This Goal Line will ends on July 24th!

Goal 1:
- Hatch a Plantlers
(Breed Nature + Earth) 9 hours
Skip cost - 10 gems
Reward - 3 xp

Goal 2:
- Collect 200 Booming Bugles
(Bugles may drop from harvesting crops!)
Skip cost - 200 gems
Reward - 3 xp

Goal 3:
- Hatch a Spruce Moose
(Breed Dark + Nature) 15 hours
Skip cost - 25 gems
Reward - 3 xp

Goal 4:
- Feed a Spruce Moose 50 times
Skip cost - 500 gems
Reward - Electric Elk Animal (it will go to your storage)

Important
- In this goal lines, when a goal asks to "hatch a animal", you only need to put the animal/egg in your nest, after you finish the breeding and put the egg into the nest, the goal will be complete.

A couple of tips
- For Goal 2 try to plant food before reach it, so you reach goal 2 and you already have the food ready to be harvested, 20hrs food is the best one because it will give you more booming bugles if you have a long breeding and incubation on your nest, 8hrs and 5hrs if you have short breeding and incubation egg.

Reward:
Electric Elk
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21657&d=1436913319 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21657&d=1436913319)
Electric-Earth
Super Rare
15 hours of incubation
17 hours of evolution

Good Luck!

All the Creatures will be ecstatic for this new friend. Watt are you waiting for? Get ready for a shocking experience with the Electric Elk in Fantasy Forest Story!

SummerNightSky
07-14-15, 03:53 PM
Electric/Earth?

Wonder if it'll be limited. Hoping not, I like deer.

calvinxx
07-14-15, 04:34 PM
I wonder if it would be a tournament prize... I guess not seeing as how we just had one

ogreve
07-14-15, 04:40 PM
Yeah, these colours are definitely electric-earth (compare them to e.g. the Thorilla and the Tesslama and you'll see it).
It doesn't seem likely to be a tournament prize, so I too just hope it's not limited.
It's quite a nice animal and it would look good alongside a Plantlers!

sweetypies97
07-15-15, 02:08 AM
Ooooohhhhhh! Nice!

A2TUDE
07-15-15, 05:14 AM
I think electric dark...

Drachenia
07-15-15, 02:55 PM
It's beautiful, I also think Dark / electrics.

oo56
07-15-15, 06:25 PM
I think it'll be a Electric/Earth!

ogreve
07-16-15, 02:30 AM
Yes, as mentioned in my reaction #4 these definitely seem to be the 'typical' earth-electric colours. You can easily compare them against those of e.g. the Thorilla, the Tesslama and the Shock Fox. The dark-electric colour schemes seem to be far more "blueish and purpleish", like e.g. the Koala Cadabra ("blueish" variant) or the Bansheep and Elephantom ("purpleish" variants).

The good news about it being likely to have the earth element in it is that it then can (if so desired) be put in the same habitat as a Plantlers. :)
Should I get one of these Electric Elks, I shall have a look-see to see if they look nice together as a pair (a thing which is not always the case, depending on the paths along which they walk, etc.).

calvinxx
07-17-15, 11:39 AM
So it looks like this is another week long goal animal with the first step being to hatch a Plantlers

oo56
07-17-15, 11:42 AM
So it looks like this is another week long goal animal with the first step being to hatch a Plantlers

Oh no! I am so not ready for this, yet!:eek:

ninasidstorm8
07-17-15, 11:42 AM
Plus they brought back 3 animals that had previously left the forest:
Palmeranian
Great Danebow
Mamaroo

The Palmeranian was the first animal that left the forest before I got one. I would really like to get it this time around

calvinxx
07-17-15, 11:43 AM
The second step is harvest crops to collect bugle horns. 0/200

ninasidstorm8
07-17-15, 11:44 AM
First try looks like a Bamboon. This is not a good combination for me since I already have all the Earth/Nature animals already.

SummerNightSky
07-17-15, 11:52 AM
Considering all the other Earth/Nature animals hate me, not surprised to get Plantlers first try. Guess, I should plant some Rune Prunes now.

MountainKingDragon
07-17-15, 11:58 AM
Not got that yet looks awesome Does anyone know any combo to breed crystal unicorn that works please Thankyou :)

RowanaFarrin
07-17-15, 12:00 PM
First try looks like a Bamboon. This is not a good combination for me since I already have all the Earth/Nature animals already.

That's what I got first try too XD Hope the rest of the goal won't take too long to finish. I really like this animal!

Edit: Looks like the rest is going to be hard, so unless I get really lucky with my breeding, I'm probably going to miss this one. Oh well, I'll still give it a good try!

YeahBabyBabylonian
07-17-15, 12:00 PM
Haha, lesson for everyone, the secret to breeding diamond hybrids is to do it when there's a time-limited quest on! I saw the goal, put my crystal unicorn and Plantlers in the breeding den hoping for another Plantlers, aaaaand .. 45 hours! This is the same way I got my emerald dragon, as a breed during a previous timed quest. Hopefully this one is a cyclops. Oh well, guess I have to spend the 45 gems if I want a chance at this new whatsit. Small price to pay I suppose.

MountainKingDragon
07-17-15, 12:05 PM
Haha seriously that works I guess we learn something new everyday lol

MountainKingDragon
07-17-15, 12:05 PM
Haha seriously It works I guess we learn something new everyday :)

reeisme
07-17-15, 01:47 PM
Yay! I already had a baby plantler and it only costs 10 gems to skip. So I am collecting bugle horns by harvesting crops (step 2 - collect 200). I have 5 but very soon, I'll have 105. I'm excited about the limited animal release too. It's a good day in the forest.

Ugh, I already have two spruce moose levels 4 and 5 so I will be skipping that step using gems, as well. Ahh well, 35 gems for this guy is still a good deal and now I don't have to tie up my breeding garden while there are limited animals to try for.

Update: I got my electric elk last night but he's staying in storage while I try for danebow. 3 looooooong fails so far of duplicate commons but I'll keep trying.

tuffyjkitten
07-17-15, 02:46 PM
What is the point of the Plantlers? Just another animal I already have that needs to be bred? Ish....I already have a Spruce Moose I can feed 50 times as well. I hate using gems to skip these meaningless steps!

ninasidstorm8
07-17-15, 02:59 PM
This is an unfortunate turn of events, breed a Plantlers (Common) and then later on breed a Spruce Moose (Rare). I have both animals and between the two element combinations, I am only missing one animal. I may only give this one a half hearted try by including other elements in hopes of getting the Palmeranian as a fail. I guess S8 thought the Plucked Pink Plumes Goal line was a bit too easy.

Thanks cocauina for the information.

sweetypies97
07-17-15, 03:15 PM
I hope I can get this on both games!

My breeding attempts:

iphone:
10 hours

iPad:
9 hours

Buttercup0001
07-17-15, 04:47 PM
I like the Electric Elk. I prepared for this and fortunately I planted 20hr Rune Prunes last night before bed. Unfortunately my breeding pair of Rock Rhino and Panda resulted in a 10hr Bamboon (fail no.1) I wonder how failed breeds I will get with this event. :rolleyes:

sandisin
07-17-15, 05:14 PM
Can we start trying to breed a spruce moose while on step 2 as long as we don't hatch it until we reach step 3?

oo56
07-17-15, 05:23 PM
I just got the breeding time for the Plantlers on my 1st time & hope that getting the Spruce Moose isn't too hard, since it's a Rare!

SummerNightSky
07-17-15, 05:39 PM
Well, my excitement about the Electric Elk went down quite a bit lol. Why not just have us breed a Spruce Moose in the first place?

I'll still give this one my best shot. I haven't done any Dark/Nature breeding yet, so plenty of Fails That Are Not Really Fails I have a shot at (Aurora Pegasus, Peamoth, Planther, Punk Skunk).

Do you have to deposit the Plantlers in a habitat for the game to say the goal is completed? Or can you just sell it right after clicking on the egg?

cocauina
07-17-15, 06:31 PM
This is an unfortunate turn of events, breed a Plantlers (Common) and then later on breed a Spruce Moose (Rare). I have both animals and between the two element combinations, I am only missing one animal. I may only give this one a half hearted try by including other elements in hopes of getting the Palmeranian as a fail. I guess S8 thought the Plucked Pink Plumes Goal line was a bit too easy.

Thanks cocauina for the information.

You're welcome :)

Well, my excitement about the Electric Elk went down quite a bit lol. Why not just have us breed a Spruce Moose in the first place?

I'll still give this one my best shot. I haven't done any Dark/Nature breeding yet, so plenty of Fails That Are Not Really Fails I have a shot at (Aurora Pegasus, Peamoth, Planther, Punk Skunk).

Do you have to deposit the Plantlers in a habitat for the game to say the goal is completed? Or can you just sell it right after clicking on the egg?

Sell it's enough, and I the game assumes "hatch" has putting the egg in the nest.

zaccy678
07-17-15, 09:43 PM
We just got done with Fladingo, I haven't even hatched him yet!!

This is almost exactly the same event!!

Can't seem to muster up much interest yet I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Ca7007
07-17-15, 09:48 PM
We just got done with Fladingo, I haven't even hatched him yet!!

This is almost exactly the same event!!

Can't seem to muster up much interest yet I'm afraid :rolleyes:
Same here. I wasn't expecting a goal for an animal so soon. Looks like my first try for Plantlers resulted in a Bamboon fail like some others. If I'm not wrong, it takes 11,330 food to level up a moose to 10. I'm hoping that this time I can actually breed a rare, because last time I was having trouble breeding common, but luckily I was able to finish in time. :p

31aug2002
07-18-15, 12:13 AM
I am stumped! I bred 2 plantlers in the hope of getting one ... But it is giving me 14hr breed time .:( I don't think I will be able to make it in this challenge. :(

sweetdeda
07-18-15, 12:49 AM
Bred Plantlers first try, on to collecting bugles, put in dark-nature in hopes of getting a spruce moose, completely baffled, I got 18 hour timer, can't find 18 hours on any of the breeding list?? Anyone know what it might be?

sweetdeda
07-18-15, 01:22 AM
Okay one breeding list I found has skunk punk as 18 so maybe that's what I have.

