and evolve your dragon and prepare crafting but do NOT complete that task till it asks for it but battles have to fought at the time the game wants ... Hope that makes sense
thanxs pern magic for the great info.... hopefully the battles wont be as difficult as some of the tourneys, but i'm sure there will be some that will be giving me fitzs....hahhaha , good luck to everybody and have a great summer you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

B6x9js
07-21-15, 08:51 AM
I traded my extra Firefly to get a topaz for the spell scroll and got a large topaz ugh! So I used gems to skip that part. For future quest which dragons will give small topaz when traded?

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 08:58 AM
I traded my extra Firefly to get a topaz for the spell scroll and got a large topaz ugh! So I used gems to skip that part. For future quest which dragons will give small topaz when traded?

Generally, Rare dragons give 2 small gems, Super Rare give 2 large gems. Commons will give one small gem of one of the colors in the traded dragon. It gets more complicated with 3 color and UR dragons and, some dragons can't be traded at all. You can find this info on an out site which I am not allowed to link to.

belarica
07-21-15, 09:32 AM
Glad I have some coral and genie dragons waiting for the grinder, I don't have any small blue or yellow gems laying around lol

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 09:40 AM
Thank you for your quick answer ... that's what I was afraid of ... so it's not worth skipping early in the game when I don't have time to play at the end... I hope to at least get the food and the mystic map prices... I'm not so crazy about another white-blue dragon anyhow so it's no biggie if I don't get it ;-)

You are welcome:) I would only use gold at the very end if I have to, but I agree, I'm not even sure I like the final prize that much. Good luck to you, hope you get the dragon. If not, at least it's not a big loss^ ^

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 09:53 AM
I am not sure if this is a mining question or a Wild Winds question, because it has to do with both, so I posted this question in both threads. But, maybe someone will be so gracious enough to answer. I have always encountered such helpful and knowledgeable souls on this forum. Does anyone know how long before the current mining dragon ends and the mine opens up for the next? I know it wasn't immediate, last time there was a little bit of time between one mining dragon event ending and the next beginning. I am asking for a specific reason. I have 25 bombs in storage and I have a crusader ready to come out of evolving so I can put my amphora dragon in to evolve to ready it for the next wild wind chapter. BUT, I don't want to take crusader out yet and lose his bombs worth so I need to use up the ones I have in storage when the next mining event starts. I am trying to time my next chapter starting with my amphora dragon evolving and the amphora adventure quest. I thought last time it was about an hour, thank you in advance for your time in answering my question.

freshfunin2008
07-21-15, 09:56 AM
Usually the mine closes at 10am or 10:30 pacific time which is soon and then the mine is open after 4 hours. You should be able to mine for new dragon while you hold the crusader in the temple. Once you have used 11 bombs take her out.

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 09:57 AM
I have a question regarding the Wild Winds Event timing of the chapters. Does everyone start the next chapter at the same time? Meaning if I finish my chapter 2 earlier than the rest, I have longer to wait because chapter 3 will start at a preset time? Or does my chapter 3 start a certain amount of time after I individually finish my chapter 2. I hope this question makes sense.

freshfunin2008
07-21-15, 09:58 AM
Not certain about this but I think the new day starts at midnight for everyone. I think it is midnight for your time zone but not sure about that.

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 10:02 AM
Usually the mine closes at 10am or 10:30 pacific time which is soon and then the mine is open after 4 hours. You should be able to mine for new dragon while you hold the crusader in the temple. Once you have used 11 bombs take her out.

Yep, that's what I will do, I will mine for the new dragon when the mine opens, then after using 11, I will take Crusy out and put Amphora in so she will be ready for her adventure quest before I go to bed. Then when I get up, my next chapter will be ready and I can retrieve Amphy from her adventure, along with my Topiary at the game prompt.

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 10:03 AM
I have a question regarding the Wild Winds Event timing of the chapters. Does everyone start the next chapter at the same time? Meaning if I finish my chapter 2 earlier than the rest, I have longer to wait because chapter 3 will start at a preset time? Or does my chapter 3 start a certain amount of time after I individually finish my chapter 2. I hope this question makes sense.

Yes, the chapter starts at the same time for everyone. Midnight pacific time (I believe?), the same time as when the game reset

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 10:04 AM
So, if I have Amphy evolved, topiary crafted and just waiting for game prompt to collect, I don't have to get up at midnight or 2am, or whenever my reset time is to start the chapter to get a quicker finish time.

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 10:13 AM
So, if I have Amphy evolved, topiary crafted and just waiting for game prompt to collect, I don't have to get up at midnight or 2am, or whenever my reset time is to start the chapter to get a quicker finish time.

Nope, you'll just wait longer that way, especially in the beginning where the chapters only take a couple minutes to finish.

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 10:15 AM
I do suggest starting the later chapters as early in the day as possible, because the battle arena is a pain, you are gonna need all the time you can get

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 10:16 AM
Nope, you'll just wait longer that way, especially in the beginning where the chapters only take a couple minutes to finish.

Well, I wish I asked this earlier, because I set my alarm for 2am so I could start the next chapter last night, now I feel really stupid. But, thanks for that valuable info.

Yep, thanks for the battle arena advise, I will start first thing at 6am (NOT 2am) from here on out.

mimiamelia
07-21-15, 10:27 AM
Well, I wish I asked this earlier, because I set my alarm for 2am so I could start the next chapter last night, now I feel really stupid. But, thanks for that valuable info.

Yep, thanks for the battle arena advise, I will start first thing at 6am (NOT 2am) from here on out.

Lol, no problem, glad I can help. Also, I don't know if you know this, but if you ever are unable to complete a chapter within a day, as long as it's not the last chapter, don't panic and don't spend gold. Finish it the next day and the next chapter will unlock right away. You don't have to finish a chapter within 24 hours

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 10:36 AM

The chapters open at midnight PDT (California time where TL is based) for everyone.

Kennedward
07-21-15, 10:37 AM
Will probably finish Chapter 2 tonight, won't be able to start Chapter 3 until tomorrow though

ma1eficent
07-21-15, 12:20 PM
I spent gold to skip the time between chapter 1 and chapter 2 as I see the gold is increasing to skip more of the time for each new chapter and I wish to win some time to finally win some event :D for last two months I didnt get anything from the battle arena, nothing from mining, not the last from the sun event (had 2170 sunbeams and needed 2200) nothing from limited time breedings :D no dragon from spin to win.... hahah But this one seems easy :) anyway I am insuring myself with some gold for the time, until I can buy it, as I have little gold and won't be able to buy time in last chapters :)

PrincessCouture2014
07-21-15, 12:51 PM
Ding dong Android players will get ping pong

winglvr
07-21-15, 01:01 PM
I sent mine when it was a level 2 and it worked.
(Regarding question on what level amphora needs to be to go on quest. It does not have to be evolved to level 4 to work)

amerirish
07-21-15, 01:11 PM
Besides the chapter prize, do you get anything from the special adventure?

gracelinda
07-21-15, 01:48 PM
Can't read it

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 01:53 PM
Besides the chapter prize, do you get anything from the special adventure?

