PDA

View Full Version : Wedding cruise catering event

Pages : [1] 2

lnztrekfan
07-15-15, 04:58 PM
I just received a notification saying that there was going to be a wedding cruise catering event coming up. I would like to start stacking some dishes. What do the cruise events typically ask for? Thank you for your time.

Final reward:

Once finished with the cruise ship, Alejandro, the groom will start showing up like Nefertiti and dropping cake toppers. Once you collect enough of the toppers you can bake the wedding cake which gives you gems, just like the pyramid cake. Another opportunity to get gems.

For helpful information see the
Event Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21967&d=1437477819 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21967&d=1437477819)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/1F29B9E6-F082-4C39-A9E4-2FF2545E480E_zpszldzzsoe.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/1F29B9E6-F082-4C39-A9E4-2FF2545E480E_zpszldzzsoe.jpg.html)

fatbearsecondary
07-15-15, 05:02 PM
Daily Gem Requirements, Wedding Cruise

Day 1: 75 gems required

1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required
Day 3: 200 gems required
Day 4: 250 gems required
Day 5: 250 gems required
Day 6: 300 gems required
Day 7: 300 gems required

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems required

1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coin = 17/18 gems
3 coin = 38/39/40 gems
4 coin = 68/69 gems

Day 9: 500 gems required

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 10: 600 gems required

1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
4 coins = 65~67 gems

Since it looks like I'm early in the thread, I'll be updating this post with the daily gem requirements. Thanks to everyone who figures this out, specifically, credit to beckycarter. Thanks Becky!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Original Post:

From the last cruise event: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82346-4-coin-dishes
Obviously can't guarentee it'll be the same.

Also, clear the following off your counters, since the cruises so far have never asked for them:
Seasonal dishes (potato pesto pie, deviled eggs)
Specialty oven dishes: Valentine's day oven, pizza oven, probably the new BBQ grill

lnztrekfan
07-15-15, 05:06 PM
Thank you�� fatbearsecondary! I need to start cooking!

fatbearsecondary
07-15-15, 05:14 PM
The good news is that the first few days are usually relatively low stress. Use that time to build up your stores and let dishes that aren't helpful fall off your counters. Also, we usually get a few days of leeway on the start date (the event will start but not force you to start for up to a week), so try to time the last 3 days such that they'll fall when you have a lot of play time.

Good luck to you!

lnztrekfan
07-15-15, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much for your advice! Since the last event I have been working on upgrading all of my stores! I will keep working on that as well until the event starts. That post you provided is really great info!! :)

cnlsmommy
07-15-15, 06:23 PM
I'm so excited for this!l

cquinn32
07-15-15, 09:21 PM
Yes once again as much as I do like these cruise events. I really really wish something else would happen in this game!!

orleansparish
07-15-15, 10:28 PM
I was wondering when the next event would come, this is going to be awesome! I'm going to start removing chairs now and make those dishes that they usually ask for.

goldsilvercoin
07-15-15, 10:56 PM
I just received a notification saying that there was going to be a wedding cruise catering event coming up. I would like to start stacking some dishes. What do the cruise events typically ask for? Thank you for your time.

Where'd you see the notification? I wanna keep my eyes peeled for all these events. The prizes are so much fun!

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 01:37 AM
Oooh, I wonder if this is coming out Friday...? When are new releases here, like 3pm L.A. time? Or is it more like 1pm? I can't remember.

Either way, that is 36 or so hours from now. Hope it starts Friday! Will look for an update in case we need it to access the cruise. Yay!! :-)

kgp70282
07-16-15, 04:25 AM
I saw something but now nothing is happening!!

cocoquillette
07-16-15, 05:09 AM
Last cruise, I didn't see any mastering recipe, but I have on an elder cruise...
Focus on stockpiling 4 coin recipes and 3 coin recipes on the chateau oven and stove, as you only have one of each.

cquinn32
07-16-15, 05:29 AM
I've yet to see anything about a cruise event.

fatbearsecondary
07-16-15, 06:50 AM
I've yet to see anything about a cruise event.

Same. Could someone who's seen one maybe screen shot it for us? I don't expect we'll see the actual cruise until Friday afternoon, since that's the usual update time, but would be nice to see if we can nab any other information from it!

gerrywerry
07-16-15, 07:25 AM
I only came back to this game just before the end of the last cruise after not playing for a while. What are the recipes that are most frequently asked for? Thanks

barbaraann72
07-16-15, 09:06 AM
I received it as a Push Notification on Android. Hope the event is somewhat friendly to us Android Newbies!

txangel1109
07-16-15, 09:36 AM
I got it from iPhone push notifications.

lnztrekfan
07-16-15, 09:56 AM
I received it as a push notification on my iPhone right before I posted first post. It just said coming soon it didn't tell me a date that I know of. I jumped on it so quickly that it could have and I didn't see it. I went right to the game but saw nothing, I then tried to pull it back up in my notifications right after but it wasn't there.

Restaurant is La Bella's
Id is lnztrekfan

fatbearsecondary
07-16-15, 09:58 AM
Glad to hear both iphone and android are getting the notification for it. I have those turned off, so that's probably why I didn't see one. I'd expect the cruise to start tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, since that's usually when we get updates to RS2, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nice to get some notification so I can try to clear the 1000's of deviled eggs off my counters!

jojowzs
07-16-15, 02:33 PM
For me its already there. Starting tomorrow...

lorettasapron
07-16-15, 02:40 PM
It's now live. The main reward seems to be along the lines of Nefertiti and her Chocolate Pyramid Cake. This time the character we'll all be cursing for not bringing enough special ingredients is Alejandro the Groom.

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 02:47 PM
Never received notice of the new event. Was working on the mini event when it popped up and started. No info on the wedding as others have posted. No info on final reward. Very strange. Also there's no cruise ship where there usually is one. Just a notice that something is coming

kooky panda
07-16-15, 02:55 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/1F29B9E6-F082-4C39-A9E4-2FF2545E480E_zpszldzzsoe.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/1F29B9E6-F082-4C39-A9E4-2FF2545E480E_zpszldzzsoe.jpg.html)

Rainstorms45
07-16-15, 02:56 PM
Omg.. android here, just got game recently and they ask so much ... no way i can complete this :(

fatbearsecondary
07-16-15, 03:12 PM
Omg.. android here, just got game recently and they ask so much ... no way i can complete this :(

Yeah, if you just started, it's unlikely you'll complete it. Best to accept that early, just have fun and see how far you can get with no pressure. Use it as a learning experience. And good luck! You might get there :)

oo56
07-16-15, 03:20 PM
I just got the Wedding Catering Event on my Ipad right now! Oh no!:eek: I probably won't finish this one (like all of the other Catering Events), although getting a recipe that rewards gem sounds nice!:p Wish me luck!;)

oo56
07-16-15, 03:28 PM
Goal Stuff:

Buy the Celebration Stove for 250 coins & includes 2 recipes
1. Celebration Cupcakes - Learn in 30 minutes (Cost to learn, I just forgot!:eek:) - Requires 3 Eggs/2 Sugar/2 Cream
2. Wedding Cake - Final Reward! Recipe that rewards gems! - Requires 8 Wedding People/3 Sugar/2 Cream/2 Flour

Part 1:

Rewards 2 Baby's Breath (plants) decorations - Worth 25 gems each

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 03:35 PM
Goal Stuff:

Buy the Celebration Stove for 250 coins & includes 2 recipes
1. Celebration Cupcakes - Learn in 30 minutes (Cost to learn, I just forgot!:eek:) - Requires 3 Eggs/2 Sugar/2 Cream
2. Wedding Cake - Final Reward! Recipe that rewards gems! - Requires 8 Wedding People/3 Sugar/2 Cream/2 Flour

Part 1:

Rewards 2 Baby's Breath (plants) decorations - Worth 25 gems each

Thanks for sharing! Reading the requirements for wedding cake struck me as rather funny.

EIGHT wedding people?!?!? "What kind of wedding IS this???" LOL. ;-)

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 03:36 PM
Finally got the event info and the wedding cruise ship shows now. Unfortunately almost all the orders are for lemons and juice. I can't open the fruit stand yet due to a lack of supplies to build. How am I suppose to fulfill orders I don't have supplies for and have to repeatedly refresh?

txangel1109
07-16-15, 03:37 PM
Mine says start. I'm not sure I want to start tonight. I like ending them on the weekends due to work. I think it says 13 days. Does anyone know when it will automatically start?

Why would they start 2 events at same time? Is the pizza one not timed ??

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 03:38 PM
Thanks for sharing! Reading the requirements for wedding cake struck me as rather funny.

EIGHT wedding people?!?!? "What kind of wedding IS this???" LOL. ;-)

Willy Wonka: Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 03:58 PM
Willy Wonka: Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

...and then there's that. Hahahaha! :-)

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 04:03 PM
Mine says start. I'm not sure I want to start tonight. I like ending them on the weekends due to work. I think it says 13 days. Does anyone know when it will automatically start?

Why would they start 2 events at same time? Is the pizza one not timed ??

The catering event is 10 days, though we will have several days before it starts automatically.

Kooky, can you confirm when it will start automatically?