Here's my opinion of these type events.... I don't mind collecting whatever it might be from harvesting food, I actually find that pretty easy. What I don't like is breeding animals in already have, I finally got a spruce moose a couple weeks back, now I have to get another one. I don't want another one and have to decide what to sell for this animal I don't want and have to feed. I would much rather have the breeding and feeding be a new animal so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time. I like the electric elk so I will do everything I can to get it. But with the limited animals coming back I'd much rather be trying for Mamaroo that I missed first time around. Maybe there's just too many animals out at once, and I realize why, TL is hoping that we will just buy the missed animals, I get it, but I'd much rather try to breed them. I'm also a little bitter that I paid 200 gems for lava lagoon for it to now be on sale for 100.

ogreve
07-18-15, 01:31 AM
I'm not all too sure how to go about this. Yesterday I had a (for me) "record amount" of 369 gems, but I made very, very sure to stock up on the habitats that are on sale, so I spent a good while in moving animals around, replacing some habitats by the high end ones (2x Lava Lagoon, 1x Mystic Mire) and then moving them back. All of that was done in such a way that I only needed to sell a single animal: one of the baby Thunderhawk duplicates. This resulted in a great "forest upgrade", but after it I only had 69 gems left.
After that, a Thunderhawk was on the nest and I started the breeding for the Plantlers first: 9 hours! Excellent!
At that time I didn't know yet that we'll need a Spruce Moose, an animal I don't have. I had hoped to be able to go for full blooded breeding for the other limited animals now, which will leave the forest sooner than the Electric Elk.

This morning I sped the remainder of the hatching of the Thunderhawk so the Plantlers could be moved to the nest. I did plant Rune Prunes when the Plantlers was bred, so those should be done 2 hours after the Plantlers finishes hatching, but the hatching part is irrelevant as the second goal becomes active as soon as you move the Plantlers to the nest. It doesn't seem necessary to keep the Plantlers once it's hatched.

I then decided to use the harvesting time for 1 or 2 shots at the Great Danebow. First attempt: 13 hours, what a surprise...

It's at this point in time that I'm not 100% sure how to proceed, so, times for some calculations (and as I'm running low on gems (65 left now), I'm counting on NOT speeding much). When backtracking, for the Electric Elk I come to the following (assuming the Electric Elk does not leave the forest BEFORE Friday's regular update):
-Feeding a single Spruce Moose requires 2x 14 hours of evolution time. Total: 28 hours.
-Breeding and hatching time of the Spruce Moose is 15 hours. Total: 30 hours.

So, If I want to JUST make the goal, and if it really does NOT expire before Friday 20:30 CET (i.e. the normal update time), and if I don't want to spend gems, AND if I can make 100% efficient use of back-to-back breeding-hatching cycles without any delays, AND if I get a Spruce Moose on the first attempt, I'd still need to get a Spruce Moose breeding start latest at Wednesday 10:30 CET.

That leaves little slack space to go for everything.

One option is to take a spin on the wheel and go for it in an all-or-nothing 4-element strategy (nature-electric-water-dark), which COULD give the Palmyranian, the Great Danebow and the Spruce Moose, but... which so happens to be the EXACT combination I've been breeding many times the past week and that has mainly given commons. Another strategy could be to focus on the Spruce Moose and Palmyranian alone, by breeding nature-dark-electric, but... no shot at a Crystal Unicorn then and there would be 17 outcomes. The dark-electric combination has only given me a Bansheep and a lot of Koala Cadabras before, so this combination is not unattractive.

But.... with the Spruce Moose being 'rare' and the others being 'super rare', AND with me not having a Spruce Moose yet, AND with that being a beautiful animal, resulting then in a further beautiful Super Rare (i.e. the Electric Elk), AND with needing more outcomes from the dark-nature combination anyway (I only got the Planther and Aurora Pegasus), AND with not exactly being against getting a second (or more :P) Aurora Pegasus, I think I just found my answer just by writing all of this down here: nature-dark breeding, here I come!

Should I get the Spruce Moose early, I'll use the excess time for taking shots at the Great Danebow, I think. :P

chippychan
07-18-15, 06:25 AM
Okay one breeding list I found has skunk punk as 18 so maybe that's what I have.

Here's my opinion of these type events.... I don't mind collecting whatever it might be from harvesting food, I actually find that pretty easy. What I don't like is breeding animals in already have, I finally got a spruce moose a couple weeks back, now I have to get another one. I don't want another one and have to decide what to sell for this animal I don't want and have to feed. I would much rather have the breeding and feeding be a new animal so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time. I like the electric elk so I will do everything I can to get it. But with the limited animals coming back I'd much rather be trying for Mamaroo that I missed first time around. Maybe there's just too many animals out at once, and I realize why, TL is hoping that we will just buy the missed animals, I get it, but I'd much rather try to breed them. I'm also a little bitter that I paid 200 gems for lava lagoon for it to now be on sale for 100.

Yep, 18 hours is a Punk Skunk for that combo. :)

I completely understand your feelings about goals like these. This is what I've decided to do: the Pigmy goal made me realize that these types of 'quests' were going to be a normal thing, so now when I get a new animal I don't feed it at all. I keep it a baby as a 'just-in-case' fallback. If I get a second one I'll feed one to level it up and keep the second a baby duplicate. Just in case. :rolleyes:

The duplicates are taking up a lot of room in my forest though, and as a result I haven't been able to take any other limited animals out of my storage. I used to hatch everything, but now I'm afraid to in case I run out of room.

I don't mind having to breed 1 specific animal for a limited goal, but this one requires you to breed 2 specific animals (unless you already have a baby Spruce Moose, which I'm sure many people don't have) in a very short amount of time. I feel that's too much.

kuppikahvia
07-18-15, 07:32 AM
aargh the Spruce Moose thingy really makes it harder for me because I had decided to go all-in to try for the Great Dane, which I like a lot... (AND buying it is not an option even though I have plenty of gems and could easily do it)...

Hmm I guess I'll try my luck with the Great Dane nonetheless and just gem through the spruce moose - I'm not going to waste precious Dane-time :)

Drachenia
07-18-15, 11:02 AM
I'm not all too sure how to go about this. Yesterday I had a (for me) "record amount" of 369 gems, but I made very, very sure to stock up on the habitats that are on sale, so I spent a good while in moving animals around, replacing some habitats by the high end ones (2x Lava Lagoon, 1x Mystic Mire) and then moving them back. All of that was done in such a way that I only needed to sell a single animal: one of the baby Thunderhawk duplicates. This resulted in a great "forest upgrade", but after it I only had 69 gems left.
After that, a Thunderhawk was on the nest and I started the breeding for the Plantlers first: 9 hours! Excellent!
At that time I didn't know yet that we'll need a Spruce Moose, an animal I don't have. I had hoped to be able to go for full blooded breeding for the other limited animals now, which will leave the forest sooner than the Electric Elk.

This morning I sped the remainder of the hatching of the Thunderhawk so the Plantlers could be moved to the nest. I did plant Rune Prunes when the Plantlers was bred, so those should be done 2 hours after the Plantlers finishes hatching, but the hatching part is irrelevant as the second goal becomes active as soon as you move the Plantlers to the nest. It doesn't seem necessary to keep the Plantlers once it's hatched.

I then decided to use the harvesting time for 1 or 2 shots at the Great Danebow. First attempt: 13 hours, what a surprise...

It's at this point in time that I'm not 100% sure how to proceed, so, times for some calculations (and as I'm running low on gems (65 left now), I'm counting on NOT speeding much). When backtracking, for the Electric Elk I come to the following (assuming the Electric Elk does not leave the forest BEFORE Friday's regular update):
-Feeding a single Spruce Moose requires 2x 14 hours of evolution time. Total: 28 hours.
-Breeding and hatching time of the Spruce Moose is 15 hours. Total: 30 hours.

So, If I want to JUST make the goal, and if it really does NOT expire before Friday 20:30 CET (i.e. the normal update time), and if I don't want to spend gems, AND if I can make 100% efficient use of back-to-back breeding-hatching cycles without any delays, AND if I get a Spruce Moose on the first attempt, I'd still need to get a Spruce Moose breeding start latest at Wednesday 10:30 CET.

That leaves little slack space to go for everything.

One option is to take a spin on the wheel and go for it in an all-or-nothing 4-element strategy (nature-electric-water-dark), which COULD give the Palmyranian, the Great Danebow and the Spruce Moose, but... which so happens to be the EXACT combination I've been breeding many times the past week and that has mainly given commons. Another strategy could be to focus on the Spruce Moose and Palmyranian alone, by breeding nature-dark-electric, but... no shot at a Crystal Unicorn then and there would be 17 outcomes. The dark-electric combination has only given me a Bansheep and a lot of Koala Cadabras before, so this combination is not unattractive.

But.... with the Spruce Moose being 'rare' and the others being 'super rare', AND with me not having a Spruce Moose yet, AND with that being a beautiful animal, resulting then in a further beautiful Super Rare (i.e. the Electric Elk), AND with needing more outcomes from the dark-nature combination anyway (I only got the Planther and Aurora Pegasus), AND with not exactly being against getting a second (or more :P) Aurora Pegasus, I think I just found my answer just by writing all of this down here: nature-dark breeding, here I come!

Should I get the Spruce Moose early, I'll use the excess time for taking shots at the Great Danebow, I think. :P

Hello Ogreve thank you for your many helpful tips! I am the beginning of the game there and him I have only 2 Spruce moss breeding this time. I enjoyed my 2 Spruce moss sold from lack of space. I am desperate because Spruce moss is really difficult to breed.
My results so far 2x Thunderhawk, Planther, Koala Cadabra and Porkupine, I just 18 hours. I breed with Jade Kirin / Thunderhawk

ninasidstorm8
07-18-15, 12:56 PM
On my third try for the Plantlers, I got my 9 hour timer. It will be 23 hours before its hatched, since I need to clear a 14 hour Hedgehog fail from the nest first. So I plan to plant a set of 20 hour crops to get a head start on Step 2 in another 3 hours. As it happens, I have an extra level 1 Spruce Moose (in addition to one at level 10) from a failed attempt to get the Skunk Punk at the beginning of June.

I have a few hours to decide but I am debating on the next step. I would hate to spend 25 gems to skip step 3 but I would really rather try to breed a Palmeranian for the short time it is available. It is the first animal that I hadn't obtained before it left the Forest, so I have a particular soft spot for it.

