PDA

View Full Version : Gems required to complete quest lines: not good.

horstclan
07-02-15, 03:02 PM
Finished making the lemon chess pies and unlocked the next goal:

- Serve 15 peanut pies (on same oven as lemon chess pies)
- Have 1 Pie Table Display (have to purchase with 10 gems)

Since when do these holiday missions require us to spend gems? Disappointed :(

jandtandn
07-02-15, 03:05 PM
Yup. Come join the rest of us: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82732-Bakery-Update-July-1st-2015

horstclan
07-02-15, 03:07 PM
Thanks! Don't know how I missed that!:p

PinkiiPie
07-02-15, 10:06 PM
I definitely agree! Wish we couldnt petition it xD

Navros
07-03-15, 02:14 PM
It's ridiculous when the goals want you to spend gems on something you don't want. JUST DON'T PLAY THE GOAL, whatever idiot on their staff came up with that idea. It wasn't a good one. When I spend gems it's going to be on something that I actually want to spend MY money on.

QTHoneywell
07-03-15, 02:41 PM
I guess S8 went NUTTY!

pieandcream
07-03-15, 04:34 PM
I guess S8 went NUTTY!

also known as going zynga

Cytheran
07-03-15, 06:56 PM
Dear S8,

I know you might not read this, but hey, maybe these feedback forums are actually here for a reason; I'll take a chance. I want you to know that this new thing you're doing is a bad idea.

I've always had a very poor opinion of Zynga and its freemium philosophy, and am wondering now if that corporate mindset is why Bakery Story's current quest line--namely, requiring gems to complete it--is something Zynga's people brought with them to TeamLava/S8. If this is how y'all have decided to go, it's your company and I get that you should run it the way you want, but you'll lose a paying customer because I'm simply not going to put up with it. You might notice I don't play Dragon Story or Pet Shop Story much, and the gem/gold reliance is a big part of why. On my wall on Bakery Story, meanwhile, not one single person is saying they're going to complete this quest line. Many are rattled and confused by the change in direction. As for me, I'm certainly never buying gems again (and I'm thankful I never spent much anyway--your lack of confirmation dialogues for purchases really turns me off and I'm not giving you lot money just so you can steal it back from me with poorly-made dialog boxes and pop-ups), and I'm second-guessing my involvement with every one of your games as a result of your decisions regarding Bakery Story. I liked the graphics enough to deal with the other problems, but now the other problems have impacted my actual game play and that's enough for me.

If this money-grubbing approach works so awesomely that S8 has to follow Zynga's lead in adopting it, then S8 is going to end up where Zynga . But again, your company, your choice. And my time and money, my choice.

Yrs,
Cytheran

It is NOT OKAY to send this user invites.

seachef2
07-04-15, 12:52 AM
Many players have left the game because of being forced to pay gems for doing the goal.
I realise that Team Lava has to make money but I feel charging gems to play a goal is unscrupulous after all this game is supposed to be free to play and many of the people playing are children.

Masterchef1705
07-04-15, 01:33 AM
It's not fair I didn't even have enough gems to play goal and had to ask my parents to buy me some.

izzygran
07-04-15, 09:42 AM
Agree 100%. & my neighbors do also .I only buy gems to purchase things I choose not for a goal .As a level 99 player only thing newis the goals but nobody wants to pay for it ! Please reconsider this terrible new plan of yours !

deekathleen
07-04-15, 10:15 AM
I use to play zygna games, bought their equivalent of gems also. Got tired of the price increases and the quality decreases. Walked away from their games, can do it here too. You might want to question why with cafe world, in 2009 they had 5 million users and by 2012 they were down to 500,000.

mamamichau
07-04-15, 05:52 PM
Not fair, and I for one, do not like it!! We save these gems to get items we want, not what you tell us we must have!! Bad for players=Bad for your business!!!

mamamichau
07-04-15, 05:55 PM
Not fair, and I for one, do not like it!! We save these gems to get items we want, not what you tell us we must have!! Bad for players=Bad for your business!!!

mamamichau
07-04-15, 05:56 PM

ashleywilsonmaples
07-05-15, 05:47 PM
Dear S8,

I know you might not read this, but hey, maybe these feedback forums are actually here for a reason; I'll take a chance. I want you to know that this new thing you're doing is a bad idea.

