Skip cost - 10 gems
Reward - 3 xp

Goal 4:
- Feed a Chromadile 60 times
Skip cost - 300 gems
Reward - 3 xp

Goal 5:
- Collect 320 Feathers
(Feathers may drop from harvesting crops)
Skip cost - 320 gems
Reward - Fladingo Animal (it will go to your storage)

A couple of tips
- On Goal 2 breed animals that have the dark and water animals so you can have a Chromadile.
- For Goal 5 try to plant food before reach goal 5 so you reach level 5 you already have the food ready to be harvested, 20hrs food is the best one because it will give you more feathers.

Reward:
Fladingo
Dark-Fire
Super Rare
18 hours of incubation and evolution

Good Luck!

Sandybellee
07-07-15, 12:05 PM
Thank you so much for the info! I'm worried about the "may drop" part...
At least I already have a baby Chromadile.

cocauina
07-07-15, 12:09 PM
Thank you so much for the info! I'm worried about the "may drop" part...
At least I already have a baby Chromadile.

I'm warried about that too... Since in the last Goal Lines for animals there was no "may drop", I still have screenshots from the past goals

sandisin
07-07-15, 12:13 PM
Am I correct? We have to hatch 25 animals? Can we buy animals to hatch instead of breeding them?

cocauina
07-07-15, 12:15 PM
Am I correct? We have to hatch 25 animals? Can we buy animals to hatch instead of breeding them?

Normally, every hour means 1 feather, like the world event, but since this time we have the "may drop" we don't know if it's 1 feather per hour. But no, you don't need to hatch 20 animals, you need 20 feathers.

Sandybellee
07-07-15, 12:16 PM

It may mean that we may get 1 feather for each hatching hour. At least I hope so!

mrhammy48
07-07-15, 12:21 PM
FYI - Just bred and hatched and got no feathers. I guess it's by luck that you get feathers.

tezzy37
07-07-15, 12:26 PM
I just hatched a hot dog that was ready to go and got 14 feathers.

First post, btw - hello!

ninasidstorm8
07-07-15, 12:28 PM
Thanks cocauina for the information. I thought we might get something special so I had some 20 hour crops ready. I guess I was too early on that one. I was nice of S8 to make the animal to be bread the Chromadile, since it is the common fail for the Freezel. Since it is a common, I got it first try. I have a 16 hour egg in the nest that will be done before the Chromadile is ready so if the key is hatching, I should complete steps 2 and 3 at the same time.

I'll collect my crops now and plant another 20 hour crop. With any luck, I'll have this one finished tomorrow.

stoneflower8
07-07-15, 12:28 PM
I don't sure how finish this game. No real.

Ca7007
07-07-15, 12:29 PM

First post, btw - hello!
Welcome! That's great. :)
Woohoo, no rare to breed for this event ;)

sandisin
07-07-15, 12:30 PM
I just bought a 2 hr egg, hatched it, & got 2 feathers. Did some speeding & so far have gotten a feather per hour. Can we start breeding for chromadile while still on previous goal?

Sandybellee
07-07-15, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know how many apples it takes to feed Chromadile 60 times starting from level 1?

cocauina
07-07-15, 12:33 PM
Thanks cocauina for the information. I thought we might get something special so I had some 20 hour crops ready. I guess I was too early on that one. I was nice of S8 to make the animal to be bread the Chromadile, since it is the common fail for the Freezel. Since it is a common, I got it first try. I have a 16 hour egg in the nest that will be done before the Chromadile is ready so if the key is hatching, I should complete steps 2 and 3 at the same time.

I'll collect my crops now and plant another 20 hour crop. With any luck, I'll have this one finished tomorrow.

You're welcome! That's great news! Have a nice goal! :)

1. Unicorn(15) 1st weak, 2d critical hit; win
2. Ancien Slot (15) fire atack; win

Wrong post my friend! :p hahaha

stoneflower8
07-07-15, 12:37 PM
:) I passed in other theme

ninasidstorm8
07-07-15, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know how many apples it takes to feed Chromadile 60 times starting from level 1?

I believe it should be 13,315. The chart below shows the feeding schedule for the Chromadile.

Level ...Apples for Next Level

My Original post was incorrect so I have corrected it. Thanks Sandybellee.

Sandybellee
07-07-15, 12:58 PM
I believe it should be 66,575. The chart below shows the feeding schedule for the Chromadile.

Level ...Apples Next Level

Thank you so much! And yikes! I only have about 4000 at the moment. Thankfully you can win them from the battlegrounds too.

SummerNightSky
07-07-15, 01:01 PM
The total food required to get to level 12 is:
5, 20, 40, 100, 250, 500, 800, 1100, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000

That adds up to 14,315 food. CORRECTION: 13,315 food

ninasidstorm8
07-07-15, 01:05 PM

Forgot about the 10 hours it takes to evolve. So I could be done the day after tomorrow. However, I think I will try again for a Frreezel once my Chromodile is put into the nest. If I get another Chromodile, I may choose to only feed the first to level 7 and then do the same thing with the next one as well. I have enough food banked to feed it to level 12 but I hate to waste food on an animal I will soon sell anyway.

Sandybellee
07-07-15, 01:10 PM

That adds up to 14,315 food.

Well that sounds much better than 60 000! Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
07-07-15, 01:12 PM

That adds up to 14,315 food.

Thanks for the correction, I read the Wiki chart wrong, I thought I needed to multiply the Food at each level by 5 for each feeding but it already accounts for that. However, when I total it up I get, 13,315. I'll update my post.