I am leaning to trying for the Spruce Moose one time. I still need a Skunk Punk as well and the incubation times for Dark/Nature are closer to the 9 hours for the Plantlers so I would have less gaps. I am also considering using a 3 Nature/Dark/Electric combination to try for the Spruce Moose and Palmeranian at the same time. The bad part of this strategy is that I opens up a lot of long Electric/Dark fails and I don't need any Electric/Dark animals. I could throw in an Earth element to go for a Crystal Unicorn and add in a the possibility of getting couple other animals that I need.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Isn't it nice to have choices.;)

Drachenia
07-18-15, 01:27 PM
The 18 hours have been Bansheep and have get spruce moss to breeding with Jade Kirin / Thunderhawk. Now I am to collect 33% of the horns, but I'm waiting to put into the nest. I have yet to make the 2 task done. But I'm glad that I was able to breed spruce moss again. Good luck to all in the breeding spruce moss

YasminIssa
07-18-15, 02:41 PM
Got the Spruce Moose first try by breeding Peamoth X Planther.

ogreve
07-18-15, 03:42 PM

The above was written in the afternoon today. Then, when I moved the Conducktor breeding to the nest I made good on that thought and put in my trusty Pandaffodil (15) + Skyger (15) and instantly got... ....a 16 hour timer!!!
You guys will NOT believe just how happy I am with that 'fail' (see above), even at a time that I'd really need the Spruce Moose or would like to go for the 3 limited animals. Heck, if I'd end up getting Aurora Pegasuses each and every time as fails from this combination, I'd keep all of them and then just have an Aurora Pegasus fly over EACH of my dark and nature habitats (which are quite a few in my forest), ha ha!!
Really, believe it or not, but I *SO* much love my epic Aurora Pegasus that I was secretly hoping to get him as a 'fail' this week. I did. Now, even if this week of limited breeding will end up in total disaster as has so often been the case for me with limited breeding, I'll STILL be well happy to have gotten that second Aurora Pegasus. It's just what I need for having above my newly acquired Lava Lagoons. :)
Already my nr. 1 habitat was carefully positioned yesterday evening at the top of the dark spots, being a Lava Lagoon with the epic Aurora Pegasus above it, and my two Gold Lions (levels 15 and 10) in it. I didn't want anything else flying in front of the Aurora Pegasus, nor walking in front of the Gold Lions, so as an exception this is my only high end habitat (out of a total of 5) that I have NOT fitted with 4 animals.
When this newly acquired Aurora Pegasus is done, I'll try to see what it looks like when added to this habitat. If it becomes too crowded, I'll just put it over the second Lava Lagoon that I put right next to it. Wow, already I'm loving all of this.

Now then, as for breeding results since the new update:
1) Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers. [Desired outcome, to start the Electric Elk quest]
2) Frostfang (15) + Lightning Leopard (15): Conducktor (this was an attempt at the Great Danebow).
3) Pandaffodil (15) + Skyger (15): AURORA PEGASUS!!! :) :D :cool: [A most EXCELLENT 'fail' - My second Pegasus]
4) Pandaffodil (15) + Skyger (15): Planther [Bad fail]
5) Planther (11) + Twilight Troll (11): Peamoth [Good 'fail' - New animal for me!]
6) Planther (11) + Twilight Troll (11): 15 hours!: [B]SPRUCE MOOSE!!! [Desired outcome, to proceed with the Electric Elk quest]

I did it!!!! Early this morning I sped the remaining two hours of the Peamoth breeding and put the same duo in the den and got the 15 hours timer!!! :)
Wow! This has been a few days of very successful, fun and rewarding breeding! When the game goes like this it's a lot of fun. In this quest I got two new animals, got my 2nd Aurora Pegasus (a thing I *really* wanted!), got to enjoy the beautiful dark-nature eggs on the nest, and it will see to it that I get the Electric Elk (I've already got plenty of food for it)! :)
Now, it even leaves time to have a few shots at the Great Danebow or maybe the Palmeranian.
In a way I don't want to discontinue the dark-nature breeding so I could see if three times would be a lucky charm and that the same breeding combination would also instantly give me the Punk Skunk (i.e. the last one I need from this combination), but then I would have pretty much no shot left at the limited animals, so as much as I hate doing it, I'll switch breeding once the Spruce Moose goes to the nest.... Let's hope I'll fare equally well for the limited animals....:P

RowanaFarrin
07-18-15, 04:18 PM
Congrats on the Pegasus, ogreve! I would not mind one of those either!

Well, my second try at breeding a plantlers and I got 14 hours this time. XD On the plus side, I don't have either a hedgehog or a grasssquatch, so I'm not complaining too much! :) It's going to make the rest of the goal hard though, unless I get really really lucky on the Spruce Moose and get it the first or second try. No harm in trying though!

Good luck everyone!

cocauina
07-18-15, 05:17 PM
Well, when I started this goal, I had a Elephantom in the nest, that takes more than Plantlers. So I only officially started the goal today.

Almost 3hrs ago, my Elephantom hatch ended and I sold it because I already have 2 of them, finished the breed, a Plantlers on the nest and I start to choose the combo that I wanted to breed and thinking "well, let's start with the Planther fails and the rest of the ones that I don't want", I was so pessimist about this since with the Pigmy goal I had Solar Simian so late, spent gems to finish the food when I had minutes left to get the animal, but I still didn't got it because my goal said I still had a couple of minutes when it has already ended. I was really pessimist about this, reported and nothing was done because I wasn't able to finish when my goal said that I still had time left.

So yeah, Solar Simian is rare like Spruce Moose is and assumed that this goal would be exactly the same... When I put the combo in the breeding den (dark/nature) and on my first try I get a 15hrs timer, I was chocked.. I was looking for the timer like a dumb and thinking "no way.. nah nah nah.. no, I need to check the timer for every dark/nature", since I was chocked and being dumb at the same time I needed to see the obvious, because I knew that Spruce Moose was 15hrs but since I could not believe in the obvious that I already knew (my brain: COCAUINA, YOU FU*KING DUMB) I checked the timers for dark/nature, and Spruce Moose was the only one with 15hrs (my brain once more: I TOLD YOU, YOU STUPID), I screamed to myself, at the same time I was like "why the fu*k am I reaction like this, you already knew about this stupid!". Yes, my reaction was priceless (or not) xD

Now I need to wait 12hrs to Spruce Moose ends, but I need to wait more 5hrs because I still need 40% of Booming Bugles (80 booming bugles), currently I have 60% (120 Booming Buggles) completed.

Good luck for the rest that is still trying to get a Spruce Moose, I hope that you have has much luck as I had when breeding it :p

luna2cute
07-18-15, 05:22 PM
Strangely enough I got plantlers first try, basic element breeding.

Trying for for spruce moose now as I wait for one more 20 hour crop.

How ow many hours is it again? I guess I could read the thread again. Lol.

I really like these short and sweet quests. Mostly doable, unless you get stuck on a breeding which I have! Then it's frustrating. But when you finally get them it's not so bad. :)

luna2cute
07-18-15, 05:25 PM
Found it! 15 hours. I have 14. Darn!

Maybe next one!! Lol

cocauina
07-18-15, 05:37 PM
Found it! 15 hours. I have 14. Darn!

Maybe next one!! Lol

ahahah my last post has the timer for Spruce Moose xD At least it's not a Common, it's a Rare one, but it's the wrong Rare animal, like when mining "too close!" Hope you get Spruce Moose in your next try!

And I've added the incubation to the first post :)

luna2cute
07-18-15, 06:06 PM
Thank you cocauina!!

Yes, so close, but yet so far away! Lol.

ninasidstorm8
07-18-15, 06:10 PM
A couple of tips
- For Goal 2 try to plant food before reach goal w so you reach goal 5 you already have the food ready to be harvested, 20hrs food is the best one because it will give you more feathers.

Cocauina, I noticed this from your first post. It looks like you copied it from the last goal by mistake.

SummerNightSky
07-18-15, 06:12 PM
I was incredibly lucky to get Spruce Moose on my first attempt at breeding Dark + Nature. I saw the 15 hour timer, had no idea what it was, so went online to check what it could be, found out it was Spruce Moose, and went "HOLY SH**" xD

I'm not used to having that kind of luck. Just need to wait another 5 hours to finish collecting Bugles, then I can put it in the nest.

cocauina
07-18-15, 06:48 PM
A couple of tips
- For Goal 2 try to plant food before reach goal 2 so you reach goal 2 you already have the food ready to be harvested, 20hrs food is the best one because it will give you more feathers.

Cocauina, I noticed this from your first post. It looks like you copied it from the last goal by mistake.

I didn't copied by mistake, I copied because I wanted, what I didn't notice was that I didn't change the name from feathers to Booming Bugles, from goal 5 to goal 2, put a w right next to the 2nd goal instead of a 2 and didn't change the timer for crops. And I still didn't had all the goals for this goal line. xD

Thanks! It has already been updated! :p

A2TUDE
07-18-15, 08:08 PM
Ok just completed task

15hrs on nest

kuppikahvia
07-19-15, 02:11 AM
Bummer... got to change strategy, I just realized that skipping the feeding costs a whopping 10 gems per feed, and since all I have is a lvl10 spruce moose, I'd have to spend 250 gems only for the feeding + 25 for skipping the breeding, so it's no thanks.
I have to start looking for a Spruce Moose but I was trying for the Great Dane and now have a looong counter on both the nest and the den :(
Miscalculated... oh well, hopefully I'll make it on time still.

What a pity though that this quest should be parallel to the older super rares being breedable for such a short time! (I know, they want you to give up and buy them, but I just won't, because what's the point of buying an egg in a breeding game? :-p )

Buttercup0001
07-19-15, 02:55 AM
I like the Electric Elk. I prepared for this and fortunately I planted 20hr Rune Prunes last night before bed. Unfortunately my breeding pair of Rock Rhino and Panda resulted in a 10hr Bamboon (fail no.1) I wonder how failed breeds I will get with this event. :rolleyes:

Just an update.Step 1 of event, after my 1st failed attempt at a Plantler, I bred one on my 2nd attempt, step 1complete. Step 2, Im now 60% on collecting Booming Bugles. This step will be competed by tomorrow morning once my rune prunes are ready. Step 3. I thought I would begin trying to breed a Spruce Moose. My 1st attempt breeding a Skyger and a Pandaffodil resulted in an 18hr timer. Although its not a Spruce Moose, I'm extremely happy as I bred an absolutely adorable Punk Skunk. Happy Dance :D

31aug2002
07-19-15, 03:49 AM
I am singularly unlucky . In the last quest did not get catypuss or Mercat. For plantlers had to try 3. Times before getting it . Now have already bread to planthers !!! When will I get my spruce moose.aaaaarrrrrgghhh....

sweetdeda
07-19-15, 04:36 AM
I'm 49 bugles away from the goal, but 5 attempts for spruce moose have all been fails. I think i will try for Mamaroo today and tomorrow then go back to trying for spruce moose. I have one already at level 7 so if I feed that one to level 9 and feed the new one to equal my 50, I should only have to evolve once. That is if I'm even successful at breeding a spruce moose. Good luck everyone.

popcorn1958
07-19-15, 04:55 AM
Oh dear don't think I'm going to manage this one just read this post on breeding hatching time and I just put a ruby 45 hours for hatching

HappyHeartBakery
07-19-15, 06:10 AM
Interesting quest so far.
Got step 1 done after 2 tries.
Harvesting ,y food while working toward the spruce moose
2 Planther's (which I didn't have yet) & now an Aurauo Pegusus - which I also needed. GREAT fails. But hopefully I can get the silly spruce mouse before time runs out:D

Sandybellee
07-19-15, 06:51 AM
The above was written in the afternoon today. Then, when I moved the Conducktor breeding to the nest I made good on that thought and put in my trusty Pandaffodil (15) + Skyger (15) and instantly got... ....a 16 hour timer!!!
You guys will NOT believe just how happy I am with that 'fail' (see above), even at a time that I'd really need the Spruce Moose or would like to go for the 3 limited animals. Heck, if I'd end up getting Aurora Pegasuses each and every time as fails from this combination, I'd keep all of them and then just have an Aurora Pegasus fly over EACH of my dark and nature habitats (which are quite a few in my forest), ha ha!!
Really, believe it or not, but I *SO* much love my epic Aurora Pegasus that I was secretly hoping to get him as a 'fail' this week. I did. Now, even if this week of limited breeding will end up in total disaster as has so often been the case for me with limited breeding, I'll STILL be well happy to have gotten that second Aurora Pegasus. It's just what I need for having above my newly acquired Lava Lagoons....

