View Full Version : Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jandtandn
06-30-15, 03:34 AM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/2015-06-30%2022.52.41_zpstnmppu5a.png (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/JasEllaOx/media/2015-06-30%2022.52.41_zpstnmppu5a.png.html)

What are you hoping to see in the preview today? Lots of new ovens lately!

DragonWished
06-30-15, 09:05 AM
I would like to see an update themed for the July 4th holiday coming up.

LadyEna
06-30-15, 09:32 AM
Not sure really.

More Summer items:

A few more cold drink recipes, so new appliance or add ons in drink machine.
Fans to keep cool.
Spiked watermelon. Carved fruit displays
Picnic tables

That's a few. Can't think of anything else right now.

myferngardens
06-30-15, 09:56 AM
Totally hoping for a BIG red white blue update.

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure if it's goal update but I want summer items!! There is hardly ANY in the decorations tab

MaryPT
06-30-15, 12:09 PM
I have one idea, why don't build something diferent maybe rock music itens, classic music, travel itens for example.

twospoons
06-30-15, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't say I want it, but I'm definitely betting it will be stars & ******s (or other patriotic decor). Nothing against it, I just already had enough for my future independence day bakery.

They should release another recipe though, we have july 4th cupcakes and trifle (on tea time oven), where's the big sheet cake with the strawberries for ******s and the blueberries for the star field? or a drink maker that makes one drink in each color!

CassieJo84
06-30-15, 02:54 PM
Preview is up! I don't know how to post a pic, sorry. Could it be goal?!

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 02:55 PM
Update is here

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 02:57 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/2015-06-30%2022.52.41_zpstnmppu5a.png (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/JasEllaOx/media/2015-06-30%2022.52.41_zpstnmppu5a.png.html)

teammaggie
06-30-15, 03:03 PM
Possibly a goal. Looks like 2 appliances. :)

GGGStar
06-30-15, 03:06 PM
I wonder if this is a goal? I'm pretty sure there are two different ovens there so I think it might be!

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 03:08 PM
I wonder if this is a goal? I'm pretty sure there are two different ovens there so I think it might be!

Yes if you are seeing two appliances then it's a goal update

twospoons
06-30-15, 03:14 PM
well, i would have preferred a more general summer theme for the goal next week and a one-week 4th of july thing this week, but there's some nice stuff here, even if i'll only ever put it out at this time of year. and memorial day, i guess. i think i like the shelves best, followed by the bakers at the table.

i just finished last month's goals yesterday. i'll have to move faster if i don't want to be all holiday-ish for the entire month.

Natasha_07
06-30-15, 03:27 PM
The big kitchen display with the 2 chefs is nice.

I don't think this is goals just a regular update. 4th of July is a few days away, so it won't be worth the time and effort for goals.

mergirl96
06-30-15, 03:35 PM
Personally I'd prefer if this wasn't a goal. Hopefully those ovens are for coins. Some of the displays are really cute, but I dislike the table and chairs.

Bakerling
06-30-15, 04:07 PM

deekathleen
06-30-15, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't see much sense in having a fourth of July goal now.

sally_brown
06-30-15, 04:17 PM
I would prefer that it not be a goal, also. I think it's a little silly to do an Independence Day monthly goal when the holiday is on the 4th, and then for the rest of the month (or part of the rest of the month), you're celebrating a holiday that was over weeks ago. (For those of us who get our jollies completing the goals in the shortest amount of time possible.) I think holiday-themed goals only make sense if the holiday is toward the end of the month, like Thanksgiving or Christmas, or even in the middle of the month like St. Patrick's Day. For holidays at the beginning of the month, they should be released the previous month, like if a New Year's theme is given at the beginning of December.

PepperWoo
06-30-15, 04:26 PM
All the telltale signs point to this update being a goal so... let's just wait and see. :)

aiyoosha
06-30-15, 04:28 PM
how can people complain that its too soon? wth 4th of july is saturday for petes sake of course its a perfect time to release this decor. its right before the 4th and i bet you if they didnt release any 4th stuff then people would be complaining oh why oh didnt they give us 4th stuff this week*rolleyes*

twospoons
06-30-15, 04:45 PM
those of us who are commenting that it's late mean that it's late to be a GOAL (if in fact it is), which means that much of this decor won't be available until we've gotten past the various steps, which for many players won't happen until after the 4th, possibly weeks after. if it's just straight decor that's immediately purchasable, then yes, i would think it perfectly timed.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 04:58 PM
those of us who are commenting that it's late mean that it's late to be a GOAL (if in fact it is), which means that much of this decor won't be available until we've gotten past the various steps, which for many players won't happen until after the 4th, possibly weeks after. if it's just straight decor that's immediately purchasable, then yes, i would think it perfectly timed.

What she said.... :cool:

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 05:10 PM
I do think it's a goal because there was 24 days to complete the hot air balloon ones which is 3 weeks and last week was a box update so yeah it's a goal update because in a normal update, they wouldn't give us two appliances. I am not even American and I do love this update

aiyoosha
06-30-15, 05:53 PM

so you guys are basically complaining that you want a 4th of july update in june. well if it is goals "if" then what do u guys expect? a goal last week? then people would complain theres too many goals in one month. or are you saying you wanted this update to be when the balloon goal was out? if so then thats done and over with and nothing anyone says will change that. so it just seems like to me people will complain no matter what s8 does

i think its the perfect time for this update as it is at least couple of days before the 4th.

sgoetzinger99
06-30-15, 06:11 PM
'
so you guys are basically complaining that you want a 4th of july update in june. well if it is goals "if" then what do u guys expect? a goal last week? then people would complain theres too many goals in one month. or are you saying you wanted this update to be when the balloon goal was out? if so then thats done and over with and nothing anyone says will change that. so it just seems like to me people will complain no matter what s8 does

i think its the perfect time for this update as it is at least couple of days before the 4th.

She's so right! If you don't want the goal, don't do it! If you do, because you complain of not having new ovens/recipes, then do it and store the decor on July 5! This constant complaining is ridiculous!

sweetiepb
06-30-15, 06:20 PM
Please add a purchase confirmation button for use when making a purchase using gems. It is entirely too easy to touch the wrong place on your screen and "buy" something you neither want nor need.

Bakerling
06-30-15, 06:24 PM
'

She's so right! If you don't want the goal, don't do it! If you do, because you complain of not having new ovens/recipes, then do it and store the decor on July 5! This constant complaining is ridiculous!

Yah, I like the goal to come quickly because I HAVE MASTER ALL THE RECIPES IN ALL MACHINES. NOW LEFT ONLY 1 recipe to master to Bar 4.

srg70
06-30-15, 06:28 PM
Is it a goal? I only see one oven.

I hope it is!

myferngardens
06-30-15, 06:50 PM
Happy happy happy! I can't wait for tomorrow. My whole bakery is patriotic most of the time so lots of this stuff is going to get year round display in my place.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 06:52 PM
'

Commenting that if it is a goal (and we don't even know for absolute it is)is not great timing, is not complaining, it is just an opinion.

pipipooh1977
06-30-15, 07:13 PM
I'm passing on this one...

orleansparish
06-30-15, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't say I want it, but I'm definitely betting it will be stars & ******s (or other patriotic decor). Nothing against it, I just already had enough for my future independence day bakery.

They should release another recipe though, we have july 4th cupcakes and trifle (on tea time oven), where's the big sheet cake with the strawberries for ******s and the blueberries for the star field? or a drink maker that makes one drink in each color!

It would be so amazing to have a sheet cake with the strawberries and blueberries! That's something I'd cook to keep on the counters for a long time. I'm not hugely patriotic with needing flags everywhere but I just love the burst of color from the red, white and blue, the fireworks and the general happiness this time brings. And the decor looks super cute.

orleansparish
06-30-15, 09:05 PM
Happy happy happy! I can't wait for tomorrow. My whole bakery is patriotic most of the time so lots of this stuff is going to get year round display in my place.

This is why I don't get the complaints. Someone on RS annoyed me so much and I never get irritated like that. Saying the items alienates players not American. So what?! It's an American company. I visit tons of shops and I see from fashion, mainly bakery and restaurant how people keep American themed items out all year long. They have their tables in the Stars and ******s. They have walls covered in the flag we got before. They keep the items I actually think are hideous from the patriotic box out all year long. Players like that, who are in droves and would happily spend real money to purchase stuff simply because if has the flag would be happy with these items. Whatever time they came out. No matter if they are goals and they won't win the stuff until after the 4th.

If they're goals, just do them and we have stuff to use for next year. Had to do that with Xmas last year.

strictly_STRANGE
06-30-15, 09:13 PM
I definitely think that it's a goal, especially considering the shorter amount of time to complete the last goal.