I've always had a very poor opinion of Zynga and its freemium philosophy, and am wondering now if that corporate mindset is why Bakery Story's current quest line--namely, requiring gems to complete it--is something Zynga's people brought with them to TeamLava/S8. If this is how y'all have decided to go, it's your company and I get that you should run it the way you want, but you'll lose a paying customer because I'm simply not going to put up with it. You might notice I don't play Dragon Story or Pet Shop Story much, and the gem/gold reliance is a big part of why. On my wall on Bakery Story, meanwhile, not one single person is saying they're going to complete this quest line. Many are rattled and confused by the change in direction. As for me, I'm certainly never buying gems again (and I'm thankful I never spent much anyway--your lack of confirmation dialogues for purchases really turns me off and I'm not giving you lot money just so you can steal it back from me with poorly-made dialog boxes and pop-ups), and I'm second-guessing my involvement with every one of your games as a result of your decisions regarding Bakery Story. I liked the graphics enough to deal with the other problems, but now the other problems have impacted my actual game play and that's enough for me.

If this money-grubbing approach works so awesomely that S8 has to follow Zynga's lead in adopting it, then S8 is going to end up where Zynga is heading fast (http://www.thestreet.com/story/13046201/1/zynga-znga-stock-tanking-today-after-weak-guidance.html). But again, your company, your choice. And my time and money, my choice.

Yrs,
Cytheran

It is NOT OKAY to send this user invites.

I couldn't agree more!!!! Storm8ID: ashleywilsonmaples

KimWill
07-06-15, 05:24 AM
Why are we being forced to spend gems to complete goals? On my tablet I don't even get the opportunity to earn free gems!

LalaSmooth
07-06-15, 05:33 AM
I've already emailed storm8 and they said they werent changing the prices of the goals.

Putney90cw
07-06-15, 05:46 AM
I've already emailed storm8 and they said they werent changing the prices of the goals.

It is a bit late to change the prices but is the gems to complete goals going to be the regular way now?

KimWill
07-06-15, 08:08 AM

So they said they were sticking to us only being able to complete these goals if we buy gems?

deekathleen
07-06-15, 08:16 AM

Aren't changing them as in this goal or as in all goals from here on out?

luincristiel
07-06-15, 08:18 AM

A print scrn of their reply would be very helpful :)

LalaSmooth
07-06-15, 08:26 AM
A print scrn of their reply would be very helpful :)

You are not allowed to print screen conversations in forums. It goes against their rules

LalaSmooth
07-06-15, 08:29 AM
You could do it the cheaper way by skipping the items for 15 instead of 34 that's what I've done.

LalaSmooth
07-06-15, 08:35 AM
It is a bit late to change the prices but is the gems to complete goals going to be the regular way now?

They've done this before when they wanted you to purchase the trumpet player which was 12 gems. Quite surprised restaurant story hasn't done this yet

babyxdoll1
07-06-15, 08:40 AM
well this sucks :( thanku lala for the heads up & now we all kno how greedy this company is

bobbyrae
07-06-15, 08:53 AM
They've done this before when they wanted you to purchase the trumpet player which was 12 gems. Quite surprised restaurant story hasn't done this yet

It was done as well with the olympics/world games goal and I think another time when we had to buy a penguin thing to complete a goal. So this is not the first time and probably will not be the last.

Nobody is forcing anybody to spend gems. If you do not want to spend the gems to complete the goal then don't spend the gems. Simple.

greengold7
07-06-15, 03:08 PM
We can wait but I dun think there's gonna be changes

lttri
07-06-15, 04:24 PM
I will be skipping any challenges that force me to use gems. If it continues, and I cannot go further in game, GAME OVER!! :D

sweetypies97
07-06-15, 06:04 PM
Kooky is away on holidays at the moment. She is not ignoring this thread (or any others).

pipipooh1977
07-06-15, 06:07 PM
It was done as well with the olympics/world games goal and I think another time when we had to buy a penguin thing to complete a goal. So this is not the first time and probably will not be the last.

Nobody is forcing anybody to spend gems. If you do not want to spend the gems to complete the goal then don't spend the gems. Simple.

