PDA

View Full Version : 07/17/2015 Update

matiasabad94
07-17-15, 11:33 AM
Three creatures are back for a limited time: Palmeranian, Great Danebow & Mamaroo.

Habitat sale (100 gems): Lava Lagoon, Mystic Mire & Stormy Shore.

Toronado Value Pack.

EviBrooklyn
07-17-15, 11:36 AM
Too bad we have no space for the habitats that are on sale

RowanaFarrin
07-17-15, 12:07 PM
Nice! I was saving up for some of these habitats and can just about afford (and fit) two of them! Trouble is, which two? I like the look of Mystic Mire and Stormy Shore best, but that means doubling up on water habitats. Maybe Lava Lagoon and Stormy Shore would be better. Hmmm....choices

SummerNightSky
07-17-15, 12:17 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, I'm a little excited about the habitats being on sale.

I second RowanaFarrin though, it'll be tough choosing which two of the three to buy xD

Also, need to choose which of the limited animals to try breeding for. Mamaroo is awesome, but I have all the permanently available Earth/Fire animals. Only have one Electric/Nature animal (Thunderhawk) and no Electric/Water ones. I do prefer the Great Danebow over the Palmeranian.

Important to note: Habitat sale, Toronado value pack, and Great Danebow/Palmeranian/Mamaroo sales ends Tuesday.

ogreve
07-17-15, 01:46 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, I'm a little excited about the habitats being on sale.

I second RowanaFarrin though, it'll be tough choosing which two of the three to buy xD

Also, need to choose which of the limited animals to try breeding for. Mamaroo is awesome, but I have all the permanently available Earth/Fire animals. Only have one Electric/Nature animal (Thunderhawk) and no Electric/Water ones. I do prefer the Great Danebow over the Palmeranian.

Important to note: Habitat sale, Toronado value pack, and Great Danebow/Palmeranian/Mamaroo sales ends Tuesday.

Hi,

Funny, I'm exactly in this like you: in my case I already have a Turbulent Thicket and a Stormy Shore. I can currently buy a maximum of 3 of them without buying more gems. I think now is a good time to "stock up" on these. Already I know I will buy at least one Lava Lagoon. Chances are good that I'll add a Mystic Mire too. I'm not sure if I'll buy a 2nd Lava Lagoon or perhaps a 2nd Stormy shore. The former one may me harder "needed" in order to house all sorts of dark animals....

But.... as for breeding, I want to try for the Great Danebow and possibly also for the Palmeranian. Just like you of the latter I've only ever gotten Thunderhawks and of the former only ever Conduktors and Falconches. Both have long fails, but also plenty of good "collaterals".
The Mamaroo is cute, particularly as a baby (afterwards it gets very big and hops around a lot), but after several limited time earth-fire breeding disasters (amongst which for the Mamaroo when it was released), particularly the recent Musical trio lot, I'm still too traumatised to want to get frustrated by continuous Armordillo fails again. So, my strategy will be to skip the Mamaroo and try (perhaps interchangeably) for the other two.

But... first I wanted to breed a Planters for the Electric Elk. I just cleared the den, put in the Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15) and sure enough directly got a 9 hours timer. :)
I almost only ever get Plantlers out of this, so that was easy enough and sets me up well to try for the others. :P
GAME ON!!! :)

Cheers,
Olafo

azucita
07-17-15, 01:49 PM
while these are back, can we breed for them? or only purchase them? does anyone know please?

Animenia
07-18-15, 01:16 PM
I've just got Mamaroo :):):)

oo56
07-18-15, 01:51 PM
On my 1st try for the Mamaroo, I got the Armardillo - ughhh!!!:mad:

tennysonrobin
07-20-15, 02:28 AM
I have a question guy. What if i beed for a limited animal, say Mamaroo and i get a 16h in the den, which is the breeding time for Mamaroo. But what happens if the limited comeback ends before i can put her egg to hatch? Would i still have a mamaroo or nothing would show up in the nest?

sweetdeda
07-20-15, 04:28 PM
I have come to the conclusion my forest is not meant to have a Mamaroo, my luck is just as bad trying for it the second time. This time I even used gems to try to speed breed it. Pretty disappointed.

cat13793
07-20-15, 05:38 PM
Just got a Marmaroo after at least 5 failed attempts of all armardillos.

SummerNightSky
07-20-15, 09:28 PM
No Great Danebow for me, but I did get two new animals from the attempt: Conducktor (not a big surprise, got 3 or 4 of them actually) and Beever.

ogreve
07-21-15, 02:01 AM
EARLY WARNING:
To those who want to hold out until the latest moment before buying or speed breeding for one lost shot at any of these animals, keep in mind that the previous round of three limited animals was removed 1 HOUR BEFORE the regular Tuesday update comes in!
It shall be interesting to see if today that is the case too. The other time the early removal completely took me by surprise and it ended up costing me the Nightmare by a 15 minutes margin! The three currently limited animals are also really nice but are less important to me than the Nightmare was. I shall not buy them, but I do strongly consider speeding right before 1 hour before the regular update time.
Therefore, if you want to buy or speed, you're safest if you do so BEFORE 19:30 CET!

