PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 07/16 Update is delayed

sourp4tch
07-16-15, 12:02 PM
Update is here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83253-Castle-Story-07-16-Update-Monster-Hunt

sourp4tch
07-16-15, 12:03 PM
Update's going to be a little delayed today, sorry! ><

kittensabc
07-16-15, 12:07 PM
:( Looking forward to it.

55lee55
07-16-15, 12:07 PM
By delayed, are we talking minutes, hours, days?

mreames
07-16-15, 12:08 PM
Update's going to be a little delayed today, sorry! ><

How little? Lol ;)

katbtodd
How long do we have to wait .could you give us a time

NorthWoodsKingdom
By delayed, are we talking minutes, hours, days?
LOL! Yeah... What's "a little"?

...chomping at the bit with sharpened Thuakie Sword at the ready, lol

sourp4tch
short delay :) it should be out later today, but I don't know exactly when

katbtodd
How little? Lol ;)

Great minds
Or CS addiction

55lee55
07-16-15, 12:09 PM
Great minds
Or CS addiction

Probably a little bit of both. For me, at least.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:10 PM
Person who pushes the "go" button leave for lunch??? LOL :wink:

katbtodd
07-16-15, 12:10 PM

short delay could mean 5 mins or an hour

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:14 PM
Or 5 hours by some standards

Castloninian
07-16-15, 12:14 PM
Oh bother... later today for S8 is probably when I am asleep. So disappointing when my energy etc is all waiting to be used now.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:16 PM
Oh bother... later today for S8 is probably when I am asleep. So disappointing when my energy etc is all waiting to be used now.
Lol, no kidding, I'm tapping a random pond or well or shroom to keep my energy from sitting idle, lol

fesxdgdgsgfb
07-16-15, 12:16 PM
Is it just me, or does your game collapse/shut down immediately after opening? I'm on IOS. Went there before coming here and can't get on game but not sure if it's my problem or wider spread.

55lee55
07-16-15, 12:17 PM
Lol, no kidding, I'm tapping a random pond or well or shroom to keep my energy from sitting idle, lol

I am doing that too. This event is off to a roaring start...not.

mreames
07-16-15, 12:18 PM
Is it just me, or does your game collapse/shut down immediately after opening? I'm on IOS. Went there before coming here and can't get on game but not sure if it's my problem or wider spread.

Might try rebooting your device. I think most people were able to get in judging by the comments.

gdmcrjunkie
07-16-15, 12:20 PM

Nothing's wrong with mine. Maybe you should reinstall? Restart your phone? I hope you figure it out before we get the update!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:21 PM
20 mins, I'm full of water now, somebody push goooooooooooo! Lol

therealfork
07-16-15, 12:24 PM

collected a few fruits I wasn't full on, sap tree, living tree... I'll just come say hi! :)

mreames
07-16-15, 12:25 PM

I started to say the restroom is down the hallway but then I remembered you were tapping on ponds. Lol ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:26 PM
I started to say the restroom is down the hallway but then I remembered you were tapping on ponds. Lol ;)
LOL!... No, I took care of that at ten til, LMAO!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:27 PM
collected a few fruits I wasn't full on, sap tree, living tree... I'll just come say hi! :)
I'm not tapping on those trees yet cuz they might spawn a MONSTER and it's too soon lol

Chaotarch
07-16-15, 12:29 PM
we get a dialog for start the hunting?
or how should we know the start...?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:30 PM
Read back, it's been delayed so we're all staring at the screen. LOL!!!

katbtodd
07-16-15, 12:32 PM
32 minutes and counting

katbtodd
07-16-15, 12:33 PM
May be the person that pushes the GO button broke their finger , and they got to find a replacement

NorthWoodsKingdom
32 minutes and counting
O.M.Gggggggggg.. I'm quickly turning into a 5 year old, lol.
Hurry uppppppppppp! LOL

Rickmz
While we "patiently" wait.....Is anybody using iOS 9 beta on the device they play CS? Since I installed I get random freezes during game play. They last from 3-8 seconds and seem COMPLETELY random. I've restarted the device with no change.. Thanks......