That said if it is Friday where you are, if you start today your last day will fall on next Sunday. Similarly if it is Thursday today, which it is here, then the last day will fall in Saturday.

jandtandn
07-16-15, 04:05 PM
The catering event is 10 days

I have one thing that says 13 days and another that says 10 days.

Blazin_Betty
07-16-15, 04:15 PM
I see the cruise ship, and I've started making dishes they've asked for, but there is nothing in the space behind the shoppe- usually there is a stage and four catering dishes and the two catering helpers. There is nothing there.
Edit: ha! Never mind. I cleared the app on my phone and went back in and it's there now.

orleansparish
07-16-15, 04:36 PM
I havent been playing much, collecting ingredients, so this will be a slow first day. Still waiting for my ipad to charge but at least ill have the long weekend to get through it a little. The groom looks adorable.

txangel1109
07-16-15, 04:56 PM
The catering event is 10 days, though we will have several days before it starts automatically.

Kooky, can you confirm when it will start automatically?

That said if it is Friday where you are, if you start today your last day will fall on next Sunday. Similarly if it is Thursday today, which it is here, then the last day will fall in Saturday.

Thank you so much. So if I start this tomorrow, then it will end on Sunday at 2:00 am?

xheatherxx3
07-16-15, 04:58 PM
I'm going to really enjoy this event! I've managed to complete every one thrown at me in the past few months ;) my only question is do you think the recipes we learn like the appatizer plate etc. will be able to be kept after the event? It would be pretty stressful to try and master those and complete the catering event lol!

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 05:06 PM
I have one thing that says 13 days and another that says 10 days.

The cruise does not start automatically, but once started there are 10 days to complete it. Presumably, in 3 days it will start automatically for those who didn't start it already.

Once the cruise has started (whether you click start, or in 3 days time it start automatically) You have 10 days to finish the cruise.
Each day at midnight (PDT) the "next" day unlocks and can be accessed upon completion of the previous day's orders.

So, 5 days after cruise is started, you can access days 1 through 5 and once all are completed you have to wait until midnight for the next day to unlock. If on day 5 you skip ahead using gems and complete days 6 & 7, you will either have to keep using gems to skip ahead or wait two days for day 8 to become available.

Based on all previous cruises, each day is progressively harder, therefore it is wise to try to save up 4-coin dishes on your counters. You can reduce your number of chairs to slow sales rates to regular customers, though I would not recommend blocking your door or customers' access to seating as this has been connected to glitches of food disappearing completely!!! It is also wise, ESPECIALLY for low-level players and ESPECIALLY on the last few days, to queue-up 4-coin dishes in the event page BEFORE delivering the last item needed to complete the 'current' day's order requirement.

Please note, it IS possible to do these events at all levels, but low levels have the added challenge of being asked to cook dishes they cannot learn without spending gems to buy equipment, or do not have the coins or pantry space or shop stocks to easily cook items or fill ingredient orders. Upgrading one's pantry, stocking up on peppers and onions and beef, upgrading the shops, unlock the street market are all helpful.

Good luck everyone! :-)

ellyse99
07-16-15, 05:12 PM
I've challenged myself to not refresh any dishes nor buy any catering ingredients (the ones that ask for 10 of something) for this catering event! Anyone with me?

mamareader02
07-16-15, 05:12 PM
I'm going to really enjoy this event! I've managed to complete every one thrown at me in the past few months ;) my only question is do you think the recipes we learn like the appatizer plate etc. will be able to be kept after the event? It would be pretty stressful to try and master those and complete the catering event lol!

That's what I want to know too-i hope not,takes the fun(the reason we play) out of getting new recipes ,stop timing all new recipes,TL

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 05:13 PM
Thank you so much. So if I start this tomorrow, then it will end on Sunday at 2:00 am?

If you start Friday, after midnight Pacific time, It will end Sunday at midnight (Pacific Time) not sure where you are, so maybe that is 2am (technically Monday morning, central time, I think)

If you are at all unsure use a time converter before you start, and to give yourself the most time, do not start *before* midnight, Pacific time, start AFTER midnight, Pacific time. In the last 2 days, especially, pay attention to the in-game clock, as it will tell you exactly how long you have left to complete the event. Good luck & have fun!

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 05:16 PM
I've challenged myself to not refresh any dishes nor buy any catering ingredients (the ones that ask for 10 of something) for this catering event! Anyone with me?

Definitely, at least for the refreshing! I made it until Day 9 or 10 before refreshing last time, but hope to go all the way with this one!
Already got orders for milk twice, and so far only asked for two-coin dishes. How's yours coming?

gabstarx
07-16-15, 05:22 PM
This event says I have to react level 1000 to do the event telling me to level up are they serious?
Yep it's serious I checked again after writing this post cause thought I was going mad I need to be on level 1000 to participate says is anyone on level 1000?

jandtandn
07-16-15, 05:32 PM
The cruise does not start automatically, but once started there are 10 days to complete it.

I started it already and it still says 13 days and 10 days. Where you click the tasks says 13 days to click Alejandro and the orders page says 10 days.

C2hWF
07-16-15, 05:37 PM

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

ellyse99
07-16-15, 05:39 PM
Definitely, at least for the refreshing! I made it until Day 9 or 10 before refreshing last time, but hope to go all the way with this one!
Already got orders for milk twice, and so far only asked for two-coin dishes. How's yours coming?

Slot 1: ginger chicken
Slot 2: 10 chicken (done), chicken broccoli casserole (done right away from the pile I have waiting to fall off), 10 potato (need 4 more)
Slot 3: surf and turf

Ginger chicken and Surf n Turf are going to take awhile, since both use chateau stove (have only one) and I put on split pea soup right before I started the event...

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 05:44 PM
I started it already and it still says 13 days and 10 days. Where you click the tasks says 13 days to click Alejandro and the orders page says 10 days.

The goal that say 13 days will disappear in 13 days.
The cruise (orders page) that says 10 days will disappear in 10 days.

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 05:45 PM
This thread started by fatbear is AWESOME!!! Thanks fatbear!

For anyone who is looking for strategies on completing the cruise event, check it out!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide

jandtandn
07-16-15, 05:52 PM
The goal that say 13 days will disappear in 13 days.
The cruise (orders page) that says 10 days will disappear in 10 days.

Yes, I know how it works. I was just wondering why I have 3 extra days to simply tap Alejandro.

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 06:11 PM
...and then there's that. Hahahaha! :-)

Lol, love willy wonka :-) 

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 06:13 PM

Wish I could do this but right out if the gate all the requests included apples and juice and I don't have the fruit stand yet due to a lack of building supplies

chuckyt888
07-16-15, 06:13 PM
Is there some sort of penalty or cost for refreshing a dish?

nmishii
07-16-15, 06:14 PM

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Thanks. Was looking for what 3 coins gave.

I got 3 gems for 1 coin and 11 or 12 for 2 coins. So

1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 06:17 PM
Is there some sort of penalty or cost for refreshing a dish?

Just the 30 minutes it takes. Refresh away!!!

The only advice I would give is to not refresh *just* to get a higher value dish. If a 1-coin dish is asked for that can be cooked quickly and with ingredients that refresh quickly OR that you have in abundance, just do the dish and save yourself 25 minutes. ;-)

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 06:19 PM
Yes, I know how it works. I was just wondering why I have 3 extra days to simply tap Alejandro.

They made it so the goal would not expire before the catering event expires, so it doesn't matter that *you* already pressed "Start" - it is 13 days for everyone, so that no matter when they start the cruise (or if it starts automatically) the goal will still be there! ;-)

chuckyt888
07-16-15, 06:20 PM
Just the 30 minutes it takes. Refresh away!!!

The only advice I would give is to not refresh *just* to get a higher value dish. If a 1-coin dish is asked for that can be cooked quickly and with ingredients that refresh quickly OR that you have in abundance, just do the dish and save yourself 25 minutes. ;-)

I got a 3 ship one for 10 beef. Was thinking about refreshing as it will take a 6 hours for me to get the 5 more I need.

txangel1109
07-16-15, 06:20 PM
Advice on the appetizers??? It says 15 days for both. What is the reward? Will they disappear? I don't want to waste precious resources.

jandtandn
07-16-15, 06:27 PM
Finished with day one with two four coin and one three coin dishes for the next day getting ready now. I've been able to finish all of the cruise goals so far, so looking forward to having another way to earn gems.

jandtandn
07-16-15, 06:28 PM
Advice on the appetizers??? It says 15 days for both. What is the reward? Will they disappear? I don't want to waste precious resources.

They will probably disappear like with the last cruise event. There was no reward or goal for the last two recipes for the Egyptian cruise.

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 06:58 PM
My apologies. I'm super sick right now and my brain isn't functioning at full capacity. I can't find the Egyptian event thread. Was looking for the post on how many gems are each coin dish worth. Can someone post either the link or the conversions please? Thanks!

jandtandn
07-16-15, 07:03 PM
My apologies. I'm super sick right now and my brain isn't functioning at full capacity. I can't find the Egyptian event thread. Was looking for the post on how many gems are each coin dish worth. Can someone post either the link or the conversions please? Thanks!

