PDA

View Full Version : Imbalance between wood and rocks?

trailbean
07-08-15, 10:32 AM
At earliest stages of the game, where you build your farmhouses and markets, you need exact same amounts of wood and rocks. At that time both come from trees and rock piles as you clear the forest, and in about equal amounts. Then you build your two sawmills and two sparkling mines, so the inflow of rocks and wood, thus blocks and beams, is still about the same. And then you build a deep mine... and possibly second deep mine... and the inflow is no longer the same. Now you receive far more rocks (and related mine products) than wood and sap. I am at level 27, and have been buying trees from the market almost every day for a long time, due to acute shortage of wood. Whereas 2 or 3 rock piles are sitting around my kingdom, unused. If anything, high-level buildings require more wood than rocks, because they need builder's paste (or architect's paste), which is made with wood, in addition to beams and blocks.

Is this a common problem, and can anything be done about it? Besides just buying and buying trees?

OnlyOneRamoth
07-08-15, 10:42 AM
This imbalance seriously imhibits the fun of the game and is a poit of great frustration. Why has no moderator or lava rep responded to this please? Why need a deep forest lumber yard?

meme1098
07-08-15, 11:18 AM
If you're always maxed on stone, craft any of the statues, a stone bench, a fountain. I always check my stock before I collect from mines or mills & then decide what to craft to use up the excess.

ktorewqas
07-08-15, 11:56 AM
I do not craft any decoration unless the task asks for them. Usually, I craft some ornate/ royal/ enchanted blocks. They will be useful. Patience is the key to the game.

trailbean
07-08-15, 12:00 PM
I am far from "maxed out" on stone, but at least I have enough of it to keep my workshops busy. Whereas with wood I am often so short that a workshop (or potion shop, or tinker camp) is forced to remain idle until I chop enough trees.

SpiritWind00
07-08-15, 03:12 PM
This imbalance seriously imhibits the fun of the game and is a poit of great frustration. Why has no moderator or lava rep responded to this please? Why need a deep forest lumber yard?

The imbalance is only really a problem until you get to the stage where you start to stockpile fancy beams and fancy blocks. There is a tipping point where you no longer need to plant any trees and you find a good balance.

"Why has no mod responded?" Well, the post was made at 3am my time... The equivalent of the deep mine for wood was in the last poll so I do think that this issue has been addressed and our wishes made known. For now, we wait.

I am far from "maxed out" on stone, but at least I have enough of it to keep my workshops busy. Whereas with wood I am often so short that a workshop (or potion shop, or tinker camp) is forced to remain idle until I chop enough trees.
Trailbean, are your sawmills as max level? It really does make a difference having them both at Max 5 (if you are able to access the game a fair bit).

trailbean
07-08-15, 07:58 PM
Trailbean, are your sawmills as max level? It really does make a difference having them both at Max 5 (if you are able to access the game a fair bit).
Not even close. One is at level 1, the other at level 2.

luna2cute
07-08-15, 08:43 PM
Other things can give you more wood like living tree and I think maple trees? I forget about that one.

Upgrade your sawmills when you can, it's not a huge problem later, you just have to work more on one resource than the other.

Better than having a shortage of both!!!!! ;)

SpiritWind00
07-08-15, 10:55 PM
Not even close. One is at level 1, the other at level 2.

The irony is that you need a LOT of wood to upgrade the sawmills. I sat on the upgrade goal for quite some time. The dead tree is a great source of immediate wood so consider buying those instead of planting. You won't get living wood, but you do get other items which will come in handy.

trailbean
07-09-15, 06:16 AM
Yes, I've been mostly buying dead trees

OnlyOneRamoth
07-09-15, 08:15 PM
My sawmills are both at level four. As far as I can see, the amount of wood does not go up, there is only a reduction in the collection time. If you do the math on the collection times, going to level five adds one extra collection per day which I believe is approximately 12 pieces of wood. Its just not very helpful.

Upgrading resource buildings is incredibly expensive. You cannot buy all those dead trees to chop AND upgrade. Plus, as your kingdom grows...where is all that energy supposed to come from?

Regarding the post above....no maple trees do not give wood and I have not heard that the living tree does....but I will go investigate.

Ty for your help.

reliquary
07-09-15, 10:27 PM
Ohh just wait till you have nothing to do but to go all out and max builders and architects paste......ugggg

Thank goodness for old logs...wink wink:o

CuteTali
07-09-15, 11:33 PM
I agree that we need more wood than rocks. For rocks we have 4 mills to work with, but for wood, only 2. Also to make the yellow paste (can't remember the exact name) takes 25 wood each paste, so it's not just for lumber.

sugarlevi
07-10-15, 02:51 AM
I agree that we need more wood than rocks. For rocks we have 4 mills to work with, but for wood, only 2. Also to make the yellow paste (can't remember the exact name) takes 25 wood each paste, so it's not just for lumber.

As well as 10 wood for troll clubs. A real troll ought to wield a stone club.

OnlyOneRamoth
07-10-15, 07:54 AM
Lol reliquary! Yes! I await it breathlessly...although again...its not the glue itself....its the wood!!!! ��������

OnlyOneRamoth
07-10-15, 08:00 AM
And seriously? A wood club? I have to say that it seems lava has the idea that the lack of wood makes it more challenging but the sheer volume of the inequity is just frustrating and irritating. I also feel a little insulted....if you wish to challenge me give me something a little more strategic than chop chop chop. Even with the BEST planning and preparation the lack of wood gives a sense of futility.

It may just be too much hurry up and wait for me....and I am not an impatient person.

vulpesvulpes1
07-12-15, 11:48 PM
Using up all the extra stone requires me to regularly build fountains in the Love Shack.

BabyTanuki
07-17-15, 04:33 PM
You will always be in need of wood. You eventually have too much sap, but can use much more coal because of turning coal into jewels or wisps. But that is much later (when you get into trading jewels, water and glimmer dust).

Stone will always be full.

My suggestion is if you are ever maxed out just try your best to use it. Eventually you will have an influx of everything and be trying to find ways to get rid of it. Decorations are pretty worthless so don't waste time doing them. You get most of them from adventures anyway.