PDA

View Full Version : Help on level 283

notyboynz
06-30-15, 01:12 PM
Hi there, I've been stuck on this level for ages: I read several tips but no way. I am able to go through the 2 first chains with no problems, then it's impossible for me to pass the third one without popping Poison Bubbles and of course, every time, I run out of bubbles for achieving the last stage. Other thing: on the last stage, I do not understand that hitting the stars, pops also the poison bubbles?? Cheers.

kristanlh
06-30-15, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think you can beat this level without popping at least some of the poison bubbles. Or at least I can't. So the key is to pop as few as possible.

You say you've got the first two sections down, so I'll skip those. Just for reference, I have 58 bubbles when I'm done with them.

In the third section, your first goal is to get to the lightning bolt. To do it, you will have to pop at least one poison bubble, probably two. Work your way up the middle "V" of bubbles toward the light switches. Activate both of them without hitting the snow-capped spiky doom guys in the middle. Clear one side by popping the bubbles just below the lightning bolt. To clear the other side, use a bounce shot off the now-clear side's wall and aim OVER the lightning bubble.

For the final section, your first goal is to get to the only lightning bolts that will not hit poison bubbles. There are two, so just pick a side to pursue. Again, you're going to go up the middle area, carefully clearing out the middle section of bubbles. This can be done without hitting any poison bubbles.

After you hit the lightning bolt and clear the bottom part of the screen, hit each light switch with the bubble of its own color. Do NOT hit the spiky doom bubbles. Clear away the bubbles without un-snow-capping the ones next to them. Now you can hit each of the doom bubbles (one at a time! not in the middle!) to clear the bubbles holding them up. Once they are out of the way, you are free to save the babies at the top!

Hope that makes sense and helps you! This is definitely a tough level. (Took me a couple replays to remember how to do it haha.)

notyboynz
07-01-15, 12:28 AM
Thanks Kristanlh, I already did that but how many bubbles left before to start the final section?

Last question: why the game displays the following challenge? Complete the level 283 without popping poison bubbles. It is impossible. Really weird this level.

kristanlh
07-01-15, 07:18 AM
After opening the first lock: 63 bubbles to play

After opening the second lock: 57 bubbles to play

After opening the third and fourth locks: 33 bubbles to play

After hitting the lightning bolt with no poison bubbles next to it: 24 bubbles to play

And sorry, I forgot that even after you hit that lightning bolt, you have to drop another lightning bolt in the middle out of the way (without popping any poison bubbles). Sometimes if you don't have the right color available, you will have to "waste" bubbles by shooting them somewhere harmless where they won't pop anything, until you get the color you need.

Bubbleizer
07-01-15, 07:45 PM
This challenge is possible. I completed all challenges and while there were a handful that needed to be changed by the game makers, this was not one of them. I do believe I had to use bombs to do it though. It has been about 6 months since I did it but I will try again and let you know.

notyboynz
07-01-15, 11:14 PM
OK Kristanlh, thanks a lot but why when we hit the lightning bolt, that pops the poison bubbles even though they are not close, I mean: for instance, you hit it a the right side, so that drops every thing on a line going from right to left and as there are obviously poison bubbles on the way, I lose -3 bubbles each time. Of course I run out of bubbles to achieve this level. Can you do the final part without hitting poison bubbles?
OK Bubbleizer: yes if you can buy bombs it is much easier but unfortunately I have no enough credit...

kristanlh
07-02-15, 08:47 PM
Sorry, when I said poison bubbles "next to" a lightning bolt, I meant anywhere in the same line across. Doesn't have to be directly next to it.

I'm traveling this weekend for the holiday, and I don't have my iPad with Bubble Mania on it, but when I get home I'll try to screenshot some of the tricky lightning bolt stuff. It should be possible to either go around the lightning bolts without popping them, or else only pop the one that doesn't have poison bubbles in the same row.

kristanlh
07-07-15, 07:16 AM
OK, since you've got the first two sections under control, here's the rest starting from there. Hopefully seeing each step will help...

21461 21462 21463 21464

kristanlh
07-07-15, 07:18 AM
And here's the last section...

21466 21467 21468 21470 21471

Sorry about the one screenshot with the "pop bonus" over it, but I think you can still see where the bubbles are.

notyboynz
07-09-15, 08:34 PM
Hi Kristanlh, sorry to be late in replying but finally I was able to finish this level just after my last message. Actually I understood how to save to pop a poison bubble in the 3rd part then in the final part, the way was to go straight up, no by the sides...Now I am working on level 287 :p

Thank you so much for your help and the time you spent for that.

kristanlh
07-10-15, 05:50 AM
No worries, glad you figured it out!

Generally speaking, "go straight up" is my first/default strategy for all levels. It works more often than you'd think, haha. It also just helps you get a baseline for how the level works, and then you can adjust if you need to. (Like, "Oh yeah, going straight up is NOT going to work for this level. Better try the sides now.")