PDA

View Full Version : "Free Gems" is a ripoff

mailedogwhat
07-03-15, 10:02 PM
I watched a few videos to get the free gems then noticed that the system deducts a gem then "gives" you a free one. So you just watch the videos with no reward. :mad:

skittle68
07-03-15, 10:49 PM
Same thing happened to me!

R5FanForever1
07-04-15, 07:29 AM
On my android, I think you have to download apps to get the gems. When I download an app, I don't get any gems at all. :mad:

bobbyrae
07-04-15, 08:45 AM
I haven't seen this in my game. I watch the videos and get a gem for each video.

myndisue
07-04-15, 07:06 PM
Mine gave me the gem... Then took it away! But at another place of mine it worked just fine.

What I'd really like to know is if there is any rhyme or reason to when & where this option shows up?

ST4CoolGames
07-05-15, 11:18 AM
I haven't seen this in my game. I watch the videos and get a gem for each video.

Same here.

Debs4090
07-06-15, 04:33 PM
I watch videos & get a gem yet my brother who also has an iPad watches the video & all he gets is one cookers cooking time sped up by around 2 hours, yet his says same as mine Watch a video get a free gem.

desertfarmer
07-10-15, 10:57 AM
I always get the message "The video failed to load,try again later"... My bakery is doing fine..

meme1098
07-10-15, 01:21 PM
I played (haha...don't actually watch them) 3 videos just now and the 4th gave the error message. So I force closed the game, came back & it worked fine again.

calli48
07-20-15, 01:39 PM

I'm receiving 10 gems each day in both restaurant and bakery for watching videos.

babyxdoll1
07-21-15, 03:46 AM
I'm receiving 10 gems each day in both restaurant and bakery for watching videos.

This is so unfair as I can only get 10 gems from either Bakery or Restaurant, this never happens in both games because the one in Restaurant disappears when I collect my 10 gems in Bakery. You are so lucky to receive gems in both games.

lynniefish
07-21-15, 08:33 AM
Seriously?!? People are moaning about getting "only" ten free gems a day?!? I'm virtually speechless. (But I can still type.) From what I've read, most players aren't getting anything at all...no gems, no shortened cook times...nothing, nada, bupkis. I will gleefully accept your ten free gems if you're so upset about Storm8's "unfairness."

LalaSmooth
07-21-15, 09:06 AM
I agree!!! I so would love free gems a day from TL! Stop complaining because at least you are getting it for FREE

myndisue
07-22-15, 01:03 PM
Well today I was trying to watch the videos to get free gems. When they actually loaded, it would give me the gem and ask if I wanted to watch another. While it was processing, my previously earned gem disappeared! I watch the 2nd video and them it gives me the same gem back. I started with 18, and I still only have 18 after watching several videos! It happened while I was using both wifi & my cell phones data plan. This is getting very annoying!

grex99
07-26-15, 11:43 AM
In the initial roll out, it seemed that if you invested the time you could mass 100 gems a day. That lasted for about 2 or 3 days. Then they adjusted it to 10 gems a day. As of today, I received 3 gems for the day. I ran 6 vids, 4 gems were issued and one was taken away.

Go figure.

Debs4090
07-26-15, 07:37 PM

Wow lucky you my brother & I play RS & BS & get 2 gems a day in each game.

lynniefish
07-26-15, 07:39 PM
Wow lucky you my brother & I play RS & BS & get 2 gems a day in each game.

Wow, lucky you, I play RS and get zero gems a day. Guess it's all relative, huh?

DelephantShoes
07-29-15, 04:50 AM
Those who are actually getting the gems for videos, what devices are you using?

bobbyrae
07-29-15, 01:57 PM
Those who are actually getting the gems for videos, what devices are you using?

Ipad. I think the offer is only to ios users. Not all ios users, though

happyheartfla
08-01-15, 10:05 AM
I play on an ipad also. The only offer I have received is to watch a video to speed up cook time, and it only speeds up one oven. After a few times of speeding up ovens, the offer disappears entirely! I could waste a few minutes watching videos if it earned me gems....but haven't had the opportunity! I really do wish that S8 would offer things to EVERYONE and be consistent across their platforms. It's very irritating.

julsmh
10-01-15, 02:59 PM
I haven't been given the option to watch a video for gems.

twospoons
10-01-15, 04:36 PM
you have to be on newest version of game and be playing iOS. you may still not get the offer even if you are, it's just available to some, but you definitely won't have the option if you're not.

awesomejujubeans
10-01-15, 05:25 PM
Complaining about free gems? Really? I have all of my appliances going to master recipes for gems. Geez.

poopiepants79
10-01-15, 06:48 PM
i'm receiving 10 gems each day in both restaurant and bakery for watching videos.
must be nice to watch videos. I don't get videos or updates on new version of the games.wth

poopiepants79
10-01-15, 06:50 PM
I haven't been given the option to watch a video for gems.
Same here I don't get anything at all. If I wasn't GEMS I have to buy them. Won't buy ANYTHING from these people

vinella20
10-02-15, 06:17 PM
10 gems for both rs and bs not that everyday tho cause sometimes 1 game will give 3-5 gems, but its okay im happy with that. Tips to others when u see the gem box while opening the game but it disappear especially if ur getting ur income, try closing ur doors first and reload again the game but ur fingers should be quick to tap it. I always put my finger where the gem box is located when opening the game. I hope it helps