That's right...simple...Storm8 simply doesn't have to make money from angry customers. Players can simply just stop playing. Simple.

cg2free
07-06-15, 08:53 PM
SHAME ON YOU. TEAM LAVA! I have been playing faithfully for 3 years. This is the first time EVER they have charged to complete goals. This is unfair to all of us who dont have the money to purchase diamonds because they are so ridiculously high priced, you get little to nothing for your money, so I refuse to buy them. Lower the prices on your diamonds, give more for your money, maybe more people would purchase diamonds. But still to charge to complete goals is shameful and unfair. If you continue on this path, I shall be forced to quit playing!

cg2free
07-06-15, 08:57 PM
LOL, I quit playing Zynga for the same reason, and I can just as easily quit here too. Can you say SuperCell!

bobbyrae
07-06-15, 09:08 PM
SHAME ON YOU. TEAM LAVA! I have been playing faithfully for 3 years. This is the first time EVER they have charged to complete goals. This is unfair to all of us who dont have the money to purchase diamonds because they are so ridiculously high priced, you get little to nothing for your money, so I refuse to buy them. Lower the prices on your diamonds, give more for your money, maybe more people would purchase diamonds. But still to charge to complete goals is shameful and unfair. If you continue on this path, I shall be forced to quit playing!

This is not the first time. It has been done at least two or maybe three times in the past. If you do not have the money to buy gems then don't buy gems. Simple.

dltbgyd22
07-06-15, 10:54 PM
I agree 100% I have enjoyed playing this game and was contemplating buying gems to expand. It's not enjoyable when you have to purchase gems to complete a goal. It started last month with an oven that required buying with gems.....I will not be giving any 5star reviews

elp2002
07-06-15, 11:22 PM

I know you are popular on the forums and are at times helpful to others and I respect that, but this is a callous statement.

Aren't goals intended for all players? or just gem buyers?

btw -I've bought gems in the past so I'm not against buying gems. I am for Choice on what I spend them on though.

So what about the players that can't afford to buy them? They just don't get to participate in (arguably) the best part of the game. Yeah, ok.

Chrysothemis
07-07-15, 01:29 AM
Seriously. If they want to switch to making goals unable to complete without gems, they should have said so.

People who started working on them just to run into a wall in the middle got screwed. I think that should be the focus, because we deserved a notice, and they bother us with other pop-ups all the time. It should not have been overlooked.

Chrysothemis
07-07-15, 01:33 AM
Also, agreed.

Gem-stealing popups and glitches do not make for something you want to give money to. End of story.

Spending money on a game is totally a choice, but your practices completely discourage it. Not to mention when updates or whatever else cause loss of gifts and requests, and even items. Fix it, or do not, but these are the facts.

luincristiel
07-07-15, 06:20 AM
I know you are popular on the forums and are at times helpful to others and I respect that, but this is a callous statement.

Aren't goals intended for all players? or just gem buyers?

btw -I've bought gems in the past so I'm not against buying gems. I am for Choice on what I spend them on though.

So what about the players that can't afford to buy them? They just don't get to participate in (arguably) the best part of the game. Yeah, ok.

I don't think she is supportive of gem goals - she probably isn't completing the current goal either. She is just spelling out the truth.

luincristiel
07-07-15, 06:23 AM
Seriously. If they want to switch to making goals unable to complete without gems, they should have said so.

People who started working on them just to run into a wall in the middle got screwed. I think that should be the focus, because we deserved a notice, and they bother us with other pop-ups all the time. It should not have been overlooked.

I agree - going forward I imagine quite a number of players would wait till someone is done with the goal before even buying wallpaper and floor tiles.

deekathleen
07-07-15, 06:37 AM
I agree - going forward I imagine quite a number of players would wait till someone is done with the goal before even buying wallpaper and floor tiles.

So very true.

Bakerling
07-07-15, 07:16 AM
We can wait but I dun think there's gonna be changes

i have master all the recipes to bar 4 in all the machines.
there are no more machines for me to cook recipes to earn more gems. What should i do now?
Even the lastest goal:rocket oven and banner oven. I have also completed the recipes to bar 4.

If the next goal still need many gems to complete, then I will be bankrupt soon. As I have no way to get gems to do the goal anymore. no recipes that I can cook to get gems.