I'm always down for a new goal because I've never skipped one in the past, they actually make the game fun, plus getting limited content that can only be acquired by completing the goal(s) is pretty cool IMO.

so there's my two cents. ;)

zaaracake
06-30-15, 09:37 PM
It's really sweet, I think. And just in time too, good on ya, TL!

zaaracake
06-30-15, 09:37 PM
Yep...I agree.

I definitely think that it's a goal, especially considering the shorter amount of time to complete the last goal.

I'm always down for a new goal because I've never skipped one in the past, they actually make the game fun, plus getting limited content that can only be acquired by completing the goal(s) is pretty cool IMO.

so there's my two cents. ;)

oo56
06-30-15, 09:56 PM
These goals look pretty good except for the mention of Apple Pie because we already have that recipe in the Basic Oven!:eek:

butterquest
06-30-15, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, is it a goal or just a regular update? Looks like 2 new appliances ... Let's just wait and see:)

LalaSmooth
06-30-15, 11:27 PM
'

I agree! I mean you don't have to put the decorations in your bakery. I hated the last set of goals but wanted the recipes. Why do people complain each month when a new goal comes out?

GGGStar
07-01-15, 01:31 AM
This is going to sound strange but every time I look at the popcorn bucket in the front of the screen it looks like there's a hand reaching out the back of it towards the guy in the chair! It's actually just a scoop but it's tricked me a few times lol!!

MaryPT
07-01-15, 06:37 AM
One question i see the picture of update, we have 4 new ovens to build? omg is paradise i love build new ovens *-*

deekathleen
07-01-15, 06:40 AM
This is going to sound strange but every time I look at the popcorn bucket in the front of the screen it looks like there's a hand reaching out the back of it towards the guy in the chair! It's actually just a scoop but it's tricked me a few times lol!!

I went and looked and it does,lol

siiindy
07-01-15, 06:45 AM
Please add a purchase confirmation button for use when making a purchase using gems. It is entirely too easy to touch the wrong place on your screen and "buy" something you neither want nor need.

Yes! This has nothing to do with this week's update, but I saw this and I just had to second this. Who knows how many gems I've lost just by accidentally buying stuff I didn't even want! Same goes with those annoying pop ups about completing goals. I've been playing this game for 4+ years and I've always finished every goal! I don't know why they keep pooping up when I've already done all of them! TL, please do something about this ~.~

xxxe
07-01-15, 06:52 AM
Yes! This has nothing to do with this week's update, but I saw this and I just had to second this. Who knows how many gems I've lost just by accidentally buying stuff I didn't even want! Same goes with those annoying pop ups about completing goals. I've been playing this game for 4+ years and I've always finished every goal! I don't know why they keep pooping up when I've already done all of them! TL, please do something about this ~.~

Sadly people have been asking for a confirmation button on gem purchases for along time. I don't think they will ever change it. I'm very careful but at least once every few months I accidently buy something. Usually when a new box comes out because they give you the pop up right when you enter the game. I try to not check first thing in the morning after a new box comes out because that's when I'm more likely to click on it. I bought last weeks box on accident that way. Two years ago I spent 70 something gems finishing up all my food. It was during Halloween 2 years ago and I ended up not completing the goals because I was so upset. I stopped playing for 2 weeks but my addiction was too strong lol. Not everything can be perfect and if that's the only downside to these games I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

ojapple96
07-01-15, 07:01 AM
One question i see the picture of update, we have 4 new ovens to build? omg is paradise i love build new ovens *-*

I only see 2 new ovens but who knows what is and is not an oven in this picture LOL! Guess we have to wait 4 more hours by my count to find out!

awesomejujubeans
07-01-15, 08:24 AM
I think of it as Americana decor, not just 4th of July. I used to decorate my real life kitchen with a country American theme. Plus, who doesn't like pie?

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 09:15 AM
I only see 2 new ovens but who knows what is and is not an oven in this picture LOL! Guess we have to wait 4 more hours by my count to find out!

I think she meant the Rainbow appliance also that came out 2 weeks ago

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 11:05 AM
let the goal begin! :rolleyes:

deekathleen
07-01-15, 11:11 AM
anyone else seeing the first two gifts as "rocket oven" & "banner oven"

obviously they are the oven names, but surely we do not gift them!

I was just going to say that's.....but cool if that is the case.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 11:14 AM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/Screenshot_2015-07-01-19-11-53_zps5fkidxwv.png (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/JasEllaOx/media/Screenshot_2015-07-01-19-11-53_zps5fkidxwv.png.html) I think that's an error

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 11:21 AM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/Screenshot_2015-07-01-19-18-51_zpsc17dalmo.png (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/JasEllaOx/media/Screenshot_2015-07-01-19-18-51_zpsc17dalmo.png.html) that's what is needed

deekathleen
07-01-15, 11:23 AM
I accepted one and there is nothing there......confusion

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 11:23 AM
I logged onto my other account & accepted a banner oven just for the fun of it & when I went to my gifts it showed up as oven light so there's something strange going on at the moment.

orleansparish
07-01-15, 11:24 AM
Just accepted Rocket Oven and went to "use it" and nothing. It doesn't show up in my gifts. So be careful about accepting as it may take a gift spot and give you nothing.

If you are gifted the oven you can use them without needing all the stupid parts it requires. I got two and they're ready to go. The ones I bought need parts. This is so cool! I sent one to all my neighbors. I hope they aren't silly pods to send me parts instead of an oven too.

This reminds me of the restaurant Olympics season. We were able to send neighbors ice cream makers. Naturally those dweebs sent parts. By time they removed if I only got 6 of them not needing to be built. I hope they don't take this option away from us. I'll sit for a week and just accept ovens instead of dealing with the hassle of asking for 16 parts a day.

oo56
07-01-15, 11:26 AM
Goal 1 - A Baking Competition!

Buy 6 Fireworks Wallpapers - $8,500 each = $51,000 total

Buy 12 Lattice Pie Floor Tiles - $6,000 each = $72,000 total

Reward - ?

Goal 2 - Round of Chess

Serve 10 Lemon Chess Pies - Cost $960 & Income $1,500 = Profit $540/ 375 Servings/ 1 Hour/ + 24 XP

Buy 1 Patriot Pallet - $4,200 each

Reward - ?

Goal 3 - Get Nutty!

Serve 15 Peanut Pies - Cost $1,660 & Income $2,700 = Profit $1,040/ 675 Servings/ 3 Hours/ + 49 XP

Have 1 Pie Table Display - Cost 10 GEMS

Extra Stuff -

Rocket Oven - $20,000 each/ Recipes are Lemon Chess Pie, Peanut Pie, & Banana Pie

Rocket Counter - $3,400 each

Popcorn Bucket - 12 gems each

Banner Table - 2 gems each

July Chair - $4,500 each

dianeupside
The ovens are available to purchase. I'd rather gift and receive the parts needed to build. Please correct this SOON!

Okay gifting the ovens already put together is kinda cool.

LalaSmooth
If you are gifted the oven you can use them without needing all the stupid parts it requires. I got two and they're ready to go. The ones I bought need parts. This is so cool! I sent one to all my neighbors. I hope they aren't silly pods to send me parts instead of an oven too.

This reminds me of the restaurant Olympics season. We were able to send neighbors ice cream makers. Naturally those dweebs sent parts. By time they removed if I only got 6 of them not needing to be built. I hope they don't take this option away from us. I'll sit for a week and just accept ovens instead of dealing with the hassle of asking for 16 parts a day.

You do know they will remove the ovens from gifts and replace it with the parts instead?

oo56
07-01-15, 11:27 AM
Can send Rocket and Banner Oven as gifts??????

orleansparish
07-01-15, 11:27 AM
There is also a new bundle available on here and RS. This brings to mind other games where you can get gems, a display and something else. They are definitely utilizing new options that I see in other games. I'm torn on whether I like it or not. Sometimes change is good. But considering the new people working with storm8, this may take things in a drastic direction. The price seemss a bit much for the gems we get and display.

In other games I can get more for a lower price.

orleansparish
07-01-15, 11:30 AM
You do know they will remove the ovens from gifts and replace it with the parts instead?

Probably not. They corrected the problem before and let us keep what we had. Could be an addicent. Could be purposeful. Unfortunely with these people one never knows what's going on with them. What I do know is we will be figuring it out ourselves because they sure as heck won't have anyone here answering questions. In the meantime I still await more ovens and I'm still going to gift them.

deekathleen
07-01-15, 11:31 AM
Is that value pack only on ios?

orleansparish
07-01-15, 11:51 AM
There's something fishy about this update, but I do like that the ovens can be gifted instead of spending dough and time for parts to build them.

Also someone mentioned a bundle, but I can't find a pic in the thread of what's inside.

Hello! I posted a pic. It's a display with Loretta and Pierre. The one on RS has Natasha. Or at least I think that's her name.