Sure, that was my thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82184-Egyptian-Cruise-Catering-Event&p=1121389#post1121389

lnztrekfan
07-16-15, 07:04 PM

I'm not sure if this helps you but it is very informative! :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82346-4-coin-dishes

ghjvcucjb
07-16-15, 07:27 PM
Sure, that was my thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82184-Egyptian-Cruise-Catering-Event&p=1121389#post1121389
YES!!! Thank you for the original post. It changed the way I play these events.

I'm not sure if this helps you but it is very informative! :)

It was the other post I was looking for but this one is super helpful too. Thank you for finding it

cquinn32
07-16-15, 08:08 PM
Good luck to everyone with the event!!

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 08:22 PM
I got a 3 ship one for 10 beef. Was thinking about refreshing as it will take a 6 hours for me to get the 5 more I need.

Sounds good! It is good to weigh the pros and cons, like it seems you are doing. Another problem with a main ingredient like beef is you might get a better use for that beef, like a 4-coin beef dip, which would also take 6 hours, *but* would only use 4 beef, not 10.

If you have enough parts to upgrade any of your shops, you can also be strategic when the cruise asks for ingredients. That is collect the ingredient, then immediately upgrade making that ingredient available straight away at a higher amount. Also good to check the street market, but without a lot of slots you can't rely on it too much.

infinitelove19
07-16-15, 08:27 PM
Slot 1: ginger chicken
Slot 2: 10 chicken (done), chicken broccoli casserole (done right away from the pile I have waiting to fall off), 10 potato (need 4 more)
Slot 3: surf and turf

Ginger chicken and Surf n Turf are going to take awhile, since both use chateau stove (have only one) and I put on split pea soup right before I started the event...

Ah, yes. I *almost* have enough gems to buy either a second chateau stove or a second chateau oven. :-)

See if I can remember my orders exactly thus far:

Slot 1: 10 apples, quiche, tuna casserole (4-coin dish for tomorrow)
Slot 2: 10 milk, chicken noodle soup, stew (4-coin dish for tomorrow)
Slot 3: cheesecake, 10 milk, stuffed peppers (will finish off today)

So all of my dishes completed for day 1 were all 2-coiners, and it looks like tomorrow will go quickly, starting off with two 4-coiners ready to go! If I can I will actually save one of those for day 3, but we will see.

MysticOrchid
07-16-15, 08:38 PM
I decided to go for this event. Never bothered with the other cruise events before. But darn, I have maxed out counters and still need room. I have food literally sitting in the ovens for hours to serve meaning it's not easy making food for the event. Uhh

whoviankat
07-16-15, 10:41 PM
Android newbie here - totally lost! Lol :) I started the event but I don't have much time to play, and it seems like not much hope of completing it anyway. But at least it's something new to learn!

sushi0606
07-16-15, 11:05 PM
I know this might be a little off topic but why has Stormie's Diner stopped remodeling? I really use to like being able to view new items, which gave me a better idea on the sizing of items especially for decor. I also find I'm not making as many gem item purchases due to this.

C2hWF
07-17-15, 12:55 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

infinitelove19
07-17-15, 01:46 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Thanks for posting details! :-)

bunny2889
07-17-15, 05:15 AM
Question: if I buy the extra slot or extra cook, will it stay in my game for future cruise events? If so I'm down to purchase, but if not, that's a lot of gems to waste!

C2hWF
07-17-15, 05:46 AM
Question: if I buy the extra slot or extra cook, will it stay in my game for future cruise events? If so I'm down to purchase, but if not, that's a lot of gems to waste!
Don't waste your gems! The extra slot or extra cook both just be limited to this event. :(

fatbearsecondary
07-17-15, 05:56 AM
This thread started by fatbear is AWESOME!!! Thanks fatbear!

For anyone who is looking for strategies on completing the cruise event, check it out!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide

I'm glad you thought it was good! Mostly, I was archiving all your terrific advice so it didn't get lost in the old threads no one looks at anymore. :P

Also, for those curious, the 3 new recipes. It looks like the cupcakes are permenant; the appetizers and steak are not. However, be careful: the cruise event never asks for these temporary dishes, so you probably don't want them taking up your counter space.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21760&d=1437137739
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21761&d=1437137775
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21762&d=1437137798

dalielahdawn
07-17-15, 06:06 AM
If I don't click start, when will the event automatically start and end for me? I'm on EST.

xheatherxx3
07-17-15, 07:01 AM
Yes! I was wondering why the last 2 are timed? It would be nice to keep them, but it looks like it won't happen..
I'm glad you thought it was good! Mostly, I was archiving all your terrific advice so it didn't get lost in the old threads no one looks at anymore. :P

Also, for those curious, the 3 new recipes. It looks like the cupcakes are permenant; the appetizers and steak are not. However, be careful: the cruise event never asks for these temporary dishes, so you probably don't want them taking up your counter space.

fatbearsecondary
07-17-15, 07:07 AM
Yes! I was wondering why the last 2 are timed? It would be nice to keep them, but it looks like it won't happen..

They did this with the last event, too, with the shawarma and kebabs. I guess it's a "thing" but an annoying one since we have a cruise going on! I'm going to save the steak for mostly after the event (looks like we should have 4-5 days if we start the cruise on time) and use a lot of mastery spice. The appetizers I'll just throw out as I make them, the ingredients are so cheap who even cares...

fatbearsecondary
07-17-15, 07:39 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Thank you, beckycarter! I'm going to update the 2nd post in the thread with your posts, and I'll keep it up as the cruise goes on. Thanks to all who do this!

ariffraff
07-17-15, 08:11 AM
You either wait 30 minutes or pay 5 gems. I wait it out.

LindaBLB
07-17-15, 09:22 AM
I still haven't seen Alejandro in my restaurant, and I started the event yesterday, as soon as it became available. How do I get him to visit?

jandtandn
07-17-15, 09:34 AM
I still haven't seen Alejandro in my restaurant, and I started the event yesterday, as soon as it became available. How do I get him to visit?

You have to complete the whole event and he will show up.

jethawkfan
07-17-15, 10:26 AM
I'm only level 24. Do I have a chance to complete this goal?

infinitelove19
07-17-15, 11:23 AM
I'm only level 24. Do I have a chance to complete this goal?

Absolutely! The first cruise I did on my lower level accounts they were around the same level as you. Just be methodical and strategic. Set timers so that as you cook or refresh items, you are on top of it, particularly for the last few days. Use these first few days to accumulate some food items in your counters - baked potatoes, french dip come to mind - and then don't be afraid to learn recipes *if* you have the coins just so you have more to cook and less to refresh. Good luck!

bunny2889
07-17-15, 12:27 PM
Don't waste your gems! The extra slot or extra cook both just be limited to this event. :(

Thanks!!! Def not worth it if it's just for this one event!!

ginrae22
07-17-15, 02:55 PM
so... why for this event do we have to wait hours in between starting the next task?! I couldn't even finish ANY of these catering events before and that was without limiting what we could do in one day... ugh. maybe i'm the only one who is annoyed though? since... no one seems to be discussing. at least not on the 4 or 5 pages i happened to look at.

cquinn32
07-17-15, 03:03 PM
so... why for this event do we have to wait hours in between starting the next task?! I couldn't even finish ANY of these catering events before and that was without limiting what we could do in one day... ugh. maybe i'm the only one who is annoyed though? since... no one seems to be discussing. at least not on the 4 or 5 pages i happened to look at.

As far as I know we've always had to wait for each new day to start.

txangel1109
07-17-15, 04:05 PM
I am in day 1 and have not seen one 4 ship dish????

jandtandn
07-17-15, 04:07 PM
I am in day 1 and have not seen one 4 ship dish????

You can refresh until you get one. It is random. I had a day in one of the cruises where just about everything was 1 or 2 ship no matter how many times I refreshed it.

MysticOrchid
07-17-15, 04:21 PM
Patiently waiting for 6 hours to pass to start again lol

Rainstorms45
07-17-15, 06:27 PM
Haven't been a problem for me, still new to game so I need all the time to get items. I finish the stuff in the morning anyways

sandym0
07-18-15, 12:22 AM
Hello everyone, i'm new on this forum.. I managed to complete all previous events without stocking up on the counters (because i didnt know i could lol i just discovered this by reading the threads here) but it was really difficult ! This event i'll be traveling and i'm not sure i will have enough time to finish :( i wanted to know how u stock food on counters? Because i tried doing it by removing chairs but the plates were sold anyway ... Thank you and gdluck :D

C2hWF
07-18-15, 12:30 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

nmishii
07-18-15, 12:39 AM
Deleted

ariffraff
07-18-15, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone, i'm new on this forum.. I managed to complete all previous events without stocking up on the counters (because i didnt know i could lol i just discovered this by reading the threads here) but it was really difficult ! This event i'll be traveling and i'm not sure i will have enough time to finish :( i wanted to know how u stock food on counters? Because i tried doing it by removing chairs but the plates were sold anyway ... Thank you and gdluck :D
Leave just a few chairs one at a minimum I recommend 3 so people like Cid have a chance of finding a seat.

