PDA

View Full Version : Getting mine bombs for breeding animals

shooshemc
07-16-15, 12:50 PM
I would like someone to explain to me the formula for getting mine bombs. I breed a fairy ferret, 3 hours time, and sometimes I get 1 bomb, sometimes 2 and usually NONE. I breed an animal with an 8 hour breed time and I sometimes will get none, 1, 2 or 3 bombs. I have just bred an animal that had an 18 hour breed time and I get 2 bombs? At the rate I am going, it will take 2 months to get enough bombs to expand my land. This is beyond ridiculous! I have been at level 40 for at least 8 months and the game keeps making more and more animals, which require more and more habitats, which I am unable to buy, because I can't expand my land. I will also like to know why I can't buy the habitats when you have a special buy price and then store them, until the land expansion can take place. I know you want people to spend money, but what's the point, when this game seems to be going in circles?

ninasidstorm8
07-16-15, 02:15 PM
I would like someone to explain to me the formula for getting mine bombs. I breed a fairy ferret, 3 hours time, and sometimes I get 1 bomb, sometimes 2 and usually NONE. I breed an animal with an 8 hour breed time and I sometimes will get none, 1, 2 or 3 bombs. I have just bred an animal that had an 18 hour breed time and I get 2 bombs? At the rate I am going, it will take 2 months to get enough bombs to expand my land. This is beyond ridiculous! I have been at level 40 for at least 8 months and the game keeps making more and more animals, which require more and more habitats, which I am unable to buy, because I can't expand my land. I will also like to know why I can't buy the habitats when you have a special buy price and then store them, until the land expansion can take place. I know you want people to spend money, but what's the point, when this game seems to be going in circles?

You must have been mistaken on getting two bombs from a Fairy Ferret. You only get 0 or 1 from a 3 hour breed time. Following is the calculation for getting bombs:

1) Divide the time in the breeding den by 6. The whole number result is the minimum number of bombs you will receive. i.e. 15/6= 2

2) If you have a remainder from step 1, it is used to determine whether or not you get an extra bomb. The exact formula is not known but it averages out close to getting 1 extra bomb for 6 hours of remaining time. You will only get a maximum of 1 extra bomb. i.e. for a 15 hour breed time (15/6 = 2 with a remainder of 3), you would expect to get 2 bombs about 50% of the time and 3 bombs the other 50% of the time.

Over time you should average close to 1 bomb for every 6 hours of breeding time. However there is some randomness to getting the extra bomb.

I am at the point where it takes me 70 Runes to get a new plot of land and it takes me 10-14 days to get enough to expand 1 plot. However, I rarely breed more than 1 new animal in a week. I just end up with a lot of the animals from tournaments an World Events in storage.

ogreve
07-16-15, 03:10 PM
The exact formula is not known but it averages out close to getting 1 extra bomb for 6 hours of remaining time. You will only get a maximum of 1 extra bomb.

I think the formula for the remainder is actually quite simple.
Firstly, it is certain that no "carry over" mechanism is used from previous breeding times, so any and all extra bombs are purely determined by 'a roll of the dice' per individual breeding, without relation to the previous breeding.

It appears that after each breeding, the remainder simply determines your chance as follows:
-Remainder of 1 = 1/6th (= 16.7%) chance at an extra bomb.
-Remainder of 2 = 2/6th (= 33.3%) chance at an extra bomb.
-etc.

This seems to be pretty much evidenced by what I'm observing too from the breeding results. In this respect the Koala Cadabra and Chromadile fails are very illustrative. The former one has a breeding time of 17 hours and almost always results in 3 bombs (due to the remainder of 5 giving a 5/6th or 83.3% chance at an extra bomb), the latter tends to have the same kind of outcome as it almost always gives me 2 bombs (again due to the remainder of 5). Then, if I e.g. compare that to the outcome of the Chameneon which has a breeding time of 14 hours, and hence a remainder of 2, I see that the Chameneon far less often results in 3 bombs than in 2.
I did not keep track of enough breedings to back it up with statistics (though it would not surprise me if someone over here has kept track of that), but it seems to be very consistent with what I observe. And yes, that then by definition means that in the long run it should all average out to +/- 1 extra bomb per 6 hours.

Cheers,
Olafo

ninasidstorm8
07-16-15, 03:51 PM
I think the formula for the remainder is actually quite simple.
Firstly, it is certain that no "carry over" mechanism is used from previous breeding times, so any and all extra bombs are purely determined by 'a roll of the dice' per individual breeding, without relation to the previous breeding.

It appears that after each breeding, the remainder simply determines your chance as follows:
-Remainder of 1 = 1/6th (= 16.7%) chance at an extra bomb.
-Remainder of 2 = 2/6th (= 33.3%) chance at an extra bomb.
-etc.

This seems to be pretty much evidenced by what I'm observing too from the breeding results. In this respect the Koala Cadabra and Chromadile fails are very illustrative. The former one has a breeding time of 17 hours and almost always results in 3 bombs (due to the remainder of 5 giving a 5/6th or 83.3% chance at an extra bomb), the latter tends to have the same kind of outcome as it almost always gives me 2 bombs (again due to the remainder of 5). Then, if I e.g. compare that to the outcome of the Chameneon which has a breeding time of 14 hours, and hence a remainder of 2, I see that the Chameneon far less often results in 3 bombs than in 2.
I did not keep track of enough breedings to back it up with statistics (though it would not surprise me if someone over here has kept track of that), but it seems to be very consistent with what I observe. And yes, that then by definition means that in the long run it should all average out to +/- 1 extra bomb per 6 hours.

Cheers,
Olafo

It could very well be that simple but I don't think so. After many tries, I got this information from TL/S8 back in February. If it was that simple, I think they would have said so.

At a minimum I believe there is a factor that is included in the calculation for the extra bomb that TL/S8 can vary when it wants to. My experience has been that I receive slightly more bombs than a simple 1/6 of a chance for each remainder would give. I think during the early stages of the game, TL/S8 adjusted this factor to see what would work best but it appears to have been relatively stable for a few months.

I have been tracking bombs since February but even that is not a statistically large sample. The variations, I have seen in the drop rate for the extra bomb could be caused by simple chance but if I were TL/S8, I would have coded a little more flexibility than the simple calculation you suggest. However, the simple 1/6 calculation is a very good approximation even if it is not exactly how TL/S8 calculates it.