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 11:55 AM
Hello! I posted a pic. It's a display with Loretta and Pierre. The one on RS has Natasha. Or at least I think that's her name.

Thanks, saw it now. Restaurant chef is Phoebe. :)

orleansparish
07-01-15, 11:59 AM
Thanks, saw it now. Restaurant chef is Phoebe. :)

Ahhh, that's her name! Did you get your oven? I'm messing around with my iPad, phone and iPod trying to send it to everyone. This is awesome! I have 6 so far. But folks are still asking for parts. I'm going to them and reminding them to ask for ovens and not worrying about only being able to build two per day. If they're lucky.

Sb1957
07-01-15, 12:07 PM
I mean, it's obviously a glitch, the only question is what will happen when they finally get around to fixing it.

if it wasn't a glitch the the same thing would've happened on RS, you would think so anyways.

Maybe they are gifting us ovens because to get tables we have to spend 2 gems each! Did you noticed that?

rosym47
07-01-15, 12:08 PM
Yet another glitch, and all of the problems from last week aren't fixed so far. I'm running out of patience with this game.

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 12:10 PM
Ahhh, that's her name! Did you get your oven? I'm messing around with my iPad, phone and iPod trying to send it to everyone. This is awesome! I have 6 so far. But folks are still asking for parts. I'm going to them and reminding them to ask for ovens and not worrying about only being able to build two per day. If they're lucky.

Yep! I gifted all my neighbors immediately after getting the goals too (as usual). It's nice I don't have to wait to get them cooking, I hope this 'glitch' stays! :)

chaben7
07-01-15, 12:12 PM
I had the rocket oven, bought one, requested parts, now its blanked out so unable to get any more, how can you cook the food without the ovens?

ravenousdreams
07-01-15, 12:14 PM
Maybe they are gifting us ovens because to get tables we have to spend 2 gems each! Did you noticed that?

After seeing your post I looked. Not too happy about that.

I've accepted 2 Banner Ovens as gifts and so far no gifts are showing. No banner ovens in inventory either but hoping that changes when I unlock them.

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 12:19 PM
Wondering why my posts and a couple of others were deleted? Is it not allowed to talk about the missing banner oven in storage or something? Genuinely confused here. :confused:

mergirl96
07-01-15, 12:22 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/rewa398/Screenshot_2015-07-01-14-11-37-1_zpsnfulkc5t.png (http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/rewa398/media/Screenshot_2015-07-01-14-11-37-1_zpsnfulkc5t.png.html)

I accepted an oven as a gift and it's not showing up anywhere. I also gifted my neighbors ovens too without thinking about it. Oh well. I did see something that I took note of. The rocket oven doesn't have the little hammer icon implicating that you need to build it. Maybe it means nothing, but on the otherhand maybe it doesn't.

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 12:23 PM
Wondering my posts are deleted? Is it not allowed to talk about the missing banner oven in storage or something? Genuinely confused here. :confused:

same. :confused:

nomicrophone
07-01-15, 12:24 PM
The ovens as gifts can be found in your appliance tab.
But if you buy the oven on your own, then you will need to request the parts, but you can't send the parts, only the ovens :)

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 12:25 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/rewa398/Screenshot_2015-07-01-14-11-37-1_zpsnfulkc5t.png (http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/rewa398/media/Screenshot_2015-07-01-14-11-37-1_zpsnfulkc5t.png.html)

I accepted an oven as a gift and it's not showing up anywhere. I also gifted my neighbors ovens too without thinking about it. Oh well. I did see something that I took note of. The rocket oven doesn't have the little hammer icon implicating that you need to build it. Maybe it means nothing, but on the otherhand maybe it doesn't.

Did you do the first goal ? (Buy wallpaper, tiles, etc)

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 12:26 PM
everything is back to normal guys, you are now able to gift the required parts july coil & oven light.

deekathleen
07-01-15, 12:27 PM
That would really suck if we have to spend gems to do goal requirements. I may not even do it if that is the case.

geordieprogman
07-01-15, 12:32 PM
Well I won't be doing these goals. On the 2nd recipe you have to buy a pie table display which costs 10 gems! No way I'm paying gems to do a goal. If I pay these 10 gems will anything else need gems to advance as well. Plus where does it stop? Is this going to be the norm every month?

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 12:33 PM
everything is back to normal guys, you are now able to gift the required parts july coil & oven light.

Well that ****ed the joy, darn it...

Thanks for letting us know.

mergirl96
07-01-15, 12:33 PM
Did you do the first goal ? (Buy wallpaper, tiles, etc)

Silly me I completely forgot! :o I got gifted an oven and got too excited to remember I just did it and got my oven. The little hammer is back now.

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 12:34 PM
Well I won't be doing these goals. On the 2nd recipe you have to buy a pie table display which costs 10 gems! No way I'm paying gems to do a goal. If I pay these 10 gems will anything else need gems to advance as well. Plus where does it stop? Is this going to be the norm every month?

Really ???

Reminds me of the music goals 2 years ago, when the trumpet player costs gems. I bought him instead of skipping...

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 12:38 PM

currently making a shocked face.

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 12:40 PM
Well that ****ed the joy, darn it...

Thanks for letting us know.

I knew something there had to be too good to be true, now I'm seeing that you have to spend gems to complete the goal...

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 12:41 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 12:42 PM
Are you serious? I have 1 gem HA.

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 12:42 PM
same. :confused:

The posts they deleted aren't even scandalous at all lol.

Ridiculous! What if they require the Popcorn Bucket for 12 gems too? And 4 of the Banner table at 2 gems each?? That's easily 30 gems!

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 12:45 PM

Ridiculous! What if they require the Popcorn Bucket for 12 gems too? And 4 of the Banner table at 2 gems each?? That's easily 30 gems!

Exactly!! I guess they just want people to spend real money on the game! I don't buy gems

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 12:45 PM
Shhh don't give them ideas Pepper. :)

I feel discourage, LOL!
This is the very first time I feel like not doing goals, laziness is a sin...

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 12:46 PM
okay, my question is can someone confirm that the goal requires gems? because there's content towards the back as usual that we always unlock with goals & have to purchase, maybe the two things in the front are just extra pieces of decor? we need answers.

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 12:47 PM
Ex Team Lava or whatever the heck they call their selfs now is totally going nuts latey. Complete goals with gems? Wow! Bummer!

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 12:47 PM
okay, my question is can someone confirm that the goal requires gems? because there's content towards the back as usual that we always unlock with goals & have to purchase, maybe the two things in the front are just extra pieces of decor? we need answers.

Here's your proof:

http://i.imgur.com/FgNfyyK.jpg

zoo123g
07-01-15, 12:52 PM
what appliance do you need for a lemon class?

ministripes
07-01-15, 12:55 PM
i can't seem to find which appliance i have to cook the lemon chess pie with :(

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 12:55 PM
Exactly!! I guess they just want people to spend real money on the game! I don't buy gems

Shhh don't give them ideas Pepper. :)

I feel discourage, LOL!
This is the very first time I feel like not doing goals, laziness is a sin...

LOL this goal is so crazy I'm just laughing at myself for accepting the ovens *coughbannercough* that I won't be able to use because of this gem requirement roadblock. Though if it's only the pie table display then I might be willing to skip for 5 gems since that's cheaper (but I have to talk myself into it first lol) but if it requires other gem purchases then I'm probably out for this month!

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 12:58 PM
The only way to get past the goal is to buy the 24 gem package :(

cakeandpie
07-01-15, 01:00 PM

I didn't see any pic of the bundle...just a pic of the little pop-up which doesn't really show anything...

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:01 PM

It's the rocket oven you need

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 01:04 PM
what appliance do you need for a lemon class?

Rocket Oven.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:11 PM
Is anyone actually buying that pie display for 10 gems or skip for 5?

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 01:13 PM

I considered to buy it before i saw that you have to buy it.so yes,i think i'll get it.but it's ridiculous and mean that you're forced to get it if you want to finish the goals.They got so greedy!

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 01:13 PM

I'm having that dilemma right now.

If I skip for 5 gems then I won't have the table. If I pay 10 gems I will have the table, BUT how do I know that's the only step that requires gems. :confused:

Gems should be spend on optional stuff and not a must! What you going to do buy or skip ?

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 01:15 PM

If I skip for 5 gems then I won't have the table. If I pay 10 gems I will have the table, BUT how do I know that's the only step that requires gems. :confused:

Gems should be spend on optional stuff and not a must! What you going to do buy or skip ?

I have the feeling that we need to buy more gem stuff.like the popcorn thing. But hopefully i'm wrong!

geordieprogman
07-01-15, 01:16 PM

There's not much point really as you're going to have to buy tables for gems later as well.