Edited to correct did to Cid

sandym0
07-18-15, 01:18 AM
Okay thanks i will try this now :)

xheatherxx3
07-18-15, 07:02 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Thank you for doing this!

kimberly0822
07-18-15, 07:07 AM
For the first time, the dishes im being asked for are ones i havent even unlocked yet...land from appliances i dont even have. Gets frustrating passing and having to wait 30 minutes only to get another one i cant complete. Think the requests should at least be within our capability to complete. Jmo

ellyse99
07-18-15, 07:22 AM
For the first time, the dishes im being asked for are ones i havent even unlocked yet...land from appliances i dont even have. Gets frustrating passing and having to wait 30 minutes only to get another one i cant complete. Think the requests should at least be within our capability to complete. Jmo

They are according to level, only asking for things that are from ingredients and appliances that you could've unlocked at your level. If you don't have them unlocked yet... well erm, tough luck, that's all I can say, sorry.

fatbearsecondary
07-18-15, 07:39 AM

Here's the guide page on stacking your counters: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1143484#post1143484

Contains a lot of advice on how different folks have made it work. Hope it helps!

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

You're a gem, beckycarter, 2nd post of the thread updated!

bobbyrae
07-18-15, 08:11 AM
Thanks to all who work out the coin/gem values and for updating the thread. Appreciate it much. :)

sandym0
07-18-15, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=fatbearsecondary;1144909]Here's the guide page on stacking your counters: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1143484#post1143484

Contains a lot of advice on how different folks have made it work. Hope it helps!

Thank you ! I will look into it ...
The advice of ariffraff is also working great till now :D

somiemyhomie17
07-18-15, 08:43 AM
What on earth? Is anyone else's game glitching?

I just refreshed an order and after 30 min it gave me a 4-coin slot of collecting 10 peppers. I already had 8 saved up and I went to press the button saying "add 8." However, as soon as I pressed the button, the order immediately changed to a 3-coin lox bagel. :(

This is the second time something like that has happened to me.

ellyse99
07-18-15, 08:51 AM

I just got asked for Cheese Fondue, 2nd time. The only "goal dish" that I've been asked for, so far. Might be worth noting.

jessicamle
07-18-15, 09:04 AM

I just got asked for Cheese Fondue, 2nd time. The only "goal dish" that I've been asked for, so far. Might be worth noting.

Oh now that you mention it, I do recall being ask for it last time too.

fatbearsecondary
07-18-15, 09:30 AM
Oh now that you mention it, I do recall being ask for it last time too.

Huh. I've never connected to Facebook and it's never asked me to make the fondue. Maybe it knows?

ellyse99
07-18-15, 09:45 AM
Huh. I've never connected to Facebook and it's never asked me to make the fondue. Maybe it knows?

I connected to get the dish and disconnected right away.

dalielahdawn
07-18-15, 11:12 AM
Does it mTter what time of day I "start" the event? Will it end at the same time of day no matter when I start it?

dalielahdawn
07-18-15, 11:15 AM
Does it ever ask for Bitterballen?

infinitelove19
07-18-15, 11:25 AM
Does it ever ask for Bitterballen?

No, I don't think I've ever seen it.

JDiva12
07-18-15, 11:28 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of 4 coin dishes the cruise asks for? I've never seen bitterballen. I don't think it asks for anything from the pizza oven either.

infinitelove19
07-18-15, 11:31 AM
Does it mTter what time of day I "start" the event? Will it end at the same time of day no matter when I start it?

The next day unlocks at midnight, Pacific Time, and the last day will end at midnight (Pacific time) regardless of what time you start the cruise.

The only difference it makes for what time of day you start is how long you get before day 2 begins. The first few days are quite easy compared to later days, so it probably won't make much difference. However, if you start the cruise 30 minutes before day 2 unlocks and do not realize you have to make up that time, it could wind up biting you in the butt later.

infinitelove19
07-18-15, 11:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of 4 coin dishes the cruise asks for? I've never seen bitterballen. I don't think it asks for anything from the pizza oven either.

Sometimes for lower-level players it will give 4-coins for dishes which are later only worth 3 coins. For instance, Lox Bagel or Antipasto Platter.

ellyse99
07-18-15, 11:38 AM

Sometimes for lower-level players it will give 4-coins for dishes which are later only worth 3 coins. For instance, Lox Bagel or Antipasto Platter.

Hah, you just beat me to it!

cuted1011
07-18-15, 11:51 AM
The good news is that the first few days are usually relatively low stress. Use that time to build up your stores and let dishes that aren't helpful fall off your counters. Also, we usually get a few days of leeway on the start date (the event will start but not force you to start for up to a week), so try to time the last 3 days such that they'll fall when you have a lot of play time.

Good luck to you!

Does this mean that my event can start and end a different date than everyone else if I don't click start for a few days?? I never understood it that way. Thanks.

JDiva12
07-18-15, 12:02 PM
Thanks!!

luna2cute
07-18-15, 06:18 PM
I have some 4 ship dishes on wait

beef stew
tuna casserole
french dip

so far other dishes or foods it has wanted were

Sugar cookies - 1 ship
tuna
lettuce
bacon
cucumber sandwich

that's all I can remember. Will add more as they come up!

cocauina
07-18-15, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know how much time the milk takes to refresh so I can collect again?

I have the unlock option for milk, and this event is asking for 10 of milk and I don't know if it's worth it..

jandtandn
07-18-15, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know how much time the milk takes to refresh so I can collect again?

I have the unlock option for milk, and this event is asking for 10 of milk and I don't know if it's worth it..

Milk takes one hour to refresh.

C2hWF
07-19-15, 12:08 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems

shockingchick
07-19-15, 02:20 AM
Quick Question... has anyone ever been asked for stuffed mushrooms or mushroom risotto? It felt like something the cruise would ask for, but the only dish involving mushrooms so far has been tuna casserole...

Also, I am a bit confused as to the timing of the event... I'm on CET, so the "midnight" of the game usually is 9am for me. I had the cruise open for me at around 7am on friday and I started on it (it had not been there the previous evening), but when I finished day one around 10am, the game had already progressed to day 2, which started right away... Since the first few days are fairly easy I didnt mind, just wondering how this came to be...

C2hWF
07-19-15, 03:41 AM
Quick Question... has anyone ever been asked for stuffed mushrooms or mushroom risotto? It felt like something the cruise would ask for, but the only dish involving mushrooms so far has been tuna casserole...

Also, I am a bit confused as to the timing of the event... I'm on CET, so the "midnight" of the game usually is 9am for me. I had the cruise open for me at around 7am on friday and I started on it (it had not been there the previous evening), but when I finished day one around 10am, the game had already progressed to day 2, which started right away... Since the first few days are fairly easy I didnt mind, just wondering how this came to be...

Tuna casserole is the only order required mushrooms.
Game system refresh time is GMT 7:00 AM.

infinitelove19
07-19-15, 03:51 AM

New day unlocks at "midnight". Since you started the first day two hours before "midnight" when you finished 3 hours later, day 2 was already unlocked. If you had started just after "midnight", you would have had to wait 20+ hours before day 2 unlocked.

As for recipes requiring mushrooms, I have previously been asked for tuna casserole, veggie pizza, mushroom risotto AND stuffed mushrooms. Only once each, aside from tuna casserole. I think there must be some algorithm and some dishes are asked for less often, statistically speaking.

cocauina
07-19-15, 05:18 AM
Milk takes one hour to refresh.

Thanks!

kimberly0822
07-19-15, 05:53 AM
They are according to level, only asking for things that are from ingredients and appliances that you could've unlocked at your level. If you don't have them unlocked yet... well erm, tough luck, that's all I can say, sorry.
Im well aware of how the game works, but thank you for you ever so insightful advice. My comment was simply stating that the requests should, in MY opinion, be within ones capability at the time of the request.
Your "tough luck" comment is unnecessary and unappreciated...again erm...MY opinion!

mommeeeof4
07-19-15, 06:01 AM
Question, if you purchase the extra stove for 250 gems for the catering event, when the next event comes, do you automatically get that stove or do you have to purchase it again? Thanks and good luck all!

shockingchick
07-19-15, 06:21 AM
New day unlocks at "midnight". Since you started the first day two hours before "midnight" when you finished 3 hours later, day 2 was already unlocked. If you had started just after "midnight", you would have had to wait 20+ hours before day 2 unlocked.

That's what I figured, I was just wondering why the cruise would unlock just hours before "midnight" since it has never done that before. Still, I'm not complaining that I got to cross the first two days off in a few hours :)

Thanks to all of you

catfoodie
07-19-15, 06:27 AM
Quick Question... has anyone ever been asked for stuffed mushrooms or mushroom risotto? It felt like something the cruise would ask for, but the only dish involving mushrooms so far has been tuna casserole
I ve been asked for stuffed mushrooms in the cruise events before, but they only give you 2 coins I think, so I always refresh them

calilive213
07-19-15, 06:46 AM

I've been asked for coq au vin before.

ellyse99
07-19-15, 07:54 AM
Im well aware of how the game works, but thank you for you ever so insightful advice. My comment was simply stating that the requests should, in MY opinion, be within ones capability at the time of the request.
Your "tough luck" comment is unnecessary and unappreciated...again erm...MY opinion!

