PDA

View Full Version : Stoves, ovens, grills in storage.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 07:43 PM
Very irritating that ovens cannot be retrieved from storage because the "allowance" for that level is already met. Can this be fixed please?!?!

Unregistered
02-13-11, 03:41 AM
You should be able to retrieve the appliance if you put the other one into storage. Example: if you have a stove in storage and have all grills, put at least one grill in storage and you can take out a stove, or oven...as long as you don't exceed all the appliance numbers...you can switch it up as often as you like - but put the item in storage when you are NOT cooking, otherwise you will lose the item being cooked.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 07:03 AM
You should be able to retrieve the appliance if you put the other one into storage. Example: if you have a stove in storage and have all grills, put at least one grill in storage and you can take out a stove, or oven...as long as you don't exceed all the appliance numbers...you can switch it up as often as you like - but put the item in storage when you are NOT cooking, otherwise you will lose the item being cooked.

I understand what you're saying but shouldn't we have access to all the cooking appliances we have earned up to that level? Just doesn't make sense.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 10:21 AM
I understand what you're saying but shouldn't we have access to all the cooking appliances we have earned up to that level? Just doesn't make sense.

No, you can have up to 11 appliances out at a time when you hit level 41. You can have any combination of appliances as long as it doesn't exceed 11.

Under something that you propose, it would actually give you LESS choice. If it was implemented like you suggest, then the limit would be like -

4 stoves
4 ovens
3 grills

Sure you can place all your appliances, but what if you wanted more than 3-4 of each?

Also the limit on number of appliances is gameplay design.. You really don't want people with 100+ appliances cooking since it unbalances leveling speed and well you can't really serve that much food.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 09:42 PM
Your making this more complicated than it is. All I want is the ability to retrieve the appliances I put into storage while I was redecorating, not purchase any additional. Not get the "You already have the maximum number of appliances...." blah, blah, blah. Try this, go put ALL of your appliances in storage then try to get them out. Then post how that worked out for ya. They are still the allotted number of appliances but you just can't retrieve them.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 11:27 PM

Now THAT wouldn't make sense. At each level we are allowed a certain total number of appliances on the floor. Not a certain number of EACH appliance. Gee, where would it stop? Would you also want 11 green, 11 blue and 11 pink stoves and ovens and grills, that would give you 99 appliances on the floor... you'd be able to cook up a storm then!

Unregistered
02-15-11, 09:58 AM
Now THAT wouldn't make sense. At each level we are allowed a certain total number of appliances on the floor. Not a certain number of EACH appliance. Gee, where would it stop? Would you also want 11 green, 11 blue and 11 pink stoves and ovens and grills, that would give you 99 appliances on the floor... you'd be able to cook up a storm then!

OMG people quit making this so difficult and read my last post! I just want to RETRIEVE the appliances (2) that I put in storage! Sheesh!

Unregistered
02-15-11, 03:46 PM
OMG people quit making this so difficult and read my last post! I just want to RETRIEVE the appliances (2) that I put in storage! Sheesh!

If you already have the maximum number of appliances on the floor that your level allows, you cant retrieve them. If the level you are on allows for a total of 6 appliances, that means 6 on the floor at one time. You can still have 6 stoves and 6 ovens and 6 grills, a total of 18 appliances, but can only have 6 (in any combination) on the floor at one time.

Are you having some other issue? Like a glitchy one? Maybe you need to spell out the problem you are having in a little more detail. Because from what I read you simply want more appliances that what your level allows you. Am I wrong?

Unregistered
02-15-11, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;45182]If you already have the maximum number of appliances on the floor that your level allows, you cant retrieve them. If the level you are on allows for a total of 6 appliances, that means 6 on the floor at one time. You can still have 6 stoves and 6 ovens and 6 grills, a total of 18 appliances, but can only have 6 (in any combination) on the floor at one time.

Are you having some other issue? Like a glitchy one? Maybe you need to spell out the problem you are having in a little more detail. Because from what I read you simply want more appliances that what your level allows you. Am I wrong?

Yes your wrong, but i think you are getting it now. I put 2 ovens in storage when I was redecorating my place. When I went to retrieve them 5 minutes later, I got the message that I already had the maximum amount of appliances for that level. You can't even get past that message to see that you have put anything in storage. Try it, you can't get them back. It is a glitch which is why my original post asked if this could be fixed.

Unregistered
02-15-11, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;45182]If you already have the maximum number of appliances on the floor that your level allows, you cant retrieve them. If the level you are on allows for a total of 6 appliances, that means 6 on the floor at one time. You can still have 6 stoves and 6 ovens and 6 grills, a total of 18 appliances, but can only have 6 (in any combination) on the floor at one time.

Yes your wrong, but i think you are getting it now. I put 2 ovens in storage when I was redecorating my place. When I went to retrieve them 5 minutes later, I got the message that I already had the maximum amount of appliances for that level. You can't even get past that message to see that you have put anything in storage. Try it, you can't get them back. It is a glitch which is why my original post asked if this could be fixed.

Ok, I just tried it, and didn't have a problem. It seems you must be experiencing a glitch of some sort. Are you usign one of the Valentines versions, as that may be the problem. You could try deleting and then reinstalling the app, and if that doesn't work send an email to TeamLava. It may take a while to get a response... it seems to vary, sometimes you receive an answer/help within a day, other times it may take a week or more. I do hope that you get it sorted out though.