I've just sent an email to S8 about this. Surely this must be a bug as well. They are going to alienate a lot of players over this.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:19 PM
These goals are gem heavy! As I only have 1 gem, it looks like I'll be spending money on the 24 package ugh!

pieandcream
07-01-15, 01:20 PM
i wont continue with goals if we need to spend 10 gems. (or 5 to skip) UNLESS we get those gems back with the step completion. but otherwise I will simply not do these goals.... just not worth it. goals were supposed to be fun, not another pay for play part of the game. the more people partake in this, the more likely we will see more pay for play stuff pop up. first ovens, now goals.....they'll find more to squeeze out gems. as someone mentioned above, wouldnt be surprised if we needed to buy those gem tables as well.....

pieandcream
07-01-15, 01:22 PM
These goals are gem heavy! As I only have 1 gem, it looks like I'll be spending money on the 24 package ugh!

i wouldnt if i were you. there might be another step where you need to buy the tables for gems :P depending on how many you might fall short on gems anyway XD

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:25 PM
i wouldnt if i were you. there might be another step where you need to buy the tables for gems :P depending on how many you might fall short on gems anyway XD

HA I know and I refuse to buy gems. I hope it's a bug and gets fixed during my sleep. The display isn't even worth 10 gems anyway lol

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 01:26 PM

I have the same dilemma. I guess I don't mind paying or skipping for gems for one thing but as geordie pointed out, we'd still have to shell out some for the tables too so either way we lose. *sigh*

first ovens, now goals.....they'll find more to squeeze out gems. as someone mentioned above, wouldnt be surprised if we needed to buy those gem tables as well.....

You know what? It makes me think that they did this because a number of people managed to squeeze a good amount of gems from watching ads over the past few days. But newsflash Storm8, not all of us got that feature! This goal is not reasonable at all!

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 01:27 PM
Here's your proof:

ugh! :(

babyxdoll1
07-01-15, 01:28 PM
you do know where they can stuff these goals right.who in their right minds pay to play a fun game? passing on these goals

StevenKevin
07-01-15, 01:29 PM
Im really glad the pie table is for gems :) that was the only interesting thing for me, so ty storm8 for pleasing players like me who dont care a fig about goals yessssss :)

deekathleen
07-01-15, 01:30 PM
I don't even see an option for a bundle pack or whatever it is. Is the bundle thing just for ios users?

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:33 PM
I don't even see an option for a bundle pack or whatever it is. Is the bundle thing just for ios users?

Android users don't get bundles.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:33 PM
Im really glad the pie table is for gems :) that was the only interesting thing for me, so ty storm8 for pleasing players like me who dont care a fig about goals yessssss :)

So what about the recipes?

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 01:34 PM
at this point, I think that I'm going to wait it out to see if it's another mistake on their part rather than spend the gems to continue with the goal.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:37 PM
at this point, I think that I'm going to wait it out to see if it's another mistake on their part rather than spend the gems to continue with the goal.
Yes it's currently 9pm here and nearly bed time for me and I will wait until the morning to see if the pie display is for coins because I really don't want to spend like ?4 on a set of 24 gems

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 01:40 PM
Yes it's currently 9pm here and nearly bed time for me and I will wait until the morning to see if the pie display is for coins because I really don't want to spend like ?4 on a set of 24 gems

I'm afraid it is on purpose!

dragonspearls
07-01-15, 01:44 PM
Here's your proof:

OMG. For the first time ever since I started playing, I will not be doing goals unless this changes. I refuse to use my hard earned gems to complete goals. This totally makes the goals not worth doing for me since it's a net 4 gem loss after mastering the 3 recipes on the Rocket Oven. And if the table are a required purchase, that adds insult to injury. I usually buy 6 of each goal table and chair, but not for gems.

Looks like I'll only be mastering the recipes on the Rocket Oven at my own pace (and not buying my usual 10) and will not do the goals. I'd love to tell S8 what I'm thinking at the moment, but it would get my post deleted. I'm not a happy baker right now. I hope they change this, but I'm not holding my breath.

AMuffins
07-01-15, 01:48 PM

The bundle first shows up when you open the game... Im an android player and I have the gem bundle...

But no game company will ever get my hard earned green cash.

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 01:54 PM
I hope we don't need to buy the popcorn thing for 12 gems also :(

twospoons
07-01-15, 01:56 PM
sorry, this is probably already answered, but i've just skimmed the past few pages of the thread. they took away the gifting full ovens feature already? i finally got a few minutes to jump on, but i only saw parts in gifting options.

if so, sorry neighbors who managed to send me full ovens! that was very nice of you!

and adding my agreement to those who do not like the new "spend gems on goals" requirements. seriously? FU, S8. i'm not quitting yet, but i'm sure as hell not spending any money on this game anymore.

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 01:58 PM
sorry, this is probably already answered, but i've just skimmed the past few pages of the thread. they took away the gifting full ovens feature already? i finally got a few minutes to jump on, but i only saw parts in gifting options.

if so, sorry neighbors who managed to send me full ovens! that was very nice of you!

and adding my agreement to those who do not like the new "spend gems on goals" requirements. seriously? FU, S8. i'm not quitting yet, but i'm sure as hell not spending any money on this game anymore.

Yes,they changed it.Now you can only gift parts,as always.

steelersbabyyy
07-01-15, 02:09 PM
uhmm so in order to complete the goals why are we paying gems for the pie display and popcorn bucket??? you mean i can't get the third recipe in the first oven unless i spend 10 gems on the pie table display??? are they serious???

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 02:13 PM
uhmm so in order to complete the goals why are we paying gems for the pie display and popcorn bucket??? you mean i can't get the third recipe in the first oven unless i spend 10 gems on the pie table display??? are they serious???

We don't know yet if the Popcorn Bucket is a requirement but yes, in order to get to the third recipe of the 1st oven you must either buy the Pie Table display for 10 gems or skip for 5. And oh, don't forget that we usually have a tables and chairs goal so the cost of the gem table adds up.

steelersbabyyy
07-01-15, 02:18 PM
We don't know yet if the Popcorn Bucket is a requirement but yes, in order to get to the third recipe of the 1st oven you must either buy the Pie Table display for 10 gems or skip for 5. And oh, don't forget that we usually have a tables and chairs goal so the cost of the gem table adds up.

ughhh that stinks! i dont want to spend gems on goals. but i want the recipes on the ovens

srg70
07-01-15, 02:19 PM
Yes, they do want 10 gems. You can skip for 5 gems or pay 10 and buy the pie table. Not happy about this. Do not think I will be finishing these goals:(((((

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/fd572bde0fe7f7583feafb33258f2b39.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/8140ec724ae90d785accb33bc7f8e548.jpg

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 02:21 PM
Yes, they do want 10 gems. You can skip for 5 gems or pay 10 and buy the pie table. Not happy about this. Do not think I will be finishing these goals:(((((

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/fd572bde0fe7f7583feafb33258f2b39.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/8140ec724ae90d785accb33bc7f8e548.jpg

You can skip it for 5 but then again why would you waste your gems

srg70
07-01-15, 02:23 PM
You can skip it for 5 but then again why would you waste your gems

For me personally I would rather skip for 5 than pay 10 for something I wouldn't use.

myferngardens
07-01-15, 02:24 PM
I considered to buy it before i saw that you have to buy it.so yes,i think i'll get it.but it's ridiculous and mean that you're forced to get it if you want to finish the goals.They got so greedy!
My thoughts exactly! I was considering buying the 10 gem table decor but I am pissed and shocked that it would be required for the goals. At least the trumpet player was 12 gems with a 12 gem reward. I see no 10 gem reward! I cant believe that S8 calls this a free app (with optional in app purchases). It's NOT. Gems for ovens and gems for goals is PAY TO PLAY. Ridiculous!

larissa2k
07-01-15, 02:24 PM
Wow had this been some old Christmas goal or a really old goal I would have done it but this is too much I think for the first. Time I'll have to.skip this goal.

larissa2k
07-01-15, 02:30 PM
I was wondering why there was so many gem sales I'm glad I decided to wait we can't reward this company for this .

aiyoosha
07-01-15, 02:34 PM
forget this stupid goal i am not spending any gems no matter how small on this no way! s8 ur bonkers if u think this is a smart move

CassieJo84
07-01-15, 02:47 PM
I still want to believe this is a mistake. I know it's not, but I want to believe it will be fixed tomorrow.

aiyoosha
07-01-15, 02:52 PM
There is also a new bundle available on here and RS. This brings to mind other games where you can get gems, a display and something else. They are definitely utilizing new options that I see in other games. I'm torn on whether I like it or not. Sometimes change is good. But considering the new people working with storm8, this may take things in a drastic direction. The price seemss a bit much for the gems we get and display.

and wth! is this about ^ so u spend 10 bucks on this so called "package" and u get oven parts and a weird display i never seen before? where the hell is that from???

ravenousdreams
07-01-15, 02:53 PM
I still want to believe this is a mistake. I know it's not, but I want to believe it will be fixed tomorrow.

Wouldn't that be nice? Unfortunately, it's probably not. Look at how quickly the glitch was fixed for the giftable complete ovens. I will cross my fingers it's a mistake but won't hold my breath.

Could somebody from Storm8 or TeamLava, whichever it is, please comment on this issue for us?

steelersbabyyy
07-01-15, 03:09 PM
its so confusing though because restaurant story has everything for coins.

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 03:10 PM
So... Did anyone pass the table part, onto the 3rd recipe perhaps ?

sls0991
07-01-15, 03:22 PM
I started the goals late and was waiting for recipes I started earlier to finish cooking. I just went to find the new oven and I couldn't find it, but then I realized I had 6 already built. I was like woah what? And after reading this thread I know why, LOL. I didn't even pay attention to what was being gifted to me, I usually just accept in a rush when it's new goals. But if they make us buy tables and items for gems to complete the goals, I'll pass. I don't really care much for these anyway and if most of us skip them, hopefully they'll change it or never do it again in the future. Stupid move S8...

LalaSmooth
07-01-15, 03:30 PM
So... Did anyone pass the table part, onto the 3rd recipe perhaps ?

Nope. I need 4 more gems to skip

roxierocket
07-01-15, 03:56 PM
WTH is the deal with the goal floor tiles cost of 6,000 PER TILE? I guess they do not want any newbies to play? I've been playing for years and this is ridiculous! I've got BS and RS but they are getting out of hand on some of this stuff since the buyout.

CassieJo84
07-01-15, 04:01 PM
Where are the admins/s8 support staff with some answers? Any chance they will address concerns?

roxierocket
07-01-15, 04:06 PM
Im with you. I'd hate to stop playing but I certainly will. No way am I going to have to buy gems to do a goal. There are definitely other games that are good and do not require gems to play goals. Tacky. We buy gems for things that we like, not to just do daily play. Also, I noted that other games that offer gems have sales on them around holidays where you can get double the gems or more for sale prices. Keeps your customers happy and buying along.

alicee11
07-01-15, 04:06 PM
If anyone has a picture of the item inside the package please post it, don't see it so good and not sure if it's worth to buy it

alicee11
07-01-15, 04:07 PM
This is what I said exectlly when they realised ovens for gems: make also goals for gems TL why not, we all love to pay money for your holidays in Hawaii, middle finger for all of YOUU

ashrb
07-01-15, 04:12 PM
So I purchased the pie table before I knew it was apart of the goals, mainly because I wanted to create a 4th of July corner and I have hardly any decor for this. Now I'm annoyed because had I known this would be in the goals, I wouldn't have wasted 10 gems on this scam. That's right S8, this is a scam for money. I've been playing this game since the beginning, so it's not shocking that they are wanting players spend gems on goals seeing as they have done this before. It still annoys me though because I feel that goals should be off limits in regards to spending gems. I've been bored with this game for months now and goals + decorating is the only entertaining aspect of the game for me. Lately I take breaks and only play when there are goals. So S8, stop being greedy and make goals fair for everyone. You have other ways to earn money through these games and this company isn't hurting for money. Why take the fun out of something that majority of players look forwards to on a monthly basis?

roxierocket
07-01-15, 04:12 PM
Possibly they are doing this to make us aggravated enough to move over to the newer version of the game? There are always changes in buyouts but I've noted that since the introduction of the RS2 version, it's been escalating on chnges.
Some not so good. Whatever, it is certainly not geared towards loyalty to your paying customers - especially those who are long term. I've been playing so long that I have everything they ever put out there except for one goal room when I was sick and didn't make the 30 days. :mad:

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 04:15 PM

the part that's really making me hesitate is that everything in RS seems to be for coins...

would they do that!? gems to get through a goal in one, but not the other...

deekathleen
07-01-15, 04:15 PM
I won't play rs2,fro what I hear it is equivalent to a part time job. The graphics in it are horrible boxy cartoons.

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 04:20 PM

don't stop believing! :cool:

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 04:20 PM
Haha you've made the 4th of July so much fun for or the Americans, TL! Most of the non-Americans don't care so much, but your greed really is going to be the undoing of you.

pieandcream
07-01-15, 04:21 PM
wth is the deal with the goal floor tiles cost of 6,000 per tile? I guess they do not want any newbies to play? I've been playing for years and this is ridiculous! I've got bs and rs but they are getting out of hand on some of this stuff since the buyout.

agreed!!!!!

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 04:21 PM
I won't play rs2,fro what I hear it is equivalent to a part time job. The graphics in it are horrible boxy cartoons.

It's really bad, such a step backwards. I tried to play it for gems in FFS but gave up because it was so amateur. I've got better things to do than play games designed for 7 year olds.

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 04:23 PM
Where are the admins/s8 support staff with some answers? Any chance they will address concerns?

I'm sure they will address the issue.........next week. :rolleyes:

Natasha_07
07-01-15, 04:27 PM
don't stop believing! :cool:

Hold on to that feeling, streetlight...

I mean I'm wanting to believe someone will take the plunge for us all after the table step before I go to sleep. Maybe I'll do it, but if the dreaded other step requires gems I'm gonna go ballistic. :)

No, I change my mind.

jessooca
07-01-15, 04:31 PM
I was gifted an oven for the new goal, but I cannot find it. Any suggestions? What is going on???

ravenousdreams
07-01-15, 04:33 PM
I was gifted an oven for the new goal, but I cannot find it. Any suggestions? What is going on???

Did you check under where you would normally buy your ovens?

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 04:34 PM

They're reading, deleting posts ... but not replying. Nice.

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 04:34 PM

try next to the Texas oven.

biscuitsndavey
07-01-15, 04:40 PM
try next to the Texas oven.

Lol! I finally found where my new ovens were. I just thought it was odd that the oven was at the end of the appliance list that you purchase from

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 04:44 PM
Hold on to that feeling, streetlight...

I mean I'm wanting to believe someone will take the plunge for us all after the table step before I go to sleep. Maybe I'll do it, but if the dreaded other step requires gems I'm gonna go ballistic. :)

No, I change my mind.

I was hoping someone would pick up on that! ;)

but yes, I've thought about doing it a few times, just the thought of having to spend even more gems down the road & then being pissed at myself for a few days isn't worth it.

pieandcream
07-01-15, 04:46 PM
They're reading, deleting posts ... but not replying. Nice.

they are very big on deleting posts about gem traps and gem costs or value for money of their games compared to others. as soon as it goes from: "i wont buy" to "i thinks its bad of us to buy this" they say it makes all the difference since its lobbying against them, i dont recall the exact phrase....unionizing against them? no, boy...cotting. that's it. they said it was boy...cotting. i believe this exact phrase is no where to be found in the forum guidelines. since some is in vagues and open to interpretation this is one of them.

i had to write boy....cotting like that cause it was a 'bad word" that appeared in stars when posted XD. however im not calling for it, just explaining......kinda silly s8? aint a swear word.

filochick1982
07-01-15, 04:49 PM
I was gifted 7 ovens and then received one extra for completing the first goal! So now I have 8 without having to build any! :) But I noticed I can't gift the ovens anymore - only parts for it? I guess they fixed that glitch pretty quickly.

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 04:50 PM
I was gifted 7 ovens and then received one extra for completing the first goal! So now I have 8 without having to build any! :) But I noticed I can't gift the ovens anymore - only parts for it? I guess they fixed that glitch pretty quickly.

yes they fixed that one. pity they didn't fix the pie table one. oh wait ....

strictly_STRANGE
07-01-15, 04:59 PM
I'm just like, the pie table is almost identical to the bbq spread in RS, different things on the tables, but they are the same size & pretty much the same idea...only difference is 10 gems vs 10,000 coins.

jessooca
07-01-15, 05:02 PM

Found it right after I posted that. Thanks. This goal is different....

myferngardens
07-01-15, 05:24 PM
Can someone explain to me what this 24 gem bundle thing is all about? I am on android is that why I haven't got a clue?
I would buy the pie table and be the guinea pig, but I haven't finished the peanut pies and I only have less than 10 gems. All my gems are tied up in the net-gain-of-ONE-gem Bavarian oven. One gem earned back so far, 5 long tedious gems to go. I can buy the pie table in September. OH WAIT...THAT WILL BE TOO LATE.

justajay
07-01-15, 05:26 PM
So 4th of July has goal to make 10 Lemon Chess Pies....is it me or can anyone else NOT find the appliance that makes this???

deekathleen
07-01-15, 05:30 PM
It is located next to the Texas oven I believe.

KadeeDid
07-01-15, 05:30 PM

I was gifted banner ovens earlier today. Never did find them as that oven was locked by goal.

