PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheets listing your animals by types?

Brambles2
07-06-15, 06:50 AM
I'm certain some of you must have already compiled spreadsheets listing your animals. Rather cheekily wondering whether anyone would like to share theirs, rather than us all repeat the process.

For myself, I'd like one in Numbers (apple iMac & iPad ), but I'm sure others would use other formats.

If not, I thought I'd list mine by which types e.g. Electric, Dark etc, recording whether bred, won in tournaments or battlegrounds & whether expired. Probably, I'd record level too.

eva178
07-06-15, 08:21 AM
Great idea
Would you show me the spreadsheet that you've created ?

Brambles2
07-06-15, 08:34 AM
Sorry, Eva,

My post was trying to see whether others had already created spreadsheets in various formats, BEFORE investing the time to create my own.

If there are no responses, my last sentence listed my initial thoughts on what I might include. Obviously, if I do create my own, I will happily share it here.

YeahBabyBabylonian
07-07-15, 12:09 PM
Here, I'll try to post mine .. it is actually a google doc but I exported it as an Excel sheet (xlsx) .. hopefully you can import it into whatever format you use. You need to keep the "data" tab up-to-date by adding new animals as they are added to the game, but other than that it is pretty well automated. If you have any questions just let me know .. hope you find it useful.

eva178
07-07-15, 12:34 PM
Can't open THE file it has two different files xlsx and zip
Can you upload it als xlsx

reeisme
07-11-15, 02:13 PM
Sorry, Eva,

My post was trying to see whether others had already created spreadsheets in various formats, BEFORE investing the time to create my own.

If there are no responses, my last sentence listed my initial thoughts on what I might include. Obviously, if I do create my own, I will happily share it here.

I think mine will work for you (you'll have to tweak it to your specifications, but it's a good start). However, it's an xls file and it won't allow me to upload it here. If you want this as an excel file or word doc, message me and I can email it to you. As a bonus, you'll receive my spreadsheet for battles as well (all elements that are strong/weak to each other)! You're welcome. ;)

Here is a screenshot of A-C just so you can get an idea if this is what you're looking for. (If I don't have the animal in my habitat yet then the number listed in that column is the breed time.)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&d=1436649511 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&d=1436649511)

Brambles2
07-13-15, 10:46 AM
thanks to both Yeah BabyBabylonian & Reeisme, I like seeing what others find useful.
I have in mind to list by the various type combinations, e.g. Electric/Dark, Electric/ Water etc, then by Super Rare, Rare, Common, & include that level I have, plus evolution time. This should make breeding /feeding/evolving decisions quicker.

My work commitments are frantic just now, but I need to act quickly as I have reached the habitat limit, so must do some thinning out of animals.

Prior to the Puffalo/Catsune Kitsune/ Fladingo style quests, it was simple, only keep duplicates Super or Ultra Rares, however recently I have been selling off the higher level Rares, & now Commons whenever I breed a baby.

I'll happily use yours as an interim measure, & will post mine here once done.

sandisin
07-13-15, 11:48 AM
Brambles2, at your stage in the game, is there anything you wish you had done differently? Not done at all?
Anyone else want to share your experience?

Brambles2
07-14-15, 02:55 AM
Reeisme, I sent you a pm yesterday, if you hit Notifications at the top right, it should appear.

Sandisin, probably this would be better in a separate thread. I suggest you look back for most of Zenobia & Landscape's original guides, most helpful.

Priorities change as your forest develops, initially coins are a problem, visiting other forests, hoping they call back to leave 250 x 6 coins can mount up, always have animals on habitat which can contain most coins, raise them to level 7.
Later coins are irrelevant, we amass too many, at that stage the Super Rares are less important so duplicates can be sold.
When land area was short, I changed my ice fields to hold 16 x 2 animal small Dark habitats as this held 32 animals rather than the 9 x 3 animal Large Dark habitats, now that I have spare land, but am at maximum 66 habitats, I maybe need to change this back. Very awkward to do this!

sandisin
07-14-15, 08:08 AM
Thank you Brambles. I've read all I could find. Very helpful.
Sorry for posting in wrong thread.

tatianasmiles
07-14-15, 11:40 AM
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with my inventory on it for Fantasy Story and Dragon Story both. I also have on the spreadsheet my champions for all critters I have battled in both FS and DS. I tried to upload it but it won't upload. I will share if you send me your email if you still need it.

reeisme
07-14-15, 01:15 PM
thanks to both Yeah BabyBabylonian & Reeisme, I like seeing what others find useful.
I have in mind to list by the various type combinations, e.g. Electric/Dark, Electric/ Water etc, then by Super Rare, Rare, Common, & include that level I have, plus evolution time. This should make breeding /feeding/evolving decisions quicker.

My work commitments are frantic just now, but I need to act quickly as I have reached the habitat limit, so must do some thinning out of animals.

Prior to the Puffalo/Catsune Kitsune/ Fladingo style quests, it was simple, only keep duplicates Super or Ultra Rares, however recently I have been selling off the higher level Rares, & now Commons whenever I breed a baby.

I'll happily use yours as an interim measure, & will post mine here once done.

I just sent this and I think it should work well for you. I only put the breed time if I don't yet have the animal, but otherwise it has everything else you mentioned. I like that I can reorder the list based on abc order, what I'm missing, level, elements, etc. I just went habitat by habitat when updating my animals and their levels. After that I used a wonderful website to figure out the animals that I didn't yet have that are possible to breed (I didn't include those that are limited and no longer available.) [third (http://guide4gamers.com/fantasy-forest-story-breeding-result-chart-teamlava1/) party link removed} (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)

eva178
07-26-15, 09:11 AM
I think mine will work for you (you'll have to tweak it to your specifications, but it's a good start). However, it's an xls file and it won't allow me to upload it here. If you want this as an excel file or word doc, message me and I can email it to you. As a bonus, you'll receive my spreadsheet for battles as well (all elements that are strong/weak to each other)! You're welcome. ;)

Here is a screenshot of A-C just so you can get an idea if this is what you're looking for. (If I don't have the animal in my habitat yet then the number listed in that column is the breed time.)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&d=1436649511 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&d=1436649511)

I have send you a private message! Thanks for this great sheet!