PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 07/16/15 Update - Monster Hunt Season 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PikaSquirrel
07-16-15, 12:56 PM
Hurry, fellow kings and queens! Unless we fight, the monsters will terrorize the citizens! No matter how many pop up, slay them all! TO ARMS!!!

[==Update requires Level 22+, and is live from 07/16 1:00 PM DST to 07/27 12:00 PM DST.==]

Here's more information on this event!

This is just the first season of the Monster Raid. We will have more coming in up in the game in the future. The Token drops will stop after each event ends with the associated timer until the next season starts up again. If you don't get the Cooking Camp during this event, you can continue where you left off when the next event starts. Try to progress as much as you can towards the Cooking Camp during each event! There may be Goals in the future that reward Tokens as well! Good luck, there's many more Monsters to defeat in your Kingdom! -PikaSquirrel

by SpiritWind.
Current issues I've requested further info on:

1. if beasts will continue to drop tokens after the event expires
Tokens will not drop after the event ends on 7/27.

2. if the trade wagon will be available to continue trades for the cooking camp
Trade Wagon and crafts in that building will be available to continue trading for the Cooking Camp. As Tokens will stop dropping until Season 2 of the Monster Raid, if you want to get more Tokens to work on getting the Cooking Camp before then, you can get them with Gems.

3. exactly what is timed? getting 4 statues or getting the Cooking Camp or something else
The Goals associated with the event and the Token drops are timed.

4. if we are only allowed the one blue dire boar and one purple glimmer golem each day in order to complete the daily trade or is it possible to get more than one of those beasts each day?
You will only see 1 Blue Dire Boar from the Pond when you are on the Goal "Daily Hunt: Adept Challenge". Same with the Purple Glimmer Golem for "Daily Hunt: Sovereign Challenge".

5. whether android players will get the daily hunt
Unfortunately, these Daily Goals feature are only available on iOS.

PikaSquirrel
07-16-15, 12:57 PM
Monster Hunt Event!
prepared by SpiritWind.

Pre-requisites:
Level 22+
You need version 1.3.3 (iOS) [Android latest version at the moment is 1.2.5.4g April 2015]

Tips and Tricks:
* DON'T tap the troll pit!!!! Regular trolls don't drop tokens. Neither do pink skunkupines, pink alicorn or wedding alicorn.
* Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens
* Do the Novice Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste

Link to Information Nugget on Beasts (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) extract:
Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

The Daily Hunt - each day you will have the chance to battle a monster to get Tokens. There are 3 types of Daily Hunts:
1. Novice Challenge - defeat 5 skunkupines or fangbeasts [10 energy crate]
2. Adept Challenge - collect from a pond to trigger a blue dire boar (30 hits) [10 energy crate]
3. Sovereign Challenge - collect from a glimmerdust trove to trigger a purple golem (90 hits) [25 energy crate]
Reward for each hunt is an energy crate - it goes to your inventory so you can chop it anytime you want!
Note: you get multi hits on each sword hit, so a 30 hit monster might only take 20 energy.

The Tokens! you can have a max of 120 of each of these in inventory
Shield Token - awarded upon attacking skunkupines, fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Sword Tokens - awarded upon slaying fangbeasts, dire boars and glimmer golems
Staff Tokens - awarded upon attacking dire boars, blue dire boars and glimmer golems
Gold Tokens - ONLY come from crafting the Sovereign Hunter Trade

OVERALL GOAL REWARD IS THE COOKING CAMP
99 Troll Tokens: Receive One Troll Token upon completion of Sovereign Hunter Trade

You need to do that trade 99 times. So that means 7425 shield tokens, 4950 sword tokens and 2475 staff tokens.

The Cooking Camp - what can you cook?
Costs $3000 to place
Flour, sugar, simple feast, breaded fish, noodles, pasta, stew, hearty feast, Ivy's hot sauce, spicy feast, cake, fish sandwiches, sundae, sweet feast, Mercury feast, chocolate, ice cream, butterfish, catfish soup.

REPORTED DROPS from the Trade Wagon

1. Lucky Token Trade 3 seconds: 10 Shield Tokens, 10 Sword Tokens, 10 Staff Tokens
Note: this trade is very hit and miss... Note you may not get back what you started with, so be prepared for this. Some reports of luck, more reports of not so much luck!
Reward - a chance to double your tokens
Reported Drops:
* I got back 10/10/18 - not sure which one was 8 extra though! SW
* 20 staff tokens, 7 sword, and 9 shield tokens.

2. Novice Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 25 Shield Tokens
Reward - Get a better assortment of prizes!
Reported Drops:
* 2 gems, glimmer shards, silver, creeptooth, Novice hunter trade drops:
* 8 energy, 4 energy, catfish, butterfish, living wood, wood, simple glue, bacon, wooden beam, jewels, glimmerdust, roast chicken
* Got from novice trade(multiple times): 1-2 gems, some shield/sword tokens, glimmer dusts, boar dusks, fish, roast chickens, woods, glimmer dusts, living woods, irons, catfishes, silver platters(not sure), and some others I cant remember
* 1 gem, 6 energy, 1 iron ore, 1 bacon, 1 water, 1 living wood, $15 coins (not sure what black bar'd), 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens
* 1 gem, 4 energy, 1 glimmerdust, 1 bacon, 1 glimmer shard, 1 glimmer fragment, 1 living wood, 2 sword tokens, 3 shield tokens, 1 stone (LOL!)
* 3 gems (!), 8 energy (!), 1 coal, 1 glimmer shard, 1 fish, 1 butterfish, 1 water, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens

3. Adept Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 50 Shield Tokens, 25 Sword Tokens
Reward - Get a better assortment of prizes!
Reported Drops:
* troll essence, flour, lemon, silver platter, energy, gems and 2 staff token from one such trade
* 1 to 3 gems, silver platter, armor, flour, enchanted essence, troll essence and similar stuff
* Oranges, lemons, fancy beam, 4 gems, some energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.
* Truffles, lumin essence, lemon, gems, energy, sword tokens, 2 staff tokens.

4. Sovereign Hunter Trade 3 seconds: 75 Shield Tokens, 50 Sword Tokens, 25 Staff Tokens
Reward - 1 Gold Token
Reported Drops:
* gold coin, + royal beam, vital extract, mythic essence, tokens, 2 gems
* gems, builder's paste, some energy and a TRADE TICKET
* 2 gems, lantern, faerie murmur, floral glow, energy (SW)
* 1 Gem, 4 Energy, 1 Golden Nugget, 1 Fey Crystal, 1 Faeries Murmur, 3 Sword Tokens, 4 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 1 Gem, 6 Energy,1 Dragon Scale, 1 Royal Block, 1 Mythic Essence, 2 Sword Tokens, 3 Shield Tokens, 1 Troll Token
* 2 gems, lantern, fey crystal, bottle of vital extract, builder's paste and energy!
* 3 gems, 4 energy, 1 boar tusk, 1 wisp lantern, 1 fey crystal, 2 sword tokens, 4 shield tokens, 1 troll token
* Gems, energy, 1 troll token
* 1 Builder's paste, gems, energy, 1 troll token.
* other drops: adamant, manticore whiskers, wool

Goals!
1. The Trade Wagon
Place the Trade Wagon
Rewards: 10 gems, 2 xp

2. To Arms!
craft Beastbane - 1 longsword, 5 creeptooth, 1 enchanter's essence (1 hour, magic forge)
Clear an Oak tree
Rewards: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 box of tricks

3. Sword Stretches
Defeat any 2 monsters
Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, 1 pile of tokens

4. Trader Trolls
Complete any token trade (x1)
Defeat any 5 monsters
Reward: 1400 coin, 5xp, Skunkupine statue

5. Be Prepared
Defeat any 10 monsters
Reward: 2400 coin, 7xp, Fangbeast statue

6. Duel personality
Defeat any 20 monsters
Reward: 2400 coin, 7xp, Dire boar statue

7. Honor Among Troll
Defeat any 50 monsters
Reward: 2400 coin, 5xp, Season 1 Slayer statue

burritosprings
07-16-15, 01:03 PM
Shield Token-
Awarded once upon attacking Skunkupines, Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and GLIMMER Golems

Sword Token-
Awarded upon slaying Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and GLIMMER Golems

Staff Token-
Awarded upon slaying Dire Boars, BLUE Dire Boar, and PURPLE Glimmer Golem

A

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:05 PM
Sorry to let you know, NW, but there's a purple golem...:(

Defeating the golem also gave me a glimmershard & bits, and a 25 energy crate reward besides the coins ... woohoo

Defeating the blue boar drops fur, tokens, & a 10 energy crate is reward for finishing him off.