Last time I got gold, food, or coins each trip. I did the quest as often as I could and earned at least 10 gold during the event.

Splashy81
07-21-15, 02:11 PM
L/6 Amphora x epic Mask. I bred this combo last night before bed thinking there's plenty of time for any "regular" fail (I'd already completed chapter 2) & maybe I'll get something interesting. I also thought, wouldn't it be funny if I FINALLY got a Diamond in the middle of this event because I'd have to gem it off the den to complete the remaining chapters. Haha, too funny, TL.

It worked! I finally GOT A DIAMOND! I'm at level 130 and this is my first! Sheesh, that took forever!

Now I just have to decide how many gems that not-very-attractive Zephyr dragon is worth to me. I ended up spending about 40 gems (mostly for battles) to win the Dark Crystal and I still resent this as I got the Rainbow Sentinel without spending any gems. I love both those dragons; Rainbow Sentinel is STILL my one and only champ! I don't much care for the Zephyr, tbh. I'll prolly gem the Diamond off and go for him though... it's like leaving a movie in the middle. I can't do that, I have to see the end!

Splashy81
07-21-15, 02:14 PM
Last time I got gold, food, or coins each trip. I did the quest as often as I could and earned at least 10 gold during the event.

Thanks for this info! I never did more quests than was required. I'll try sending them to recoup some of the gold I'll have to spend. :)

Kennedward
07-21-15, 02:40 PM
Finally finished Chapter 2 :D

MaribouMay
07-21-15, 02:55 PM
L/6 Amphora x epic Mask. I bred this combo last night before bed thinking there's plenty of time for any "regular" fail (I'd already completed chapter 2) & maybe I'll get something interesting. I also thought, wouldn't it be funny if I FINALLY got a Diamond in the middle of this event because I'd have to gem it off the den to complete the remaining chapters. Haha, too funny, TL.

It worked! I finally GOT A DIAMOND! I'm at level 130 and this is my first! Sheesh, that took forever!

Now I just have to decide how many gems that not-very-attractive Zephyr dragon is worth to me. I ended up spending about 40 gems (mostly for battles) to win the Dark Crystal and I still resent this as I got the Rainbow Sentinel without spending any gems. I love both those dragons; Rainbow Sentinel is STILL my one and only champ! I don't much care for the Zephyr, tbh. I'll prolly gem the Diamond off and go for him though... it's like leaving a movie in the middle. I can't do that, I have to see the end!

Congratulations! What a wonderful problem to have!

freshfunin2008
07-21-15, 03:17 PM
Did I see earlier that Android players got an update today????

L60Dragons
07-21-15, 03:39 PM
Planning is really needed on this one. I had to breed, evolve & trade for future chapters. Thanks for posting the chapters!

laurelsail
07-21-15, 04:38 PM

I used Coral and Mistmoth to get my Night Dragon

laurelsail
07-21-15, 04:40 PM
What is quick combo to breed with my light dragon so I am not stuck waiting for breeding den for the Night breed? Thanks!

florawynn
07-21-15, 05:03 PM
What is quick combo to breed with my light dragon so I am not stuck waiting for breeding den for the Night breed? Thanks!

You have 24 hrs between the Light & Night breeding, so even if you get Sunrise (trying for Honeysuckle, say), you're fine. Just don't put 4 colors on the den to avoid a Diamond fail.

Kennedward
07-21-15, 06:38 PM
Seeing how slow I'm progressing, I doubt I can finish it on time....

redstar177
07-21-15, 06:47 PM
Did I see earlier that Android players got an update today????

No, no update for Android :(

ratsinthecity
07-21-15, 06:48 PM
You have 24 hrs between the Light & Night breeding, so even if you get Sunrise (trying for Honeysuckle, say), you're fine. Just don't put 4 colors on the den to avoid a Diamond fail.

I was thinking of light and cotton candy, which gives only 5 possibilities, all manageable times between 5 hours and 18 hours, and I can use any one of those dragons if I get one of the rare ones.

sophiensissi
07-21-15, 07:16 PM
I do suggest starting the later chapters as early in the day as possible, because the battle arena is a pain, you are gonna need all the time you can get

Plus, the arena will be a tournament this weekend too. At least it was last time which made it hard to win some battles. Good luck everyone!

zaccy678
07-21-15, 08:28 PM

Don't use anything with Red in it, you don't want 33 hour Virtue!!
Also Black might get you 31 hour Moon!

If you go with Magic, the longest wait is 17 hours.

I think I might go with Stone.
The common (Fuzzy) is only 8 hours, and I don't have either of the other 2 dragons (Lorekeeper and Pegasus).

pernmagic
07-22-15, 01:01 AM
Between chapter 5 and 6 is only 24 hours so I'm looking to find the shortest set of breeding times to put with light in chapter 5 so I don't block the breeding den for next stage with night ..... Careful planing needed at least I have both light and night to start with ......... And my amphora is now epic

bakerystoe
07-22-15, 01:23 AM
Seriously ? Even in this Dragon Tales have a gold trap!? Miss 25 golds by that " Craft a spell scroll" :(((( :mad: This is such a troll dragon

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 01:30 AM
I want to ask something.
1. For the quest breed with light dragon, is the quest complete when the breeding is done and the egg put in the nest or when you just put them in the breeding den?
2. If I start the breeding a few hours before the chapter and quest and available and the light and the other dragon are already in the den and then it becomes available, when it finishes will this count as a complete quest? Or it should start after the chapter and quest are available?

pernmagic
07-22-15, 01:59 AM
I want to ask something.
1. For the quest breed with light dragon, is the quest complete when the breeding is done and the egg put in the nest or when you just put them in the breeding den?
2. If I start the breeding a few hours before the chapter and quest and available and the light and the other dragon are already in the den and then it becomes available, when it finishes will this count as a complete quest? Or it should start after the chapter and quest are available?
I think it's when you put the light dragon on the nest ..... If I remember previous ones correctly

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 02:02 AM
Thanks pernmagic :) let's see if anyone else remembers also to confirm this

deadpixel
07-22-15, 03:24 AM
I want to ask something.

