PDA

View Full Version : Win 100 gems on butterfly collection?

PalaceDiner1
06-30-15, 10:46 AM
I am just wondering if anyone has ever won the 100 gems? I haven't won anymore than 1 or 2. Thanks!

orleansparish
06-30-15, 11:52 AM
I haven't and have turned in numerous collections. I did win 10 salmon which couldn't have come at a better time. I was happy about that one. Otherwise it's lame how they don't give more gems out, more often.

Annica5
06-30-15, 12:02 PM
I have! Once, in 2 years of playing, just as an event was starting :) Still remember it fondly.

eucom
06-30-15, 01:16 PM
I won them as well. It was the second day after I started the birthday event. Boy I was surprised!

PookieBear50
06-30-15, 01:31 PM
I managed it once, just a few weeks after TL introduced the moles. It caught me by surprise, since I had only been hoping to finally get another collection (there was this one butterfly that just wasn't showing up, so I had the potential for like 10 collections but was just waiting and waiting).

JustKay
06-30-15, 07:46 PM
The 100 gems prize is probably a 1% chance. I've never got it. Only one gem every time and even lame coin prizes sometimes. How can they give you coins after all the effort to collect the butterflies!?! So disappointed when I got that.

syncler78
07-01-15, 08:54 AM
I once got 30 gems from it. At least, after a bunch of tapping around one day and one completed butterfly collection my gem count jumped from the 60s to the 90s. And I know I didn't buy any gems. I tap around too fast to see how much I'm getting, I just see what sort of thing I'm getting.

nadavolf
07-01-15, 12:09 PM
The 100 gems prize is probably a 1% chance. I've never got it. Only one gem every time and even lame coin prizes sometimes. How can they give you coins after all the effort to collect the butterflies!?! So disappointed when I got that.

What effort? Seeing them pop up and touching them? Wow.
TL gives you gems, which is their main source of real money income, for free, just for entering the game. They don't have to do that, it's a gesture of goodwill on their part. So I'd be greatful and keep collecting my butterflies instead of coming here to complain about something that is given to us for free.

JustKay
07-01-15, 05:17 PM
What effort? Seeing them pop up and touching them? Wow.
TL gives you gems, which is their main source of real money income, for free, just for entering the game. They don't have to do that, it's a gesture of goodwill on their part. So I'd be greatful and keep collecting my butterflies instead of coming here to complain about something that is given to us for free.

I do go hunting for butterflies because often I have 10+ of one type of butterfly and zero of that one rare type I need to finish a collection. The collection box also says you can trade in butterfly collections for up to 100 gems, it doesn't mention anything about getting coins... and it wasn't even a lot of coins.

I mention it because I'd like them to consider changing it if other people also feel the same way. As if they could make the feature any worse. Zero downside risk and potential for upside. Why the heck not? :)

crystiesc
07-01-15, 06:58 PM
I get coins every time. I only seem to get gems from the train. :)

CottageRose
07-01-15, 07:15 PM
I got the 100 gems once. Was completely knocked over! :)

Rynetory2
07-01-15, 10:12 PM
I do go hunting for butterflies because often I have 10+ of one type of butterfly and zero of that one rare type I need to finish a collection. The collection box also says you can trade in butterfly collections for up to 100 gems, it doesn't mention anything about getting coins... and it wasn't even a lot of coins.

I mention it because I'd like them to consider changing it if other people also feel the same way. As if they could make the feature any worse. Zero downside risk and potential for upside. Why the heck not? :)

You can't hunt for butterflies like truffle hunt. You just click on it whenever it appears. Actually it does says in the picture that you get either coins and gems. 21295 A picture speaks a thousand words.

It's a luck thing, sometimes you hit jackpot and sometimes don't. There's no guarantee of winning gems. I am happy with whatever it gives, coins or one or two gems. I agree with nadavolf, appreciate S8's generosity in giving us some gems.

Rynetory2
07-01-15, 10:15 PM
I won 100 gems once, unforgettable moment. Thanks S8. :) used it for show pony.

JustKay
07-02-15, 12:17 AM
You can't hunt for butterflies like truffle hunt. You just click on it whenever it appears. Actually it does says in the picture that you get either coins and gems. 21295 A picture speaks a thousand words.

It's not like i'm THAT upset. Not sure why people are dead set on consoling me... When I said "hunt" I meant the English definition of hunt, like looking behind buildings or under uncleared shrubbery. sorry if that wasn't clear... :p

I can't see your attachment, since it takes me to a page that says "invalid attachment". Checking now in my game, the text for me says "Turn in to win up to 100 gems!". Clicking on the faded question mark in the bottom corner brings up a different picture that just mentions "Earn rewards" since it applies to all collections. I do notice now that the little picture to the side of the text has some coins against the yellow backdrops just behind all the diamonds, but that's pretty vague on whether you get gems AND coins or gems OR coins (if that makes sense :p). It only gives you 100 coins which I think is less than you get for collecting a complete set of butterflies... but yes we are at the mercy of the generosity of the S8 gods.

Rynetory2
07-02-15, 01:02 AM
It's not like i'm THAT upset. Not sure why people are dead set on consoling me... When I said "hunt" I meant the English definition of hunt, like looking behind buildings or under uncleared shrubbery. sorry if that wasn't clear... :p

I can't see your attachment, since it takes me to a page that says "invalid attachment". Checking now in my game, the text for me says "Turn in to win up to 100 gems!". Clicking on the faded question mark in the bottom corner brings up a different picture that just mentions "Earn rewards" since it applies to all collections. I do notice now that the little picture to the side of the text has some coins against the yellow backdrops just behind all the diamonds, but that's pretty vague on whether you get gems AND coins or gems OR coins (if that makes sense :p). It only gives you 100 coins which I think is less than you get for collecting a complete set of butterflies... but yes we are at the mercy of the generosity of the S8 gods.

Not dead set on consoling you, just having a conversation lol. The forum doesn't allow upload of pic recently. But yes, the pic on the left of "Turn in to win up to 100 gems", showing coins and gems. Good luck to you. :)

Splashy81
07-04-15, 09:09 PM
That's good to hear so many have actually won the 100 gems! I never have and I've always wondered if it was a scam! I did win 10 salmon once, my first collection from the moles actually... that was nice!

wiggle1962
07-06-15, 06:46 AM
I've never had the 100 gems but had 10 salmon twice which was good.
I'm a bit disappointed with the mole collection for the last 8-9 collections I have turned in I have only received a saw!! I know it's supposed to be a random item but doesn't feel very random to me!! Come on TL please play the game :-)

Sandybellee
07-09-15, 03:10 AM
Good to hear that it's a real possibility to get 100 gems. I usually just get coins from this and the mole collection and from my pets. The game simply refuses to give me tools, especially shovels. So I'm pretty much stuck.