PDA

View Full Version : My biggest struggle in the game

sweetdeda
06-30-15, 04:00 AM
I've reached the point in the game where coins aren't an issue, I still have room to expand so expansions aren't a problem for me right now. Where I struggle is food. I visit neighbors that have all their animals at epic level and I wonder how they do it. Most of my animals tend to linger around levels 7-9. I have tons of duplicates, the I don't have any intentions to take to epic because eventually I know I will be ditching them. But for animals like my Treent, he's level 14 and 30,000 apples just seems so far. I have been working on my unicorn for a week now just to get him at level 14, one more feeding and he will be there. But in that week I've breed new animals that I didn't want just sitting at level 1. If I'm on the game playing I usually plant 3 minute food, before work and bed 8 hour, if I know I can check back on my game in a bit I do 1 hour. Any suggestions? Why can't I seem to get a bank of food built up so I can level my animals. Help!

chippychan
06-30-15, 04:32 AM
If coins are not an issue for you I would suggest trying to plant the most expensive 5 hour crop (Nexus Nuts) instead of the 8 hour. Even if you can't check the game for 8 hours the 75k 5 hour crop will give you more than double the food than the 8 hour crop will give you (800 food as opposed to the 325 food).

The very expensive 1 hour crop is also good if you're checking the game often (like during tournaments) because they give almost as much as the 8 hour crop does (300 food).

I try to always plant these most expensive crops and I still have millions of coins and over 60k food saved up right now. :)

ninasidstorm8
06-30-15, 07:39 AM
I agree with chippychan on the food, however, when you first start planting the expensive food I suggest that you take the following strategy to ensure that you have reached the point where coins are no longer an issue. Start with two or three farms planting the expensive food and record your coin level once a day. If your coin level decreases, then back off the expensive food on one farm until you have a surplus of coins per day again. If you have a surplus, add another farm. This will give you the ideal number of farms you can plant expensive crops. Over time, you can increase the number.

Once I reached the point of planting expensive crops, I gave up planting the 3 minute crops. Too much work and too many chances to accidently spend a gem by going too fast. But if its something you like to do, it is a very efficient way to produce food, you just don't get that much of it.

I see that you have added a number of new animals recently. Lots of new animals can consume a lot of food. You can build up a supply during slow breeding periods.

ogreve
06-30-15, 12:15 PM
My strategy is the following:

First the easy part:
-See to it that ALL of your animals (including duplicates) are ASAP at level 7 or higher. Most of the time, the evolution steps are the bottleneck. Level up the rarest animals first ones and then proceed in order of decrementing rarity.
-Next, get ALL non-duplicate animals to level 10.

O.k., the above two steps are the easy ones. Now comes the hard part:
-Carefully single out some 5 or 6 of your rarest animals that are going to form your core fighter group (see other tournament posts of mine for more info). Level those up to epic level, so you have good fighters in the tournaments. Yes, this WILL be a tedious and expensive process, but it's worth it. Now, you ask, "how do I achieve this?". Well, see the next steps..
-Check how many coins you make in exactly 1 hour. I'm currently "only" around some 60,000 coins per hour, but I'm doing my best to gradually push that up. Your hourly amount of coins determines which fruits you can buy, without going bankrupt in a blink. The minimum "hourly earning rate" that I want to achieve is 156,000, which is 6 times 26,000, which is the cost of the charm cherries, which effectively are the most expensive ones when planting them all day long (and Nexus fruits overnight).
-OK, suppose you are in the luxurious position of having a 156,000+ hourly earning rate and you can't have the game open and pay attention to it all day long: try to plant charm cherries on ALL of your farms, every waking hour of the day. That should give you 1800 food per hour and rapidly builds up your food stack, without having to pay too much attention to the game.
-Now.. if you're NOT in the position to plant such exotic fruits all day long, and/or you can figure out a way to have your game open for a substantial amount of the day, the key word is "Power Pears". That's the way I raised my A-team of fighters in some 2 weeks time or so. I hooked up the iPhone to the computer (as a power supply), let the game be open (setting the screensaver to some time longer than 5 minutes or so) for as much time as you can and position it next to your computer such that you see the display without being too disruptive. Then, as soon as you see the apples appear, harvest and repeat. this is TEDIOUS and can be distracting so only do this if it doesn't really interfere with work. I managed to do this for a good bit of the day for some 2 weeks and did the same in the evenings. It's intense, but it does give you a theoretical maximum amount of 2400 food per hour and comes at very low cost.
-My strategy for leveling up to levels of 11 and higher is to focus on a single animal and see to it that it's leveled up ALL the way before you proceed to others (new low-level animals excluded). The Treent is a terrible one as it takes a humongous amount of food that it gets very discouraging to build up the entire amount required for pushing it up one level. I deal with it by not waiting with feeding until I have ALL of the food for an entire level up, but just feed it when I have enough food for a feeding. That way it doesn't "feel" like it requires so much, making the threshold for "granting" it so much food lower.
-When something is evolving, use the slack time for building up a food reserve for when the animal gets out of the flower, so the next level up(s) come quicker.