Congrats, Olafo! That's a great fail. Aurora Pegasus is so beautiful.

I think I'm going to skip this goal because I don't want to feed so many apples to the moose (which I don't even have yet). I'm trying to level up some fighters for upcoming tournaments instead.
I was going to keep breeding with 4 elements throughout but I do want to try for the limited animals too. Tough decisions. I also want to do more nature-dark breedings because I'm getting annoyed with how every single 2-element nature-dark breeding I've done has given me a Planther so far since I started playing FFS.

Good luck everyone!

ninasidstorm8
07-19-15, 07:29 AM
IMPORTANT: For anyone who hasn't completed Step 1 of this Goal Line yet, Step 1 is completed when you move the Plantlers to the nest. NOT when it's hatched. This shortens the period of time when you know you have the Plantlers and the start of Step 2 to 9 hours (or the time required to hatch the egg in your nest). Plan your food planting strategy accordingly. I believe that this fact was mentioned earlier in the thread but I ignored it.

I wish TL/S8 would use this same strategy for the goals associated with hatching a tournament animal.

mymummy789
07-19-15, 07:59 AM
i have been playing this game since it started and have never managed to get a spruce moose! I wonder if my luck will change now that I have to breed one?

sweetdeda
07-19-15, 09:53 AM
Decided to alternate trying for spruce moose and Mamaroo, got a 15 hour timer with Aurora Pegasus and Twilight Troll. I will have the rest of my bugles in about 3 hours. So I should wrap this challenge up tomorrow after the 1 evolution I will need (already have 1 spruce moose I can feed). So my breeding can be focused on Mamaroo.
Good luck everyone and happy breeding.

cocauina
07-19-15, 10:36 AM
IMPORTANT: For anyone who hasn't completed Step 1 of this Goal Line yet, Step 1 is completed when you move the Plantlers to the nest. NOT when it's hatched. This shortens the period of time when you know you have the Plantlers and the start of Step 2 to 9 hours (or the time required to hatch the egg in your nest). Plan your food planting strategy accordingly. I believe that this fact was mentioned earlier in the thread but I ignored it.

I wish TL/S8 would use this same strategy for the goals associated with hatching a tournament animal.

Added to the first post, forgot to thank you about that important info :)

Yes, it would make things a lot easier.. Some goals are impossible.

ninasidstorm8
07-19-15, 11:09 AM
Added to the first post, forgot to thank you about that important info :)

Yes, it would make things a lot easier.. Some goals are impossible.

You are welcome. I don't know if it works the same for the Spruce Moose but if it does, I would be a little ticked off if I moved a Spruce Moose to the nest before completing Step 2 thinking I had to hatch it for Step 3 and find out it didn't count.

My first try for the Spruce Moose was a Planther, which I kind of expected.

SummerNightSky
07-19-15, 12:02 PM
You are welcome. I don't know if it works the same for the Spruce Moose but if it does, I would be a little ticked off if I moved a Spruce Moose to the nest before completing Step 2 thinking I had to hatch it for Step 3 and find out it didn't count.

My first try for the Spruce Moose was a Planther, which I kind of expected.
It does work the same for the Spruce Moose, so for anyone with a Spruce Moose in the breeding garden, DO NOT send the egg to the nest until you have 1) finished collecting Bugles and 2) started the third goal of the goal line (from the goal menu).

Congratulations to everyone who has been successful breeding a Spruce Moose and good luck to those currently trying.

ninasidstorm8
07-19-15, 12:24 PM
It does work the same for the Spruce Moose, so for anyone with a Spruce Moose in the breeding garden, DO NOT send the egg to the nest until you have 1) finished collecting Bugles and 2) started the third goal of the goal line (from the goal menu).

Congratulations to everyone who has been successful breeding a Spruce Moose and good luck to those currently trying.

Thanks for the information.

It surprises me that definition of hatch is different for this event. If I had known that, I would have done a couple things different. I would have started my 20 hour crops sooner and I would have tried for something else before my first Spruce Moose fail, since the animal would most likely clear the nest before I finished Step 2. I should complete Step 2 in about 15 hours. My next breeding attempt will be in about 1/2 hour, so if it is 15 hours, then it will be out of the breeding den shortly after I complete Step 2. I would like to finish this goal as soon as possible to get a few chance at the Palmeranian.

RowanaFarrin
07-19-15, 04:22 PM
Finally got Plantlers on the third try and just finished step 1! I'll be done with step 2 by tomorrow morning. First try to get Spruce Moose was 18 hours: Punk Skunk! While not what I needed, I don't have one yet and I love skunks! :) Pretty happy about that, even if it does mean less time to try for Spruce Moose.

HappyHeartBakery
07-19-15, 04:35 PM
Interesting quest so far.
Got step 1 done after 2 tries.
Harvesting ,y food while working toward the spruce moose
2 Planther's (which I didn't have yet) & now an Aurauo Pegusus - which I also needed. GREAT fails. But hopefully I can get the silly spruce mouse before time runs out:D

So my Pegusus is in the nest. Next attempt for spruce mouse = Peamoth (great fail since I don't have yet). But I am starting to get worried I'll run out of time to breed the spruce mouse. If I get it in the next breed cycle (or 2) this will have been an awesome goal for me. Adding lots of needed animals.
What have people been breeding to get the spruce np mouse? I've been saving my food for the feeding step so I only have the panda, Skygar & twilight troll to work with. Guess I could feed some of the new animals & evole for breeding? Any thoughts?

How much food do we need for last step?

SummerNightSky
07-19-15, 05:10 PM
What have people been breeding to get the spruce np mouse? I've been saving my food for the feeding step so I only have the panda, Skygar & twilight troll to work with. Guess I could feed some of the new animals & evole for breeding? Any thoughts?

How much food do we need for last step?
I got my Spruce Moose with Pandaffodil x Skyger. I wouldn't worry about feeding/evolving the new animals.

As for food needed for the last step, it's 11,330.

sweetdeda
07-19-15, 05:23 PM
I got my Spruce Moose with Pandaffodil x Skyger. I wouldn't worry about feeding/evolving the new animals.

As for food needed for the last step, it's 11,330.

Yikes when you see the actual number it makes feeding an animal I don't want even worse.

SummerNightSky
07-19-15, 05:27 PM
Yikes when you see the actual number it makes feeding an animal I don't want even worse.
Yeah, it does add up fast. I'm just glad they aren't asking us to feed a Super Rare.

deadpixel
07-19-15, 10:35 PM
Gee! In the past I could never get a Spruce Moose no matter how hard I tried, but thanks to this task, I got it on my first try. I'd completely given up on ever getting it and even forgot it existed until this event.

ogreve
07-20-15, 12:41 AM
Wow! I just got it this morning, on the 5th dark-nature attempt!!! :)
The food is well ready for it, so I should be able to make it at leisure now. Nice!!! :)

31aug2002
07-20-15, 12:48 AM
My 5th try is also going to give me a planther . As a result I have no time to try for Dane palmeranian or mamaroo :( as these will go away from market:(

luna2cute
07-20-15, 01:36 AM
Still trying for spruce moose...

kuppikahvia
07-20-15, 01:59 AM
So far:

2 attempts at spruce moose = 2 planthers
3 attempts at Great Danebow = 1 duck, 1 falconch and 1 Beever (which I didn't have yet, at least...)

I guess I'll have to stop even trying for the super rare Danebow if I want to at least get the Elk in the end... :( very sad

ninasidstorm8
07-20-15, 07:27 AM
I completed Step 2 and my first 2 attempts at the Spruce Moose have been a pair of Planthers. Since I have a level 1 and a level 10 Spruce Moose, I am going to put this goal on hold until after the next update and try a few 4 element combinations to try for the Palmeranian and fill in a few holes in my album.

31aug2002
07-20-15, 09:47 AM
Dear god ... Another planther on the way!!! I don't think I am destined to get the electric elk....:(:(

oo56
07-20-15, 10:58 AM
Last night, on my 2nd try (1st try = Planther), I got the Spruce Moose and and I so wanted the Mamaroo, but after 3 tries (which all were Armordillos), I don't think I'll have enough time (or luck) to get one, since the sale ends tomorrow! Oh well!:eek:

theone2001
07-20-15, 12:32 PM
Must be something in the air. I also got it on my 5th try.
First 4 I combined Skyger and Pandaffodil and each time the result was planther. :(
5th time thought I would try something different so I combined Skyger and Twilight Troll.

and.... there was a 15 hour timer!!!!

I thought I was going to miss out on this like the last few.

I have plenty of planther stew to go around as well as stew from the last few goals!

**** luck to those who haven't gotten spruce moose yet!

MaribouMay
07-20-15, 01:27 PM
Still trying for spruce moose...

Me too! I started trying just after I bred my Plantlers. So far I have have bred 11 Planthers and nothing else. :-(

My Spruce Moose is level 7, so even though I have saved enough food, it can't take 50 feedings before it becomes epic.

Buttercup0001
07-20-15, 04:17 PM
Just an update.Step 1 of event, after my 1st failed attempt at a Plantler, I bred one on my 2nd attempt, step 1complete. Step 2, Im now 60% on collecting Booming Bugles. This step will be competed by tomorrow morning once my rune prunes are ready. Step 3. I thought I would begin trying to breed a Spruce Moose. My 1st attempt breeding a Skyger and a Pandaffodil resulted in an 18hr timer. Although its not a Spruce Moose, I'm extremely happy as I bred an absolutely adorable Punk Skunk. Happy Dance :D

Since I put my punk skunk on the nest, I have bred 2 planthers, 2 10hr fails ugh. Hopefully the next time I put a dark and nature combo to breed, fingers crossed I get a spruce moose. I just wished that TL released those limited animals not to coincide with this quest as I cannot try for those and the spruce moose at the same time. If only we could buy another breeding den and nest. Anyway thats off topic, good luck all and congrats to those who have aquired the electric elk.

sweetdeda
07-20-15, 05:24 PM
My electric elk is safely in storage, good luck to all still trying.

ninasidstorm8
07-20-15, 06:15 PM
Well, taking a break to get a Palmeranian hasn't worked out so far. My latest 17 hour fail should be out of the Breeding Den about an hour before tomorrow's update, so I should get one more shot at it. I assume we will have a tournament tomorrow, so I'll return to breeding a Spruce Moose after that.

mraguia
07-20-15, 06:47 PM
Peamouth + Planther worked for me as well
Thanks YasminIssa

31aug2002
07-20-15, 09:47 PM
Ok so that's why I stopped playing the game earlier!! I had downloaded this game to complete a quest in another game and leveled up, but was so pissed with the slow breeding process that I quit. Came back to it again to lvl up for a quest again and thought of giving it a try... But again the breeding hatching process is so slow and when you get a fail...one is put off. Speeding costs gems which most of us don't have... So well you r tempted to quit . There should be a cancel option in breeding and hatching when one is getting an animal one doesn't want. It should cost coins and not gems ... Or they should make coins as speeding up option
:( :( :( :( :(

( a disgruntled player on her 8th panther now)

Allixiandra
07-20-15, 11:00 PM
Planther, Planther, Planther, Planther ...oh and hey...another Planther....

If there is a god, then please give me a Spruce Moose, I am begging you! And I promise I will be a good girl and keep all these Planthers and give them a nice warm home...otherwise I will kick them out of my forest and tell everyone how nasty and greedy they are so they have to stay on their own for the rest of their poor life.:mad:

kuppikahvia
07-21-15, 02:24 AM
Wow I can't believe that I actually got a 15hr count just this morning... It means that I should make it on time at least to get the Elk, whereas I fear I won't get any of the three limited time super rares (which I am missing, all of them!) Maybe I can squeeze in one last try but I'm not sure.

Do you guys know at what time the Great Danebow etc. will disappear?

babiiba
07-21-15, 02:44 AM
Wow I can't believe that I actually got a 15hr count just this morning... It means that I should make it on time at least to get the Elk, whereas I fear I won't get any of the three limited time super rares (which I am missing, all of them!) Maybe I can squeeze in one last try but I'm not sure.

Last time these limited ones lasted only until Tuesday.. (Altogether 4 days), so perhaps it'll end today.
I'm disappointed cause not only I fail with Spruce Moose but also with these limited ones. Then just a few minutes ago I accidentally bought a Mamaroo, which I never did before, I like having the animals by breeding..
Neverthelesd, this is a creature I wanted so much, so perhaps it was worth the 250 gems!

ogreve
07-21-15, 03:53 AM

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but I just issued an "early warning" in this post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83274-07-17-2015-Update&p=1146087&viewfull=1#post1146087

Now, as written in that post, the previous set of three limited animals ended 1 hour BEFORE the regular Tuesday update. Already the 'splash' screen for these animals (and the three habitats that are on sale) mentioned that they'd expire TODAY.

When this happened to the Nightmare I was really left wondering WHY it ended 1 hour before the regular update, which came across to me as very odd. Then, a few days later I think I found the answer: Dragon Story popped up as a goal in FFS. I did have DS on the iPhone already but hadn't played it much, so I started playing it to meet the goal (and to give DS a try), then after a while I noticed something odd: both FFS and DS offered value packs that expired on a Tuesday, but.... the DS value pack expired 1 hour EARLIER than that of FFS! This is then precisely the timing on which the week before the Nightmare expired one hour earlier than the regular update! I'm not sure if TL messed up or intentionally tied the expiration of the limited FFS animals to the expiration of the DS value pack, instead of that of the FFS one, but beware! The same might happen today!

You're probably best off making any and all moves at getting them BEFORE 19:30 CET. From the looks of your user ID I'm guessing you live in Finland, so if that assumption is correct, you too are probably in the CET timezone or you're just one hour ahead of it, but either way: make sure to make your move(s) more than 1 hour before the regular update time.

Now, to return to the topic of the Electric Elk: I'm really glad I decided to go for that one first! The dark-nature breeding has given me GREAT outcomes and in 52 minutes my Spruce Moose will undergo its first evolution. This quest has been a lot of fun, and very fruitful for me.
For those who haven't yet gotten the Spruce Moose and are all-in trying, here's some advice:
-In order to NOT have to spend gems on it, you'd "need" to have the breeding of it start around Wednesday 10:30 CET latest. Then it will take a back-to-back breeding-hatching-feeding-evolution-feeding-evolution-feeding cycle, requiring 11,330 food.
-If you don't meet the above and want to speed somewhat for it, it would be smart to start speeding early, so you can get additional bombs as "collaterals" from the way you spend gems. The alternative would be to speed the evolutions, but that doesn't give you any additional rewards (other than it probably being cheaper in terms of how many gems you'd have to spend).

Good luck to all!!!
Olafo

RowanaFarrin
07-21-15, 04:14 AM
Try 2 and 3 for Spruce Moose got me Planthers. Starting to run out of time on this one, hopefully I'll get really lucky tonight! At least I got a Punk Skunk though!

HappyHeartBakery
07-21-15, 07:23 AM
Peamouth + Planther worked for me as well
Thanks YasminIssa

Just running out of time. Keep getting everything BUT the Spruce Mouse (or the punk skunk). And while I didn't have any of the other animals before this goal, I really don't need 4-5 of all the others:(.
I've got another Peamoth in nest & planther breeding.
I guess I'll give this combo a try OR someone else said they had luck with Skygar & twilight troll

Come on spruce mouse!!

kuppikahvia
07-21-15, 11:46 AM
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but I just issued an "early warning" in this post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83274-07-17-2015-Update&p=1146087&viewfull=1#post1146087

Now, as written in that post, the previous set of three limited animals ended 1 hour BEFORE the regular Tuesday update. Already the 'splash' screen for these animals (and the three habitats that are on sale) mentioned that they'd expire TODAY.

When this happened to the Nightmare I was really left wondering WHY it ended 1 hour before the regular update, which came across to me as very odd. Then, a few days later I think I found the answer: Dragon Story popped up as a goal in FFS. I did have DS on the iPhone already but hadn't played it much, so I started playing it to meet the goal (and to give DS a try), then after a while I noticed something odd: both FFS and DS offered value packs that expired on a Tuesday, but.... the DS value pack expired 1 hour EARLIER than that of FFS! This is then precisely the timing on which the week before the Nightmare expired one hour earlier than the regular update! I'm not sure if TL messed up or intentionally tied the expiration of the limited FFS animals to the expiration of the DS value pack, instead of that of the FFS one, but beware! The same might happen today!

You're probably best off making any and all moves at getting them BEFORE 19:30 CET. From the looks of your user ID I'm guessing you live in Finland, so if that assumption is correct, you too are probably in the CET timezone or you're just one hour ahead of it, but either way: make sure to make your move(s) more than 1 hour before the regular update time.

Now, to return to the topic of the Electric Elk: I'm really glad I decided to go for that one first! The dark-nature breeding has given me GREAT outcomes and in 52 minutes my Spruce Moose will undergo its first evolution. This quest has been a lot of fun, and very fruitful for me.
For those who haven't yet gotten the Spruce Moose and are all-in trying, here's some advice:
-In order to NOT have to spend gems on it, you'd "need" to have the breeding of it start around Wednesday 10:30 CET latest. Then it will take a back-to-back breeding-hatching-feeding-evolution-feeding-evolution-feeding cycle, requiring 11,330 food.
-If you don't meet the above and want to speed somewhat for it, it would be smart to start speeding early, so you can get additional bombs as "collaterals" from the way you spend gems. The alternative would be to speed the evolutions, but that doesn't give you any additional rewards (other than it probably being cheaper in terms of how many gems you'd have to spend).

Good luck to all!!!
Olafo

Thank you Olafo, very informative as usual. I did try one last time but I got a 13hr count as a result, so no Great Danebow for me (just like breeding for the Nightmare was unsuccessful). Well at least I got a Beever out of this and especially I'll probably be able to get the Elk in time, as my Spruce Moose will be ready Tomorrow morning :)

Btw congrats for the Language recognition, do you have any familiarity with the Finnish culture? (I should probably pm you but I confess I've never done it :-p )

HappyHeartBakery
07-21-15, 03:42 PM
Just running out of time. Keep getting everything BUT the Spruce Mouse (or the punk skunk). And while I didn't have any of the other animals before this goal, I really don't need 4-5 of all the others:(.
I've got another Peamoth in nest & planther breeding.
I guess I'll give this combo a try OR someone else said they had luck with Skygar & twilight troll

Come on spruce mouse!!

WHY am I having so much trouble getting this little guy???

rjazz
07-21-15, 03:49 PM
I only gotten 10 hours every time-no what matter what I try for breeding pairs. This might be the first one i don't get. :(

ogreve
07-21-15, 04:08 PM
Thank you Olafo, very informative as usual. I did try one last time but I got a 13hr count as a result, so no Great Danebow for me (just like breeding for the Nightmare was unsuccessful). Well at least I got a Beever out of this and especially I'll probably be able to get the Elk in time, as my Spruce Moose will be ready Tomorrow morning :)

Btw congrats for the Language recognition, do you have any familiarity with the Finnish culture? (I should probably pm you but I confess I've never done it :-p )

Hi,

You're welcome!
It sounds like you've had some very similar results to mine:
-Got the Spruce Moose. Yay! \O/
-Will get the Electric Elk tomorrow. Yay! \O/
-Got no Great Danebow. No yay. :(
-Got no Nightmare. Double no yay :( :( :(
-Got the Beever as a collateral. Semi yay \O [It's a new animal, but it's ugly :P]

As for the language thing: thanks, I like languages a lot. I don't have any specific familiarity with the Finnish culture other than having known some Finnish girls in my student days and having made a stop-over at the Helsinki airport twice (when going to and from Japan, on a Finnair flight). It's just that Finnish is a highly unique language (just like e.g. Hungarian and Basque), so written Finnish is normally easy to recognise. :)

Splashy81
07-21-15, 04:33 PM
Decided to alternate trying for spruce moose and Mamaroo, got a 15 hour timer with Aurora Pegasus and Twilight Troll. I will have the rest of my bugles in about 3 hours. So I should wrap this challenge up tomorrow after the 1 evolution I will need (already have 1 spruce moose I can feed). So my breeding can be focused on Mamaroo.
Good luck everyone and happy breeding.

Thanks for this info!! I just got the coveted 15-hour timer by breeding Aurora x Twilight Troll, both at epic. This follows MANY fails for the Moose... days of non-stop breeding for it, save for the one super-lucky Danebow break I took over the weekend!

I don't even want the Elk (I don't care for his looks), but I feel compelled to get him! I have great plans for him.. He'll make excellent company for the other 19 dragons I have in storage! :)

RowanaFarrin
07-21-15, 05:35 PM
Well, last try at Spruce Moose and I got 14 hours. So close yet so FAR! So no Elk for me. :( (I don't have enough gems left after habitat buying to do any speeding.) On the plus side I got a Hedgehog and a Peamoth, neither of which I had before, and the adorable Punk Skunk! (Super happy about that one. I love skunks!) So the breeding attempts weren't a total loss.

Edit: I could not resist naming my Punk Skunk: Flower. :P

luna2cute
07-21-15, 06:50 PM
Planther
Planther
Peamoth
Planther
Planther

argh!!!!!

HappyHeartBakery
07-21-15, 07:32 PM
WHY am I having so much trouble getting this little guy???

I'm starting to hate the Planther...I got a little crazy & spent too many gems only to continue to get Planthers. No more gem spending. I've tried every combination. Just not working out. So sad��

Buttercup0001
07-21-15, 07:37 PM
I can only breed Planthers....one after another......and time is running out :S .........here sprucey moosey...... come to my forest, I have lots of nexus nuts for you :rolleyes: lol

luna2cute
07-21-15, 08:04 PM
Oh bribery! Great idea!!!

BiggerBubbles
07-21-15, 08:44 PM
So many planthers... Just got an 18 hr timer, not a spruce moose, anyone any idea what it is!

ninasidstorm8
07-21-15, 08:47 PM
So many planthers... Just got an 18 hr timer, not a spruce moose, anyone any idea what it is!

If you only used Dark & Nature, then it should be a Skunk Punk

BiggerBubbles
07-21-15, 09:05 PM
If you only used Dark & Nature, then it should be a Skunk Punk

Yes I was as I was trying for the spruce moose. Don't have a punk skunk and it is getting a bit late to get the elk, so I will be very happy with the skunk instead. Tks for answering. 🐢🐢🐢

sweetypies97
07-22-15, 01:35 AM
Nothing but Plantlers and peamoths for me on both games :(

babiiba
07-22-15, 02:25 AM
Nothing but Plantlers and peamoths for me on both games :(

Plantlers all the time for me, too. It's quite frustrating..I always vary the 'parents' lol, but the result is the same..

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 03:51 AM
Finally got a 15 hour timer after 11 Planthers in a row!

babiiba
07-22-15, 04:00 AM
Yay for you! :) i won't have it I'm sure..

HappyHeartBakery
07-22-15, 05:18 AM

Can I just say, I am soooo 'jelly'. I have another stink'in Planther in the nest & breeding!!

babiiba
07-22-15, 05:32 AM
Can I just say, I am soooo 'jelly'. I have another stink'in Planther in the nest & breeding!!

I'm not very friendly w these duplicate animals, I kick them out of my nest..:D

I'm happy you shared your memories, it's a good feeling for me, too, if someone has nice feelings about my home country <3 thank you

babiiba
07-22-15, 05:34 AM

Yes, a 10-hour-breeding for me, too...grrr

ninasidstorm8
07-22-15, 08:22 AM
It doesn't look good for me to finish this goal line without spending some gems. I got off to a slow start when it took 3 tries to get the Plantlers to complete Step 1. After two fails for the Spruce Moose, I took a break for three breeding attempts to try for a Palmeranian for which I lost two days of breeding time and didn't get any new animals. My first try back for the Spruce Moose I bred a Peamoth (14 hours).

I have a level 1 and a level 10 Spruce Moose, so I can skip the breeding for 25 gems. I will need to go through at least one evolution cycle of 14 hours. If I breed the Spruce Moose, I won't get credit for completing the step until I move it to the nest which takes 15 hours. If I give myself an hour leeway before the next update, I will need to breed the Spruce Moose 30 hours before the update.

The next update is in about 51 hours. It will take about 11 hours for my Peamoth to clear the Breeding Den. So I will only get one more try at the Spruce Moose without spending gems. If I get another 10 hour timer (Planther) on that try, the only way I can get another try is to speed the Peamoth off the Nest early for 4 gems. Then all the remaining time must go perfectly. We will see how it goes.

If you don't already have a Spruce Moose, then you are already past the point where you will need to spend gems to finish. 15 hrs (exit breeding den) + 15 hrs (hatch) + 14 hrs (level 4 evolution) + 14 hrs (level 10 evolution) = 58 hours.

If you have a Spruce Moose and can skip the level 10 evolution, you need 48 hours to complete steps 3 and 4, so you have a few hours before hitting the point where you need to spend gems.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

MaribouMay
07-22-15, 09:52 AM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I love your Hungary story. It is making me both hungry for strudel and giving me an itch to go to Budapest. I don't know what a kiffle is, but sign me up, I love to try new things.

oo56
07-22-15, 11:21 AM
Today in the morning, I got my Electric Elk! Hooray!:D

Good Luck, to those still trying!

Hope for the Best!;)

luna2cute
07-22-15, 11:52 AM
It doesn't look good for me to finish this goal line without spending some gems. I got off to a slow start when it took 3 tries to get the Plantlers to complete Step 1. After two fails for the Spruce Moose, I took a break for three breeding attempts to try for a Palmeranian for which I lost two days of breeding time and didn't get any new animals. My first try back for the Spruce Moose I bred a Peamoth (14 hours).

I have a level 1 and a level 10 Spruce Moose, so I can skip the breeding for 25 gems. I will need to go through at least one evolution cycle of 14 hours. If I breed the Spruce Moose, I won't get credit for completing the step until I move it to the nest which takes 15 hours. If I give myself an hour leeway before the next update, I will need to breed the Spruce Moose 30 hours before the update.

The next update is in about 51 hours. It will take about 11 hours for my Peamoth to clear the Breeding Den. So I will only get one more try at the Spruce Moose without spending gems. If I get another 10 hour timer (Planther) on that try, the only way I can get another try is to speed the Peamoth off the Nest early for 4 gems. Then all the remaining time must go perfectly. We will see how it goes.

If you don't already have a Spruce Moose, then you are already past the point where you will need to spend gems to finish. 15 hrs (exit breeding den) + 15 hrs (hatch) + 14 hrs (level 4 evolution) + 14 hrs (level 10 evolution) = 58 hours.

If you have a Spruce Moose and can skip the level 10 evolution, you need 48 hours to complete steps 3 and 4, so you have a few hours before hitting the point where you need to spend gems.

Good Luck to everyone still trying.

This is really helpful, thank you!

I am am trying to decide what to do.

I have been only breeding peamoths and plantlers. Would have loved a punk skunk fail but no such luck.

I have a peamoths on the nest and another plantlers breeding.

I have one level 10 spruce moose but that's it.

So if I skip with gems the spruce moose section, do I have enough to feed my current moose or do I actually have to breed a moose?

I only have 60 gems so can't pass through everything with gems.

Help?!? I don't know what to do....

Or do I just concede that I won't get the electric elk?

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 12:08 PM
This is really helpful, thank you!

I am am trying to decide what to do.

I have been only breeding peamoths and plantlers. Would have loved a punk skunk fail but no such luck.

I have a peamoths on the nest and another plantlers breeding.

I have one level 10 spruce moose but that's it.

So if I skip with gems the spruce moose section, do I have enough to feed my current moose or do I actually have to breed a moose?

I only have 60 gems so can't pass through everything with gems.

Help?!? I don't know what to do....

Or do I just concede that I won't get the electric elk?
You have to feed the Spruce Moose 50 times. Unfortunately, even if you got your Spruce Moose to level 15, you'd have 25 feedings to go, and skipping that would require 250 gems. On top of the requirement to skip the breeding step.

So your only option would be to breed one. Although if you managed to do that, feeding your level 10 Spruce Moose to level 15 would allow you to skip one of the 14 hour evolution times. It would suck up more food though.

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 12:18 PM
One thing you could do luna2cute would be to keep breeding (w/o speeding). If you get the Spruce Moose in the next couple tries, you could then use your gems to speed through the breeding, incubation, and 1 evolution time (if you decide to get your current Spruce Moose to epic). That'd be 44 gems. 59 gems if you didn't want to feed your current Spruce Moose since you'd have to speed through another evolution time. Of course, the actual number of gems you'd need to use would depend on how much time is left between when you get the Spruce Moose and when the goal ends.

And if you didn't, it'd be wonderful if you could get a Punk Skunk out of the next attempts. And if neither came through, at least you'd still have your 60 gems.

Sakrysta
07-22-15, 12:52 PM
And.... Done. Last chance to get the elk died with yet another planther breed. I don't have enough gems to speed up the breeds and evolutions, even if I did manage to breed a spruce moose. I'm very sad because I focused all my efforts on the elk & missed out on the great danebow & mamaroo, both of which I would have really liked to have.

Only good thing, I have a whole lot of food stocked up that I was saving to feed the spruce moose that I can now use elsewhere.

ogreve
07-22-15, 02:26 PM
I sent you a friend request as I wouldn't like to off this topic, but I'd like to continue this conversation :) yes, by the way I'm Hungarian

[Off-topic part]
Done!
Friend request accepted, and PM sent. :)
I enjoyed my two vacations in Hungary. We can continue the conversation by PM.

[On-topic part]
I got my Electric Elk earlier today. It's now in my storage but I'll try to find (or 'force') a gap asap to hatch it. In about an hour time or so I'll speed the remainder of the Beever hatching and the 16 hour breeding from my current 4-element breeding attempt. Surely that will be ANOTHER Thunderhawk.... but who knows, it could also be a second Beever, a 3rd Aurora Pegasus, or my first Monsoon Marmot. Soon I'll know. I was going to hatch the Electric Elk egg then, but I'm currently at 58 runes of a required 62 for my next expansion, which shall see the completion of the lower blue plots! Also, as the Fennec Shox has now been released, I want to have a shot at it in combination with an attempt at the Golden Retriever which I've not aimed for for a long time now. :P
For that reason, the Electric Elk shall have to wait. I hope I don't mess up the mining part and can get at least the 4 missing runes for the next expansion from it so the expansion can take place overnight....

JustKay
07-22-15, 04:54 PM
Rats. I think I got a peamoth again. Looks unlikely I will make it. I hatched a Spruce Moose before this goal, so I am thinking I should order him to get back in his egg ...

ninasidstorm8
07-22-15, 07:56 PM
Looks Like I have run out of time to complete this goal line by breeding a Spruce Moose. I am not surprised since I played for almost 10 months before I got my first one. Latest try is an Aurora Pegasus (I already have 2). I spent the 25 gems to skip the breeding step and move on to feeding my spare Level 1 Spruce Moose. I fed it 15 times and it's now in the Evolution Flower. I am planning to feed it up to the evolve step for Level 10 and then finish off the last 5 feedings by feeding my level 10 Spruce Moose. So I should finish tomorrow.

Buttercup0001
07-22-15, 08:28 PM
I can only breed Planthers....one after another......and time is running out :S .........here sprucey moosey...... come to my forest, I have lots of nexus nuts for you :rolleyes: lol

Well I give up on this one. Unfortunately after so many attempts trying for a Spruce Moose all I got were planthers and now a peamoth. So my forest will be without an Electric Elk. The only good thing to come out of it, was that I bred a Punk Skunk. Congrats to all that completed the goal :)

infinitelove19
07-22-15, 09:24 PM
Ugh! I feel your pain!

Since the start of this event, I have bred a bunch of planthers, one Aurora Pegasus (which I have several of) and I am now on my THIRD Peamoth, but no sign of Spruce Moose or Punk Skunk, which I still don't have. Thankfully, I have a few young moose running around my forest, so I can pay 25 gems to skip the 'breed a moose' step, and will still be able to finish the rest of this.

I am honestly not too bothered about winning the elk, but I hate not finishing a goal.

Good luck everyone still working on this!

luna2cute
07-22-15, 09:50 PM
You have to feed the Spruce Moose 50 times. Unfortunately, even if you got your Spruce Moose to level 15, you'd have 25 feedings to go, and skipping that would require 250 gems. On top of the requirement to skip the breeding step.

So your only option would be to breed one. Although if you managed to do that, feeding your level 10 Spruce Moose to level 15 would allow you to skip one of the 14 hour evolution times. It would suck up more food though.

Thank you that helps! I'm saving up on food so should have enough. Good to know thank you!!

31aug2002
07-22-15, 09:51 PM
It seems I am not destined to get the electric elk... As all my attempts have been ...those *** planthers! Today I tried changing combination... Went for nature + dark instead of dark+ nature... Got a 14hr breed so that too is a fail... But if its peamoth... Then we'll I am semi happy as I don't have that.... Will make my final try before it ends... :( :( :(

luna2cute
07-22-15, 09:53 PM
One thing you could do luna2cute would be to keep breeding (w/o speeding). If you get the Spruce Moose in the next couple tries, you could then use your gems to speed through the breeding, incubation, and 1 evolution time (if you decide to get your current Spruce Moose to epic). That'd be 44 gems. 59 gems if you didn't want to feed your current Spruce Moose since you'd have to speed through another evolution time. Of course, the actual number of gems you'd need to use would depend on how much time is left between when you get the Spruce Moose and when the goal ends.

And if you didn't, it'd be wonderful if you could get a Punk Skunk out of the next attempts. And if neither came through, at least you'd still have your 60 gems.

Thank you thank you!

I will keep breeding and hoping. If not I'll let the elk go.

Its just that it reminds me of the stag from Harry Potter. :)

SummerNightSky
07-22-15, 10:52 PM
Thank you thank you!

I will keep breeding and hoping. If not I'll let the elk go.

Its just that it reminds me of the stag from Harry Potter. :)
No problem! I wish you (and everyone else trying) the best of luck :)

The Patronus Charm is one of my favorite aspects of the books.

KandeeGameOne
07-22-15, 11:53 PM
I'm currently trying to get the Spruce Moose, but no luck. I got FOUR of these panthers and one pegasus. This is seriously so upsetting :( I'm probably not going to have enough time to finish the goal, even if I was to finally get a Spruce Moose. I don't like that reaching goals is kinda random... like if you're unlucky you're just not going to get the animal, even if you'd meet all the requirements..except for hatching the right animal ,_,

Allixiandra
07-23-15, 03:19 AM
After a pile of shi..?hm..planthers ;) now I have at least a lucky fail which is an Aurora Pegasus. I have none yet so I am quite happy. But I do not give up hope and keep on trying to get a Spruce Moose because I really want to have this Electric Elk. Now I have another planther... hate them in one way but in another way I am sorry for them due to all this annoyance they cause. :rolleyes:

babiiba
07-23-15, 03:34 AM
Yay, after the bunch of Planthers an 18-hour-fail for me! A Punk Skunk! I'm much happier with it than having a Spruce Moose + the elk! Yay :)

kuppikahvia
07-23-15, 04:15 AM
Yay, after the bunch of Planthers an 18-hour-fail for me! A Punk Skunk! I'm much happier with it than having a Spruce Moose + the elk! Yay :)

Wow, congrats!
That is just... j?, as I think you say, right? :)
Cheers!

(if you are the player from Hungary, that is... Sorry if you're not :( )

babiiba
07-23-15, 04:58 AM
Wow, congrats!
That is just... j?, as I think you say, right? :)
Cheers!

(if you are the player from Hungary, that is... Sorry if you're not :( )

Thx :) Yes, I'm from Hungary, but cannot really understand what you mean by your first question (that is just ..j?) could you pls explain? Thx! ;)

Cheers :)

Allixiandra
07-23-15, 07:38 AM
Wow! Another lucky fail for me...a Punk Skunk! :D

But still no Spruce Moose in sight... :(

Keep on trying...

Sakrysta
07-23-15, 07:54 AM
Well, I might actually pull this off after all. I leveled up in Castle Story and scored a few more gems, so I decided to give breeding a Spruce Moose one last try. Switched back to main elements and BOOM! - 15 hours! So now it's just a matter of spending my gems wisely and keeping an eye on the countdown to be sure I don't run out of time.

Now I just have to remember to keep the evolution flower empty so I can get the moose all fed. Glad I didn't dole out all my saved-up food!

Listal
07-23-15, 08:30 AM
If I skip breeding the spruce moose, and already have a level 4, can I for fill the feeding 50 times

ninasidstorm8
07-23-15, 08:48 AM
If I skip breeding the spruce moose, and already have a level 4, can I for fill the feeding 50 times

Yes, It takes 5 feedings to move up 1 level. However, You will need to evolve the animal from level 9 to 10 using the Evolution Flower so account for that time in your calculations. Also make sure you have enough food too get the animal to level 14.

31aug2002
07-23-15, 10:47 AM
After a whole lot of planthers ... I now have a peamoth hatching and an aurora Pegasus breeding... I will give one more try in the morning ... As I have enough food saved and also gems to speed up evolving.... If not successful then will give up on the elk....:(

Still trying.......

Sakrysta
07-23-15, 11:52 AM
Time left now reads 24 hours. Good luck everyone!

hugpete
07-23-15, 01:07 PM
8 planthers and a Peamoth later and no time to evolve a moose if I got one. Guess I'm done. :/

sweetypies97
07-23-15, 02:08 PM
I'm giving up. Neither of my forests were able to breed a spruce moose :(

shadyjess
07-23-15, 06:28 PM
I've really been struggling too. I've breed everything but the Spruce Moose. The only thing that's kept me going is the fact I've luckily bred some other really awesome animals. Punk Scunk, Peamoth and Aurora Pegasus. Planther I already had but I'm still happy with that. Last try with 17hours to go. I don't think I'll have any luck....

Listal
07-23-15, 07:52 PM
So far the best I got from this was my 1st Aurora Pegasus! Love her and so happy but Planthers 10 times over does not help. I am 3 gems short from skipping breeding and if anyone can help by sending some that be great, I return favour. I am Mara

littelprincess0313
07-23-15, 10:40 PM
Finally got 15hr but times running out. So I'm only able to lv up 30 times. Does anybody know what 20 times to skip costs?
Or is it cheeper to speed the breeding and then the evolution?

Allixiandra
07-23-15, 11:37 PM
My last try...and another planther :(

No Electric Elk for my forest.....

ogreve
07-24-15, 12:11 AM
Finally got 15hr but times running out. So I'm only able to lv up 30 times. Does anybody know what 20 times to skip costs?
Or is it cheeper to speed the breeding and then the evolution?

Definitely speed the breeding and evolution steps as skipping 20 feedings will cost you 200 gems!
Speeding the breeding is cheaper AND effectively gives you the bombs that you get from breeding sooner, so you can put those to good use for working a bit quicker on your next expansion!

xenu8
07-24-15, 09:05 PM
So sad I missed this because I feel asleep and the time ran out. :-( why cant they give us more time?

Lipand5kids
07-25-15, 10:27 PM
My last try...and another planther :(

No Electric Elk for my forest.....

Me either, all I got was Planthers, every single time I bred dark and nature was nothing but Planthers. Never got a spruce moose. Lost my chance on ever getting the Electric Elk. :(

GreytMom
07-11-17, 03:02 PM
Bump.
I really like this guy! I'm not sure how hard he is to breed. My first attempt is a Shock Fox and I have a feeling I'm going to have a whole slew of them.
Does anyone know if he is part of a set (like the Cuckoonut)?

AppieP
07-11-17, 09:48 PM
Bump.
I really like this guy! I'm not sure how hard he is to breed. My first attempt is a Shock Fox and I have a feeling I'm going to have a whole slew of them.
Does anyone know if he is part of a set (like the Cuckoonut)?

I'm also trying for it, wasn't playing the game the first time it came out, but I'm not believe it was part of a set. Let's been ready for a Shock Fox army. LOL. Good luck

liesl23
07-12-17, 12:04 PM
What do you mean forests? Can you have more than one forest?

Phoenix406
07-12-17, 01:06 PM
I still need 2 permanent electric/earth animals, Tesllama and Thunder Mammoth, so I'm hoping this breeding combo will net me at least *something* I don't already have.

I'm really frustrated after breeding for Cuckoonut for over a week and not being able to get it. :mad:

Jojocl141587
07-12-17, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know what the breeding time is for this animal?

Cranlink14606
07-12-17, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know what the breeding time is for this animal?

15 hours breeding and 17 hours evolving

mommashelley87
07-12-17, 04:55 PM
I am trying to breed electric elk so far i have 2 fails. First fail is Tortigloo and second fail is shock fox. At least i needed the tortigloo.

AppleWhite84
07-12-17, 06:27 PM
First try was shock fox (which was ok cause I didn't have one) one in the nest which is a shock fox... Aaaand since the breeding time is the same again I'm guesding it's another shock fox lol :p

Phoenix406
07-12-17, 10:07 PM
I'm breeding Terradactyl with Jagwire and getting either another Terradactyl or a Tesllama. 22hours.

Silverrain1
07-12-17, 11:26 PM
Only shock foxes so far. Hope I don't miss this one as well

AppieP
07-13-17, 12:37 AM
Only shock foxes so far. Hope I don't miss this one as well

Same for me. Hope I miss it either. Shock fox and Tortiglo for now. I'm changed my breeding process to CU and Terradactyl. Good luck

poofyena
07-13-17, 08:54 AM
So far I've gotten Tortigloo, Thunder Mammoth and Shock fox is in the breeding den now.

Phoenix406
07-13-17, 03:45 PM
Tesllama it is! Yay, something I didn't have! But, of course, I really want to get the elk before it expires.

AppieP
07-13-17, 09:58 PM
Tesllama it is! Yay, something I didn't have! But, of course, I really want to get the elk before it expires.

Congrats than with your Tesslama. I just realize I didn't have it either. The only available Lightning/earth combo i miss. So hoping I get it too.

missKristel
07-13-17, 10:58 PM
So far I've gotten Tortigloo, Thunder Mammoth and Shock fox is in the breeding den now.

I've only gotten those three as well. I hope I get the Elk soon because I'm running out of space for my Lightning of Earth animals since the Shoc Fox was the only Lightning/Earth animal I had up until this point.

Maheks
07-14-17, 12:07 AM
I'm also trying for it, wasn't playing the game the first time it came out, but I'm not believe it was part of a set. Let's been ready for a Shock Fox army. LOL. Good luck

Same here, on my 4th shock fox's. No matter what I breed I always end up with a shock fox. I guess we'll jus hav to keep trying.
Good luck everyone.

willjardell2003
07-14-17, 02:24 AM
I have just tried 1 combo for the elk; the fomula was mrs pitter and lightning leopard=...18hrs breeding.... mammoth go there :/ anyway I havent got any thunder mammoth and now I have it, it's the needed animal for libra too. Hope I get elk later. The 1st breeding wasn't the shock fox, shock fox party haven't came but it's seem ok 😌😌😌

Elspethwood
07-14-17, 05:57 AM
I've just got it second try with CU and Meowl. So happy :D

Phoenix406
07-14-17, 04:51 PM
I have just tried 1 combo for the elk; the fomula was mrs pitter and lightning leopard=...18hrs breeding.... mammoth go there :/ anyway I havent got any thunder mammoth and now I have it, it's the needed animal for libra too. Hope I get elk later. The 1st breeding wasn't the shock fox, shock fox party haven't came but it's seem ok ������

I am getting a Thunder Mammoth now, too! It is also one I didn't have and, like you said, we need one for the Libra goal. Good luck with your Electric Elk! I don't think I'm going to be able to breed one, but I am happy with the combo I am using that I got 2 animals I didn't already have. I am using Jagwire and Terradactyl.

@AppieP I hope you get a Tesllama, too! :)

dubeyanup786
07-14-17, 07:09 PM
how to breed electric elk?? wiche animal ??

Eluzyion
07-14-17, 07:11 PM
how to breed electric elk?? wiche animal ??

Please see electric elk thread here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83207-Animal-Update-Electric-Elk-7-17-15

liesl23
07-15-17, 05:07 PM
Which animals did you breed to get the electric elk?

Jojocl141587
07-15-17, 05:51 PM
I THINK I have it breeding in my den finally. Tried four times with just lightening leopard and rock rhino and got 2 thunder mammonths and 2 shock foxes which was fine because I didn't have those yet. Took a break from breeding while I did the Doodle Poodle tournament tried the same combo just now and got 15 hrs breeding time. Fingers crossed my good luck for the day hasn't run out.

CuddlePuddlev2
07-15-17, 06:15 PM
Yay! I'm getting tortigloo & I got a thunder mammoth earlier. Both ones I wanted & needed. I almost don't care about electric elk anymore, but happy I had a reason to keep breeding elec/earth otherwise I probably never would have put in the effort.

GreytMom
07-15-17, 08:16 PM
Nothing but Shock Foxes & Thunder Mammoths for me. Can't I at least have a Tesllama fail?

I'm happy to see that some people finally got it. I was beginning to wonder.

atelier212
07-15-17, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone! After five Shock Foxes and one Tortigloo in my nest, I think I have finally gotten an Electric Elk in my breeding den! I don't know if this will help, but below is my list of breeding combinations that I used to get it:

1. Lightning Leopard lvl. 15 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Shock Fox (12 hours)
2. Lightning Leopard lvl. 15 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Shock Fox (12 hours)
3. Lightning Leopard lvl. 15 & Rock Rhino lvl. 15 = Shock Fox (12 hours)
4. Shock Fox lvl. 4 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Shock Fox (12 hours)
5. Shock Fox lvl. 4 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Shock Fox (12 hours)
6. Shock Fox lvl. 4 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Tortigloo (16 hours)
7. Shock Fox lvl. 4 & Cubism Cow lvl. 4 = Electric Elk (15 hours)

Hopefully everyone else who's trying also manages to get one too! I've never been able to succeed in these quests, so I'm quite excited at the prospect of finishing one. Good luck!! 💫

Silverrain1
07-16-17, 02:18 AM
Ahhh, I can't remember if my breeding den said 15 or 16 hours so I don't no if I got this. Well, it will b a surprise wen the egg goes on my nest! Regardless of what it is! Although, I don't need any electric earth fails so only really hoping for this! Congrats to those who have got it, along with your "fails"

I'm hoping for a 15 hour but I'm actually thinking it was a 16

Silverrain1
07-16-17, 04:43 AM
It was a tortigloo 😕

AppieP
07-16-17, 06:45 AM
It was a tortigloo ��

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm still didn't get it. Good luck to all of us who's still trying

Silverrain1
07-16-17, 07:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm still didn't get it. Good luck to all of us who's still trying

Thank you and good luck to you to

Jojocl141587
07-16-17, 08:08 AM
Yay! It was the electric elk. ONLY took 5 tries lol. This has been a successful weekend in my forest. Doodle Poodle, Thunder Mammoth, Shock Fox and Electric Elk have all been added. Plus I got the Pumpkin Panda from the Spin to win. Good luck to those still trying to get EE, basic Lightening Leopard and Rock Rhino does work so don't give up

AppieP
07-16-17, 11:10 AM
I got a 22 hour timer with CU and Terradactyl. I hope it's not a Terradactyl, it could be a Tesslama. The only lightning/earth animal I doesn't have.

Phoenix406
07-16-17, 05:12 PM
I had about given up, but I tried again with Jagwire and my brand spanking new Tesllama and got a 15 hour timer. :)

Jojocl141587
07-17-17, 12:36 AM
I had about given up, but I tried again with Jagwire and my brand spanking new Tesllama and got a 15 hour timer. :)

Oh nice! Late is better than never :)

willjardell2003
07-17-17, 03:08 AM
Yay! I'm getting tortigloo & I got a thunder mammoth earlier. Both ones I wanted & needed. I almost don't care about electric elk anymore, but happy I had a reason to keep breeding elec/earth otherwise I probably never would have put in the effort.

Wat a coincident, I 1st hatched the mammoth and 2nd hatch the turtigloo but it's great to me too, those are new animals and mammoth is needed for libra goalline

Gizmo726
07-17-17, 05:13 AM
I have 5 shock foxes still no elk and this hurry up then wait game really sucks.

missourijan
07-17-17, 07:39 AM
Why did I not get this goal?? My goal just says breed electric elk.

AppieP
07-17-17, 09:19 AM
I got a 22 hour timer with CU and Terradactyl. I hope it's not a Terradactyl, it could be a Tesslama. The only lightning/earth animal I doesn't have.

Update: it is a Tesslama. The last of this combo. One last time for the Electric Elk I'm guessing before time is expired.

GreytMom
07-17-17, 11:23 AM
I just got a Thunder Mammoth in the breeding den. I'll get one more try. Fingers crossed for all of us.

CuddlePuddlev2
07-17-17, 04:31 PM
Why did I not get this goal?? My goal just says breed electric elk.

i know i got confused at first too, but this thread is from an old goal line. We all just started posting on this thread again because it's about the electric elk :)

LilliDee
07-17-17, 05:17 PM
I've had nothing but shock fox after shock fox after... Broken only four times for two tortigloos and two mammoths both of which I already have. I only need a tessalama from this combo so of course I can't breed that. This combo seems stuck for me just like dark and fire. I need four dark and fire creature but no matter what I try I always get a fox or a hot dog. Happy for those who got it though. I wish we could have just redone the old goal. A plantlers is a piece of cake, and I have a spruce moose in storage. Oh well, maybe next time it comes around will happen for those who didn't get it.

willjardell2003
07-17-17, 06:26 PM
Well, the difficult thing in this goal is: almost the lightning creatures take a lot of time to breed. The shock fox incu time is 12hrs?2=24hrs, more than a day, it seem like we spend 1-2 day for a new R/L animals and it may take at least more than 6 try to get the elec elk. If this is a nature/fire animals, it could be easier, why? Those animals only take 3-7 hrs incu (flyer fox is 9hrs but hardest one)

Silverrain1
07-17-17, 10:56 PM
My last shot is 22 hours.

I'm sad. I keep missing the limited releases and they are pretty much tho only thing I can try for.

CuddlePuddlev2
07-17-17, 11:26 PM

I'm sad. I keep missing the limited releases and they are pretty much tho only thing I can try for.

why are they the only thing u can try for? sorry btw, i'm done as well, just got a 12hr fail

AppieP
07-18-17, 12:41 AM

Im with you, my last shot was 18 hours. Still didn't make it. I'm sad too.

GreytMom
07-18-17, 08:30 AM
why are they the only thing u can try for? sorry btw, i'm done as well, just got a 12hr fail

Those are the only rock/lightning combos. There's less chance of different element fails if you stick with only the elements of the animal you're trying for.

Silverrain1
07-18-17, 11:10 AM

I have just about all animals except from jade kirin, peridot Phoenix, sapphire sphinx, quartz Quetzalcoatl, granite golem, jasper dragon, citrine peregrine, Valkyrie, Opal octopus, topaz tiger and ruby razorback.
So what I do is when there is a limited breed (like this one.) I use my crystal unicorn with the needed elements for the new animal. It gives me a chance at the limited breed as well as a crystal animal.
Sorry for late reply. Game crashed so I couldnt check info.

poofyena
07-18-17, 11:16 AM
Didn't manage to breed this one. Have had such bad luck with the breeding the last few weeks.

Silverrain1
07-18-17, 11:19 AM
Didn't manage to breed this one. Have had such bad luck with the breeding the last few weeks.

Me to. Disappointing

Phoenix406
07-18-17, 01:44 PM
Well, the difficult thing in this goal is: almost the lightning creatures take a lot of time to breed. The shock fox incu time is 12hrs?2=24hrs, more than a day, it seem like we spend 1-2 day for a new R/L animals and it may take at least more than 6 try to get the elec elk. If this is a nature/fire animals, it could be easier, why? Those animals only take 3-7 hrs incu (flyer fox is 9hrs but hardest one)

The dark and fire creatures are giving me a hard time, too. I need Onyx Ox and Ladypug. The dark critters are some of my favorites, and when I first started playing, I concentrated on breeding for the dark ones, but now out of the 8 I need (not counting gemstones), 4 of them have the dark element. I wonder if dark is any harder to breed than other elements.

BBHome20
07-18-17, 02:04 PM
😭 Am sad that I couldn't breed this one even though I was speed breeding and got everything else but the ELK.

GreytMom
07-18-17, 02:28 PM

Right there with you all.

Rynetory2
07-19-17, 02:34 AM
Right there with you all.

Count me in lol. Never have any luck with breeding specific animals.