SummerNightSky
07-07-15, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the correction, I read the Wiki chart wrong, I thought I needed to multiply the Food at each level by 5 for each feeding but it already accounts for that. However, when I total it up I get, 13,315. I'll update my post.
I goofed on the math, it is 13,315. That's what I get for doing it in my head lol

ninasidstorm8
07-07-15, 01:21 PM
I goofed on the math, it is 13,315. That's what I get for doing it in my head lol

At lest you were closer that I was on my first attempt. :)

LauraGSJK
07-07-15, 01:56 PM

First post, btw - hello!

Welcome to the forums! I'm relatively new also. Been reading them for awhile, but recently started posting. I wish you, & everyone else, good luck with the new goals.

Also, thank you, everyone that posted information. I really appreciate all the great help!

LauraGSJK
07-07-15, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know the name of the animal in the new battlegrounds (it showed up for me today). I have searched the forums & can't find anything on it. Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to delete your own posts? Good luck with the new goals! 😃 👍

oo56
07-07-15, 02:14 PM
The new animal is a Wyburn!

oo56
07-07-15, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know the name of the animal in the new battlegrounds (it showed up for me today). I have searched the forums & can't find anything on it. Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to delete your own posts? Good luck with the new goals! �� ��

Here is the information you need! Hope it helps!;)

Final Reward:

Wyburn - Nature/Fire - 18 hrs. breeding time & 19 hrs. evolution time - Rare - Only obtainable through Battlegrounds - 260 XP gained

oo56
07-07-15, 02:19 PM
Final Reward:

Fladingo - Dark/Fire - 18 hrs. incubation time & 18 hrs. evolution time - obtainable through Plucked Pink Plumes Goal - 280 XP gained

ogreve
07-07-15, 02:35 PM
This one will be a VERY interesting and easy quest!
I so happen to have two Chromadiles in my forest, one a level 10 and one a level 7. Also, I was full-blown cracking away at harvesting for the Nightmare that I now missed by a 15 minute margin. I have right now 56,605 food, so it's easy enough to just raise the both of my current Chromadiles, making sure that the level 10 one makes it to epic level. All I need to do then, is a reverse calculation.
It will take a total of 320 harvesting hours for the final goal. When using Rune Prunes and "something else" that is then 320/6 = 53,3 hours per farm. This could be done with Rune Prunes or something more high-end (which I'm inclined to do, because I want to raise a lot of animals to ever higher levels). So, somewhere by Sunday morning or so I should start the harvesting part, and the very first 120 feathers can be planned for early by timely planting Rune Prunes.
Heck, I currently have a 9 hour Firefox hatching and an 11 hour Glacial Griffin in the den. I could just see those through and then skip the Chromadile breeding and get directly to the harvesting part, but.... I've never bred much for the Dark-Water combination and hence still need some 4 of the "collaterals". I only have a Chameneon and two Chromadiles, so I think I'll give the breeding a few shots, until I either get the Chromadile (which should be easy as it's a common) or until I get bored with it.
The other new animal is an interesting combination too: nature-electric. I've hardly done anything for that combination and only have a Thunderhawk of that kind.

Update: I checked the breeding calculator at the Wiki for the outcomes of a 4-element breeding of nature-lightning-dark-water and when including the Chromadile in the count, there are 33 possible outcomes of which 22 would be good ones! This is going to be my breeding combination for some days to come!
I'll list the results here:
1) Thunderhawk (11) + Chromadile (7): 13 hours: Conduktor.
2) Thunderhawk (11) + Chromadile (7): 18 hours: Catypuss! Good one: I didn't have that yet AND there's a goal for it!
3) Thunderhawk (11) + Chameneon (10): 16 hours: AURORA PEGASUSSSSSSS!!!! Finally! There you are!!!! \O/
4) Thunderhawk (11) + Chameneon (10): 16 hours: Thunderhawk
5) Frostfang (15) + Chameneon (10): 11 hours: Chromadile (this one was an intentional straight water-dark shot at it - got it directly)
6) Thunderhawk (11) + Chameneon (10): 11 hours: Chromadile. I went back to the 4 elements breeding and sure enough this time it was another Chromadile.
7) Thunderhawk (11) + Chameneon (10): 17 hours: Koala Cadabra.
8) Thunderhawk (11) + Chromadile (15): 16 hours: Thunderhawk.
9) Thunderhawk (11) + Chameneon (10): 10 hours: Planther.

It looks a bit as if I shouldn't have broken the line of 4-element breedings after the 4th attempt; it's been nothing but the same old commons ever since....

luna2cute
07-07-15, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting everyone! I just about used all my food to epic my nightmare but am saving it now!!

LauraGSJK
07-07-15, 03:49 PM
Here is the information you need! Hope it helps!;)

Final Reward:

Wyburn - Nature/Fire - 18 hrs. breeding time & 19 hrs. evolution time - Rare - Only obtainable through Battlegrounds - 260 XP gained

Thank you so very much, oo56! I greatly appreciate your help!

Buttercup0001
07-07-15, 04:12 PM
Hi all and thanks to cocauina for the info. Goal 1 done..Goal 2 I hatched mt Strawbeary got my 19 feathers from it. One feather off and just place a 45hrs Sapphire Cthulhu egg in the nest...no complaing about that..im extremely happy with it...also hoping that to breed the Chromadile isnt a pain to get as in other quests...good luck all :)

jsburas
07-07-15, 04:48 PM
Got 11 hrs first try breeding, is the Chromadile the only 11hr animal?

cocauina
07-07-15, 05:11 PM
Got 11 hrs first try breeding, is the Chromadile the only 11hr animal?

Yes :) Chromadile is a common animal, so the goal to hatch a animal is easy.

infinitelove19
07-07-15, 05:28 PM
Yes :) Chromadile is a common animal, so the goal to hatch a animal is easy.

I am so relieved they went with a common animal this time. A rare animal can be tough to breed in a short period of time, especially when they have so much food harvesting to do *after* feeding your Chromadile(s). Also is more inclusive of lower level players who may not have much food lying around. So much easier to breed two (or even three) common Chromadiles feed up to level 5 or 6 rather than getting only one rare animal and having to feed it up very high using way more food. Lovely goal this time!!! Good luck everyone! :-)

SummerNightSky
07-07-15, 06:03 PM
LOL, bred Dark/Water for the first time, wanting an 11 hour timer (Chromadile).

What do I get? A 17 hour timer (Sea Drake).

I'm happy because it's 1) one I don't have yet and 2) Super Rare, but might speed up the breeding/incubating a bit. Need to figure out the amount of time needed to get the Fladingo.

RowanaFarrin
07-07-15, 06:44 PM
Oh! This looks neat and something I should be able to do. I wasn't really prepared for the ice cream event, but with all the useful tips here, I am ready for this one. And I don't have a Chromadile yet, so that's useful too! Step 1: Flowers = check! Step 2 in process.. I have a few things left over from trying to breed Nightmare (no luck, but I did get an Ember Bear and a Hot Dog!), then I should be ready for the little croc!

Good luck and have fun everyone!

KatiesIslands
07-07-15, 06:47 PM
Yeah, well I bought four fire bushes, hatched an animal that was ready to go, moved my breeding to the nest and bred for a Chromodile. When I returned to my game an hour later, my animal was still hatched, but my four fire bushes were gone and I was back at step one. This time, however, I ha e an 18 hour egg in the nest, only one hour in. I lost the 9 feathers I had. Bah. I get so tired of this stuff.

29vanilla
07-07-15, 08:20 PM
Would it be better to plant the 8 hour food?

Buttercup0001
07-07-15, 11:43 PM
1st try = 15hrs Sea Lion.....dont have one so its a good fail :)

Sandybellee
07-08-15, 01:44 AM
My first try is Freezel! A very good fail!

Ajcl01
07-08-15, 02:45 AM
I am so relieved they went with a common animal this time. A rare animal can be tough to breed in a short period of time, especially when they have so much food harvesting to do *after* feeding your Chromadile(s). Also is more inclusive of lower level players who may not have much food lying around. So much easier to breed two (or even three) common Chromadiles feed up to level 5 or 6 rather than getting only one rare animal and having to feed it up very high using way more food. Lovely goal this time!!! Good luck everyone! :-)
Is it allowed to do it this way? In my calculation that would make the food amount 495 instead of 13315!
I'm only level 23, just won my first tourney and in my excitement stuffed all the food I had in Patriotter's hungry mouth. No way can I harvest 13000 in a week. Haven't a single big fancy farm. Can't afford to upgrade.

sweetdeda
07-08-15, 02:51 AM
Is it allowed to do it this way? In my calculation that would make the food amount 495 instead of 13315!
I'm only level 23, just won my first tourney and in my excitement stuffed all the food I had in Patriotter's hungry mouth. No way can I harvest 13000 in a week. Haven't a single big fancy farm. Can't afford to upgrade.

Yes feeding 2 or even 3 will count, as long as you feed 60 times.

Sandybellee
07-08-15, 03:14 AM
Just to clarify - does reaching goal 5 mean 320 hours of farming? I'm trying to decide whether to skip breeding a Chromadile and just feeding the baby I already have...

Ajcl01
07-08-15, 03:43 AM
Yes feeding 2 or even 3 will count, as long as you feed 60 times.

Thanks for that reply! :) These events are tricky to figure out by yourself when you're new to this, so glad I found this forum. You guys are a big help, all input appreciated by a rookie :)

ogreve
07-08-15, 05:34 AM
Just to clarify - does reaching goal 5 mean 320 hours of farming? I'm trying to decide whether to skip breeding a Chromadile and just feeding the baby I already have...

Hi,

Yes, it means a "total amount of 320 farming hours", BUT these can be spread over a maximum of 6 farms, and when doing so without gaps between planting and harvesting that would turn out to be a total of 53.3 hours per farm. Well over two days of 24/7 farming time, so make sure to start on time! You can already start building up a food reserve and then depending on how many Chromadiles you've got, you can work out the math on when to plant 20 hour crops. As an example, if you don't have any Chromadile now, you would need to breed one and after that it would take 2 times a 10 hour evolution. Suppose you've build up enough of a food reserve before making the first evolution, you could just as soon as the Chromadile's hatching is done plant 6 times Rune Prunes. Then, directly feed your new Chromadile, let it evolve (takes 10 hours) and as soon as it comes out, feed it all the way up to the point of the second evolution, let it evolve (takes another 10 hours) and as soon as it comes out, feed it again (should be 10 more feedings) until the goal clears. Then, harvest the 6x 20 hour Rune Prunes and you'll have made a very nicely timed start.

I'm approaching it slightly differently: for now I'm putting in a few 4-element breedings of which one of the common fails is a Chromadile. If I get that, I'll plant the Rune Prunes when the hatching has taken 1 hour. As soon as the hatching ends (10 hours later then), I can feed the baby Chromadile 15 times, feed the level 10 Chromadile 25 times (so it can become an epic), let the new one evolve and after those 10 hours feed it 20 more times. That should add up to a total time of 20 hours (depending on if nothing ends overnight).
If my breeding doesn't give a Chromadile or if for some other reason I want to get on with it without going for a bred Chromadile, there's a plan B for me, being to skip the breeding goal at a cost of 10 gems and then just raise my level 10 Chromadile to epic level and feed the level 7 one 35 times (requiring 1 evolution).

BTW: Strictly spoken I *think* there is a different way for getting the 320 feathers too without it taking precisely 320 hours: you also get them when planting 3 minute power pears, but.... it's a matter of chance then. Sometimes I've gotten such items when planting Power Pears but most often not. When averaged out, it comes down to more or less the same amount of feathers as you would have gotten if you had grown the fruits that take longer. During these type of goals I personally try to stick with the ones that take longer times, like the 20 hour and 8 hour ones (or at least the 1 hour and 5 hour ones, all depending on when the harvesting would be done etc. so it doesn't end during the night).

@Ajcl01 (post #42): Growing 13315 food is actually pretty easy, be it somewhat "intense": just make sure you have 6 farms of any kind, and do consecutive plantings of the 3 minute power pears. That gives you 120 food every 3 minutes, for a maximum hourly total of close to 2400. With that approach in some 5.5 hours you'd have the food you need. If you start doing this asap, you'll leisurely pull that off and have plenty of time to spare. ;)

RowanaFarrin
07-08-15, 06:04 AM
My first try is Freezel! A very good fail!

Me too! :P I may speed it up a bit so I have more time for the last part of the goals, but I'm not complaining!

TwiWoods
07-08-15, 07:01 AM
For Step 2 - I got 1 feather per hour of hatching time.

For step 3 - I just needed to breed a chromodile - I got credit for that step when I put it on the nest. This may be because I already had one at level 8. I am on step 4 now and will feed the one I had to epic then feed the baby when it hatches for the rest of the goal. I should be on the last step before I go to bed tonight.

This is a welcome change since I couldn't breed the needed animals for the last 2 goal chains. Very happy a common and not a rare animal is needed.

ninasidstorm8
07-08-15, 09:47 AM
Reminder to everyone. To complete Step 3 without spending gems, you must move a Chromadile Egg to the Nest after completing Step 2. If you have a Chromadile in the breeding den and you don't have the 20 feathers to complete Step 1, you can hatch something from your storage or buy an egg or two to complete Step 2 if you do not want to take the time to breed another Chromadile.

When I moved my Chromadile to the nest, I needed the nesting time from the Chromadile to complete Step 2 ( I only had 16 feathers a that point so that completed Step 2 for me but not Step 3. I had another Chromadile in the breeding den so I just moved that to the nest to complete Step 3. I could just feed each one to level 6 to complete Step 4 but I may feed the first one to level 9 and then feed the second one through the end of level 3 to save the evolution time.

Sandybellee
07-08-15, 10:04 AM
Hi,

Yes, it means a "total amount of 320 farming hours", BUT these can be spread over a maximum of 6 farms, and when doing so without gaps between planting and harvesting that would turn out to be a total of 53.3 hours per farm. Well over two days of 24/7 farming time, so make sure to start on time! You can already start building up a food reserve and then depending on how many Chromadiles you've got, you can work out the math on when to plant 20 hour crops. As an example, if you don't have any Chromadile now, you would need to breed one and after that it would take 2 times a 10 hour evolution. Suppose you've build up enough of a food reserve before making the first evolution, you could just as soon as the Chromadile's hatching is done plant 6 times Rune Prunes. Then, directly feed your new Chromadile, let it evolve (takes 10 hours) and as soon as it comes out, feed it all the way up to the point of the second evolution, let it evolve (takes another 10 hours) and as soon as it comes out, feed it again (should be 10 more feedings) until the goal clears. Then, harvest the 6x 20 hour Rune Prunes and you'll have made a very nicely timed start.

I'm approaching it slightly differently: for now I'm putting in a few 4-element breedings of which one of the common fails is a Chromadile. If I get that, I'll plant the Rune Prunes when the hatching has taken 1 hour. As soon as the hatching ends (10 hours later then), I can feed the baby Chromadile 15 times, feed the level 10 Chromadile 25 times (so it can become an epic), let the new one evolve and after those 10 hours feed it 20 more times. That should add up to a total time of 20 hours (depending on if nothing ends overnight).
If my breeding doesn't give a Chromadile or if for some other reason I want to get on with it without going for a bred Chromadile, there's a plan B for me, being to skip the breeding goal at a cost of 10 gems and then just raise my level 10 Chromadile to epic level and feed the level 7 one 35 times (requiring 1 evolution).

BTW: Strictly spoken I *think* there is a different way for getting the 320 feathers too without it taking precisely 320 hours: you also get them when planting 3 minute power pears, but.... it's a matter of chance then. Sometimes I've gotten such items when planting Power Pears but most often not. When averaged out, it comes down to more or less the same amount of feathers as you would have gotten if you had grown the fruits that take longer. During these type of goals I personally try to stick with the ones that take longer times, like the 20 hour and 8 hour ones (or at least the 1 hour and 5 hour ones, all depending on when the harvesting would be done etc. so it doesn't end during the night).

@Ajcl01 (post #42): Growing 13315 food is actually pretty easy, be it somewhat "intense": just make sure you have 6 farms of any kind, and do consecutive plantings of the 3 minute power pears. That gives you 120 food every 3 minutes, for a maximum hourly total of close to 2400. With that approach in some 5.5 hours you'd have the food you need. If you start doing this asap, you'll leisurely pull that off and have plenty of time to spare. ;)

Thank you, Ogreve! I have to do some calculations, but I think I will skip breeding the Chromadile, because I already have a baby one.
Edit: I'm going to wait it out after all... 18 hours until my Freezel hatches...

SummerNightSky
07-08-15, 11:09 AM
Moved my Sea Drake egg from the den to the nest. Bred Dark + Water again...14 hour timer (Chameneon). LOL.

My second Fail That Is Not Really a Fail.

ninasidstorm8
07-08-15, 12:13 PM
Should finish this Goal Line in a bit under 20 hours. I have completed the first 3 steps. The first Chromadile I bred has been fed 15 times and is in the Evolution Flower. My second Chromadile is in the nest and will hatch in a little less than 9 hours and a third is in the Breeding Den (I am still trying for Freezel/Monsoon Marmot). My plan is to feed the first Chromadile to level 6 when it gets out of the Evolution Flower. Then I will sell it and replace it with the second Chromadile when it hatches and. feed it through Level 3. In a little under 20 hours, the third Chromodile will be ready to hatch. I will sell the second Chromadile and replace it with the third one. Feed the third one through Level 3 and that should complete Step 4. About the same time, my 20 hour crops should be ready to harvest from my 6 farms and I will collect them and complete Step 5.

My total Food Cost for this method will be 1,045 Apples. You can save even more food by breeding a fourth Chromadile and feeding all of them through level 3. That would only cost 260 Apples.

Good luck to everyone, I hope I am done with Chromadiles for a while.

itsnewnew
07-08-15, 12:38 PM
I really hope that I can finish all the goals to get the Fladingo. I really like its design. First time breeding water+dark for this goal is 17hrs lol Hopefully the second time will get me the Chromadile.

sweetypies97
07-08-15, 01:14 PM
So of course I bred a Chromadile when trying to get enough feathers, gah! It doesn't count for the next goal :(

My attempts: crystal unicorn x monsoon marmot

Chromadile
monsoon marmot

DaenerisTargaryen
07-08-15, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

Can someone please confirm that part 3 of the challenge, which is about feeding up a chromadile, can actually be accomplished with chromadiles that were hatched prior to the challenge? I have got a level 10 and a level 4 chromadile which I had forever. If I pay the 10 gems to jump the "hatch a chromadile" step, will I be able to feed up those two and have it count towards the 60 feeds required? Please clarify if you have done this successfully.

Ca7007
07-08-15, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

Can someone please confirm that part 3 of the challenge, which is about feeding up a chromadile, can actually be accomplished with chromadiles that were hatched prior to the challenge? I have got a level 10 and a level 4 chromadile which I had forever. If I pay the 10 gems to jump the "hatch a chromadile" step, will I be able to feed up those two and have it count towards the 60 feeds required? Please clarify if you have done this successfully.
Yes, it will count torwards the feeding step. For the last challenge with Pigmy, I had 2 hedgehogs and if I fed either one it counted. :)

DaenerisTargaryen
07-08-15, 01:22 PM
Thank you so much for the quick response, I was worried using dual animals wouldn't count.;)

I just tried and can confirm it works. I spent the 10 gems. I then fed my level 4 chromadile up to level 9, and my level 10 chromadile to level 12. Both were bred and hatched weeks before the challenge. The goal indicator now shows that I have 40 of 60 feeds completed. So yes, it works a) with multiple animals and b) animals hatched before the challenge.

good luck everyone!

cocauina
07-08-15, 02:32 PM
Thank you so much for the quick response, I was worried using dual animals wouldn't count.;)

I just tried and can confirm it works. I spent the 10 gems. I then fed my level 4 chromadile up to level 9, and my level 10 chromadile to level 12. Both were bred and hatched weeks before the challenge. The goal indicator now shows that I have 40 of 60 feeds completed. So yes, it works a) with multiple animals and b) animals hatched before the challenge.

good luck everyone!

In the past goal line challenge, I've used a Solar Simian that I had ages ago :)

luna2cute
07-08-15, 04:49 PM
So of course I bred a Chromadile when trying to get enough feathers, gah! It doesn't count for the next goal :(

My attempts: crystal unicorn x monsoon marmot

Chromadile
monsoon marmot

i just did the same thing! Doh! :)

oo56
07-08-15, 05:29 PM
Try 1: Chromadile
Try 2: Chromadile

I know you need a Chromadile for the goal, but I want the Monsoon Marmot and Freezel, because I don't have it yet! Oh well! Two fails, technically one, because you need one, but I just have to try again. Hope I have better luck!:D

punjet
07-08-15, 05:43 PM
My drop of feathers didn't seem to work when I moved chromodile to the nest or hatch it when I saw it pop up on my screen that I had feathers. Argh!!!

ninasidstorm8
07-08-15, 05:44 PM
Try 1: Chromadile
Try 2: Chromadile

I know you need a Chromadile for the goal, but I want the Monsoon Marmot and Freezel, because I don't have it yet! Oh well! Two fails, technically one, because you need one, but I just have to try again. Hope I have better luck!:D

One advantage of having extra Chromodiles, is you can feed them through level 3 (15 feedings), then sell the extra ones. This will save you food for the feeding step, since each increase in level costs more food per feeding.

I have the same problem, I already bred three Chromodiles.

RowanaFarrin
07-08-15, 06:02 PM
Alright! Got Chromadile on my second try! (Freezel is in the nest now) I should be on track now as long as I pay attention to my farms later on. Maybe I should try breeding a second Chromadile so I can do the next part faster. Hmm.

ninasidstorm8
07-08-15, 06:16 PM
Alright! Got Chromadile on my second try! (Freezel is in the nest now) I should be on track now as long as I pay attention to my farms later on. Maybe I should try breeding a second Chromadile so I can do the next part faster. Hmm.

Congratulations, just remember to account for evolution time from levels 3-4 and 9-10 when you do your calculations for time. You should have plenty of time to complete the steps if you stick with one or try to breed another Chromadile.

epinederose
07-08-15, 09:28 PM
I do not understand TL
It Is useless to reward us with Xp as the Max level we can go Is 40...
This Is scam....

zaccy678
07-08-15, 09:28 PM
Just finished feeding my Chromadiles, onto the harvesting :)

Currently 19% of 320 feathers, it's going to take a few days of harvesting!

Sandybellee
07-09-15, 02:25 AM
Just finished feeding my Chromadiles, onto the harvesting :)

Currently 19% of 320 feathers, it's going to take a few days of harvesting!

Congrats! You're almost there!
I still need to feed my Chromadiles 20 more times. I have one on the nest, one evolving to level 4 and another one fed to level 9 now. I'm not going to harvest my 20 hour food until the feedings are finished so I can get a good headstart to collecting feathers from the farms. This goal is fun because it's achievable unlike the pigmy goal.

ogreve
07-09-15, 02:36 AM
I still need to feed my Chromadiles 20 more times. I have one on the nest, one evolving to level 4 and another one fed to level 9 now. I'm not going to harvest my 20 hour food until the feedings are finished so I can get a good headstart to collecting feathers from the farms. This goal is fun because it's achievable unlike the pigmy goal.

Hi,

I too am very relieved that this quest is an easy one. I currently have a level 10 and a level 7 Chromadile, so I'm in the luxurious position of not really "needing" to breed one (though it would be a welcome savings of 10 gems). Therefore, for now I'm putting in some 4-element breedings (nature-electric-water-dark) as these can give me MANY good outcomes still and one of them is the common Chromadile. The second shot at that gave me a Catypuss! Nice, really nice! It's so much more fun if sometimes these animals come a bit more easily.
As for the Pigmy quest, by some godwonder that was one of the extremely few times that I got the required animal on the first attempt (the only other two times I recall were the Ladypug and the Caturn; ironically enough both super rares) so that one came at leisure too. Not so for the Cactus Kitsune one. Despite a gazilion attempts up to 2 days before the end I still hadn't managed to breed the Solar Simion (I did _have_ one, but already at level 10). So around that time the goal became unobtainable and I gave up.
If by tomorrow evening there's still no Chromadile in the den, I'll probably have a few direct dark-water shots at it. By Saturday evening or so I want to start with the last parts of the goal.

zaccy678
07-09-15, 03:46 AM

I'd been trying to get the Freezel and had 3 Chromadile fails ;)

So yes, pretty easy so far!!

Now if I could only get that Freezel!! My last fail was a Monsoon Marmot :rolleyes:

Bravosii
07-09-15, 05:01 AM
Ah... The great incongruities of life. I now have Freezels running roughshod over my forest. Suddenly the common doesn't seem so common after all! Most recent count: Freezels 4 - Chromadiles 1.

RowanaFarrin
07-09-15, 05:07 AM
Congratulations, just remember to account for evolution time from levels 3-4 and 9-10 when you do your calculations for time. You should have plenty of time to complete the steps if you stick with one or try to breed another Chromadile.

Thanks for the reminder! I did some math and I should be done in plenty of time, even with having to evolve one chromadile twice, as long as I have that 20 hour food ready when I finish that part. I'm glad this goal hasn't been too stressful since I really like the Fladingo! I wasn't here for any of the earlier goals, but they sound fusterating.

ogreve
07-09-15, 05:37 AM
Ah... The great incongruities of life. I now have Freezels running roughshod over my forest. Suddenly the common doesn't seem so common after all! Most recent count: Freezels 4 - Chromadiles 1.

Yes... isn't that odd.... Somehow it seems that during limited time breeding that "funny effect" always happens to be like that.
Hmmm, let's hope there will be some limited time breeding for ALL but ultra-rares, and that we then also find such "inverse chances" on getting ultra-rare after ultra-rare. :D :D :D

ninasidstorm8
07-09-15, 07:51 AM
I just made an error with my food collection that will delay my completion of this goal line. My 20 hour crops were ready to harvest and I collected from four of the six farms before I realized that I was supposed to wait 1/2 hour more for my 3rd Chromodile to hatch so I could feed it 15 times to complete Step 4. Since it takes 11 hours for the Chromodile to incubate and hatch, I should have waited for two hours after breeding the Chromodile, so the crops wouldn't ne ready until after I completed Step 4, to keep this from happening.

Oh well, still plenty of time to complete the goal line. It will just take me another 15 hours to make up for what I collected.

Ca7007
07-09-15, 10:24 AM
1st try: Chameneon
2nd try: Sea Lion
3rd try: Sea Lion
4th try: Sea Lionnnnn
5th try: Chameneonnnnnnnnnnnnn
I don't have either animals so I'm happy, but for once when I actually want a common the game doesn't want give it to me and now I have to wait for them to hatch. I bet when this goal is over I'll be back to having raining Chromadiles.. :rolleyes:

Edit; I thought these were rare? I had so much trouble getting rare trio animals and now I'm having so much trouble to get a common :confused:

chippychan
07-09-15, 10:48 AM
I actually really enjoy these types of goals. :)

I've been keeping baby duplicates of everything I've been breeding just in case I needed one, and I'm glad I kept commons too. Luckily I already had a Chromadile so I'm nearly finished the goal. :)

I'm glad they made it a common animal this time (and not a rare or super-rare), hopefully more players are able to finish the goal because of it. But then again.... as soon as we *want* something it seems to be harder to get, doesn't it? ;)

luna2cute
07-09-15, 01:07 PM
Ok I realized I had a level 10 and a level 4 chromodile already and was not having luck breeding for one (15 hour fail!), so I skipped that part with gems, only 10 so I don't feel so bad.

Now I have fed 55/60 and am waiting for one to evolve to finish this section.

Friendly neighbourhood advice....Please please please!! Save up your food for this section! I had a bunch saved but it almost wasn't enough, so keep saving food if you haven't finished this part yet!! :)

Now I have 20 hour crops waiting for the next feather section...so difficult to not tap on the farm when it's ready!!!

Must...not...tap...

Good luck everyone! I love this animal, it's awesome!!!

Sandybellee
07-09-15, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I too am very relieved that this quest is an easy one. I currently have a level 10 and a level 7 Chromadile, so I'm in the luxurious position of not really "needing" to breed one (though it would be a welcome savings of 10 gems). Therefore, for now I'm putting in some 4-element breedings (nature-electric-water-dark) as these can give me MANY good outcomes still and one of them is the common Chromadile. The second shot at that gave me a Catypuss! Nice, really nice! It's so much more fun if sometimes these animals come a bit more easily.
As for the Pigmy quest, by some godwonder that was one of the extremely few times that I got the required animal on the first attempt (the only other two times I recall were the Ladypug and the Caturn; ironically enough both super rares) so that one came at leisure too. Not so for the Cactus Kitsune one. Despite a gazilion attempts up to 2 days before the end I still hadn't managed to breed the Solar Simion (I did _have_ one, but already at level 10). So around that time the goal became unobtainable and I gave up.
If by tomorrow evening there's still no Chromadile in the den, I'll probably have a few direct dark-water shots at it. By Saturday evening or so I want to start with the last parts of the goal.

Hi! That's a great 4 element combination. I may have to try that one next because I'm still missing a lot of animals it may produce and I should breed with 4 elements more for even a slight chance of a unicorn. They keep coming out with new things to breed for all the time almost forcing you to concentrate on just two elements if you want to finish the goals.

I hope you've got your Chromadile already! I'm on the last goal collecting feathers from farming. So much better than the Pigmy challenge - I still don't have a Hedgehog! :)

Sandybellee
07-09-15, 03:25 PM

I'd been trying to get the Freezel and had 3 Chromadile fails ;)

So yes, pretty easy so far!!

Now if I could only get that Freezel!! My last fail was a Monsoon Marmot :rolleyes:

Great fails just in time for this challenge! I hope you get your Freezel soon. I'm still missing every other dark-water combo except for the Chromadile and the Freezel. But it's good to have many creatures missing because there's a bigger chance of getting something new from breeding.

Sandybellee
07-09-15, 03:28 PM
I just made an error with my food collection that will delay my completion of this goal line. My 20 hour crops were ready to harvest and I collected from four of the six farms before I realized that I was supposed to wait 1/2 hour more for my 3rd Chromodile to hatch so I could feed it 15 times to complete Step 4. Since it takes 11 hours for the Chromodile to incubate and hatch, I should have waited for two hours after breeding the Chromodile, so the crops wouldn't ne ready until after I completed Step 4, to keep this from happening.

Oh well, still plenty of time to complete the goal line. It will just take me another 15 hours to make up for what I collected.

Oh no! Luckily there's still a lot of time left. I almost did that too. It's very hard not to tap that apple when you see it. :)

sandisin
07-09-15, 05:23 PM
Almost every planting I get feathers from only 5 of my farms. Once, only feathers from 4 farms.

sandisin
07-09-15, 05:38 PM
What are you planting?
I've been planting the two different 1 hr crops, 5 hr crops and 8 hr crops. Hasn't made any difference.

cocauina
07-09-15, 05:50 PM
I've been planting the two different 1 hr crops, 5 hr crops and 8 hr crops. Hasn't made any difference.

I harvested the 20hrs on my 6 farms 1 hour and half ago and I received 20 feathers from each farm.

Try to tap on the farms to harvest the crops 1 by 1, and give a couple seconds before harvesting the next farm, there are players that had this problem where they were to fast harvesting the farms and because of that they didn't received the correct amount of things, so they started to collect slowly and since then, they are receiving the correct amount.

Sometimes what can happen also, that happens to me sometimes, is the box saying how many things you got, don't even show up, but the game still counts what you collected, this happened on DS, in a world event where the box wasn't showing up, but the amount of things were still increasing when I collected them.

sandisin
07-09-15, 06:07 PM
I do wait in between harvesting crops. its hard to know if you're really getting the feathers since it's a percentage. I do know that sometimes with the 1 hr crops my percentage has gone up only 1%

ninasidstorm8
07-09-15, 06:11 PM
I do wait in between harvesting crops. its hard to know if you're really getting the feathers since it's a percentage. I do know that sometimes with the 1 hr crops my percentage has gone up only 1%

If you don't like the percentage, look at the number of gems it takes to complete the task. It appears as if it costs one gem per feather to complete. You can use it as an indicator of the remaining feathers you have to collect. Just don't press it :)

sandisin
07-09-15, 06:16 PM
Well, duh on me!!! Lol I should have known that! Thanks for your help.

zaccy678
07-09-15, 06:17 PM
Up to 53% of 320 :)

luna2cute
07-10-15, 01:10 AM
I'm at 38%. Hopefully plenty of time. :)

cardinalpsy
07-10-15, 03:50 AM
Finally completed the last goal. Hatching time 18 hrs.

sandisin
07-10-15, 06:52 AM
Finally completed the last goal. Hatching time 18 hrs.

Congrats!!!

RowanaFarrin
07-10-15, 01:23 PM
Alright! On the last step! 38% so far!

rjazz
07-10-15, 01:54 PM
Anybody else's egg look huge on the nest???

sweetdeda
07-10-15, 04:04 PM
I finished, I hope to be able to hatch it soon.

sweetdeda
07-10-15, 04:40 PM
Anybody else's egg look huge on the nest???

Just popped over to your forest and your right the egg does look bigger than normal.

SummerNightSky
07-10-15, 07:06 PM
Thankfully, I got a Chromadile on my 3rd Dark/Water breeding attempt. He is currently evolving to level 10. I have enough food for the remaining 15 feedings, and I also have Rune Prunes growing for a head start on the last goal. So it looks like I'm on track to earn the Fladingo :)

Sandybellee
07-10-15, 11:50 PM
I also finished! Can't wait to be able to hatch it. This was such a fun goal. I hope we get more like this.
Congrats to all who have finished already and good luck to everyone still on their way!

zaccy678
07-11-15, 01:01 AM
Done too :)

Lisa0107
07-11-15, 06:01 AM
I got really lucky. got the Chromadile on the first try. I'm at 70% on the feathers. I should this soon! But alas I will have to sell a common to make room for him. I have sold 8 commons so far to make room for all these new animals. I guess that is a good problem to have! Good luck to those still collecting feathers! or feeding, or breeding!!!!:o

tuffyjkitten
07-11-15, 08:28 AM
Finished this morning. Didn't even know I was that close, I don't like the percentage counter. Just tell me xx/320 and I will be happy. Haven't hatched it yet, have yet another thunderhawk fail on my nest. That's 5 in a row. So much for a Catypuss visiting my island....:(

SummerNightSky
07-11-15, 10:10 AM
I gave up on breeding for Catypuss because I want to clear my storage of any animals. Currently it's only Hydro Yak, Twilight Troll, and Strawbeary, but Fladingo and (hopefully) Typhoon Tiger are incoming.

Just a plant and wait game now since I'm on the last goal of this.

oo56
07-11-15, 11:05 AM
I think I'll get this Fladingo in time because I have 38% of the 320 Pink Plumes!

ninasidstorm8
07-11-15, 11:32 AM
Finished up the goal line for the Fladingo this morning even though I messed up my initial food collection by collecting my 20 hour crops too soon. I think this goal line was as easy as the Puffalo. Just need to find the time to hatch it.

Good Luck to all still trying.

RowanaFarrin
07-11-15, 03:11 PM
Forgot to plant one of my farms last night somehow, so I only had 5 full when I woke up. XD But still up to 71 % and well on my way to being done tomorrow morning! ^_^

Got it! It's in my nest now! :D

SummerNightSky
07-12-15, 12:26 PM
Just 2 harvests of Mystic Mangoes away from getting Fladingo (I'm at 75% for the final goal).

luna2cute
07-12-15, 04:44 PM
Got it. It's sitting in storage because I forgot to clear my nest. Doh!!

cat13793
07-13-15, 04:23 AM
Got it yesterday afternoon, sped it up and now I have it in a habitat. So cute, this goal was much easier than I thought it would be!

JustKay
07-13-15, 11:24 PM
Yay, got my Fadingo! This goal was much easier than the last one. Great to see better balancing in setting the goal requirements. Thanks S8!

MisterBlu
07-14-15, 11:35 AM
I am spitting teeth. I calculated the finishing time for this goal to be 7.30 pm UK time according to the info given in the goal. I had over 60% of the feathers needed and at 7.10 pm accessed the game to finish the goal buy using gems - about 120 or so which I had. I was horrified to find the goal had already expired! But guess what! I could buy the Fladingo for 1000 gems. NO THANKS.

utili68
07-14-15, 11:47 AM
I am spitting teeth. I calculated the finishing time for this goal to be 7.30 pm UK time according to the info given in the goal. I had over 60% of the feathers needed and at 7.10 pm accessed the game to finish the goal buy using gems - about 120 or so which I had. I was horrified to find the goal had already expired! But guess what! I could buy the Fladingo for 1000 gems. NO THANKS.

The same as here in GMT+1.... I had 81% feathers and was ready to earn the farms with 6x 20 feathers! 23 minutes before goal should be finished!! I'm really angry!

elliejean
07-14-15, 01:26 PM
That happen to me as well...I set my alarm just in case I didn't wake up in time!!! I had 90 percent done on both accounts with enough food to finish without using gems but I was too late and I even gave myself an hour prior to the finish time given. That's so unfair :(. I have been a long time player and I'm starting to think TL really doesn't listen to our suggestions or complaints, it's just about the money!!!!! I really think this animal is unique and really wanted this one but not for 1000 gems to finish it :(

TokiChunsa
07-14-15, 01:59 PM
I had 30 something percent done and could have gotten it, but nope. It's gone. I had like 16 hrs left and had only to wait for 8 more then 20 more feathers. But it was gone I had 16 hrs around 3am and it's around 3pm went it told me it expired like 12 hrs ago. What happened to my time??????