After completed the Banner Oven and Rocket Oven Goal and spending many gems on displays, I was rewarded with this floral bouquet for FREE

amerirish
07-07-15, 08:09 AM
I bought the pie table in order to unlock the recipe but am not continuing with the goal to buy tables & chairs for gems. The end prize just isn't worth it to me. It really bugs me to not complete a goal, but I just can't justify spending gems on items that I personally will never place in my bakery.

luincristiel
07-07-15, 08:35 AM
I bought the pie table in order to unlock the recipe but am not continuing with the goal to buy tables & chairs for gems. The end prize just isn't worth it to me. It really bugs me to not complete a goal, but I just can't justify spending gems on items that I personally will never place in my bakery.

Sometimes I wonder in TL will get the wrong message when we say that - will they test whether we will complete a Christmas/ Halloween goal that costs gem because the items may justify the gems we have to spend?

elp2002
07-07-15, 09:07 AM
I don't think she is supportive of gem goals - she probably isn't completing the current goal either. She is just spelling out the truth.

I understand english. I respectfully stated my truth that differed.

But I see you going around making a lot of comments like this on all of these threads. If you're okay with not doing goals then good for you.

I'm not and you don't need to point out that anyone that thinks that way is wrong.

kooky panda
07-07-15, 10:57 AM
Hey guys, let please keep comments to each other nice.
Sorry I was away and just getting back and catching up.

Merging threads together and moving to Feedback forum.

sereniteesmiles
07-07-15, 11:55 AM

Too be fair....they did still allow us to purchase the next ovens. They could have locked them behind the goals, which would have really been awful, but they didn't do that. :) I really can't complain about a free game, that I play for free. I suppose they have to make money to continue paying the people that keep putting out those new goals each holiday. So I miss out on a couple goals....I can still continue baking. :)

deekathleen
07-07-15, 06:10 PM
Too be fair....they did still allow us to purchase the next ovens. They could have locked them behind the goals, which would have really been awful, but they didn't do that. :) I really can't complain about a free game, that I play for free. I suppose they have to make money to continue paying the people that keep putting out those new goals each holiday. So I miss out on a couple goals....I can still continue baking. :)

What next oven did they allow us to buy?

KadeeDid
07-07-15, 07:58 PM
The latest challenge for July 4 is really cruel. I buy gems pretty often for things I want to buy, but I refuse to be forced to buy 2 popcorn buckets for 12 gems each just to finish! I also bought the tables because I happened to have the gems earlier, but now that I have reached that goal it is not acknowledging that I have already bought tables plus 8 chairs ! I refuse to buy more tables!!

Best not to buy tables, chairs, floor tiles, wallpaper, decor until you know what goals require as often purchasing these is part of the goal. If so, previously bought items do not count if it says "buy".they will count if it says "have".

Cytheran
07-07-15, 10:02 PM
I agree 100% I have enjoyed playing this game and was contemplating buying gems to expand. It's not enjoyable when you have to purchase gems to complete a goal. It started last month with an oven that required buying with gems.....I will not be giving any 5star reviews

I should have guessed that's where it was going, when those ovens came out. I suspect now they were a testing of the waters. Chances are the similar ovens on RS didn't sell as well, which is likely why their most recent quest line doesn't require gems for completion. But if they end up going a similar direction... well, I just quit one S8 game, and I'm sure my SO wouldn't mind if I quit another! I regard this style of freemium playing a pay-to-win, not a pay-to-play, and I don't think it's ethical.

giadyl
07-07-15, 10:25 PM
I won't be finishing the goals either. Way to take the fun out of the game! There are plenty of other games out there. Makes you feel like you been had.

kooky panda
07-08-15, 11:29 AM
++ Merged same topic threads together++

deekathleen
07-08-15, 04:08 PM
Next month check the goal thread in the forum first, you will get a heads up then.

deekathleen
07-08-15, 04:09 PM
Also if you haven't gotten to it, you will be required to buy two popcorn buckets at 12 gems each.

fuschia3
07-10-15, 08:21 PM
I will not be forced to use gems to complete a goal. When I buy gems, I do so to expand or to purchase items that I want. If it keeps up, I will be closing shop and I just hit level 99!!

djt50
07-11-15, 07:13 PM
I've been playing BS, RS and FS for 3 years now and sad to see that BS is requiring gems to finish this goal, figure RS will be next. I QUIT both BS and RS last night for that very reason. Guess I will just play FS now, it dosent have goals anymore but at least you can choose how to spend your hard earned gems the way you want!