"Tough luck" meant "you have my sympathy but I can't actually do anything to help you"... How on earth did you get offended with that?!
As far as the game is concerned, they are within the capability of a player at your level. Some players play more or whatever, and so at the same level they may already have more unlocked.

ellyse99
07-19-15, 07:55 AM

I've gotten mushroom risotto, stuffed mushrooms, tuna casserole and coq au vin before. What else uses mushrooms? I usually chose to refresh, I have tons of coq au vin but loaded with house spice so I don't feel like giving them to the ship.

fatbearsecondary
07-19-15, 08:03 AM
I've gotten mushroom risotto, stuffed mushrooms, tuna casserole and coq au vin before. What else uses mushrooms? I usually chose to refresh, I have tons of coq au vin but loaded with house spice so I don't feel like giving them to the ship.

What else uses mushroom? From the Ingredient List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81922-Ingredient-List)

Mushroom
Mushroom Risotto - 2 (Chateau Stove)
Supreme Pizza - 3 (Pizza Oven)
Tuna Casserole - 3 (Commercial Oven)
Veggie Pizza - 1 (Commercial Oven)
Stuffed Mushrooms - 3 (Commercial Oven)
Coq au Vin - 3 (Chateau Oven)

It'll never ask for Supreme Pizza, but I've been asked for all the rest. Generally, I don't think Stuffed Mushrooms and Mushroom Risotto are worth it; they're both 2-coiners which is rough for such a valuable ingredient. And my Coq au Vin is spiced too, so I feel your pain; I'd only do it on the last day...

kimberly0822
07-19-15, 09:20 AM
"Tough luck" meant "you have my sympathy but I can't actually do anything to help you"... How on earth did you get offended with that?!
As far as the game is concerned, they are within the capability of a player at your level. Some players play more or whatever, and so at the same level they may already have more unlocked.
Ok thank u

cuted1011
07-19-15, 10:00 AM
If it's any help they way I make my food last longer on my counters is that I place my hostess as far away from the door as possible. I place only 1 table and chair as close to the door as possible. Then I block all my counters EXCEPT 1 which I place as far away from that table as possible. This guarantees that the entire process to feed 1 customer takes as long as possible. Also if you log in routinely you will be able to catch Cid or the other special customers come in and you'll have time to put an extra chair out for them to collect your special item. Just remember to pull away the extra chair. You can also try putting obstacles to make them take longer paths but it's just too much work IMO. Below is a pic of how I set it up.

Here is me setting out chairs for Cid and Lily:

ellyse99
07-19-15, 12:27 PM
If it's any help they way I make my food last longer on my counters is that I place my hostess as far away from the door as possible. I place only 1 table and chair as close to the door as possible. Then I block all my counters EXCEPT 1 which I place as far away from that table as possible. This guarantees that the entire process to feed 1 customer takes as long as possible. Also if you log in routinely you will be able to catch Cid or the other special customers come in and you'll have time to put an extra chair out for them to collect your special item. Just remember to pull away the extra chair. You can also try putting obstacles to make them take longer paths but it's just too much work IMO. Below is a pic of how I set it up.

Here is me setting out chairs for Cid and Lily:

Eh...what if I have the opposite problem? Food never sells fast enough :P now I am purposely not cooking most of the time otherwise I don't have any more counter space!

ariffraff
07-19-15, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=fatbearsecondary;1144909]Here's the guide page on stacking your counters: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1143484#post1143484

Where do you think I got the information, the forums of course.

Thank you ! I will look into it ...
The advice of ariffraff is also working great till now :D

Where do you think I got the information, lol.

goldsilvercoin
07-19-15, 01:12 PM
During cruise catering event I stack 4 cruise coin dishes and design my restaurant so that it's VERY difficult to sell the food. This makes getting the grand prize really easy

MysticOrchid
07-19-15, 01:18 PM
Now waiting for part 5 to start in 10 hours. The event has been pretty easy for me since my everlasting counters of food never sells I always have something to give to the cruise ship.

ginourmous
07-19-15, 02:13 PM
QUICK QUESTION...

I need 1 coin to finish my level of cooking for today (requires 5 gems to finish it)... But I have lots of food on my counters where I have everything for those 3 (4 coins dish) to deliver. But, if I deliver a 4 COIN dish when I only need 1 COIN DISH to finish the day, that means that the 3 extra coin that dish has will be lost... correct? The extra 3 coins will not be applied to next day of cooking that starts at 3 am for me, correct?

But, if I were to wait and not deliver anything until after 3 am, would it take 1 coin to finish today and apply the 3 remaining coin to the next day of cooking since it would have been unlocked at that time?

I just hate to waste a 4 coins dish when I only need 1 to finish!

luna2cute
07-19-15, 02:16 PM
QUICK QUESTION...

I need 1 coin to finish my level of cooking for today (requires 5 gems to finish it)... But I have lots of food on my counters where I have everything for those 3 (4 coins dish) to deliver. But, if I deliver a 4 COIN dish when I only need 1 COIN DISH to finish the day, that means that the 3 extra coin that dish has will be lost... correct? The extra 3 coins will not be applied to next day of cooking that starts at 3 am for me, correct?

But, if I were to wait and not deliver anything until after 3 am, would it take 1 coin to finish today and apply the 3 remaining coin to the next day of cooking since it would have been unlocked at that time?

Yes you lose the extra coins I think. I've done it by accident before and am sure I lost them.

luna2cute
07-19-15, 02:17 PM
Some more 4 coin dishes:

potatoes
lobster bisque

3 coins:
split pea soup

ginourmous
07-19-15, 02:17 PM
But what if I wait until the next part is unlocked? would they just apply the left over to the next section? If NOT this is so unfair. It's hard enough to get those 4 coins dish.

jandtandn
07-19-15, 04:39 PM
But what if I wait until the next part is unlocked? would they just apply the left over to the next section? If NOT this is so unfair. It's hard enough to get those 4 coins dish.

Yes, it does. If you can try to get as many three or four ship dish orders right before you sent the last order to the ship. Send the last order and once everything is greyed out, start cooking the three or four ship orders. Just for't serve them until the day resets.

deucedeuce22
07-19-15, 05:00 PM
QUICK QUESTION...

Spend the 5 gems to finish the day, use the 4 coin dish tomorrow. It's your best option.

infinitelove19
07-19-15, 05:08 PM
Spend the 5 gems to finish the day, use the 4 coin dish tomorrow. It's your best option.

Agreed.

For myself, especially early on, or if I can very easily cook a 3-coin dish, I'll just send it anyways, despite the fact that some of it will be 'wasted.'. It's just the way the cookie crumbles!! The new day only unlocks once you have finished the previous day, so even if you wait until the new day *can* be unlocked, it does *not* mean the extra credit will be applied to it. Good luck!

stephanie40403
07-19-15, 06:06 PM
My understanding is that if you finish that days goal you have to wait to reset to begin the next days goals. Does that mean I am behind because they just keep moving on for me. They only showed up on Friday for me, and I started them as soon as it showed up. I am on step 4/day 4 which ever it is. Am I confused?

ChicSeekers
07-19-15, 07:59 PM
Yes, it does. If you can try to get as many three or four ship dish orders right before you sent the last order to the ship. Send the last order and once everything is greyed out, start cooking the three or four ship orders. Just for't serve them until the day resets.

How can you tell how many coins you have left to complete the delivery? Is there a counter somewhere I'm missing?

lnztrekfan
07-19-15, 09:29 PM
How can you tell how many coins you have left to complete the delivery? Is there a counter somewhere I'm missing?

Hi ChicSeekers. Yes there is a counter, it is right beside the bar that fills up after each delivery. It will tell you how many gems are needed to complete. Today for me was day 3 I needed 200 gems. So the little gem counter starts at 200 and goes down after each filled order. In the pic below right beside the helping hands that I will win it shows that I need 15 gems to complete the day so I will fill the 2 coin dish and that will give me 15 gems.

C2hWF
07-19-15, 09:30 PM
Orders for Cruise Catering Event*\(^o^)/*

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

All orders required for Cruise Catering Event.
If you've seen other orders, please screenshots and upload it.I'll edit the post with additions.

ChicSeekers
07-19-15, 09:50 PM
Hi ChicSeekers. Yes there is a counter, it is right beside the bar that fills up after each delivery. It will tell you how many gems are needed to complete. Today for me was day 3 I needed 200 gems. So the little gem counter starts at 200 and goes down after each filled order. In the pic below right beside the helping hands that I will win it shows that I need 15 gems to complete the day so I will fill the 2 coin dish and that will give me 15 gems.

Holy ****. I had no idea that was a counter. I thought that was the number of the item that you win. Like, complete this order and get 30 helping hands. So, you're saying, in order to complete the order, you need 30 coins?

SMH at myself.

Lenkapon
07-19-15, 10:33 PM
Deleted

infinitelove19
07-19-15, 11:17 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

If you've seen other orders, please screenshots and upload it.I'll edit the post with additions.

May I just say... "WOW!!!". Good job, and thanks for going to all the trouble! :-)

infinitelove19
07-19-15, 11:26 PM
Holy ****. I had no idea that was a counter. I thought that was the number of the item that you win. Like, complete this order and get 30 helping hands. So, you're saying, in order to complete the order, you need 30 coins?

SMH at myself.

30 helping hands is the reward for that day. Just to the right of that is "finish now" for 15 gems. The amount of credit per dish varies by how many 'coins' it is rated. Here are the values for day 4...