What about ovens still in my gifts. Should I accept or decline?

twospoons
07-01-15, 05:31 PM

forgot to say thank you for posting these pics, orleansparish. i actually don't mind these bundles, just the part where i don't have access to them. the prices aren't awful compared to base prices in this game, it's what i'd pay for gems if i ever bought when there wasn't a gem sale (50 gems for $9.99), which i never do.

but if i did my math correctly, when i'm buying gems, i pay $6.67 for 50 of them (it's $6.99 for the 50 when on sale for me, but i normally get 105 gems at a time, not 50). so ignoring the extra parts because those are free with nice neighbors, the decor piece costs $3.32, or 25 gems. that's a lot lower than some other 55-gem or 70-gem displays they've released, it's just that this one is only available for cash, you can't use saved-up gems for it.

i don't buy these packages in dragon or castle, where i am actually offered them even though i'm on android (indicating that S8 is totally capable of selling them to me!), but if it was a fantastic piece of decor i really wanted--and though the pics are tiny, i like these pieces from what i can see--i probably would go for it in BS/RS. as economic experiments go, i like this WAY better than the stupid goals/ovens for gems, if it were universally available.

except of course, i won't go for it, because (A) i can't, and (B) i hate S8 and its stupid gem goals.

ashrb
07-01-15, 05:37 PM

Yay. Yet another bundle Android users miss out on. Sigh...

myferngardens
07-01-15, 05:39 PM
Is there a picture in this post? All I see is attached thumbnail and a little paperclip. I really wanna know what is up with this bundle.

ravenousdreams
07-01-15, 05:39 PM
I was gifted banner ovens earlier today. Never did find them as that oven was locked by goal.

I can't say. I accepted the banner oven also and I still have it locked. I'm not planning on buying the pie table for gems. I can say that the hammer next to the banner oven is no longer there but that's all I can comment on. Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable than myself can give you a better answer.

twospoons
07-01-15, 05:53 PM
i guess it doesn't matter at all if you're not planning to spend gems to do goals (and it's a personal choice, but i think none of us should). but if you do skip or pay to get to the 2nd oven, whatever banner ovens you accepted will probably be there when you get to the step that unlocks them. i couldn't see any of the 1st ovens i accepted, but they were all there once i got them unlocked. but that's a total guess.

filochick1982
07-01-15, 06:01 PM
Those ovens in your gifts would be unlocked once you complete the goal to unlock the actual oven. Accept away! I accepted my oven gifts before I completed the goal to unlock but I was able to use my gifted ovens straight away after unlocking the oven itself when I completed the goal.

amerirish
07-01-15, 06:25 PM
I completed the stage of the goal to get one built oven, but didn't. I purchased 3 but they're all unbuilt :(

oo56
07-01-15, 06:39 PM
For me, you can no longer gift the ovens and I only managed to get 1 Rocket Oven(only one I have built) and 1 Banner Oven (not yet unlocked)!:confused::(

priscillasp
07-01-15, 06:46 PM
I think I missed a step on the Independence Day goals. I must not have clicked 'Accept' in the 2nd step after buying the tiles and wallpaper. The oven is showing locked. What can I do?

ojapple96
07-01-15, 07:04 PM

Heck yes accept those appliance gifts! I gifted all my neighbors one quickly when I saw it before they fixed it😎

GGGStar
07-01-15, 07:13 PM
Have you tried completely closing the game and then going back in? Otherwise you could email the support team, I'm sure they can fix that.

Bakerling
07-01-15, 07:19 PM
Heck yes accept those appliance gifts! I gifted all my neighbors one quickly when I saw it before they fixed it

I was able to get a few ovens before they fixed it.

CassieJo84
07-01-15, 07:22 PM
I got 17 free built ovens...was so excited about it, then got hit with the gem mistake that I'm sure will be corrected tomorrow :) (positive thinking...?)

RosAbel523
07-01-15, 07:24 PM
Why can't I add anymore appliances. It tells me I reached the maximum number of appliances. I just did the fireworks wallpaper & pie tile goal. It showed me an oven w/red white & blue & now they want me to bake lemon chess pie but I can't get the oven, someone plz help

cocoandfriends
07-01-15, 07:24 PM
Please confirm if the pie table display, popcorn bucket, and banner tables requiring the use of gems is correct. It is unusual to have to use gems in order to complete goals.

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 07:35 PM
Why can't I add anymore appliances. It tells me I reached the maximum number of appliances. I just did the fireworks wallpaper & pie tile goal. It showed me an oven w/red white & blue & now they want me to bake lemon chess pie but I can't get the oven, someone plz help

there is a maximum number of appliances you are allowed to have. I think it is 18? You need to either buy another appliance slot (49 gems) or put one of your ovens into storage so you can buy another one.

Bakerling
07-01-15, 08:01 PM
i have master the recipe lemon chess pie. (1 hour)

NoWayCupcake
07-01-15, 08:06 PM
Wonder if these gem heavy goals are the price we have to pay for free gems? Though that wouldn't be fair since not everyone got the free gem offer :/

CassieJo84
07-01-15, 08:09 PM
Now I wonder if the 2nd goal oven costs gems...I don't see a hammer indicating it needs built, and all gift able parts are for the first oven...

deekathleen
07-01-15, 08:13 PM
Kindle gets no gems for updates since we get them automatically and we get no ios perks. No way I'm going to buy gems to do goals. I just bought amazon coins that I could buy gems with but I refuse to buy gems for a goal, especially for stuff I won't even put out in my bakery. Between two box updates at the same time and now this,I'll convert my coins to game money on finding a new app to play pretty soon.

oo56
07-01-15, 08:59 PM
I got 17 free built ovens...was so excited about it, then got hit with the gem mistake that I'm sure will be corrected tomorrow :) (positive thinking...?)

SOOOOOO lucky! I was only able to get 2!:p

teammaggie
07-01-15, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have a picture of that hard at work item in the value pack? It's so small.

PM14X
07-01-15, 09:21 PM
U
does anyone have a picture of that hard at work item in the value pack? It's so small.

PM14X
07-01-15, 09:28 PM
:)

myferngardens
07-01-15, 09:35 PM
om gosh! I want that! I have to be on ios to get it?

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 09:39 PM

Now that's something I would gladly pay gems for (and not the requirement to finish a goal)! I'm on iOS but it's not offered to me... maybe it's a regional thing? I hope they offer it in-game for gems instead though, and not as a value pack.

myferngardens
07-01-15, 09:45 PM
Now that's something I would gladly pay gems for (and not the requirement to finish a goal)! I'm on iOS but it's not offered to me... maybe it's a regional thing? I hope they offer it in-game for gems instead though, and not as a value pack.
Ok. I really dont understand this now!? You are on ios and don't have this hard at work item or you don't have the mysterious value pack I keep asking about but getting no answers? These goals are crazy stressful - watta mess! Btw this is something I would gladly pay gems for too...so cute!

teammaggie
07-01-15, 09:54 PM
U

Wow that's really cute. Thank you! Is that an older item they stopped selling and now giving people a chance to get it?

biscuitsndavey
07-01-15, 09:58 PM
Bakery Story has annoyed me yet again with this CRAZY requirement of purchasing a pie display for 10 Gems to complete a goal??? What are you guys smoking over there??? Restaurant Story doesn't pull this $&@"!!!

PM14X
07-01-15, 09:59 PM
I'm on IOS I don't know if Android users will have this value pack.
I think it's worth it .

PM14X
07-01-15, 10:03 PM
Wow that's really cute. Thank you! Is that an older item they stopped selling and now giving people a chance to get it?

I have more than two years playing ,I haven't seen it before .

ojapple96
07-01-15, 10:04 PM

So to get this you have to pay $10 and get this, 50 gems & 5 oven lights is that correct?

sweetypies97
07-01-15, 10:11 PM
Bakery Story has annoyed me yet again with this CRAZY requirement of purchasing a pie display for 10 Gems to complete a goal??? What are you guys smoking over there??? Restaurant Story doesn't pull this $&@"!!!

yet .....

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 10:19 PM
Ok. I really dont understand this now!? You are on ios and don't have this hard at work item or you don't have the mysterious value pack I keep asking about but getting no answers? These goals are crazy stressful - watta mess! Btw this is something I would gladly pay gems for too...so cute!

Yes I don't have the offer on my account whether I open my game on Android or iOS. It's not exclusive to iOS either cause quoting this post, apparently it's available on Android too.

The bundle first shows up when you open the game... Im an android player and I have the gem bundle...

This is not the regular "bundle" that only iOS players have though, but a value pack. Like the one they occasionally offer on Dragon Story. Unfortunately it seems like they only released it to selected players or perhaps people from a certain region?

So to get this you have to pay $10 and get this, 50 gems & 5 oven lights is that correct?

Yeah pretty much!

KadeeDid
07-01-15, 10:26 PM
I had accepted banner ovens earlier but not rocket ovens. Following advice here, I accepted 4 rocket ovens and all showed up in my appliance inventory! Banner ovens still locked by goals.