You complete the quest the moment you put the Light Dragon into the Breeding Den with another dragon, so DON'T do any advance breeding before starting the quest.

You can however evolve your dragon all the way; best do this during the battles. They'll just mark the quest complete once you get to it.

LavaMagic
07-22-15, 04:28 AM
My chapter 3 act 3 is craft a spell scroll not a dragon topiary.

ratsinthecity
07-22-15, 05:15 AM

Oh, no, I have a topiary crafting. I'm not to that act yet, I'm still adventuring. Can anyone else confirm this spell scroll/topiary information??

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 06:03 AM
You complete the quest the moment you put the Light Dragon into the Breeding Den with another dragon, so DON'T do any advance breeding before starting the quest.

You can however evolve your dragon all the way; best do this during the battles. They'll just mark the quest complete once you get to it.

Thank you!

owa411
07-22-15, 06:11 AM
I want to ask something.

I think it's when you put the light dragon on the nest ..... If I remember previous ones correctly

I'm not a 100% sure bout this but when reading the task, it says breed light with any other dragon. So in my modest opinion, I'd say when you put your light in the breeding den. Don't remember how it was in previous tales. But I could be WRONG about this.

owa411
07-22-15, 06:14 AM
Oh, no, I have a topiary crafting. I'm not to that act yet, I'm still adventuring. Can anyone else confirm this spell scroll/topiary information??
Just finished my quest. And it's a dragon topiary for me (my daughter also has topiary)

PepperWoo
07-22-15, 06:23 AM

Hmm may I know what is your level? Cause I remember in the first dragon tales, people had different acts per chapter regardless of their levels but the in second dragon tales, I think everyone had the same set except those whose levels are too low to battle in the arena. They were given different tasks instead like crafting more spell scrolls, etc.

owa411
07-22-15, 06:31 AM
Hmm may I know what is your level? Cause I remember in the first dragon tales, people had different acts per chapter regardless of their levels but the in second dragon tales, I think everyone had the same set except those whose levels are too low to battle in the arena. They were given different tasks instead like crafting more spell scrolls, etc.
Was thinking in that direction too. Maybe if you're at a lower level, you might get some different tasks...

Kennedward
07-22-15, 06:49 AM
Busy work schedule today, probably won't be able to play much, as I've guessed I probably won't finish this

vicious1138
07-22-15, 07:11 AM
I am on level 4 and mine was different. It had me raise the dragons level. Do the quest. And the last part was to craft a topiary. No battles.

belarica
07-22-15, 07:14 AM

Just finished chapter 3, I had to craft a topiary

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 07:20 AM
I'm not a 100% sure bout this but when reading the task, it says breed light with any other dragon. So in my modest opinion, I'd say when you put your light in the breeding den. Don't remember how it was in previous tales. But I could be WRONG about this.

Thanks

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 07:21 AM
Just finished chapter 3, I had to craft a topiary

This is also how my chapter 3 ended.

pernmagic
07-22-15, 07:23 AM
Just completed Chapter 3 , raise dragon to L4 ,( I've raised her to epic ) quest and craft topiary did it early due time constraints tomorrow .

I'm Level 139 in the game , so guess game level makes a difference to what lies in store, we will see..... :)

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know how much apples does the amphora dragon need in level 9. I'm in the middle ot level 8 and I'm out of food and it needs 5600 food per feeding. I also don't have those special last level farms and am wondering how to proceed. To me raising this dragon to level 10 seems the biggest challenge and a bit impossible in the given timeframe....

EDIT: I now checked online
Level 8 - 28,000
Level 9 - 50,000

The question is still - How do you plan to feed it in this timeframe if you don't already have the food?

Kennedward
07-22-15, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know how much apples does the amphora dragon need in level 9. I'm in the middle ot level 8 and I'm out of food and it needs 5600 food per feeding. I also don't have those special last level farms and am wondering how to proceed. To me raising this dragon to level 10 seems the biggest challenge and a bit impossible in the given timeframe....

EDIT: I now checked online
Level 8 - 28,000
Level 9 - 50,000

The question is still - How do you plan to feed it in this timeframe if you don't already have the food?

The answer is simply you can't. Don't worry, you're not the only one. I won't be playing for most of today so I probably won't finish it either.

Plus food is another concern for me, I rather save up for Lv15 dragons coming up later this month rather than wasting so much on this Amphora dragon.

LavaMagic
07-22-15, 07:44 AM
I am level 27. I crafted a dragon topiary ahead of time. I guess I should have waited. I didn't collect it yet. What level do you need to be to battle?

Kennedward
07-22-15, 07:53 AM
I am level 27. I crafted a dragon topiary ahead of time. I guess I should have waited. I didn't collect it yet. What level do you need to be to battle?

Lv31 or so, if I remember correctly

GoPackorGoHome
07-22-15, 07:54 AM

You have to wait until the next day to start the new chapter. Mine usually switches over after 2am Central USA. On another note my crafting dragon started this morning when it normally starts at 10am. So much for my update. I would love to be able to expand!

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 07:56 AM
The answer is simply you can't. Don't worry, you're not the only one. I won't be playing for most of today so I probably won't finish it either.

Plus food is another concern for me, I rather save up for Lv15 dragons coming up later this month rather than wasting so much on this Amphora dragon.

I was hoping I'd finish at least this event... seems not. I started making calculations for food and everything and it is really impossible...
And on the high level dragons... well, I guess they will be hungry as hell :D and as I don't already have any food in store I'm not really excited about them :) I just wonder if they will change form once more when they reach the new max level.
And as for this event I will try anyway to see until where I'd manage to do it.

mimiamelia
07-22-15, 08:36 AM
I was hoping I'd finish at least this event... seems not. I started making calculations for food and everything and it is really impossible...
And on the high level dragons... well, I guess they will be hungry as hell :D and as I don't already have any food in store I'm not really excited about them :) I just wonder if they will change form once more when they reach the new max level.

I'm sorry about that. I also experienced a shortage of food during the first dragon tale event, but luckily I had all my farms upgraded so I was able to plant rushrooms and get enough food in time. Ever since then I started stockpiling food, I always make sure to have at least 100k of apples.

If you have enough coins, it's not too late to upgrade your farms and try to plant as many rushrooms & upgrapes as possible. But they do cost A LOT.

Nevertheless, I still think it is a good idea to save some food at all times. It's probably going to be a while before the next event, so you'll have more than enough time to prepare, and hopefully you'll be able to finish the next event. And hey, at least you got the first dragon, which in my opinion is much better than the final prize.

Good luck!!

Varinamom
07-22-15, 08:55 AM
According to the breeding calculator the only possibility for light and Olympus is Olympus and it's a 7 hour dragon.