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

So to complete the day, you would need fifty 1-coin dishes or five 4-coin dishes. More likely you'll get a mixture of dishes, but it is not the number of coins which is consistent, but the gem-value to "finish now" which is the constant.

This is a fabulous thread which explains all this and more: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide

ChicSeekers
07-19-15, 11:30 PM
OH!! Ok. Thanks for the link. I'm clearly not getting it. :)

ellyse99
07-19-15, 11:38 PM
Beckycarter, it looks like you're missing Baked Onion Soup?21907

C2hWF
07-20-15, 12:01 AM
Beckycarter, it looks like you're missing Baked Onion Soup?21907

Thanks!

C2hWF
07-20-15, 12:29 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems

mermaidzen
07-20-15, 01:58 AM
I have put the stoves away that Are never used for the cruise. On day 3 only need 60gems left and have a 3 star dish cooking now to send of, but now need to go out for the day. Once I am ready to send the last dish will hold of till the other stoves are ready with 4 star dishes ready for the morning

Rainstorms45
07-20-15, 08:51 AM
So far I'm hanging in there. But I'm one behind hopefully I can fill orders faster, been making french dips ahead of time that's been helping.

bobbyrae
07-20-15, 09:35 AM

Here you go:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccdf23195aa3f205f5d3cf87a0c1beea.jpg

This picture was from a previous challenge. In this part of the challenge, the Egyptian head thingy was the prize for completing this section of the goal. So in this snapshot I have 60 more gems to finish now. I had a two "coin" dish and a three "coin" dish to deliver to the cruise ship. The 2 coin dish was worth 15 "finish now" gems and the 3 coin dish is worth 35 "finish now" gems. Once I deliver them both the "finish now" gems required to complete this section of the challenge will drop by 50 (35 +15). So the gems needed to finish the goal would be only 10. I would only need to cook two 1 coin dishes, each worth 5 gems each, to finish this section of the goal for the day.

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems

Oh thank you for doing this. I'm all caught up now with the days it seems and just wanted to make sure the goal was really on Day 5 and that I wasn't behind anymore. Lol.
And THANK YOU for creating that graphic with the designated coins per dish!

And fatbearsecondary, THANK YOU THANK YOU for creating that awesome thread!!!

You guys are amazing!

bernw
07-20-15, 10:30 AM
I would also like to say a huge THANK YOU to fatbearsecondary and all contributors for providing that valuable information on the 'Event Thread'. As a relatively new player this information has really helped me understand how these events work especially with the gems/coin component. Thanks again :)

simpassoc
07-20-15, 11:49 AM
If you only need a 2 coin dish to finish the day, but use a 4 coin dish, do you loose the 2 coin overage, or is applied to the next day?

bernw
07-20-15, 12:04 PM
Your coins won't be carried over to the next day so you'll lose them.

luna2cute
07-20-15, 01:46 PM
Note to newer players that won't be able to finish the event...

I haven't finished a cruise event yet.

But I concentrated on upping my store levels and pantry level after the last event.

It has made all the difference!!

Being able to have 3 or 4 of food items is the best help.

This is event so far I am finishing each stage and having to wait for the next stage, which I didn't even know we had to do!

Just keep going, do you best, but collect parts and save you money for store inventory expansions. You'll be glad you did!!

:)

luna2cute
07-20-15, 01:48 PM

Amazing!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobbyrae
07-20-15, 03:44 PM

But I concentrated on upping my store levels and pantry level after the last event.

This is event so far I am finishing each stage and having to wait for the next stage, which I didn't even know we had to do!

Just keep going, do you best, but collect parts and save you money for store inventory expansions. You'll be glad you did!!

Great advice.

Xialio
07-20-15, 08:17 PM

I have to agree :) i managed to finish the last cruise event after upgrading mi general store and veggi market, it's unbelievable how much of a difference being able to collect 1 more item helps on the events.

I'm actually enjoying the cruise so far, it's not felt like a crazy rush lol...and no mi hasn't finished each day on time, but have caught up today with 3 hours left lol

Rainstorms45
07-20-15, 08:51 PM
Is it me or did the time change? Mine now says 20 days left
Cruise ship days gone in 6 days but goal now saws 20 days...

boredz
07-20-15, 08:53 PM

I decorated my shop for this event! Lol

dalexxx
07-20-15, 09:16 PM
What I do is that, when I am just a teensy weenie bit away from completing a daily goal to get the reward. I hold it off, refresh the catering event requirements until it fits what I already have hoarded in inventory or what I already have cooked. Or sometimes when I feel like I wanted a four circle requirements which would harvest more goal XP.

Then, I hit the ones that I think would conclude the daily requirement and start the countdown for tomorrow. So when tomorrow starts, I have a boost of what is required since I already had it prepared yesterday =D

dalexxx
07-20-15, 09:40 PM
Ehm, forgot to ask. Anyone got a requirement that you haven't unlocked yet? I was required to provide milk which is in the first shop but didn't want to unlock it yet. hmmmmmmm

ChicSeekers
07-20-15, 09:42 PM
Here you go:
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccdf23195aa3f205f5d3cf87a0c1beea.jpg

This picture was from a previous challenge. In this part of the challenge, the Egyptian head thingy was the prize for completing this section of the goal. So in this snapshot I have 60 more gems to finish now. I had a two "coin" dish and a three "coin" dish to deliver to the cruise ship. The 2 coin dish was worth 15 "finish now" gems and the 3 coin dish is worth 35 "finish now" gems. Once I deliver them both the "finish now" gems required to complete this section of the challenge will drop by 50 (35 +15). So the gems needed to finish the goal would be only 10. I would only need to cook two 1 coin dishes, each worth 5 gems each, to finish this section of the goal for the day.

Oh thank you for doing this. I'm all caught up now with the days it seems and just wanted to make sure the goal was really on Day 5 and that I wasn't behind anymore. Lol.
And THANK YOU for creating that graphic with the designated coins per dish!

And fatbearsecondary, THANK YOU THANK YOU for creating that awesome thread!!!

You guys are amazing!

THANK YOU!!!! I think I get it now. Thanks for taking the time to sum it up for me. Happy catering!

ellyse99
07-20-15, 09:49 PM
Ehm, forgot to ask. Anyone got a requirement that you haven't unlocked yet? I was required to provide milk which is in the first shop but didn't want to unlock it yet. hmmmmmmm

Lots of people do. Milk refreshes every hour so I think it's easy and worth unlocking.

goldsilvercoin
07-20-15, 11:16 PM
THANK YOU to fatbearsecondary and all contributors for providing that valuable information

^This
Thanks fatbearsecondary and friends!

Rainstorms45
07-20-15, 11:32 PM

Yes keeps asking me for fajitas, but havent unlocked them yet. .. cant afford to just yet so i skipped it.

Wish i was smart enought to skip onions lol only get 2 every billion hours but I did fix the street market up and have been getting them there so its not to bad

dalexxx
07-20-15, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys. I could afford but wouldn't want to unlock the milk cause It doesn't have much use for me yet and would probably flood up the store with it just like when I first unlocked cucumber plague.

my next day event will start in the next 30 minutes ::3

C2hWF
07-21-15, 12:10 AM
Day6: 300 gems required

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems

gilachaya
07-21-15, 04:21 AM
I unlocked Alejandro the groom. He drops bride and groom figurines. The final step is to bake the wedding cake. It takes 8 figurines, 3 sugar, 2 flour and 2 cream. My first drop was 2 figurines. The cake takes 2 hours to bake. My first reward from the cake was 2 gems. It looks like it is a variable reward.

gilachaya
07-21-15, 04:23 AM

Here are the screenshots.

minndom
07-21-15, 05:04 AM
Do the extra coins flow into next day when you complete that day's task? E.g if I'd need 5 coins to complete and I have 4-coin dish ready? Does it make sense to submit it or to refresh and wait for additional 30 mins in case you'd get a more suitable one?

Xialio
07-21-15, 05:11 AM
Do the extra coins flow into next day when you complete that day's task? E.g if I'd need 5 coins to complete and I have 4-coin dish ready? Does it make sense to submit it or to refresh and wait for additional 30 mins in case you'd get a more suitable one?

no, coins don't go over to the next day, if u only need 10 gems to complete the day and u use a 4 coin dish, u will loose the other points.

DONT refresh a 4 coin dish near the end of the day, if u are able to make it, save it for the next day to have that boost ready :)

cquinn32
07-21-15, 05:21 AM
I unlocked Alejandro the groom. He drops bride and groom figurines. The final step is to bake the wedding cake. It takes 8 figurines, 3 sugar, 2 flour and 2 cream. My first drop was 2 figurines. The cake takes 2 hours to bake. My first reward from the cake was 2 gems. It looks like it is a variable reward.

No way!! how many gems did you spend?

Congrats!!

ellyse99
07-21-15, 07:20 AM
Thanks guys. I could afford but wouldn't want to unlock the milk cause It doesn't have much use for me yet and would probably flood up the store with it just like when I first unlocked cucumber plague.

my next day event will start in the next 30 minutes ::3

That was what I was afraid of as well. But by the time I unlocked (I was level 49 and had only milk, celery and strawberries left to unlock) it didn't flood the market at all.

ellyse99
07-21-15, 07:23 AM

Here are the screenshots.