How to het golden coins? Two trades got me none:((

Note the back of the gold coin

So doing the sovereign trade, which requires

Hopefully drops at least 10-20 gold coins per trade! That's a lot of trading otherwise!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:05 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!
Don't wanna SLAY Mr. Purple G!!!!!! Wahhhhhhh :super sad face: lol

burritosprings
07-16-15, 01:06 PM
Had 1 oak tree with only 1 tap left )

mreames
07-16-15, 01:07 PM
I have to say it looks very interesting! Cooking camp?? ;)

mreames
07-16-15, 01:07 PM
Had 1 oak tree with only 1 tap left )

As did I!! Lol

perry5
07-16-15, 01:08 PM
Ooh! A Beastbane!! Shoutout to NWK! Still love my one of a kind Thuakie Sword and Dagger a bit more for slaying those beasties! Took CS a while to catch up to your Thuakie Society, didn't it, North? ;)

robotparade
07-16-15, 01:09 PM
I WANT that cooking camp!!! :D

Guess I won't be parking beasts any more, not when there are token to be earned!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:11 PM
Ooh! A Beastbane!! Shoutout to NWK! Still love my one of a kind Thuakie Sword and Dagger a bit more for slaying those beasties! Took CS a while to catch up to your Thuakie Society, didn't it, North? ;)
lol yeah.... *ahem* - where's my royalty, TL?? Lol

...at least they put purple on the hilt for me, hehehe

paisdelasmaravillas
07-16-15, 01:16 PM
Let's go

NorthWoodsKingdom
FYI: All of the tokens have a max cap of 120

burritosprings
Nooooooooooooooo!
Don't wanna SLAY Mr. Purple G!!!!!! Wahhhhhhh :super sad face: lol

What is making them spawn?

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:18 PM
What is making them spawn?

Tap the Daily market goal for each beast. It takes you to what you need to do.

Glimmer dust- purple golem
Pond - blue boar

All are timed as well.

Tapped all my flowers & not 1 skunkupie of course. have 2 fang beast traps but no skunkupine ones. Guess I have to buy some...darn!

NietzscheDrag
07-16-15, 01:21 PM
I was attacked by the Blue Dire Boar. Hit him 6 times, then went to trade some gems for energy to finish him off.

When I returned, I had a (fully charged) regular Dire Boar.

Must we have 30 energy in hand to start the attack on the Blue Dire Boar?

Nessell
Hmm...what the prerequisites for being able to access this event? I'm level 20 and have quite an expanded kingdom all I've been able to do so far is place the troll trader caravan thingy. I have not received any of the quests nor am I getting tokens dropping....?? I'm I missing something.....

mreames
Looks like we will be trading them in for a while, anyway. ;) I think!! Lol

FYI: All of the tokens have a max cap of 120

burritosprings
07-16-15, 01:22 PM
Holy Energy Batman

mreames
07-16-15, 01:23 PM
Are you using the latest version of castle story? Finishing Thurstons story ,one is the prerequisite.

Hmm...what the prerequisites for being able to access this event? I'm level 20 and have quite an expanded kingdom all I've been able to do so far is place the troll trader caravan thingy. I have not received any of the quests nor am I getting tokens dropping....?? I'm I missing something.....

anissada
07-16-15, 01:23 PM
Hurry, fellow kings and queens! Unless we fight, the monsters will terrorize the citizens! No matter how many pop up, slay them all! TO ARMS!!!

[==Update requires completion of Thurston's Fort, and is live from 07/16 1:00 PM DST to 07/27 12:00 PM DST.==]

strange,. in my other account i do NOT have thurstons's fort yet.. locked by goal ;(
but i do get this goal...
can you explain this ?
no idea which goal gives me that fort

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:24 PM

Did you check your quest book? It has Daily Hunt goals....kinda like the Daily Trades

figththefire
07-16-15, 01:24 PM

55lee55
07-16-15, 01:25 PM
Another thing to remember is that, for instance, I just fought the glimmer golem that says it requires 90 hits, but by using the right battle, I just defeated him in 42 swings and still have energy left because he gives occasional energy back.

I am thrilled to see something new here and not the normal community event! This is awesome, S8!

Will the trade wagon be a permanant fixture? It appears as though it could be. Double awesome, S8!

Does anyone know yet how the trade for tokens, the one to possibly double them, works yet? I am not sure I want to try it until I see if it is worth it. I got burnt for 1000 gems when the Daily Trade came online and I don't want to have a replay of that costly mistake. I have enough tokens, but no way am I going to try it until someone else does ;-)

paisdelasmaravillas
07-16-15, 01:26 PM
Now go to defeat monsters

The troll from glimmerdust trove

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:27 PM

So doing the sovereign trade, which requires

Hopefully drops at least 10-20 gold coins per trade! That's a lot of trading otherwise!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:29 PM
BEWARE: the gold tokens ONLY come from the Sovereign Hunter Trade!!

mreames
Yep, I was just coming online to say I think I'll try to focus entirely on the sovereign Hunter trade. ;)

Castloninian

Do you understand it?

Nessell
07-16-15, 01:31 PM
Did you check your quest book? It has Daily Hunt goals....kinda like the Daily Trades

Yes checked all that and have latest version and have restarted my device etc. what is the thurstons fort quest? Anywhere where I can find any information about this quest line?

Thanks to everyone for their responses

paisdelasmaravillas
07-16-15, 01:31 PM
Argh!!!
The purple glimmer Golem is very strong

Nessell
07-16-15, 01:32 PM
Yep, I was just coming online to say I think I'll try to focus entirely on the sovereign Hunter trade. ;)

If my maths is right that's 99 x 75 tokens to get the cooking camp!

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:32 PM
Do you understand it?

It says - You have to do the sovereign trade to get the gold coins.

BTW...went back to my Queendom & had a regular dire boar, where it came from I haven't a clue, and it also drops tokens. So keep fighting those beasties until ya can't any more...lol

Castloninian
07-16-15, 01:33 PM
BEWARE: the gold tokens ONLY come from the Sovereign Hunter Trade!!

Oh now I get it. You need to do that trade 99 times. So that means 7425 shield tokens, 4950 sword tokens and 2475 staff tokens. Eek!

figththefire
07-16-15, 01:33 PM
You have to do the Sovereig Trade to get golden coin21736

figththefire
07-16-15, 01:34 PM
The second hunter trade gave me 3 gems also))

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:34 PM
If my maths is right that's 99 x 75 tokens to get the cooking camp!

Hopefully you get more than 1 gold coin at a time...at least that's what I'm hoping.:)

nessa005
07-16-15, 01:35 PM
I did the sovereign trade but didn't get a gold coin. It's not in my inventory and I force closed the game!

burritosprings
07-16-15, 01:35 PM
I am confused and about 3 shots and couple of beers from comprehension.. I guess its the old saying... **** 'em All and let the Trade Wagon sort 'em out!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:36 PM
It says - You have to do the sovereign trade to get the gold coins.
It also says "Received once upon completion of each Sovereign Hunter Trade"
...so that makes it sound like the tinker camp we got from the Royal Exchange and is gonna take 99 SH trades to get that Cooking Camp.

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:37 PM
I did the sovereign trade but didn't get a gold coin. It's not in my inventory and I force closed the game!

No!!!!! Send a quick pm to sourp4tch. Hopefully, she can sort it out.

Guess I'll be waiting on doing that trade & continue collecting tokens.

It also says "Received once upon completion of each Sovereign Hunter Trade"
...so that makes it sound like the tinker camp we got from the Royal Exchange and is gonna take 99 SH trades to get that Cooking Camp.

Holy moly!!! That's a lot of beast fighting...ugh!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:38 PM
Uh-oh...a bug already???

zoo123g
07-16-15, 01:41 PM
goodbye to sleep! lol

zoo123g
great update :)

nikkimommy2014
Just tried the lucky exchange. I got 20 staff tokens, 7 sword, and 9 shield tokens.

FlowerBurst
07-16-15, 01:42 PM

I think you have to complete the Sovereign Trade that is listed in the Trade Wagon. Is this the one you completed?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 01:45 PM
I think you have to complete the Sovereign Trade that is listed in the Trade Wagon. Is this the one you completed?
I hope this doesn't sound rude but... What other sovereign trade IS there but the one & only one in the trade wagon?? LOL

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 01:47 PM
I did that sovereign hunter trade and got 1 gold coin for the Cooking Camp:)

burritosprings
So it looks like the extra good ones are daily.. but still all in all its ****ing the regular beast around your kingdom that's the real deal.

sugarlevi
Are the daily hunt goals, only for ios? Or do they show up after the crafting of the sword?

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 01:48 PM
I did that sovereign hunter trade and got 1 gold coin for the Cooking Camp:)

yepp, a lot of trade to do:cool:

perry5
07-16-15, 01:48 PM
I hope this doesn't sound rude but... What other sovereign trade IS there but the one & only one in the trade wagon?? LOL

LMAO...it's like the "Holy Grail" of Sovereign Trades....I already GOT one! But geez...99 times to trade wagon! And I'm STILL making Living Wood....aaack! Goodbye sleep is right!

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 01:50 PM
btw:
troll from trollpit dont drop any marks
pink chickens dont drop any marks

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 01:50 PM
Did you already see this? Sorry, very tired...

Goal: Duel Personality

Edit:

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:52 PM

DON'T tap the troll pit!!!! Regular trolls dont drop tokens.....why?????

katbtodd
07-16-15, 01:53 PM
We,got a gem reward for placing the treasure chest , does any body remember how many ,was it 10

bethaneyl
what's the most reliable way to spawn beasties? .....
I'm gonna focus on only beast spawning...after the Daily Hunts
or do you all think another kinda strategy might work better?
I like planning it out , knowing how much effort / playing I'll need to do a day ...I can't just play and hope for the best...lol

meme1098
We,got a gem reward for placing the treasure chest , does any body remember how many ,was it 10

Yep...it was 10

katbtodd
Pinkie shunkie don't either

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 01:54 PM
Kat ...mine was 10 for placing e Trade Wagon

katbtodd
07-16-15, 01:54 PM
Yep...it was 10

That was fast thank you

katbtodd
07-16-15, 01:55 PM
Kat ...mine was 10 for placing e Trade Wagon

I thought it was a wagon and looked at it again and looks like treasure chest

meme1098
07-16-15, 01:56 PM
I can't spawn a beast to save my life! Guess I gotta pull out those fangbeast traps already...darn!

tuffyjkitten
07-16-15, 01:56 PM
btw:
troll from trollpit dont drop any marks
pink chickens dont drop any marks

Also the pink skunkupine didn't drop any coins or count against the novice goal of beat up skunkies/fangbeasts.

FlowerBurst
07-16-15, 01:58 PM

Sorry...I should have worded that differently. There IS only one sovereign trade, but the word "sovereign" is used in other steps. One of my neighbors thought she had completed the trade after she defeated a monster.

Castloninian
07-16-15, 02:01 PM
I can't spawn a beast to save my life! Guess I gotta pull out those fangbeast traps already...darn!

Same here. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Guess it is getting even with me as I usual park a beast for a while.

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:07 PM
I WANT that cooking camp!!! :D

Guess I won't be parking beasts any more, not when there are token to be earned!

Me too... Had my beast parked in a nice out of the way spot, but no more! Now I'll finally be happy to see/fight the beasts!

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:11 PM
Glimmer Golem or is it a Glimmer Troll.. Sparring pit one gives nothing.. what spawns a Glimmer Golem?

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 02:12 PM
I always have trouble finding beasts when I actually need em.....sure wish I was at that boar spawning quest line ...couldn't tap twice with out one popping up....
Anyone else noticed how much energy these monsters/beasties r giving ....I use a r hit only strategy ....and after defeating the 90energy purple golem I'd only used around 10-15 of my own energy !! ....I was very happy :)

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:13 PM
Glimmer Golem or is it a Glimmer Troll.. Sparring pit one gives nothing.. what spawns a Glimmer Golem?

The daily challenge said glimmer dust collection... Spawned the right guy after collecting from my glimmer dust trove

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:15 PM
10-15 Energy used outta 90 needed. this is about as confusing as Chinese Arithimatic

meme1098
07-16-15, 02:16 PM
****Edit: this goal is only Season 1 of the monster hunt which is a long term goal. Math below no longer applies according to posts on page 1 of this thread. Please read there for any requirements.
Meme1098

Ok...I've done some math & it doesn't look good to me. Here's my numbers:

If we need to do 99 trades in order to get 99 gold tokens:

Shield Tokens 75X99= 7425. Per day 618.75
Sword Tokens 50X99= 4950. Per day 412.50
Staff Tokens 25x99 =1250. Per day 104.16

99 trades between now & July 27th = 12 days (including today)
99 divided by 12 = 8.25 trades per day

I'm not sure I can even do 2 or 3 trades much less at least 8.:(

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:16 PM
The daily challenge said glimmer dust collection... Spawned the right guy after collecting from my glimmer dust trove

That's the PURPLE one... what about the Glimmer Golem its says on back of the shields thingees

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:17 PM

-minus 1 hour

29vanilla
07-16-15, 02:18 PM
Do you have to craft the new beastbane sword before clicking on the daily goals to fight?

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:19 PM
Yeah I would get that quest done before clicking on anything to spawn

NorthWoodsKingdom
She did not read carefully and confused the hunt with the trade--had a "duh" moment!
Lol, understood...we all have those from time to time, lol. Have fun whacking the beasties! :)

totalwasteoftime

First page says you have to be level 22. I'd suggest parting a beast so you can play without interruption until you level up enough.
This doesn't seem to be a timed event so you'll get to it soon enough. There are the "daily hunts" that give extra prizes, but I'd assume we get more every day and there will be some for you whenever you start!

Hope this helps, and good luck!

mreames
07-16-15, 02:20 PM

Glimmerdust trove. I went through the button on the goal to get there.

burritosprings
First page says you have to be level 22. I'd suggest parting a beast so you can play without interruption until you level up enough.
This doesn't seem to be a timed event so you'll get to it soon enough. There are the "daily hunts" that give extra prizes, but I'd assume we get more every day and there will be some for you whenever you start!

11 days means it is timed

Gardienn
I just was battling the blue dire boar from the pond, got down a couple hits, collected some shields, and then the game recycled and put a regular dire boar on my board in its place with 2 of 8 hits left to ****. I finished it off, got more shields from the hits, but of course, the daily challenge was not completed.

Super frustrating.

I'm also posting this in the bugs thread if it's not there already.

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:21 PM
Glimmerdust trove. I went through the button on the goal to get there.

that's the PURPLE ONE.. what about the one that is only a GLIMMER GOLEML.. geex ppl I can spawn a glimmer troll from sparring pit and it does bupkus

mreames
It's definitely a timed event.

totalwasteoftime
Do you have to craft the new beastbane sword before clicking on the daily goals to fight?

Nope. My sword is still crafting but I've completed two of the daily goals and gotten their rewards.

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:22 PM
Did you already see this? Sorry, very tired...

lol, after 50 no more goals...

mreames
that's the PURPLE ONE.. what about the one that is only a GLIMMER GOLEML.. geex ppl I can spawn a glimmer troll from sparring pit and it does bupkus

Never mind. I don't know.

sugarlevi
Daily hunts are probably ios only.
Or do any android users out there have them?

29vanilla
Yeah I would get that quest done before clicking on anything to spawn

Wow. Your response was probably posted before I edited my spelling error. lol. Thanks for the speedy reply. So I wait a whole hour. Gggrrrrr.

I have 2 accounts. I may go crazy with this one.

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:23 PM
It's definitely a timed event.

Aaaaaahhhh! I missed that ��

burritosprings
Shield Token-
Awarded once upon attacking Skunkupines, Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and GLIMMER Golems

Sword Token-
Awarded upon slaying Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and Glimmer Golems

Staff Token-

meme1098
Nope. My sword is still crafting but I've completed two of the daily goals and gotten their rewards.

Just collected my sword and got 5 of each of the 3 tokens as a reward.

And the ability to craft more just disappeared as well.

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:24 PM

Hmmm... Didn't we used to get them from the glimmergate? Anyone tried that?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 02:25 PM
No clue where the regular glimmer golems are spawned (the beast on the pop-up).
Folks are getting beasts confused lol
TROLLS come from the sparring pit, folks, not glimmer golems.
PURPLE glimmer golems come from the glimmerdust troves.
Nobody knows where the regular glimmer golems appear.... Glimmergate??? Dunno.

meme1098
07-16-15, 02:25 PM

Just tapped the gate...nothing :(

nessa005
07-16-15, 02:27 PM
Uh-oh...a bug already???

Not a bug....had a seniors moment and confused sovereign hunt with sovereign trade. Need to read sloooowly!

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 02:28 PM
Yes checked all that and have latest version and have restarted my device etc. what is the thurstons fort quest? Anywhere where I can find any information about this quest line?