Caveat emptor!

Well then, as for these limited animals: since I got my Spruce Moose yesterday (and just speed-hatched it minutes ago), I managed to put in a second shot at the Great Danebow. Of course it ended in another Conducktor (no surprise). Right after speed-hatching the last 2 hours of the Spruce Moose I put in a third attempt with two epics, being the really beautiful Charger and the Conducktor, but no, a 17:01:36 hours timer. I really hate the breeding of electric + water. It has never ever given me anything else but Conducktors and Falconches. Really disappointing for such long fails. Now, I'll have to think very, very hard if I want to speed the remainder of it.
I just calculated it and to be on the safe side I'd have to speed it in some 7 hours time, at which moment in time I'd have to spend a total of 16 gems on it. I could also decide to "live on the edge" and take the risk that this time they're not removed 1 hour earlier than the update time, and hence waiting one more hour and then speeding it for 'only' 14 gems. In light of the extremely poor breeding history of this combination, as well as that of the alternative limited animals, I'm currently really inclined to call it a day already and just accept that these 3 limited animals will also not be had this time round. Bummer. :/
I really like the extra shots at these super rares, but it's such a pity that they coincide with breeding for other limited animals too. :(

Results so far:
1) Frostfang (15) + Lightning Leopard (15): Conducktor. [Bad fail]
2) Falconch (10) + Lightning Leopard (15): Conducktor. [Bad fail]
3) Conducktor (15) + Charger (15): Falconch. [Bad fail]

reeisme
07-21-15, 02:09 AM
No Great Danebow for me, but I did get two new animals from the attempt: Conducktor (not a big surprise, got 3 or 4 of them actually) and Beever.

Same here! Initially I was breeding with 4 elements and not just for Danebow. But I decided I wanted him the most and there were too many fail options with so many elements. (Though miraculously I got zero Armordillos and only one Conduktor in my 7 attempts!)

I read on a different forum that someone got one with lightning leopard and frostfang. I tried it and the first time I got Beever and the second time I got Hippogryph. Ahhhh... Can't believe it! If I am able to buy a danebow before time runs out I will, but it's ok either way. So many new electric animals in my forest!

ogreve
07-21-15, 03:06 AM
Same here! Initially I was breeding with 4 elements and not just for Danebow. But I decided I wanted him the most and there were too many fail options with so many elements. (Though miraculously I got zero Armordillos and only one Conduktor in my 7 attempts!)

I read on a different forum that someone got one with lightning leopard and frostfang. I tried it and the first time I got Beever and the second time I got Hippogryph. Ahhhh... Can't believe it! If I am able to buy a danebow before time runs out I will, but it's ok either way. So many new electric animals in my forest!

Hiya,
Wanna trade with my outcomes?? :P
I'd be WELL happy to take a Beever (even if I did vote it as the #1 ugliest animal in FFS ;) ) AND a Hipogryph (which I really want to get)... All I'm getting are these bl**ding Conducktor and Falconch birds, grrr....

Anyway: good luck on your further attempts! I think I'm calling it a day (not sure yet).
Do take heed of my "early warning" in post #13 though, as otherwise you might just miss out on the Great Danebow!

reeisme
07-21-15, 03:47 AM
That's hilarious. He's sorta ugly cute to me... But I wish we could trade! I've gotten some good duplicate super rares that I had to sell that I would have been very happy to give to a good home.

I think I was overdue. The only new animals I've managed to breed in a month or more were Thunder mammoth and Chameneon (and then promptly managed to breed 3 more unnecessarily). I was visiting new neighbors just last night and I saw a hippogryph and thought wow, that's so striking (so is caturn actually). Nice surprise for sure!

And yes, I have heeded your warning and set a timer. Thank you.

ogreve
07-21-15, 11:20 AM
...and they're gone.
Again I took notice of when they left. This time they left half an hour before the regular update (which should take place in about 15 minutes). The normal update time is 20:30 CET. I've seen FFS value packs end at 20:00 CET. This set of limited animals also ended at 20:00 CET.
This is a good thing to keep in mind if more of these limited animals are made available again.

As for me, in the end I did end up speeding it, but I did roll the dice and waited until the last hour so I'd only have to spend 14 gems instead of 16. It was a calculated risk. So, I put in two epics, being the Frostfang and the Lightning Leopard (i.e. animals I don't need in combat) and got... 16 hours! I'm not sure whether it makes me happy or not... On the one hand yes, because it's an animal I don't have yet, and on the other not so, as it's the Beever, which I only days ago named as THE ugliest FFS animal of all of them! :P
I'll make very sure to NOT evolve it from the baby stage. In the baby stage it's cute, but even as a juvenile it's already really ugly (if you ask me)... :P
More seriously though: I'm glad I at least got some animal that I didn't have yet: that makes it much more worth having spend 14 gems on it. That, and getting more bombs in the same amount of time, of course....
Now... 10 more minutes and we'll know what this week's update is going to be.... Exciting....:P