Back to the prior waiting...... LOL

sourp4tch
07-16-15, 12:34 PM

I'll reply here when they tell me it's been pushed - some of your fellow rulers might beat me to posting, though :P

mreames
07-16-15, 12:34 PM
Hurry uppppppppppp! LOL

LMAO... Are we there yet? Are we there yet?? ;)

katbtodd
07-16-15, 12:36 PM
Hurry uppppppppppp! LOL

I hear you ... Loud and very clear

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:36 PM
While we "patiently" wait.....Is anybody using iOS 9 beta on the device they play CS? Since I installed I get random freezes during game play. They last from 3-8 seconds and seem COMPLETELY random. I've restarted the device with no change.. Thanks......

There's an IOS 9 in the works for release soon? What's gonna be new & different in that version? Oh...and how are you the lucky one testing it? Apple employee? Or just plain lucky....lol

vontalken
07-16-15, 12:37 PM
I am really torn between wanting the update and wanting the update without errors :P

therealfork
I'm not tapping on those trees yet cuz they might spawn a MONSTER and it's too soon lol

and visited... lol. yeah, I thought about that but then figured I'd have plenty of other things to start w/ to spawn a monster.

mreames
There's an IOS 9 in the works for release soon? What's gonna be new & different in that version? Oh...and how are you the lucky one testing it? Apple employee? Or just plain lucky....lol

I haven't installed it but I had seen where they were going to let some or all of the public have access, that wanted to test it.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:39 PM

Yeah, I think we all randomly get those lil freezes and jump screens, from time to time, beta tester or not lol... Game is overloaded by the baron tent, for one thing, lol

Right now tho, it's overloaded by my 5-yr-old attention span & patience, LOL

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:40 PM
I haven't installed it but I had seen where they were going to let some or all of the public have access, that wanted to test it.

Ah, so Apple doesn't even do their own testing anymore. When that version comes out, I'll be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the kinks to be worked out before I do an update.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:42 PM
I'll reply here when they tell me it's been pushed - some of your fellow rulers might beat me to posting, though :P
Why can't YOU push it?...not cleared for that labor-intensive action yet? LOL!! :wink:

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I think we all randomly get those lil freezes and jump screens, from time to time, beta tester or not lol... Game is overloaded by the baron tent, for one thing, lol

Right now tho, it's overloaded by my 5-yr-old attention span & patience, LOL

I hate the loading screen popping up randomly when I've been tapping & collecting for like 10 minutes or so. I just got through visiting someone &/or sending a gift so I should already be synced with the server...at least you'd think so anyway....lol

Rickmz
07-16-15, 12:43 PM

Yes, the official one should be out in the next 2-3 months. Nothing earth-shattering new, a lot of tweaks (some for specific devises, like TRUE multi-tasking (ala Samsung) on the iPad Air 2) and a few things to keep people interested.
This is a public beta that anybody can sign up for (got to the apple site). I have NOT run into any issues other than the one mentioned above.
BTW, my son DOES work for them ;)

mreames
07-16-15, 12:44 PM
Ah, so Apple doesn't even do their own testing anymore. When that version comes out, I'll be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the kinks to be worked out before I do an update.

Even more so than that, I'll wait for the games to be sure they're compatible. But yes, they still have an internal beta testing. Lol I think it's just an attempt to make it wider so that hopefully they'll catch more before it's released. :)

Blathnat
07-16-15, 12:47 PM
There was a Castle Story update on 7/15. I upgraded this morning and haven't had any issues. You might check to make sure you have the latest update installed.

I am doing that too. This event is off to a roaring start...not.