Thanks to everyone for their responses

I had to close my game and open it again to trigger the event, so give that a try. :)

touchdown69
07-16-15, 02:29 PM
Ok guys we need a step by step with pictures for the 11 days to complete the quest I need to know how many beasts to beat in order to finish this 11 days only timed quest! Please I am now at a stage where it's asking me to defeat 20 more monsters and it costs gem value for setting up the traps and it's getting very costly at my end! Please post pictures & numeric value of how many more goals in order to finish this timed goal greatly appreciated Ty ����

sipland
07-16-15, 02:30 PM
Lol ran out of energy, went to do some real life stuff, came back thinking I'd have lots of energy. Boo! I guess it's only been less than 10 minutes. Only have 3 energy! This is going to take a while!

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:30 PM
a pic of all 4 statues:

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:31 PM
Shield Token-

Sword Token-
Awarded upon slaying Fangbeasts, Dire Boars, and Glimmer Golems

Staff Token-

you got also 1 staff token for the sovereign trade

meme1098
07-16-15, 02:32 PM
Ok guys we need a step by step with pictures for the 11 days to complete the quest I need to know how many beasts to beat in order to finish this 11 days only timed quest! Please I am now at a stage where it's asking me to defeat 20 more monsters and it costs gem value for setting up the traps and it's getting very costly at my end! Please post pictures & numeric value of how many more goals in order to finish this timed goal greatly appreciated Ty ����

See my post #73 a few pages back...

bethaneyl
I'm suspecting this event might not be available for people who haven't unlocked all 3 beasties (skunkpines, fang beasts & dire boars)
I just think that might make sense because the Staff Token only comes from DireBoars & Purp-Glimmer Golem....not positive ....just my speculations

AnniePMH
lol, after 50 no more goals...

How on Earth did you get so many monsters already!:eek: Just the cows?:confused:

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 02:33 PM
a pic of all 4 statues:
How do ya know there's only 4??

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:33 PM
I'm suspecting this event might not be available for people who haven't unlocked all 3 beasties (skunkpines, fang beasts & dire boars)
I just think that might make sense because the Staff Token only comes from DireBoars & Purp-Glimmer Golem....not positive ....just my speculations

If your at 22 with Thurston you should have all beasts available. If that was the case then well...

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 02:37 PM
Meme...that scares me 8.25 trades per day was it ....I'm thinking about how many traps & all the energy for the first I just finished?...how in the world can I do 8....especially without having to purchase hundreds of traps.....eeeekk!
too bad the gold coins aren't cheaper, cause I could purchase the remainder needed....
This is gonna be a constant game playing / every energy refill type of event ...ugh ...hope y'all aren't busy for the remainder ID the month ...lol

Beeville99
07-16-15, 02:39 PM

If we need to do 99 trades in order to get 99 gold tokens:

I'm not sure I can even do 2 or 3 trades much less at least 8.:(

I think these are two different activities: an eleven day timed goal chain, and monster hunting for exchange coins.

I think the exchange is patterned after the Royal Exchange, with the Cooking Camp analogous to the Tinker Camp.
Only way any of it seems logical or even remotely achievable.

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:40 PM
How do ya know there's only 4??

no goals anymore...yet, ok possible more, but not today:eek:

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 02:42 PM
Daily hunts are probably ios only.
Or do any android users out there have them?

I'm on Android and was about to ask about Daily Hunts because I haven't seen anything about them yet. Anyone else on Android around?

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:42 PM
I think these are two different activities: an eleven day timed goal chain, and monster hunting for exchange coins.

I think the exchange is patterned after the Royal Exchange, with the Cooking Camp analogous to the Tinker Camp.
Only way any of it seems logical or even remotely achievable.

Don't bet on that... Pile of Gifts ring a bell? I think this is a challenge that S8 wants to see who is gonna Gut (gem) it out.

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:44 PM
some1 finished an adventure?
you get token from there? a golden maybe?

lol, s8, i have 4 troll token, burn 12 alis and speed up wizschools...:mad:
how on earth should we ge 99? :mad:
hope there are a few goals in the future, or more purple-g's...COME ON:cool:

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 02:45 PM
no goals anymore...yet, ok possible more, but not today:eek:
Ah ok, gotcha ... Sweet dreams, German lol

Hey, anybody out there who is maxed on tomatoes and corn having any luck spawning skunkupies from planting them anyway?? Lol

vaso1908
07-16-15, 02:46 PM
So what will happen after the event is over? Will the trade wagon disappear? Will we be able to continue doing the trades but without the additional quests and daily boosts from the new beasts? I'm sorry but I think that 99 trades to get the cooking camp in 11 days is practically impossible. Without spending vast amounts of gems that is.

mreames
07-16-15, 02:47 PM
Nothing from a dark cave adventure. :(

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:48 PM
So what will happen after the event is over? Will the trade wagon disappear? Will we be able to continue doing the trades but without the additional quests and daily boosts from the new beasts? I'm sorry but I think that 99 trades to get the cooking camp in 11 days is practically impossible. Without spending vast amounts of gems that is.

My question too... What is the timed part and what's not? I can't imagine the troll trader building would disappear after 11 days (but if it does, can the Barons tent go with it too... Please??)

mreames
07-16-15, 02:48 PM
1st 25 corn gave nothing. About to test tomatoes. Lol

Ah ok, gotcha ... Sweet dreams, German lol

Hey, anybody out there who is maxed on tomatoes and corn having any luck spawning skunkupies from planting them anyway?? Lol

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:50 PM
looks like we start in a century of slaying monsters,lol:
sadly not royal:eek:

meme1098
07-16-15, 02:51 PM

Yea...that's a lot of beast bashing for tokens. It looks pretty hopeless for me. And I'll be going on vacation next Friday for 2 weeks so that's a few days at the end I'm not gonna be playing hardly at all.

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:52 PM
a pic of all 4 statues:

Do the statues do anything? Drop tokens? Or are they decoration?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 02:52 PM
1st 25 corn gave nothing. About to test tomatoes. Lol
Oh dang & yikes, that's not very promising lol

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 02:53 PM
I would really like to see an event that didn't require gems & 23hrs/day playing to accomplish .....
I'm starting to wonder if I should even waste my time trying .....the thought of playing like a mad person and then not getting enough gold coins would really just make me doubt the merits of this game .....aren't games supposed to be fun....this mess is stressful...lol

nessa005
Lol, some of us have senior moments without even having to be a senior, lol... And sorry for calling you an idiot few pages back (I assume you're the "neighbor" lol)... I'm sure you're very bright and just punchy like the rest of us, lol :wink & hug: LOL
HAPPY BEAST WHACKING! :)

Yes that's me...
Felt like an idiot when I figured it out! Whacking beasties can do that to you.

I'm a neighbour not a neighbor! :) :) Eng/US ;)

mreames
Oh dang & yikes, that's not very promising lol

11th tomato spawned a skunkupine. Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
Yeah, and where's the trophy that's on the load screen??
I want a TROPHY for all this energy expenditure! LOL

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:54 PM
How on Earth did you get so many monsters already!:eek: Just the cows?:confused:

lol, i am not from this earth:D <3

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 02:54 PM
Will update post 2 shortly... This looks fun!

burritosprings
07-16-15, 02:55 PM
I have the 2x Winter Kitchens.. beginning to think that this might be a waste of my time.. prolly gonna be a mix of items to cook that.. I am doing ok with the 2 regular kitchens and the hybrids.. gonna watch for a few days and see if its worth it.

meme1098
07-16-15, 02:56 PM

SW ... can you find out if beasts will continue to drop tokens after the 12 days & if the trade wagon will be available to continue trades for the cooking camp. Don't see how anyone can do 99 sovereign trades in 12 days to get the cooking camp.

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:57 PM
Yea...that's a lot of beast bashing for tokens. It looks pretty hopeless for me. And I'll be going on vacation next Friday for 2 weeks so that's a few days at the end I'm not gonna be playing hardly at all.

Hope you have a great vacation and amazing real life adventures and enjoy some great food that's better than anything from a virtual kitchen! (But I hear you... Timed things suck when you want to just freeze the game and set it aside and enjoy life and then pick it up again in the same place afterward!!)

mreames
07-16-15, 02:57 PM

Ok, I ended up with 3 skunkupines out of 25 tomatoes. :)

totalwasteoftime
07-16-15, 02:58 PM
lol, i am not from this earth:D <3

Hahahaha!

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 02:58 PM

no, nothing

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 02:59 PM
Yes that's me...
Felt like an idiot when I figured it out! Whacking beasties can do that to you.