It looks almost exactly like the chocolate pyramid cake...

lnztrekfan
07-21-15, 03:31 PM
Quick question. It may seem weird but has anyone tried to put out their Washed-up LOVE decorations that were won on day four? Mine show up in my inventory but I cannot place them. You know when want to place an item it is either red or green to let you know it can be placed there? Mine only show up red but I tried to place other items and they show up green. Any one else have any trouble? Thank you for your time.

CarolAnn314
07-21-15, 03:55 PM
Same problem. The square I try to put it on never turns green. I tried several places in my restaurant.

lnztrekfan
07-21-15, 04:00 PM
Same problem. The square I try to put it on never turns green. I tried several places in my restaurant.

Thanks CarolAnn314! I was wondering if it was just mine!

somiemyhomie17
07-21-15, 04:14 PM
Quick question. It may seem weird but has anyone tried to put out their Washed-up LOVE decorations that were won on day four? Mine show up in my inventory but I cannot place them. You know when want to place an item it is either red or green to let you know it can be placed there? Mine only show up red but I tried to place other items and they show up green. Any one else have any trouble? Thank you for your time.

Hey, Inztrekfan. I believe the washed up love decoration only belongs on the wall, so if you haven't tried it there yet, that is probably why it shows up red where ever you try and put it.

shaumilin
07-21-15, 04:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya
---------------------------------------------------

Hi Gilachaya: Congrats! Do you have to master the celebration cupcakes, the appetizer plate or the steak Madeira to level 3 before you can unlock Alejandro the groom? How many gems are required for day 7, 8, 9 and 10?

lnztrekfan
07-21-15, 04:31 PM
Hey, Inztrekfan. I believe the washed up love decoration only belongs on the wall, so if you haven't tried it there yet, that is probably why it shows up red where ever you try and put it.

Yes!! :) Thank you so much somiemyhomie17!! That is definitely what it was. They are now up and I hadn't even tried that!�� lol Thanks again!

judilio
07-21-15, 04:55 PM
I am half way through the wedding challenge and have received all the prizes so far except the 20,000 coins....am I missing something?

gilachaya
07-21-15, 05:06 PM
No way!! how many gems did you spend?

Congrats!!

Thank you! Let's just say I will be brown bagging it for a while 😊

gilachaya
07-21-15, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=shaumilin;1146551]Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya
Hi Shaumilin!

Thank you. I unlocked but did not master the cupcakes and appetizer plate. I didn't start the steak yet. Unfortunately I did not note the amount of gems to unlock. But it was somewhere around 100 per day.

shaumilin
07-21-15, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=shaumilin;1146551]Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya
Hi Shaumilin!

Thank you. I unlocked but did not master the cupcakes and appetizer plate. I didn't start the steak yet. Unfortunately I did not note the amount of gems to unlock. But it was somewhere around 100 per day.

Dear Gilachaya:
Thank you very much for the info. Now I do not have to master the three dishes which I thought I have to. For the gems, I was asking how many gems to achieve the goal for each day, like day one it requires 75 gems, day two it requires 150 gems. We already know that day 6 requires 300 gems, but how about day 7, 8, 9 and 10? It would be nice if you can try to remember the amount of gems that are required to complete each day's task. Thank you!!!

Day 1: 75 Gems Required
Day 2: 150 Gems Required
Day 3: 200 Gems Required
Day 4: 250 Gems Required
Day 5: 250 Gems Required
Day 6: 300 Gems Required
Day 7: ??? Gems Required
Day 8: ??? Gems Required
Day 9: ??? Gems Required
Day 10:??? Gems Required

shaumilin
07-21-15, 07:26 PM
Dear Gilachaya:
One last question: how many figurines does Alejandro the groom drop each time, and how long does he visit your restaurant? How long does it take to collect 8 figurines?

gilachaya
07-21-15, 09:08 PM
Dear Gilachaya:
One last question: how many figurines does Alejandro the groom drop each time, and how long does he visit your restaurant? How long does it take to collect 8 figurines?

Dear Shaumlin,

The first two times he dropped 2 figurines, and the third time he dropped one. I played 3x since my first post. I used gems to speed it up to get the first cake baked.

I'm sorry but I truly don't recall the number of gems to move to the last set of days.

C2hWF
07-22-15, 12:43 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems

calilive213
07-22-15, 02:41 AM
^^^ ty!

simpassoc
07-22-15, 03:35 AM
So now I'm confused. Do you have to master cupcake, appetizer, and steak for any part of this event, and if so, does it require 1 or 3 star mastery. Thanks for the help. Lisa

FranDresner
07-22-15, 04:24 AM
You don't have to master the cupcake, I'm not sure about the other two, but guessing you don't have to.

xheatherxx3
07-22-15, 06:04 AM

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 35 gems
4 coin = 60 gems I come to this thread every day and am so happy to see these! It really helps lol

Xialio
07-22-15, 07:55 AM
So now I'm confused. Do you have to master cupcake, appetizer, and steak for any part of this event, and if so, does it require 1 or 3 star mastery. Thanks for the help. Lisa

the cupcake is on new appliance and will stay available even if u don't complete event, the appetiser and steak are just bonus dishes, and will disappear after the timer. U don't need to master any to complete the cruise event. :)

If u do decide to do the steak and appetiser mastery lvls for both are :

star 1 - 6 serves
star 2 - 9 serves
star 3 - 12 serves

somiemyhomie17
07-22-15, 08:07 AM
Yes!! :) Thank you so much somiemyhomie17!! That is definitely what it was. They are now up and I hadn't even tried that!�� lol Thanks again!

Haha. No problem!

LonePudding
07-22-15, 09:08 AM

What a rare event!

luna2cute
07-22-15, 12:05 PM

What a rare event!

Wow! That is rare! Congratulations!! Good way to start the day's collecting!!

luna2cute
07-22-15, 12:06 PM
the cupcake is on new appliance and will stay available even if u don't complete event, the appetiser and steak are just bonus dishes, and will disappear after the timer. U don't need to master any to complete the cruise event. :)

If u do decide to do the steak and appetiser mastery lvls for both are :

star 1 - 6 serves
star 2 - 9 serves
star 3 - 12 serves

Thank you! I have been wondering this too!

cuted1011
07-22-15, 01:48 PM
Sorry didn't post this correctly but I was asked for stuffed mushrooms and cheese fondue. If asked again I'll post a picture. Also I'm surprised at all the drinks it asks for.

ghjvcucjb
07-22-15, 02:19 PM
Have a problem and wonder if there is a solution. For past events I could load up (add button) all my 4 coin dishes prior to finishing the daily goal so everything would be ready for the next day. However for this event as soon as I load even one item that contains enough coins to fulfill the daily requirement, everything greys out and won't let me load (add button) anything else. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

fatbearsecondary
07-22-15, 03:28 PM
Have a problem and wonder if there is a solution. For past events I could load up (add button) all my 4 coin dishes prior to finishing the daily goal so everything would be ready for the next day. However for this event as soon as I load even one item that contains enough coins to fulfill the daily requirement, everything greys out and won't let me load (add button) anything else. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

You have to load but not deliver, once you deliver everything for the day you can't load stuff anymore. Is that the problem? And if not, can you screenshot it?

Xialio
07-22-15, 06:12 PM

What a rare event!

omg! First time mi ever got a set of 4 coin orders :D

lnztrekfan
07-22-15, 06:56 PM
I've looked through the thread and haven't seen the recipe cards for the event appetizers. Has anyone learned these? I am interested to know what the coin rate is for them both. I haven't yet because I have no counter space. Does anyone have a screenshot? Thank you for your time :)

nmishii
07-22-15, 07:10 PM
No screenshot, but:

Appetizer Plate
Cooks for 1.5h
Earns 7 stars
Earns 450 coins
Servings x150

ghjvcucjb
07-22-15, 07:17 PM
You have to load but not deliver, once you deliver everything for the day you can't load stuff anymore. Is that the problem? And if not, can you screenshot it?

You are correct. This is what I use to be able to do. I can't post screen shots. Sorry. But now for this event say I only have 15 gems left to finish for the day and have two 4 coin dishes and one 2 coin dish. I use to load up the 4 coin dishes first then load and deliver the 2 coin dish to finish the day out with the two 4 coin dishes ready for the next day. Now if I load any of those dishes, the whole thing greys out and won't allow me to load any of the others.

lnztrekfan
07-22-15, 07:38 PM
No screenshot, but:

Appetizer Plate
Cooks for 1.5h
Earns 7 stars
Earns 450 coins
Servings x150

Thank you nmishii! Can't believe those little things take an hour and a half to cook! Do you know how long the steak appetizer cooks for?

gilachaya
07-22-15, 08:14 PM
I got 15 gems as the reward for the wedding cake the 2nd time I baked it!

nmishii
07-22-15, 08:36 PM
Thank you nmishii! Can't believe those little things take an hour and a half to cook! Do you know how long the steak appetizer cooks for?

Steak Madeira:
Cooks for 4h
Earns 10 stars
Earns 1440 coins
Servings x720

lnztrekfan
07-22-15, 08:43 PM
Steak Madeira:
Cooks for 4h
Earns 10 stars
Earns 1440 coins
Servings x720

Great! Thanks once again, nmishii!:)

fatbearsecondary
07-22-15, 08:44 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21760&d=1437137739
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21761&d=1437137775
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21762&d=1437137798

can you see these? Should be the recipe cards for all 3. And the mastery for the appetizers and the steak (the two limited time dishes) are 6/9/12. The app ingredients are so cheap; I just cooked them during the early days of the cruise and then threw the whole counterful away!

nmishii
07-22-15, 08:48 PM
You are correct. This is what I use to be able to do. I can't post screen shots. Sorry. But now for this event say I only have 15 gems left to finish for the day and have two 4 coin dishes and one 2 coin dish. I use to load up the 4 coin dishes first then load and deliver the 2 coin dish to finish the day out with the two 4 coin dishes ready for the next day. Now if I load any of those dishes, the whole thing greys out and won't allow me to load any of the others.

When it greys out, does it deliver the last dish you loaded up to complete the day (e.g., the 4 coin dish?).

Not exactly sure what is happening, but maybe load up the 4 coin dishes before you get down to 60 gems or less, then use the other slot to cook until you hit the gem limit?

infinitelove19
07-22-15, 09:58 PM

That can't be right... Does it grey out, but still say you have 15 gems left? Is whatever item you loaded last still there, or is it possible you accidentally hit 'deliver'???

Did you accidentally 'finish now' and spend 15 gems?
It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
Hope you figure it out, or else I would suggest sending an email to TL support & have them look into it.

C2hWF
07-23-15, 12:57 AM

1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coin = 17/18 gems
3 coin = 38/39 gems
4 coin = 68/69 gems

Part I: Ingredients 1
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21880 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21880)

Part III: Dishes 1
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22080 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22080)

shockingchick
07-23-15, 02:21 AM
What I really absolutely definitely do not like about these cruises is that in the last 2-3 days, and seemingly this time the last 3 days for me, the ship almost always only asks for 1 or 2 coin dishes. I had two 4 coin dishes and a 2 coin dish to start the day off and since then, it's only been 2 coin dishes for me...

infinitelove19
07-23-15, 03:40 AM
I have to say it. I HATE Prime Rib! Cruise has asked me for it every single day for the last 4-5 days. For the two days before that, I kept it sitting there so it wouldn't pop up again. That said, I've been pretty lucky so far for the distribution of dishes between appliances. Getting into the thick of things on day 8. Good times! :-)

stormhavana
07-23-15, 04:40 AM
Alejandro didn't visit my restaurant but I started the cruise event. I don't think that's normal as the tap Alejandro task has not been completed and I'm not sure if there's any other way to get him to visit so I can tap on him and continue with the cruise event.

fatbearsecondary
07-23-15, 06:09 AM

1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coin = 17/18 gems
3 coin = 38/39 gems
4 coin = 68/69 gems

Updated on 2nd post! Thank you!

infinitelove19
07-23-15, 06:18 AM
Alejandro didn't visit my restaurant but I started the cruise event. I don't think that's normal as the tap Alejandro task has not been completed and I'm not sure if there's any other way to get him to visit so I can tap on him and continue with the cruise event.

You have to finish all 10 days of the cruise event before Alejandro will visit. Most of us, who started right away, are on day 8. Good luck!

nmishii
07-23-15, 08:09 AM

1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coin = 17/18 gems
3 coin = 38/39 gems
4 coin = 68/69 gems

3 coin can also be 40 gems.

sashahoney
07-23-15, 09:09 AM
I'm the first one to complain when I have issues with S8 events, but I'm also fair so like to give praise when I'm happy with something. ;)
I can honestly say that this is the best event ever! I find it totally fair and balanced and the prizes are lovely!
I've been playing RS2 since December 2014 and this is the first long event that I've been 100% satisfied with lol :p

sashahoney
07-23-15, 09:10 AM
I have to say it. I HATE Prime Rib! Cruise has asked me for it every single day for the last 4-5 days. For the two days before that, I kept it sitting there so it wouldn't pop up again. That said, I've been pretty lucky so far for the distribution of dishes between appliances. Getting into the thick of things on day 8. Good times! :-)

Wow! I didn't even realise that they asked for that dish! I have tons of it stacked on my counter and I've not been asked for it once! :rolleyes:

infinitelove19
07-23-15, 10:06 AM
Wow! I didn't even realise that they asked for that dish! I have tons of it stacked on my counter and I've not been asked for it once! :rolleyes:

hahaha! Guess that's the way it goes. I've got lobster bisque on my counters, and each day have prepared Ratatouille for each new day. I imagine if I switched and prepared prime rib, THEN it'd ask for Ratatouille! I'm normally not much of one for conspiracies, but it is like they know what I have and ask for what I don't! Hope they ask you for it today, instead of me. ;-)

txangel1109
07-23-15, 10:13 AM
This is not supposed to happen to me. . All 4-coin dishes and 15 gems. Decisions. Decisions.

ericanom
07-23-15, 11:12 AM
Today I am not getting any 4 coin recipes..is it just me? :confused:

sashahoney
07-23-15, 11:23 AM
This is not supposed to happen to me. . All 4-coin dishes and 15 gems. Decisions. Decisions.

Why not add all the items but DON'T deliver them. Finish with the 15 gems and then you'll have x3 4 coin dishes ready to go tomorrow! :D

sashahoney
07-23-15, 11:24 AM

I got a bunch so maybe it's just bad luck? Don't you get any when you refresh?

lnztrekfan
07-23-15, 12:02 PM
can you see these? Should be the recipe cards for all 3. And the mastery for the appetizers and the steak (the two limited time dishes) are 6/9/12. The app ingredients are so cheap; I just cooked them during the early days of the cruise and then threw the whole counterful away!

Thank you fatbearsecondary! I'm sorry I must of missed seeing these before. Thank you for reposting and also a HUGE THANKS for all of your's, beckycarter, and everyone else's wonderful work and advice on this post!! :) this looks like it may be the first cruise I actually complete:) I love all the new decorations and prizes for this event as well. They are so cute!

LonePudding
07-23-15, 12:18 PM
Wow! That is rare! Congratulations!! Good way to start the day's collecting!!

omg! First time mi ever got a set of 4 coin orders :D

I was so surprised! I'm sure it won't happen again soon though! Congrats Xialio!

I have a question (sorry if this has been asked):
If the ship asks for a recipe that hasn't been learnt yet, if I learn and cook it, will the serving still go to the ship?

LonePudding
07-23-15, 12:20 PM

Ooh that's tricky... If I were you I'd use the gems, especially if you might have a busy day tomorrow and need a bit of a headstart!

ericanom
07-23-15, 12:24 PM
I got a bunch so maybe it's just bad luck? Don't you get any when you refresh?

Definitely bad luck then! I was only getting 1-2 coin recipes. I finished today's task with ingredients.

lorettasapron
07-23-15, 12:41 PM
I have a question (sorry if this has been asked):
If the ship asks for a recipe that hasn't been learnt yet, if I learn and cook it, will the serving still go to the ship?

I could be wrong here, but I think I had this situation in the last catering event, and the 'learning batch' of whatever the food was did go to the ship. Don't hold me to that though! :)

ariffraff
07-23-15, 12:53 PM
I couldn't have asked for a better setup for tomorrow. I got lucky on the stew.

simpassoc
07-23-15, 01:23 PM
I am due to have the wedding cake unlocked today. I suppose that means that I can start baking it this evening. Question: does anyone know where the bride & groom toppers come from? Thanks, lisa

txangel1109
07-23-15, 01:25 PM
why not add all the items but don't deliver them. Finish with the 15 gems and then you'll have x3 4 coin dishes ready to go tomorrow! :d

agreed!

anntoes
07-23-15, 01:27 PM

I'm having the same issue! Since yesterday... I only get ingredients worth 2 boats or 1-2 coins dishes :( and at first I refreshed a lot but got tired. I'm way behind today...

sashahoney
07-23-15, 01:41 PM
I am due to have the wedding cake unlocked today. I suppose that means that I can start baking it this evening. Question: does anyone know where the bride & groom toppers come from? Thanks, lisa

Alejandro will unlock when you complete the event and pop into your place like the other lil' gift givers and you get them from him :D

simpassoc
07-23-15, 01:47 PM
So that means I can't start making wedding cakes tonight? It looks like there are mastery levels to the cake. So is this something that I can continue to bake even after the event?

ariffraff
07-23-15, 02:35 PM
So that means I can't start making wedding cakes tonight? It looks like there are mastery levels to the cake. So is this something that I can continue to bake even after the event?

I think it's like the pistachio cake.

goldsilvercoin
07-23-15, 02:46 PM
I'm having the same issue! Since yesterday... I only get ingredients worth 2 boats or 1-2 coins dishes :( and at first I refreshed a lot but got tired. I'm way behind today...

I'm in the same boat. Today and yesterday have yielded an overwhelming amount of 1-2 coin dishes. I'm starting to fall behind!

txangel1109
07-23-15, 03:24 PM
ooh that's tricky... If i were you i'd use the gems, especially if you might have a busy day tomorrow and need a bit of a headstart!

agreed!!

Rainstorms45
07-23-15, 04:54 PM
I'm way behind now but gave it a try

C2hWF
07-24-15, 12:43 AM
Day 9: 500 gems required :mad::mad::mad:
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems