PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a fix for the update that broke the game?

Debs4090
07-06-15, 05:33 PM
Does anybody know when there will be an update to return Restaurant Story to it's correct size?

Ever since it updated from 1.7.5 to 1.7.6 it's been huge, it hurts my eyes to play the game now as the icons & mesage board is so large yet when you write on the walls the text is so tiny it's just not funny anymore.

I'm tired of spending twice the time to gift because I have to go to Stormies Restaurant & gift from there ( whilst remembering to take the tick out of his box every time) as if I use the Gift Back option all I can send my neighbours is Coloured Plastic!!!!!! If you don't remember to take the tick out you have to gift from next neighbours restaurant.

Some players have lost the very helpful Block feature so are having to put up with abuse because they can't block a player because an update broke more than it fixed.

The watch a video for a free gem is misleading as it says the same thing but some players are getting gems( like myself) but my brother who also has an iPad & shares my network as we live in same house gets no free gem but one cooker speeds up the cooking time of that item by about two hours.

This update was a week ago to fix bugs & issues yet it has created massive issues & there isn't any sign at all of an update to repair it or anyway of rolling it back to the previous version. Come on Storm8 please return our game to it's correct size & let us use the gift back option where WE choose the gift.
I can see this "update" losing the game a lot of players it's a game it's meant to be fun not like a job taking ages & ages to gift because the gift back button is now broken!

mawmaw3
07-08-15, 05:29 AM
I have had trouble with RS since June 26, lost stored decorations trying to put the out for the holiday..never returned..I,too, can only'gift back' a blue knob..very time consuming to give my nbrs what they want, having to go to each restaurant to gift..don't like where the pop-ups come in my left hand corner..I didn't get the option for any gems or video & I play on an iPad Air..tried deleting app, rebooting, but not a thing seems to fix it..yep it wanted a rating..you betcha I gave it one!!

meme1098
07-08-15, 06:53 AM
Seems like fixing all the problems created since the last app update isn't very high on their priority list since its been like 2 weeks now!!! I posted yesterday about this in the bugs thread but it's looks like nobody cares anymore.

bobbyrae
07-08-15, 07:45 AM
Seems like fixing all the problems created since the last app update isn't very high on their priority list since its been like 2 weeks now!!! I posted yesterday about this in the bugs thread but it's looks like nobody cares anymore.
Fixing what's broken never seems to be priority. Fixing what's not broken, however, always gets done in the quickest possible jiffy. If there had been a glitch that caused us to only be able to gift back gems then you'd see that fixed immediately!

deekathleen
07-08-15, 08:40 AM
Fixing what's broken never seem to be priority. Fixing what's not broken, however, always gets done in the quickest possible jiffy. If there had been a glitch that caused us to only be able to gift back gems then you'd see that fixed immediately!

Yes, look how quickly they fixed the gifting a completed goal oven glitch in BS.

nightshine7
07-08-15, 01:53 PM
At this point I don't expect too much from Storm8. They REFUSE to fix the pop up that takes gems. That's why I can't keep 10 or more. They're FULLY aware of this problem for many yet refuse to at least put in a verify option like "Are you sure you want to purchase......" This happens with here and BS. And, their charging gems now for goal items and update items is another sign of their not really giving a rat's ...... As one who actually spends money on much wanted items I flat out refuse to use gems on goals/updates. They're getting too greedy for me. And, the players that condone their behavior by completing these goals, as far as I'm concerned, they're just as guilty for not standing up to Storm8 and telling them they're doing is wrong.

freesiawoods
07-09-15, 05:35 AM
Yes, look how quickly they fixed the gifting a completed goal oven glitch in BS.

Haha yes, way too quick!! The gifting issue now on ios is really annoying.

Debs4090
07-26-15, 07:29 PM
Glad it's not just me been 3 weeks now & still no sign of a fix :( The huge out of proportion screen is really starting to hurt my eyes & the gifting issue is driving me insane, remembering to take tick out of Stormie's place so can gift then forget who neighbour was & have to go back to check & bang forget to take tick out so have to visit another neighbour to gift grrrr.

Seems TeamLava since changing their name to Storm8 has also made them change their way of doing business now stoves cost gems, completing certain goals costs gems, sorry but 2 free gems a day won't get you very far & what if you can't afford to buy gems not fair Storm8.

Seriously beginning to wonder if Storm8 is actually the mobile games name for a games company called Zynga as most certainly acting the same the free gems idea was introduced a matter of days after Zynga added it into Castleville Legends & some of Zynga's games have had same issues for over 2 years & still not fixed, just a thought.....