PDA

View Full Version : phone dropped, slot bought, but....!

anavive
07-04-15, 02:29 AM
My daughter is playing Fashion Story on my phone with my ID. Yesterday she was in the process of ordering new fashions. She dropped the phone because our kitten was playing a little bit too wild and when she picked it up her 50 gems were traded into a new slot and now there is one single gem left.

She will get her own device tomorrow on her 12th birthday but until then she still will be playing on my device.

Now I got a desperate almost 12 year old girl!

I already contacted the support team but since my daughter doesn't have her own ID they may not understand properly. I tried to explain the whole problem as good as I can - but english is not my mother's tongue.

Does anyone have an idea if I can do anything else?

Thanks in advance

Anna

Lenkapon
07-04-15, 07:00 AM
Hi there, I know your feeling. I was once had 50 gems but accidentally traded into the **** slot. I contacted TL but they shad they can't reverse the in-game benefits. So all they can do is to say "Sorry for the inconvenience"

I'm sorry I can't understand why you said "...my daughter doesn't have her own ID so they may not understand properly..."

anavive
07-04-15, 04:37 PM
It's just because it was me who played these games before and I lost almost all the fun in playing since a single tap can cause these catastrophes.

Just last week it happened twice to me that I accidentally bought a mystery box on restaurant story and they really credited the gems back and I promised to be careful.

Now the same thing - no second confirmation of a gem purchase and all is gone - happens to my daughter and it is my account (again!). I doubt they will believe it. In fact it IS somehow unbelievable that such thing happens 3 times in only 6 days. BUT...

All Storm8 games have these "accidental possibilities" to get rid of gems.

Sorry, I have to say it this way.
And: a "in-game-benefit" is reversible. I mean, it is NOT impossible! Also I do NOT see any benefit in purchasing something I don't want at all.

It makes me really sad to see my daughter also lose all the fun she had while she played FS. They do not need to make a kid upset, there are enough ppl who pay for their games.
I remember her saying "Mom, look how many gems I got already". Now she's grumbling when she plays.

And in 8 hours we gotta celebrate her birthday with the new tablet and she is like "what the [] do I need a tablet for when I lose everything I worked for when I dropped the phone?" - I understand her very well.

It's just not fair!

A person is able to prevent herself/himself from accidentally buying something in the app store with setting password and PIN.
So why in the world does such thing happen at all?

What the heck is so difficult in programming a confirmation pop-up? When a game opens there are loads of pop-ups.

This is heart breaking. Period. Excuse me that I wrote a novel but I had it to get out.

/EDIT: My daughter doesn't even use that slot in the desperate hope she will get her gems back.

kooky panda
07-08-15, 02:32 PM
I am sorry for the loss. The forum cannot help with loss of gems. Support should be responding shortly .

Please note that users must be 13 years old or older to play. Users between 13 and 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission to play.

You can view the Terms of Service here (http://storm8.com//terms).

A. Your Acceptance of the Terms of Use:
Please carefully read these Terms of Use, which affect your legal rights and obligations. By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Use, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Use.