I'm a neighbour not a neighbor! :) :) Eng/US ;)
LOL, you're cute, Miss(?) Brit... ...and thanks for letting my earlier crassness fall off your shoulders; I was actually just trying to be funny in my Southern lack-of-tact-Sagittarian way lol, so I'm glad you saw it that way, too. I totally get ya now.... Now onward, whereeeeeeee are those dang skunkupies HIDING!?! lol

FlowerBurst
07-16-15, 03:00 PM
Lol, some of us have senior moments without even having to be a senior, lol... And sorry for calling you an idiot few pages back (I assume you're the "neighbor" lol)... I'm sure you're very bright and just punchy like the rest of us, lol :wink & hug: LOL
HAPPY BEAST WHACKING! :)

Not a bug....had a seniors moment and confused sovereign hunt with sovereign trade. Need to read sloooowly!

No, nessa005 is not my neighbor and will hopefully find some comfort in the fact that she is not alone! So happy to hear it is not a bug!:D

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 03:01 PM
Ok, I ended up with 3 skunkupines out of 25 tomatoes. :)
Hmm... Maybe I'll give tomatoes a shot then, cuz I'm stuck on that goal and can't find skunkupies in my flowers or wheat or sugar ... Grrr hmphf. Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 03:03 PM
No, nessa005 is not my neighbor and will hopefully find some comfort in the fact that she is not alone! So happy to hear it is not a bug!:D
Oh ...well ...HUNH. Then, now I'm totally confused lol.
Anyway. Yes, glad not a bug. LOL

meme1098
07-16-15, 03:03 PM
Hmm... Maybe I'll give tomatoes a shot then, cuz I'm stuck on that goal and can't find skunkupies in my flowers or wheat or sugar ... Grrr hmphf. Lol

I went ahead & bought the traps to finish.
Next you chop an oak tree...which I have almost all mine at 2 chops left since I'd been chopping looking for living wood.
And another step I can't remember -- maybe **** 2 beasts???

Then: 21740

Where's Nat??? She's usually posted all steps by now...lol

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 03:05 PM
I just love how the Defeat 20 monsters has That HuNT button right out next to it ....tap it ....Hunt takes you right to the Gem-BeastTraps....lol...what's that telling us ....

I've gotten a few fang beasts to spawn from Yellow Acer trees ....nothing from crops at all....
Really ...cause usually a regular 40 energy collect gives me at least 2-3 spawns and that's not even looking for them....

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 03:07 PM
1st tomato!...FIRST!!!! Lol:D

mreames
07-16-15, 03:08 PM

My cows and chickens were doing great at first, then nothing. I guess they need to be mixed. :(

mreames
07-16-15, 03:08 PM

I got them warmed up for ya. Hahaha

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 03:11 PM
I went ahead & bought the traps to finish.
Next you chop an oak tree...which I have almost all mine at 2 chops left since I'd been chopping looking for living wood.
And another step I can't remember -- maybe **** 2 beasts???

Then: 21740

Where's Nat??? She's usually posted all steps by now...lol

I'm right here! I've already posted one step, I can post the 50 one too, if needed?:)
Edit: I'm so tired, I can't think or write very fast, it's the middle of the night here...

mreames
07-16-15, 03:12 PM

I got none from the next 25. :(

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 03:13 PM
dont do the lucky trade!
did 5 times for, lolol, double up...the only interesting are staff token, lost 2, lost 1, lost 0, lost 5, and win1, thats ****!:mad:

sugarlevi
07-16-15, 03:14 PM
Yes two monsters for the 2nd quest: 21742

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 03:16 PM
I have the 2x Winter Kitchens.. beginning to think that this might be a waste of my time.. prolly gonna be a mix of items to cook that.. I am doing ok with the 2 regular kitchens and the hybrids.. gonna watch for a few days and see if its worth it.

Queen Numpty here! What do we need our kitchens for? :p

Plenty of Dire Boar appearing from my wells. :)

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 03:16 PM
I wonder how many traps it would take to get the amount of tokens / 8.25 trades per day....I probably don't wanna know...lol
Math isn't my "thing" ....

2rd corn spawned Skunkpine.....(2nd harvest ...first gave nada)
tomatoes worked ...4th tomato spawned too :)

Anyone know if mystic mushrooms would spawn? ....I can't recall

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 03:18 PM
dont do the lucky trade!
did 5 times for, lolol, double up...the only interesting are staff token, lost 2, lost 1, lost 0, lost 5, and win1, thats ****!:mad:

Yes, I have about the same experience from that trade...

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:18 PM
Queen Numpty here! What do we need our kitchens for? :p

Plenty of Dire Boar appearing from my wells. :)

The reward at the end is what I was referring to. The Cooking Tinker Camp

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 03:21 PM
The reward at the end is what I was referring to. The Cooking Tinker Camp Got it. Thanks. :)

MsMelanieMonster
07-16-15, 03:21 PM
Had a feeling an energy sucking event would be coming. I've been stocking up on energy from the greenhouse with all those purple petals from the last event. Finally used some hard earned gems on a wizard school. Needing extra energy means trade tickets for those new expansions! Has anyone posted the link to the beast nugget in the hub? Might be helpful for newer players! Have fun all!

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:23 PM
Had a feeling an energy sucking event would be coming. I've been stocking up on energy from the greenhouse with all those purple petals from the last event. Finally used some hard earned gems on a wizard school. Has anyone posted the link to the beast nugget in the hub? Might be helpful for newer players! Have fun all!

Is there the nugget that is.. still trying to figure out how to spawn a Glimmer Golem which isn't listed

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts

mreames
07-16-15, 03:24 PM
I got 2 boars from one rock outcropping, then only 1 from the next. At least the 2nd one gave me a gold nugget. Lol now if I could just make a golden token out of it. :)

mreames
07-16-15, 03:24 PM
I'm wondering if it might come from a future daily hunt.

Is there the nugget that is.. still trying to figure out how to spawn a Glimmer Golem which isn't listed

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:25 PM
I got 2 boars from one rock outcropping, then only 1 from the next. At least the 2nd one gave me a gold nugget. Lol now if I could just make a golden token out of it. :)

Yeah that's next week update.. Build a Token Stamping Machine.. needs 80 Golden Nuggets and 20 Wood to build

Shibuya and maybe 2 others can swing it

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:27 PM
I'm wondering if it might come from a future daily hunt.

Then why have it as a monster on 2 of the 3 tokens we need??? Am I talking another language? ... WHERE ARE THE GLIMMER GOLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 03:29 PM

Nothing from a dark cave adventure. :(
Nope, no tokens of any kind from Desert Sands (Queen's Court) or Plume Hive (barracks) either.

Guessing nothing of use for this event drops from ANY adventure... that sux. Lol

PraxisOfGood
07-16-15, 03:29 PM

I'm still at the part of the storyline where the glimmer golems come out of the glimmergate, and they count.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 03:30 PM
Yeah that's next week update.. Build a Token Stamping Machine.. needs 80 Golden Nuggets and 20 Wood to build

Shibuya and maybe 2 others can swing it
LMAO!!! ... You listening, TL? Where's our token slot machine anyway?? LOL

reliquary
07-16-15, 03:32 PM
Did my first soverign hunter trade....it gave gems, some paste, some energy and a TRADE TICKET......yay!
And 1 measly gold coin....wow this will be intense.

Btw dire boars that give the rarest( at least for me) the sword tokens come from dire boars...D boars def. give the most in return. Staff, sword and the other token...plus more energy return than usual.

Those RED mushroom circles spawn dire boars like crazy....the new mythic mushrooms DO NOT.

And btw, you only get 1 Mr. purple G (r.i.p.) from troves....I hit another 15 troves and could not get another to spawn

And ohhhYeahhh....I made 2 of the special swords:cool:
Too bad they disappeared from the forge after you retrieve them

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:32 PM
I'm still at the part of the storyline where the glimmer golems come out of the glimmergate, and they count.

Wonderful so we lose out on a monster spawn because we are 2 far in.. I guess they figure that higher players can figure it out.. but also the same for lower players without the Glimmer Gate... bad choice S8. Corrective action maybe or stand your ground law is in effect?

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 03:33 PM
Nope, no tokens of any kind from Desert Sands (Queen's Court) or Plume Hive (barracks) either.