Thank you so much to all who replied.

I did gift a bunch of ovens earlier but had to leave before I sent to all neighbours. Did get them out to my most faithful ones. Did not notice which oven was needed for first goal. I think I sent banner ovens.

jadesilvermoon
07-01-15, 10:43 PM
This is becoming one expensive goal. Not impressed TL.

luincristiel
07-01-15, 10:48 PM

Is that... 32 gems?

teammaggie
07-01-15, 10:53 PM

I refuse to do this goal. I stopped at the pie table for gems because I saw the tables and popcorn were gems too and figured they would make us buy them. The second oven could be gems for all we know. And other items. I hope it's a mistake but since they are being so quiet they are probably just ignoring. I'm really fed up over this. I buy gems a lot so it's not like I don't contribute to their company but this is just insulting to me and really not having fun anymore due to all the let downs. That's just my opinion.

geordieprogman
07-01-15, 10:57 PM

WOW so that's,

1 pie display table - 10 gems
4 banner tables @ 2 gems each = 8 gems
2 popcorn buckets @ 12 gems each = 24 gems
Total so far 42 gems....so far.

No idea if any more gems are needed later. 42 gems that you HAVE to use if you wish to complete the goals. That's disgusting! I've absolutely loved this game. I'm obviously not doing any more of the goal but no idea what to do. I know I will never spend another penny with this company. Just got to decide if I want to quit or just take a timeout for a bit.

filochick1982
07-01-15, 10:57 PM
Am I reading this right? I have to spend gems to complete the goal?!?

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 11:00 PM

WOW I can't even find the right words to describe how disgusted I am at this goal! NO. No thanks TL. You keep your ridiculous 4th of July goal.. I'm happy with stopping at the second recipe, at least I'll get 4 gems from this nonsense.

Is that... 32 gems?

Also +10 for the pie table so 42 gems total... that we know of yet. Who knows what else gem-infested goal is hidden in there... pay 10 gems to Natasha in exchange for a bunch of fireworks??? LOL

pieandcream
07-01-15, 11:02 PM
the only explanation i have is that you get 100 gems at the end of the goals. ..... otherwise it just doesnt make any sense. ..... not gonna risk it though, ill wait and see.

and even if....its a d*** move.
that means if successful, from now on we ll need to have what, 50-100+ gems on our accounts in order to be able to do goals? another 'incentive' to get players to buy gems if they dont have enough, otherwise no goals for them. if ONLY it weren't for all those gem traps. i have lost just under 300 in rs, bs and fs all together within a year...

filochick1982
07-01-15, 11:05 PM
So I buy the pie table it costs me 10gems but if I skip it, it only costs me 5 gems...

PM14X
07-01-15, 11:08 PM

No Thank you TL ,I'll pass on this goal ,love this game but this is not ok !

luincristiel
07-01-15, 11:11 PM
I'm hoping for a regular goal next week...

Dragosle
07-01-15, 11:15 PM
Unless there is some big reward (and by big I mean not just the big final deco) waiting for us when we finish this goal, this will be the biggest disappointment in the history of BS :(

Honestly, this is even worse than the 5-gems oven last time. Come on S8 :(

jadesilvermoon
07-01-15, 11:17 PM

PepperWoo
07-01-15, 11:19 PM
I'm curious as to why isn't anyone from Storm8 addressing this. It's been going for about 12 hours now but not a single word from them which probably meant that it is the intended game play but still - any acknowledgement of the situation is better than nothing I guess. I know the mods have been all over the forum today what with the simultaneous bugs from BS, DS, and FFS, they even deleted some of the earlier comments here but they're still keeping mum!

irlanda_c
07-01-15, 11:22 PM
Theres no way I'm doing this goal, beyond ridiculous!!

pieandcream
07-01-15, 11:23 PM
Unless there is some big reward (and by big I mean not just the big final deco) waiting for us when we finish this goal, this will be the biggest disappointment in the history of BS :(

Honestly, this is even worse than the 5-gems oven last time. Come on S8 :(

you realize that even if we get all gems back at the end of it, that means in order to do goals we need 50+ gems to complete goals...again meaning that some people will be forced to BUY gems to be able to complete goals, right? ESPECIALLY with all those gem traps.

PennyLane1900
07-01-15, 11:24 PM
Must be a heat wave over there.their brains couln't handle it! Ridiculous! They delete comments but don't answer.I won't spend gems on this ****! Wtf???

PennyLane1900
07-02-15, 12:12 AM
I'm curious as to why isn't anyone from Storm8 is addressing this. It's been going for about 12 hours now but not a single word from them which probably meant that it is the intended game play but still - any acknowledgement of the situation is better than nothing I guess. I know the mods have been all over the forum today what with the simultaneous bugs from BS, DS, and FFS, they even deleted some of the earlier comments here but they're still keeping mum!

Of course they are quick with deleting all this negative things we said about this challenge. ;) And as always they're very slow with answering.Maybe they do but then it's probably the " you can send a mail to TL" bull..... :)

mergirl96
07-02-15, 12:18 AM
WOW so that's,

1 pie display table - 10 gems
4 banner tables @ 2 gems each = 8 gems
2 ppcorn buckets @ 12 gems each = 24 gems
Total so far 42 gems....so far.

No idea if any more gems are needed later. 42 gems that you HAVE to use if you wish to complete the goals. That's disgusting! I've absolutely loved this game. I'm obviously not doing any more of the goal but no idea what to do. I know I will never spend another penny with this company. Just got to decide if I want to quit or just take a timeout for a bit.

Well it's official, I'm not doing the rest of this goal. I'll stop after I unlock the second recipe on the first oven.

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 12:42 AM
Looks like I'm not doing these goals which is a shame because I really liked the recipes.

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 12:45 AM
Looks like storm8 will be getting an angry email from me! This is ridicious and no one can afford 42 gems to spend on items that probably be in their bakeries for a matter of days! 42 gems? Hahaha what a joke storm8 are becoming

pieandcream
07-02-15, 12:50 AM
Looks like storm8 will be getting an angry email from me! This is ridicious and no one can afford 42 gems to spend on items that probably be in their bakeries for a matter of days! 42 gems? Hahaha what a joke storm8 are becoming

i think there might be gem reward at end of goal. to entice players to do the goals for a gem reward potentially higher than the gem cost. this if done however will lead to a situation where players will have pay for play goals. if you don't have enough gems on your account, you cant do the goals. there is also no guarantee that if you keep 100gems reserve for it you will be able to do goals because of all those gem traps!!!!

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 01:00 AM
So even if you choose to skip these items and purchase the 4 chairs.
It would be 5 for the pie display and 10 for the popcorn and 8 for the chairs which works out to be 24 gems which is better than paying 42 gems but still who pays to play?

Dragosle
07-02-15, 01:09 AM
you realize that even if we get all gems back at the end of it, that means in order to do goals we need 50+ gems to complete goals...again meaning that some people will be forced to BUY gems to be able to complete goals, right? ESPECIALLY with all those gem traps.

i think there might be gem reward at end of goal. to entice players to do the goals for a gem reward potentially higher than the gem cost. this if done however will lead to a situation where players will have pay for play goals. if you don't have enough gems on your account, you cant do the goals. there is also no guarantee that if you keep 100gems reserve for it you will be able to do goals because of all those gem traps!!!!

Now that you mention it, yeah that's true... and sad :( It's like those Limit re-release item back then where you got to buy a deco with 70 gems and were offered a goal for 15 gems return.

It would be 5 for the pie display and 10 for the popcorn and 8 for the chairs which works out to be 24 gems which is better than paying 42 gems but still who pays to play?

Uhm I think you mean 4 tables, the chair cost coin.

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 01:11 AM
Yeah my bad I meant the tables sorry

melindag1976
07-02-15, 01:19 AM

That's approximately $5 - $10 to play this months goal, if you buy gems and they're not on sale. There are kids who play this game.. We should really boy cott this move

Bakerling
07-02-15, 02:01 AM

I love to share some part of the goal I have completed.

CassieJo84
07-02-15, 02:44 AM
Not doing this ridiculous goal. They are out of their minds, and it's really annoying that they won't even respond.

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 02:53 AM
Not doing this ridiculous goal. They are out of their minds, and it's really annoying that they won't even respond.

Don't email teamlava. You're best off emailing storm8 instead as you get someone who actually answers your questions

aishaibrahims
07-02-15, 03:00 AM
Oh man! I left this game afew weeks back, but thought id pop back to check out goals. Wasnt too excited about the prizes, so thought id just unlock the ovens for when/if i return. Looks like il just have to settle for 2 recipes instead! No way am spending even 1gem on a goal! Why mess with the goals?? Didnt you guys just celebrate coz so many people installed your games? You still not getting enough money? Check out the suggestions on the thread, then you and players can both be happy! Iv played here on and off for nearly 4yrs, its gonna be a big fat off forever if this craziness carries on!!

ileftmyheartinazeroth
07-02-15, 03:09 AM
Did anyone else notice the gem price to skip the food cooking/serving part of the goals has gone way up too? Wasn't it closer to 1 gem each before, like the "cook 20 pies" was 20 gems to skip & the "serve 20 pies" was 20 gems too? I would never skip an entire tier of food, but a couple times I wouldn't have enough time to complete a goal & was on the last 12 hour food, so I would just queue up whatever small number I had left to complete the "cooking" part & then I'd skip the last handful of servings with gems... I saw it as a low gem loss to ensure I'd get the big end goal display. Of course looking back, it wasn't necessary since 90% of goal-acquired items just sit in my storage anyway hehe

As for the whole "gems required to complete the goal" situation... speaking as someone who has spent well into the 4 digit range over the past three years across multiple TL games *despite being a second class Android user*, I agree this is too obviously a decision based solely on greed. The bottom line is, TL is a business & businesses want to make money. I always reasoned that it's okay to occasionally buy gems to support them since they were kind enough to provide the game for free & without ads. But I have also noticed how much more frequent the gem-trap pop-ups have gotten in recent months. & at level 99 with no more room to decorate (& no desire to accumulate dead weight neighbors just for the sake of expanding), there really is not enough interesting content for me in BS or RS anymore. The monthly goals & my neighbors are the only things that keep me checking in. I haven't spent money in BS or RS in at least 6 months, probably longer. Now, DS on the other hand... >.> *cough* lol

Technically, you can argue that the gems aren't really required to complete the goal, because technically completing the goals aren't required to play the game. They just unlock ovens/decor that you can choose to use or not use. But the problem lies in the fact that they were regularly putting out a big monthly goal update that everyone could participate in, for free, & now all of a sudden this set of goals is inaccessible to a portion of their player base that has come to expect this content. TL is more than entitled to make some money off their product, but I believe the proper way to do so is to put out awesome gem-priced decor or special bundles that are completely optional but will make some players go "OMG-- that new (item) is so cool looking, I would totally pay to put that in my bakery!"

Unfortunately, given their silence on the subject, I don't think anything's going to change. If we're lucky, this was just an experiment & we'll be back to coin-only goals in August, otherwise this is the new normal. But the truth is, for every player who is outraged or hurt over this, there's another 20 players willing to spend/buy gems on these goals without blinking an eye. I don't even think a significant drop in profits would change their ways... it'd probably just make them more aggressive :P

Eh, it's disappointing, but I'm not surprised by the move at all. Doesn't matter much to me since I'm pretty much over BS & RS. I think the sun has set on our... day in the sun. lol

ileftmyheartinazeroth
07-02-15, 03:29 AM
So... yeah. :( Gem prices for skipping parts does seem to have gone up. For comparison:

Taking Off (First step of last month's goals):
6 Balloon Festival Wallpapers = 12 gems to skip
12 Cloud Tiles = 24 gems to skip

A Baking Competition (First step of this month's goals):
6 Fireworks Wallpaper = 30 gems to skip
12 Pie Lattice Floor Tiles = 60 gems to skip

I know virtually nobody would skip the easy wallpaper/tile step of a goal, but that isn't the point I'm making here. lol

GGGStar
07-02-15, 04:01 AM

I love to share some part of the goal I have completed.

Thanks for sharing :)

minidemon88
07-02-15, 04:07 AM
Wow, I read through all the pages and did I see wrongly?! Either 42 gems to complete all the goals or 24 gems to skip them. Now I understand why this updates came with a limited time value pack offer(5 days), which includes 50 gems + one very exclusive deco + 5 oven lights. I'm so impressed that I bet the summer heat must have hit their brain went haywire! :rolleyes:

First, 5 gems for new appliance. Now gems requirement goals. So what's next? Use gem to unlock new recipe?????

jandtandn
07-02-15, 04:25 AM
what's next? Use gem to unlock new recipe?????

Hush! They don't need anymore gimmicky ideas! lol

LadyEna
07-02-15, 04:39 AM
I bought 5 tables before I realized that I was spending gems.
I as many others will not be buying gems to complete goals.

Total BS!!!!!

To move to other goals you need to spend gems.
So yes I believe to get new recipes you have to open your wallet!

ojapple96
07-02-15, 04:42 AM
Looks like I'll be missing out on July candles, judges table, pie bakers as those are all goal items but honestly not interested. Good customer service is responsive to customer concerns. Good customer service would be to provide a heads up in advance of or immediately following major changes (I.e, ovens for gems, new update to game, video feature, change to requiring gems to complete goals). We've had crickets for all of this and not even kooky panda to try to smooth things over. Pepperwoo has been like an employee with the time and care taken to list out and update goal content and I'm glad you've stopped with this one. This is just ridiculous and no way to treat loyal consumers of your product. I play this game for fun to be engaged with my family members that play and destress from all the horrible news in the world. This is just not so fun or stressfree anymore pretty disappointing to say the very least.

dragonspearls
07-02-15, 05:01 AM

Me either and I will not be completing the goals. I will master the first 2 recipes on the Rocket Oven, but that's it. I refuse to spend gems on goals. What sucks is that I was hoping for (and looking forward to buying when the goals turned out to be) new July 4th decor until I found out about the gem cost to do goals. Absolutely not happy about this.

dragonspearls
07-02-15, 05:06 AM
[Snipped for brevity]

Unfortunately, given their silence on the subject, I don't think anything's going to change. If we're lucky, this was just an experiment & we'll be back to coin-only goals in August, otherwise this is the new normal. But the truth is, for every player who is outraged or hurt over this, there's another 20 players willing to spend/buy gems on these goals without blinking an eye. I don't even think a significant drop in profits would change their ways... it'd probably just make them more aggressive :P

Eh, it's disappointing, but I'm not surprised by the move at all. Doesn't matter much to me since I'm pretty much over BS & RS. I think the sun has set on our... day in the sun. lol

I agree. For those who can afford to buy gems and are willing to spend them on goals, go for it. You're the ones S8 LOVES and have been gearing their games to in recent months. For the rest of us - be it by principle or lack of money - it might be time to find a new hobby.

Dragosle
07-02-15, 05:10 AM
Deciding to take a look out at the 2 expensive decos that need for the goal and I must say the pricing is shocking me even more!

- Pie Table (need buy 1) = 10 gems/each. A 2x2, look somewhat cool. Make me considering: may be it not so bad buying it... and then
- Popcorn Bucket (or whatever it's called, need buy 2) = 12 gems/each x2 = 24 gems, and it's a 1x1. Unbelievable :mad:

BonBonDelights
07-02-15, 05:16 AM
Not buying gems for goals they can keep it I've been playing this game for over two years first time I've posted Its the principal of the thing

alicee11
07-02-15, 05:32 AM
Maybe we are complaining too much about the updates and goals, that's why TL are doing this things, but still sure there will be 99% of players will finish this goal by spending the gems, very sad about that this game is getting worse and worse, should be free in way and it was before for normal players with still gems decor for those kids who are enjoying to spend their money on such a stuff. I'm very sorry for you TL, better for you to go enjoy your asses in Hawaii for this summer than make any updates for us, you are so pissed like having hard period.

LalaSmooth
07-02-15, 05:35 AM
I had money left over on my google play card and bought the 24 gem package. Hopefully I have enough when I skip the two items and buy the 4 tables. Probably not

alicee11
07-02-15, 05:39 AM
Middle finger for you TL!

sugakane_01
07-02-15, 05:52 AM
I refuse to do this goal. I stopped at the pie table for gems because I saw the tables and popcorn were gems too and figured they would make us buy them. The second oven could be gems for all we know. And other items. I hope it's a mistake but since they are being so quiet they are probably just ignoring. I'm really fed up over this. I buy gems a lot so it's not like I don't contribute to their company but this is just insulting to me and really not having fun anymore due to all the let downs. That's just my opinion.

Same here but I'm done. I stupidly bought a pie table before I realized it was for gems :mad:

Team Lava will never get one red cent out of me and I'm finished with Bakery Story. This is ridiculous, greedy, shady and a slap in the face and completely disrespectful to loyal users.

If their intent was to drive people away from the game, I offer my congratulations b/c it worked. I've been getting messages left and right from neighbors who are quitting the game. I'm really upset and quite frankly, I'm probably going to join them. I've put up w/a lot from this company in the time I've been playing but this right here is looking like the straw that broke the camel's back.

mmadron82
07-02-15, 05:54 AM
What stove do I need to make lemon chess?

strictly_STRANGE
07-02-15, 06:07 AM

THIS IS A ****ING JOKE RIGHT!?!?!?!?! :mad: