PDA

View Full Version : Why does this game hate wi-fi?

Skeptacular
07-06-15, 01:34 PM
I've never seen an app which requires internet access have such difficulty connecting. Especially considering it works fine on mobile data.

I'll repost the link from the post below from Pika here so it's easier to find.
Click here for more information about this issue (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82424-Unable-to-access-S8-games&p=1127790&viewfull=1#post1127790)... SpiritWind.

candie1230
07-06-15, 06:53 PM
I play on wifi and I've never had a problem, must be your connection.

PikaSquirrel
07-07-15, 10:28 AM
I've never seen an app which requires internet access have such difficulty connecting. Especially considering it works fine on mobile data.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your wifi. :( When you experience issues please try resetting your wifi setting on your device. If you continue to experience issues while on wifi, please follow the instructions in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82424-Unable-to-access-S8-games&p=1127790&viewfull=1#post1127790). Let me know if you have any questions.

Skeptacular
07-08-15, 11:47 AM
I play on wifi and I've never had a problem, must be your connection.

Apparently not.

Skeptacular
07-08-15, 11:56 AM
Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your wifi. :( When you experience issues please try resetting your wifi setting on your device. If you continue to experience issues while on wifi, please follow the instructions in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82424-Unable-to-access-S8-games&p=1127790&viewfull=1#post1127790). Let me know if you have any questions.

I'd rather you simply fixed the bug.

PikaSquirrel
07-09-15, 06:08 PM
I'd rather you simply fixed the bug.

Can you try using a different wifi connection if there are any available to you and see if the issue still persists?

Skeptacular
07-13-15, 12:33 PM
I don't have a different wifi connection available to me. Most people find that one wifi connection in their home is sufficient.

Do you really think asking people who are experiencing this problem to try another wifi connection is a reasonable workaround? Just for the one app on our phones that has this bug?

nmishii
07-13-15, 12:54 PM
It seems to be a problem on your end, since no one else seems to have a problem.

It it may not be wifi, that's a catch all answer. It could be a memory issue on your end, as the app requires a whole lot of memory. Try to clean up memory on your phone. Restart it.

You can try free wifi hotspots in your area. In my area, McDonalds, Starbucks, Target, Macy's, Barnes and Noble have free wifi, plus others. But if it doesn't work that doesn't necessarily mean the app has a problem, other than putting out the wrong error message.

Ajuty
07-14-15, 11:30 AM
It seems to be a problem on your end, since no one else seems to have a problem.
more people have this problem, there is a thread about it (linked in Pika's post)

8.30pm here (Europe) so i can't open Castle and Dragon Story using wifi...
and it is not about memory, background applications etc.

nikkilunahoi
07-18-15, 01:41 PM
Same problem here with CS in Europe.

Skeptacular
07-21-15, 12:10 PM

In a thread with a link to another thread where people are having this problem, this response beggar's belief.

It it may not be wifi, that's a catch all answer. It could be a memory issue on your end, as the app requires a whole lot of memory. Try to clean up memory on your phone. Restart it.

You can try free wifi hotspots in your area. In my area, McDonalds, Starbucks, Target, Macy's, Barnes and Noble have free wifi, plus others. But if it doesn't work that doesn't necessarily mean the app has a problem, other than putting out the wrong error message.

I work in software quality assurance. If I was aware that a bug in our software was also generating the wrong error message I'd log an extra case, because that's TWO BUGS.

So anyway, over two weeks later and still no response on this.

KadeeDid
07-21-15, 12:40 PM
Can you try using a different wifi connection if there are any available to you and see if the issue still persists?

I often have this issue but not with other applications, non TL games. I have tried wifi at home, numerous coffee shops, friends and family members . . . Sometimes have to fight the glimmer golem twice. Frequently get the message saying that this is an online game. I have no online issues with my computer using the wifi at the same time. I close unnecessary apps, visit neighbours etc. Follow all the suggested protocol. Family members work in IT and I have as well. Have designed software too. Everything has been checked.

Another friend had to decimate her kingdom and store most of it as she is unable to run the game otherwise.she has contacted support several times over the last few months. Nada.

nmishii
07-21-15, 01:41 PM
In a thread with a link to another thread where people are having this problem, this response beggar's belief.

I work in software quality assurance. If I was aware that a bug in our software was also generating the wrong error message I'd log an extra case, because that's TWO BUGS.

So anyway, over two weeks later and still no response on this.

Ok, insert "almost" before "no one"

I used to develop software. Note that not all software quality assurance (SQA) organizations work the same. I'm not even sure this company has one.

Being in SQA, one should know that not all problems are easy to fix, and often requires more information. Especially when a small group is experiencing the problem. When requests for more information is outright refused, or help is suggested and rudely commented on, it shouldn't be surprising that more people aren't responding to this thread.

Skeptacular
07-22-15, 01:47 PM
The request for more information has been responded to and apparently ignored.

PikaSquirrel
07-29-15, 01:17 PM
Sorry you guys are still experiencing this. :( We've taken a look at our games and these connection issues are not on our end. Some games may work and some may not, depending on how much data the game requires to open and play. Please contact your ISP for additional support on these connection issues. Thank you.

Skeptacular
07-30-15, 12:01 PM
If it only happens to Storm8/Team Lava games, and it's happening to a lot of people then the problem is on your end. If you were honest enough to admit that, and tell me that you are attempting to find the problem but are currently unable to, then I would accept that. This outright denial is just insulting. To suggest I contact my ISP who provide an excellent service in order to pin the blame on them is doubly insulting.