PDA

View Full Version : Question for IOS users

LalaSmooth
07-13-15, 07:13 AM
Do you get videos to get gems? If so how much do you get and how long does the offer go on for?
I wish they would do this offer for us android users because I could do with free gems

jandtandn
07-13-15, 07:46 AM
I only get to watch a video to speed cooking by two hours and it's not every day nor is it always on the same account.

geordieprogman
07-13-15, 08:18 AM
Not for me either. I can watch 2 videos a day to cook food faster. A complete waste of time. I don't even use it.

babyxdoll1
07-13-15, 08:24 AM
i get to watch 10 videos (1 gem per video) and had this for 2 days running so i have 20 gems

teammaggie
07-13-15, 10:16 AM
I can only watch a video to speed up cooking for 2 hours but on only 2 appliances so it's a waste. I don't use it. I don't have the option to watch videos for gems. I checked from my mini iPad and then also my iPhone and cannot on either.

twospoons
07-13-15, 11:31 AM
from another thread:

I don't mind spending the gems that much for this goal. I've been getting 2 free gems from watching videos everyday so I've technically spent mostly free gems for this goal.

i'm glad iOS players now have opportunities for free gems, since many android players have been getting free gems for a lot longer (from downloading versions). but it bothers me that some players can earn a lot of free gems, where some earn little or none. seriously, just put everyone on the 6-gems a week program. let those of us who buy boxes worry about being unlucky, or crow about our good fortune. we signed up for the gambling.

LalaSmooth
07-13-15, 12:08 PM
from another thread:

i'm glad iOS players now have opportunities for free gems, since many android players have been getting free gems for a lot longer (from downloading versions). but it bothers me that some players can earn a lot of free gems, where some earn little or none. seriously, just put everyone on the 6-gems a week program. let those of us who buy boxes worry about being unlucky, or crow about our good fortune. we signed up for the gambling.

I think they offer gems for people at lower levels because I remember babyxdoll1 made a post saying she was at level 31 so I think they are giving gems to beginner players.

LalaSmooth
07-13-15, 12:09 PM
i get to watch 10 videos (1 gem per video) and had this for 2 days running so i have 20 gems

I so wish android users would give us 10 gems a day!!

babyxdoll1
07-13-15, 01:07 PM
I had received another 10 gems

aiyoosha
07-13-15, 01:19 PM
i only get to watch 2 videos 1 gem each. i used to get 3 but they cut me down

orleansparish
07-13-15, 01:47 PM
I just came here to lament about how unbalanced these options are. On my main bakery, I cant watch videos for gems. The icon is there when I am logging on but once the screen fully loads its gone. And I can only watch videos to lessen my cooking time. The one I play on my ipad.

On my 2nd bakery, also level 99, that I just checked on my ipod, I was able to watch 10 videos for the gems and can return tomorrow for more.

On my 3rd bakery, level 61. I dont have the option to watch videos to shorten cooking time or to simply watch for gems. Which stinks! That one is always short on gems when something nice comes along to buy.

On the 4th one, level 22, same thing. Nada.

And on the 5th, im up to my 4th video today, for the free gems.

I wish IOS wasnt so strict with allowing them to release new versions. With their being more games available on ios right now, I could make a ****ing on the gem front, if they released new versions on there too.

filochick1982
07-13-15, 02:18 PM
I'm at level 99 so no, this offer isn't limited to low level players.

I think they offer gems for people at lower levels because I remember babyxdoll1 made a post saying she was at level 31 so I think they are giving gems to beginner players.

aiyoosha
07-13-15, 02:26 PM
I just came here to lament about how unbalanced these options are. On my main bakery, I cant watch videos for gems. The icon is there when I am logging on but once the screen fully loads its gone. And I can only watch videos to lessen my cooking time. The one I play on my ipad.

On my 2nd bakery, also level 99, that I just checked on my ipod, I was able to watch 10 videos for the gems and can return tomorrow for more.

On my 3rd bakery, level 61. I dont have the option to watch videos to shorten cooking time or to simply watch for gems. Which stinks! That one is always short on gems when something nice comes along to buy.

On the 4th one, level 22, same thing. Nada.

And on the 5th, im up to my 4th video today, for the free gems.

I wish IOS wasnt so strict with allowing them to release new versions. With their being more games available on ios right now, I could make a ****ing on the gem front, if they released new versions on there too.

i cant believe u get to watch 10 vids wth? i only get 2

twospoons
07-13-15, 02:55 PM
and i can't believe you run 5 bakeries! the amount of money you were spending on TL games makes a lot more sense now.

i really wish this game had a subscriber version. i mean, i subscribe to hulu and netflix and the NYTimes and spend more time on these games than them! or close to, anyway. i'd subscribe here if it would put me on a most-favored-nation clause where i got the max # of free gems offered to any other player and a couple of free decor pieces every month.

aiyoosha
07-13-15, 03:15 PM
and i can't believe you run 5 bakeries! the amount of money you were spending on TL games makes a lot more sense now.

i really wish this game had a subscriber version. i mean, i subscribe to hulu and netflix and the NYTimes and spend more time on these games than them! or close to, anyway. i'd subscribe here if it would put me on a most-favored-nation clause where i got the max # of free gems offered to any other player and a couple of free decor pieces every month.

i kno im shocked too! i can barely keep up with my 1 bakery

LalaSmooth
07-13-15, 03:16 PM

I can't even keep up with my bakery let alone deal with 2 or more... All the time and effort must be annoying

filochick1982
07-13-15, 05:46 PM
I've got enough to manage on my one bakery as it is.

