PDA

View Full Version : Fraud?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 04:57 PM
My daughter got Baker Story (free install) and I got from TeamLava a charge of $99.99 for the pleasure. Now I need to chase this up so its not stolen from my account? Better things to do on a Sunday morning . Really!! ANYBODY ELSE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THESE GUYS?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 05:16 PM
Sounds like she bought gems right after downloading the game. Happens a lot on many games, not just team lavas. There's a 15 minute window after entering the password. Don't get mad at the games makers, theyre all like this. It's apples rules...they handle the financials and take a 30% cut. You need to follow up with apple/iTunes. From what I've seen they are pretty good about refunds but your daughter will lose gems and whatever she bought with them.

Perhaps you should disable in app purchasing on your device/iTunes setting to prevent this from happening again

Unregistered
02-12-11, 05:19 PM
My daughter got Baker Story (free install) and I got from TeamLava a charge of $99.99 for the pleasure. Now I need to chase this up so its not stolen from my account? Better things to do on a Sunday morning . Really!! ANYBODY ELSE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THESE GUYS?

No, it's not fraud. It's apples purchasing method. You agreed to it with the user agreement u click ok to for your iTunes account. You know, the one no one reads but accepts the terms of.

As the other poster said, it's not the game developers. It's Apples rules. Not sure how it works for droid.