That's what I've been doing and still am doing though I'm not in a rush anymore as I have my A-team of fighters all at epic level. I intend to do the same to the newly released Patriotter though, as it's fire-water (!) which is a VERY useful asset to my A-team! But... I first need to win it of course. :P

As two final obvious ways that SOME could have done it:
1-Having played the game for close to a year now, giving a lot of time for the leveling up process. :P
2-Spending gems. That's costly though. I don't do it that way.

Just some 2 hours ago I got my Charger into the flower to evolve to epic level because I think it's a beautiful animal. It's nice to level up animals that way. I may now decide to start building up heaps of food for the Patriotter. :P

Good luck with your efforts!
Olafo

RorJam
06-30-15, 12:42 PM
I get everything to lvl 7. And I picked Dark and lightning super rares first to get up to 10-15 they make the most gold. Although for fighting I love fire/Nature, nature/Earth, earth/fire( I have a skeletal for super but honestly I use armordilo and rampage the most until the opposition gets past lvl 10.) the rest of my fighting force non ultra are dark, lightning. For water I use pysena, or sea drake. earth I use mainly grassquatch or ancient sloth, Pygmy giraffe or terradactyl. So basically I do have water and the other elements built up but when I started and gold was an issue I would do the 20 hour fruit and cough up 78k a day but now I do 5 hour for 450k 2 or 3 times a day depending on if I take my device to work lol. I like the 5 hour fruit because it's 4800 per time which is 1 feeding at level 14. so it's up to you really how you want to level up your fighters or when. And how far you level up a rare of common. Depending on the element or rarity you'd be better off leveling up a super rare another level compared to getting a plantlers to level 10 lol. I got all my common breeders to 15 first because it's fast and really fast evolution times. Then went down the list of fighters because most of them are super rares anyways and then went down the list of darks and then lightning and so on.

luna2cute
06-30-15, 02:10 PM
Ogreve, that sounds awesome!

I always plant nexus nuts (unless collecting for a community event) and save for a few days and focus on the most rare one I like the best. Then I get them to 10. Then the super great ones will get to 15 but everyone that's not super rare or higher I've left at 10 unless I like it like a dog or horse combo. Etc. :)

sweetdeda
06-30-15, 02:57 PM
Wow great info everyone, thanks so much. I guess my first step is going to have to be upgrading my farms, right now all 6 are just big. Of course that means rearranging habitats. And then figuring out my coins so I don't go broke. Lol. I do have a list of animals I tend to use for battle that I would like to get to epic. Blizzard, tornado, unicorn, Treent, bulldog, I think they are all around level 11-13 right now. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again!

fahrensland
06-30-15, 06:39 PM
You might want to consider leaving any of the stock rares at level 1, even if they're a new addition to your family (i.e., peamoth, ember bear, etc....ones you know aren't going away). This is to take into account the chance of a future 1 week limited breeding event like we have had for the pigmy/kitsune.

I usually just level my ultras/super rares/limited creatures to the max, but I do have a lot of my regular rares sitting at level 10. I'm starting to delete rares sitting at level 10 to replace them with level 1 duplicates that I breed just in case they do another breeding quest. I'd much rather pay 25 gems to skip the breeding portion than be forced to consider buying a whole new animal if I have crummy breeding luck.

The option to keep these regular rares at level 1 will also save you resources, thereby allowing you to focus your limited food on more "special" creatures.

sweetdeda
07-12-15, 05:54 AM
Since posting this I have really concentrated on harvesting food. Even with having game issues I have been able to bank 130,000+ food! with only planting 3 minute, 1 hour and 8 hour food. I have only feed new animals to level 7, leaving my other animals begging to be fed. :D. I haven't been able to upgrade my farms yet do to space. I did estimate my hourly coin earning at over 100,000 per hour. My plan now is to get Treent and my one unicorn, both currently at lvl 14, to epic. Then to work on a few of my frequent fighters to epic. After that I want to to get all my animals currently hanging out at level 7 to at least level 10. Then to pick a few to raise to epic. Wish me luck!