For those still needing food don't forget your mine and quests. They can sometimes help.

belarica
07-22-15, 09:07 AM
I used up all my food the day before the event. I've been planting upgrapes until I have no more cash, then fire apples for a few hours while I collect coins. Currently at 87k apples, I think I will make it ��

freshfunin2008
07-22-15, 09:18 AM
events like this are created by TL to encourage us to spend gold. Is is just part of their business model. What I don't get is the lame prize at the end. I have not figured that one out yet.

deadpixel
07-22-15, 09:49 AM
The reward at the end of chapter 5 is 12,000 units of food. That's only a little more than a fifth of the 50,000 needed to raise the dragon from level 9 to level 10, but it may still be a help those in need of that little boost (you need a total of 100,000 units of food to raise this baby from level 1 to level 10.

Peggyg723
07-22-15, 10:30 AM
any ideas to help - I 'm stuck on Chapter 2 cause i don't have a yellow stone for the scroll... ugh... I traded an extra sunrise and got the white stone from it.. now have a fruitful on the nest to evolve and trade but this is going to take forever -- any suggestions on next breeding in case this fruitful goes bust? (without spending the gold obviously)

amerirish
07-22-15, 10:54 AM
any ideas to help - I 'm stuck on Chapter 2 cause i don't have a yellow stone for the scroll... ugh... I traded an extra sunrise and got the white stone from it.. now have a fruitful on the nest to evolve and trade but this is going to take forever -- any suggestions on next breeding in case this fruitful goes bust? (without spending the gold obviously)

Maybe try purchasing an Air Dragon. That's pure yellow and has a really short turn around for hatching/evolving.

ETA: Obviously it can be purchased for coins, not gold.

Peggyg723
07-22-15, 11:09 AM
thanks but can't trade the air for a gem.. already tried that

amerirish
07-22-15, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize that Air can't be traded. Darn, that sucks :(

PepperWoo
07-22-15, 11:36 AM

If you don't mind a 16-hour fail, try Olympus+Air to get Apollo. It's a common dragon but trades for one small topaz. The other two fails are Athena and Olympus. Athena is rare and trades for two small topaz. Just hope you don't end up with Olympus! Otherwise you might wanna try Yellow/Green + Yellow/Green (ex. Fairy + Fruitful) or Fairytale + Yellow/Green combo since the max fail time you can get is 10 hours and there are 5/6 rares that will guarantee you a small topaz.

Peggyg723
07-22-15, 11:38 AM
thanks - don't have Olympus but will stick with yellow/green combo... appreciate the input

Kennedward
07-22-15, 11:44 AM

I know how you feel, I was once a newer player like you, and didn't save up enough coins to get the food I need for my dragons. But I would suggest you to take your time and enjoy it, because the game feels very limited once you've fully expanded and filled every spot on the island, like I did a few months ago. I also have over 1 billion coins with nothing much to spend it on, but luckily it means I won't have to worry about not having enough to plant crops to get food. :D

mimiamelia
07-22-15, 11:44 AM
thanks - don't have Olympus but will stick with yellow/green combo... appreciate the input

You can also try purple/yellow, genie fail is 8 hr, but if you get trickster....then things get tricky. I think yellow/green is probably the best. Good luck!

Kennedward
07-22-15, 11:45 AM
events like this are created by TL to encourage us to spend gold. Is is just part of their business model. What I don't get is the lame prize at the end. I have not figured that one out yet.

Agreed. I also think the dragon prize is rather... unappealing... White hybrids is something many have lots of, it's nothing special really. I would prefer Pink or Black hybrids, but that's just me :cool:

Kennedward
07-22-15, 11:47 AM
Maybe try purchasing an Air Dragon. That's pure yellow and has a really short turn around for hatching/evolving.

ETA: Obviously it can be purchased for coins, not gold.

Since Peggyg723 needed a yellow gem, and air dragon cannot be traded, your suggestion would not work.

My suggest would be to breed air with anything and see if your luck gets you something that can be traded for yellow gem

1goducks
07-22-15, 11:51 AM
What happens if I don't finish a chapter in 1 day? There's 7 chapters and only 7 days???

mimiamelia
07-22-15, 11:56 AM
What happens if I don't finish a chapter in 1 day? There's 7 chapters and only 7 days???

You can finish it the next day. But yes, we only have 7 days for 7 chapters

Kennedward
07-22-15, 11:57 AM

If you don't finish it on time, then you don't get the prizes. Yea I know the time given is rather short, as a lot of the tasks required to do actually take quite some time, and not to mention also more time needed after finishing a chapter before you can start the next. If you don't speed it up with gold it's very unlikely you'll finish it, unless you can play full time, but many of us have work or school to deal with.

debhutchinson
07-22-15, 12:58 PM
If you don't finish it on time, then you don't get the prizes. Yea I know the time given is rather short, as a lot of the tasks required to do actually take quite some time, and not to mention also more time needed after finishing a chapter before you can start the next. If you don't speed it up with gold it's very unlikely you'll finish it, unless you can play full time, but many of us have work or school to deal with.

... and sleep!!! I'm not setting my alarm for 3 am or whatever time I need to in order to do the next task. I'm on Chapter 3, Act 3 of 3 (waiting for my Dragon Topiary to craft). I must say this Wild Winds Event is very awkward. Like I planted 5-hour Rushrooms and then found out I had to plant those Buffbeets. Also put Magic through the Quest Portal to search for food -- same thing, this event required the Quest Portal.

Finally the steps have been posted on page 1 of this thread. I printed it and now I check what's coming up before I tie up any of my buildings.

Does anyone know if there is something special about the Zephyr (White/Blue) dragon? Like does it level up beyond 10?

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 02:00 PM
And hey, at least you got the first dragon, which in my opinion is much better than the final prize.

Good luck!!

Thank you! I also think so!

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 02:07 PM
Can someone tell me... I don't get it... You have 7 chapters and 7 days with 24 hours wait between the chapters?!?! Just the wait between the chapters is 6 days?!?! What am I not understanding correctly here?!?!

mimiamelia
07-22-15, 02:20 PM
Can someone tell me... I don't get it... You have 7 chapters and 7 days with 24 hours wait between the chapters?!?! Just the wait between the chapters is 6 days?!?! What am I not understanding correctly here?!?!

One chapter is unlocked at midnight pacific time each day, so you'll wait 24 hour for the next chapter ONLY IF you finish the previous chapter right after it unlocks. For example, if I finish chapter 3 at 5 pm today, than I only have to wait 7 hours. If I finish it at 11pm, than I wait 1 hour. If I don't finish chapter 3 until tomorrow, chapter 4 will be unlocked for me right away.

