PDA

View Full Version : If you could "start all over" what would you do differently this time?

dirigibl
02-12-11, 10:09 AM
We see a bazillion threads asking how to reset the game. That's not what this topic is about.

If you could start all over, what would you do differently?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 11:42 AM
Nothing really. I rather like designing and redesigning. How about u?

Unregistered
02-12-11, 11:43 AM
If I could start over I would avoid accidentally purchasing 10,000 coins with 10 gems twice.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 01:06 PM
I would avoid expanding too fast. Expansion is ok but if you don't have the coinage to keep your walls, floors,decor, and furnature consistent your place will look not so nice.
Do the math first and save up enough.

Not that this will change the outcome any, your restaurant can look like a warehouse and customers will still come at th same rate. Just personal preferrence.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 02:06 PM
If I could start over I would avoid accidentally purchasing 10,000 coins with 10 gems twice.

Me too although I only did it once.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 02:14 PM
I would have been more careful typing in my Restuarant name so I didn't have a typo and have to spend 10 gems to change it

and

I would have chosen a Storm8 ID that is shorter and one that had a space between the two words so my iPad is not always trying to auto correct it. My ID is sweetcelebrations and it keeps changing it to two words.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 02:20 PM
I would spend my gems on decor and valentine tables and chairs but I got a couple my id is starrynight999 so u can check it out

Unregistered
02-12-11, 02:25 PM
I would be careful who I add as neighbors as early on they quit and they stay in the Q and you can't get rid of them.

Unregistered
02-12-11, 02:35 PM
Definitely agree with the gems to coins accident (I actually did it twice). Wish I would have understood the boxes better, but did only purchase once. The biggest change I would have made was not accepting so many neighbors. It got to the point I couldn't keep up with them. I have since stopped, and started deleting neighbors who are no longer playing. I also started a second game on another device (one on itunes, one on android) to see the differences. I have thankfully not spent any gems, and only invited 20 of my original neighbors to participate in that one. I would say I only spend about 30 minutes total in a day playing that one, between cooking and tipping.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 01:42 PM
I would have researched the game a bit on the forums to avoid newbie blunders and ask strategy questions up front. For example, I thought that I could save up to expand several times larger in one go and save exponential numbers of coin, and so I kept my restaurant teeny tiny, made the required number of friends, etc. Of course, it turned out that you can't go from 0 to 60 in one fell swoop--you have to pay for each expansion incrementally. My early days with the game would have been a lot more fun had I known that.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 07:18 PM
Me too although I only did it once.

Same here, did it twice too. And also will try harder to avoid the instant cook button. Did it countless time. SOB.......:(

Unregistered
02-13-11, 09:13 PM
If I could start all over, I wouldn't start. I was playing these apps because I believed their lies about FREE WEEKLY UPDATES and didn't mind investing money into the game, because they would expand and develop gameplay and add new content. I have hung in there as long as I can, but I'm not going to give another penny to TL.

They are bringing a whiole lot of bad juju down on their heads. What goes around, comes around.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 12:39 AM
I would have expanded with coins in the beginning when the amounts needed were smaller and saved my gems for the larger expansions that cost millions.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 11:15 AM
For example, I thought that I could save up to expand several times larger in one go and save exponential numbers of coin, and so I kept my restaurant teeny tiny, made the required number of friends, etc. Of course, it turned out that you can't go from 0 to 60 in one fell swoop--you have to pay for each expansion incrementally. My early days with the game would have been a lot more fun had I known that.

Wait this is relevant to my interests. So you CAN'T skip expansions?

Like I have 500k, 1 mil, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, 2.5 mil expansions available. I cant just save up 2.5 mil and skip the rest?

Unregistered
02-14-11, 10:47 PM
You have to buy the expansions in order, one at a time.

Wait this is relevant to my interests. So you CAN'T skip expansions?

Like I have 500k, 1 mil, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, 2.5 mil expansions available. I cant just save up 2.5 mil and skip the rest?