Guessing nothing of use for this event drops from ANY adventure... that sux. Lol

correct, give us an adventure to the monster fields...:rolleyes:
10 sword, 10 armor and something else...

mreames
07-16-15, 03:33 PM
Then why have it as a monster on 2 of the 3 tokens we need??? Am I talking another language? ... WHERE ARE THE GLIMMER GOLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then maybe it's only for those fortunate enough to be at that part of the story line. I'm just throwing things out there. It's not like I'm in the know. Lol

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:34 PM
Did my first soverign hunter trade....it gave gems, some paste, some energy and a TRADE TICKET......yay!
And 1 measly gold coin....wow this will be intense.

Btw dire boars that give the rarest( at least for me) the sword tokens come from dire boars...D boars def. give the most in return. Staff, sword and the other token...plus more energy return than usual.

Those RED mushroom circles spawn dire boars like crazy....the new mythic mushrooms DO NOT.

And btw, you only get 1 Mr. purple G (r.i.p.) from troves....I hit another 15 troves and could not get another to spawn

Purple is a daily since its most benef3cal,

mreames
07-16-15, 03:36 PM
LMAO!!! ... You listening, TL? Where's our token slot machine anyway?? LOL

From what I understand, we already have the token slot machine and it pays off as well as Vegas. Lol or rather doesn't pay off..... Like Vegas doesn't. ;)

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 03:36 PM
Purple is a daily since its most benefical

lol, hope purple-g is / would be DAILY:cool: ( during event )
or the blue dire boar...

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:38 PM
lol, hope purple-g is / would be DAILY:cool: ( during event )
or the blue dire boar...

My assumption is that its a rinse/repeat on the daily quests unless I am missing a Dire element.

mreames
07-16-15, 03:42 PM
Since skunkupines only give the easiest token to get, I'm not going to try for them anymore. I'll just be trying for fangbeasts and boars. ;)

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 03:42 PM
a pic of all 4 statues:

Lol, they're just as ugly in my Queendom...Sabina seems to like them, though...:rolleyes: I had to use 25 Alicorns to get them done, lol!:p

Edit: And then I'm at 4 troll tokens too...This does not look so promising:(

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:45 PM
Lol, they're just as ugly in my Queendom...Sabina seems to like them, though...:rolleyes: I had to use 25 Alicorns to get them done, lol!:p

She is hoping one of them would attack her corset and let her breath normal..

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 03:45 PM
I'm making the enchanted minerals now....wonder if I'm close to the glimmer-golem spawn part....hope so ...might save me

burritosprings
07-16-15, 03:48 PM
I'm making the enchanted minerals now....wonder if I'm close to the glimmer-golem spawn part....hope so ...might save me

Does not make sense that ppl on a certain goal line would have access to a certain beast and that gives them an added advantage.. but again.. gem buildings for coins and stolen Walicorns.. business as usual up in the S8 household.

mreames
07-16-15, 03:53 PM
The only thing that would make sense is for the trade to remain but nothing they've said leads me to believe it will. I hope SW can find something out soon.

Edit: And then I'm at 4 troll tokens too...This does not look so promising:(

mreames
07-16-15, 03:56 PM
Does not make sense that ppl on a certain goal line would have access to a certain beast and that gives them an added advantage.. but again.. gem buildings for coins and stolen Walicorns.. business as usual up in the S8 household.

People whose kingdoms are being overrun by boars due to not building the swampy pond would also have the same advantage. Also those that are in the just right part of boarina. I remember during our last monster mash, the question came up about the glimmer golems and they counted at that time. Most of us just have to rely on boars and fangbeasts.

kimberly0822
07-16-15, 03:59 PM
Yes..it was 10 gems

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 04:02 PM

Your right it should be same opportunity for all, and I think any event / goal should be reasonable enough that people don't have to spend massive amounts of gems or play a million hrs a day!....."business as usual up in the S8 household" ;) very True!

burritosprings
07-16-15, 04:03 PM
People whose kingdoms are being overrun by boars due to not building the swampy pond would also have the same advantage. Also those that are in the just right part of boarina. I remember during our last monster mash, the question came up about the glimmer golems and they counted at that time. Most of us just have to rely on boars and fangbeasts.

That's my point they are not making this goal fair for everyone who can get it.. maybe that's what the last meeting was about at S8.. the meeting that went an hour long.. to all the talking heads at that meeting.. that was a waste of an hour.

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 04:06 PM
Goal: Honor among Trolls

mreames
07-16-15, 04:12 PM
That's my point they are not making this goal fair for everyone who can get it.. maybe that's what the last meeting was about at S8.. the meeting that went an hour long.. to all the talking heads at that meeting.. that was a waste of an hour.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about if we really have to have 99 gold coins in 11-12 days. Being able to fight a glimmer golem every 2 hours won't make up that difference. Now, spawning a boar every 1, 2 or 3 well collections might. I haven't spawned a single thing from water, though.

Guardian452
07-16-15, 04:14 PM

Seems like the rate of monsters spawning has been nerfed. I'm in the middle of Boarina on my second account. I haven't gotten a single Dire Boar since the Monster Hunt went live. Earlier today, I got a 5 Dire Boars in using up 2 full energy cycles. Now excuse me while I take off my tin-foil hat. :)

figththefire
07-16-15, 04:14 PM
I don't really understand the lucky tokens exchange?
Will you guarantee to double it up? Or the drop is random?
Whats the max?

PraxisOfGood
07-16-15, 04:16 PM

I'm afraid not. The Key of Doors will open the glimmergate, but the glimmer golems don't spawn until you've crafted the Night Sword. My guess is that it took me close to a month between those two things, although if you have a dragon already it will go faster than that.

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 04:20 PM
[To be honest, I'm more concerned about if we really have to have 99 gold coins in 11-12 days

probably ...they would hope those not finished would spend tons of gems....look how many extra horses you see ( 999 gems) that right there shows them people will spend that $$ ...if wanted it bad enough ( my opinion ) .....I see so many games using our purchasing against us (basically).....saddens me :(

burritosprings
07-16-15, 04:22 PM
To be honest, I'm more concerned about if we really have to have 99 gold coins in 11-12 days. Being able to fight a glimmer golem every 2 hours won't make up that difference. Now, spawning a boar every 1, 2 or 3 well collections might. I haven't spawned a single thing from water, though.

Have not seen a Glimmer Golem.. then why have this goal if there are some that will not even come close.. is this payback for a certain level who missed out on extra bakeries or the feast table thing.. kinda confused .. wish someone smarter then me can figure this out.. hate for people to waste time on this when its a make up quest for a mixed set of levels we still cant figure out yet

macdonald
07-16-15, 04:26 PM
Tip: use your spare/extra shield coins as these you get most of on the Novice Hunter Trade, this gives you back some Gems, Energy and Tokens of various type.

It's a good way to get rid of access, and there easy to re accumulate.

mreames
07-16-15, 04:30 PM
Good point, now that I've looked closely at it! I hit a point of not being able to hold any more before I could do the SHT.

Tip: use your spare/extra shield coins as these you get most of on the Novice Hunter Trade, this gives you back some Gems, Energy and Tokens of various type.

burritosprings
07-16-15, 04:31 PM

wonderful concept. its excess btw.. but that's not the answer for me.. thanks for your input

bethaneyl
07-16-15, 04:36 PM

I just tried that ....gave energy, 3 gems and even tokens back ...as well as other items ....so that's a good idea !!!!

AnniePMH
07-16-15, 04:39 PM
Before Goal: Duel Personality and after Goal: Trader Trolls comes this goal:

Goal: Be Prepared

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 04:39 PM

reported...

mreames
07-16-15, 04:41 PM
reported...

I think they discovered they did something else besides the sovereign Hunter trade.

meme1098
07-16-15, 04:43 PM

I have 104 of Shield tokens....so wonder what's the limit?

burritosprings
07-16-15, 04:45 PM
I just tried that ....gave energy, 3 gems and even tokens back ...as well as other items ....so that's a good idea !!!!

it was stupid idea.. that's why I commented on it

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 04:45 PM

SW ... can you find out if beasts will continue to drop tokens after the 12 days & if the trade wagon will be available to continue trades for the cooking camp. Don't see how anyone can do 99 sovereign trades in 12 days to get the cooking camp.
SW~ Would you mind also asking if we are *only* allowed the one blue dire boar and one purple glimmer golem each day in order to complete the daily trade or is it possible to get more than one of those beasts each day?
Thanks! You're the best! :-*

burritosprings
07-16-15, 04:46 PM
NWK said 120 unless I am wrong

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 04:47 PM
I have 104 of Shield tokens....so wonder what's the limit?
I posted pix of the backs of the tokens on the first page lol... Cap on all tokens is 120.

Edit... Ok, it's on the SECOND page, lol

meme1098
07-16-15, 04:49 PM
NWK said 120 unless I am wrong

Thanks, burrito. Didnt think it was too much more than that.

GreyHills
07-16-15, 04:50 PM
I did the novice trade and did not get a gold coin! .... :-(

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 04:52 PM
I did the novice trade and did not get a gold coin! .... :-(
...and you won't, cuz the gold ones only drop from the Sovereign Hunter Trade, not the other trades.

macdonald
Adept Hunter Trade drops a Staff Token every time so far ( 4 tries got 4 Staff Tokens). Plus energy, gems and other items.

StaffTokens are the hardest to get.

hiopztj
DON'T do the lucky token exchange. I tried about 20 times and only won once a few (not double) tokens!

meme1098
07-16-15, 04:58 PM
SW~ Would you mind also asking if we are *only* allowed the one blue dire boar and one purple glimmer golem each day in order to complete the daily trade or is it possible to get more than one of those beasts each day?

I also asked if she could find out if the beasts continue to drop tokens & the trade camp remains available after the 12 day event since 99 trades in that time seems kinda impossible.

BTW...I haven't done a single sovereign trade yet since I need 8 more of the Sword tokens (1 in the middle) & can't spawn a fangbeast or dire boar for diddly squat. Try some more cows & chickens now ... they constantly spawn all the time for me there but not now of course.

katbtodd
07-16-15, 04:59 PM
Novice hunter trade21751

macdonald
07-16-15, 05:00 PM
DON'T do the lucky token exchange. I tried about 20 times and only won once a few (not double) tokens!

My results were similar. Garbage. I don't recommend using the Lucky exchange....

Beeville99
07-16-15, 05:00 PM
Don't bet on that... Pile of Gifts ring a bell? I think this is a challenge that S8 wants to see who is gonna Gut (gem) it out.

Then I shall sigh, pout, maybe stomp my feet a bit and move on. :(

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 05:01 PM

Your wish is my command! done!

I'm still reading everything and updating post 2, so keep refreshing your screens to see any new material in that post... cheers!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 05:03 PM
I also asked if she could find out if the beasts continue to drop tokens & the trade camp remains available after the 12 day event since 99 trades in that time seems kinda impossible.

BTW...I haven't done a single sovereign trade yet since I need 8 more of the Sword tokens (1 in the middle) & can't spawn a fangbeast or dire boar for diddly squat.
LOL!!!! I know ya did, or did you miss the fact that I was responding to and ADDING to your request, in my post. LOL

meme1098
07-16-15, 05:08 PM
LOL!!!! I know ya did, or did you miss the fact that I was responding to and ADDING to your request, in my post. LOL

Ah...gee...I'll re read it then. Been a long day & all.

Yea...now I see you quoted me...lol. Brain needs a reboot...lol

burritosprings
07-16-15, 05:14 PM
Lets leave SW alone till we get some answers

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 05:16 PM
okey dokey! done! I think poor Meowmeowbeans probably needs a good few cups of coffee by now for all the reports and questions I've sent though! haha

meme1098
07-16-15, 05:17 PM
Thanks for all your help, SW. ;)

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 05:17 PM
Lets leave SW alone till we get some answers

I can multi task like no one else! lol

ok, post 2 doesn't have pics yet, but it does have as much info as I can find. I've added the link to the Info Nugget too.

burritosprings
07-16-15, 05:18 PM
okey dokey! done! I think poor Meowmeowbeans probably needs a good few cups of coffee by now for all the reports and questions I've sent though! haha

You are awesome Spirit.. do you run on batteries or coffee.. let me know ill send you a gift card) you are amazing)

meme1098
07-16-15, 05:20 PM
I can multi task like no one else! lol

ok, post 2 doesn't have pics yet, but it does have as much info as I can find. I've added the link to the Info Nugget too.

SW...the only 25 energy crate I got was from the purple golem. The others gave 10 energy crates.

Is that how it went for others???

burritosprings
07-16-15, 05:21 PM
SW...the only 25 energy crate I got was from the purple golem. The others gave 10 energy crates.

meme we are still figuring it out.. don't expect SW to know

fantaloonastic
07-16-15, 05:23 PM
Funny how before I had to use my troll put to get relief from attacks and now I'm wasting energy trying to bait the beasties lol

meme1098
07-16-15, 05:23 PM
meme we are still figuring it out.. don't expect SW to know

I know that's why I mentioned it to see if others remember it that way & she can change her info in 2nd post.....lol

mreames
07-16-15, 05:26 PM
I got the same as you, I believe. 1-25 and 3-10's.

just checked my inventory - yes you all are right (of course!)... updated post 2... SW :)

GreyHills
07-16-15, 05:29 PM
Okay, that was "uninformed", thanks for correcting :-)

burritosprings
07-16-15, 05:30 PM
Funny how before I had to use my troll put to get relief from attacks and now I'm wasting energy trying to bait the beasties lol

Well Welcome to Castle Story Update Madness) its good and it tastes like an empanada.. Meaty with some salt action

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 05:30 PM

Yep, that's how it went for me, too.

...and SW ~ You're a moderating goddess, lol. *smooch*

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 05:33 PM
You are awesome Spirit.. do you run on batteries or coffee.. let me know ill send you a gift card) you are amazing)

Adrenelin! :) It's only 10.30am for me and I have the house to myself. Haven't had my first coffee yet and am dying for one. I put off brekkie for you all! I know.... get out the violins and tissues! :)

meme1098
07-16-15, 05:36 PM
Adrenelin! :) It's only 10.30am for me and I have the house to myself. Haven't had my first coffee yet and am dying for one. I put off brekkie for you all! I know.... get out the violins and tissues! :)

If I could, I'd make you some blueberry pancakes with butter, whipped cream & more blueberries on top. You're fantastic, SW.

and I would gratefully ACCEPT!!!!!! SW :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 05:46 PM
Girrrrrrrrl, go make yourself a pot of joe, lol! We waited a HOUR for the event to start, I think we can wait 5 minutes for post 2 to get more updated, lol

macdonald
07-16-15, 06:05 PM
This current goal is one way TL gets us to stop parking beasts. Since it's NOT timed nor should it be... I wonder how long it would take to collect all 100 gold coins for the kitchen reward?
10 gold coins = 500 gems if one goes that route.
5000 gems buys all 100. At current cost and u bought the appropriate packs it would cost 209.00 not including taxes and U.S. Rate change...

I'll gladly flip for 50 of those coins, lol...

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 06:11 PM
SW~ you asked for the names of the statues...
This is the first one we are rewarded, for completing "Trader Trolls"

ETA: In the Sneak Peek thread, I wondered if that was a griffin-porcupine on the loading screen, LOL...somehow didn't look like a skunkupine to me, lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 06:16 PM
This current goal is one way TL gets us to stop parking beasts. Since it's NOT timed nor should it be... I wonder how long it would take to collect all 100 gold coins for the kitchen reward?
10 gold coins = 500 gems if one goes that route.
5000 gems buys all 100. At current cost and u bought the appropriate packs it would cost 209.00 not including taxes and U.S. Rate change...

I'll gladly flip for 50 of those coins, lol...
Ya might wanna take another look in your goal book cuz this event IS timed...it only lasts 11 days.

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 06:25 PM
SW could you please check if there are any differences for iOS and Android players? I am on Android and haven't seen anything about a Daily Hunt. Thank you for all your help with this! :cool:

sure! It's likely if you don't see any of these trades by now that it will be like the Grape event and Android players don't get these... hope it's not though! SW :)

Me too, but I will ready for the disappointment lol! :D

nickiz09
07-16-15, 06:31 PM
Gha! That lucky trade has yet to give me more than I sent in -.-

mikado86
07-16-15, 06:42 PM
Are you telling me I have to make 99 sovewhatever trades before the event ends? thats 11 days, thats 75*99 = 7425 shield runes in 11 days, 675 per day, am I the only one having problems with this numbers?

a day has 24 hours, an hour has 60 minutes, a day has 1440 minutes, you regain 1 energy every 3 minutes, therefore 1440/3 is 480

As you might appreciate from my half assed math, you can get a maximum of 480 energy, if you would not miss a single minute of game in a day, not counting regains from wizard school, adventure, monsters etc, STILL, it seems highly unlikely I will get 675 shield runes per day.

So what I am missing? because this obviously cant be reality

nessa005
07-16-15, 06:45 PM
reported...