Rickmz
I think it's just an attempt to make it wider so that hopefully they'll catch more before it's released. :)

Yep, it satisfies "geek curiosity" and gives them a (free) wider testing environment.

meme1098
Yes, the official one should be out in the next 2-3 months. Nothing earth-shattering new, a lot of tweaks (some for specific devises, like TRUE multi-tasking (ala Samsung) on the iPad Air 2) and a few things to keep people interested.
This is a public beta that anybody can sign up for (got to the apple site). I have NOT run into any issues other than the one mentioned above.
BTW, my son DOES work for them ;)

Nice! I think my next laptop is gonna be a Mac... Not looking yet tho.

Ah, come on, Sourp4tch. Just give it a little push...:D

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:48 PM
Ok, so now I've pulled Iceland poppies back out to collect, to get my stock back up after crafting living wood for days for enchanted sap....
How. Much. Longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr??? Lol

lollymc12
07-16-15, 12:48 PM
Sat here repeatedly opening and closing the app like a complete loon :rolleyes:

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:50 PM

I think I've force closed at least 4 times in the last 10 minutes....:rolleyes:

Yea know...TL coulda straightened the castle when they updated the splash screen. It's still leaning towards the right.

mreames
07-16-15, 12:51 PM
There was a Castle Story update on 7/15. I upgraded this morning and haven't had any issues. You might check to make sure you have the latest update installed.

I'm betting you got the wrong quote. ;)

burritosprings
07-16-15, 12:52 PM
Some stole all the ENTER keys and wrote a virus that disabled all the mouse clickers.. prolly those Farmville peeps who are tired of S8 stealing all their players

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:53 PM
Is Cali experiencing an earthquake right now or what? Lol

burritosprings
07-16-15, 12:55 PM
Is Cali experiencing an earthquake right now or what? Lol

Not sure. Am thinking that maybe someone put the Love Shack in Market for 1 coin and they caught it before release and are now setting up the gallows to dispatch that poor soul. Release will be after that rope gets tight from gravity

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:56 PM
Not sure. Am thinking that maybe someone put the Love Shack in Market for 1 coin and they caught it before release and are now setting up the gallows to dispatch that poor soul.

Hahaha...that's good! Made me spit out my drink...lol

mreames
Anticipa-a-a-tion.... It's making me wait... (Ketchup commercial for those who don't know) lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
Not sure. Am thinking that maybe someone put the Love Shack in Market for 1 coin and they caught it before release and are now setting up the gallows to dispatch that poor soul. Release will be after that rope gets tight from gravity
Bawahahha! ... Prolly. Lol

katbtodd

I must be loony too

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-16-15, 12:57 PM
Anticipa-a-a-tion.... It's making me wait... (Ketchup commercial for those who don't know) lol
Lol, told y'all it's TL's slogan somewhere else on here, few days ago, lol

PikaSquirrel
07-16-15, 12:58 PM
We created a new thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83253-Castle-Story-07-16-Update-Monster-Hunt) for the update (it's closed right now as the update is still not live) and will close this one once it's live.

sourp4tch
Update is getting pushed now! Should only be a few more minutes :) Sorry again about the delay!!!

lollymc12
If only...to the first part. Oh the woes of being a late player

mreames
Game is on!

NorthWoodsKingdom
Houston, we have ignition and LIFT OFF!! :)

meme1098
07-16-15, 12:59 PM
Ok...to the troll pit.

Oops...placed the trade wagon...

burritosprings
07-16-15, 01:00 PM

Need to put the words to that Rod Stewart - song Infatuation...

Early in the morning I can't sleep
I can't tap and I can't eat
I've been watching website all day, can't concentrate
Maybe I'm making a big mistake

Oh no not again
This delay hurts so bad
I don't understand
Anticipation
Anticipation
Anticipation
Anticipation

sourp4tch
07-16-15, 01:01 PM
Update info has been moved to a new thread :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83253-Castle-Story-07-16-Update-Monster-Hunt