ElaineCarrel
07-13-15, 05:59 PM
from another thread:

Not ALL iOS users get the offer to watch videos for free gems. The only watch a video I've got is in RS and I can watch a video to lower cooking times by 2 hrs. I only am able to do this 2x per 24hr day

Here in Bakery Story I don't have any options for any freebies gems or shorten cooking time.

twospoons
07-13-15, 07:08 PM
Not ALL iOS users get the offer to watch videos for free gems. The only watch a video I've got is in RS and I can watch a video to lower cooking times by 2 hrs. I only am able to do this 2x per 24hr day

Here in Bakery Story I don't have any options for any freebies gems or shorten cooking time.

i'm aware not ALL iOS players get it, and definitely think it should be more equally distributed, but it's a step in the right direction for there to exist a way for iOS players to get such offers at all, since previously the free gem offers were few and far between. they just need to even it out a bit. (or, you know, a lot.)

orleansparish
07-13-15, 07:21 PM

I only spent gems on my main one, with some bought for 2 others during Black Friday. Otherwise I used gems from downloads and cooking and saved them all. If I didn't have enough for something that was too bad, for that bakery. But I used to buy at least $34 worth of gems on bakery, restaurant, dragon and fashion every month. Depending on what was available even more. Now I went down to just buying gems for fashion. And I've limited myself there too. No gems unless something super rare comes along. I'm tired of opening boxes and getting worthless prizes. I'm saving my money for Black Friday and hoarding gems until then.

Bakery 5 I got up to 8 gems. That one and bakery four is just so send parts to myself and to have in case I ever want to start over and do different themes. Or to give to one of my kids should they not want to be a newbie when they care about the games again. Bakeries 1, 2 and 3 I do goals for. My mood changes and something I don't want to look at my main one. But yeah, I gave them more money than I care to think about now, it was fun but sometimes the fun doesn't last. I have more than enough items to reuse until they start giving better content.

I shouldn't hope but with them offering these items in bakery and restaurant I've always wanted, I wonder if it means my dream item on fashion will show up soon.

filochick1982
07-14-15, 03:03 AM
I'd hate to think how many gems I've blown in total since playing and I only have one bakery!

icedcoffee14
07-14-15, 06:39 AM
I used to be able to watch videos to get free gems on two of my previous accounts. I haven't gotten the pop-up on my current account, so I guess not all iOS users get the offer to watch videos. :(

retta666
07-14-15, 03:01 PM
I'm on IOS and have been playing for quite a few years now (lvl 99) and I don't get any offers for gems or shortened cooking time, I don't recall ever getting them actually (which is really annoying to be honest, considering the time and $$$ i've put into it...:mad:).
Anybody have any idea how TL distributes the offers? Is it just totally random...?

twospoons
07-14-15, 03:16 PM
I'm on IOS and have been playing for quite a few years now (lvl 99) and I don't get any offers for gems or shortened cooking time, I don't recall ever getting them actually (which is really annoying to be honest, considering the time and $$$ i've put into it...:mad:).
Anybody have any idea how TL distributes the offers? Is it just totally random...?

well, it's only with the update i guess, so you wouldn't have gotten them before a couple weeks ago. (that may not make you feel better, but i tried.)

if there's a system to such offers, they're keeping it under their hats! they say it's random.

matrixkitten
07-14-15, 08:31 PM
I am on iOS and I have no video offers at all.

I am guessing the video thing is a trial. They want to see if the money they make through advertising will balance out with giving out free gems. The same thing was done on a certain farming game I play. They released the videos for keys option to some players, but not others. Eventually, within about a month or so, they rolled out this feature for everyone.

Eventually, either we'll all get to watch videos for gems or the feature will be removed completely. Can't be certain, but I bet that's how it will go down.

minidemon88
07-18-15, 02:22 AM
I'm on ios, but didn't get the free gem video offer. Instead I got rewarded with all the bugs. Thanks TL! :rolleyes:

aiyoosha
07-18-15, 07:45 AM
I'm on ios, but didn't get the free gem video offer. Instead I got rewarded with all the bugs. Thanks TL! :rolleyes:

Ahh the gift that keeps on giving lol

steelersbabyyy
07-18-15, 01:04 PM
I only get the videos on my restaurant story. and i can only watch 2 videos a day which equals 2 gems. i really hope they fix it so i can get it on bakery story too.

myndisue
07-18-15, 01:05 PM
I have 4 IDs that I play RS & BS. I have had the option to watch videos for gems and speed up cooking times. It's only been available on a few of them. (Never the ones that need it! lol)
It would be nice if it there was a schedule of some sort, so you'd know when it would be there. Also it'd be nice if you would actually be able to watch the video instead of getting a pop up saying the video couldn't load! What's the use in having this option if it's not working!

Bakerling
07-19-15, 11:12 AM
I don't have the watch video to get gems icon. when is it available? And how many times to watch per day? What timing is the video available for watching? So curious to know. I have master all the recipes in all the machines. No more gems I can earn now unless there is a new machine now for me. The pioneer oven, rocket oven, banner oven etc all recipes I have mastered to Bar 4.

OlivesEatery
07-22-15, 03:06 PM
I just went into my bakery after a week or so away. A box came up in the top right corner offering free gems for watching videos. A pop up about my received gifts then appeared & by the time I'd closed that the gem offer had vanished. I can't find any trace of it in the menus or anywhere else now! Any ideas?!

filochick1982
07-22-15, 04:10 PM
The offer to watch 2 videos for 2 free gems is offered at random. So being on iOS doesn't mean you will necessarily get it. Sounds like it's buggy as well. I don't have any of the issues people are having here.