Nope....seniors moment....mixed up trade vs hunt! All sorted now

Yes I know... I'm glad it's all good now! :) SW

readysetgo888
07-16-15, 06:50 PM
Are you telling me I have to make 99 sovewhatever trades before the event ends? thats 11 days, thats 75*99 = 7425 shield runes in 11 days, 675 per day, am I the only one having problems with this numbers?

a day has 24 hours, an hour has 60 minutes, a day has 1440 minutes, you regain 1 energy every 3 minutes, therefore 1440/3 is 480

As you might appreciate from my half assed math, you can get a maximum of 480 energy, if you would not miss a single minute of game in a day, not counting regains from wizard school, adventure, monsters etc, STILL, it seems highly unlikely I will get 675 shield runes per day.

I agree, this doesn't make any sense to me. This seems like a long term goal - is it possible that only part of the quest is timed? Is this something we have to START within the 11 days like the Pink Alicorn was? And as long as it's started, we have indefinite time to complete it. That would make sense.

Seeing as the reward for this is basically the equivalent of the tinker camp for kitchens, I'm guessing that we are not required to earn it in 11 days. And based on the math here, it isn't even remotely possible to.

Clarification PLEASE? I would love to leave this goal until I'm out of other goals and bored. I don't have any need for another kitchen right now, but I'd probably be willing to earn one when I run out of other things to do. So, we all really just need to know - what exactly do we need to get done within the 11 days? I'm assuming we just need to trigger the trade exchange, but I want to be absolutely clear on this. Please help us mods!

midsom
07-16-15, 06:54 PM

The way I read it, which someone will surely point out is wrong, is that the individual challenges to get the extras are timed but the troll camp trades and the kitchen is a long term challenge, as it appears that players that haven't yet got Thurstons fort but are above level 22 are included, my numbers agree it is a very difficult challenge for 11 days and if too many of us fail this will be bad for the game economy 😳

mikado86
07-16-15, 06:55 PM
I agree, this doesn't make any sense to me. This seems like a long term goal - is it possible that only part of the quest is timed? Is this something we have to START within the 11 days like the Pink Alicorn was? And as long as it's started, we have indefinite time to complete it. That would make sense.

Seeing as the reward for this is basically the equivalent of the tinker camp for kitchens, I'm guessing that we are not required to earn it in 11 days. And based on the math here, it isn't even remotely possible to.

Clarification PLEASE? I would love to leave this goal until I'm out of other goals and bored. I don't have any need for another kitchen right now, but I'd probably be willing to earn one when I run out of other things to do. So, we all really just need to know - what exactly do we need to get done within the 11 days? I'm assuming we just need to trigger the trade exchange, but I want to be absolutely clear on this. Please help us mods!

If timed goals have teached me anything, is that as soon the timed goal is gone, is that you will no longer receive tokens, I for once will not be able to get the 99 trolls coins, hell, I hardly will get 2 per day, I doubt I will have more than 20 when the event is over, MAYBE if I could summon those glimmerdust golems with 90HP this would be feastible, but Its certainly impossible for me if I have to fool around with fields and get other monsters

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 06:58 PM
Maybe just the goals to get the 4 statues is the 11-day timed part but getting the Cooking Camp *isn't* timed?
I agree; we need some clarification on this.

butterfly_25
07-16-15, 06:58 PM
SW could you please check if there are any differences for iOS and Android players? I am on Android and haven't seen anything about a Daily Hunt. Thank you for all your help with this! :cool:

sure! It's likely if you don't see any of these trades by now that it will be like the Grape event and Android players don't get these... hope it's not though! SW :)

Me too, but I will ready for the disappointment lol! :D

I play on android and on iOS, and yes just like the grape event, the daily trades are only showing on my iOS and not on android.

butterfly_25
07-16-15, 06:59 PM
Maybe just the goals to get the 4 statues is the 11-day timed part but getting the Cooking Camp *isn't* timed?
I agree; we need some clarification on this.

That would be GREAT!! I hope this is accurate! :(

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 07:02 PM
The team has left for the day (no one is online), but all of these questions have been asked to the team. I'm sure we will have some clarification tomorrow about exactly what is timed etc....

I've added the posts from Mikado and readysetgo to my list of questions to TL.

BuddyB111
07-16-15, 07:09 PM
The team has left for the day (no one is online), but all of these questions have been asked to the team. I'm sure we will have some clarification tomorrow about exactly what is timed etc....

I've added the posts from Mikado and readysetgo to my list of questions to TL.

I play on android and on iOS, and yes just like the grape event, the daily trades are only showing on my iOS and not on android.

Thanks for this peeps! It's after 3.00am here, so I must get some sleep! ;)

macdonald
07-16-15, 07:21 PM
Ya might wanna take another look in your goal book cuz this event IS timed...it only lasts 11 days.

I've finished the goal and have all 4 statues, which was the only timed goal of 11 days.

Current event is NOT timed... As there is no goal/event in goals menu.
I'm sure SW will clarifying

meme1098
07-16-15, 07:22 PM
I've finished the goal and have all 4 statues, which was the only timed goal of 11 days.

So beasts are still dropping tokens then???

midsom
07-16-15, 07:24 PM

Thanks for this, I was reading it this way even though I only have two statues, in the App Store upgrade it mentioned the decorations for our kingdoms/queendoms but not the troll camp so I hoped that was the only thing that was timed

nikkimommy2014
07-16-15, 07:25 PM
Hey spiritwind I reported earlier (but it got swallowed up by other posts)

Just tried the lucky exchange. I got 20 staff tokens, 7 sword, and 9 shield tokens.

added! thanks nikki :) SW

butterfly_25
07-16-15, 07:29 PM
Thanks for this peeps! It's after 3.00am here, so I must get some sleep! ;)

My pleasure! :) Now hopefully you can get a more relaxed sleep, lol. Have a great night! :)

Xyn25
07-16-15, 08:05 PM
I haven't finished Thurston's goals yet, but I got these goals. However I've battled some glimmer trolls since the update, and I got no tokens at all. So, I'm wondering, how does this work for me? Does this mean that I don't get to complete most of these goals? Will the beasts drop tokens after I complete Thurston's fort (after the eleven days)? I'm confused :confused:
Also, I'm an Android player and I saw none of the "daily hunt" goals.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 08:08 PM

Oh!, my apologies. I wasn't aware of that from your initial post but is exactly what I speculated shortly after my earlier response to you. I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow when TL staff is back in the office and has a chance to respond to SpiritWind or to us, directly.
If the Cooking Camp isn't timed, then it's such a relief to have an unlimited amount of time to not only complete it, but also to fetch more goodies from the other trades. :)

...now I'm wondering if that trophy from the loading page is hiding somewhere in one of those trades, lol.

eastie41
07-16-15, 08:10 PM
Hi all,

This goal looks very cool. I am confused if the tokens stop dropping on 7/27, as it says. If so, it seems that it will very difficult to get 99 gold tokens to build the cooking camp.

Thanks to all the great players and mods who are posting tips.

SpiritWind00
07-16-15, 08:13 PM
I haven't finished Thurston's goals yet, but I got these goals. However I've battled some glimmer trolls since the update, and I got no tokens at all. So, I'm wondering, how does this work for me? Does this mean that I don't get to complete most of these goals? Will the beasts drop tokens after I complete Thurston's fort (after the eleven days)? I'm confused :confused:
Also, I'm an Android player and I saw none of the "daily hunt" goals.

Glimmer trolls are not a beast that is part of this event.
You need to be Level 22 or more and then you will be eligible to participate.
As an android player you don't get the daily goals, but I'm checking on this.

hope this helps! :)

EDIT: removed "AND have Thurston's Fort" as that has now been shown to be incorrect. SW

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 08:37 PM
Glimmer trolls are not a beast that is part of this event.
You need to be Level 22 or more AND have Thurston's Fort and then you will be eligible to participate.
As an android player you don't get the daily goals, but I'm checking on this.

hope this helps! :)
Hey SW, the part above in bold doesn't seem to be the case, so ya may wanna get further clarification from TL.....
I'm babysitting a friend's kingdom who is away and didn't expect him to get this event (he's level 27 but DOESN'T have Thurston's Fort yet). Imagine my surprise when the event popped up for him and is now proceeding as it did for me, complete with the daily goals (iOS).

plaidkat
07-16-15, 08:44 PM
Hey SW, the part above in bold doesn't seem to be the case, so ya may wanna get further clarification from TL.....
I'm babysitting a friend's kingdom who is away and didn't expect him to get this event (he's level 27 but DOESN'T have Thurston's Fort yet). Imagine my surprise when the event popped up for him and is now proceeding as it did for me, complete with the daily goals (iOS).

Me too! Level 29, no fort but I did receive the goal😀 and daily hunts.
I am wondering though if after the timed portion if the tokens will drop to be able to get the gold ones?