PDA

View Full Version : Can an old bakery account be transfered to a new tablet?

lilalria
06-29-15, 06:11 PM
Quick summery:
Its been at least a year ago that we fried out our tablet where I spent crazy amounts of time building up my bakery (lilalria). We just recently were able to get a tablet again. I instantly redownloaded the Bakery Story app and was disheartened to have to start over with a new bakery. My husband asked if my other one was still running (I'd had the Barita Counter add on so it could keep stuff going in case we did have the tablet finally eat it). I checked it. It's still there looking just like I left it.
I would love nothing more then to pick up with my old one if possible. Is it possible to put it on his tablet after so long away from it?

PepperWoo
06-29-15, 06:30 PM
Since you were able to post here at the forum using your old Storm8 ID, it's safe to assume that you still know the password right? Use the same Storm8 ID (lilalria) and password to log-in to your old bakery on your new device. You should be able to recover it. :)

lilalria
06-29-15, 06:53 PM
Since you were able to post here at the forum using your old Storm8 ID, it's safe to assume that you still know the password right? Use the same Storm8 ID (lilalria) and password to log-in to your old bakery on your new device. You should be able to recover it. :)

Thats good news.I must apologize. Im not very tech savy. Is there a way too log in and out of different storm8 ids in the games? Its currently set up under my husbands.

jandtandn
06-29-15, 06:55 PM
Yes, you can log in and out of different IDs on the same device. Make sure they are both set up with passwords.

lilalria
06-29-15, 07:05 PM
Im going to sound very stupid I know... But how do you log in and out with a tablet? I've gone through every menu option in the game and cant find a place to change users.

PepperWoo
06-29-15, 07:09 PM
Thats good news.I must apologize. Im not very tech savy. Is there a way too log in and out of different storm8 ids in the games? Its currently set up under my husbands.

You don't have to apologize! :) Anyway, like what jandtandn said, you can log-in and out of different accounts. Click the S8 logo at the top right-hand corner of the screen, select account settings, then the log-in to another account button.

lilalria
06-29-15, 07:12 PM
Thank you guys for being so understanding and helpful. I suck at this stuff.
Mine only pop up with the other games available. It doesnt give me an option for account settings.
The top right corner of the game has the telephone, the camera and the little head with the lightening bolt there. Am I not in the right area perhaps.

ojapple96
06-29-15, 07:19 PM
Thank you guys for being so understanding and helpful. I suck at this stuff.
Mine only pop up with the other games available. It doesnt give me an option for account settings.
The top right corner of the game has the telephone, the camera and the little head with the lightening bolt there. Am I not in the right area perhaps.

Try the Lightning bolt😉

lilalria
06-29-15, 07:23 PM
Thats where i had initially tried. it just says try our other games...fashion story, resturaunt story, etc. Theres no log in and out options.

PepperWoo
06-29-15, 07:26 PM
Is your tablet Android or iPad? Are you using the latest version of Bakery Story?

lilalria
06-29-15, 07:29 PM
its a kindle fire. Im fairly certain its the newest. Should I try removing it completly from the system and redownloading it?

PepperWoo
06-29-15, 07:34 PM
its a kindle fire. Im fairly certain its the newest. Should I try removing it completly from the system and redownloading it?

I see. Hate to break it to you but the log-in feature is only available for Android and iOS that's why you can't see the account settings option. :(

lilalria
06-29-15, 07:37 PM
aww that stinks.. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it. I'll just keep trucking along with the new one then.

trustygater
06-29-15, 07:38 PM
Thats where i had initially tried. it just says try our other games...fashion story, resturaunt story, etc. Theres no log in and out options.

You on Android? Tap on Menu (bottom left icon) then choose Social / Invite friends and there you see your current Storm 8 ID. If you select Account settings, you should see an option to login to another account. Be shure to only change account if you know the settings (user and passwort) of your current account or you will not be able to return to said account. Oh, and be aware that all your Storm 8 games on your new tablet are linked. So if you change on Bakery, you automatically change to your old account on every other S8-Game on that device. That is how I do it, since my phone crashed... switching between both accounts on my tablet :)

Hope, this helps

PepperWoo
06-29-15, 07:39 PM
aww that stinks.. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it. I'll just keep trucking along with the new one then.

I think you can still transfer your old account using the old ID transfer method here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54910-ID-Transfer-Storm8-Method&p=675489&viewfull=1#post675489. If all else fails, you can email support and have them transfer your account to your Kindle.

Edit: Just read the thread and it seems like the old ID transfer method won't work if you have already created a new Storm8 ID on your new device so I think the only way you can transfer your old account now is to email support@teamlava.com