shinimegami
07-13-15, 05:36 AM
I'm deeply sadden I missed knowing these goals were going to start costing gems to complete :( but my ocd isn't going to allow me to not complete something I've started lol. Fool me once.....never twice. Too bad lovdd these games. I play fashion (barely nothing to do), restaurant, bakery, dragon, castle story. Already dumped farm2 and petshop. And even recently started restaurant 2. I've been using storm8 (teamlava) games for 4yrs now. But I have the feeling like the end of Old Yeller, it may be time to let them all go and move on. I saddens me deeply but I'll admit I'm looking at All new games no longer with storm8 to bring that spark of excitement back into my game playing. Its too bad they have been consistently amazing for yrs but I feel they may be running out of steam and its run it course. :( as a loyal, daily player for yrs this will be like losing a friend but running out of ideas and gems to complete goals is cruel, (like being bitten by a friend). Here's to hoping this is a small hiccup and not the beginning of the end of a beautiful friendship.

ladybugrentals
07-13-15, 06:37 PM
I actually had a weak moment and regrettably used gems to unlock. Would i do it again....probably not
I have never known of gem to be required for goal. Just hoping it is not the beginning of something new.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
07-21-15, 02:48 AM
I just started playing this game and I'm totally addicted, but I refuse to spend hard earned gems on a goal. Especially after reading this! Coins yes, gems, no. So does that mean I might as well sell my Rocket Oven since I'll never unlock the last recipe since I refuse to finish the goal?

geordieprogman
07-21-15, 03:06 AM
I just started playing this game and I'm totally addicted, but I refuse to spend hard earned gems on a goal. Especially after reading this! Coins yes, gems, no. So does that mean I might as well sell my Rocket Oven since I'll never unlock the last recipe since I refuse to finish the goal?

You should never sell any of your ovens. They could be released sometime in the future with all the recipes unlocked. That's happened before with old ovens.

nightshine7
07-25-15, 09:32 AM
So, it looks like Storm8 is arrogant enough to think players will pay for gems to complete goals, ROFL!! Yes, some are dense enough to fall for your trap. That's their problem. I CHOOSE to once in a while buy gems for things I really want. And, that's due to your refusal to fix the pop up stealing gem issue many players have complained about...fallen on deaf ears. But if you think for a minute I'll pay for goal gems, you're truly truly delusional.

Many of my long time neighbors have quit due to this very greedy decision. The sad part is BS and RS are truly brilliant games. I enjoy it due to the ability to decorate. I mean, sitting there tapping things on other games has no appeal to me. And, your updates are horrific...which only ruin other things like the block removal, gifting back same item, etc.

I'm on verge of quitting. I mean why keep collecting parts etc. if I'm not doing a gem required goal? You've gone downhill big time. You need someone with vision working there.

KimWill
07-25-15, 11:06 AM
It's wrong for them to make us use gems for goals and now new ovens. It's bad enough we spend countless gems omega the boxes trying to get something we really want. Over the years that I've been playing I have spent $100's on gems for items I want not what they are trying to force us to buy. If this happens again I'll quit and spend my money on ILP.

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
07-27-15, 10:04 AM
Oops, I realized too late that I could store things and sold it. However, I do have all the parts to rebuild it now that I know how to play the game, so to speak!

trekker1
07-27-15, 11:47 AM
I totally agree. It's so sad. I've loved this game for years and now it's all about the money and not about the decorating fun.even the updates are stupid!

mejuliexxxx
08-03-15, 03:12 AM
WOW!!!!
I stopped playing all storm8 games around April time because of the pop-up mistakes taking gems!
I spent lots of money on castle story and dragon story ... they duped me on castle story and then again on dragon story (lost lots of money) I lost gems to restaurant and I got in touch ... they've had screen grabs of proof of losing gems and yet they did nothing!
I came back to play on bakery and restaurant only to find that one of the goals were now telling you to spend gems ... I had to laugh out loud! WOW! ... just WOW!
This will actually work in players favour ... it'll certainly cure those (like I used to be) that have to get through every goal ... there are a lot of my friends not playing any more and now I know why lmao ... s8/teamlaughter ... shame on you!

nightshine7
08-05-15, 02:54 PM
It's not fair I didn't even have enough gems to play goal and had to ask my parents to buy me some.

I've been playing for over 2 years and am on verge of quitting because of required gems for goals. Many of my long time neighbors have quit already.