I hope I'm making sense. The waiting time is different for everyone. The quicker you finish, the longer you wait, because the chapters unlock at the same time for everyone.

ma1eficent
07-22-15, 02:34 PM
One chapter is unlocked at midnight pacific time each day, so you'll wait 24 hour for the next chapter ONLY IF you finish the previous chapter right after it unlocks. For example, if I finish chapter 3 at 5 pm today, than I only have to wait 7 hours. If I finish it at 11pm, than I wait 1 hour. If I don't finish chapter 3 until tomorrow, chapter 4 will be unlocked for me right away.

I hope I'm making sense. The waiting time is different for everyone. The quicker you finish, the longer you wait, because the chapters unlock at the same time for everyone.

Thank you very much! I am just wondering how this is so, when for example yesterday I waited 8 hours for the topiary to finish but anyway I got 24 hours between the chapters... I'd try and follow to see how it would be with the next chapter... But this one I waited whole 24 hours. Might this be because I rushed between these chapters with gold? I think it started making sense now...

mimiamelia
07-22-15, 02:41 PM
Thank you very much! I am just wondering how this is so, when for example yesterday I waited 8 hours for the topiary to finish but anyway I got 24 hours between the chapters... I'd try and follow to see how it would be with the next chapter... But this one I waited whole 24 hours. Might this be because I rushed between these chapters with gold? I think it started making sense now...

Yes, only ONE chapter is unlocked per day, so if you spend gold to unlock an extra chapter, you'll have to wait an extra 24 hours for the next chapter to unlock by itself. If you unlock 2 extra chapters, than 48 hours and so on. This is why unlocking an chapter early is not worth the gold(unless you need the extra time in between chapters), because you'll just wait longer anyway.

maryamhjm
07-22-15, 04:13 PM
I collected food last event when prompted but it didn't count, also the same with the adventure . I had to do it again both times.

Kennedward
07-22-15, 04:59 PM
... and sleep!!! I'm not setting my alarm for 3 am or whatever time I need to in order to do the next task. I'm on Chapter 3, Act 3 of 3 (waiting for my Dragon Topiary to craft). I must say this Wild Winds Event is very awkward. Like I planted 5-hour Rushrooms and then found out I had to plant those Buffbeets. Also put Magic through the Quest Portal to search for food -- same thing, this event required the Quest Portal.

Finally the steps have been posted on page 1 of this thread. I printed it and now I check what's coming up before I tie up any of my buildings.

Does anyone know if there is something special about the Zephyr (White/Blue) dragon? Like does it level up beyond 10?

I know it is strange, I finally get to start Chapter 3 but probably won't finish until tomorrow. Seriously, I doubt I'll finish this one but will play when I can.

Kennedward
07-22-15, 05:02 PM
Yes, only ONE chapter is unlocked per day, so if you spend gold to unlock an extra chapter, you'll have to wait an extra 24 hours for the next chapter to unlock by itself. If you unlock 2 extra chapters, than 48 hours and so on. This is why unlocking an chapter early is not worth the gold(unless you need the extra time in between chapters), because you'll just wait longer anyway.

The waiting time is pretty annoying. If some players I know speeds it up with gold, which I know some do, they end up spending even more as they have to wait longer later on.

So I've become less motivated to finish this, knowing I probably don't have enough time, nor do I plan on spending gold on this, I rather save my gold for 4 dragons habitats.

florawynn
07-22-15, 05:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that Air can't be traded. Darn, that sucks :(

No dragons that you purchase for coins can be traded. Other untradeables: all Rainbow, Gemstone, Treasure, & Arctic dragons. Passion is also untradeable.

florawynn
07-22-15, 05:26 PM
I collected food last event when prompted but it didn't count, also the same with the adventure . I had to do it again both times.

That tends to happen if you're already logged on at the time the game resets (midnight Pacific time). Just force close the app & restart it. My epic Amphora was questing & I was playing before midnight, so at first I didn't get credit for getting it to level 4. After I closed & restarted, I was credited right away.

florawynn
07-22-15, 05:30 PM

The only way to ensure you get a small yellow gem is by trading a rare yellow dragon. If you've got any extras, now's the time to trade it. If not, trade Apollo (Olympus/yellow common). You'll get a small topaz & even if you only have one, you'll get it again easily.

florawynn
07-22-15, 05:33 PM
If you don't mind a 16-hour fail, try Olympus+Air to get Apollo. It's a common dragon but trades for one small topaz. The other two fails are Athena and Olympus. Athena is rare and trades for two small topaz. Just hope you don't end up with Olympus! Otherwise you might wanna try Yellow/Green + Yellow/Green (ex. Fairy + Fruitful) or Fairytale + Yellow/Green combo since the max fail time you can get is 10 hours and there are 5/6 rares that will guarantee you a small topaz.

Duh--sorry, didn't see your reply. :)

ninasidstorm8
07-22-15, 06:07 PM
I fell behind because I had just started crafting a Flower Power dragon when the event started. Now I have caught up and need to wait 6 hours to start chapter 4. It seems that S8 has set up the tasks to allow you time to clean things up the first few chapters before getting to the more difficult tasks to complete in a limited amount of time.

roguebee
07-22-15, 06:22 PM

I can sympathize. Last Dragon Tales I had just used up my last small Topaz to craft a Spell Scroll a couple of days before the event. I sacrificed a Fairy dragon to get the gem. Still haven't bred one since. You'd think I would learn. Didn't have any for this event either, but luckily I had a little warning this time (and the realization that the first couple of days, you don't really need much time and can catch up quickly). Put Air and Forest on the nest. So far I have a Cactus (rare), 2 Fruitfuls (Common), and another 10 hours egg on the nest. I have 1 Topaz from Cactus which I used earlier today, and hopefully one more out of the three which I'll need for the final day. A small Yellow is a given from a rare. It's a 50/50 chance from a common.

bakerystoe
07-22-15, 07:30 PM
The reward at the end of chapter 5 is 12,000 units of food. That's only a little more than a fifth of the 50,000 needed to raise the dragon from level 9 to level 10, but it may still be a help those in need of that little boost (you need a total of 100,000 units of food to raise this baby from level 1 to level 10.

I think before the Tales you all need to save up to 100000 Foods to feed the Amphora! I let it lvl 10 already! Hope you can do it as fast as possible

bakerystoe
07-22-15, 07:33 PM
I always Can't get the Tales dragons Ciz all the H*** Battle win! Change that plz it's too difficult to Weak battle players

Kennedward
07-22-15, 08:12 PM
I always Can't get the Tales dragons Ciz all the H*** Battle win! Change that plz it's too difficult to Weak battle players

I agree, regular battles are quite hard to win, especially since all opponents are above Lv10, but unlike just regular battling for parts, for tales we have a time limit to go by, which makes it more frustrating

zaccy678
07-22-15, 08:34 PM

Don't give up, we can do it!

I didn't have any food stored either, but I'm determined to get through it :)
The thing is to quit doing long-term fruits and go for the short-term ones.

The 3 minute ones are good - if you have 7 farms, that's 140 apples every 3 minutes.
Do that 10 times, and you'll have nearly as much as you'd get in one round of 5-hour fruit.
Plus I always keep some Rushrooms going whenever I can, they add up quickly at 300 apples per hour!

Kennedward
07-22-15, 08:59 PM
Don't give up, we can do it!

I didn't have any food stored either, but I'm determined to get through it :)
The thing is to quit doing long-term fruits and go for the short-term ones.

The 3 minute ones are good - if you have 7 farms, that's 140 apples every 3 minutes.
Do that 10 times, and you'll have nearly as much as you'd get in one round of 5-hour fruit.
Plus I always keep some Rushrooms going whenever I can, they add up quickly at 300 apples per hour!

Speaking of which, I find those 1 hour food pretty good too, it gives you 300 food every hour, that's 2100 food every hour with 7 farms.

But as I've said before, it's quite hard to play the game so often, with most of us being occupied during the day with school or work, and even when we're not there's still many things in real life that would prevent you from playing so much.

Anyways, just keep it up and you'll have food for the dragons, and also the upcoming Lv15 dragons that I'm saving up for :D

LavaMagic
07-22-15, 10:32 PM
I was told by someone that I have to buy a light dragon. Is that true, or can I breed one?

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 11:00 PM
I was told by someone that I have to buy a light dragon. Is that true, or can I breed one?

Unless you have two Diamonds or a Diamond and an Infinity to breed together, you do have to buy Light. You'll have to buy the habitat too. The habitat cost 120,000 for the smaller version and takes 8 hours to build.

LavaMagic
07-22-15, 11:33 PM
Unless you have two Diamonds or a Diamond and an Infinity to breed together, you do have to buy Light. You'll have to buy the habitat too. The habitat cost 120,000 for the smaller version and takes 8 hours to build.

Thank you so much for your help!

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 11:37 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

pernmagic
07-23-15, 01:03 AM
I agree, regular battles are quite hard to win, especially since all opponents are above Lv10, but unlike just regular battling for parts, for tales we have a time limit to go by, which makes it more frustrating
Quite agree, chapter 4 = four battles first opponent polar bear lost two of mine already but I'm not too bothered about finishing this one for this dragon as short on time ( amphora is now epic and could be useful) ..... So saving gold for treasure or upgraded habitats in the future so no speeding up for me this time :) good luck to others though......

stevenlee2905
07-23-15, 03:22 AM
This is in case someone met the same opponents as I did. Here are my opponents:

Chapter 4 (3 Battle Arena Matches):
Rd 1. Life 10 < Fireflower 7 mMb.
Rd 2. Unicorn 11 < Fire Epic Bb.
Rd 3. Birthstone 12 < Lotus 7 Bb.

Chapter 5 (4 Battle Arena Matches):
Rd 1. Mythic 12 < Sunrise 8 mB.
Rd 2. Humming 10 < Wild Epic Bb.
Rd 3. Quetzal 10 < Wild Epic bmM.
Rd 4. Cerberus 14 < Idol 1 Bmb.

Chapter 6 (5 Battle Arena Matches):
Rd 1. Ninja 10 < Wild Epic bB.
Rd 2. Chesire 14 < Lotus 7 M.
Rd 3. Ninja 13 < Light 8 mbM.
Rd 4. Trickster 12 < Snap 3 Bmb.
Rd 5. Messenger 14 < Atlantis 8 Bmb.

Chapter 7 (6 Battle Arena Matches):
Rd 1. Ruby 12 < Idol 1 bB.
Rd 2. Druid 10 < Fireflower 7 M.
Rd 3. Forbidden 13 < Air Epic Bmb.
Rd 4. Leo 12 < Fire Epic M.
Rd 5. Onyx 12 < Night 7 bmM.
Rd 6. Leo 13 < Sorceress Epic Bb.

Good luck to those still trying! :)
Congrats to all who had gotten the last prize. :)

theone2001
07-23-15, 05:24 AM
Did anyone else get Craft a Spell scroll in Chapter 3 Act 3 instead of Craft dragon topiary? I had the Spell Scroll in Chapter 2 Act 3 also.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 06:51 AM
Quite agree, chapter 4 = four battles first opponent polar bear lost two of mine already but I'm not too bothered about finishing this one for this dragon as short on time ( amphora is now epic and could be useful) ..... So saving gold for treasure or upgraded habitats in the future so no speeding up for me this time :) good luck to others though......

Same here, I'm saving gold for habitats as well :cool: Plus I'm also saving food for upcoming Lv15 dragons so this Amphora can wait :D

dtduygu
07-23-15, 09:36 AM
Hi,I just got a Gold fail breeding.I am on chapter 4 and next chapters first act is breeding a Light dragon with something!Does anybody know if it works starting the breeding on the arctic isle?

B6x9js
07-23-15, 09:46 AM
Note to self: have extra small topaz for crafting spell scrolls for the next event!!!

meoconlunar
07-23-15, 09:50 AM
Got 5 gold with Amphora quest :cool:

Kennedward
07-23-15, 10:33 AM
Just finished Chapter 3, with only 4 days to go, definitely won't finish this lol

cocauina
07-23-15, 11:04 AM
Hi,I just got a Gold fail breeding.I am on chapter 4 and next chapters first act is breeding a Light dragon with something!Does anybody know if it works starting the breeding on the arctic isle?

Nop, on main island only, if you travel to the Arctic Isle, the Dragon Tales building and popup doesn't appear in there.

dtduygu
07-23-15, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much!I think it'd be better to activate breeding roost with 100 golds instead of skipping the breeding acts with 40 golds,either speeding the current breeding😬

zaccy678
07-23-15, 11:30 AM
Does anyone happen to know if the Light dragon can already be breeding before Chapter 5, or do you have to wait for the Chapter to start and then breed??

dtduygu
07-23-15, 11:38 AM
I am pretty sure you need to wait for the chapter 5 ,then start breeding,otherwise it won't count!

freshfunin2008
07-23-15, 11:55 AM
anyone else having the issue where your battles are not counting as you win of course. It has happen twice now to me

Kennedward
07-23-15, 12:15 PM
anyone else having the issue where your battles are not counting as you win of course. It has happen twice now to me

Happened to me once before in a previous tales event, and it was also why i given up on that one cause it was so difficult to win against a Lv16 Dark Angel.

It seems glitches and bugs are still present in this game....

Kennedward
07-23-15, 12:16 PM
Oh, and seeing how I won't be able to start Chapter 4 until tomorrow, which requires me to win 3 battles in Act 1, this is basically telling me to give up now while it's still early LOL :D

freshfunin2008
07-23-15, 12:17 PM
Okay it was just a minor glitch. I got credit for both of them. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to contact support and be told that we will pass your suggestion along to fix a in game glitch like I have been told before to the developers. Usually that happens after the event is over as well. So I dodged a bullet on that one.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 12:26 PM
Okay it was just a minor glitch. I got credit for both of them. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to contact support and be told that we will pass your suggestion along to fix a in game glitch like I have been told before to the developers. Usually that happens after the event is over as well. So I dodged a bullet on that one.

Lucky you, in my case it didn't count at all, and I was stuck with a Lv16 Dark Angel in battle arena, so I just gave up.

I'm also giving up on this event as well, won't be able to finish it when I just finished Chapter 3 awhile ago.

I'm not getting up at 3am or so just to start Chapter 4, it just doesn't make sense.

belarica
07-23-15, 12:26 PM
Yeah at first I thought getting the food would be the most challenge but now I realize winning the matches are going to be trouble. Sigh

Kennedward
07-23-15, 12:31 PM
Yeah at first I thought getting the food would be the most challenge but now I realize winning the matches are going to be trouble. Sigh

Agreed. Battles are actually quite difficult to win with the small time frame given as well as the high level opponents in the arena.

freshfunin2008
07-23-15, 03:09 PM
Well I made it through today with the 3 battles but every acct had at least 1 level 14 to beat. Ugh 4 battles tomorrow and I am not looking forward to that. At least we get to start the battles first.

freshfunin2008
07-23-15, 03:10 PM
Actually I guess we can breed the light dragon and run the quest at the same time as battling. If you don't have your dragon to level 10 yet doing it now is a good time. I think I have mine at level 9 in all accounts. I may get it epic before bed time.

ratsinthecity
07-23-15, 03:33 PM
I got 5 gold with the amphora quest. Does anyone know if I can go on another quest while waiting for next chapter to open and see if I can get more gold. I am scared to go on the quest and somehow have it not let me go on the quest tomorrow. Maybe there is only a set number of times it will allow you to go on the quest and I don't want to mess it up. So, let me know if someone knows if I can go on another quest and has anyone gone on an extra quest while waiting, and if you did what did you get?

mimiamelia
07-23-15, 03:38 PM
I got 5 gold with the amphora quest. Does anyone know if I can go on another quest while waiting for next chapter to open and see if I can get more gold. I am scared to go on the quest and somehow have it not let me go on the quest tomorrow. Maybe there is only a set number of times it will allow you to go on the quest and I don't want to mess it up. So, let me know if someone knows if I can go on another quest and has anyone gone on an extra quest while waiting, and if you did what did you get?

Congrats:) You can go on as many quests as you want, there is no limit. I send my Amphora dragon to quest multiple times a day and never had any problem. You get coins(1000 or 2000 I think), apples(500), or gold(5)

MaribouMay
07-23-15, 04:10 PM

Yay! Great news! When something like that happens to me I always force close and reopen my game. Usually the fixes the problem. I regularly force close my game now just to refresh it and keep the glitches to a minimum.

roguebee
07-23-15, 04:12 PM
Congrats:) You can go on as many quests as you want, there is no limit. I send my Amphora dragon to quest multiple times a day and never had any problem. You get coins(1000 or 2000 I think), apples(500), or gold(5)

That was a happy surprise, 5 golds on an extra adventure.

MaribouMay
07-23-15, 04:12 PM
Did anyone else get Craft a Spell scroll in Chapter 3 Act 3 instead of Craft dragon topiary? I had the Spell Scroll in Chapter 2 Act 3 also.

Are you a newer player, especially one below level 31? I saw one lower level player report the exact same substitution. If you can't battle yet, the tasks are a bit different.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 04:21 PM
Well I made it through today with the 3 battles but every acct had at least 1 level 14 to beat. Ugh 4 battles tomorrow and I am not looking forward to that. At least we get to start the battles first.

Wow lucky you! I probably won't finish all the battles tomorrow due to work, but may at least try to see what happens.

Giving up before it's over is just not good, I'll try my best despite having the time limit against me

Drachenia
07-23-15, 04:21 PM
I do not believe it just to breeding Light / Diamond Prism and got 44 hours, not good path to the task. :( :(

Kennedward
07-23-15, 04:29 PM
Yay! Great news! When something like that happens to me I always force close and reopen my game. Usually the fixes the problem. I regularly force close my game now just to refresh it and keep the glitches to a minimum.

Oh I tried that but it didn't help in my case. However, I haven't experienced crashes or anything major on my device, so that's good news. I rather have minor things like not counting a battle for the Tales event than have the game crash on me, where more progress can be lost if it's a crash.

roguebee
07-23-15, 04:30 PM
For breeding tomorrow, Light and Olympus is the safest bet as the only outcome is the 7 hr Olympus. Next safest would be Light and Water as longest time is 17 hrs. Air has a 24 hr possibility (Sunrise), Fire has a chance of a 33 hr Virtue, while Forest could give a 26 hr Pegasus. Of course, with a Diamond, you have a very slim chance of an Angel at 44 hrs.

Night doesn't matter as you do not need the nest the next day.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 04:33 PM
For breeding tomorrow, Light and Olympus is the safest bet as the only outcome is the 7 hr Olympus. Next safest would be Light and Water as longest time is 17 hrs. Air has a 24 hr possibility (Sunrise), Fire has a chance of a 33 hr Virtue, while Forest could give a 26 hr Pegasus. Of course, with a Diamond, you have a very slim chance of an Angel at 44 hrs.

Nice, I'll keep that in mind when I reach Chapter 5, if I manage to reach there that is, won't be able to start Chapter 4 until tomorrow....

mimiamelia
07-23-15, 04:39 PM
That was a happy surprise, 5 golds on an extra adventure.

I know:) And it only takes 3 hours, so we can quest up to 8 times a day.

Drachenia
07-23-15, 04:46 PM

I tried using Light / Diamond Prism for Tie Dye and did not think that right now I get gold or Angel.
But it always comes, this Ultra Rare if you do just do not need can. Well I sacrifice 20 Gold to skip the task. :rolleyes:

DrP4ever
07-23-15, 06:01 PM
I don't understand the battles needed to win. I don't have any that can beat a level 14 super rare so I can't move on. Irritating!

chezkaye13
07-23-15, 06:46 PM
S8, why don't you just say "non cash paying customer, we don't want you" because, with these battles that is basically what you are implying. Extreme level dragons that we have to battle when we have no Champion dragons to battle with because it takes a bunch of real cash to win one, is giving us no chance to go forward unless we are spending money. The changes that have come about since after the first of the year in ALL of your games have not been positive for the customer. I have played many of your games in the last 2 1/2 years so I am very aware of the changes.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 07:08 PM
I don't understand the battles needed to win. I don't have any that can beat a level 14 super rare so I can't move on. Irritating!

Agreed. Currently a Lv15 Immortal is in my battle arena, it'll be very frustrating taking several tries just to beat one Lv15 Champion type dragon, not to mention I'll need to win 3 battles just to finish Act 1 of Chapter 4. I'll do what I can though, but of all the possible enemies, I seem to always get those Diamonds or Champions when it's a battle for the Tales event

Kennedward
07-23-15, 07:14 PM
S8, why don't you just say "non cash paying customer, we don't want you" because, with these battles that is basically what you are implying. Extreme level dragons that we have to battle when we have no Champion dragons to battle with because it takes a bunch of real cash to win one, is giving us no chance to go forward unless we are spending money. The changes that have come about since after the first of the year in ALL of your games have not been positive for the customer. I have played many of your games in the last 2 1/2 years so I am very aware of the changes.

I have many Champion type dragons but even then I can still lose in a regular battle. As I've posted before, in the previous tales event, my opponent was a Lv16 Dark Angel that I couldn't defeat even after many tries, so I gave up on that event. However, I'm doing well in the tournaments, so I guess it balances out the results.

Overall though, the odds in battles are always against us, how can we beat a super high level opponent with a strong type like Diamond or Champion in such a short period of time? Remember, finishing those battles only finishes 1 act, each chapter takes 3 or 4 acts to complete, so if most of our time is spent battling then there's really not enough time to finish the entire event.

ratsinthecity
07-23-15, 07:57 PM

OK, I sent Amphora out on another bonus quest while we are waiting for the next chapter to start and that girl came back with 5 more gold. Will this amphora quest be a new quest in the outpost or go away after this event? She has brought me 10 gold so far, not that its that much but its better than coins or food.

Kennedward
07-23-15, 07:59 PM
It seems a lot of people are getting 5 gold with the Amphora quest, time for me to do it as well :cool:

zaccy678
07-23-15, 08:02 PM
The thing is, at least the older players have Champs.
I only have one, but at least it's something!!

The last one available was the Gilded Knight tourney, and that was a while ago now...
And I missed out on him due to taking over 30 tries to get past one Champ!!
Any newer players, how are they meant to win anything??

Kennedward
07-23-15, 08:05 PM
The thing is, at least the older players have Champs.
I only have one, but at least it's something!!

The last one available was the Gilded Knight tourney, and that was a while ago now...
And I missed out on him due to taking over 30 tries to get past one Champ!!
Any newer players, how are they meant to win anything??

I agree it's tough for new players, it's just older players have champions to fight back so it's not as tough, but like I said for me some battles can take many tries as well, and despite even winning it at the end, the time given for the tales event is not enough for me to finish it.

MaribouMay
07-23-15, 08:28 PM
OK, I sent Amphora out on another bonus quest while we are waiting for the next chapter to start and that girl came back with 5 more gold. Will this amphora quest be a new quest in the outpost or go away after this event? She has brought me 10 gold so far, not that its that much but its better than coins or food.

Yeah, it is nice to get gold on a quest. Unfortunately, the quest will go away as soon as the event ends.

theone2001
07-23-15, 08:35 PM
Are you a newer player, especially one below level 31? I saw one lower level player report the exact same substitution. If you can't battle yet, the tasks are a bit different.

Yes I was level 29 when chapter 3 started. I am now level 30. Now I am stuck on level 3 because I don't have a green gem. I have the sapphire that was need for the topiary. I have already traded in 2 more dragons and no green gem. :(
Thanks for the info.

mimiamelia
07-23-15, 09:16 PM
Yes I was level 29 when chapter 3 started. I am now level 30. Now I am stuck on level 3 because I don't have a green gem. I have the sapphire that was need for the topiary. I have already traded in 2 more dragons and no green gem. :(
Thanks for the info.

The quickest way to get a green gem is probably by breeding fire/forest for a 3hr life dragon, though there is still a chance that you might get ruby. Good luck! Hope you can get your green gem soon:)

Gr1zz_LeBear
07-23-15, 09:47 PM

I just had it happen... I wonder if that means you cannot win if you end with an ultimate attack?

And before anyone asks, I did quit the game, and loaded it up again. Does it make any difference if I restart the iPad?

[I just battled again, this time, it counted. Started with Ultimate attack, and finished off the lvl 13 Atlas with a Magic attack from my lvl 10 Dynesty.]

rene2222
07-23-15, 09:56 PM
i am losing interest in these games. Fighting another opponent has not been easy during any tournament or event.

ma1eficent
07-23-15, 11:20 PM
I am stuck on Diamond Prism.... I have no Diamond to fight back... Any ideas for this one or it should be experimenting as it usually happens with diamonds when all my epics fail...

zaccy678
07-23-15, 11:52 PM
I am stuck on Diamond Prism.... I have no Diamond to fight back... Any ideas for this one or it should be experimenting as it usually happens with diamonds when all my epics fail...

It's a stretch, but do you have any Mythic, Fairytale, Gold or Champions?

ma1eficent
07-23-15, 11:55 PM
It's a stretch, but do you have any Mythic, Fairytale, Gold or Champions?

None of these... Guess I'd spend some gold to eliminate him. They just made installing some new game and getting gold available...

zaccy678
07-23-15, 11:58 PM
None of these... Guess I'd spend some gold to eliminate him. They just made installing some new game and getting gold available...

I always try my Pink dragons if I'm stuck, that's worth a shot if you haven't already...

EDIT: OR try any 3-colours, including Amphora??

ma1eficent
07-24-15, 12:14 AM
I always try my Pink dragons if I'm stuck, that's worth a shot if you haven't already...

EDIT: OR try any 3-colours, including Amphora??

Thanks! Would try these first, before going for ultimate :)

Amphora already lost and Bubble Gum and Gummy

Seranda
07-24-15, 12:17 AM
Of course. Breed with Light dragon. I do Light and Fire and get 33 hour Virtue. The one time I want a common... lol... Hopefully I don't have to speed this up... Doh!